Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,533 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:44 PM

My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach (14249 Views)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 12:47am On Feb 04, 2010
OK, here is my analysis of SE after ANC.

In the ANC:

Vs Egpyt: Had a good first half, was completely destroyed in the second half.

Vs Benin: Was OK performance, they did not dominate neither were they dominated. The Beniniose had 2 good chances on goal that I really could not blame anybody for intensely, just good play by Benin. But by and large, Nigeria had more chances.

Vs Mozambique: Their best football of the tournament and it was very good.

Vs Zambia: Was not a particularly good performance, very negative attack-wise but were not dominated until Apam got sent off. Like Benin, they were playing a team with not much to lose, hence the small team played fairlessly whilst SE were playing under tension.

Vs Ghana: Dominated completely. Their most creative game but yet did not bury their chances. Ghana had one from a set piece and then just defended till the end of the game. That was the fear I was having would happen against Zambia.

Vs Algeria: They were the better team and were more relaxed in their play as they had not much to lose anymore.

Overall played 3 games well (Moz, Algeria, Ghana), 2 were so-so (Benin, Zambia) and vs Egpyt were horrible.

The team played with limited creativity, lacked attacking will in half of their games and were boring to death in some games (especially Zambia, the game had more potency than valium).

The problems with the team:

- The have no forward propulsion and seem to only want to pass backwards.
- No creativity.
- Bar Odems, no one wants to take on defenders. And even Odems game fell off in the Zambia and Ghana game.
- The players are just too average
- There was no variation of tactics
- Poor on set pieces bar when they use Shittu

This said, I think a lot of this is not restricted to Nigeria. This is the most boring ANC I have seen EVER. Bar when Egpyt is playing, most matches were just boring. It was a poor display of African football at its best.

I think the technical team were poorer than they were in the WCQs. The team was less attacking and very much less confident at the ANC. I would attribute majority of the cause to the unbelievable pressure they were under and lack of creativity in the team. It seems no player wanted to be at fault for losing the ball and all they did was pass backwards. But at the end of the day, the responsibility for this falls to the technical bench. The worked well on the hunger after the Egypt game as the players hustled when they lose the ball but they played like frightened nationals of a dictator country.

But I cannot excuse the mooooronic and stuuupid Nigerian journalists, as they played a key role in demoralising the players. It is very hard for players AND management to deliver when there is constant, vicious rumours about how someone would be sacked. The mooorons take a large share of the blame.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 1:03am On Feb 04, 2010

In the ANC:

Vs Egpyt: Had a good first half, was completely destroyed in the second half. Correct

Vs Benin: Was OK performance, they did not dominate neither were they dominated. The Beniniose had 2 good chances on goal that I really could not blame anybody for intensely, just good play by Benin. But by and large, Nigeria had more chances. They dominated our boys for larger chunks of the game . . .or did u have some whores caressing u all thru the match ?

Vs Mozambique: Their best football of the tournament and it was very good. only the fact that they were scoring goals that day made it any good, they played beta footie against Ghana

Vs Zambia: Was not a particularly good performance, very negative attack-wise but were not dominated until Apam got sent off. Like Benin, they were playing a team with not much to lose, hence the small team played fairlessly whilst SE were playing under tension. Zambia outclassed the super chickens, no doubt, no controversy !

Vs Ghana: Dominated completely. Their most creative game but yet did not bury their chances. Ghana had one from a set piece and then just defended till the end of the game. That was the fear I was having would happen against Zambia. For how long were we going to push our luck, we never were good enuff the compeition-long tongue

Vs Algeria: They were the better team and were more relaxed in their play as they had not much to lose anymore. Correct

Overall played 3 games well (Moz, Algeria, Ghana), 2 were so-so (Benin, Zambia) and vs Egpyt were horrible. Strictly ur opinion tongue

The team played with limited creativity, lacked attacking will in half of their games and were boring to death in some games (especially Zambia, the game had more potency than valium). So u self see am, helep us ask Amodu o . . . grin

- No creativity.
- Bar Odems, no one wants to take on defenders. And even Odems game fell off in the Zambia and Ghana game.
ALL CORRECT

This said, I think a lot of this is not restricted to Nigeria. This is the most boring ANC I have seen EVER. Bar when Egpyt is playing, most matches were just boring. It was a poor display of African football at its best.

