Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,395 members, 7,901,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:48 PM

My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach (14304 Views)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 5:54pm On Jan 18, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Ok, thanks for the videos. So Yaro-Yaro still dey play ball? shocked That guy suppose don reach 50 by now nah. Na real wa o!

yes o, u no go fear fear? grin, he has the ambition of playing for the U-17 one day grin grin grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 6:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
@ Honeric01
Ok, na you talk am. grin wink When you're less busy, please click HERE
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by naso2(m): 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2010
honeric01:

Lol, man, we shouldn't waste time on Mikel, he's not worth the wahala, he's not a progressive kinda player, maybe he should be converted to a defender because i just hate seeing him in that middle.

As for Nwaneri and Kanu, i thought Nwaneri has improved but he disappointed me and i just can't wait to see him off that team, we can get 22 strong teams from 4 of our top league clubs (Eyimba, Heartland, Warri wolves, Pillars and even Bayelsa) but then Amodu already closed that chapter.

As for Kanu, he should quit football, go into coaching (he has the potentials) he should go to a coaching course and stop wasting a space in our team.

Thanks for helping with the video, i used my e71 record the clip and kinda divided it into 2, i am going to post the other part now so you can watch the goals and how it all went. sorry for the unstable recording, i couldn't concentrate because i was not the only one watching and i didn't go near the TV.

Pillars really yeye Eyimba yesterday. By the way, is Oke Emordi the coach or Eguavoen?

I think there are many ways to approach a match thats why no matter how perfect a teams strategy is, an opposing time still find space atleast for some form of self expression in a match. I think we are not being fair on kanu here , yes even in his best days speed was a challenge for him , hence the drag in his legs these days. However we can look at the qualities he still has that can benefit the team. He still has the intelligence, good passing ability and reliable finishing prowess that can be exploited. It only depends on the coach and the tactical approach. Zidan did not do much running in the last WC but had younger players like Ribery that could give 120% in terms of energy and speed, in the end the team played well.

Sincerely I know the guy has some disciplinary lessons to learn , he however still needs a serious look in. I am talking of HARUNA LUKMAN( and may be Rabiu Ibrahim), younger players with enough energy and drive can come in and help add life to that midfield.

On Nwanneri who is a BACKMAN(not a defender), I think we should not discard him, there are matches when you simply need players like that at the back. When you player a cameroonian team where there attackers rely excessively on power and pace(little intelligence except ETOO), a player like Nwanneri will do a good job.

Guys make una free Mikel na. If a more mobile attacker like Obafemi replaces YAKUBU, I strongly believe that will enhance Mikel's game. Sometimes he keeps the ball to watch the movement of the attackers but instead of Yakubu to free himself, the guy go dey mark defender.

ANYHOW AMODU GET TO BOUNCE BEFORE WC.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2010
semid4lyfe:

@ Honeric01
Ok, na you talk am. grin wink When you're less busy, please click HERE

ok
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2010
na_so:

I think there are many ways to approach a match thats why no matter how perfect a teams strategy is, an opposing time still find space atleast for some form of self expression in a match. I think we are not being fair on kanu here , yes even in his best days speed was a challenge for him , hence the drag in his legs these days. However we can look at the qualities he still has that can benefit the team. He still has the intelligence, good passing ability and reliable finishing prowess that can be exploited. It only depends on the coach and the tactical approach. Zidan did not do much running in the last WC but had younger players like Ribery that could give 120% in terms of energy and speed, in the end the team played well.

Sincerely I know the guy has some disciplinary lessons to learn , he however still needs a serious look in. I am talking of HARUNA LUKMAN( and may be Rabiu Ibrahim), younger players with enough energy and drive can come in and help add life to that midfield.

On Nwanneri who is a BACKMAN(not a defender), I think we should not discard him, there are matches when you simply need players like that at the back. When you player a cameroonian team where there attackers rely excessively on power and pace(little intelligence except ETOO), a player like Nwanneri will do a good job.

