Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,277 members, 7,887,803 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:06 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! (64974 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by tkb417(m): 8:21am On Feb 03, 2010
advantage UTD!
the chavs dropped points

lets undo Pompey with gazillion goals and expect a favourable result at the bridge

things are looking rosy

^^^^and to think RIO and Vida will join the team soon makes me lick ma lips
they aint seen norrin yet cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by MrTA(m): 8:56am On Feb 03, 2010
Yes. That was a pretty decent result last night. Just need to focus on our own performances now and the title will be wrapped up again.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by MrCrackles(m): 9:12am On Feb 03, 2010
Mr_TA:

Yes. That was a pretty decent result last night. Just need to focus on our own performances now[b] and the title will be wrapped up again.[/b]
Dream on. . . . . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by aieromon(m): 9:24am On Feb 03, 2010
Hmm,Villa lurkin' in the corner.i can't wait to get back my 3points.
Nani,please keep up this good run.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Emperoh(m): 11:20am On Feb 03, 2010
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
thats a Fela sound. . . . . . . .chai, it couldn't get any better. . . . .i am not yet counting this trophy but who knows
The picture will clear a bit when the Gaynner and Chavs handle themselves!!

WHo want bet, we go win this for another year? grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by codedguy1(m): 11:44am On Feb 03, 2010
@ Emp

Those Chavs made my day yesterday by dropping those two points.

It just makes everything a little more exciting.

I will be an ARSE grin on sunday.

The chav supporters have started blaming Anceloti's Formation, whether na diamond or round formation, who shuda or shud'nt have played and all what not.

Wetin we nor go hear?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by agabaI23(m): 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2010
coded guy:

@ Emp

Those Chavs made my day yesterday by dropping those two points.

It just makes everything a little more exciting.

I will be an ARSE grin on sunday.

The chav supporters have started blaming Anceloti's Formation, whether na diamond or round formation, who shuda or shud'nt have played and all what not.

Wetin we nor go hear?

Too early mate. You have Villa and Everton to deal with away.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by tkb417(m): 1:27pm On Feb 03, 2010
Everton and Villa grin grin grin

i can bet they are tougher than the arses aways grin grin grin

msheww, they will be dispersed with ease

note: UTD on a roll will crush any opposition
our sluggish ways are gone with 2009

let the rumble continues cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by tkb417(m): 1:56pm On Feb 03, 2010
guys lets pray for Hargo to return this month. I read somewhere that SAF is challenging him to be fit for the clash against Milan

i'll so much want this dude to be fit for the remaining part of the season cos it seems SAF believes so much in him.

abeg who has updates on these other guys

Obertan and Anderson
wassup with them?

i heard PSG failed in a bid to get Anderson at the close of the January transfer window; thats not good news to me cos if we can keep guys like Scholes even when they are getting old, why should we let a 22 year old boi leave just like dt
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by MrTA(m): 2:06pm On Feb 03, 2010
Quote from: Mr_TA on Today at 08:56:09 AM
Yes. That was a pretty decent result last night. Just need to focus on our own performances now and the title will be wrapped up again.
Dream on. . . . . Grin

If the defending Champions are dreaming what are Arsenal doing? cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2010
FERDINAND LAUNCHES NEW APPEAL

Rio Ferdinand is to appeal the extra game of the four-match suspension meted out to him by the Football Association.

The England defender came through his first game back since a lengthy injury lay-off unscathed against Hull City last month, but his return was soured when video footage caught him swinging an arm at Craig Fagan in an off-the-ball incident.

Manchester United appealed the three-match ban issued to him for violent conduct in a move that allowed him to play against Manchester City in last week's Carling Cup semi-final, only to be hit with an extra game after the FA deemed his action 'frivolous'.

Ferdinand missed Sunday's win at Arsenal and is also set to be absent from games against Portsmouth at home and away trips to Aston Villa and Everton.

He is not eligible to contest the mandatory three-game ban, but he is entitled to appeal against the additional suspension.

If successful he could figure in the Everton match at Goodison Park but should the FA again deem his challenge frivolous then an additional game could be added onto his suspension - thus ruling him out of the Carling Cup final against Aston Villa.