I think the technical team were poorer than they were in the WCQs. The team was less attacking and very much less confident at the ANC. I would attribute majority of the cause to the unbelievable pressure they were under and lack of creativity in the team. It seems no player wanted to be at fault for losing the ball and all they did was pass backwards. But at the end of the day, the responsibility for this falls to the technical bench. The worked well on the hunger after the Egypt game as the players hustled when they lose the ball but they played like frightened nationals of a dictator country. THANK GOD U HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT, CAN U NOW CHANGE THE TITLE OF THE THREAD ?

But I cannot excuse the mooooronic and stuuupid Nigerian journalists, as they played a key role in demoralising the players. It is very hard for players AND management to deliver when there is constant, vicious rumours about how someone would be sacked. The mooorons take a large share of the blame. ARE U AMODU IN DISGUISE ? WHO WE SLAP WHO DEY COMPLAIN OF THE PAIN ? grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 12:01pm On Feb 04, 2010
They dominated our boys for larger chunks of the game . . .or did u have some whores caressing u all thru the match ?
It seems you are very perceptive of my fantansies.  grin Watching Naija play and some women touching me up? Wow, who says you have to die before you reach heaven?  grin grin grin

Nah! You only get that perception if you analyse emotionally. The "it is just Benin, we should thrash them 10-0" analysis.

only the fact that they were scoring goals that day made it any good, they played beta footie against Ghana
Nah, Mozambique came to play as they had to win and we still dominated them. Ghana just sat back even before their goal and gave us the ball to play.

Zambia outclassed the super chickens, no doubt, no controversy !
At no time did I worry with the Zambian match. They only huffed and puffed after the red card. They were as boring as the SE.

For how long were we going to push our luck, we never were good enuff the compeition-long  tongue
This is where I have been telling those people looking for flair: I would rather have a murky win than an entertaining loss. Maybe because I have a German mentality.

If I asked who won the WC in 1982 or 1974, you would know. If I asked who played the most entertaining football in the same tournaments, I would have to get you plasters for the gash from scratching your head.

THANK GOD U HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT, CAN U NOW CHANGE THE TITLE OF THE THREAD ?
Say wetin? Does what happen in the ANC change the historical facts?  tongue

ARE U AMODU IN DISGUISE ? WHO WE SLAP WHO DEY COMPLAIN OF THE PAIN ? grin  grin
Why I no go defend my village kinsman? How you want make I chop?  cheesy
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2010
Sagamite:

In the ANC:

Vs Egpyt: Had a good first half, was completely destroyed in the second half.

Vs Benin: Was OK performance, they did not dominate neither were they dominated. The Beniniose had 2 good chances on goal that I really could not blame anybody for intensely, just good play by Benin. But by and large, Nigeria had more chances.

Vs Mozambique: Their best football of the tournament and it was very good.

Vs Zambia: Was not a particularly good performance, very negative attack-wise but were not dominated until Apam got sent off. Like Benin, they were playing a team with not much to lose, hence the small team played fairlessly whilst SE were playing under tension.

Vs Ghana: Dominated completely. Their most creative game but yet did not bury their chances. Ghana had one from a set piece and then just defended till the end of the game. That was the fear I was having would happen against Zambia.

Vs Algeria: They were the better team and were more relaxed in their play as they had not much to lose anymore.

Overall played 3 games well (Moz, Algeria, Ghana), 2 were so-so (Benin, Zambia) and vs Egpyt were horrible.

The team played with limited creativity, lacked attacking will in half of their games and were boring to death in some games (especially Zambia, the game had more potency than valium).

- No creativity.

I think the technical team were poorer than they were in the WCQs. The team was less attacking and very much less confident at the ANC. I would attribute majority of the cause to the unbelievable pressure they were under and lack of creativity in the team. It seems no player wanted to be at fault for losing the ball and all they did was pass backwards. But at the end of the day, the responsibility for this falls to the technical bench. The worked well on the hunger after the Egypt game as the players hustled when they lose the ball but they played like frightened nationals of a dictator country.

