Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,794 members, 7,969,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 06:15 AM

I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) (6560 Views)

Modenine Accuses Nairaland Of Destructive Criticisms / Modenine's Album (Da Davinci Mode!) Launch . . . . . . Twice! / Who's Got Lyrics: Ruggedman Or Modenine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by DBR: 3:20pm On Mar 03, 2010
eldee:

You talk like you need six albums to make an impact . . .
And you're talking about collabos (talking about commercial acceptance is always a wrong move) . . . point to one year that Modenine has been the man of the moment.
It's now an accepted fact that a Nigerian album/concert is not demographically complete without an M.I/D'banj/Tuface collabo. . .
Of course MTV Base will most likely place artiste with more videos over sumone with just one.

I wasn't even talking about commercial success, but if you're that adamant, let's [b]see what one album did for M.I.[/b]
Many collabos/cameos e.g Lami, Djinee, 9ice, Tuface, Tha Suspect, Sound Sultan , Dipp, Jamix, Duncan Daniels main singles not album tracks.

Sharaaaaaap there Eldee[i]gy[/i]
So i guess if Drakes album does better than Nas' it means he got more influence than him?
U dey fall ma hand o, u really dumbin down big time. grin grin
Seriously, when M9 culdda been man of the moment "Crowd mentalically speakin" was when he dropped
Malcom ix, but e'ryone knu he was years ahead of his time then.
And eldee u kno M9 wont hop on track with just anybody,
im sure there r some M.i collabos that u felt wasnt neccesary, no?

eldee:

Two MTV Base Awards (trashing Jigga and Kanye)
Performance at MTV awards alongside the best from Nigeria, Kenya and America . . .

Talk About It practically launched careers of Jesse Jagz and Ice Prince

You're still bringing it to commercial acceptance, we all know M.I trashes Modenine in that area.

Eldee[i]gy[/i]
yea yea~~~he beat Jigga and kanye~~~like u dont kno wats up grin
U didnt hav to chip that in dude, we all kno wat d deal is.

Plus, Talk bout it didnt launch Jagz n Iceprince ooo. No dey talk wetin u no sabi.
I knu Ice well far before M.i
And haqve been hearin the duo of M.i and Jagz way b4 Talk About it. your over hypin is gettin outta hand grin grin

oNe
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 3:26pm On Mar 03, 2010
When one person masterfully gives us the best of both worlds, it's a higher level whether you like it or not.
That's the only reason Jay-Z is rated with the Biggies and the Pacs.

M.I didn't take lyricism to a higher level . . . he took that to a different level with his flow.
But he took Nigerian hiphop to a higher level. . . in just three years, Nigerian hiphop has changed, and most of it is M.I's fault.

One misconception you guys always drop is the 'Modenine's music is for smart people' maxim.
No . . . Modenine all through his career has tried to make the average Nigerian appreciate lyrical artistry.
That's why he tends to employ the teacher-like style in his rhymes. . . that's why he launches these wordplay-based albums through major marketers.

If he was targeting only the hiphop heads, the internet is enough to do that.

Now did he succeed at first . . . maybe a little, but not to the level of M.I.
You now hear girls talkking about multies and wordplay.
With M.I's flow, voice, delivery, he has taken this lyrical skillery to everyone.

Modenine's doing just that now by actions like rapping in the autotune and still dropping heavy bars, dropping stretches of multisyllabic rhymes in Rap Messiah and stuff like that.

At the end of the day, M.I set the blueprint . . . listen to Crowd Mentality again for an example of this.
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 3:32pm On Mar 03, 2010
DBR:

Sharaaaaaap there Eldee[i]gy[/i]
So i guess if Drakes album does better than Nas' it means he got more influence than him?
U dey fall ma hand o, u really dumbin down big time. grin grin
Seriously, when M9 culdda been man of the moment "Crowd mentalically speakin" was when he dropped
Malcom ix, but e'ryone knu he was years ahead of his time then.
And eldee u kno M9 wont hop on track with just anybody,
im sure there r some M.i collabos that u felt wasnt neccesary, no?

