Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,348 members, 7,888,113 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:37 PM

Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? (12519 Views)

Do People Still Cross From. Libya. To. Spain / How Do People React When You Say You Are Nigerian? / Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by blackspade(m): 6:54am On Nov 11, 2008
r_o_b_b_y:
please where did u stay? or are you just flowing with the chorus?
I was being ironic on purpose (sarcasm), but this is the internet, and sarcasm is extremely hard to pick up here, so sorry if I offended you, and anyone else in this thread. I have relatives in London that live in Tottenham, Peckham, and Woolwich, and I spent a few weeks in Tottenham just this February. Tottenham has too many housing estates for my comfort, but it wasn't a bad experience. The reasons I really like London is because of the vast arrays of architecture it has, and the ethnic diversity the city has. It's a gem.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by OneNaija(m): 2:03pm On May 07, 2009
One Question I will love to ask those Londoner.What has London done to you? Are you selling Akara or Cleaning the streets of London.Yet you come back home begging for where to stay in Nigeria because you foolishly waste your time in another man country thinking that place is heaven.You are only fully yourself.Go watch youtube you will see how Nigerians Abroad finding money to come back Home. Those Londoner are greedy and selfish if you ask me.They want A nice place to stay and they don't want to work toward it.We call that Azetour in Ghana language that are you few Nigerians In London are.You can say whatever you like to me.I will still call your Nigerians in London fools and you must continue to be fool.I have travel to many Countries even in Asia.See Nigerians always proud of their country when they are there but Londoner Nigerians they will continue to be fools. Insult me but you will get more Insult from me.stupid fools. I dislike you london Nigerians believe me I believe there is few who is good but I know almost all of them are stupid if you know yourself write it down I am waiting for you Idiot.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by ikeyman00(m): 5:21pm On May 07, 2009
hahha
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by OneNaija(m): 6:05pm On May 07, 2009
@ikeyman00 I know say you be correct.those Londoner dey make me vex sometime.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by ikeyman00(m): 7:51pm On May 07, 2009
u seen that young chick sayin she got food posion in lagos'

she even posted some pic of bat in a plate

hahhhahha na food posion no de for london

who in naija no know about hygine, na poverty makes cray-fish bend nan
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by surface(f): 8:51am On May 08, 2009
I really love london becos ordinary cleaner can earn what a banker earns in nija,omo men london sweet o grin
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by OneNaija(m): 9:33am On May 08, 2009
Yes the same thing goes to IV,Ikoyi,Lagos.It is cool to me Neat and Lovely and we have the best Governor money cant buy.I love Naija and I dey represent anywhere anytime.No Negative talk about Lagos anymore.Deal.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by ikeyman00(m): 4:49pm On May 08, 2009
naija

keep the flagin flyin

one day those morons still have to dddiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!!! obj, bu, u name

they will allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

make way for true soldiers like fashola

the north hmmm will soon know what the time is, cuz na so much illeteratecy will counter-effect their steady grip and sturburness in power

the igbos will now display the true niaja spirit the yorubas and the hausa are lackin

one day, i repeat one day, the time shall come,

but for now, let the ghana must go keep their game tight, that makes them like they are having fun!! huraaaayy,

let the yorubas and the hausa runnin nigeria like its theirs, kano-lagos rail way, when more people die on lagos-onitsha-ibadan way than hiv, when women die in course of labour huh

watch out!!!
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Dotman01(m): 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2009
Look at u!!! D topic is why do people disrespect london, and u're talkin bout how hausas and yorubas are ruling, and if u dnt know there're lot of igbos in 9gerian govt, so dem dey chop am 2geda. May be u need to come bak to 9ja and see urself. PLS DONT START A TRIBAL WAR FOR HERE O! angry angry angry
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by ideas78: 11:21am On Jul 23, 2009
All of you talk about London hen hmmmmmmmmmmm

Has anyone been to Shenzhen in China ??

A lovely place to be no need to disrespect a place every place on earth has her own good or bad. London was never the way it is today 200 years ago, so also is Nigeria same number of years ago.

