Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! (64636 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2010
chamotex:

[MILAN

Dida

Bonera    Nesta    SIlva     Antonini

Becks   Pirlo     Ambrosini     Ronaldinho

Pato  Huntelaar

MUTV have it as. . . . 4-3-3

Beckham-------Pirlo------Ambrosini

Pato---------Huntelaar---------Ronaldinho
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chamotex(m): 7:51pm On Feb 16, 2010
~Sauron~:

MUTV have it as. . . . 4-3-3

Beckham-------Pirlo------Ambrosini

Pato---------Huntelaar---------Ronaldinho

Yeah I thought as much . . . . .DInho playing on the left wing would be disastrous for them. He never tracks back.
We must test Dida

We can win this if we take our chances.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 7:53pm On Feb 16, 2010
chamotex:

Yeah I thought as much . . . . .DInho playing on the left wing would be disastrous for them. He never tracks back.
We must test Dida

We can win this if we take our chances.

With Nani, Carrick, Fletcherino and Rooney in the team, we should trounce those OAPs.
Evans would maul Huntelaar and i expect Rafael to disturb Ronaldinho.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by chamotex(m): 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2010
~Sauron~:

With Nani, Carrick, Fletcherino and Rooney in the team, we should trounce those OAPs.
Evans would maul Huntelaar and i expect Rafael to disturb Ronaldinho.

This was the same team that beat Arsenal bar Brown so I'm confident.

Antonini is their weakest link . . . . . Nani must get at him
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 8:01pm On Feb 16, 2010
chamotex:

This was the same team that beat Arsenal bar Brown so I'm confident.
Antonini is their weakest link . . . . . Nani must get at him

I trust Nani to tear anyone on that side to shredz!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by allboyz(m): 8:15pm On Feb 16, 2010
Rafeal - R10 shocked shocked shocked shocked

bECKS - to score a free kick! tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 16, 2010
allboyz:

Rafeal - R10 shocked shocked shocked shocked

bECKS - to score a free kick! tongue
I sincerely hope you start to feel like a fleabag after writing this piece of poo.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by debosky(m): 11:14pm On Feb 16, 2010
Great game overall and good win for Utd.

Second leg will be a smoking game.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by aieromon(m): 11:25pm On Feb 16, 2010
There's nothin' more to smoke. . . .
Second leg'll be a walkover.
Jose said it:the Milan team is technically deficient,why in heaven's sake will you allow a player that was dancin' to stay that long?Ronaldinho might have entertained fans but his team play sucked.
If a 4-5-1 can get in three goals past one of the worst centre back pairs Milan has ever produced,expect a truckload from a 4-4-2 lineup.
Next is Everton,heard Fellaini is out for the rest of the season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 16, 2010
aieromon:

There's nothin' more to smoke. . . .
Second leg'll be a walkover.
Jose said it:the Milan team is technically deficient,why in heaven's sake will you allow a player that was dancin' to stay that long?Ronaldinho might have entertained fans but his team play sucked.
If a 4-5-1 can get in three goals past one of the worst centre back pairs Milan has ever produced,expect a truckload from a 4-4-2 lineup.
Next is Everton,heard Fellaini is out for the rest of the season.
I guess we are a little down psychologically,first for conceeding that late goal,and then the sending off.
But I expect us to go through.
Ronaldinho is just fizzled out.Nothing capped his Milan career than the missed bicycle kick.
Beckham did playing in the press conferences before the game.Fletcher harried him like he was never a United player once upon a time.Actually sad to see look him so ordinary.Goes to say:once you leave United,your carrer doesn't go much further.
Everton at Goodison is a much harder prospect,but if Felaini is missing,that would be a boost for us.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 11:37pm On Feb 16, 2010
Eastbay:

I guess we are a little down psychologically,first for conceeding that late goal,and then the sending off.
But I expect us to go through.
Ronaldinho is just fizzled out.Nothing capped his Milan career than the missed bicycle kick.
Beckham did playing in the press conferences before the game.Fletcher harried him like he was never a United player once upon a time.Actually sad to see look him so ordinary.Goes to say:once you leave United,your carrer doesn't go much further.
Everton at Goodison is a much harder prospect,but if Felaini is missing,that would be a boost for us.

