Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,062 members, 7,970,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:09 AM

For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? (26000 Views)

A Touching Story About Love ( Will Make You Cry ) / How I Pranked A Girl That Wanted To Chop My Money - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / She Came With 3 Friends To Meet Me At The Eatery - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by chika98: 2:34am On Feb 28, 2010
justwise:

Just wanted to know if u got ANY serious reason to fall inlove with his money rather than his personality or looks.

Why ask a question when you've already butchered, staked and knifed what I had to say? Surely you weren't asking to know any reasons were you? If so, then you would have worded your reply a tad differently
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by THEAMAKA(f): 2:36am On Feb 28, 2010
you insecure guys keep driving this thread out of context.
can you marry a jobless man? NO. how does that translate to being a gold-digger and being money hungry?
so love alone puts food on the table, pays the bills, takes care of the kids? really? SINCE WHEN?  shocked why would a man that has no source of income even consider getting married in the first place? or is there something that I'm missing here?
just because you say you can't marry a jobless man doesn't make you an automatic gold-digger.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by justwise(m): 2:39am On Feb 28, 2010
When i read ur post 2 things spring to mind, (a) maybe u are joking (b) that ur defination of love is money, hence my 1st question and ur reply says it all.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by justwise(m): 2:42am On Feb 28, 2010
THE AMAKA:

can you marry a jobless man? NO. how does that translate to being a gold-digger and being money hungry?
so love alone puts food on the table, pays the bills, takes care of the kids? really? SINCE WHEN? shocked why would a man that has no source of income even consider getting married in the first place? or is there something that I'm missing here?
just because you say you can't marry a jobless man doesn't make you an automatic gold-digger.

Did u read her 1st post? She said she wouldn't even marry a man who makes less than her. When has making less money equal to joblessness?
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by THEAMAKA(f): 2:43am On Feb 28, 2010
^^^
i wasnt only talking to you, others too.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by justwise(m): 2:45am On Feb 28, 2010
THE AMAKA:

^^^
i wasnt only talking to you, others too.

But the point u raised got nothing to do with where i'm coming from. The topic was about a man not having a job and not about making less money.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by 0hsisi: 3:25am On Feb 28, 2010
THE AMAKA:

so love alone puts food on the table, pays the bills, takes care of the kids? really? SINCE WHEN? shocked why would a man that has no source of income even consider getting married in the first place? or is there something that I'm missing here?

Thank you!
A jobless man should spend his time looking for a job not looking for love
no job, no love
simple
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by 0hsisi: 3:32am On Feb 28, 2010
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naija girls and women tire me oooooo. one time una go say una dey near 30 year and no husband. Another time una go say d man must to got job.

Watin una want!!!!!!!!!? Make una just talk am out say na money we wan marry not husband. Thats is why men dey treat una like nonsense. you wen be woman and man, most of una na graduate o. make man wen be graduate find job. you wen be graduate nkor? abi nor be work make you go school? if the work easy to find why you do find man when get work? Na this make am say I can never sorry for girl or woman wen say e dey find husband. Na lie. Na man wen e go chop him money nai e dey find. make una bear watin una see o. Little bird wen nor fit fly today go fly one day.

Kitikpa rachaa kwa gi anya dia!
how can you equate a woman wanting a man with a job to her wanting money
who doesn't want money if I may even ask
who wants a jobless suitor?
what will he use to marry the wife? donations or what
Is that not a shameful thing
that a man can't even marry his own wife properly like a man
what's next?
he'll move her in with his parents
beg for money to food and pay the maternity after his wife delivers a baby
beg around for similac to feed the poor baby
he may even have to beg his fellow men to help him impregnate his wife sef since he's now a professional beggar
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by chika98: 3:34am On Feb 28, 2010
0hsisi:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kitikpa rachaa kwa gi anya dia!

how can you equate a woman wanting a man with a job to her wanting money
who doesn't want money if I may even ask
who wants a jobless suitor?
what will he use to marry the wife? donations or what
Is that not a shameful thing
that a man can't even marry his own wife properly like a man
what's next?
he'll move her in with his parents
beg for money to food and pay the maternity after his wife delivers a baby
beg around for similac to feed the poor baby
he may even have to beg his fellow men to help him impregnate his wife sef since he's now a professional beggar

Owu otu onye iberibe ji si na m di after ego nwoke mmadu maka na m si anaghim alu onye na akpata obere ego.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Nobody: 3:36am On Feb 28, 2010
Hell no!!!!