Guys make una free Mikel na. If a more mobile attacker like Obafemi replaces YAKUBU, I strongly believe that will enhance Mikel's game. Sometimes he keeps the ball to watch the movement of the attackers but instead of Yakubu to free himself, the guy go dey mark defender.

Abeg, Kanu don finish, he needs to start parking, na before players dey respect am when he's on the field but now, dem go break him legs no matter how referee wan help am reach.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2010
honeric01:

Pillars really yeye Eyimba yesterday. By the way, is Oke Emordi the coach or Eguavoen?
Okey Emordi is the Technical Adviser/Head of coaching crew of the Enyimba.
na_so:

I think we are not being fair on kanu here , yes even in his best days speed was a challenge for him , hence the drag in his legs these days. However we can look at the qualities he still has that can benefit the team. He still has the intelligence, good passing ability and reliable finishing prowess that can be exploited. It only depends on the coach and the tactical approach. Zidan did not do much running in the last WC but had younger players like Ribery that could give 120% in terms of energy and speed, in the end the team played well.
Did u really watch Zidane at the last world cup, particularly against Brazil and Italy? Your comparison of zidane in that World cup to the Kanu of 2009/2010 is an insult on his person. Go bacK and watch France vs Italy and u'll see there were 2 or 3 attacks that Zidane initiated from midfield and He still ran into the box to finish. I agree Kanu is an intelligent player with good passing ability but I'll rather have a player who can can run, mark, close down space and players than someone who strolls on the pitch and is a liability. Kanu clearly lacks the stamina and falls too easily to the ground these days. It was this his lack of stamina and falling that was the root cause of the Tunisia's 2nd goal in Abuja. It was his lack of pace& stamina that was also the root cause of the Egypt's 3rd goal. You need to see Kanu up close to understand his body is tired and can no longer carry him. In the modern game. . . . everybody na defender, midfielder and attacker o. As it is, the pace of the team is already too slow and lackadaisical so I'll prefer some1 with more pace, stamina and power to a Kanu in the team.
na_so:

Sincerely I know the guy has some disciplinary lessons to learn , he however still needs a serious look in. I am talking of HARUNA LUKMAN a younger player with enough energy and drive who can come in and add life to that midfield.
I agree. Haruna has this kinda confidence on the ball that belies his football age. It was this confidence overconfidence that made him hold on to the ball too long when he should have passed that made the German player collect the ball and score that 3rd goal. I also like him becos he's skillfull, has sharp turning, can run with the ball and he's not afraid to move forward and shoot at goal. He's also a good passer of the ball and he certainly has more ambition and drive than Mikel. Rabiu Ibrahim, though very skillfull is small (could be easily badgered off the ball) & kinda slow so I prefer Lukman Haruna to him as a 10.The only thing Lukman needs is self discipline IMO.
na_so:

And does Nwaneri have this power and pace you're talking about? NO. He's an absolutely classless and unintelligent defender who is afraid of marking strikers too close becos he doesn't wanna get dribbled. I noticed this about him right from his Enyimba days and he hasn't changed. Nwaneri  is a sorry excuse for a defender EOD.
na_so:

Mikel definitely has his own faults. Although I agree our team doesn't come out of defence fast enough and our attackers hardly make runs off the ball, Mikel has his own faults of dilly-dallying and holding on to the ball too long. He is also very immobile, shows no sense of urgency and does not pose any attacking threat on his own like a good 10 should.
na_so:

Not if he performs well and gets to the semi-final as agreed with the NFF
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Okey Emordi is the Technical Adviser/Head of coaching crew of the Enyimba.

