Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,131 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:08 PM

Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? (12521 Views)

Do People Still Cross From. Libya. To. Spain / How Do People React When You Say You Are Nigerian? / Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by dblock(m): 10:02am On Feb 12, 2007
anabell:

whoever does not like london,should simply go back to nigeria ,u cannot be here and disrespect d place.

But that does not cover those who disrespect your beloved city and do not reside there grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Gawd Doe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, Less see you comeback from that one
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 7:52pm On Feb 15, 2007
alabiyemmy:

Even Nigerians disrespect their own country Nigeria and there aint no fuss about it, so what is the hue and cry about disrespecting London? What are you if you respect a foreign country much more than you respect your own country of birth irrespective of wether the country is great or not? It is a shame when you esteem your own country lower than you esteem another man's country where at the end of the day - u are a no person.
Ur response is always annoying. Let the truth be told, nigerians commonize London which is not fair! Naija has lost everything, no role model, politicians are a joke, leadership is a huge joke, power supply is non existent, no security or social service!!!!!!! Tell me alabiyemmy with all these, wetin be ur esteem. Abeg come London come enjoy life small, even though u go suffer small, but naija no be am at all.
Long live the Queen.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by alabiyemmy(m): 10:14pm On Feb 15, 2007
my response is always annoying because I dont agree with you - then u dont understand what life is all about - I dont need my responses to be pleasing to you, and I dont need to agree with your own opinion as u dont need to agree with mine - so, the more it annoys you, the better. Your country is "finished" according to you, and thus u ask "wetin be my esteem". I guess you are one of those who esteem living outside Nigeria to be a "bling" thing? I have lived in London for how many years? So dont tell me to come to London. I guess those who sweep and clean the streets in london but cant even lift a finger in Nigeria talk the way you talk.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 12:38am On Feb 17, 2007
alabiyemmy:

my response is always annoying because I don't agree with you - then u don't understand what life is all about - I don't need my responses to be pleasing to you, and I don't need to agree with your own opinion as u don't need to agree with mine - so, the more it annoys you, the better. Your country is "finished" according to you, and thus u ask "wetin be my esteem". I guess you are one of those who esteem living outside Nigeria to be a "bling" thing? I have lived in London for how many years? So don't tell me to come to London. I guess those who sweep and clean the streets in london but can't even lift a finger in Nigeria talk the way you talk.
No offence and disrespect. Bling or no bling, London is simply fantastic. I'm lovin it!!!
Long live the Queen!!! (Do you wish that 4 ur present president)
Cheers
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Radiant(f): 12:41am On Feb 17, 2007
Rofl. . ."London-advanced Lagos" Many Josephs around grin grin grin grin grin grin Omg! my tummy hurts sad smiley
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Badman888(m): 12:42am On Feb 17, 2007
Only cool thing about London to me is watch premiership games and all that, apart from that nothing special just advanced lagos as everyone calls it.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by 4Play(m): 12:47am On Feb 17, 2007
Long Live The Queen grin

All these U.K residents "dissing" U.K,surely the large prescence of Nigerians here indicates that there is something fundamentally wrong with Naija.To say this is not to repudiate my nationality but to affirm the obvious

Many people mistake narrow minded nationalism for reasoned comment.At the end of the day Nigeria is my home but I still resent its deplorable state

Long Live The Queen grin Great Brittania grin
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 1:00am On Feb 17, 2007
Radiant:

Rofl. . ."London-advanced Lagos" Many Josephs around grin grin grin grin grin grin Omg! my tummy hurts sad smiley
Pls for goodness sake, why are you guys giving the piss? i wont let anyone diss London o! Anyway, i think i know why you guys have a misconstrued impression of London. I guess most of you just visit peckham, brixton, clapham etc. Abeg make una try see other posh places and then keep SHUT.
Long live the Queen
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Radiant(f): 1:25am On Feb 17, 2007
gbeborun:

Please for goodness sake, why are you guys giving the piss? i wont let anyone diss London o! Anyway, i think i know why you guys have a misconstrued impression of London. I guess most of you just visit peckham, brixton, clapham etc. Abeg make una try see other posh places and then keep SHUT.
Long live the Queen

Oga Borun, did you actually understand my post?
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by adesodgi(m): 1:33am On Feb 17, 2007
Whats really goin on in here,are some nigerians giving glory to another mans country rather than there's.Mhen pls dont let me say ur killing ur hope for tomorrow.Cnt you cpme up to build it,u can never deny ur blood even if youmanage enought to deny your identity,
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by 4Play(m): 1:39am On Feb 17, 2007
@adesodgi

There is an argument to be made that it is not another man's country.We are making a living off living in Britain in the same way many Britons in the past ,present and possibly future have made fortunes off Africa

It is a great place to make a living and send some home for folks at home
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Radiant(f): 1:41am On Feb 17, 2007
Lagos is Lagos! London is London! All this long story and 'mumpy' patriotism should stop!
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by 4Play(m): 1:43am On Feb 17, 2007
@Radiant

You are right.Lagos is no way comparable to London.London is like a Premiership club(Man Utd) while Lagos is like a Conference side(Boston Utd)
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 2:04am On Feb 17, 2007
Radiant:

Oga Borun, did you actually understand my post?
Maybe i didnt get u, sorry no disrespect!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Radiant(f): 2:05am On Feb 17, 2007
gbeborun:

Maybe i didnt get u, sorry no disrespect!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's Ok! smiley
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 2:10am On Feb 17, 2007
This whole lot started with some guys some naija sayin some misguided statement about London, home is home, i totally agree. But take a look at the country, nothing seems to work, why if i may ask? An some ppl that have never travelled will open their mouths to say some rubbish. Misguided patriotism wont remedy this situation, people should stop refering to London as an advanced Lagos. kiss
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 2:11am On Feb 17, 2007
Radiant:

That's Ok! smiley
u r a darlyn!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Nobody: 3:18am On Feb 18, 2007
well, i stay in America with my family, and i think even though pound is more than dollar in conversion rate, but i can feed you and your entire family. am not a bastard that discribe is mother's land with a left hand.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by swing4real(m): 2:45pm On Feb 18, 2007
@mubowa,

Please can you just do me a favour? please don´t waste your time with these fools ok? just leave them to keep fooling around and bragging about another man´s land.

@gbeborun
I bet you newly came to London and the place still dey move you like person wan dey drunk.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 2:59pm On Feb 18, 2007
mubowa:

well, i stay in America with my family, and i think even though pound is more than dollar in conversion rate, but i can feed you and your entire family. am not a bastard that discribe is mother's land with a left hand.
It's very unfortunate, simple question "Why do people disrespect London?" why all this talk of you feeding ur entire family in nigeria? I dont care if you feed your family, that's none of my business. I wonder what you do in ur so called america (anyways i cant be bothered). I stand by my comments, nigeria cant be compared to england. If u call me a bastard for saying the truth, God is watching you. Afterall, Ribadu is trying real hard to purge the likes of you in naija. Pls be civil and dont resort to name callin and bitching ok! We are all free to express ourselves. Thanks and have a nice day. PS: Try to be civil
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 3:07pm On Feb 18, 2007
@gbeborun
I bet you newly came to London and the place still dey move you like person wan dey drunk.
[quote][/quote]
Bless u, i came to london just 5 days ago! (satisfied?) and yes, the place they shack me (abi). "Why do people disrespect London?" it's a very simple question; just answer in a civil manner instead of resorting to cheap blackmail. Pls i know u criss-cross naija by air just travel to Benin from Lagos, a journey of 300km takes you more than 7hrs to make, and if that doesnt break your heart, then i wonder what will. My point remains that Nigerians commonise things alot and are not appreciative. Agreed there's nothing special here, but the English people have done well for themselves, think we shld give them kudos for that. If London no favour you, it aint too late for you to go back. But pls dont diss. And no insults. Have a nice day and one love.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Nobody: 4:45am On Feb 24, 2007
mr gbeborun extra, maybe if youR donkey face dum ass follow up the thread from page one, u will know why i can feed you, your faMILY AND YOUR GENERATION TO COME
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by fatliar(m): 1:36am On Feb 25, 2007
its okay why d hatred ok Bleep london
thread closed ahah
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by fatliar(m): 12:24am On Feb 26, 2007
come whos changing my english

seun is it u
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Nobody: 1:47am On Feb 26, 2007
@fatliar, where you took that picture makes me remember 9ja, i missed home.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by fatliar(m): 10:50am On Feb 26, 2007
where you took that picture makes me remember Nigeria, i missed home.yeah dats yabatech such a beautiful place
av really missed home 2but 2 be sincere i dont feel like going back for now
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 11:25pm On Feb 26, 2007
mubowa:

mr gbeborun extra, maybe if youR donkey face dum ass follow up the thread from page one, u will know why i can feed you, your faMILY AND YOUR GENERATION TO COME
Wont trade words with you at all. I'm very content with what God has blessed me with and what He's doing in my life. I apologise Mr Bill Gates and Warren Buffet (since you're wealthier than both of them) but if you're not anyway near them, then i'm very sorry to dissappoint you COS U CANT FEED ME AND MY GENERATIONS to come. God bless you and i very much pray that He wont take what He has blessed you with cos of your mouth.
This is a forum to chat and not to exhibit any uncouth behaviour. Many thanks once again Mubowa and may the peace of the Lord be with you!!!!!!!
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Nobody: 2:22am On Mar 02, 2007
@fatliar, why dont you wanna go home soon? i choose to ignore the b-shitttttt that gbeborun is talking about
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 1:26pm On Mar 03, 2007
mubowa:

@fatliar, why don't you want to go home soon? i choose to ignore the b-shitttttt that gbeborun is talking about
Mubowa, how are you?
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by fatliar(m): 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2007
good i love dat one luv

lets stop beefing each other
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by spoilt(f): 7:20pm On Mar 13, 2007
i visited london and i loved it.planning another trip sef. where did u guys visit? the slums of london??
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 13, 2007
am fine mr gbeborun
what's going on mr fatliar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sisa Travels And Tours - A Scam Agency. / Ibom Air: Akwa Ibom Airline To Launch – Governor Emmanuel / According To FRSC, These Are Traffic Rules For Use Of Bicycles On The Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.