Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! (64637 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by ritchboy(m): 8:37am On Feb 01, 2010
tkb
what did you tell me?? grin
do you still think Nani is sh.t? i still do cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Emperoh(m): 9:00am On Feb 01, 2010
ritchboy:

tkb
what did you tell me?? grin
do you still think Nani is sh.t? i still do cheesy

Ask Gael Clichy. . . . he saw 7 demons from Portugal yesterday!! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by tkb417(m): 9:05am On Feb 01, 2010
Eastbay baba
Hw PH now? Hw was it like after the mauling of those lil boiz?
Was with ma crew in our black jersieys mehn!!!! It was fun

Arsenal is a dead team. it could have been 6-1

Ritchie
Ol boi, who cares if Ronaldo has left, we have Nani
Lemme spell it for u
N-A-N-I

Nani is the new messiah!!!
Lol
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by tkb417(m): 9:16am On Feb 01, 2010
Emperoh
Clichy,Nasri and Verma saw demons!!
They should thank their stars SOl Campbel didn't play
It would have been another Newscatle episode
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 01, 2010
tkb,
My guy,PH is a little bit quiet,since the Gaynner fans here have gone silent/hiding.
The Arsenal flags are conspicuously missing from people's cars.
No more Gunner's for life.My in-law who watched the game with me was almost in tears and promptly swore that AW is a b$stard.He has since decamped to siddon-look fans club.Initially we had a bet that whoever team's won would force the loser to drink a bottle of brandy before he left.After seeing the tears,I had to pity the guy.On second thought,maybe I shouldn't have:he made so much noise before the game!
Yes,if Nani keeps this up,CR7 will probably be a distant memory that will fade like the morning mist,especially since he ain't having it so easy in Madrid.We all tried to warn him but he felt he needed to be there.
Those short men,sorry dwarfs (arshavin,Nasri,Fabregas,Denilson,Rosicky) can't hang.
I thought Clichy was better than Cashley when he left.The way I see it,Echiejile woulda done better.Nani who's supposed to be shyte ran the pissant ragged.He must be looking for his psychotherapist or exorcist to help him get rid of Nani's image after the Atilogwu dance that led to the opening goal.He definitely didn't sleep well last night. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by debosky(m): 1:31pm On Feb 01, 2010
Great game scumtwats. You guys took your chances (early on anyways) and denied Arsenal when Arsenal weren't denying themselves.

That said, it was still just ONE game. I maintain that if Arsenal can get 6-8 points from these evil 4 games then we have a chance - given our run in is the easiest of the lot.

While that seems nearly impossible considering we have to beat Chelski and Liverpool, it can still happen.

~Sauron~:

Prophetic!!!!

You got that right mate - that was near prophetic. grin

Oddly enough, I felt no grief in the loss yesterday - nothing like what I felt in the CL last year. I think we were beaten so fairly I had absolutely no grudge against the scumtwats.

Fair play to Fergie for wishing us victory against Chelski. Just loan us VDS for the game and we'll deliver the goods. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by MrCrackles(m): 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2010
tkb417:

Emperoh
Clichy,Nasri and Verma saw demons!!
They should thank their stars SOl Campbel didn't play
It would have been another Newscatle episode
I laugh in Gworro. . . .
Demons ko, Dipo ni. . . . . cool
Clichy had a nightmare but to suggest Vermaelen and Nasri saw demons, is a load of "shoki shakes"
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 01, 2010
Debo,
Pray,still trust in Wenger?
Cus the way it is,he,not the players,should get the stick.
How could he replace the unbeatables with this set of players?
Personally I think AW could do with a change in approach.If the set-up play last night wasn't working,a plan B woulda been in order.But there was none.
Not saying Arsenal ain't in the race anymore.Just saying that it's looking bleak.The 10-game unbeaten run to haul them back into the title picture maybe did more to mask the reality that this is a frail squad than anything else.
Personally I would like Arsenal to be in the title picture to make things interesting.A two-horse race tends to get predictable.And right now,I don't see how this same tactical approach will get any good results at Chelsea.Yes they won there last season,but since then,Chelsea have clobbered you guys in the three meetings since then,scoring 9 in the process.
If Wenger cannot freshen things up (i.e. go to an alternative cause of action when things are not working),much like Fergie does from time to time,I guess it's time to leave.
My two cents though
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 2:19pm On Feb 01, 2010
debosky:

Great game scumtwats. You guys took your chances (early on anyways) and denied Arsenal when Arsenal weren't denying themselves.
That said, it was still just ONE game. I maintain that if Arsenal can get 6-8 points from these evil 4 games then we have a chance - given our run in is the easiest of the lot.
While that seems nearly impossible considering we have to beat Chelski and Liverpool, it can still happen.

Last night's result makes next weekend's game a bit tastier.
Arsene cannot afford to LOSE 2 on a bounce to their closest rivals.
It won't happen. I am backing Wenger to BATTER Chelsea.

Oddly enough, I felt no grief in the loss yesterday - nothing like what I felt in the CL last year. I think we were beaten so fairly I had absolutely no grudge against the scumtwats.

That's the nature of the league this season.
If we had lost yesterday, i wouldn't have been pained cos dropping points is the norm.

TBH, Arsenal bossed the game in the first 10 minutes.  SAF drafting Scholes to man-mark Cesc was silly cos Cesc was just taking the piss on him but SAF changed it around after 15 mins by drafting Scholes further up leaving Carrick and Fletcher to track Cesc's movement.

United midfielders took control from there and Carrick was outstanding with his crisp intelligent passes.
Nani was at his best on the right and the rest was history. I wouldn't worry about the loss if i were you.

Fair play to Fergie for wishing us victory against Chelski. Just loan us VDS for the game and we'll deliver the goods.  grin

Almunia had no protection whatsoever.
Don't mind the media blaming him for what was not his fault.

The 1st goal was bound to be a goal. . . . .If Almunia didn't touch the ball, Park was already lying in wait to tap the ball into the net.
The 2nd goal was the fault of the midfielders and the defenders. Denilson stopped running.

Vermalen was lost. . . . .He didn't even know who to man mark between Park and Rooney.
For the 3rd goal, should we blame Almunia for that abi Clichy who was having his moments of madness.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Emperoh(m): 2:52pm On Feb 01, 2010
Brash must still be seeing the 7th demon of Nani. . . . lol don't jump into the river below London Bridge oo!! grin grin

Debo
Kpele u hear. . . . just that these drubbing is getting more common
Blimey it shoulda been like 6 or 7 goals?
Gunners looked terribly vulnerable. . . . .i didn't feel that tension that grit and fear, respect and diligence u see when playing any of the big four
the dude on the dug out was simply losing it. . . .and the look on his face was priceless. . . .jeez fergie's beat him into place.
He should learn to respect his opponents next time. . . . . u play United with no striker,
How can? U guys had better go and win the game against Chelsea
Its a must win or even draw!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 3:13pm On Feb 01, 2010
Man Utd To Appeal Against Rio Ferdinand's Four-Match Ban.

Manchester United are to appeal against the four-match ban the Football Association has handed to Rio Ferdinand.

The defender was originally given a three-match ban by the FA after video footage showed him lashing out at Craig Fagan during United's 4-0 win over Hull earlier this month. The sanction was then extended after Manchester United made what the governing body described as a "frivolous appeal".

That makes United's latest appeal risky, particularly as Ferdinand will miss the Carling Cup final against Aston Villa on 28 February if the FA comes down hard on the Premier League champions again.

The 31-year-old centre-back missed United's 3-1 victory over Arsenal yesterday and will also sit out their match against Portsmouth on Saturday and the visit to Villa next Wednesday.