Exactly what I was saying . . . I didn't want to bring in commercial success but he kept posting it.
I was just playing his game.

Plus, Talk bout it didnt launch Jagz n Iceprince ooo. No dey talk wetin u no sabi.
I knu Ice well far before M.i
And haqve been hearin the duo of M.i and Jagz way b4 Talk About it. your over hypin is gettin outta hand grin grin

I knew J. Cole since he released The Come Up doesn't mean signing to Roc Nation isn't the launch of his career.

The defining moment of their careers was Talk About It . . . make we go ask them?? cheesy cheesy

oNe grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by DBR: 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2010
eldee:

M.I didn't take lyricism to a higher level . . . he took that to a different level with his flow.
But he took Nigerian hiphop to a higher level. . . in just three years, Nigerian hiphop has changed, and most of it is M.I's fault.

One misconception you guys always drop is the 'Modenine's music is for smart people' maxim.
No . . . Modenine all through his career has tried to make the average Nigerian appreciate lyrical artistry.
That's why he tends to employ the teacher-like style in his rhymes. . . that's why he launches these wordplay-based albums through major marketers.

If he was targeting only the hiphop heads, the internet is enough to do that.

Now did he succeed at first . . . maybe a little, but not to the level of M.I.
You now hear girls talkking about multies and wordplay.
With M.I's flow, voice, delivery, he has taken this lyrical skillery to everyone.

Modenine's doing just that now by actions like rapping in the autotune and still dropping heavy bars, dropping stretches of multisyllabic rhymes in Rap Messiah and stuff like that.

At the end of the day, M.I set the blueprint . . . listen to Crowd Mentality again for an example of this.
Au contraire, M9 set the blue print, he sensitize the genre, Mi just built on it.
You cannot dismiss the foundational work of M9. It's easier to appreciate an edifice and forget
how neccesary the foundation is.
M9 no get im own flow,voice and delivery? And the lyrical SKILLERY u mentioned, can u tell me how it came about?

See just 2 approaches: Bring pple up to where u at; or, Come down to where they at.
M9 chose the former, Mi the latter.
Definately the latter will get more crowd cos it involves dumbin down.

How many girls were talkin multies, PLs and metas durin Ra, Nas, and all
even when LL d ladies man was hot, even Jz~ they aint talkin bout stuff like that.
cos really it's only heads that will go to such technicality, and knowledge grows and
becomes general in time.

An aside, did u see the sh!.t i dropped for u on WARCRAFT STATE OF MIND?
U aint rallyin dudes to drop stuff again, u on to d nxt~~analysin lyrics grin
oNe
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 4:00pm On Mar 03, 2010
Au contraire, M9 set the blue print, he sensitize the genre, Mi just built on it.
You cannot dismiss the foundational work of M9. It's easier to appreciate an edifice and forget
how neccesary the foundation is.
M9 no get im own flow,voice and delivery? And the lyrical SKILLERY u mentioned, can u tell me how it came about?

Of course I admitted that M9 was influential . . . but M.I's influence took it to a higher level.
A level that even M9 is now benefitting from.

Kama puro kama jale . . . M.I's voice, delivery and flow trumps M9.

See just 2 approaches: Bring pple up to where u at; or, Come down to where they at.
M9 chose the former, Mi the latter.
Definately the latter will get more crowd cos it involves dumbin down.

How did M.I dumb down?? He was the one that actually managed to bring them up.
Modenine tried to, but didn't provide a ladder. . . dumb down is Ruggedman not M.I.

How can you call 'coming at me is the only way you ever approach a star' dumbing down??

How many girls were talkin multies, PLs and metas durin Ra, Nas, and all
even when LL d ladies man was hot, even Jz~ they aint talkin bout stuff like that.
cos really it's only heads that will go to such technicality, and knowledge grows and
becomes general in time.

Are you on Facebook?? Just go and see what people are posting in status boxes these dayz.

