Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,950 members, 7,915,768 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:12 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! (65763 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Emperoh(m): 8:34am On Jan 29, 2010
debosky:

Keep dreaming - Nani will do Nada. tongue

I have adviced you to commence and all night dry fasting prayer and exonoration of the Blessed Sacrament!!
At least for Clichy!!! and lest i forget, SOl Campbell. . . . .Rooney will so phat on him he'll keep screaming Kai!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by aieromon(m): 10:39am On Jan 29, 2010
Ahhh. . . . Rooney on Sol.
Wasn't it the same Sol that was removed after 1st half in the game against West Ham for shippin' in stupid goals?that was his last game in Highbury.
Ahh. . .Rooney on Sol @ the Emirates grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2010
It's not easy being in Tevez's position – I should know(Andy Cole)

Imagine this scenario: you're in the second leg of the League Cup semi-final, playing against Manchester United, your former club with whom you won the Champions League, and then you score a goal – not a bad goal at all, as it happens – which at the moment you score it looks like it could help you to reach an historic final.

For 2010, read Carlos Tevez, who fits the above description. For 2003, read me. I was in precisely the circumstances described seven years ago. I'd left United, with whom I won the Champions League in 1999, and was playing for Blackburn Rovers. We were in the Worthington Cup semi-final, second leg, after a 1-1 draw in the first leg. Early in that second game I scored to put Blackburn 1-0 ahead on the night and 2-1 up on aggregate. Happy days? Never assume that against United.

We lost 3-1 on the night, as did Manchester City on Wednesday. We were turfed out of the tournament by United then, as City have been now.

So what can I say to Tevez this week? Been there, done that, mate, and you'll learn that it's never, ever, ever going to be easy playing against United at any time. And when you're a former player it's even harder. Because you know they'll probably stay as the top dogs and you'll be someone who has left all that behind.

We will come back to Wednesday night's match in a moment, and what a magnificent advert for the English game and for football in Manchester it was, especially that second half.

But on the subject of being a former United player, you do tend to learn that leaving the club means leaving an awful lot behind. Even among those relatively few players who have later scored against United with a new club, as I did for Blackburn, few if any will have the last laugh.

Sir Alex Ferguson mentioned some former players on Wednesday who he'd recalled scoring against United after leaving: Peter Davenport, Norman Whiteside and Mark Robins.

I can cite more recent examples. In the same season I scored for Blackburn against United, so did Henning Berg, in the league. What happened next? United won that game 3-1, and then won the title.

Before that, Paul Ince famously scored for Liverpool against United in a 2-2 draw towards the end of the 1998-99 season. What happened next? Liverpool ended up trophy-less and we at Old Trafford won the Treble.

Back in the mid-Nineties, Mark Hughes scored for Chelsea against Alex Ferguson's team. What happened next? Chelsea ended up losing 4-1. In fact during that season, Sparky's Chelsea played us three times, including in the Cup, and we won the Double.

So being a former player against United does not give you any great chance of success. All the examples above suggest the opposite. Tevez knows that, for now, first hand.

I still think he's a footballer of huge quality, fit for United, and he showed that with his dangerous play and his goal on Wednesday. The star of the show, though, from where I was sitting, was Wayne Rooney. There was some buzz in that crowd, and when Rooney headed that late deciding goal, it was fantastic. But then you would expect nothing less from a derby.

Wayne's contribution was solid, turning to stellar when it was needed, which is what marks out truly great players – finding the magic required at the right moment on the big occasion. Aside from his winning header he was key to setting in train the move that led to Paul Scholes' opening goal, via Ryan Giggs and Michael Carrick.

Near the start of the season I wrote I could see Rooney being freed, creatively, by the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo, rather than crushed by the pressure of having to assume his duties. So it's proving.

I hope Tevez dies with multiple heartaches tonight.
What a w@nker of a Judas. . . . . .Rooney made him look exactly like a Tarado.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 3:05am On Jan 30, 2010
Cole is merely stating the obvious.
Or is Tevez going to call him a boot-lier as well?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by RuuDie(m): 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2010
specifically what i was saying. . . . . Tevez started his laffing & name-calling way too early - now see who left OT with an embarrassed smirk on his face wednesday night tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 31, 2010
Do me a favour guys, get a draw!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chamotex(m): 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2010
VDS

Rafael Brown Evans EVra

Carrick Fletcher Scholes

Nani ROoney Park

Come on You REDS!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2010
chamotex:

VDS

Rafael Brown Evans EVra

Carrick Fletcher Scholes

Nani ROoney Park

To be honest, i hate this formation/selection.
This is crass at best.