And what's the job of Eguavoen?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 8:45pm On Jan 18, 2010
Eguavoen left the club sometime last year na. I still recall the interview he granted complete sports on why he left and bla bla bla. Maybe, he's back in some capacity but you can read more @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enyimba_International_F.C. and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_Eguavoen although their articles aren't always factually correct. The Eguavoen article even made reference to that interview.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by mamagee3(f): 8:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
Amodu should retire, enough of his rantings
he can't even coach well anymore, he talks too much
for my liking and he's truly an embodiment of
a non-diplomatic talkactive
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Iyineda(m): 9:15pm On Jan 18, 2010
mama-gee:

Amodu should retire, enough of his rantings

@ Mama-gee and all those who still aren't aware:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-383371.0.html
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 11:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Eguavoen left the club sometime last year na. I still recall the interview he granted complete sports on why he left and bla bla bla. Maybe, he's back in some capacity but you can read more @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enyimba_International_F.C. and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine_Eguavoen although their articles aren't always factually correct. The Eguavoen article even made reference to that interview.

Oh really? would love to read that up on a more authentic source, Wikipedia is not where fact should be gotten from. anyways, i saw him on talk soccer Africa and i was wondering why he was not with eyimba in Kano.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2010
Did anyone watch a second string Egypt team defeat the same Benin wey wan kolobi us? Semi4dlyf abeg no tow Sagmus line o. Amodu thinks he has it clear to the final avoiding CIV and Cameroun. Lets wait and see.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Mustay(m): 8:34pm On Jan 23, 2010
Nigeria's problems are systemic and Amodu is just one issue out of many.

Amodu can't avoid Angola na?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 9:41pm On Jan 23, 2010
I have been an Amodu supporter from day one and I still am. I don't need to tow anybody's line. Amodu's record is there for all to see. 15 matches played & 1 loss. . . . . . .and this loss was to EGYPT not Mozambique & Benin. I would only call for his sack IF HE FAILS TO GET TO THE SEMI-FINALS.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 25, 2010
semid,
Hope you're watching your Amodu display more incompetency against a minnowish Zambia and manage thier first corner 10 minutes into extra time.
Along with that custard brain called sagamite,keep up your vain campaign.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 12:35am On Jan 26, 2010
Eastbay:

semid,
Hope you're watching your Amodu display more incompetency against a minnowish Zambia and manage thier first corner 10 minutes into extra time.
Along with that custard brain called sagamite,keep up your vain campaign.

Moooron, please tell me where your more talented CIV and Cameroun are with their white coaches.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 6:59pm On Jan 27, 2010
Sagamite:

Moooron, please tell me where your more talented CIV and Cameroun are with their white coaches.
And why shouldn't they be fired? cos they'r white? CIV was robbed, Cameroon lost cos of Kameni and Geremi, just like Yobo cost Naija against Egypt. Stil not an excuse for failure though.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by naso2(m): 7:31pm On Jan 27, 2010
Sagamite:

Oga , no use being spiteful here.

We all know the teams Cameroon and CIV lost to, need I remind anyone what Egypt did to us at the beginning of the competition? With the way we are playing we sure would have been worse off if either of these teams crossed our path at this knockout stage.

When our national team plays a team like Zambia with largely home-based players  and  every fair viewer knows that the result was unfair to the Zambian team and we still do not see that we have issues in the team, then we have no business blaming a sickly presido clinging on top power.

I still would have preferred a loss to Zambia compared to the impending disgrace in the hands of the Ghana starlets . Yes if once again  we will bank on luck and display total lack of technical know-how as displayed against zambia.

This game is dynamic but we have a static Amodu as coach, who still relies on his BCC Lions style . 

Maybe we dey forget say na  world cup we dey go.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 28, 2010
na_so:

Oga , no use being spiteful here.
We all know the teams Cameroon and CIV lost to, need I remind anyone what Egypt did to us at the beginning of the competition? With the way we are playing we sure would have been worse off if either of these teams crossed our path at this knockout stage.
When our national team plays a team like Zambia with largely home-based players and every fair viewer knows that the result was unfair to the Zambian team and we still do not see that we have issues in the team, then we have no business blaming a sickly presido clinging on top power.
I still would have preferred a loss to Zambia compared to the impending disgrace in the hands of the Ghana starlets . Yes if once again we will bank on luck and display total lack of technical know-how as displayed against zambia.
This game is dynamic but we have a static Amodu as coach, who still relies on his BCC Lions style .
Maybe we dey forget say na world cup we dey go.