The whole team had a mare in the first half. . . . .VDS kept us in the game.
Scholesy's goal came at the right time and it gave us some sorta belief to go n batter em.
Rooney shoulda copped his hatrick and if he continues to deliver like he is doing. . . . .I think he might just win the WPOTY!!!!
He terrorised Nesta all night.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by debosky(m): 11:40pm On Feb 16, 2010
With due respect, aieromon and eastbay are way off base on Ronaldinho - He scored one and made one assist.

If that is 'fizzled out' form, what is good form?

He was more dangerous than the 'youthful' Pato and if not for VDS, he'd have scored more.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 11:46pm On Feb 16, 2010
Ronaldinho was fantastic. . . . .although he has lost a yard of pace.
We were terrible in the first 45 mins and i think Dinho's goal knocked off United's sail after the first goal.
Anyways, we keep marching on!!!!

I have to say Darren Fletcher was a BEAST out there tonight.
He owned their midfield.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 16, 2010
debosky:

With due respect, aieromon and eastbay are way off base on Ronaldinho - He scored one and made one assist.

If that is 'fizzled out' form, what is good form?

He was more dangerous than the 'youthful' Pato and if not for VDS, he'd have scored more.
He scored courtesy of a deflection on a shot that was going to be saved,then was kept quiet by Rafael,till the youngster goofed and allowed for the assist.In between,he offered nothing other than needless flicks and tricks.
Even you should know this is NOT the Ronaldinho we all knew and loved once upon a time.Do we need to argue on this?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by debosky(m): 11:52pm On Feb 16, 2010
Eastbay:

He scored on courtesy of a deflection on a shot that was going to be saved,then was kept quiet by Rafael,till the youngster goofed and allowed for the assist.In between,he offered nothing other than needless flicks and tricks.
Even you should know this is NOT the Ronaldinho we all knew and loved once upon a time.Do we need to argue on this?

A goal is a goal - Scholes scored courtesy of a deflection. . .was it not a goal?

The youngster goofed? Didn't the CB's goof to allow Rooney two headers? Does that mean Rooney offered nothing?

I know Ronaldinho is not at his peak, but he had a very decent performance against Utd, albeit not excellent. He was better than Huntelaar, Pato and virtually every other Milan player on the pitch.

He worked VDS more than anyone else - and Rafael didn't keep him quiet for as long as you think, it was more down to the shot stopping ability of VDS than anything else.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by aieromon(m): 11:54pm On Feb 16, 2010
Ronaldinho scored and made an assist,hmmm
Scholes had a bad passing game and still put in a goal.
Seedorf's few minutes showed who played more purposeful football.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 11:55pm On Feb 16, 2010
debosky:

A goal is a goal - Scholes scored courtesy of a deflection. . .was it not a goal?  

How was Scholesy's goal a deflection?
Are you high? Who deflected the ball into the net?

The youngster goofed? Didn't the CB's goof to allow Rooney two headers? Does that mean Rooney offered nothing?  

The CBs didn't goof.
They had no answer to Rooney's timing and well-executed headers.

I know Ronaldinho is not at his peak, but he had a very decent performance against Utd, albeit not excellent.  He was better than Huntelaar, Pato and virtually every other Milan player on the pitch.

Agreed!
Huntelaar was anonymous.

He worked VDS more than anyone else - and Rafael didn't keep him quiet for as long as you think, it was more down to the shot stopping ability of VDS than anything else.

He didn't work VDS more than anyone else. . . .Pato was also immense and i think Seedorf did more than Dinho despite playing for just 20 mins.

Eastbay:

He scored courtesy of a deflection on a shot that was going to be saved,then was kept quiet by Rafael,till the youngster goofed and allowed for the assist.In between,he offered nothing other than needless flicks and tricks.

In all honesty, Rafael owned Dinho for over 80 mins.
He just couldn't get past Rafael who kept dispossessing Dinho time n time again.
Naivety got the better of young Rafael when he lost the ball at the death and Milan got their late goal.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by debosky(m): 12:00am On Feb 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

How was Scholesy's goal a deflection?
Are you high? Who deflected the ball into the net?

His standing leg did. grin A cross came, was missed by his shooting led and got deflected. grin

The CBs didn't goof.
They had no answer to Rooney's timing and well-executed headers.

Debatable - allowing a player to run in between you so casually is poor marking. You would NEVER get that type of chance against Chelski.

He didn't work VDS more than anyone else. . . .Pato was also immense and i think Seedorf did more than Dinho despite playing for just 20 mins.

Dinho had three shots on goal - higher than anyone else in the Milan team.