An aside, did u see the droppings i dropped for u on WARCRAFT STATE OF MIND?
U aint rallyin dudes to drop stuff again, u on to d nxt~~analysis lyrics
oNe

Like Jay-Z, I'm on to the next one grin grin

I saw it, I actually referred to it on the Fave Lines thread a few minutes ago.

oNe grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tosinaded(m): 4:06pm On Mar 03, 2010
na wa o grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2010
@tosin

Were's your Alaba State of Mind verse?? grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by DBR: 4:21pm On Mar 03, 2010
Of course I admitted that M9 was influential . . . but M.I's influence took it to a higher level.
A level that even M9 is now benefitting from.

Kama puro kama jale . . . M.I's voice, delivery and flow trumps M9.

your choice. I kno dudes who wanna puke when they hear Mi's voice.
me i gbadun it sha! grin
Flow, u cant say that either, cos M9 is always on point wit his flow,
he even rates high in it by unbaised intnertional critque, neva off beat and breath control is sound.

How did M.I dumb down?? He was the one that actually managed to bring them up.
Modenine tried to, but didn't provide a ladder. . . dumb down is Ruggedman not M.I.

How can you call 'coming at me is the only way you ever approach a star' dumbing down??[quote][/quote]

shocked where did i say that ^^^^ is  dumb down??
Howeva,U think dumpin down only refers to lyrics? eyaaaaaa grin

Now, when hip hop now turns and sounds more POPish, almost turnin sing along nursery rhymes, it's equally dumbin down.
Aint sayin ma boy M.i is excessively that ooo.
Anyway, y'all kno i got his back.
oNe
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tosinaded(m): 4:26pm On Mar 03, 2010
eldee:

@tosin

Were's your Alaba State of Mind verse?? grin grin

shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by DBR: 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

na wa o grin
Tosenski!!
wetin be dat a beg share the ofofo wit me nauuw grin
oNe
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tosinaded(m): 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2010
DBR:

Tosenski!!
wetin be dat a beg share the ofofo wit me nauuw grin
oNe

U AND eLDEE DEY GIMME HEADACHE grin
ewo ni ki ama ka post yin, ki ori ma fo wa?
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by DBR: 4:45pm On Mar 03, 2010
tosinaded@:

U AND eLDEE DEY GIMME HEADACHE grin
ewo ni ki ama ka post yin, ki ori ma fo wa?
eyaaaa, pele omo dada grin
But u shud be happy nauuw.
At least u get head, knowin there r some headless ones on NL.
Hope the headache no big o, cos that will give us a clue as to the size of ur head grin grin

oNe
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by javalove(m): 4:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
Start

@DBR

na now u dey know say tosin no get sense. . .he has a small head with a very smal brain. .

i dey gbadun aw u dey take tackle 'HATER in a FAN' skin called Hell-Thee. .  grin grin grin

End
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by abdurrazaq(m): 5:19pm On Mar 03, 2010
Now the syndrom has caught up with Javalove cry cry
What's the meaning of starting each post with Start and ending it with End
Now the debate has shifted from tosin's thought to buy Da Vinci Mode or not. To be frank with you guys M.I is the most over-rated artiste in Nigeria. He is not all people claim for him. I bought his lat album, the tracks I can feel are Teaser because of General Pype & Blaze. I don't want to be tagged a hater the reason why I always stay far from debate concerning him. Talk About It wasn't just my kind of Favourite. Talking of flows I think Saucekid has a better flow than MI and (stand corrected) any Nigerian rapper undecided cool
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by Rhymstein(m): 5:23pm On Mar 03, 2010
@eldee
Are u sayn mode9 didnt use multies n internal rhymes way b4 m.i came?
U fall my hand o,i go fit give u plenty

And guess wot?a girl in i knw,told me 'i lyk m.i,bt mode9 has more punchlines', if those girls had been listening to hiphop,they must be dumb dat they didnt knw wot punchlines were b4 m.i came

Most girls dnt think deep

V told girls dis line dat lupe said 'out of d trillions of numbers in d world,jst leave me a few,that leads to you', i havent found any that knew wot i meant', u expect em to decipher wordplay,make dem go read novel
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by javalove(m): 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2010
Start

@abudulrazaq

lol. . .no mind me jare. . . DBR has taken oNe, eldee is trying 2 copy but fails all the time grin grin grin

then another guy comes with #now playing. . grin

its only nice for me to follow suit by reviving the syntax of my first love, the first programming language i learnt (GWBASIC). . .dats like some 12yrs ago. .

End grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tavarez(f): 12:51am On Mar 04, 2010
Nice to see everyone talk calmly, thats the way to pass points accross,

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying Knighthouse feat Blaise,XYZ and Terry Da rapman I dare you-off the Knighthouse street Scriptures Lp, Dropped today HOTTT
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by ravenzord(m): 3:47am On Mar 04, 2010
Rhymstein:

@eldee

And guess wot?a girl in i knw,told me 'i lyk m.i,bt mode9 has more punchlines', if those girls had been listening to hiphop,they must be dumb dat they didnt knw wot punchlines were b4 m.i came

Most girls dnt think deep

V told girls dis line dat lupe said 'out of d trillions of numbers in d world,jst leave me a few,that leads to you', i havent found any that knew wot i meant', u expect em to decipher wordplay,make dem go read novel

Chai! This guy don finish babes. grin grin

@ OP: Mode 9 and Jesse Jagz' albums coming out in March, this promises to be interesting cheesy.
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by semid4lyfe(m): 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2010
Deleted - same as post below
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by semid4lyfe(m): 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2010
IMO. . .MI is over-rated. . .I prefer Modenine to him in everything and I also think all of Modenine's albums (Malcolm IX:The Lost Sessions, Pentium IX:The Mixtape, E Plurubus Unum & The Paradigm Shift) $h!ts on MI's Talk About It.

Na my 2kobo I dash una. . . Don't Hate!
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tavarez(f): 2:35pm On Mar 04, 2010
and thats the final word on this thread please,, Modenine still outshines M.I in the hearts and Souls of real heads, and yeah M.i has more fans but like Canibus told LL "99% of your fans wear high heels", and on the 9ice feat M.I Safarawe he said and i quote " if you trying to take my pride/me and my guys go organize/and my Fans will Mobilize/WE will take you to the back and SODOMIZE ,well the last time i checked Sodomy didnt have any other meaning, welll please can M.I heads like eldee help me decipher this one?cuz i dont know ohh

this is the link to the song below

http://www.notjustok.com/2010/02/12/premiere-9ice-loni-ni-safaware-atamatase/?cp=all#comments

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying Knighthouse Feat Da grin,Jesse Jagz and Cartiair-Lime
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 4:13pm On Mar 04, 2010
DBR:

your choice. I kno dudes who wanna puke when they hear Mi's voice.
me i gbadun it sha! grin
Flow, u cant say that either, cos M9 is always on point wit his flow,
he even rates high in it by unbaised intnertional critque, neva off beat and breath control is sound.
The fact that some people hate Alicia Keys' voice doesn't take anything from it.
M.I's voice with his flow is what separates him from other Nigerian rapper . . .

M.I rides the beat better than Modenine . . . we can't keep haggling like market women over facts like this.

DBR:

Howeva,U think dumpin down only refers to lyrics? eyaaaaaa grin

Now, when hip hop now turns and sounds more POPish, almost turnin sing along nursery rhymes, it's equally dumbin down.
Aint sayin ma boy M.i is excessively that ooo.
Anyway, y'all kno i got his back.
oNe
Hehehe . . . that's you guys' problem, what do you think pop means??
By your own definition Notorious B.I.G was pop?? Even DMX too??

