Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,123 members, 7,900,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:00 AM

God Supported Holy Wars In The Bible - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Supported Holy Wars In The Bible (4740 Views)

Interesting - "Star Wars" In Church Today / To All Nairalanders That Supported Trump On His View About Islam / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Supported Holy Wars In The Bible by goodguy(m): 11:23pm On Feb 07, 2007
bari_kade,

I have also asked two Muslims since I started this thread if they believe in the same God the Christians believe, and they answered in the affirmative.

Spindomer that posted here is one of them. When I asked him whether he was a Christian or a Muslim, he even stressed the spelling of "Muslim" to indicate to me how conc. he is in Islam. cheesy

And when I asked him if he believes Christians and Muslims worship the same God, his answer was "Of course!".

That was why I introduced him to this thread, but unfortunately, that's the only post he has made so far.
Re: God Supported Holy Wars In The Bible by shahan(f): 11:47pm On Feb 07, 2007
I think you gentlemen should leave opinions aside and actually trace issues back to the core of the religions. Muslims and Christians clearly do not worship the same God.
Re: God Supported Holy Wars In The Bible by opeemi1(m): 1:00pm On Feb 08, 2007
davidylan:

I just have one answer, read the story of Jesus and Nicodemus. I doubt if Jesus was clappiing nicodemus on the back for having qualified for heaven on the basis of being a "nice" pharisee!

Just has Jesus preached to Nicodemus in the Bible even due to the fact that he was a "nice" pharisee. Why can't a Christian Brethen also do the same, do you think it's fair to just see people live nice, noble lives in vain and yet end up in hell.

mrpataki, saw a very nice and understanding man and yet he watched a "life lived in vanity"(according to your points), is this right?
Take for example what you said Jesus did, he still went ahead to preach to Nicodemus, why can't mrpataki?

mrpataki:

I only hate that religion!
I guess this was his reason.

davidylan:

mr. important, it beggars the mind to read some of what emanates from the minds of so-called "christians". I would be seriously ashamed to associate myself with a "christian" who still has no clue what it takes to enjoy eternall life.

I can see you are full of clues David, why can't you share them instead of feeling ashamed or don't you want us have what it takes to enjoy eternal life?

davidylan:
If being nice is enough to take me to heaven, i might as well close shop as a christian, marry as many wives and concubines, get drunken, steal, so long as i am nice to everyone i meet!

Quite a strange definition of nice in your context. You should be a lexicographer. cheesy

davidylan:
As for goodguy, ii would advice you let him enjoy his ignorant fantasyland where christians and muslims worship the same "god".

A good Christian Brother like you is giving an advice to others to let him be in his fantasyland, instead of laying your facts down to resolve the questions at hand.
Re: God Supported Holy Wars In The Bible by opeemi1(m): 1:08pm On Feb 08, 2007
mrpataki:

If the Muslim doctor does not acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus Christ, there is no other way to salvation. You of all people should even know better.
Did you take time to let him know this?, but instead all you took note of was how nice and understanding he was. For such a person, why did you let him treat you?

mrpataki:

Maybe he thinks being nice is one of the fruit of the spirit! Even the devil can be nice!
Or have you forgotten what you said?

mrpataki:

Even though I might have an extensive knowledge as to the subject matter.
My! My!! My!!!
I am amazed at the extensive knowledge you claim to have. shocked grin

mrpataki:
As to your case, I guess you are better left to your ways of thinking!
Would Jesus do the same as this?

Please! Lets try to reason together, and correct our mistakes. If you think anything is wrong, try to prove which is wrong instead of castigating the post and the poster. I believe that peace can be restored, but this can only happened when all work as one. As for me, I believe in One Supreme God, Creator of Heaven and Earth. I don't know much of Quran and the rest, but the people around me who are Muslims have so much faith in God, and live peaceful lives.

Let peace reign.
Re: God Supported Holy Wars In The Bible by mrpataki(m): 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
@ ope_emi,
At first, I didnt want to respond to your childish rantings, but I just realised that you are best put in your place of knowing that you and goodguy are just beating around the bush here.

mrpataki, saw a very nice and understanding man and yet he watched a "life lived in vanity"(according to your points), is this right?
Take for example what you said Jesus did, he still went ahead to preach to Nicodemus, why can't mrpataki?

This is the height of uttermost stupidity I could ever read from you. You make errors to think that works can save a man, that being nice is an attribute to enter the kingdom of God, that your erudite answers is by your own inconsequential intellect when it pertains to God's word, now, that I said a "life lived in vanity"([size=4pt]quote where I even said that[/size]) because of a muslim doctor, I met that I should have preached unto. 

Davidylan referred you to a scripture, which I am very sure you even know little about, because Nicodemus stole away in the middle of the night to see Jesus, Jesus never went looking for him, and I did not go to see a doctor to preach to him, I went there in my pains to get a relief only to know that he is muslim, quite understanding and a nice man too. I only brought out that account to show that even if my inputs here are antagonistic to Islam, it does not remove the fact that I live with them everyday, and I preach the love of God to them. Even while I was in my Youth Service year, my boss was a converted Muslim! And we share the Word together! I miss those days men!

What an ignorant deduction here!

I will end my input to you thus:
1 Corithians 13:11 -When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

I told goodguy, same goes for you too, grow out of that childish mentality. I had to come down to your level at the moment to say these inputs of mine to you, because thats how you can understand. I will never stoop this low, to this level of childish reasoning with you again!

As Jesus always was referred to as the Prince of Peace, I as well follow Peace with all men. But to think that some christians will allocate the thought that we serve the same God with Islam, I cannot flow with such thoughts and thinking idealogies. Better to say it now than lead those who are weak in their faith reading this article to error, based on such errors here. Jehovah might be a Man of war, but there is no equating of Him to another self glorified Idol such as Islam!
Re: God Supported Holy Wars In The Bible by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 08, 2007
ope_emi:

Just has Jesus preached to Nicodemus in the Bible even due to the fact that he was a "nice" pharisee. Why can't a Christian Brethen also do the same, do you think it's fair to just see people live nice, noble lives in vain and yet end up in hell.

this is a very strange deduction from the story of Jesus and Nicodemus. You asked a question whether God would be fair to put a "nice" muslim in hell, i told you to go search your scriptures what the criteria God would use to judge those who merit heaven or hell by His grace and this is all you could come up with in response?
What has Nicodemus being a nice pharisee got to do with the preaching of Christ? Did Christ not preach to the pharisees who were going to stone Him and crucify Him afterwards? Did Christ specifically go searching for "nice" pharisees?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Christainity Encourage Intolerance And Arrogance? / Contest And Be Disgraced, Blind Prophet Warns Buhari / Living Faith Church Is 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.