Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,359 members, 7,904,415 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 01:10 PM

I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) (6516 Views)

Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Modenine's Album (Da Davinci Mode!) Launch . . . . . . Twice! / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by abdurrazaq(m): 11:38am On Mar 02, 2010
khanye:

Bas.tard, i can feed you for a yr
Oloriburuku
Now that's a title to one of Modenine's Song grin grin
wengewenge:

na wa o, that oloriburuku line reminds me of the funny joe skippy and mc fatai. grin grin
That's a classic line man grin cheesy

10,000 copies of Malcom IX, that's unbelievable shocked cool That's a good sale considering the Popularity of M9 then and the general acceptability of his kind of rap

oNe grin cheesy
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 11:44am On Mar 02, 2010
javalove:

na wa ooooo. . .this year is a good year ooo. . .

imagine 2 bloody, original gbanko gbi!! haters entering the confession booth in less than 2 weeks. . .o ga ooo  grin grin

I've told you many times, I do not hate Modenine.
I just think M.I is better. . . full stop.

Everyone said I hated Jay-Z a year ago, but he released a rap-defining album and I promoted it like I did with L's My Ex.
Unlike you, everything I say on this section is for the love of music not for personal sentiments towards an artiste.
We all know sentiments mess with people's brains and forces them to be irrational. grin grin

slimshay:

Eldee, where do you put Trybesmen. Im inclined to believe they were the ones who first thought this way. Anywas sha not to take nuffin from the short black boy. But you need to stop that sounded like thing, that arguent has been flogged down, up, under and over here on NL.

I'm apologise. . . my mistake.
But you have to admit that the only people that where actually musically inclined in Trybesmen were Eldee and 2shot.

That said, M.I took it to a whole new level. . .he literally fought shows agaist the D'banjs and Terry Gs of this world.

oNe grin grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by javalove(m): 11:55am On Mar 02, 2010
i v heared the worst staement of 2010 too early. . .we just in march eldee. . .MI berra dan modenine. . .? ? ?. . .Go and ask MI himself, the day he says he is better is the day the Rap Genie in his bottle will leave, without giving him his 3 wishes grin grin grin cos both human and genies all know who da king is. . .
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tosinaded(m): 12:01pm On Mar 02, 2010
javalove:

i v heared the worst staement of 2010 too early. . .we just in march eldee. . .MI berra dan modenine. . .? ? ?. . .Go and ask MI himself, the day he says he is better is the day the Rap Genie in his bottle will leave, without giving him his 3 wishes grin grin grin cos both human and genies all know who da king is. . .

lmaoo, kill urself grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Krayola(m): 12:03pm On Mar 02, 2010
The best Naija rapper, IMHO, is dagrin. The rest na long story. . . . undecided
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tosinaded(m): 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2010
Krayola:

The best Naija rapper, IMHO, is dagrin. The rest na long story. . . . undecided

that one sef dey cheesy grin DaGrin is in a clss of his own
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Krayola(m): 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2010
Da grin na dem master. ALL OF THEM!!
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by javalove(m): 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2010
Krayola:

Da grin na dem master. ALL OF THEM!!

tin ba gba eti e fun e. . .wa ma ri stars. . . grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Krayola(m): 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2010
javalove:

tin ba gba eti e fun e. . .wa ma ri stars. . . grin

haha. Everybody know say u and modenine dey share blanket for night, so it's all good. grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by javalove(m): 12:34pm On Mar 02, 2010
person wey i neva see for my life b4
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by DBR: 12:37pm On Mar 02, 2010
eldee:

I've heard all of Modenine's albums, most of his mixtapes and his freestyles.
Each time this argument comes up, you guys recommend another song and I go listen to it . . .
Before now, no one had ever come out to say Modenine sounds like anybody else, why didn't all the non-Mode9 fans say he sounded like Lil wayne/M.I in all the other songs?? Why didn't we 'hear what we wanted to hear' back then.