You only dumb down when you say bullshit . . . appealing to musical aspect of hiphop (where hiphop actually started) doesn't mean you dumbed down, it just means you're a better artiste.

tavarez:

and thats the final word on this thread please,, Modenine still outshines M.I in the hearts and Souls of real heads, and yeah M.i has more fans but like Canibus told LL "99% of your fans wear high heels", and on the 9ice feat M.I Safarawe he said and i quote " if you trying to take my pride/me and my guys go organize/and my Fans will Mobilize/WE will take you to the back and SODOMIZE ,well the last time i checked Sodomy didnt have any other meaning, welll please can M.I heads like eldee help me decipher this one?cuz i dont know ohh

WTF!!! I cold write a book on M9's crap lines!!!
Infact . . . why am I even talking, go to the 'Worst Lines in Nigerian songs' thread and see.

And what's all this B.S about real heads??
Y'all need to grow up maynne, you sound like emo indie music fans that think Coldplay is not 'real rock'.
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 4:23pm On Mar 04, 2010
Rhymstein:

@eldee

M9 never appealed to the musical half of hiphop presentation before M.I came.
That's a fact . . . you can't stay here and shout till next year, that fact won't change.

Rhymstein:

What kind of girls do you roll with??
In the UK, girls are doing better than boys in university matriculation examinations.
I guess those dumb girls only live in your area, cus I lived in Naija and I've not seen a girl that cannot 'decipher' basic pick-up lines.

@topic
I'm done discussing Modenine . . . I'm almost sounding like a groupie now.
Next thing I'll start picking a dress for my date with Modenine like Javalove.
grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by javalove(m): 4:36pm On Mar 04, 2010
Start

@topic
I'm done discussing Modenine . . . I'm almost sounding like a groupie now.
Next thing I'll start picking a dress for my date with Modenine like Javalove.
grin grin

Shori, tin ba gba eti e fun e, waa ma yagbe sara ni. . . grin grin

Modenine is light years ahead of MI, SUE ME!!!! or berra still call d cops. . .

@topic

Mogbono feli feli, i'm spitting like makavelli veli, your lyrics are smelly smelly - MI

I must confess that line was maddd dope!!!    grin grin Its my favourite line ever

End
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 4:45pm On Mar 04, 2010
javalove:

Start

Shori, tin ba gba eti e fun e, waa ma yagbe sara ni. . . grin grin

Modenine is light years ahead of MI, SUE ME!!!! or berra still call d cops. . .

@topic

Mogbono feli feli, i'm spitting like makavelli veli, your lyrics are smelly smelly - MI

I must confess that line was maddd dope!!!    grin grin Its my favourite line ever
[quote][/quote]

Wanna know what's my favourite line ever??

I'm a plane I'm a rocket I'm an eagle
And it's plain how I rock the desert eagle

No announcement, no Canibus-like bullshit name-dropping, that's how to do metaphorical wordplay . . . not 'I'm not a star, I'm a planet bigger than Jupiter' grin grin grin

So have you picked a dress for the date with Modenine yet?? And for the venue, I recommend a trip to Silverbird Cinemas and then Nandos.
It'll be sooooo romantic grin grin grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tavarez(f): 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2010
what about the sodomy part, someone help me please?? embarassed

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying Knighthouse Feat Modenine and Ade- My Thots*on repeat
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by DBR: 7:50am On Mar 05, 2010
eldee
The fact that some people hate Alicia Keys' voice doesn't take anything from it.
M.I's voice with his flow is what separates him from other Nigerian rapper . . .
And M9 lyrics and voice no seperate am? dude!! SauceKid's voice and flow didnt seperate him too?
U see  u just established what im sayin', it's all bout choice. I luv M.i's voice, and i luv M9's too.