But I cannot excuse the mooooronic and stuuupid Nigerian journalists, as they played a key role in demoralising the players. It is very hard for players AND management to deliver when there is constant, vicious rumours about how someone would be sacked. The mooorons take a large share of the blame.
If he can't handle the pressure, resign. At least Scolari took off when he saw the challenges involved with the English job. The highlighted above are grounds enough for a coach to be fired. It seems your hibernation has affected your technical thought input cos it appears you didn't even watch some of the games with your foul assessment. You are losing it, Sagmon-ey. wink
A coach that can't inspire his players to glory is not worthy to lead them. Do you know Pep made a Gladiator Movie for his boys b4 their CL final with Man U last year?
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/06/02/1300570/video-special-barcelonas-champions-league-gladiator-film
That is why i say all you that know squirt about footie pls watch a little more so that you can comprehend when men are talking.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2010
snakova:

If he can't handle the pressure, resign. At least Scolari took off when he saw the challenges involved with the English job. The highlighted above are grounds enough for a coach to be fired. It seems your hibernation has affected your technical thought input cos it appears you didn't even watch some of the games with your foul assessment. You are losing it, Sagmon-ey. wink
A coach that can't inspire his players to glory is not worthy to lead them. Do you know Pep made a Gladiator Movie for his boys b4 their CL final with Man U last year?
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/06/02/1300570/video-special-barcelonas-champions-league-gladiator-film
That is why i say all you that know squirt about footie pls watch a little more so that you can comprehend when men are talking.

You consistently talk out of your arse. I have not seen a contribution from you with more than 3 sentences that is not fallible purely based on ignorance.

Scolari did not resign, he was fired. Do you know that "men" with intelligence check their facts before posting. This kind of goofing is consistent in your posts and you think you know squirt?

Has Benitez been fired? Has Domenech been fired?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 5:42pm On Feb 04, 2010
Sagamite:

- No creativity.

Below average players almost gave us heart attack against Benin and Zambia, so please ass wipe that outa your excuses. All other points are due to the coach's incapacity. It seems you are really just camouflaging as a Nigerian cos anyone that wants progress, knowing what you have outlined, would certainly suggest for a change in leadership. We are not concerned about other boring teams. we are primarily concerned about the performance of our darling SE. wink
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 5:50pm On Feb 04, 2010
Sagamite:

You consistently talk out of your arse. I have not seen a contribution from you with more than 3 sentences that is not fallible purely based on ignorance.

Scolari did not resign, he was fired. Do you know that "men" with intelligence check their facts before posting. This kind of goofing is consistent in your posts and you think you know squirt?

Has Benitez been fired? Has Domenech been fired?
You are seroiusly inept and lack depth of ineptitude. So you don't know scolari was offered the English National Team job before CaPELLO BUT HE REJECTED IT DUE TO THE PRESS PRESSURE? AND YOU STILL CLAIM TO BE IN eNGLAND. CHEI. In case you don't know replacements have already been lined up after the world cup for Domenech, even though he took France to the WC final 2006, and only the FA saved his job. Benitez is a CL and La liga winner, even though Hiddink has already been touted as a possible replacement. There is a huge difference btw Also rans, and winners. Try and get that into your puny brain wink
Brain check: do you know who Klaus Toppmoller or Javier Irrureta are? Also rans
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 5:58pm On Feb 04, 2010
snakova:

You are seroiusly inept and lack depth of ineptitude. So you don't know scolari was offered the English National Team job before CaPELLO BUT HE REJECTED IT DUE TO THE PRESS PRESSURE? AND YOU STILL CLAIM TO BE IN eNGLAND. CHEI. In case you don't know replacements have already been lined up after the world cup for Domenech, even though he took France to the WC final 2006, and only the FA saved his job. Benitez is a CL and La liga winner, even though Hiddink has already been touted as a possible replacement. There is a huge difference btw Also rans, and winners. Try and get that into your puny brain wink

When I call you Dimwit now, you will think I am insulting your.