6-figure or higher, anything lower is an insult. wtf?
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by 0hsisi: 3:44am On Feb 28, 2010
chika98:

Owu otu onye iberibe ji si na m di after ego nwoke mmadu maka na m si anaghim alu onye na akpata obere ego.

My dear don't mind these people
A woman should pray that her man makes more than her
Nigerian men  in particular  can't handle  a woman that earns more,their sumtins lose 2 inches in length and width grin
Please stick to your convictions but don't forget to look at potentials wink
A man  that may not be making much today but obviously has the potentials to make a lot more, is also an excellent catch (of course with the other qualities you want in a guy) wink
But whatever you do,never ever walk down the aisle with a man without a job
Your mother will faint for you wink
the other men you should flee from are those ones that tell you they are "doing business" and will soon hit it big
Their containers full of merchandise are on the high sea
yet they are borrowing money from you to buy things they need

Please run far far away.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by chika98: 3:47am On Feb 28, 2010
0hsisi:

My dear don't mind these people
A woman should pray that her man makes more than her
Nigerian men  in particular can't handle a woman that earns more
Please stick to your convictions but don't forget to look at potentials
A man  that may not be making much today but obviously has the potentials to make a lot more, is also an excellent catch (of course with the other qualities you want in a guy)
But whatever you do,never ever walk down the aisle with a man without a job
Your mother will faint for you wink
the other men you should flee from are those ones that tell you they are "doing business" and will soon hit it big
Their containers full of merchandise are on the high sea
yet they are borrowing money from you to buy things they need

Please run far far away.

Ima si ndi iberibe juru ebea. I completely agree with what you've got to say.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by 0hsisi: 3:53am On Feb 28, 2010
chika98:

Ima si ndi iberibe juru ebea. I completely agree with what you've got to say.

kiss
Don't marry a man beneath you
You'll regret it
I have seen it happen
Go and check out the broken Nigerian marriages in this America ,most of the time it's a high earning wife and an underachieving husband.
A man decides to drive cab for years on end,he goes home and marries a nurse.Few years down the line ,she's making twice his annual salary
Katakata will start.

He has to be as educated as you  are , preferably more
He has to earn at least as much as you ,preferably more
I'm not saying a woman should leave her husband if he loses his job or she starts earning more than he does
far be it from me
But from the get go,he needs to wear the pants like a man and being financially superior at the time of marriage will place him where he ought to be if not you may have a very insecure man in your hands that'll overcompensate his insecurities by being abusive and intimidating.
That's the way it normally goes.
Be wise
Choose carefully. Weed off the psychos and weed off the jobless and lazy grin
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by chika98: 3:57am On Feb 28, 2010
0hsisi:

kiss
Don't marry a man beneath you
You'll regret it
I have seen it happen
He has to be as educated as you are , preferably more
He has to earn at least as much as you are,preferably more
I'm not saying a woman should leave her husband if he loses his job or she starts earning more than he does
far be it from me
But from the get go,he needs to wear the pants like a man and being financially superior at the time of marriage will place him where he ought to be if not you may have a very insecure man in your hands that'll overcompensate his insecurities by being abusive and intimidating.
That's the way it normally goes.
Be wise
Choose carefully. Weed off the psychos and weed off the jobless grin

I think that is the worst thing to do actually. Marry a man who is not educationally and intellectually up to par. I believe a man has to be educationally smarter than his woman. I once dated this guy who studied Engineering at UCL and quite frankly if nothing his eloquence speaks volumes and still does till date. Nothing beats having a man one can look up to. Again, I agree with what you've said. Mgbe m huru onye ahu then I will settle down otherwise kam were anyam gbara owem xmas. Umu nwoke di iberibe juru ebe n'ile these days.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by 0hsisi: 4:05am On Feb 28, 2010
chika98:

I[b] think that is the worst thing to do actually. Marry a man who is not educationally and intellectually up to par. I believe a man has to be educationally smarter than his woman.[/b] I once dated this guy who studied Engineering at UCL and quite frankly if nothing his eloquence speaks volumes and still does till date. Nothing beats having a man one can look up to. Again, I agree with what you've said. Mgbe m huru onye ahu then I will settle down otherwise kam were anyam gbara owem xmas. Umu nwoke di iberibe juru ebe n'ile these days.