You only dumb down when you say bullshit . . . appealing to musical aspect of hiphop (where hiphop actually started) doesn't mean you dumbed down, it just means you're a better artiste.
Dude, there are some sound that pple dont consider hiphop sounds or beatz, ok.
Yea there's a musical aspect of hiphop~~but will that be sayin the boombap hiphop beats aint musical?
Fusion is what kinda adulterated wht is regarded as a hiphop beat.
Just like there's a Jazz sound/beat or classical. 
Can u imagine Kanye or Jay elecronica lacin their kinda beat for Andrea Bocelli or Luciano Pavarotti?
Yea they will do their stuff on it, and even by it gain a wider audience, but Pav wont be silly enuff to confuse
wat a classical-classical sound is, and refer to a more pop or hiphop sound as being musical and sure Bocelli wont be that blind grin.

M.I rides the beat better than Modenine . . . we can't keep haggling like market women over facts like this.
Hehehe . . . that's you guys' problem, what do you think pop means??
By your own definition Notorious B.I.G was pop?? Even DMX too??

By what criteria? Thats your problem~~your choice of word.
U shudda said he rides DIFFERENTLY, not better.
Does M9 go off beat? ~Pause unneccesarily? ~Run outta breath?
Hammerin' and believin a fictional-fact dont make it a realistic truth.

Now dont be silly boy, neva said Biggie or DMX were pop.
But if their sounds aint too different from the mainstream pop artiste of their time, then there's wahala. gettit?
If the sounds/beatz u catch them on most timez are mainstream pop sound, there's trouble, No?

WTF!!! I cold write a book on M9's crap lines!!!
Infact . . . why am I even talking, go to the 'Worst Lines in Nigerian songs' thread and see.
And u think same cant be done for all others? brathaaa pleazzeeeeeeeeeee!!

oNe

[quote][/quote]
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by slimshay(m): 8:24am On Mar 05, 2010
ha ha tavarez so you sef heard dat line. Dont worry, we have told him to calm down and keep his ish in his pants!!! grin
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by eldee(m): 10:01am On Mar 05, 2010
DBR:

eldeeAnd M9 lyrics and voice no seperate am? dude!! SauceKid's voice and flow didnt seperate him too?
U see  u just established what im sayin', it's all bout choice. I luv M.i's voice, and i luv M9's too.Dude, there are some sound that pple dont consider hiphop sounds or beatz, ok.

Aiite, I'll rephrase it, the quality of M.I's voice separates him from other rappers in Nigeria.
Who makes the rules?? You sit down sumwhere in your office and say this beat is hiphop and that is not hiphop . . . By your logic, Grandmaster Flash isn't hiphop . . . afterall it was way different from beats of the 90s.
There are still some people that say that the only listen to rap music from the golden age/80s.

DBR:

Yea there's a musical aspect of hiphop~~but will that be sayin the boombap hiphop beats aint musical?
Fusion is what kinda adulterated wht is regarded as a hiphop beat.
Just like there's a Jazz sound/beat or classical. 
Can u imagine Kanye or Jay elecronica lacin their kinda beat for Andrea Bocelli or Luciano Pavarotti?
Yea they will do their stuff on it, and even by it gain a wider audience, but Pav wont be silly enuff to confuse
wat a classical-classical sound is, and refer to a more pop or hiphop sound as being musical and sure Bocelli wont be that blind grin.
'Adulerated'?? Fusion has been there since the early 90s.
You guys sound like the Conservatives . . .'old is always better'

I've heard Pavarotti on many 'pop' beats. So that argument doesn't hold water.
Good music is most times accepted by people that have an ear for music . . . you guys need to step out of hiphop for sometime.
Hiphop is a bubble . . .

DBR:

By what criteria? Thats your problem~~your choice of word.
U shudda said he rides DIFFERENTLY, not better.
Does M9 go off beat? ~Pause unneccesarily? ~Run outta breath?
Hammerin' and believin a fictional-fact dont make it a realistic truth.

By your own logic, every rapper has perfect delivery.
If you need someone to run out of breath to know he's not as good as M.I on Anoti/123 Hiphop.

How then is Eminem's delivery critically adjudged one of the best in hiphop if the others are just different??
It's so easy how you guys quickly cower under the subjectivity canopy when factual things come up but discard it when you're talking about things like 'that's not hiphop enough'.
I call that hypocrisy . . . do you have subjective view to that too?? tongue tongue tongue

And u think same cant be done for all others? brathaaa pleazzeeeeeeeeeee!!