More than 3 sentences and you make another stuuupid statement. Scolari was sought for the job before his sack at Chelsea.

I thought you said and I quote: "A coach that can't inspire his players to glory is not worthy to lead them." So why all the sudden excuse for Benitez and Domenech? Can you see that you are not yet a "man" in thinking yet?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 6:10pm On Feb 04, 2010
Sagamite:

When I call you Dimwit now, you will think I am insulting your.

More than 3 sentences and you make another stuuupid statement. Scolari was sought for the job before his sack at Chelsea.

I thought you said and I quote: "A coach that can't inspire his players to glory is not worthy to lead them." So why all the sudden excuse for Benitez and Domenech? Can you see that you are not yet a "man" in thinking yet?
Who said i was making excuses for them? no comprendo? Reports are abound that Blanc has already been given the job at France after the WC. If Benitez continues like this I am sure he'd be shown the door. And don't forget Scolari was a winner at the WC, a finalist with Portugal at EC, a Liberatodores winner, a Paulista winner. You can afford to give them a chance. And yet he was sacked. so what about some also ran with nothing to show for donkey years of coaching. wink oops sorry forgot, if not a Mandela cup victory in 1990. Not even Champs Cup. Abi was he the first to qualify naija for WC?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 8:17pm On Feb 04, 2010
snakova:

Who said i was making excuses for them? no comprendo? Reports are abound that Blanc has already been given the job at France after the WC. If Benitez continues like this I am sure he'd be shown the door. And don't forget Scolari was a winner at the WC, a finalist with Portugal at EC, a Liberatodores winner, a Paulista winner. You can afford to give them a chance. And yet he was sacked. so what about some also ran with nothing to show for donkey years of coaching. wink oops sorry forgot, if not a Mandela cup victory in 1990. Not even Champs Cup. Abi was he the first to qualify naija for WC?

"Man" that thinks, this is where the thinking of a "man" is going to be questioned. Have you given Amodu the type of players Scolari had to win the WC or be a "finalist" of EC? Did you give him Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Juninho, Rivaldo, Lucio, Kaka, Dida all in one team?

In your "thinking man's" world do you compare the performance of a man you give Ferrari with one you give a Volkswagen Beetle? I would assume a "man" that knows "squirt" would know what "Like for Like" means? You are not yet a man, son. Never come here to me and call yourself such. Even though I am a God to you, you are still not close enough at 26 years old to qualify to be labelled "man", wait till you are 40 years old and we will reassess.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 1:21am On Feb 05, 2010
Sagamite:

"Man" that thinks, this is where the thinking of a "man" is going to be questioned. Have you given Amodu the type of players Scolari had to win the WC or be a "finalist" of EC? Did you give him Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Juninho, Rivaldo, Lucio, Kaka, Dida all in one team?

In your "thinking man's" world do you compare the performance of a man you give Ferrari with one you give a Volkswagen Beetle? I would assume a "man" that knows "squirt" would know what "Like for Like" means? You are not yet a man, son. Never come here to me and call yourself such. Even though I am a God to you, you are still not close enough at 26 years old to qualify to be labelled "man", wait till you are 40 years old and we will reassess.

what players was Prof Otto Rehaggel given that made him win Euro 2000 with Greece ? undecided
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 2:11am On Feb 05, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

what players was Prof Otto Rehaggel given that made him win Euro 2000 with Greece ?  undecided

That is the type of examples the boy that knows "squirt" should be putting forward, but his logic fails him.

That said, even Rehhagel has failed several times after that. And lest we forget, Greece played defensive football to achieve that, not the exciting football we demand. They played more like Ghana in the last ANC.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by deb(m): 2:44pm On Feb 05, 2010
At the end of today we will all know NFF's decision on Amodu.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2010
Sagamite:

That is the type of examples the boy that knows "squirt" should be putting forward, but his logic fails him.

