Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,126 members, 7,916,302 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 07:59 PM

Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? (12555 Views)

Do People Still Cross From. Libya. To. Spain / How Do People React When You Say You Are Nigerian? / Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 10:35pm On Mar 13, 2007
spoilt:

i visited london and i loved it.planning another trip sef. where did u guys visit? the slums of london??
Correct chic, very correct. dunno london slum o! i live in Chelsea
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 10:36pm On Mar 13, 2007
mubowa:

am fine mr gbeborun
what's going on mr fatliar
you've been away for a while now. hope u r doing gud? like to know ya
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2007
why
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Blow(m): 4:23pm On Mar 14, 2007
Zed

I love & respect Lagos.

London is a place I admire.
It's a prestigious city,

My friend who was there late last year
has many good things to say about the
place.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2007
Blow:

Zed

I love & respect Lagos.

London is a place I admire.
It's a prestigious city,

My friend who was there late last year
has many good things to say about the
place.

Nice one bruv, that's the truth
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2007
mubowa:

why
no hard feelings, just curious
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Cyclone5(m): 5:55pm On Mar 14, 2007
London is a great melting pot of all sorts of good and bad things. Great opportunities but also really dastardly and dishonest characters. Its ok but it aint all that.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by kliverpool(m): 6:38pm On Mar 14, 2007
why the comparism?
potentially Nigeria has what it take to be number one in the world.

but where are we today,the level of poverty is so  high,joblessness,area boys,nepa wahala,ijaw youth,opc.20 naira police,cultism in higher institution,our lovely girls are now ARISTOS,419,corruption a nation where number 2man can go to BBC and say i took some money but i have returned it.
a nation where number ONE man is number one tourist.with nothing to show 4 it.
See i love this country but we can not hide or pretend that every thing is OK with us as a nation.
where England is today 100years i don't think we can get to that stage,which is very sad.
let us stop pretending that Nigeria is OK when every thing is going wrong.
Or how will u explain nation that has oil and sell crude oil to buy finished product,what is happening to AJAOKUTA.
we don't need prayers God will not come down to help us,we need to take action our leaders are our problem,until we can stand up ask questions and take our future into our hands they will not let us enjoy our father land.
THINK ABOUT IT
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by pisces20: 6:53pm On Mar 14, 2007
Mr. Gbeborun i think i understand where you're coming from. London cannot be compared to Lagos (let's face reality). I'm sure if i was to give every1 here free visa and air ticket to London u'll all be willing to go (including critics). Naija is f**kd up thanks to our leaders all they want to do is embezzle our money for their own selfish interest. Even though i'm proud to be Nigerian i still prefer London but if i have the power i'll make Nigeria a better place to be.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by choongtin(f): 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2007
exuseeeeeee me no one disrespect london yer cuz it is way way way way way way better than lagos if u r bored, nd wah do u mean lodnon is boring then u must be dizzy bare bare places for you to go to man clubs cinemas and soooooooooooooooooooo many places u cn never get bored in london man r u dizzy nigeria is 222 boring and most people in nigeria are just too ignornat and sorry to say but stupid kmt big up london especially souf east braaaap braaap!! all haterz duck
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 14, 2007
@gbeborun, curious about the fact that i can have a big mouth sometimes and sometimes be simple and nice. it only depend on the way people give it to me. how are u today
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by BlackMamba(m): 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2007
The much I know about this London of a place is a song I learned in my elementary school, "London bridge is falling down". Of course I don't know what happened to the bridge, as I dropped out of elementary. Did they put up a new bridge? Nuff respect to London and all Naija Londoners in this forum.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by LiquidMind(m): 8:24pm On Mar 14, 2007
Even our leaders send there children to live and study in London

Think About That,
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by TheOne2(m): 9:56pm On Mar 14, 2007
The guys that accuse people of disrespecting London are guilty of the same offence concerning Lagos. Yes London is a good place, NO DOUBTING THAT. If you compare London and Lagos infrastructure-wise, London beats Lagos hands down. But have you ever asked yourself why honest Nigerians who have the money to go to London every week chose to stay in Nigeria? Having lived in the UK for a while now (I'm in graduate school), I can say the place is just not living up to all the effizy that "Londoners" put up when they go home nor the myth that I can make a better life for myself here.