It is very common in this place
Look at the average nurse in this America,what do their husbands do?
Drive cabs, work in warehouses, prison wardens,grocery store workers etc.
Some of these men contented with these dead end jobs are even married to doctors and of course many of those marriages don't last
By the time the girl stabilizes herself professionally,she will be ashamed to be seen in public with the man or tell her friends what he does.
I have seen it.
Some can't even construct a common sentence in English without one wondering if they were speaking in English or their native Mbano dialect grin
Poor woman will be feeling humiliated every time her husband Ebenezer opens his mouth to talk in public
Life is too short to marry a man you're not proud of,don't even dare.

1 Like

Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by chika98: 4:07am On Feb 28, 2010
0hsisi:

It is very common in this place
Look at the average nurse in this America,what do their husbands do?
Drive cabs, work in warehouses, prison wardens,grocery store workers etc.
Some are even married to doctors and of course many of those marriages don't last
By the time the girl stabilises herself professionally,she will be ashamed to be seen in public with the man or tell her friends what he does.
I have seen it.
Some can't even construct a common sentence in English without one wondering if they were speaking in English or their native Mbano dialect grin
Poor woman will be feeling humiliated every time her husband Ebenezer opens his mouth to talk in public
Life is too short to marry a man you're not proud of,don't even dare.

He heeeeeeeeeeee! I don die with laugh. There is this guy here who when he speaks English yet it sounds like Igbo even though he is speaking English o! kai! That is something else I swear. Enwere onye nke sim na ona aru na factory campbell soup. Oso atam n'ukwu grin grin grin
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by Nobody: 4:13am On Feb 28, 2010
I would have to REALLY be inlove with this man, and I must also have the ability to trust that he would take care of the house duties while I am working. I mean the system would REALLY have to be against him getting a job (economic crisis resulting in lay offs) or he must be injured for me to accept that. If either is the case and he is loving then I would do for him, I am not shallow.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by 0hsisi: 4:17am On Feb 28, 2010
chika98:

He heeeeeeeeeeee! I don die with laugh. There is this guy here who when he speaks English yet it sounds like Igbo even though he is speaking English o! kai! That is something else I swear. Enwere onye nke sim na ona aru na factory campbell soup. Oso atam n'ukwu grin grin grin

Biko gba wa nno
Ike a gwu kwa la gi grin
Ma ndi n'aru na candy factory ma ndi n'aru security without papers sef

The annoying part is that these men will be spending the woman's money like no man's business
There's one I know here.
When they bought a house, he won't let us drink water and keep cup, yet we all know his wife is the one feeding him
Lazy man with 3 abi 4 kids,calls himself a business man, in his head I suppose
He even has a business (complimentary ) card grin
Instead of him to enter school and study something and find a real job, everytime he takes a trip to Nigeria, perambulating all over the place like a lunatic instead of getting a job
Call his house at 1PM in the afternoon (hoping to leave a msg),he picks up the phone
what normal man is home at 1PM
He should thank his stars he married a wife like that his wife who has decided to be a beast of burden,working like Jackie
I would have kicked him out a long time ago
I don't know how a man with hands and feet can get away with this sort of thing.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by chika98: 4:23am On Feb 28, 2010
0hsisi:

Biko gba wa nno
Ike a gwu kwa la gi grin
Ma ndi n'aru na candy factory ma ndi n'aru security without papers sef

The annoying part is that these men will be spending the woman's money like no man's business
There's one I know here.
When they bought a house, he won't let us drink water and keep cup, yet we all know his wife is the one feeding him
Lazy man with 3 abi 4 kids,calls himself a business man, in his head I suppose
He even has a business (complimentary ) card grin
Instead of him to enter school and study something and find a real job, everytime he takes a trip to Nigeria, perambulating all over the place like a lunatic instead of getting a job
Call his house at 1PM in the afternoon (hoping to leave a msg),he picks up the phone
what normal man is home at 1PM
He should thank his stars he married a wife like that his wife who has decided to be a beast of burden,working like Jackie
I would have kicked him out a long time ago
I don't know how a man with hands and feet can get away with this sort of thing.