Now you missed my point AGAIN!!!
Sumone brought up one M.I line and I said Modenine has more crappy lines than M.I.
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by DBR: 11:14am On Mar 05, 2010
Aiite, I'll rephrase it, the quality of M.I's voice separates him from other rappers in Nigeria.
Who makes the rules?? You sit down sumwhere in your office and say this beat is hiphop and that is not hiphop . . . By your logic, Grandmaster Flash isn't hiphop . . . afterall it was way different from beats of the 90s.
There are still some people that say that the only listen to rap music from the golden age/80s.
'Adulerated'?? Fusion has been there since the early 90s.
You guys sound like the Conservatives . . .'old is always better'
It' not bout sayin one beat is diff. from another arbitrarily eldee~~
u just prancin like a tired boxer witout an idea of how to deliver a blow to get/make a point.
We aint talkin but Era influenced beat but Genre influenced beat. 2 diff. things. Sure a genre eveolves.
Exept u sayin sounds/beats are all the same, no distinction, no hiphop beat, no bata or hiighlife or juju, or pop or clasical beats
but u kno that wld be so dumb.
And no! old aint always bera. at least not e'rtime.

've heard Pavarotti on many 'pop' beats. So that argument doesn't hold water.
Good music is most times accepted by people that have an ear for music . . . you guys need to step out of hiphop for sometime.
Hiphop is a bubble . . .
What arguement? By Sayin u'v heard Pavarotti on many "pop" beats says it all, and puttin d pop in quote wont save u grin
Cos it means u heard him on a DIFFERENT kinda beat from wat u usually or normally hear him on.
I neva said u wont catch him on pop beats, all im sayin is he too knows which is which, even if U r gettin it twisted.

By your own logic, every rapper has perfect delivery.
If you need someone to run out of breath to know he's not as good as M.I on Anoti/123 Hiphop.
How then is Eminem's delivery critically adjudged one of the best in hiphop if the others are just different??
It's so easy how you guys quickly cower under the subjectivity canopy when factual things come up but discard it when you're talking about things like 'that's not hiphop enough'.
I call that hypocrisy . . . do you have subjective view to that too?? tongue tongue tongue
i think u shud focus on the phrase ONE OF THE BEST.
Go to any review, especially Top 20 Rappers of all Times, and see how each rapper that made the list is given credit to their flow and delivery.
Plus, if u dont know that breath control is vital to delievery then we shunt be havin this convo.
U confessed that 123 wa too fast for u, now imagine if he kept gaspin or runnin outta breath.
Plus, this aint bout me or u or mi or m9. wat it is is wat it is.And dont look at me funny i didnt influence it either.
But, ever wondered at the choice of beats when Ye' was gon do the track Classic?
I rest ma case!

Now you missed my point AGAIN!!!
Sumone brought up one M.I line and I said Modenine has more crappy lines than M.I.
I get your point e'rtime and u do make sense~~at least occasionally grin
But of course u may lay hold of more M9 crappy lines, aint that sooooo xpected.
Like the sayin goes, a kid may have more new clothes than an elder~
but he sure cant have more rags than the elder.
Do the math grin grin.
oNe
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tavarez(f): 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2010
eldee still no word on the Sodomy Line, I dey Wait,

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying Str8buttah -Fire
Re: I Just Might Buy Modenine's Album (davinci Mode) by tosinaded(m): 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2010
tavarez:

eldee still no word on the Sodomy Line, I dey Wait,

WE DO IT FOR THE LOVE

#nowplaying Str8buttah -Fire

M.I probabaly did that line to stir up controversy, like we av here cheesy
we both know wut happend in soddom and gomora grin some gay shit

#itsnaija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

VIDEO: Patoranking – Everyday / Check Out This Music Video By A Nairalander. / Why You Prefer Foreign Music And Genre To 9ja Afro-pop...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.