Brown and Evans will be sodomised aerially anytime Arsenal have a set-piece.
Where is VIDIC?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chamotex(m): 5:02pm On Jan 31, 2010
~Sauron~:

To be honest, i hate this formation/selection.
This is crass at best.

Brown and Evans will be sodomised aerially anytime Arsenal have a set-piece.
Where is VIDIC?

Vidic had a setback in training yesterday

We just need to take our chances . . . . . We haven't won all 3 away ganes that Brown and Evans have started. . . . . worrying
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chic2pimp(m): 7:59pm On Jan 31, 2010
Dayummmmm English Players are just too damn expensive.

Chris Smalling will cost Man United £14M shocked shocked shocked when all is said and done.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 8:28pm On Jan 31, 2010
chic2pimp:

Dayummmmm English Players are just too damn expensive.
Chris Smalling will cost Man United £14M shocked shocked shocked when all is said and done.

He will cost £40 million in 2-3 years time.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chic2pimp(m): 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2010
~Sauron~:

He will cost £40 million in 2-3 years time.
I highly doubt that.
J.T is currently valued @ £40M and I definitely don't see him reaching that level(Even Man citeh won't pay that).
And Let's be honest, he ain't no Nesta or Ferdinand talent wise.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 9:03pm On Jan 31, 2010
chic2pimp:

I highly doubt that.
J.T is currently valued @ £40M

Get some perspective, JT is 29.
Who is going to pay that amount for a player with no resale value?

and I definitely don't see him reaching that level(Even Man citeh won't pay that).
And Let's be honest, he ain't no Nesta or Ferdinand talent wise.

You must be a fortune teller to know a 20-yr-old defender won't reach Nesta/Rio level.
Smalling has about 6-8 years to achieve that and i will say he's got a good chance.
If you don't believe me. . . . .Look at Vidic.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 10:00pm On Jan 31, 2010
~Sauron~:

Just play Nani on the right to torment Clichy. cheesy grin
Ashley Young disgraced Clichy yesterday it wasn't funny. grin

Prophetic!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 31, 2010
~Sauron~:

Prophetic!!!!
That's 2 for two for you:Speak on,bruh!
BTW,what's up with HARGREAVES?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2010
Eastbay:

That's 2 for two for you:Speak on,bruh!
BTW,what's up with HARGREAVES?

Hargreaves won't be playing for a while.
Someone in Manchester told me he won't play until April. cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by dayokanu(m): 10:30pm On Jan 31, 2010
Sharrap there. Because you ra.ped those imbeciles called Arsenal you are now screaming
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by MrTA(m): 10:36pm On Jan 31, 2010
Im very pleased for Nani. The talent was always there but he just lacked confidence. Hope he kicks on from there. He has been very good for the past 3 games.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 10:45pm On Jan 31, 2010
Mr_TA:

Im very pleased for Nani. The talent was always there but he just lacked confidence. Hope he kicks on from there. He has been very good for the past 3 games.

I will say he's been explosive since Fergie started playing him on the RIGHT(against Burnley).
It's a disgrace that it took SAF several years to realise Nani functions better on the right flank.
Portugal didn't miss Ronaldo in the WCQ(after Ronaldo's injury) and that was because Nani was outstanding in those play-offs.
Carlos Queiroz plays Nani on the right wing.

dayokanu:

Sharrap there. Because you ra.ped those imbeciles called Arsenal you are now screaming

Arsenal reserves will beat Bayern Munich home/away.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chic2pimp(m): 10:48pm On Jan 31, 2010
~Sauron~:

Get some perspective, JT is 29.
Who is going to pay that amount for a player with no resale value?

DUH!!!!! They are teams aplenty that will happily fork out that amount of money for J.T(Barca, Real,Man citeh). Certain teams don't really care about resale value. All they care about is the value players would add to their currrent team/squad

~Sauron~:

You must be a fortune teller to know a 20-yr-old defender won't reach Nesta/Rio level.
Smalling has about 6-8 years to achieve that and i will say he's got a good chance.
If you don't believe me. . . . .Look at Vidic.
This is not about being a fortune teller.
Smalling has no chance of reaching that level(absolutely no chance).
Vidic was already showing signs he'll be a great defender hence the reason Man united, Fiorentina and Inter went in for him. Vidic also did not cost £14M.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 10:53pm On Jan 31, 2010
chic2pimp:

DUH!!!!! They are teams aplenty that will happily fork out that amount of money for J.T(Barca, Real,Man citeh). Certain teams don't really care about resale value. All they care about is the value players would add to their currrent team/squad

No plonker will pay £40 million for John Terry.
He is not worth that amount even if he's 22.