Awulam o! he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee heheeeeeeeeeeeee grin grin
And elekwanu onye di 36 ga n'agba ahu uforo? Osi ona acho i act movie soon. lol M chia ochi gbalaga. Imasi uduru ndi ahu wu ndi n'acho onye ga akwuru ha ugwo ulo. There's this dude my friend almost married and ima ihe osiri my friend " Eme ka m nye gi mortgage ka ikwutuwa"

Can you imagine nonsense? I know most of these men have nothing to do but to live off their wives ; tomorrow they will say she is insulting and all that crap! Akuko! Nwoke choro kam kwura ya ugwu ulo ebido beghi at all!
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by 0hsisi: 4:30am On Feb 28, 2010
chika98:

Awulam o! he heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee heheeeeeeeeeeeee grin grin
And elekwanu onye di 36 ga n'agba ahu uforo? Osi ona acho i act movie soon. lol M chia ochi gbalaga. Imasi uduru ndi ahu wu ndi n'acho onye ga akwuru ha ugwo ulo. There's this dude my friend almost married and ima ihe osiri my friend " Eme ka m nye gi mortgage ka ikwutuwa"

Can you imagine nonsense? I know most of these men have nothing to do but to live off their wives ; tomorrow they will say she is insulting and all that crap! Akuko! Nwoke choro kam kwura ya ugwu ulo ebido beghi at all!

Ara gbachikwe ya nti! grin
he wants her to begin paying the mortgage even before marriage
Thank God she ran away from the efulefu
If she starts paying mortgage as a girlfriend,what will happen after the wedding.
She may start changing her own oil and giving the cars major tune ups
Some men have no shame at all.
Imagine the likeness
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by chika98: 4:34am On Feb 28, 2010
0hsisi:

Ara gbachikwe ya nti! grin
he wants her to begin paying the mortgage even before marriage
Thank God she ran away from the efulefu
If she starts paying mortgage as a girlfriend,what will happen after the wedding.
She may start changing her own oil and giving the cars major tune ups
Some men have no shame at all.
Imagine the likeness

This girl is going to be a pharmacist soon o meanwhile bobo has nothing to show for it o! All in the name of ndi brother church. Ala kubie kwa ya nti!
Oweghi ihe mmadu n'agahi ahu n'ezu a o! Men out there are chaff these days kam gwa kwa gi
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by agabaI23(m): 4:35am On Feb 28, 2010
Okwuchara ya ugwo ulo, nke nwayi atuwa ya ime. He should carry the Pregnancy
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by member479760: 4:36am On Feb 28, 2010
THE AMAKA:

you [color=#990000]insecure guys keep driving this thread out of context.
so love alone puts food on the table, pays the bills, takes care of the kids? really? SINCE WHEN?  shocked why would a man that has no source of income even consider getting married in the first place? or is there something that I'm missing here?
just because you say you can't marry a jobless man doesn't make you an automatic gold-digger.[/color]

Referring to men condition as secure or insecure is unacceptable. No condition is permanent.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by chika98: 4:41am On Feb 28, 2010
agabaI23:

Okwuchara ya ugwo ulo, nke nwayi atuwa ya ime. He should carry the Pregnancy
Ihula nu isi okwu anyi. Nwoke hapu ime ihe ojiri wuru nwoke. Ike gwuru o!
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by member479760: 4:57am On Feb 28, 2010
chika98:

I think that is the worst thing to do actually. Marry a man who is not educationally and intellectually up to par. I believe a man has to be educationally smarter than his woman. I once dated this guy who studied Engineering at UCL and quite frankly if nothing his eloquence speaks volumes and still does till date. Nothing beats having a man one can look up to. Again, I agree with what you've said. Mgbe m huru onye ahu then I will settle down otherwise kam were anyam gbara owem xmas. Umu nwoke di iberibe juru ebe n'ile these days.