Sir Alex Ferguson is understood to support the appeal with the likelihood being Wes Brown and Johnny Evans will be rewarded for their efforts throughout the tournament with starting places at Wembley in any case.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by aieromon(m): 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2010
Owen Hargreaves,where are thou
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Emperoh(m): 10:20am On Feb 04, 2010
TK
Its not just SAF that believes in Hargo. . . . I do strongly believe in the dude
Kee that guy fit and u have a tight middle. . . .even 20 diamond formation can undo him!!
So if its possible. . . . i can't wait to have him. . . . he'll be like a new player. . . . but i think SAF wants to gradually integrate him
I just need to know whats still keeping him out!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Feb 04, 2010
See them creaming over a Bayern reject.

Well he should be halfway through his Medical degree and a doctors assistant
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chamotex(m): 6:23pm On Feb 04, 2010
tkb417:

guys lets pray for Hargo to return this month. I read somewhere that SAF is challenging him to be fit for the clash against Milan

i'll so much want this dude to be fit for the remaining part of the season cos it seems SAF believes so much in him.

Obertan and Anderson
wassup with them?

i heard PSG failed in a bid to get Anderson at the close of the January transfer window; thats not good news to me cos if we can keep guys like Scholes even when they are getting old, why should we let a 22 year old boi leave just like dt
tkb417:

Obertan and Anderson
wassup with them?

Hargo has been removed from the Champions League revised squad by Fergie and replaced by De Laet.
I don't think Fergie thinks he's ready to until towards the end of the season. . . . . that is if he plays at all.

Ando is crocked

Obertan has been playing for the reserves of late.
I think Fergie is still trying to gel him into the team. I think its a good move cos he can learn and ease his way in from there.

Meanwhile Welbeck have also been replaced by Diouf in the revised CL squad since he's gone on loan to Preston.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 6:27pm On Feb 04, 2010
chamotex:

Hargo has been removed from the Champions League revised squad by Fergie and replaced by De Laet.
I don't think Fergie thinks he's ready to until towards the end of the season. . . . . that is if he plays at all.

Ando is crocked

Obertan has been playing for the reserves of late.
I think Fergie is still trying to gel him into the team. I think its a good move cos he can learn and ease his way in from there.

Meanwhile Welbeck have also been replaced by Diouf in the revised CL squad since he's gone on loan to Preston.

Who replaced John O'Shea?
Fabio or David Gill's son?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chamotex(m): 6:32pm On Feb 04, 2010
~Sauron~:

Who replaced John O'Shea?
Fabio or David Gill's son?

I think you can only make a maximum of 2 changes
Fabio was already in the squad . . . he played against CSKA Moscow
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 6:37pm On Feb 04, 2010
chamotex:

I think you can only make a maximum of 2 changes
Fabio was already in the squad . . . he played against CSKA Moscow

OFFICIAL RULES:

For all matches from the start of the round of 16, a club may register a maximum of [b]three new eligible players [/b]for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2010 at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

18.18 One player from the above quota of three who has played UEFA club competition matches for another competing club in the current season may exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded: in the same competition for another club; or for another club that is currently in the same competition.

Furthermore, if the player’s new club is playing in the UEFA Europa League, his former club must not have played in the UEFA Europa League at any point in the current season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chamotex(m): 7:18pm On Feb 04, 2010
I guess he only made 2.
But wasn't David Gill's son already in the squad?
Why was he tipped to play against Wolfsburg earlier in the season then?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by ritchboy(m): 7:23pm On Feb 04, 2010
I thunk players 21 or younger dont have to be registered
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chamotex(m): 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2010
I just noticed the Liverpool Fan Thread has been on 70 pages since 2007. cheesy grin grin grin grin
That stat speaks for itself. grin grin grin grin

How many times have we created a new thread?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chamotex(m): 7:25pm On Feb 04, 2010
ritchboy:

I'm not sure . . . . these rules changes frequently.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 7:26pm On Feb 04, 2010
ritchboy:

There are various clauses surrounding players under 21.

