Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,743 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:29 AM

My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach (14248 Views)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagaman: 7:52am On Jan 29, 2010
Eastbay:

"
Mediocres like you and Sagamite will accept people like Amodu who were not qualified in the first place and marry a wife out of pity.
Why is he coach of the Super Eagles in the first place?Did you not forsee this debacle from the day he was appointed?
And what bloody target are you talking about?Semi-final in the nations cup agaisnt a severely weakened Ghana that came to defendwith only one recogniseable striker?So crossing that hurdle to the final is now too much for monsieur Amodu?
Results?Against Mozambique,Kenya,Tunisia who go to the World cup and do NOTHING?,Equatoreal Guinea,Sierra Leaone?even South Africa?
Listen to yourself.The two teams that have footballing pedigree in Africa that we faced,we were beaten.Doesn't that tell you something?
Listen,we will call for his removal since he was not qualified enough to be there in the first place.He is not FIT to lead our national team.Period.

Mooooron, you are calling me mediocre? LWKMD

Even Katsumoto would be the first to tell you that your intelligence is below my feets. Dimwit. grin grin grin grin grin

I have been reading diligently, waiting for the fooolI pity the foool that would have the guts to mention my name so I can focus my shredding. You seem the most likely candidate as mooorons like McCrackles no their intellectual limits and would take to their heels ASAP. Don't want to use a secondary account for my postings, so I would await the restoration of the privileges under Sagamite.

I repeat: Your intelligence is too low when you come my way and I will take the most delightful pleasure in slicing you into shreds. Katsumoto would confirm that as the most likely outcome. wink
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by FBS: 8:13am On Jan 29, 2010
Uche2nna:

U have displayed displeasure on his
1) Formation
2) Tactics
3)Player selection.

Biko , what else do U need before u realize that he is not the Man.
GBAM!!! Same 3 questions I asked him. . .no answers as yet.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 29, 2010
Sagaman,
Yes I called your name.Even though you're now hiding.Pissant of a coward.
Come and defend yourself and your silly posit.Intelligence my foot.
This is not a forum to display and shout about your imagined intelligence,because the situation on ground betrays whatever shred of intelligence\credibility you pretend to display.
You're still a mediocre,for supporting a mediocre coach.Whether or not you like it.I never claimed to be smart like the vain fool that you are.But I'm intelligent enough to know that Amodu does not have what it takes to lead our national team,regardless of what your lousy a$$ says.How come you're still not defending Amodu?You don't even have the balls to post under your original name,let alone defend this piece of sh$t called Amodu.Instead it's attacking people's personality.A hallmark of a shallow,hollow idiot who poses as an intellectual.
Silly jackdaw
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by jaybee3(m): 8:42am On Jan 30, 2010
it's only footie at the end of da day.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 30, 2010
jay bee:

it's only footie at the end of da day.
When an arrogant pile of cow dung like Sagamite/Sagaman insists that his opinion is better and more valid than others,especially when it's obvious he is wrong,it will get out of hand.
The stupid jacka$$ is typical of what is wrong in this country:supporting mediocrity.He thinks he is more intelligent than everyone else when his logic cannot attract flies if it were stuck in horse sh%t all day.I'm still waiting for that cancerous-testicled oaf to "slice me to shreds"as he claims he will do.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 30, 2010
Sagaman:

Mooooron1, you are calling me mediocre? LWKMD
Even Katsumoto would be the first to tell you that your intelligence is below my[b] feets[/b]2. Dimwit. grin grin grin grin grin
I have been reading diligently, waiting for the fooolI pity the foool that would have the guts to mention my name so I can focus my shredding. You seem the most likely candidate as mooorons1 like McCrackles no3know their intellectual limits and would take to their heels ASAP. Don't want to use a secondary account for my postings, so I would await the restoration of the privileges under Sagamite.
I repeat: Your intelligence is too low when you come my way and I will take the most delightful pleasure in slicing you into shreds. Katsumoto would confirm that as the most likely outcome. wink
Correction
1. slowpoke.Poor spelling
2. Feet. Not a plural word
3.Know.Poor Spelling.

And you're supposed to be an intellectual,even after all these elementary blunders.You might be the brightest from your clan,but don't bring this village championship (or is it idiocy) mentality  over here.How you filled your immigration form by yourself is amazing.
Moreover,when people stop responding to you,it's more of a sign that they have better things to do  than waste time with an empty,hollow and shallow retard as with an over-bloated idea of himself such as you.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 9:49am On Jan 30, 2010
Eastbay:

Correction
3.Know.Poor Spelling.