I'm not surprised. . . . . 
We're making sure we highlight the inconsistency within the FA.
This might hurt us short term, but it will help us long term.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by tkb417(m): 4:09pm On Feb 01, 2010
FA can go and hang
we just finished Arsenal without Vida and RIO
so no shakes
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chic2pimp(m): 4:54pm On Feb 01, 2010
MrCrackles:

I laugh in Gworro. . . .
Demons ko, Dipo ni. . . . . cool
Clichy had a nightmare but to suggest Vermaelen and Nasri saw demons, is a load of "shoki shakes"
grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Emperoh(m): 5:02pm On Feb 01, 2010
Who cares. . . . .we haven't had for most of the season
so this might not hurt. . . . matter of fact i didn't so miss him against Arsenal
Lets see how the next two games pan and then hope Vida returns in the next game!!
I sure need him for the UCL KOs!!

Chickenshrimp!!
How far are u consoling or mocking the man attacked by Nani's 7th demon? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by dayokanu(m): 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2010
Beating Assanal is no feather to your cap, they are the whipping boys of the top teams.

Can someone remind us of their aggregate vs Chelsea in the last 3 meeting?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Beating Assanal is no feather to your cap, they are the whipping boys of the top teams.

Not be an achievement,but the noise prior to the game makes it special.
They said we were finished,that we missed Ronaldo,that Nani can't do JACK,that Rooney is the only player we have,That selling Tevez was a mistake,that Fletcher kicks people around,that Arshavin will destroy us and Vermaelen will cage Rooney.
Allow us to enjoy their sober state cus they will be back tomorrow after their b#tt holes have healed, fantasizing about raping Chelsea in return.
Last three meetings in all competitions is 9goals to 2 in favour of Chelsea.
If they know what to do,make dem go beg Drogba to score only one,because he LOVES having some young Arsenal b&tt! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by tkb417(m): 6:46pm On Feb 01, 2010
dayokanu:

is Leverkusen better than Arsenal?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2010
Just watching the game all over again:I think my MOTM was Carrick.
His passing is phenomenal.
H e has to be the best mid-to-long range passer in the league right now.
Once he gets into that ice-cold mode,nothig ruffles him
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 8:41pm On Feb 01, 2010
Eastbay:

Just watching the game all over again:I think my MOTM was Carrick.
His passing is phenomenal.
H e has to be the best mid-to-long range passer in the league right now.
Once he gets into that ice-cold mode,nothig ruffles him

Carrick was magnificent last night - he gave the San Siro performance when the Italian media were creaming themselves over him.
He made the right decisions 99% of the time. He kept pinging the ball in all directions with the required weight of pass.

It was an excellent team performance. . . .Everyone gave their best.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 01, 2010
Sauron,
Everybody did well.
But I think Carrick's composure edged it for him in my opinion.
We all expected Rooney to do some damage,which he did.No surprises there.Nani came good too,though from recent form,it wasn't a surprise either.
Carrick on the other hand,damaged arsenal with his vision and range of passing.When United got the ball and had Carrick in possession,Arsena always looked to be in serious panic,not knowing what to do.That gave him time and space to throw those quarterback passes left and right,picking out anybody and everybody on United's team.He made only one wrong pass in the first half,and that was as a result of a 50-50 tussle with Song and ??(Can't remember-who cares?).
I still think he will re-enact the San Siro episode in about two weeks time.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by tkb417(m): 9:10pm On Feb 01, 2010
Carrick is back to his best. The Carrick we had last season was phenomenal
I think he's getting his groove back
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 9:14pm On Feb 01, 2010
Eastbay:

Sauron,
Everybody did well.
We all expected Rooney to do some damage,which he did.No surprises there.Nani came good too,though from recent form,it wasn't a surprise either.
Carrick on the other hand,damaged arsenal with his vision and range of passing.When United got the ball and had Carrick in possession,Arsena always looked to be in serious panic,not knowing what to do.That gave him time and space to throw those quarterback passes left and right,picking out anybody and everybody on United's team.He made only one wrong pass in the first half,and that was as a result of a 50-50 tussle with Song and ??(Can't remember-who cares?).
I still think he will re-enact the San Siro episode in about two weeks time.