Cos on Badman the BEAT was quite different, more southern, so it stood out.
But if u sayin this is the 1st time u'l hear M9 hoarse then u'v been listenin to sm1 else.
Same pple for waeva reason at a point said it aint just the voice but the rhyme pattern.
I had to refer them to Boom~~and point out to 'em that it was even the same lyrics on
Boom and same rhyme pattern~~only Boom was faster in tempo.
Also cos back then there was no M.i, so sayin he sound like him cuddnt have been possible.
Plus, note NOBODY ever said he sounds like Weezy on Badman, cos he doesnt
but they say M.i, meanwhile M.i sounds weezyish~~its just hillarious.

Maybe, we all had a meeting and randomly selected Badman of all the Modenine songs to question his originality on.
Is M9's originality in Q? Still in doubt of his originality i refer u to Faze grin grin grin
eldee:

DBR, you talk about seeing what we wanna see?? Hehehe . . . coming from someone that analyzed the Da Vinci Mode cover and saw ghosts of Da Vinci all over it grin grin
The last time i checked , i said U HEAR watya wanna hear. Dont misquote me o
U cannot delve into the world of sm artist of the 15th century in 2010 and not have the ghosty element to deal wit ~~now, can ya??
i think not grin grin

eldee:

oNe grin grin grin
grin grin grin tWo

oNe
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Krayola(m): 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2010
javalove:

person wey i neva see for my life b4

haha. E no mean nah. But e be like say u love the guy raps well well. Abi u want to deny that u are a modenine groupie. It's ok, Tosin is a saucekid groupie too.   tongue
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Genuflect(m): 1:59pm On Mar 02, 2010
Lol. This thread is funny as hell. Btw, how person go yearn say MI better pass Shege? How naw? As in, how naw? Lol
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Rhymstein(m): 3:27pm On Mar 02, 2010
Da grin is d best,my a§§, i no dey hear anything wey im dey talk, no message, na by pon pon pon, u ppl so hyped d guy dat i went to buy d cd n derived nuffin, so i shld start li stening to instrumentals n chorus, like if some bini dude rap ova gud beats n flowed well,as if u go call am best
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Krayola(m): 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2010
Rhymstein:

Da grin is d best,my a§§, i no dey hear anything wey im dey talk, no message, na by pon pon pon, u ppl so hyped d guy dat i went to buy d cd n derived nuffin, so i shld start li stening to instrumentals n chorus, like if some bini dude rap ova gud beats n flowed well,as if u go call am best

haha. U have a point. I don't argue when someone has a point that I think is valid.

But at the same time i doubt most nigerians understand what a lot of the wannabe yankee-rappers are saying in English. I'm not talking about the butta boys/girls that happen to be in touch with whats poppin in the west, i'm talkin about the average Naija boy/girl that ain't ever left da hood.
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Nobody: 3:42pm On Mar 02, 2010
Rhymstein:

Hey Dude,wat do u mean by dat line?
I don't get it n also if u don't understand Dagrin,u can pass it ova to sum1 who does n wuld probabily interpret.Good music is good music irrespective of the language or where it cums from,
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tavarez(f): 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2010
well Mr Eldee you dey yarn ohh.let me have the marketer that said that M.I sold 30,000 in 30 Mins, Ok Modenine is poor shey??What Does M.I have?or where has M.I gone that Modenine hasnt gone.stop trying to be blasphemous, sometimes i read your comments and i just laugh it off as some Ignorant Musing.Insult and i wont even talk back cuz.Truth has no other name, u get me?Modenine sold 10,000 copies of Malcom ixthats So ignorant, lemme give you some of modes collection points,

Channel o award Winner like 2

Sprite Emcee Africa Premiere judge with proverb

Channel o ambassador amarula 2007-2009

malcom ix,Pentium ix,E pluribus unum,Paradigm shift,09-09-09 mixtape,Kraftworks lost sessions mixtape,Mode over Premier Mixtape,

over 100 guest appearances on various albums and mixtapes{M, I dey catch up sha)

his show on Sound City

his OWN home studio

well these are just a few ,, Not to forget that he went on a tour of Europe,

im not trying to point out that hes rich but ant FOOL on this site that says 9 is poor is mentally Wretched himself.he has his own record outfit and doesnt have any Person eat off him.
{M.I pays 70% of all earnings to audu, and just had it adjusted to 50% off his upcoming album}.so please, dont come here and start chatting because you have internet access and u listen to naija music.and you can talk, Check facts,check things annd 1000000000000000000000000 opinions in favour of a lie doesnt make it the truth