And you're supposed to be an intellectual,even after all these elementary blunders.You might be the brightest from your clan,but don't bring this village championship (or is it idiocy) mentality  over here.How you filled your immigration form by yourself is amazing.
Moreover,when people stop responding to you,it's more of a sign that they have better things to do  than waste time with an empty,hollow and shallow retard as with an over-bloated idea of himself such as you.
Eastbay, haba! Cool down nah. We're all Nigerians and we all want the best for Nigerian footie at the end of the day. Coolu temper, u hear? grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by FBS: 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2010
@Eastbay, my person, abeg chilax. No vex biko. Don't get too personal.
I know emotions are running high but I beg of you, let is slide. For my sake abeg. grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by ayusco: 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2010
The Nation’s cup has almost ended and the SE performance has drawn diverse reactions some mostly right others way off the mark. My aim with this write-up is to examine the performance thus far and look at the short to long term solutions to our teams current state in world footie. All this with as much calm, objectivity and fairness on my part.

Here goes!

First before going to assess and analyse the different components that make up the SE I would like to briefly dwell on our semi-final loss to Ghana. Honestly the loss to the BS hurts especially when you see that they are made up of fringe players and u-21s but aside the emotions we have to be fair. We dominated that game from start to finish if martins had converted his chances(especially the clear one in the 1st half) we would probably not be having this conversation. Like osaze said we probably used up our luck in the previous rounds matches we should ordinarily have won lol…but jokes apart I think we can still draw positives from yesterdays loss ball possesion was near perfect, chances were created (but missed!) few mistakes(no one mistake) made that proved costly sadly. In all our situation is not all gloom & doom

Like I said earlier I intend doing a comprehensive analysis of the components that make up the SE and in my humble opinion proffer solutions to our current predicarment. I will look @ four components and these are Players, Technical crew, Administration(Nff, Ptf), Media and last but not least us the Fans.

Players

Lets be brutally honest with ourselves we DON’T have the same quality players we had in that golden generation of the 90s. Individual talents like okocha, oliseh, finidi et al, who awed and inspired us from victory to victory are for now non-existent in the SE. At best we have above-average to good players with potentials yes but not great. That said with better selection and coaching we can mold a team that as a whole will play as a unit to cover for our individual short comings(alla Egypt). This I feel will guarantee us more success than presently being enjoyed until we discover more talented players. Moving forward for the WC I think we should say good-bye to certain players. Nwaneri(too error prone), kanu(he is a great guy and WAS a great player but age/fitness is not on his side), yusuf mohammed(full of ethusiasism but no football brain), yakubu(unless he improves massively b4 start of WC), etuhu & olofinjana(too many DMs need to free space for creative type players) and maybe nsofor if ike uche is fit and we find another better striker. Players who should get a looking include rabiu ibrahim, lukman haruna(if attitude has improved), obodo(if fit and playing well), a few of the u-17s who did well in the last tourney(especially the midfielders) and lastly home-based players especially in areas we are currently deficient e.g wingers, creative midfield etc. in all let there be fierce competition for places.

p.s. will draw up my list of players we should take to WC and post on designated thread

Technical crew

I think amodu has done his best but unfortunately is not good enough. Technjcally he’s still lacking while his player selection has gone from puzzling to hit and miss. His rigidity in tactics and choice of players has(been) costing us dear. His snubbing of the home based players is for me his major draw back to coaching SE cos its obvious your home league provides a pool of players who are raw, hungry to excel and amiable to being molded into the kind of players one wants but alas shaibu doesn’t see it that way at best that is a lazy way to coach afterall this same league wey amodu no like no be westerhof take discover finidi, amokachi ben iroha? Ordinarily I would say sack amodu but that would be unfair to someone who for better for worse qualified us two times for the WC. I know you will say I’m being sentimental but I believe in karma and that God won’t forgive us if we take that route again cos two wrongs don’t make a right. The option open to us I feel is to draft siasia or eguavon preferably siasia to the coaching crew to help amodu out since he(siasia) coached 40% of our players and can bring out the best in them. For now no foreign coach but depending on how the WC goes if we still need a foreigner to coach us then he must be good and ready to work in our conditions but this after the WC. Lastly I also employ the technical crew to formulate a playing style/philosophy or system that maximises our effectiveness thereby picking players who fit the system and not the other way round(again look @ Egypt). Under the 2005 u20 and Olympic teams of siasia I saw a glimpse of this so it can be done.

Administration(NFF)

Normally the best thing would be to remove those in the glass house and vote in serious minded technocrats and people who seek the advancement of Nigerian football but that would be naïve considering how politicised the nff has become and their lust for money. Such people will continue to block or sabotage the entry of those with true intentions into the glass house. So my opinion is to let them know that its also in their(selfish) interest that the national teams especially SE does well. We should also continue to pressure nff to discharge their administrative functions professionally leaving the coaching crew to work without interference in this vein its important that nff appoint the right coaches(please read previous sub heading) to ensure trust in the capabilities of the coach hence avoiding undue interference. The ptf as an ad-hoc committee for generating funds is cool but they should have no say whatsoever in roles of the nff and coaching crew. This body(ptf) should be disbanded after the WC.