Bros you said it all.Leave boot lickers like sagamite with nothing but talk to keep believing Amodu will take us to a successful World Cup.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 28, 2010
Sagamite,
If I'm a mooooron (apparently your English is in sixes and sevens,just like your logic),then you're the greatest a$$hole this forum has ever know.
I hope that you see the folly of your ways and repent from the spirit of mediocrity that hovers over you.
From the onset of this competition,it was obvious that Amodu din't have the know-how to take us to the title.Apparently mediocres like you feel satisfied with a semi-final place,despite the fact that we had a hapless Ghana side shorn of Essien,Appiah,Muntari,Pantsil,Kingson Laryea at his mercy, a hapless side of which consisted of U-20 players;in the semi-final,and couldn't even win.You and your like need prayers.Stupid London jackass.
semid,
I more than appreciate your views,as you've tried to be as honest in your position,but it's pretty obvious that Amodu doesn't deserve to be at the helm of the affairs of the SE.At our stage,we shouldn't be content with just getting to the semi-finals.We should be winning this title or getting to the final at the very least.Especially since the Ghana side we faced was more than beatable.You cannot excuse that for any reason.You cannot use the yardstick of white coaches employed by other countries (most of whom have virtually no track record by the way) that Amodu has defeated.What counts is his technical ability which is appalling.He selected a bunch of players mostly unfit and tried a formation shorn of wing-play and over-reliance on the two holding midfielders,come rain or shine.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Katsumoto: 7:23pm On Jan 28, 2010
Eastbay:

Sagamite,
If I'm a mooooron (apparently your English is in sixes and sevens,just like your logic),then you're the greatest a$$hole this forum has ever know.
I hope that you see the folly of your ways and repent from the spirit of mediocrity that hovers over you.
From the onset of this competition,it was obvious that Amodu din't have the know-how to take us to the title.Apparently mediocres like you feel satisfied with a semi-final place,despite the fact that we had a hapless Ghana side shorn of Essien,Appiah,Muntari,Pantsil,Kingson Laryea at his mercy, a hapless side of which consisted of U-20 players;in the semi-final,and couldn't even win.You and your like need prayers.silly London jackass.
semid,
I more than appreciate your views,as you've tried to be as honest in your position,but it's pretty obvious that Amodu doesn't deserve to be at the helm of the affairs of the SE.At our stage,we shouldn't be content with just getting to the semi-finals.We should be winning this title or getting to the final at the very least.Especially since the Ghana side we faced was more than beatable.You cannot excuse that for any reason.You cannot use the yardstick of white coaches employed by other countries (most of whom have virtually no track record by the way) that Amodu has defeated.What counts is his technical ability which is appalling.He selected a bunch of players mostly unfit and tried a formation shorn of wing-play and over-reliance on the two holding midfielders,come rain or shine.

Thank you. SE did not score in 3 matches (4 if you discount the penalty against Benin). Amodu has no business being a coach.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Uche2nna(m): 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2010
1815: Nigeria captain Peter Odemwingie: "I think we have used all the luck we had so far in this tournament. Ghana deserved the victory they played very well. We played as individuals not as a team and I think we need more tactical flexibility than to play 4-3-3 all the time. We need to play more attacking football. We played with one striker and it did not help us and we did not get a lot of chances. We could have played much better."

