Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! (64601 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by dayokanu(m): 9:47pm On Feb 04, 2010
Without Hargreaves, we wouldn't have won the CL.
The United team in Moscow woulda been lop-sided and Ronaldo woulda been forced to play on the right to face his nemesis(Ashley Cole).
Hargo made it possible for Ronaldo to play against the weakest link in the Chelsea defence(Essien).

Remember Hargo also despatched his penalty shoot-out nicely when CR7(WPOTY-elect) missed his own.

Ashley Cole is Ronaldos nemesis? since when? I remember young CR7 sendin him on crutches
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2010
dayokanu:

Ashley Cole is Ronaldos nemesis? since when? I remember young CR7 sendin him on crutches

Watch Euro 2004 and WC 2006 again.
Ashley Cole mauled Ronaldo throughout.

The immature Ronaldo was better at dribbling than the Ronaldo of 2004-2009.
Nani is a better dribbler than Ronaldo. What Nani did to Clichy/Nasri. . . . .Cristiano cannot do it if offered £300 million.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chic2pimp(m): 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2010
dayokanu:

grin grin grin grin

To be fair, Cashley played him quite well(Euro 2004 comes to mind). No left back has done as well as cashley did against Ronalda.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by dayokanu(m): 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2010
Ronaldo was domesticated by Lahm in WC 2006,
Caged by Arne Friedrich in Euro 2008.

Still dont know how Hargreaves Singlehandedly won Moscow for United. The rep should go largely to guys like Terry, Ronaldo, and the defensive pair, Also to Drogba for slapping Vida
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 9:58pm On Feb 04, 2010
dayokanu:

Ronaldo was domesticated by Lahm in WC 2006,
Caged by Arne Friedrich in Euro 2008.

Ronaldo became lazier to dribble as his maturity sets in.
Lahm held Ronaldo very well but Nani's act of sodomy on Lahm in the Audi Cup is still under investigation in the Human Rights Office in Berlin.
Nani reduced Lahm to a pub defender. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by dayokanu(m): 10:12pm On Feb 04, 2010
I can still remember Essien gasping for breath or clutching the grass after some CR7 stepovers
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Emperoh(m): 12:04pm On Feb 05, 2010
dayokanu:

I can still remember Essien gasping for breath or clutching the grass after some CR7 stepovers

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
. . . .Dayo apologies, i want to laugh at this pls. . . , chai!!
But i bet Clichy will still be having Nightmares over last Sunday's game!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2010
Debate Of The Week

NANI OR VALENCIA?
Who do we start on the right?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by tkb417(m): 1:03pm On Feb 05, 2010
Nani
valencia will start playing when Nani is sick or injured
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by abrahym(m): 1:44pm On Feb 05, 2010
Valencia shud start against portmouth tomorow,so to keep fitness then nami shuld start against astonvilla on wednesday, berbatov and owen dont deserve a start line up at all. Rooney and fletcther to continue up front.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Emperoh(m): 1:48pm On Feb 05, 2010
tkb417:

Nani
valencia will start playing when Nani is sick or injured

. . . , .errm!! Ok on current form, Nani!!
Provided he starts from the Right!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by MrTA(m): 2:18pm On Feb 05, 2010
I think for this game against Portsmouth, SAF should try Nani and the left and Valencia on the right. At the moment. Nani definitely has the upper hand as he's on form and overall he has far more in his locker than valencia but Valencia is also a very effective player.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by RuuDie(m): 2:25pm On Feb 05, 2010
Nani most def. . . . but i would like to see Valencia out on the left cutting in and taking on some shots a'la CR7 - lets see how effective that makes our attacks.

Pompey is definitely not one we should approach with the cagey 1-man upfront tactic. . . . . put 2-up (Rooney/Berba) and then give Diouf/Owen a chance if the game's almost home and dry!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Hugoboi(m): 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2010
I really think SAF shd not bother about starting berba alngside Rooney.I daresay Owen would be a better partner with Nani on the left cutting in those crosses, Valencia shd sit out a few more games and work on his fitness.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by codedguy1(m): 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2010
I think SAF should call both players and tell them none of them are first on the pecking order.

that will make em understand the essence of giving their best anytime they have a chance to play. (good competition for them)

On current form, Nani will be definite pick, but i think SAF should start Valencia, then bring in Nani later, not necessarily for valencia, but throuhg his reading of the game.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chamotex(m): 4:14pm On Feb 05, 2010
Hargreaves did not suffer a setback people . . . relax

Fergie just said on Sky Sports News he didn't feel Hargo would make an impact in the CL this season and that's why he's had to take the decision to replace him.

He said he would play a part in the league
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 4:31pm On Feb 05, 2010
Cheese n Rice. . . . . .I cannot believe the rave review Nani is getting here.
The same Nani that has been pilloried by NLers in the last 5 months? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Come on NANI. . . . . . . .Nigerians are BEHIND you. grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Emperoh(m): 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2010
~Sauron~:

Cheese n Rice. . . . . .I cannot believe the rave review Nani is getting here.
The same Nani that has been pilloried by NLers in the last 5 months? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Come on NANI. . . . . . . .Nigerians are BEHIND you. grin grin grin grin

Sharap dia. . . , grin ;Di knew u will come up with this sooner or later
Let him go sort out his consistency and i will stop bashing him. . . . .lol grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chic2pimp(m): 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2010
COCAINE SNIFFING, DOPE SMOKING RIO FERDINAND IS THE NEW ENGLAND CAPTAIN.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by ritchboy(m): 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2010
Nani is STILL the 2nd worst winger in the league(Joe Cole beats him to to first by the skinniest of margins) cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 1:59pm On Feb 06, 2010
ritchboy:

Nani is STILL the 2nd worst winger in the league(Joe Cole beats him to to first by the skinniest of margins) cheesy

All those retards in Arsenal will take the cake. . . . . .