Media

The media as gate keepers of the society have a responsibility to ensure truthful and useful information is being fed to the public. In particular sports especially the SE issue has generated so much attention from the media good or bad. The media has a duty to us SE supporters not to misinform us but provide honest truths concerning the state of our football and proffer pragmatic solutions not untrue, illogical, condescending rants or write-ups. For instance the recent story about nff and ptf quarrelling about payment of players bonuses is alarmist at best. Nff and ptf have been fulfilling their promises to the players up till now yet the said story was as if there is a conspiracy to cheat them. Lastly to the media a lot of people(NOT ME) see you as authorities in Nigerian football matters atleast try to speak, write and act like one.

Fans

Finally us long suffering fans I think we were a bit spoiled by the performances of the golden 90s set of SE and have used them as yardsticks for the current SE. as supporters its right for us to demand a certain level of performance from the SE but we should have at the back of our minds that though this set of SE though talented are not of the same quality and require far more understanding and support on our part. Also I want to appeal to us to tone down our negative remarks against SE especially the ‘super chicken’ moniker yes they play badly lots of times but so do other countries. CIV with all their stars lost to common Algeria do their fans call them giant puppies? What of Cameroon that is egypts regular booty call are they called cubs by their fans? Yes the pain of defeat brings about emotional outburst but after the dust has settled lets still have their back after all though family members dissapoint us sometimes do we disown them? SE is a brand that represents all of us Nigerians whether you like it or not so disparaging them is like disparaging yourselves and by all means critisize but let it be constructive. Lastly to all those career pessimists who see nothing positive in the SE who derive pleasure in seeing them lose you are entitled to feel that way but I find it funny you guys support foreign clubs who havn’t won jack robinson for years and are prepared to be long suffering with them even though such clubs don’t owe them nada. Remember when the SE do well it rubs off on all of us as well. Let that be a food for thought for us all.

In conclusion the SE performance in the last decade has been the story of unfulfilled potential, ill-luck and lack of professionalism on the part of nff and SE players that said considering the low quality of players we’ve had in recent years bar kanu & okocha compared to the quality of countries like Ghana, Cameroon, Egypt and CIV we have competed favourably with that little margin of error costing us failure in major championships. No doubt we are still a work in progress but it will take calm, matured decisive action to get the SE to the point we all desire
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 8:18pm On Jan 30, 2010
Aaaah, reminds me of Mariama Ba's so long a letter, lol. Very long post but I read it from A to Z. Ayusco welldone! Na this kain intelligent well written posts and analysis I dey like read. . . . no be all those losers wey dey post rubbish and couldn't even sound intelligent to save their lives. . . . . Besides you didn't just criticize like most peeps, u actually proffered solutions. . . .way to go!

Your post is very much in line with what I posted some days back. . . . . .I love your take on the technical crew. . .  . what we need is a Siasia to help Amodu. . . . you know something like the coaching partnership of Tommy Söderberg & Lars Lagerbäck that Sweden adopted some years back. . . . both coaches should be on the same level. . . no seniority. . . . , If  Amodu is not receptive to the idea, he should be kicked aside and Siasia should be given the full reigns of the team. . . . . . . me thinks getting a foreign coach between now and the world cup will be suicidal.