That said, even Rehhagel has failed several times after that. And lest we forget, Greece played defensive football to achieve that, not the exciting football we demand. They played more like Ghana in the last ANC.
How do you think naija was rated 5 best in the world in 94? did we have the best players? were our boys playing in plush teams in Europe? It was all about team work, cohesion, quality of play. Nigeria was the second most entertaining team at the 94 WC 2nd only to Brazil. If Amodu can't outclass Benin or Zambia, who is the mumu that would consider him for the Brazil job? Mourinho did a good job at Uniao de leiria, and Porto hired him. the rest is now history. Scolari did a splendid job at Corinthians, so he was taken to the WC. Queiroz has shown he's a dependable assistant to Fergie, so portugal hired him. Which one has Amodu ever done in recent history? Qualifying by luck against Tunisia, Mozambique and Kenya? Or losing to an U-21 ghana side? This your head really no correct. Even after you confirmed he lacks the technical know how you are still backing him up.  shocked shocked shocked wink
Even if he can't win,at least he shoulda dazzled us with some breath taking displays and tactical changes. Not by shouting 'Osaze' for 90 mins. Ehen, his new record of not losing is now 20 mins abi? grin grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 4:39pm On Feb 05, 2010
snakova:

How do you think naija was rated 5 best in the world in 94? did we have the best players? were our boys playing in plush teams in Europe? It was all about team work, cohesion, quality of play. Nigeria was the second most entertaining team at the 94 WC 2nd only to Brazil. If Amodu can't outclass Benin or Zambia, who is the mumu that would consider him for the Brazil job? Mourinho did a good job at Uniao de leiria, and Porto hired him. the rest is now history. Scolari did a splendid job at Corinthians, so he was taken to the WC. Queiroz has shown he's a dependable assistant to Fergie, so portugal hired him. Which one has Amodu ever done in recent history? Qualifying by luck against Tunisia, Mozambique and Kenya? Or losing to an U-21 ghana side? This your head really no correct. Even after you confirmed he lacks the technical know how you are still backing him up.  shocked shocked shocked wink
Even if he can't win,at least he shoulda dazzled us with some breath taking displays and tactical changes. Not by shouting 'Osaze' for 90 mins. Ehen, his new record of not losing is now 20 mins abi? grin grin grin

This guy you are really thick. You are very very thick.

I keep on thinking that you are daft and the last statement should be the most recent one I make to you, but your subconcious teasing with your idiocy through goofs keeps on making me tempted to reply.

Dumbo, so if you are going to use FIFA rating as your "fine point", Amodu must be fantastic as he has taken us to 15th in the World from 34th. Can you see how dumb you are? Can you see how that dumbness is exposed everytime you go above 3 sentences?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 5:15pm On Feb 05, 2010
When you have a fool,that dont know he's a fool, thats really a lost cause. You pick one coral from a whole reef and build castles around it. You deliberately missed the 'second most entertaining team' part. Being in the top ten is diff from being in the top 15. Nooij got sacked even though he moved Mozambique up about 30 places. You are a real nut case who cant just take it when its so obvious you miscaculated when you put up the horrendous mistake that is this post. You need to see a shrink my man, cos you are losing it. I hear there are many in Newcastle. wink
Don't worry all your nerves would calm down soon, latest by 9pm.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2010
snakova:

When you have a fool,that dont know he's a fool, thats really a lost cause. You pick one coral from a whole reef and build castles around it. You deliberately missed the 'second most entertaining team' part. Being in the top ten is diff from being in the top 15. Nooij got sacked even though he moved Mozambique up about 30 places. You are a real nut case who cant just take it when its so obvious you miscaculated when you put up the horrendous mistake that is this post. You need to see a shrink my man, cos you are losing it. I hear there are many in Newcastle. wink
Don't worry all your nerves would calm down soon, latest by 9pm.

Dimwit, I will not have anything to pick on if you just try and engage your brain. At 26, you are still this silly not to be able to review your arguments when you know you would be ridiculed. Are you not a lost cause?

Daft!

Do you now realise the FIFA tables counts for little? And moooron Newcastle is not in or part of London.  grin grin grin

The kinda foool that would be telling people he lives in Aberdeen, West London.  grin grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 5:40pm On Feb 05, 2010
you didn't get it. thats how dimwitted you are. Newcastle, mad cow. araoko grin grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 5:54pm On Feb 05, 2010
snakova:

you didn't get it. thats how dimwitted you are. Newcastle, mad cow. araoko grin grin grin

No, I don't get your daft point.