This is not about being a fortune teller.
Smalling has no chance of reaching that level(absolutely no chance).
Vidic was already showing signs he'll be a great defender hence the reason Man united, Fiorentina and Inter went in for him. Vidic also did not cost £14M.

Stop being a Arrow. . . . . .Vidic cost £7 million and 2 seasons later, he was worth £50 million.
Smalling will be under the stewardship of the best man-manager in the world and at 20, the sky is his limit.
When you see SAF/Wenger tussling over a young talent. . . . . .your sixth sense must tell you the lad must have something special.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2010
chic,
There's no way JT is worth 40 million.He'd even struggle to be half that amount,given that he's almost 30.Believe me,in these days of global economic recession,resale value is VERY important.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 11:09pm On Jan 31, 2010
Eastbay:

chic,
There's no way JT is worth 40 million.He'd even struggle to be half that amount,given that he's almost 30.Believe me,in these days of global economic recession,resale value is VERY important.

Chic2chimp does not understand football economics.
He prolly thinks VDS is worth £60 million. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chic2pimp(m): 11:21pm On Jan 31, 2010
Eastbay:

chic,
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't those Arabs down the road bid £40m earlier on in the season.

~Sauron~:

No plonker will pay £40 million for John Terry.
He is not worth that amount even if he's 22.

Man Citeh were willing to.

~Sauron~:

Stop being a Arrow. . . . . .Vidic cost £7 million and 2 seasons later, he was worth £50 million.
Smalling will be under the stewardship of the best man-manager in the world and at 20, the sky is his limit.
When you see SAF/Wenger tussling over a young talent. . . . . .your sixth sense must tell you the lad must have something special.
Don't be daft. . . . .  Vidic was never worth £50m.
Also Wengay did the smart thing and backed off cuz anyone in his/her right mind knows Smalling(un proven) ain't worth that amount of cash

~Sauron~:

Chic2chimp does not understand football economics.
He prolly thinks VDS is worth £60 million. grin grin grin
It's not about football economics.
Certain clubs could care less about resale value. Do you think the Juve board was looking @ the resale value when they bought the legendary Buffon for £32m? I think not.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 11:35pm On Jan 31, 2010
chic2pimp:

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't those Arabs down the road bid £40m earlier on in the season.

Media generated fees.
Besides, that value also depended on the contract he had with Chelsea FC as at that time.

Man Citeh were willing to.
Don't be daft. . . . .  Vidic was never worth £50m.

How much was Vida worth last season after he led the defence that kept 14 clean sheets in the league?

Also Wengay did the smart thing and backed off cuz anyone in his/her right mind knows Smalling(un proven) ain't worth that amount of cash
It's not about football economics.

Wenger couldn't afford Smalling.
Arsene knows the player has got the potential and only time will tell.
You were one of the twits that marvelled when Fergie paid £12 million for a certain teenager in 2003 cos you thunk the teen would never be as good as Beckham.

Certain clubs could care less about resale value. Do you think the Juve board was looking @ the resale value when they bought the legendary Buffon for £32m? I think not.

Juve paid £32 million for Buffon at 23 years of age.
Gigi has put in 9 years of work-shift in Juventus and i can say he was well worth the amount paid back in 2001.
Terry is almost 30, how many years does he have left to play at professional level? 9 YEARS??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chic2pimp(m): 11:55pm On Jan 31, 2010
~Sauron~:

How much was Vida worth last season after he led the defence that kept 14 clean sheets in the league?

I'll say around £40M

~Sauron~:

Wenger couldn't afford Smalling.
Arsene knows the player has got the potential and only time will tell.
You were one of the twits that marvelled when Fergie paid £12 million for a certain teenager in 2003 cos you thunk the teen would never be as good as Beckham.

Wengay could afford him but he was not willing to pay that ridiculous amount of money. Why should he when TV5 cost £10M? undecided
Ronaldo was a midfielder and midfielders generally tend to cost more. If Ronaldo was English, he woulda cost you lot £20M at the very least. English players are just to expensive.