On players, I agree with most of what you posted except on the dropping of Nsofor (are you mad? undecided angry ,that guy suppose go world cup whether Ike Uche is fit or not), maybe Dickson Etuhu, and the invitation of Christian Obodo (He has never been good IMO). Please draw up a list of your 23 players to take to the World cup and post it on that thread. . . .I'm dying to see your list. I'll also be making one or two changes to my own list as I now realise the non-inclusion of Danny Shittu is a SIN. He was our best defender at Ghana 2008 and he was our best defender in Angola 2010. . . . .That guy plays with passion and zeal, has a lion heart and he motivates the team too. . . . .I now understand why Siasia listed him as one of the overage players he wanted to take to Beijing 2008. Enough said. ,  . I don't want to sound like a broken record so make I just SMS for here.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 31, 2010
@FBS,semid,
I'm sorry about my outbursts.will be man enough to listen to you and pull back.
My only thought is the fact that some people assume the intellectual high ground without earning our respect and regard.It does not sit well with me.Anybody who wants to get anywhere should EARN it.The same goes for Amodu who has NOT earned the position of Super Eagles chief coach,judging from his CAN exploits.But back to some nitwit.
When people shoot down other people's arguments for the simple fact that they feel and claim to be superior ,it would never sit down well with other people.Unlike most,I'm not afraid to go head-long at any challenge and I will stake my neck for what I firmly believe.The shallow idiot thinks he's the best damned thing to ever appear on the sports section of NL just because he wrote a stupid desertation at the start of this thread.A post that Amodu himself tore to shreds all the way in Angola.If the idiot had any sense of decency/credibility,he would have distanced himself from such a lousy and half-assed position when it became so obvious.
The idiot,just because hé's living (or rather squatting) in London thinks he is smarter than anyone else,and he had the temerity to call me out.Listen,there's nothing special about living in London anymore.Nigerians visit the place like they visit the place where people take a dump.
The bottom line is:people should learn to respect others:and by that I mean their views,backgrounds,beliefs and whatever else.If that garage tout cannot do so,he shouldn't be here to force his stupid views on any of us,especially as this time it has proved to be a huge dud.
Once more,I'm sorry.As per mod,abeg nor ban me oh!
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 31, 2010
@ayusco,
I read your post:Well constructed and articulated,and I think I agree to some extent about the way forward.
Yes I agree,we don't have that golden generation of players.But footie history is replete with coaches who use the available talents at hand to get results.Example in point:Otto Rehagel and Greece in Euro 2004.
The boys in the current squad are largely decent enough to don national colours(not all of them :Yusuf Mohammed,Obinna Nwanneri,Etuhu have no business in the Eagles squad,Kanu,Yobo,Aiyegbeni cannot give us anymore than they have already given to us in the past).Talent wise,I dare say they are above the Greece 2004 side that won the European Championship.
So why does Amodu keep fielding the same absurd formation (2-3 DMs in a starting 11) and expect to get different results?Osaze said it bluntly when he said the Eagles ran out of luck against Ghana,because Amodu's strategy (or whatever he might call it) could only take them so far.
Why does Amodu believe the local league has no talent for the Super Eagles?Because he's so lazy to do any reasonable scouting,like Westerhof did initially whn he was bulding his squad.Instead of looking through the local league to see if there are talents in the local league,Amokachi,a supposed assistant coach to Amodu is on supersports studios,analysing La Liga,Serie A and EPL matches every saturday with his fake accent.Quite frankly,I really don't see what the fuss is about droping Amodu now,because they've done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING so far that will convince us that he deserves to go to the World Cup.
You mentioned the fact that it was unfair to sack him twice in a row especially in the lead-up to the world cup.My response to that is that Amodu should NOT have been appointed in the first place.At the time of the selection of SE Coach,was he the best,or rather was he any better than either Eguavoen or Siasia?
I think we're going sentimental about this Amodu thing.Unless he has a no-sack clause in his current contract,I don't see any reason why he should not be fired on the spot.Because it's unfair to Nigerians to have asuch a block-head as our national team coach.
At least you were not sappy enough to bring up the issue of results.Because that is the most annoying point pro-Amodu fans are throwing up in people's faces.Beating minnows like Equatoreal guinea,Sierra Leaone,Kenya,Mozambique is no mean feat as far as I'm concerned because we are not in the same footballing class with those nations.We played Ghana and Egyp,but lost to them.does that not tell you something?
My take on theTechnical crew side is this:Mikel,Adeleye,Taiye Taiwo,Apam,Kaita,Nsofor,Odemwingie,Ogbuke have all worked with Siasia and he knows how t obring out the best in those players.apparently,the direction of the Super Eagles is flowing in the direction of the above-listed players and I do not see anything wrong in building a team around this set of players,especially when they have a near-telepathic understanding with Siasia.
Bringing a conglomeration of coaches is unlikely to work,given the fact that the general mentality of the Nigerian coach has a lot to d owith Pull-him Down syndrome.For that reason,I would think Siasia is best suited for the job at this point in time.I will not go for some foreign coach who we've never heard about,especially some of the mediocre ones on display in Angola.If we have to go for a foreign coach,it has to be someeone with a track record,but knowing our NFF,it's unlikely to happen given the misadventures of the past since Westerhof left.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by ayusco: 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2010
@eastbay thanks for your comments agree with u 100% that amodu should never have been hired guy believe me if sacking amodu would be the solution i would be 1st to advocate such a move but i just have a gut feeling we might regret that action(remember japan/korea) so lets just agree to disagree on that point. like semid said a joint coaching crew btw siasia and amodu might be the answer if both men decide to set aside their egos(especially amodu) but if one them rocks the boat(likely shaibu) then he should be dropped for the other to fully take charge.