In all honesty, Rafael owned Dinho for over 80 mins.
He just couldn't get past Rafael who kept dispossessing Dinho time n time again.

10 minutes in which he scored one and created one - not a bad shift at the office I think.

Naivety got the better of young Rafael when he lost the ball at the death and Milan got their late goal.

Yeah right - Dinho's brilliance left Evans flat on his face for the goal - go watch the replay.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by aieromon(m): 12:04am On Feb 17, 2010
Whatever made Leonardo start Beckham instead of Seedorf shows how technically deficient he is.i thought Seedorf was unfit but the dude impressed me. . . .way better than the makoosa dancer who couldn't beat Rafael.
Inzaghi should have come in to kill off what was left of Evan's morale.
Truly,a 9-man team would have acheived this same result lipsrsealed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 12:07am On Feb 17, 2010
debosky:

His standing leg did.  grin A cross came, was missed by his shooting led and got deflected.  grin

So how can a player deflect his own shot with his own standing leg?
Debosky, stop smoking woolies. Scholesy scored a perfect goal.

Debatable - allowing a player to run in between you so casually is poor marking. You would NEVER get that type of chance against Chelski.

Saha of Everton got plenty of those chances against Chelsea. grin grin grin

Dinho had three shots on goal - higher than anyone else in the Milan team.

Only one of em was potent. The other two were back-passes that VDS smothered easily.

10 minutes in which he scored one and created one - not a bad shift at the office I think.

Not a bad shift but Rafael was decent.
I am so happy for him. He would learn from this. Not too many 19-yr-old players will cope with Dinho.

Yeah right - Dinho's brilliance left Evans flat on his face for the goal - go watch the replay.

What brilliance? A through pass and Seedorf's trickery?
Debosky, admit it. . . . .U are disappointed United won. . . . . grin
6 months ago, you were ranting like a Camel United would miss Ronaldo. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by debosky(m): 12:10am On Feb 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

So how can a player deflect his own shot with his own standing leg?
Debosky, stop smoking woolies. Scholesy scored a perfect goal.

Perfect in the sense that it can never be replicated. grin

Saha of Everton got plenty of those chances against Chelsea. grin grin grin

I rephrase - you wouldn't get that against a Chelski defence with a sane JT. grin

Only one of em was potent. The other two were back-passes that VDS smothered easily.
three shots one goal - still not a bad return from a player who is 'finished', coupled with an assist.

What brilliance? A through pass and Seedorf's trickery?
Debosky, admit it. . . . .U were disappointed United won. . . . . grin

Dinho's trickery flattened Evans - go watch it again. I'm actually glad Utd won - it allows the second leg to sit up nicely.

More than anything I was pleased to see Flamoney actively warming the bench when 38 year old men are playing in midfield. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 12:14am On Feb 17, 2010
debosky:

Perfect in the sense that it can never be replicated. grin

Scholesy is a magician. . . . .With him, anything is possible.

I rephrase - you wouldn't get that against a Chelski defence with a sane JT. grin

John Terry is finished.
Aston Villa and Wigan Athletic have scored simpler goals against Chelsea.

three shots one goal - still not a bad return from a player who is 'finished', coupled with an assist.

Rooney and Fletcher were better than Dinho on the night.

Dinho's trickery flattened Evans - go watch it again. I'm actually glad Utd won - it allows the second leg to sit up nicely.

Dinho's trickery did nowt.
Seedorf's trickery got the goal not Dinho. . . . . .

More than anything I was pleased to see Flamoney actively warming the bench when 38 year old men are playing in midfield. grin

Tactical moves.
Flamini will play at OT to marshal a rampaging Fletcher.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 12:20am On Feb 17, 2010
Debosky,
I thought you were a smarter than this.
How can you insinuate that Scholes' goal was a deflection?
How did you descend to this low?
Dinho's trickery only ended up tricking himself.What you gotta say about the missed overhead kick?Especially when he had ample time and space to execute it?
Rafael did a decent job to limit him to just three shots.The only one that ended in the net came off a player in the wrong place at the wrong time for United.
I guess United still miss Ronaldo as you have been preaching.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by debosky(m): 12:25am On Feb 17, 2010
Eastbay:

Debosky,
I thought you were a smarter than this.
How can you insinuate that Scholes' goal was a deflection?
How did you descend to this low?

Dude it was a joke - let it slide.