He starts the season slowly but fires up in the 2nd half of the season.
His range of passing yesterday musta dazzled Wenger. I keep saying Carrick and Hargreaves(if fit) should be England's first choice in the midfield.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chamotex(m): 9:52pm On Feb 01, 2010
Eastbay:

Sauron,
Everybody did well.

I think the key to Nani's form is the fact that he's playing on the right rather than left.
Looks like he felt more comfortable and confident on the right side and does not have to cut in.

We wouldn't have scored that second goal if Nani was breaking from the LEFT.

@Sauron
Please don't ever question/doubt Fergie's team formation/selection like you did prior to kick-off yesterday.
He's been doing it for decades and he rarely gets them wrong even when he does. grin

The only itch was Scholes playing deeper at first which he later rectified by swaping him with Carrick.
FERGIE is a genius!!! grin grin grin

I think we should change the title of our thread and add "IN FERGIE WE TRUST" at the end. grin grin grin makes more sense
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 10:19pm On Feb 01, 2010
chamotex:

I think the key to Nani's form is the fact that he's playing on the right rather than left.
Looks like he felt more comfortable and confident on the right side and does not have to cut in.

We wouldn't have scored that second goal if Nani was breaking from the LEFT.

I remember highlighting this point few weeks ago with Emperoh/EastBay and tkb417 attacking me for it.
Playing Nani on the left slows down the attack. Besides that, it gives him so many options and he is more likely to take the wrong one.
But with Nani on the right, it means he can deliver a cross without having to cut in like he normally does on the left.

@Sauron
Please don't ever question/doubt Fergie's team formation/selection like you did prior to kick-off yesterday.
He's been doing it for decades and he rarely gets them wrong even when he does. grin

The only itch was Scholes playing deeper at first which he later rectified by swaping him with Carrick.
FERGIE is a genius!!! grin grin grin

Isn't that what i criticised in the first place?
Playing Scholes so deep to man mark Cesc Fabregas was a cardinal sin but Fergie quickly saw the flaw and swapped Carrick to keep tabs on Cesc.

I think we should change the title of our thread and add "IN FERGIE WE TRUST" at the end. grin grin grin makes more sense

I think United are the best counter attacking side in Europe.
With Rooney, Valencia, Berbatov, Park, Obertan and Nani. . . . .we are UNTOUCHABLE.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chamotex(m): 10:34pm On Feb 01, 2010
~Sauron~:

Playing Scholes so deep to man mark Cesc Fabregas was a cardinal sin but Fergie quickly saw the flaw and swapped Carrick to keep tabs on Cesc.

I didn't think we had any other option anyway . . . . Ando musta been crocked not to even be on the bench.
Scholesy was our best option . . . Me thinks Fergie wanted Carrick to play higher up the pitch the way he did against Citeh where he caused damage and grabbed a goal plus the fact that he prolly thought Scholesy cant linger up and down any more. So he decided to play him deeper where he can spray passes like there's no tomorrow. grin

But less than 10 minutes into the game, Fergie showed his effective reading of the game and judged that Scholesy vs Fab didn't work and made changes accordingly.

There was atually a situation where Fab just ran past Scholesy like a wind grin. I thought that was when Fergie decided to change things.

Me also think Berebatov's omission in this high intensity game was another factor for our success. He woulda slowed down our counter-attacks and prolly might not even be able to catch up with the pace of it. Did you see how fast Rooney ran to catch up on that second goal? He breezed past all the Arsenal players with minimal effort. At one point, it was like Linford Christie was on the pitch. Usain Bolt must be proud. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 10:50pm On Feb 01, 2010
chamotex:

I didn't think we had any other option anyway . . . . Ando musta been crocked not to even be on the bench.
Scholesy was our best option . . . Me thinks Fergie wanted Carrick to play higher up the pitch the way he did against Citeh where he caused damage and grabbed a goal plus the fact that he prolly thought Scholesy cant linger up and down any more. So he decided to play him deeper where he can spray passes like there's no tomorrow. grin

I understood Fergie's plans but on another day, Arshavin n Cesc woulda made us PAY in the first 8 minutes.