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying Ikechukwu That Green Leaf feat Dbanj and Naeto C
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Genuflect(m): 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2010
Tavarez, could you up that Killz track? Been looking for it for a while
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by wengewenge: 7:43pm On Mar 02, 2010
Tavarez:

{M.I pays 70% of all earnings to audu, and just had it adjusted to 50% off his upcoming album

[size=18pt]ARE U SERIOUS?[/size]
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tavarez(f): 8:41pm On Mar 02, 2010
IM NOT EVEN KIDDING, AT ALLL, ITS A WELL KNOWN INDUSTRY DEAL CUZ APPARENTLY BEFORE HE DROPPED AN ALBUM CHOC CITY GAVE HIM A TOUR OF A FEW AFRICAN COUNTRIES CUZ AUDU MAIKORI<CEO>WON THE BRITISH COUNCIL YOUNG ENTREPRENUER OF THE YEAR THINK THAT WAS 2008 AND HE IS SIGNED TO A THREE ALBUM DEAL, BUT HE AND HIS BROTHER SET UP A PRODUCTION COMPANY CALLED RHYCHUS ERA WHICH IS ALSO AFFILIATED TO CHOC CITY FOR ANOTHER LUCRATIVE 50-50 DEAL, IT WASNT UP ON TILL NEW YEAR DAT MR INKREDIBLE BOUGHT HIS FIRST RIDE<WHICH I LOVE>CUZ I HATED TO SEE HIM RIDE AND SQUAT WITH DJINEE IN IKEJA, OHH HE GOT A CRIB IN PALMGROOVE AND GAVE ICE PRINCE A ROOM.SO PLEASE FIND OUT FACTS EHN

WE DO THIS FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying Alabai Feat Buzzman,Azadus Paul play and Lyrical undertaker-Wetin dey<Tribute to Fela Anikulapo kuti> embarassed embarassed sweet and sorrowful tune
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by wengewenge: 8:45pm On Mar 02, 2010
how does this affect good music , ? ?Mi is the best in nigeria at the moment jare. leave story
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 8:53pm On Mar 02, 2010
@Tavarez

Talk about ignorance . . . when did I ever say Modenine is poor??
Scratch that, did I ever imply that Modenine was poor?? Is this what I get for deciding to reply posts from imbecilic retards like you??
M.I is the first person that will tell you he's was broke.
You read my comments, I never read yours, you're just a silly groupie.

Modenine sold 10,000 copies of Malcom ixthats So ignorant

I don't pity you, it's the poor man that thinks his son actually gained sumn from high school I pity.
You keep dropping stuff that only you know where you got it from, pub gist and B.S like that, I'm pointing to Modenine's self written Myspace profile and you're here spewing fuckery.

If M.I and his record label says he sold 30,000 in half an hour, why shouldn't I believe him??

@Javalove
It's an opinion, I think M.I is a better artiste than Modenine.
Most music critics agree with that, I won't stay here and argue with a groupie. grin grin

Mr 'I hope to have a dinner with him one day' grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Fred87(m): 8:55pm On Mar 02, 2010
@tavares u too much 4 d lecture.i hail bros.
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by wengewenge: 8:55pm On Mar 02, 2010
eldee:

@Tavarez

Talk about ignorance . . . when did I ever say Modenine is poor??
Scratch that, did I ever imply that Modenine was poor?? Is this what I get for deciding to reply posts from imbecilic retards like you??
M.I is the first person that will tell you he's was broke.
You read my comments, I never read yours, you're just a silly groupie.

I don't pity you, it's the poor man that thinks his son actually gained sumn from high school I pity.
You keep dropping stuff that only you know where you got it from, pub gist and B.S like that, I'm pointing to Modenine's self written Myspace profile and you're here spewing fuckery.

If M.I and his record label says he sold 30,000 in half an hour, why shouldn't I believe him??