If the present generations of Nigerian leader are incapable of making a good nationhood out of naija as we are seen today another generation will.

Malaysia one of the fastest growing industrialized nation of the world did not start big.

So lets keep up the hope to make Nigeria a better place.

I am very happy for the consciousness of the present Naija youths, they are really awake to the concepts of what makes a country great, i strongly believe we can make our country great again.

, for now
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by justwise(m): 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2009
ikeyman00:

naija

keep the flagin flyin

one day those morons still have to dddiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!!! obj, bu, u name

they will allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

make way for true soldiers like fashola

the north hmmm will soon know what the time is, cuz na so much illeteratecy will counter-effect their steady grip and sturburness in power

the igbos will now display the true niaja spirit the yorubas and the hausa are lackin

one day, i repeat one day, the time shall come,

but for now, let the ghana must go keep their game tight, that makes them like they are having fun!! huraaaayy,

let the yorubas and the hausa runnin nigeria like its theirs, kano-lagos rail way, when more people die on lagos-onitsha-ibadan way than hiv, when women die in course of labour huh

watch out!!!

Big fool
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by justwise(m): 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2009
OneNaija:

One Question I will love to ask those Londoner.What has London done to you? Are you selling Akara or Cleaning the streets of London.Yet you come back home begging for where to stay in Nigeria because you foolishly waste your time in another man country thinking that place is heaven.You are only fully yourself.Go watch youtube you will see how Nigerians Abroad finding money to come back Home. Those Londoner are greedy and selfish if you ask me.They want A nice place to stay and they don't want to work toward it.We call that Azetour in Ghana language that are you few Nigerians In London are.You can say whatever you like to me.I will still call your Nigerians in London fools and you must continue to be fool.I have travel to many Countries even in Asia.See Nigerians always proud of their country when they are there but Londoner Nigerians they will continue to be fools. Insult me but you will get more Insult from me.stupid fools. I dislike you london Nigerians believe me I believe there is few who is good but I know almost all of them are stupid if you know yourself write it down I am waiting for you Idiot.

U have a point but u have prob expressing it
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Afam4eva(m): 1:33pm On Jul 23, 2009
I've never been to this london but i just feel like i know everywhere there. I've never liked london because i feel they rip people off compared to america.

If i may ask which world class company like Mercedes, SONY, Mcdonalds, daewoo, toshiba etc do british people own. I've come to beleive that the british people are one of the most lazy, stingy and racist species i know.

The chance of making it in london is very slim.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by redsky1: 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2009
one naija - to insult Nigerians that live in London simply displays your ignorance. Most of my friends are qualified professionals and are Nigerian so please if the people you know in this London sell akara and clean the streets maybe you need to move in better social circles.

Having lived in Nigeria and London and spent some time in America as well, I find it astonishing that Nigerians try to compare anywhere in Nigeria with a developed country. Don't get me wrong I do not deny that i am Nigerian when I am asked and always show my 2 passports at immigration control here and in Nigeria. However, Nigerian need to stop being so bloody defensive whenever someone says anything negative about Nigeria and maybe look for ways to fix it.

I mean is it right that a nation cannot provide basic (AND I STRESS THE WORD BASIC) infrastructure for its citizens like water and electricity in 2009 - I find it very amusing when I am asked by relatives if it true that we get have "light" 24/7 365 days a year. I tell them yes, I personally don't understand the mindset or mentality of people back home, a country rich in natural resources and people cannot even afford to buy basic drugs when ill.

You complain about corruption but everyone wants to get into politics - why? to steal money now why else. I mean are you all getting into politics to build new schools and hospitals or incorporate a more accountable government - i doubt that very much. dash me this dash me that - is it not the same mentality - eating for what you have not worked for.

anyway - u stay insulting people - London is not heaven but neither is Nigeria.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2009
afam4eva:

I've never been to this london but i just feel like i know everywhere there. I've never liked london because i feel they rip people off compared to america.