Conditions for registration: List B

18.15 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B
during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on
the day before the match in question.

18.16 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1988
and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted
period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with
UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been
registered with the participating club for the previous two years without
interruption.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by ritchboy(m): 7:48pm On Feb 04, 2010
^^ Soon they will add a clause that requires all unregistered U21 players to be virgins born on friday the 13th cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Feb 04, 2010
Manchester United have removed midfielder Owen Hargreaves from their squad for the Champions League knockout stages.

GettyImages

Hargreaves has suffered a fresh setback

• Fergie hopes for swift Hargreaves return

Hargreaves has not featured for United since September 2008 due to a long-standing problem with his knees. He has undergone rehabilitation work and has recently returned to light training.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=736334&sec=uefachampionsleague&cc=5901
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by dayokanu(m): 8:05pm On Feb 04, 2010
Sir Alex Ferguson, who had said in September that he was nearing a return, said this week that he hoped Hargreaves would be fit in time to face AC Milan this month, but it appears his recovery has since suffered another setback after UEFA confirmed United have requested that Ritchie De Laet be introduced into their squad in Hargreaves' place.

Hargreaves moved to Old Trafford from Bayern Munich for £19 million in May 2007.

Maga don payyyy shout Halleluyahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Who can convert 19million GBP to USD so I can know how much maga pay

This is one of the biggest scam in football history
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 8:08pm On Feb 04, 2010
dayokanu:

Maga don payyyy shout Halleluyahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Who can convert 19million GBP to USD so I can know how much maga pay

This is one of the biggest scam in football history

He single-handedly won UCL for Man Utd in 2007/8.
Knowing that winning the title is about £30 million + the league title he won for us(£50 milla). . . . .
I think United made a massive profit in the acquisition of Hargo.

What have Bayern won since they sold Hargo to Man Utd?
Not even a Semi-final berth? Na wa o!!!
Bayern Munich sold their birth right for a measly £19 million.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by RuuDie(m): 8:23pm On Feb 04, 2010
una dey answer dayo. . . . . after another trophyless season, they'll go and scavenge siberia in search of players - bayern mumuchen

grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chic2pimp(m): 9:13pm On Feb 04, 2010
chamotex:

I just noticed the Liverpool Fan Thread has been on 70 pages since 2007. cheesy grin grin grin grin
That stat speaks for itself. grin grin grin grin

How many times have we created a new thread?
We all know most of the fans on this thread are GloryHunters so there is nothing new there. If liverpool had as many GloryHunting fans as you lot, their thread woulda long gone past 70pages
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by MrCrackles(m): 9:15pm On Feb 04, 2010
chic2pimp:

We all know most of the fans on this thread are GloryHunters so there is nothing new there. If liverpool had as many GloryHunting fans as you lot, their thread woulda long gone past 70pages
GBAM!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by dayokanu(m): 9:36pm On Feb 04, 2010
He single-handedly won UCL for Man Utd in 2007/8.
Knowing that winning the title is about £30 million + the league title he won for us(£50 milla). . . . .
I think United made a massive profit in the acquisition of Hargo.

Singlehandedly How?

The same Sauron would say CR7 siglehandedly, Vidic siglehandedly, VDS singlehandedly, Rooney singlehandedly.

Now, How many people singlehandely won The CL trophy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 9:44pm On Feb 04, 2010
dayokanu:

Singlehandedly How?

The same Sauron would say CR7 siglehandedly, Vidic siglehandedly, VDS singlehandedly, Rooney singlehandedly.

Now, How many people singlehandely won The CL trophy

Without Hargreaves, we wouldn't have won the CL.
The United team in Moscow woulda been lop-sided and Ronaldo woulda been forced to play on the right to face his nemesis(Ashley Cole).
Hargo made it possible for Ronaldo to play against the weakest link in the Chelsea defence(Essien).

Remember Hargo also despatched his penalty shoot-out nicely when CR7(WPOTY-elect) missed his own.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (100)

Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona : El Clasico (2 - 0) On 1st March 2020 / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.