@Javalove
It's an opinion, I think M.I is a better artiste than Modenine.
Most music critics agree with that, I won't stay here and argue with a groupie. grin grin

Mr 'I hope to have a dinner with him one day' grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[size=38pt]LMFAO[/size]
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by javalove(m): 9:05pm On Mar 02, 2010
@eldee

when u used the word "most", sometimes it annoys me, cos u use it stupidly. . .u have ended d debate by saying its ur opinion but speaking for faceless critics is what i wont take. . .

i berra have a lovely dinner with 9 than him. . . grin grin grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2010
DBR:

Cos on Badman the BEAT was quite different, more southern, so it stood out.
But if u sayin this is the 1st time u'l hear M9 hoarse then u'v been listenin to sm1 else.
Same pple for waeva reason at a point said it aint just the voice but the rhyme pattern.
I had to refer them to Boom~~and point out to 'em that it was even the same lyrics on
Boom and same rhyme pattern~~only Boom was faster in tempo.
Also cos back then there was no M.i, so sayin he sound like him cuddnt have been possible.

I've heard M9 hoarse before, I've never heard him sound like M.I.
We can't keep dragging this as I said. . .

We are restricted by our descriptive abilities, pick up any M.I song and pick up any Modenine song and you'll see this.
I've asked everyone I can and it's usually a first-instance admission I get.

Before M.I, no one ever said Modenine sounded like anyone else, there were other rappers we could have pinned it on if I was that desperate.
Y'all just have the opinion that the world is against M9.

DBR:

Plus, note NOBODY ever said he sounds like Weezy on Badman, cos he doesnt
but they say M.i, meanwhile M.i sounds weezyish~~its just hillarious.

Go to the thread that was set up by sum Caliente guy and see.
They said it can't be M.I, it must be Weezy, now I'm hearing Ludacris . . . next thing I'll hear Fatai Rolling Dollar grin grin

DBR:

The last time i checked , i said U HEAR watya wanna hear. Dont misquote me o
U cannot delve into the world of sm artist of the 15th century in 2010 and not have the ghosty element to deal wit ~~now, can ya??
i think not grin grin
grin grin grin tWo

Hehehe . . . big difference.
We all know you construe things falsely to achieve the high expectations you've placed on Modenine.
That post proved my point.

oNe grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2010
javalove:

@eldee

when u used the word "most", sometimes it annoys me, cos u use it stupidly. . .u have ended d debate by saying its your opinion but speaking for faceless critics is what i wont take. . .

i berra have a lovely dinner with 9 than him. . . grin grin grin grin

It's my opinion, yes.
And about the critics, I know you're a groupie, but a smart groupie . . . use the internet, it's your friend. cheesy cheesy

So how far bout your date with Modenine?? cheesy cheesy
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by javalove(m): 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2010
date with modenine

are u okay?

even tho i m dying to meet him cos i v neva met him b4, it wont be termed a "date" get it?? grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 9:30pm On Mar 02, 2010
javalove:

date with modenine

are u okay?

even tho i m dying to meet him cos i v neva met him b4, it wont be termed a "date" get it?? grin

Oh yeah . . . I say that to myself when I'm taking a shaggable girl to the movies. grin grin
Don't worry, it's not a date, it's just a dinner tongue tongue
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by javalove(m): 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2010
@eldee

dan banza mutum. . baa na son iri wanchan magana faa grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by wengewenge: 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2010
Tosiandeda don decamp to modenine camp. wonders sha never end . javalove oya do party o. u don convert tosin,.
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by javalove(m): 10:11pm On Mar 02, 2010
abi oooo. . .wetin u go drink ? grin grin i no dey buy alcohol for pesin ooo outside dat, i go pay

tosin, ki lo ma mu ? shey make dem scatter NL with pamy ni?

DBR, eldee wetin una go drink. . ?

where is that bar man sef, aldon or wetin be him name. . .come and serve customers oooo grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Olamide – Green Light • Mp4 • / I Heard Da Grin Is Dead : Please Somebody Confirm! / Top Ten Foriegn Gospel Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.