If i may ask which world class company like Mercedes, SONY, Mcdonalds, daewoo, toshiba etc do british people own. I've come to beleive that the british people are one of the most[b] lazy, stingy and racist species [/b] i know.

The chance of making it in london is very slim.

How do u know that if u haven't been to london b4? Are u making any sense?
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by redsky1: 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2009
just wise leave them

thats how someone told me that palms is like lakeside and bluewater and oxford street, i just laughed inside. when you try and tell them how very wrong they are u start to see the complex come out - don't have time or energy for people with a complex.

I don't know how people who have not even see the tarmark of heathrow airport can say that they "heard" that london is like this london is like that - when u call them foolish they shout - its like me saying that I heard in sokoto that there is a tesco's that is open 24 hours - I have never been to sokoto so i know how stupid that sounds.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 23, 2009
ideas78:

All of you talk about London hen hmmmmmmmmmmm

Has anyone been to Shenzhen in China  + Shanghai n other wonderful places ??

A lovely place to be no need to disrespect a place every place on earth has her own good or bad. London was never the way it is today 200 years ago, so also is Nigeria same number of years ago.

Tell dem!
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Jul 23, 2009
redsky1:

just wise leave them

thats how someone told me that palms is like lakeside and bluewater and oxford street, i just laughed inside. when you try and tell them how very wrong they are u start to see the complex come out - don't have time or energy for people with a complex.

I don't know how people who have not even see the tarmark of heathrow airport can say that they "heard" that london is like this london is like that - when u call them foolish they shout - its like me saying that I heard in sokoto that there is a tesco's that is open 24 hours - I have never been to sokoto so i know how stupid that sounds.

Some Nigerians are funny, i just don't know how they start comparing london and Nigeria, i take it as a joke
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by redsky1: 1:57pm On Jul 23, 2009
just wise - maybe its cos the parts they visit are similar to Lagos. I can think of a few in South London.

anyway like i said b4 nowhere is perfect or heaven - but i would rather do my shopping in sainsburys or tescos then have to drag myself to a dirty market and have people touching my hand and hitting me with a flipping wheelbarow.

plus i would like to buy products that are not out of date and not have to spend half a day putting my own money in a bank - WTF is that about.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2009
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by justwise(m): 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2009
redsky1:

just wise - maybe its cos the parts they visit are similar to Lagos. I can think of a few in South London.

anyway like i said b4 nowhere is perfect or heaven - but i would rather do my shopping in sainsburys or tescos then have to drag myself to a dirty market and have people touching my hand and hitting me with a flipping wheelbarow.

plus i would like to buy products that are not out of date and not have to spend half a day putting my own money in a bank - WTF is that about.

Pple don't want to be honest, defending Nigeria will take us no where, lets tell the truth and face our probs.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by ayodotunsr: 11:24pm On Jul 28, 2009
Well, i've never see what's so special in London !
I rates London as the most useless city in the world.
when i first visited London in 2004, Oshodi lagos is more better than London. Especialy go to the East where i spent almost 4yrs and also go to Peckamp and stratford, u will realise that Nigeria is up there.
End of story,

Ayodotun Sr. (Atiroko)
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by noblegas2(m): 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2009
lol, its so sad seein enuf SELL-OUTS in dis place, if u like Defend london till u die & dont go home again, dats ur fuckin biz, well 4 all u Punk ass defendin london, i say Bleep All yur,
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by lucabrasi(m): 5:39am On May 25, 2011
lool
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by LondonCool(m): 9:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bumped
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
grin grin
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by worry359(m): 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
Three year old thread then LONDONFOOL resurects it!
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
^ grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
Can you compare London with any city in the USA or even Canada? Even Paris is better.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by LondonCool(m): 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
worry 359: Three year old thread then LONDONFOOL resurects it!

You need to stick to your medication.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by tck2000(m): 12:58pm On Jun 06, 2019
who

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sisa Travels And Tours - A Scam Agency. / Ibom Air: Akwa Ibom Airline To Launch – Governor Emmanuel / According To FRSC, These Are Traffic Rules For Use Of Bicycles On The Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.