Even Peter Odemwingie thinks that Amodu is a Arrow grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sauron1: 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2010
Coach Amodu is a disgrace. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by jaybee3(m): 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2010
Eastbay:

Sagamite,
From the onset of this competition,it was obvious that Amodu din't have the know-how to take us to the title.Apparently mediocres like you feel satisfied with a semi-final place,despite the fact that we had a hapless Ghana side shorn of Essien,Appiah,Muntari,Pantsil,Kingson Laryea at his mercy, a hapless side of which consisted of U-20 players;in the semi-final,and couldn't even win.You and your like need prayers.silly London jackass.
semid,
I more than appreciate your views,as you've tried to be as honest in your position,but it's pretty obvious that Amodu doesn't deserve to be at the helm of the affairs of the SE.At our stage,we shouldn't be content with just getting to the semi-finals.[b]We should be winning this title or getting to the final at the very least.Especially since the Ghana side we faced was more than beatable.You cannot excuse that for any reason.You cannot use the yardstick of white coaches employed by other countries (most of whom have virtually no track record by the way) that Amodu has defeated.[/b]What counts is his technical ability which is appalling.He selected a bunch of players mostly unfit and tried a formation shorn of wing-play and over-reliance on the two holding midfielders,come rain or shine.

simply because it's our birth right ehn?  grin grin
statistically and result wise you couldn't really fault amodu, but as a nation which have been known to play the beautiful game with ease and massive effectiveness, we def need a change of direction.
we need creative/attacking midfield players.
we need a major overhaul of the team.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sauron1: 7:32pm On Jan 28, 2010
jay bee:

simply because it's our birth right ehn?  grin grin
statistically and result wise you couldn't really fault amodu, but as a nation which have been known to play the beautiful game with ease and massive effectiveness, we def need a change of direction.

Amodu should be held responsible for our loss.
He is too rigid. Playing 4-3-3 all the time without even tweaking it to the demands of a match is atrocious.
A good coach must be flexible and he must also be able to take FIT players to a tournament.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by chic2pimp(m): 7:35pm On Jan 28, 2010
jay bee:

simply because it's our birth right ehn? grin grin

In as much as it pains me to admit it, you are absolutely spot on.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2010
jaybee,
I must say we should go beyond looking at results especially when the results you're parading are against the likes of Benin,Mozambique,Kenya,Equatorial Guinea,Sierra Leone.We failed the two tests that matter most:against actual footballing nations:Egypt and Ghana.
Besides,today,we essentially played an U-20 side and lost.
Yes it's not our birthright,but we could have won and gotten to the finals if the right technical input (sadly and obviously lacking) and selection were in place.Amodu was supposed to provide both:but he failed.
Over-reliance of 4-4-3 with the wrong players (Etuhu,Kaita cannot seem to keep possesion but always manage to get into the starting 11,the full backs in the formation don't know what to d o when they go forward or know when to join the attack).Picking the half-fit/injured players.
You mentioned creatiive and attacking midfielders.Whose job is it to scout for and select those type of players,if by chance you feel you need them ?IS it not the job of the coach?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sauron1: 7:46pm On Jan 28, 2010
chic2pimp:

In as much as it pains me to admit it, you are absolutely spot on.

You are a bufo.

Spot on over what?
Beating minnows now makes Amodu another Guus Hiddink?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by chika98: 7:47pm On Jan 28, 2010
~Sauron~:

You are a bufo.

Spot on over what?
Beating minnows now makes Amodu another Guus Hiddink?

Sauron this is 2010. Stop being a bully!
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sauron1: 7:49pm On Jan 28, 2010
chika98:

Sauron this is 2010. Stop being a bully!

Forgive ma manners, ma'am. embarassed
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2010
imp2chimp,
Spot-on?
Are you another mediocre?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sauron1: 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2010
Eastbay:

imp2chimp,
Spot-on?
Are you another mediocre?

He is a fat bufo. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I am waiting for Akinalabi to explain this loss.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking / Nigeria Thrashes Guinea 1-6 In Conakry (women's U17 World Cup Qualifier) / Algeria Vs. Burkina-faso: World Cup Qualifier (1 - 0) On 19th November 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.