But less than 10 minutes into the game, Fergie showed his effective reading of the game and judged that Scholesy vs Fab didn't work and made changes accordingly.

Fair play to Fergie for tweaking the formation a bit cos Carrick gave a master-class in the middle of the pack.
Cesc can learn a thing or two from Carrick's composure in the midfield with slide-rule passes and timely interventions when under attack.

There was atually a situation where Fab just ran past Scholesy like a wind grin. I thought that was when Fergie decided to change things.

It was heart-breaking. grin cheesy

Me also think Berebatov's omission in this high intensity game was another factor for our success. He woulda slowed down our counter-attacks and prolly might not even be able to catch up with the pace of it. Did you see how fast Rooney ran to catch up on that second goal? He breezed past all the Arsenal players with minimal effort. At one point, it was like Linford Christie was on the pitch. Usain Bolt must be proud. grin grin

This is a bit harsh on Dimitar.
He finished off with a beautiful goal in a sizzling counter attack against Hull.
Berbatov is deceptively quick.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chamotex(m): 10:59pm On Feb 01, 2010
~Sauron~:

This is a bit harsh on Dimitar.
He finished off with a beautiful goal in a sizzling counter attack against Hull.
Berbatov is deceptively quick.

I wouldn't have been comfortable seeing Berba play yesterday in a 4-4-2 formation.
It could have been disastrous
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 11:07pm On Feb 01, 2010
chamotex:

I wouldn't have been comfortable seeing Berba play yesterday in a 4-4-2 formation.
It could have been disastrous

When playing Arsenal. . . . . .U got 2 options.

1).
Play a 2-man midfield and surrender the middle to them but with quick wingers who can deliver pin-point crosses into the box for 2 strikers to feed on.

2).
Play with a 4-3-3 that turns to a 4-5-1 when defending. Option 2 has worked wonders for us ever since CQ deployed this formation in the 4-0 victory in the FA cup 2 seasons ago. Since then, we have beaten the Arses TWICE in the UCL Semis and the game of last night.
It must be known that this formation relies heavily on the availability of Carrick and Fletcher(A creator and a destroyer). grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by aieromon(m): 12:04am On Feb 02, 2010
@sauron
I quite agree with option #2 but you made no mention of Park in the formation.
I believe this formation relies heavily on someone like him because of his ability to track back and forth efficiently.To me,he's the silent destroyer.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by tkb417(m): 8:19am On Feb 02, 2010
no sir!!!
u started your criticism as soon as you saw the line up cos Anderson wasnt there
stop twisting; yeah you were spot on about scholes when the game was underway but wrong when you predicted Rooney would go home fraustrated and red carded

go back and read again

and pls dont tell me you knew Scholes was gonna mark Cesc by looking at the formation on ur tv b4 the ball was kicked. i can swear you would have thought carrick or fletcher would do that
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 10:22am On Feb 02, 2010
tkb417:

no sir!!!
u started your criticism as soon as you saw the line up cos Anderson wasnt there

Of course, Anderson is a better athlete than Paul Scholes and he woulda given more efforts than Scholes.

stop twisting; yeah you were spot on about scholes when the game was underway but wrong when you predicted Rooney would go home fraustrated and red carded

Had Fergie not tweaked the formation to put Scholes further up the pitch, i shudder to think what woulda happened.
The game woulda degenerated to Fulham @ Craven Cottage last season when we lost 0-2 with Rooney and Scholes sent off.

and pls dont tell me you knew Scholes was gonna mark Cesc by looking at the formation on your tv b4 the ball was kicked. i can swear you would have thought carrick or fletcher would do that

I watch MATCH DAY LIVE on MUTV just before kick-off and it was there Stewart Gardner said Scholes would man-mark Cesc Fabgregas.
Stewart Gardner follows Man Utd everywhere and he gets first hand information on team selection/team formation and other indices.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (100)

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 16th August 2015 / Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona : El Clasico (2 - 0) On 1st March 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.