Nasri
Walcott
Eboue
Rosicky

chic2pimp:

COCAINE SNIFFING, DOPE SMOKING RIO FERDINAND IS THE NEW ENGLAND CAPTAIN.

Only Champions League winners are qualified to wear that arm-band.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by niniman(m): 3:42pm On Feb 06, 2010
Manchester United v Portsmouth line-ups:

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Neville, Brown, Jonathan Evans, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Fletcher, Nani, Berbatov, Rooney.
Subs: Kuszczak, Owen, Park, Fabio Da Silva, Gibson, De Laet, Diouf.
Portsmouth: James, Vanden Borre, Rocha, Wilson, Ben-Haim, Webber, Hughes, Mullins, O'Hara, Belhadj, Piquionne.
Subs: Ashdown, Owusu-Abeyie, Finnan, Boateng, Dindane, Yebda, Basinas.
Referee: Lee Mason (Lancashire)
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by dayokanu(m): 4:26pm On Feb 06, 2010
Nasri
Walcott
Eboue
Rosicky

Even though kitten was bad earlier in the season but no one can be compared to Theo WANKOTT.

Rosicky is another maga sale to an EPL side from a Bundesliga side
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by ritchboy(m): 6:37pm On Feb 06, 2010
Sauron
u conveniently forgot to mention Obertan, Valencia etc. . . they MADE the cake cheesy

DK
at least Rosicky didnt cost that much. . . And when he's fit he's arguably the best wide player in the league. Robben on the other hand is the biggest scam of the last decade.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by dayokanu(m): 6:40pm On Feb 06, 2010
DK
at least Rosicky didnt cost that much. . . And when he's fit he's arguably the best wide player in the league. Robben on the other hand is the biggest scam of the last decade.

Robben? I am now more convinced GAYYners are insane bunch of people. Robben has been the best player at bayern in Ribery's abesence. he has scored in our last 3 games 2 free kicks and another goal today in the opening 120 seconds.

Robben is way better than any player in Assanal right now
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by ritchboy(m): 7:14pm On Feb 06, 2010
DK
who cares if Robben is the best player at a useless club?
Are we even talking about ability or fitness? Are u not the same nincompoop that said Hargreaves is a scam? Dont you have to be a renowned doofus to question the ability of Hargreaves or Rosicky? Robben's injury record alone should reduce his worth to =N=800k grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 06, 2010
Sauron,
Nani's problem ain't being played on the right or left.
His problem was confidence.He felt he had to outdo Ronaldo instead of playing his own game.Now that he's coming into his own,I guess the wing won't matter.I still think he's deadlier on the left though.But it doesn't matter.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 8:29pm On Feb 06, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
u conveniently forgot to mention Obertan, Valencia etc. . . they MADE the cake cheesy

Obertan & Valencia are better than any Arsenal winger at the moment.
The last decent winger Arsenal had was Robert Pires. grin

Eastbay:

Sauron,
Nani's problem ain't being played on the right or left.
His problem was confidence.He felt he had to outdo Ronaldo instead of playing his own game.Now that he's coming into his own,I guess the wing won't matter.I still think he's deadlier on the left though.But it doesn't matter.

His crosses were gash tonight. He is a better player on the right but can still give a decent showing on the left.
On the right, his crosses are early and crosses made quickly are far dangerous!!!

I have to mention Valencia was horrible today though.
Letz blame it on his rustiness.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by ritchboy(m): 9:06pm On Feb 06, 2010
Sauron
Pires played for Arsenal as recently as 2006. . . The last decent winger to play for United is George Best, FACT! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
Pires played for Arsenal as recently as 2006. . . The last decent winger to play for United is George Best, FACT! grin grin

And yet Cristiano Ronaldo and Beckham sprayed semen all over Wenger's face for a period of 10 years. grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2010
Sauron,
If Nani is going to be a successor of some sort to CR,he has to be able to play on both wings.
It will be best for us if he can deliver from both wings.
His movement today caused problems for the Pompey defence.He just needs a run of games to boost his confidence,which is high at the moment,though he could do with better accuracy on target.
I think it was an emphatic win,but we have two difficult games coming up at teams who feel they should be top six sides.
Everton & Villa are not sides we can stroll over.Hope we can scale through though wiith maximum points
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by tkb417(m): 7:06am On Feb 07, 2010
@Ruudie
Ur pre-match analysis was spot on!!
Rooney/Berba started; Diouf and Owen came in when the game was already a done deal

@Eastbay
I saw Everton play against Pool, with the way we are playing now, we'll score 4 unreplied goals against them
As for Villa, they shd be prepared for war!
They caused me pains earlier in the season and this is the best time to unleash venom on them
UTD will rake in the maximum 6pts from those games

Our sleek runs have begun and it can only get better when captain RIO and naughty Vida get back
We are United!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 4th February 2017 / Manchester City Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 16th August 2015 / Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.