~Sauron~:

Juve paid £32 million for Buffon at 23 years of age.
Gigi has put in 9 years of work-shift in Juventus and i can say he was well worth the amount paid back in 2001.
Terry is almost 30, how many years does he have left to play at professional level? 9 YEARS??
The point I was trying to make was that Juve paid the amount of money not because they were hoping for a higher resale value but because they knew the value he would add to the Juve team. Same with Terry

~Sauron~:

Media generated fees.
Besides, that value also depended on the contract he had with Chelsea FC as at that time.

Well, most of these transfer speculations come with Media generated fees.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 12:23am On Feb 01, 2010
chic2pimp:

I'll say around £40M

Bought for £7 million in 2006. . . . .he was worth £40 million in 2009.
That should tell you something.
SAF woulda saved £20 million if Smalling goes ahead to become a quality defender.

Wengay could afford him but he was not willing to pay that ridiculous amount of money. Why should he when TV5 cost £10M? undecided

Has TV5 really added any value to the Arsenal defence?
Look at the number of goals they have conceded this season.

SKY told us today they have conceded 12 goals from set-piece(excluding penalties) this season.
In ma own opinion, his combo with Gallas has not added ZILCH to the Arsenal defence.

Ronaldo was a midfielder and midfielders generally tend to cost more. If Ronaldo was English, he woulda cost you lot £20M at the very least. English players are just to expensive.

Ronaldo was the most expensive teenager when SAF bought him.
Reasons why Wenger couldn't pay for his services in 2003. . . . .even then he still got sold at £80 million after playing shyte in his first 2 seasons.
Defenders don't peak until their late 20s. Smalling has about 8-9 years ahead of him so he's got a FAT chance.

The point I was trying to make was that Juve paid the amount of money not because they were hoping for a higher resale value but because they knew the value he would add to the Juve team. Same with Terry

Juve paid £32 million cos they know Buffon will serve them for the best part of 10 years.
Terry cannot play active football for the next 4 years thus no manager will pay that ridiculous amount for an injury-prone, end-of-days defender. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by dayokanu(m): 12:49am On Feb 01, 2010
Arsenal reserves will beat Bayern Munich home/away.

The greatest Arsenal side.

Lehmann, Lauren, Toure, Cygan, Clichy (Cole 83), Ljungberg (Van Persie 76), Vieira, Edu (Flamini 36), Pires, Reyes, Henry.

Was rap.ed severely by a Bayern side without their best player (Ballack and Deisler)
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Emperoh(m): 7:34am On Feb 01, 2010
~Sauron~:

Prophetic!!!!

I must concede you got that one spot on. . . . now i can't careless what happens to Valncia but if Nani
keeps this performance week in week out, then he will have a huge issue of playing time on his hands!!!
Men dude was pure class yesterday. . . . how did he beat Clichy and the other guy for his first goal?
Chai am taking a re-watch at the clip. . . . yesterday couldn't have been any better. . . .Arsenal looked like Stoke City!!

dayokanu:

The greatest Arsenal side.

Lehmann, Lauren, Toure, Cygan, Clichy (Cole 83), Ljungberg (Van Persie 76), Vieira, Edu (Flamini 36), Pires, Reyes, Henry.

Was rap.ed severely by a Bayern side without their best player (Ballack and Deisler)

. . . . . was and will still be, k?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by dayokanu(m): 7:52am On Feb 01, 2010
^^ according to Okafors theory your bitch would always be your bitch

e.g Man Utd vs Arsenal, Drogba vs Arsenal, Bayern vs Real, Bayern vs Arsenal, Bayern vs Man Utd,
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by tkb417(m): 7:55am On Feb 01, 2010
One United!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are those pests?
I told Ritchie and co if we could do on that turf in a UCL match, why not an epl game
They are officially Newscastle as from today

Who the hell is next?
They should be very afraid cos Nani and Rooney are ready to blow up the EPL
Abeg, I want to play Chelsea like tmr
Lol
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 01, 2010
My gripe is that the scoreline was only 3-1.Nani shoulda had a brace and rooney a Hat-trick.
The way we kept slicing them when we came forward was something else.True,were Arsenal Hull City in disguise?
tk,
Leave those vermins.I hope they gather enough gall to come to this thread and start spewing their usual garbage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (100)

Manchester City vs Liverpool - (4 - 0) On 2nd July 2020 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea EFL Cup (2 - 1) On 24th January 2018 / Brentford Vs Manchester United (4 - 0) On 13th August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.