(1) I don't stay anywhere near Newcastle. And (2) mad cow was across the UK, not restricted to Newcastle. 26 year old? *shakes head*
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2010
This guy you are sooooo stupiiiid. I am sorry but i just had to say it. kpele. they are all animal related diseases. mojojojo is certainly smarter than you. angry
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 6:15pm On Feb 05, 2010
snakova:

This guy you are sooooo stupiiiid. I am sorry but i just had to say it. kpele. they are all animal related diseases. mojojojo is certainly smarter than you. angry

Newcastle is animal related disease? grin

Aberdeen in London. grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by rasputinn(m): 7:34pm On Feb 05, 2010
Looks in,shakes head and zooms off
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by princekevo(m): 7:54pm On Feb 05, 2010
Just checking up what the NFF decision was today.
Has Amodu been Sacked? That is all i wanna know.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 12:00am On Feb 06, 2010
princekevo:

Just checking up what the NFF decision was today.
Has Amodu been Sacked? That is all i wanna know.

He has already nailed himself with the Zambia game.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by ayusco: 3:16pm On Feb 07, 2010
this is the last time i will comment on the amodu issue for all the mans short comings and faults the way he has been dumped is sooo unfair i mean c'mon i'm not a fan of his but this guy qualified u twice for the WC achieved the AFCON mandate he was given(semis) all this with abuse on top, haba nigerians well i'm a patriot and will support and wish SE all the best @ the WC, i await to see the magic this foreighner will do and hope karma forgets about us this summer
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by montelik(m): 8:11pm On Feb 07, 2010
But on a more serious note, we have a problem with ungratefulness and bad decision making. We fired Philippe Troussier after he qualified us for the world cup in 98 and had a stellar record with the national team. Why? Because he was playing a different formation (often 3-5-2) to the one traditionally used by the super eagles. It didn't matter that he was getting results and performing very well. Our arm chair critics and coaches (who all know more than the coach) constantly attacked him and labeled him arrogant for sticking to his methods. Then after Jo Bonfere almost messed up our qualification for the world cup in 2002 and then walked out on us, Amodu came on and won the ticket when nobody thought it was possible. But after a not too great nation cup outing, he was promptly fired and the team that won us qualification disbanded. Some of our older more trusted servants (e.g Sunday Oliseh, Finidi George e.t.c) were unceremoniously dumped after years of service. All in the name of Onigbinde building a new team of young and home-based players. We all saw the wonderful results of that. Now we have unceremoniously dumped Amodu again after qualifying for the world cup in SA. It doesn't matter that he met his targets, he must go, he isn't good enough, he is arrogant, he is not tactically sound. We are going to world cup again to build another team of youngsters and home-based super eagles. Sounds exactly like the fruitless exercise we tried in Japan/Korea 2002. When will we learn. Some of us are just down right wicked, ungrateful and unreasonable.
sad
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 11:43pm On Feb 07, 2010
some of u guys really need to see ur shrinks . . .

whoever told u that Onigbinde is a bad coach is a f.ool . . .infact a retard !!!

the fact that he wasnt able to do much doesnt mean Baba wasnt up to the task . . .one thing we will all must admire was the fact that he threw the camp open, got some fresh legs and tried what he could with the players he discovered but unfortunately he failed cos the World Cup is a different ball game, the boys he took to the mundial could have won the Nations cup but they were not ready for the Mundial, coupled with the fact that the FA then was useless !!!

Yemi TELLA is a good example of a coach that came into the limelihght late but was a trainer and mentor to a lot of coaches, he was successful cos the boys were hungry . . .how many hungry boys did Amodu take to Angola

NFF unusually gave him a 1/4 target but then as a good coach u should target the trophy, Amodu doesnt belong to that school of thought so even if his child that used to come 1st in class now drops form, he will be so happy if that child now falls within the top 25% of the class . . .how pathetic undecided

Amodu's team didnt play good footie . . .they won bronze when they could have won GOLD . . .rubbish !!!