Most women I know with this you believe ends up with no man, at 40 reasonable men don’t need them, so they end up paying and begging to get intimacy.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by chika98: 5:02am On Feb 28, 2010
nakedall:

Most women I know with this you believe ends up with no man, at 40 reasonable men don’t need them, so they end up paying and begging to get intimacy. 

Don't worry about that. When I am 40 and still single; I surely won't be knocking at your door. Even you that can't complete a single sentence in English wants to yarn dust as well?? Kai I really need to quit coming to this romance section. A lot of people who post here are lacking in cognitive ability.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:02am On Feb 28, 2010
INSECURE!!!
there is a difference between losing your job after you are married, but trying to get married knowing you have no job (which equals no source of income and probably nothing in his savings account).
how do you intend on starting a family?
losing your job after marriage is totally different.

so you're saying you would get married if you were jobless? or what?
it just doesn't make sense at all! you people will come here and debate until heaven falls, but think about reality.
IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. PERIOD. POINT. BLANK.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by 0hsisi: 5:09am On Feb 28, 2010
THE AMAKA:

INSECURE!!!
there is a difference between losing your job after you are married, but trying to get married knowing you have no job (which equals no source of income and probably nothing in his savings account).
how do you intend on starting a family?
losing your job after marriage is totally different.

so you're saying you would get married if you were jobless? or what?
it just doesn't make sense at all! you people will come here and debate until heaven falls, but think about reality.
IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. PERIOD. POINT. BLANK.

No they want a woman to marry them in their stste of joblessness so they can come back here and open a thread about how the woman refused to give them enough pocket money
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by THEAMAKA(f): 5:15am On Feb 28, 2010
0hsisi:

No they want a woman to marry them in their stste of joblessness so they can come back here and open a thread about how the woman refused to give them enough pocket money
LMFAO!!! grin grin grin
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by chiogo(f): 5:22am On Feb 28, 2010
LOL seriously, you have no business getting married if you're jobless.

Like, really, that's retarded. grin
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by member479760: 5:35am On Feb 28, 2010
@ chika98

we gain nothing from emotion and overreacting.
Re: For Love Will You Marry A Jobless Man? by amosnaira: 5:53am On Feb 28, 2010
BEING JOBLESS IS RELATIVE. WHEN U ARE TALKING OF JOBLESSNESS, U CATEGORIZE IT. U CANNOT TELL OF SOMEBODY WHO REFUSED TO PASS THROUGH ANY FORM OF FORMAL EDUCATION, NO TRADE AND HANDWORK THEN U CALL THAT PERSON A JOBLESS PERSON, NO, IN THAT CASE U LOOK FOR ANOTHER NAME FOR IT. OR ARE U TALKING OF REGULAR JOBLESSNESS OF NIGERIAN GRADUATES? NIGERIAN GRADUATES ARE THE MOST JOBLESS SET OF PERSONS IN NIGERIA. I KNOW OF SOMEBODY WHO HAS FIRST AND SECOND DEGREES IN ACCOUNTING AND ALMOST THROUGH IN HIS ACCA EXAMS. BECAUSE THERE IS NO APPROPRIATE JOB FOR HIM HE DABBLED INTO TRADES. ALTHOUGH THE TRADE GIVES HIM GOOD MONEY BUT SOCIALLY, IT PUSHES AWAY THE RELEVANCE OF HIS TRAINING AND EDUCATION. I REMEMBER AN INSTANCE WHERE HE WAS TALKING TO ONE OF THESE OCEANIC BANK CONTRACT MARKETERS BUT THE GIRL TOLD HIM HE LACKS THE QUALITIES SHE NEEDED IN A MAN. WHAT ARE THESE QUALITIES? FOR ME, THE WAY I SEE THIS GUY, HE IS JOBLESS BECAUSE I RESPECT HIM MUCH , HE IS VERY INTELLIGENT AND HARD WORKING ONLY NO GOOD JOB THAT COMPLIMENTS IS EDUCATION AND TRAINING. NAIRALANDERS I DO NOT KNOW HOW U WILL CLASSIFY THIS SITUATION. IS HE JOBLESS?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Lie To Their Boyfriend Thay They Are Virgin? / These Caribbeans Hate Africans / On Saggy Boobs And 'loose' Vaginas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.