This system is one that ensures that most of what you earn goes back into the system and personally that is my problem with it. I like money in my pocket to do what I like with (to grow it and get out of the rat race I mean). I personally can not live in the UK because it just doesn't tally with my aspirations. Again, I know some Nigerians have made it good in the UK but truth be told, majority of brothers are involved in vocations that they'll say are beneath them if offered to them in Nigeria. I think it's a waste for skilled people to be salesmen at ASDA, McDonalds, to be early morning cleaners and stuff all because of the POUND!!

My personal observation is that it is people that are unable to crack Nigeria that mouth all the rubbish that Nigeria is bad. We can admit that it is tough to get positioned for a good life in Nigeria but that's where the law of natural selection comes into play. Only the best get to crack it and others have to move on to more favorable climes and there's no problem with that. Just don't turn around and start saying rubbish about Nigeria all because you've got a £6/hr job in the UK. And before all the London apologists start with the "leg/runs" argument, let me tell you that that is in the past. In the job market of today in Nigeria, for the most part, MERIT RULES. I can tell you that in my graduating class there is NOBODY that I know of that doesn't have an OK job and most are in the same Nigeria. A significant number are in the bracket termed "high-earning". A whole class of 70 people cannot all be using "leg" now my people!! Maybe when you guys ran away it wasn't the case but please don't sit in London and expect to know what is actually happening on ground in Nigeria.

In conclusion: Londoners, please enjoy your London but PLEASE don't disrespect our Nigeria. Some of us can still make a decent life in the country.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Coleslove: 9:57pm On Mar 14, 2007
@ gbeborun

Oh Yea of little faith!!! Where has thou put thy faith. I guess if your dad could not afford to sponsor you to school you should as well disown him. Definately No!!!

Nigeria will be better and i have strongly lived for this dream and would be a party to such revolution. I was born out the shores of this place, got back to my homeland Nigeria and faced a lot of shits and have seen so wrong things, but you know what Rome was not built in a day!!! I have my short-comings in Nigeria but you still know what? "Monkey no fine but the mother like am" Nigeria is Corrupt, Nigeria is sick and all what. I still love it and will definately live to see the change, not only see, but be part of the change. Then, i hope you would not be lost out of this great happening.

You and I can flush out the bad trends and bring in new ones. We don not have to run away from our responsibility by going Abroad, where you are nothing and will always be a stranger. Lets make this nation what it ought to be.

LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA!!!
cOlEsLoVe
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by whiteroses(f): 11:21pm On Mar 14, 2007
@gbeborun why are you defending england like that's the only hopeful place and dissing us brothers and sisters because of england, you forgoteen we're supposed to stick together. i surprise at this post because them english people put a little sweat in your life like tax, racism, hatred, call you names @ your back, some of them don't even think you are anything still you are repping this place, but i can't blame you only God knows what some people's eyes have seen in naija so throw all the dirt you want about naija but remember some of us base there and we're happier. peace out. to answer you question people disrespect london because that's the last thing they could do after all the bullsh** they tolerate in england so let them disrespect if they want. i know you like london but some of us made it in naija so don't hate: participate
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by anabell(f): 11:31pm On Mar 14, 2007
when u talk medical lyolondon is by far better than nigeria, i love nigeria dont get me wrong but london is better, y i say dis then in nigeria, i had a car accident which affected my internal organ do u no they could not treat me in our so called nigeria, if my dad did not have d means to fly me here, i would have been dead.so people never diss this place, if u dont like d place u can stay back home
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by anabell(f): 11:43pm On Mar 14, 2007
nobody is dissing nigeria, people are just sayin d truth about nigerian govrt, dat they are killin nigeria, i no so many top nigerian govrtchildren skoolin here in d uk if nigeria was so good they would have left their children back home, trust me i no so many of them in my skool.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by anabell(f): 11:47pm On Mar 14, 2007
i love london cos d doctors here saved my life
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by whiteroses(f): 11:50pm On Mar 14, 2007
@annabel i feel your story about car accident i'm glad you are ok now
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by busygirl(f): 11:51pm On Mar 14, 2007
I live in london, but no matter how long i stay here, "GREEN IS MA HOME".
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Leps05(m): 2:36am On Mar 15, 2007
i lived in London for 6year it was great. But, you can't be bashing Lagos. There is crime everywhere; I've seen people get robbed on the D.C. Metro, some kids car-jacked my co-worker this year, and you don't want to see the crack-heads on the bus.the list goes on and on. Don't get me wrong, D.C. is nice but has a dark-side too.Nigeria is only 46years old, i believe we will get there someday.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by zillonnair(m): 11:00am On Mar 15, 2007
I feel sorry for some folks, you keep complaining of the Nigeria you see today, let me remind you, that was what your fathers did in their time, to be a citizen of any country, you have to take up the responsibilities of the future of the Nation whether or not you agree.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by oge4real(f): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2007
@Gbeborun,
I wish I could send u a copy of the map of Nigeria so u could locate ur way whenever u decide to leave ur slavemasters and return HOME.it's really obvious say U DON LOSS KPATAKPATA! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by Amiga(f): 6:59pm On Mar 15, 2007
Whatever sh*t you talk about naija it's still your home 4eva - sorry you can't change that
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by rock2(m): 8:10pm On Mar 15, 2007
Gbeborun just expressed his own opinion and what he thinks is better for him and everybody's dissing him. What works for one may not work for the other. Probably, London has been nicer to him than Nigeria.

For all those who want to change Nigeria, remember that some people have died in the process without achieving anything. Don't kill yourself for nothing. Just try to discover your own purpose and don't force yourself on what you're not meant to do.

To all the Naija lovers, what have you done to better your country? Nigeria is what it is today because of the kind of people Nigerians are. When Nigerians change, Nigeria will change too.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by LiquidMind(m): 8:13pm On Mar 15, 2007
Nigeria is a blood sucker,  it is sucking the blood of it citizens dry like mosquito

Sorry, I don't mean to disrespect Nigerians

But i see the govt enjoying the oil money as they desire without considering the poor,
Offspring of viper

FVCK SH1T,  I  HATE NIGERIA     shocked    shocked     shocked       shocked
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2007
@mubowa,
yea, like an enigma. sometimes you sound so sweet and the next minute u they hala for person head
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by gbeborun(m): 8:56pm On Mar 15, 2007
thanks for ur criticism, u guys just dont undastand me, all i want is for Nigerians to give England some credit. imagine some1 saying that London is boring and exactly like Lagos. Common, dont give me that b*shit, Nigeria will always be my country. But anywhere i find my peace and happiness i call home.
P.S: Some1 once called me a bastard for standing up for England, but i dont care, cos i'm saying the truth
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by whiteroses(f): 11:47pm On Mar 15, 2007
@gbeborun, ok i understand when you said where ever you find peace and happines is your home, cool do what's best for you. i mean if you are not happy with the situation in nigeria now you don't have to come and live there, just stay where you feel safe there is nothing more important than that.
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by fatliar(m): 12:03am On Mar 16, 2007
hey tope whats up am talking 2 ya whiteroses
Re: Why Do People 'Disrespect' London? by whiteroses(f): 12:11am On Mar 16, 2007
hey fatliar how you know my name

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kenya Visa Needed / One Dead, Nine Injured In Ondo Road Accident / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 20)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.