Dinho's trickery only ended up tricking himself.What you gotta say about the missed overhead kick?Especially when he had ample time and space to execute it?
Rafael did a decent job to limit him to just three shots.The only one that ended in the net came off a player in the wrong place at the wrong time for United.

Any player who scores one goal and makes an assist from just three shots can be said to have had a decent game, not 'fizzled out' - that's all I'm saying. He is by no means at the peak of his powers, but if he scored one and made one, how would he be regarded as 'fizzled out'?

Take some perspective is all I'm saying.

I guess United still miss Ronaldo as you have been preaching.

Off point dude - seems you have a penchant for doing that tonight.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by aieromon(m): 12:33am On Feb 17, 2010
Fletcher - no goals,no trickery,2 assists
Seedorf - 1 goal,no assist,no trickery.
These are REAL men at work who make team work rather than individual display count.
If Gaucho likes,let him bring his dancing boots to OT.we no send am.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Sauron1: 12:35am On Feb 17, 2010
aieromon:

Fletcher - no goals,no trickery,2 assists
Seedorf - 1 goal,no assist,no trickery.
These are REAL men at work who make team work rather than individual display count.
If Gaucho likes,let him bring his dancing boots to OT.we no send am.

What is your beef with Dinho?
He was fantastic at least in the first 15 mins and when Seedorf came on.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by aieromon(m): 2:27am On Feb 17, 2010
What is your beef with Dinho?
He was fantastic at least in the first 15 mins and when Seedorf came on.

SAF had a problem;Rooney wasn't gettin' the necessary delivery expected of Nani.
Solution-pulls out Nani for Valencia.in less than five minutes,the change reaps rewards.
Pato would have buried all Gaucho's shots on target if only he had the chance.
Valencia came on and made Rooney look good. . .
Ronaldinho played the full game and made Pato and Huntelaar look like shyt.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 17, 2010
debosky:

Dude it was a joke - let it slide.
Yeah,quite funny.Ever considered a career in stand-up comedy?
debosky:

Any player who scores one goal and makes an assist from just three shots can be said to have had a decent game, not 'fizzled out' - that's all I'm saying. He is by no means at the peak of his powers, but if he scored one and made one, how would he be regarded as 'fizzled out'?
Take some perspective is all I'm saying.
Was any of the above (i.e goal and assist) his own doing?Dinho four seasons ago woulda unlocked United single-handedly.Especially the way they defended early on in the game.Did he need the two assists from the United defencding for the stats you are holding up in his defence?
Rafael had him tied down for most of the game till he goofed.I think,if we're talking about perspective,that that should be what we should be taking into perspective,considering Dinho's reputation.
Don't be fooled by the occassional step-over/flick which 9 times out of 10 end up in nothing.Even Dunga isn't impressed.If Dinho were more purposeful,Milan woulda won the game.
debosky:

Off point dude - seems you have a penchant for doing that tonight.
Sour grapes mate.
How does this look off point,considering your postulations at the begining of the season?You and your fellow nay-sayers from North London boldly said we wouldn't get this far with the loss of Ronaldo and Tevez.
Tell me you expected us to beat Milan and I'll know I don't have to take you seriously.
Let's see if you can end your winless streak in Portugal.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by tkb417(m): 7:57am On Feb 17, 2010
Manchester United!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wooo wooo woooo woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

who is next cos we are going to Kill them at OT

i think raphael is still learning and i think he'll come out better with all this experience

although he tried keeping Dinho in check
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by tkb417(m): 8:58am On Feb 17, 2010
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=742477&sec=uefachampionsleague&cc=3888

i think Marcel Dessailly was on point when he predicted United will go to San Siro Unscathed
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by HNIC(m): 9:42am On Feb 17, 2010
Scholesy's goal was fortuitous.
The guy completely missed with one leg, it hit the other leg and rolled into the net shocked shocked shocked
If it ever occurs again in his career, he will be regarded as a Sorcerer grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 17, 2010
HNIC:

Scholesy's goal was fortuitous.
The guy completely missed with one leg, it hit the other leg and rolled into the net shocked shocked shocked
If it ever occurs again in his career, he will be regarded as a Sorcerer grin
At this stage of the season,I'd take all the luck I can get.
Ronaldinho's goal was equally fortuitous.The shot was going to be smothered by VDS at the very least till it hit Carrick.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (100)

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 16th August 2015 / Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona : El Clasico (2 - 0) On 1st March 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.