@semid thank u too for the comments. about nsofor i no mad ooooo lol dude was just annoying me with his overall play and k-leg shooting but as u can see i'v added him to my WC squad list. hope i'm off the hook smiley

kanu is one wily old cat. trying to deceive us with yesterdays performance grin have to admit i'm one of the (slightly) deceived papilo still got some game so i'll still give him benefit of the doubt if we can't find another creative outlet
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Princek12(m): 2:53pm On Jan 31, 2010
First of all, where is that arrogant coward called Sagamite? Siasia and Amodu will not be a good fit. Siasia is an ex-player who has coached overseas and is very formulaic and technical; in other words, he is smart and intelligent. Amodu is an egocentric local villager who has never played professional football, has not coached overseas, and who selects players without any prudent justification; thus he is a dumb mugu. As a result, combining Siasia and Amodu will be a direct conflict of intelligence v a bonafide dumb, illiterate; a conflict of logic and reason v senselessness and nepotism; a conflict of being enlightened v lack of exposure; and the likes. The NFF should terminate Amodu  and appoint Siasia as head coach and retain Amokachi as the assistant coach. Shikenah.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 31, 2010
Princek12:

First of all, where is that arrogant coward called Sagamite?
The Mouth-Almighty,Crap Everlasting bullfrog is pretending to be banned.
Princek12:

Siasia and Amodu will not be a good fit.
As a result, combining Siasia and Amodu will be a direct conflict of intelligence v a bonafide dumb, illiterate; a conflict of logic and reason v senselessness and nepotism; a conflict of being enlightened v lack of exposure; and the likes.
Man,I never thought of it that way,but damn it,you're making sense to me.I agree 100%!
Princek12:

The NFF should terminate Amodu and appoint Siasia as head coach and retain Amokachi as the assistant coach. Shikenah.
Now I have to disagree with you on that one,bro.I think Amokachi should go:what kind of National team coach is always on Supersports analysing Serie A and EPL and La Liga with a terrible accent instead of recommending talent?The day we played Benin,Enyimba and Kano Pillars played an exciting game that was shown live on Supersports.And if Amodu says no player from the local league is fit for the national team after what we saw from that game,then he does not deserve to have breakfast this morning or any other morning from now on.Same goes for his fan club led by the coward in chief.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 4:04pm On Jan 31, 2010
Eastbay:

The boys in the current squad are largely decent  enough to don national colours(not all of them :Yusuf Mohammed,Obinna Nwanneri,Etuhu have no business in the Eagles squad,Kanu,Yobo,Aiyegbeni cannot give us anymore than they have already given to us in the past)
I agree with you 100%
Eastbay:

Why does Amodu believe the local league has no talent for the Super Eagles?Because he's so lazy to do any reasonable scouting,like Westerhof did initially whn he was bulding his squad.Instead of looking through the local league to see if there are talents in the local league,Amokachi,a supposed assistant coach to Amodu is on supersports studios,analysing La Liga,Serie A and EPL matches every saturday with his fake accent[/b]
His disrespect/disdain for the domestic league and home-based players is my biggest GROUSE and BEEF with Amodu. Funny thing is he doesn't need to do much scouting like Westerhof did cos the domestic league is now on TV. Apart from that our league teams play and do well in CAF Champions league and the Confederation Cups. . . so it's just plain SILLY on his part to diss the domestic league and the home-based players. . . . . The NFF Technical committee took him to task when the list of invited players to camp for AFCON 2010 was released and urged him to invite at least 5 Home-based players to Camp. . . . They even gave him a list of these 5 players that included Chibuzor Okonkwo, Ike ThankGod amongst others. . . . My point is if he says he wants 10 home-based players invited to Camp, the NFF technical commitee will be more than happy to give him that list. Even me sef, I fit mention 10 home-based players off hand that deserve to be invited to Camp for the world cup. . . . . Amodu cannot say players like Ike ThankGod-Heartland FC, Chibuzor Okonkwo-Bayelsa United, Nnaemeka Anyanwu- Enyimba FC, Solomon Okpako-Kano Pillars, Jonah Abutu-Dolphins FC, Valentine Nwabili-Enyimba FC, John Nnam-Rangers FC, Osas Idehen-Enyimba FC, Victor Brown-Heartland FC aren't good enough to don the green-white-green, haba! How I take sabi these players?. . . . By watching some matches of the league on TV off course. Seriously Amodu get mental problem. I WILL NEVER FORGIVE HIM FOR HIS SIN AGAINST THE DOMESTIC LEAGUE AND THE HOME-BASED PLAYERS. . . Anyway, I will never support the appointment of a foreign coach as long as we have Siasia. . . . .If the NFF sacks Amodu, Siasia should be given the job and should be given the free hand to appoint his own assistants (peeps he can work with). . . . I expect he'll bring Simone Kalinka with him. . . . Amokachi is just a ball boy to me. . . . he should also go. NFF can play politics/federal character with the other positions like Team commandant, media officer etc and appoint who ever they like. . . I don't care or give a damn!