I wonder why some people are pitying Amodu when the person concerned himself understands the job ? AS A COACH, IF UR TEAM FUMBLES U MIGHT LOSE UR JOB !!!
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 11:56pm On Feb 07, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

some of u guys really need to see your shrinks . . .

whoever told u that Onigbinde is a bad coach is a f.ool . . .infact a retard !!!

the fact that he wasnt able to do much doesnt mean Baba wasnt up to the task . . .one thing we will all must admire was the fact that he threw the camp open, got some fresh legs and tried what he could with the players he discovered but unfortunately he failed cos the World Cup is a different ball game, the boys he took to the mundial could have won the Nations cup but they were not ready for the Mundial, coupled with the fact that the FA then was useless !!!

Yemi TELLA is a good example of a coach that came into the limelihght late but was a trainer and mentor to a lot of coaches, he was successful cos the boys were hungry  . . .how many hungry boys did Amodu take to Angola

NFF unusually gave him a 1/4 target but then as a good coach u should target the trophy, Amodu doesnt belong to that school of thought so even if his child that used to come 1st in class now drops form, he will be so happy if that child now falls within the top 25% of the class . . .how pathetic  undecided 

Amodu's team didnt play good footie . . .they won bronze when they could have won GOLD . . .rubbish !!!

I wonder why some people are pitying Amodu when the person concerned himself understands the job ? AS A COACH, IF your TEAM FUMBLES U MIGHT LOSE your JOB !!!
Coming from a F.O.O.L who thinks Yakubu is the best thing in the Super Eagles. . . .Why am I not surprised? Try see a shrink, so gbo? E never too late for you. . . . . Baba ko, Omode ni. . . . .that Foolish opportunistic b@st@rd wey dey chop for where he no work. . . Little wonder guilty conscience dey worry am till today and he's now one of Amodu's biggest supporter.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 1:42am On Feb 08, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Coming from a F.O.O.L who thinks Yakubu is the best thing in the Super Eagles. . . .Why am I not surprised? Try see a shrink, so gbo? E never too late for you. . . . . Baba ko, Omode ni. . . . .that Foolish opportunistic b@st@rd wey dey chop for where he no work. . . Little wonder guilty conscience dey worry am till today and he's now one of Amodu's biggest supporter.

how old are u pls ?

ur age will determine what response I should give ur puerile post ?

ok . .let me make it better . . .which competition did u in ur sporting life watch 1st ? undecided
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 2:44am On Feb 08, 2010
Irrelevant trash. . . .the day you remove the wool from your eyes and see Yakubu for what he really is, I'll give you the respect you crave. . . . .Nonsense!
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 2:57am On Feb 08, 2010
@Semiu

Onigbinde did not succeed in his quest but he did something unique; HE CHOSE HIS OWN TEAM !!!

as per the issue of Yakubu, I am not a fan of his but his pedigree speaks for him, he has scored more goals than Kanu, than Osaze, than Martins, than Agali, than Owubokiri, than Jatau, than Ikpeba, than Akwuegbu, than Eneramo, than ETIM ESIN or JJ OKOCHA . . .so I DONT KNOW WHAT U R TALKING ABOUT ?

how can u keep ur highest scorer out of ur squad ? HE HAD A BAD GAME BUT EVEN KANU NEVER SCORED A NATIONS CUP GOAL, HOW PATHETIC ?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 5:40am On Feb 08, 2010
@Kitaun

Please add me to one of those re.tards.

Onigbinde had an open camp? And chose his team?

So how come Oliseh, Finidi etc were not welcome to those camps and we carried junk to WC? How open was the camp then? All because they demanded their entitlements.

We had to result to junks like Christopher Justice, Opabunmi, Ogbechi etc to go and play WC.

No, Onigbinde was number one Yesman, there was no independence in his decisions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Francisca Ordega Foundation Donates Items To Widows For Christmas. / Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia / I’m Still Open To Super Eagles Call Up – Obafemi Martins Tells Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.