@ Ayusco
Kanu just do small film trick yesterday. . . The pace of play of the S.E is already too slow as it is with people like Mikel. Besides I want some1 who has stamina, pace, endurance, can run & not jog, mark, hussle and close down space in the field,  . . . In the modern game, everybody na defender, midfielder and attacker. In short, I want a team of 11 battlers on the pitch. Kanu brings very little to the table IMO. . . .  He has more minuses than positives as far as I'm concerned.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 31, 2010
semid,
I won't claim to be an authority on the Local scene like you.But I do know one or two players who if inserted to the national team,will make a difference.
It is atrocious for any coach to say there is no talent available from the local scene.The Kano Pillars-Enyimba game I made refernce to (which I stumbled upon by mistake because I had no intention to watch it or know it was going on at the time)is a testament to Amodu's folly.
Any coach who does not introduce new blood into the national team set-up cannot claim to have done work.The national team coach is supposed to travel to local fixtures,just like what Capello does (he's right now in Italy recovering from knee surgery).He is also supposed to impart knowledge to local coaches and provide technical input into the country's national sides,from Age-grade to female.
Apparently,our clown Amodu hasn't done anything of such.
I never believed in Amokachi as a coach.I do not think his ego will allow him to work with a Siasia,given that they were team-mates and Amokachi was part of the "mafia"that kept Siasia largely on the sidelines during the super Eagles run in the early 90s.Even at that,I think he has nothing upstairs technically,and like you said,he's a ballboy.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Princek12(m): 5:26pm On Jan 31, 2010
semid4lyfe:

I agree with you 100%His disrespect/disdain for the domestic league and home-based players is my biggest GROUSE and BEEF with Amodu. Funny thing is he doesn't need to do much scouting like Westerhof did cos the domestic league is now on TV. Apart from that our league teams play and do well in CAF Champions league and the Confederation Cups. . . so it's just plain SILLY on his part to diss the domestic league and the home-based players. . . . . The NFF Technical committee took him to task when the list of invited players to camp for AFCON 2010 was released and urged him to invite at least 5 Home-based players to Camp. . . . They even gave him a list of these 5 players that included Chibuzor Okonkwo, Ike ThankGod amongst others. . . . My point is if he says he wants 10 home-based players invited to Camp, the NFF technical commitee will be more than happy to give him that list. Even me sef, I fit mention 10 home-based players off hand that deserve to be invited to Camp for the world cup. . . . . Amodu cannot say players like Ike ThankGod-Heartland FC, Chibuzor Okonkwo-Bayelsa United, Nnaemeka Anyanwu- Enyimba FC, Solomon Okpako-Kano Pillars, Jonah Abutu-Dolphins FC, Valentine Nwabili-Enyimba FC, John Nnam-Rangers FC, Osas Idehen-Enyimba FC, Victor Brown-Heartland FC aren't good enough to don the green-white-green, haba! How I take sabi these players?. . . . By watching some matches of the league on TV off course. Seriously Amodu get mental problem. I WILL NEVER FORGIVE HIM FOR HIS SIN AGAINST THE DOMESTIC LEAGUE AND THE HOME-BASED PLAYERS. . . Anyway, I will never support the appointment of a foreign coach as long as we have Siasia. . . . .If the NFF sacks Amodu, Siasia should be given the job and should be given the free hand to appoint his own assistants (peeps he can work with). . . . I expect he'll bring Simone Kalinka with him. . . . Amokachi is just a ball boy to me. . . . he should also go. NFF can play politics/federal character with the other positions like Team commandant, media officer etc and appoint who ever they like. . . I don't care or give a damn!

@ Ayusco
Kanu just do small trick yesterday. . . The pace of the play of the S.E is already too slow as it is with people like Mikel. Besides I want some1 who has stamina, pace, endurance, can run & not jog, mark, hussle and close down space in the field, . . . In the modern game, everybody na defender, midfielder and attacker. In short, I want a team of 11 battlers on the pitch. Kanu brings very little to the table IMO. . . . He has more minuses than positives as far as I'm concerned.

You too much. I agree. It would be nice to have 11 battlers on the field, just like the 11 battlers who played for Nigeria in the recent U-17 World Cup. Those guys ran, tackled, and chased the ball for 90 minutes. They were extremely fit, which contributed to their success even though they were eventual losers to the Swiss. And they could have won that game any day.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 9:23pm On Feb 02, 2010
Guys, lets not lose focus on the task at hand i.e. a good showing at the WC. Amodu is actually not fit to take us to the mundial, but at least, for the sake of good heartedness he may be employed as chief coach, with one experienced oyibo as TA. he should be allocated a seat in the WC bus, cos it'l be harsh not go for the third time. Even though Sagamumu, Sagaman, or Sagnoramus has gone into hiding, maybe someone can help him change the heading of this thread to "my reasons why amodu should remain as chief spiritualist in SE camp" grin grin.
What we now need is not a 'hometown' Siasia (always playing his country men at the expense of quality - promise, ighalo, Ohawuchi et al), or a mediocre keshi (unable to achieve anything worth of note),but a Rijkaard styled personality who,even though we don't go beyond round 2, would give us free-flowing attacking football. wink
That Renard guy is too low profile, and its kinda late to be trying out.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 12:32am On Feb 03, 2010
Eastbay:

Sagaman,
Yes I called your name.Even though you're now hiding.Pissant of a coward.
Come and defend yourself and your silly posit.Intelligence my foot.
This is not a forum to display and shout about your imagined intelligence,because the situation on ground betrays whatever shred of intelligence\credibility you pretend to display.
You're still a mediocre,for supporting a mediocre coach.Whether or not you like it.I never claimed to be smart like the vain fool that you are.But I'm intelligent enough to know that Amodu does not have what it takes to lead our national team,regardless of what your lousy a$$ says.How come you're still not defending Amodu?You don't even have the balls to post under your original name,let alone defend this piece of sh$t called Amodu.Instead it's attacking people's personality.A hallmark of a shallow,hollow idiot who poses as an intellectual.
Silly jackdaw

Dimwit, hiding?

Hiding from who?

Lets replace intellect with dancing and singing. This is as silly as Alex O challenging Michael Jackson to a dancing and singing competition and lets say MJ does not show up, then Alex starts claiming MJ is afraid of his prowess. Is that not just plain stuupid?

I repeat: your intelligence is plain inferior. Thank God you admit you are not that smart.

Dimwit, you did not see me state that my posting privilege was taken?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 12:35am On Feb 03, 2010
Eastbay:

When an arrogant pile of cow dung like Sagamite/Sagaman insists that his opinion is better and more valid than others,especially when it's obvious he is wrong,it will get out of hand.
The silly jacka$$ is typical of what is wrong in this country:supporting mediocrity.He thinks he is more intelligent than everyone else when his logic cannot attract flies if it were stuck in horse sh%t all day.I'm still waiting for that cancerous-testicled oaf to "slice me to shreds"as he claims he will do.

What is wrong with the country is dimwits like you that cannot control a queue screaming your opinions on things you know nothing about and clearly have not researched instead of shutting up and following instructions.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 4:27am On Feb 03, 2010
The return of the man from Sagamu grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 7:06am On Feb 03, 2010
Aaah, Sagamite is back. . . . Interesting! Oya, Sagamite. . lets hear your take on the way forward.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by rasputinn(m): 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2010
A\modu is a waste pipe and Sagamite I suspect you don't wish our football well by suggesting Amodu be left to take us to the world cup
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by rasputinn(m): 1:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
Amodu should be sacked,your reasons don't hold water
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Kx: 1:46pm On Feb 03, 2010
The reason why Amodu should remain the SE coach is the same reason why;
1.Yaradua should remain the president.
2.fuel scarcity should remain
3.power supply should remain the way it is.

what then is the reason
-continuity.

even with poor result,we should stick with continuity.

Too bad
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2010
look, amodu doesnt need to go. this is what he needs to make a solid team for the world cup

1. Our team needs an overhaul but not all at once. it should be done small by small. (bring in home based, fast, young talented players) For all those star european players in clubs, none of them are playing in africa, only beckham WAS in america but he left again. then why are super eagles going to europe, asia. .etc. . . guys stay in AFRICA. you dont need to go to europe to play to show that you know how to play. After all egypt is no.1 in africa now and no.10 in the world. Where are most of their players?? think about that.

2. He needs a good assistant (with good reputation)

3. NO MORE CORRUTPTION,

4. EMPHASIS on point number 3!!!!

5. if worst comes to worst, let him go!
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 7:32pm On Feb 03, 2010
Princek12:

First of all, where is that arrogant coward called Sagamite? Siasia and Amodu will not be a good fit. Siasia is an ex-player who has coached overseas and is very formulaic and technical; in other words, he is smart and intelligent. Amodu is an egocentric local villager who has never played professional football, has not coached overseas, and who selects players without any prudent justification; thus he is a dumb mugu. As a result, combining Siasia and Amodu will be a direct conflict of intelligence v a bonafide dumb, illiterate; a conflict of logic and reason v senselessness and nepotism; a conflict of being enlightened v lack of exposure; and the likes. The NFF should terminate Amodu  and appoint Siasia as head coach and retain Amokachi as the assistant coach. Shikenah.

Coward to who?

To your dumb arse? What do you have to offer?

snakova:

Guys, lets not lose focus on the task at hand i.e. a good showing at the WC. Amodu is actually not fit to take us to the mundial, but at least, for the sake of good heartedness he may be employed as chief coach, with one experienced oyibo as TA. he should be allocated a seat in the WC bus, cos it'l be harsh not go for the third time. Even though Sagamumu, Sagaman, or Sagnoramus has gone into hiding, maybe someone can help him change the heading of this thread to "my reasons why amodu should remain as chief spiritualist in SE camp" grin grin.
What we now need is not a 'hometown' Siasia (always playing his country men at the expense of quality - promise, ighalo, Ohawuchi et al), or a mediocre keshi (unable to achieve anything worth of note),but a Rijkaard styled personality who,even though we don't go beyond round 2, would give us free-flowing attacking football. wink
That Renard guy is too low profile, and its kinda late to be trying out.

Another moooron. So Siasia is playing his "country men" when he is taking us to play in Olympic finals.

Typical, stuupid Nigerian tribalistic brain. Dumbo, I bet you would say it is because of your tribe you have not achieved much in life.

This is the same dumbo that thinks a coach is not good if he does not win a League at first attempt.

This is the same dumbo that is recommending a player that can not command first team shirt in a failing U-20.

This is the same dumbo that did not even know Kewell was in Liverpool in 2006.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by MrCrackles(m): 8:08pm On Feb 03, 2010
Eastbay:

Correction
3.Know.Poor Spelling.

LMFAO!!! grin grin grin

Sagaman:

Mooooron, you are calling me mediocre? LWKMD

Even Katsumoto would be the first to tell you that your intelligence is below my feets. Dimwit.  grin grin grin grin grin

I have been reading diligently, waiting for the fooolI pity the foool that would have the guts to mention my name so I can focus my shredding. You seem the most likely candidate as mooorons like McCrackles no their intellectual limits and would take to their heels ASAP. Don't want to use a secondary account for my postings, so I would await the restoration of the privileges under Sagamite.

I repeat: Your intelligence is too low when you come my way and I will take the most delightful pleasure in slicing you into shreds. Katsumoto would confirm that as the most likely outcome.  wink
Holy Molly. . . .Your gutter cun.t LovePeddler mouth has been ranting again. . . . cheesy
What intellectual limits are you talking about
Where your limit peaks at is where mine starts at, you dingbat
I have the guts to mention anyone, from fuc.k faced bellends to worthless jobsworths including you, pizza faced dumbo. . .
Old a/s/s supercoons like you need to shut the flying fuc.k up and stop bragging. . . .
Eat a di/ck you tosser
Do me a favour, get my name off your herpes infested mouth. . . .I dont bloody fear you and your entire clan
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2010
MrCrackles:

LMFAO!!! grin grin grin
Holy Molly. . . .Your gutter cun.t LovePeddler mouth has been ranting again. . . . cheesy
What intellectual limits are you talking about
Where your limit peaks at is where mine starts at, you dingbat
I have the guts to mention anyone, from fuc.k faced bellends to worthless jobsworths including you, pizza faced dumbo. . .
Old a/s/s supercoons like you need to shut the flying fuc.k up and stop bragging. . . .
Eat a manliness you tosser

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Dimwit, Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

You know I would embarass you. Ruuuuuuuuuuuun!

Your intellect is NOT in this league.  grin grin grin

19 thousand posts of senseless crap. You cannot even point to 5 intellectual post out of that.

And stop stealing Sauron's signature label, use your brain to create one. Oops, sorry, I forgot your brain is low and limited.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by MrCrackles(m): 8:18pm On Feb 03, 2010
^ ^ ^ Run from you Sagamite? NAH!!!!!!
Hell Nawwww. . . .I will run rings round you first. . . .
Feeling like Castro's cousin, but we know its all mouth. . .
Mouthy nob head. . . Your old a/s/s dont have any bar of self respect. . . .All you do all day long is yakk about some rusty shi/t like a bootlegger
Move over dawg, young intelligent dudes with spanking fresh breathe are breathing. . . .
You deadout animal carcass!!!
I dont wanna ruin this thread any further, but till i meet you somewhere else on the forum where you will be peaking at the tower of buffoonery as usual, so long you sloppy sucker. . . Clap you mofo skateboard!
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 8:34pm On Feb 03, 2010
MrCrackles:

^ ^ ^ Run from you Sagamite? NAH!!!!!!
Hell Nawwww. . . .I will run rings round you first. . . .
Feeling like Castro's cousin, but we know its all mouth. . .
Mouthy nob head. . . Your old a/s/s dont have any bar of self respect. . . .All you do all day long is yakk about some rusty shi/t like a bootlegger
Move over dawg, young intelligent dudes with spanking fresh breathe are breathing. . . .
You deadout animal carcass!!!
I dont wanna ruin this thread any further, but till i meet you somewhere else on the forum where you will be peaking at the tower of buffoonery as usual, so long you sloppy sucker. . . Clap you mofo skateboard!

Just run, dimwit.  grin

If you see me anywhere else on the forum, keep practicing your insurgent tactics as usual.  grin

Fair enough, that is how far your intellect can carry you next to mine. The difference in intellect is perfectly described by the difference in capability between shoddy Al-Qaeda and the might of the US armed forces, hence the resorting to insurgency by Al-Qaeda.

The day YOU EVER have the guts to stand up to me by putting forth your opinions, I will martyr you, bladclat!  grin cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Francisca Ordega Foundation Donates Items To Widows For Christmas. / Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Zambia / Cape Verde Vs Mozambique: AFCON 2023 (3 - 0) On 19th January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.