Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,785 members, 7,875,946 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:19 AM

I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? (57491 Views)

How I Almost Gave My Life To Christ On My Way To Have Sex With A Man / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / "I Gave My Neighbor A Lift, 6 Months After We Got Married" - Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
elantraceey:
I wonder the kind of relationship people go into these days. Do you love him at all? have you even ever loved him?

If you didn't know the job he does I'll understand, if you didn't know where his company is located I'll understand, if he was jobless and lazy I would have reasoned with you but come on! You know this man, you've been to his company, you know the issues he's facing and rather than being a support to him at this you chose to add to his problems, I was him I won't even reply your text at all and break the relationship immediately after I'm able to pay you because there's no trust at all.

How sure are you that he's finally stable now? Do you know if he incurred losses when he was out of production? You yourself admitted it was a big issue and you helped out (I think) mainly because your money is already involved not even because of him so you can't even say he planned that. You were supposed to understand that the circumstances when the agreement was reached changed hence I think that the reason why he couldn't meet up with what you both agreed on.

I'll only advice you to get your mind off money, money is not all there is, send him a text message and apologize for your lack of trust and support then give him a call and if he's a good guy he'll apologize to you too for explaining things better , when you both reconcile, give him some time, weeks, months, whatever but don't put pressure on him, you'll get your man and your money that way, you don't need to lose any.

Bingo, another sane person. I have hope i'mma marry a Nigerian chick, this elates my soul and spirit. Bingo...

Healthy reasoning... Why should someone who setup a company run away....

Anyways, i just remembered i saw some guys who dupe people last year, they target factories tell them they will help them import machines from China and all, once they get full payment cause buyers have to pay plus shipment charges before transaction, they start making excuses, there's a possibility the guy has been scammed by these kind of guys and doesn't know how to confront his chick... I'll advise her to get the guy back if the guy lose the cash somehow, she gets her man and the marriage and the money in future through some other form, the guy would trust and love her all the more because of her faithfulness...What do you think?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Sanchez01: 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ishilove:

All suppositions. It's her money and she reserves the right to do what she pleases with it.

She says he has made the money back so why doesn't he want to return it??
'She says' is nothing but assumption. You and I cannot solely rely on all of her accounts, I'm sure you know why.

Regardless, certain things didn't even add up in her account. It is not up to me to start pointing them out. She shouldn't have even ventured into lending him the money since it is everything she breathes and thinks of.

While I'm not ruling out the possibility of her being duped or played, I believe her approach towards this is unwise.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
kimbraa:
Please, shut up!. You've been quoting people upandan with your biased opinion.
They had an agreement he'd remit her account weekly, when she failed to get what they agreed upon she called his line, he didn't pick. She sent messages, he didn't reply. If you loan someone money and gets treated this way, what would be the first thing that'll occur to you?.

What kind of communication are you referring to when the debtor is avoiding any communication with her?. Use your brain.

[b]
Can you shut your asshôle Cuz I'm sure that's where this crap is coming from. He responded to her texts and said he will pay back but didn't give a definite date. The first that will occur to me you dumbass is that he might be having issues he might not want to tell me. Cuz this is business. She borrowed him 500k which was supposed to be 1m. In business every money to be spent in planned for. Now he could have sourced the rest from someone else and wants to pay that person first. An agreement holds all things being equal. Now yes he has failed to meet up but it's not his fault, business can be unpredictable at times. Something might sound good on paper but once it gets out there, things happen. Do you think companies that closed predicted it or saw it coming? Use your head for once in your life. Now after all this, is ending the relationship the wisest decision given the fact that she knows fully well that she might not know everything about the company. Cuz the company is running doesn't mean the company is running well. So swerve the hell outta here[/b]

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by YelloweWest: 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
pedrilo:
sorry, u sound like a liability woman!
ur sis, ur husband, everybody spending on u, who u help?
I help my family.

I help in being my husbands back bone and support system. He calls me his anchor!

I help by caring my husbands children in my stomach for 9months and bringing them forth in hard labour and pain.

I help in raising and training God fearing children making us proud in sch.

I help by cooking his meals, making sure our home is always clean.

I help by playing the perfect host to his friends and business partners.

I help in taking care of my father in law.

I help my husband by being trust worthy. He trusts me with everything.

It's called being a WIFE!
I don't need to give my husband money before it can he said that I have helped he.

Hope you get that.

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Superpack kiss kiss

Iyamm running away from you nii, before you'll borrow my money and run away first. tongue tongue

How have yoh been?

God dey

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2017
ireneony:
do u think is easy to give out 500k..
why didn't he asked his friends or colleagues.
the lady try abeg.
has ur girl ever given u 20k?

not everyone is a giver.
The guy should at least appreciate her by returning her calls.
put urself in her shoes.

Fuuucvk marriage.
who marriage help.
I don't joke with my hard earned coins.

Who tell you say him friends never give am 10million. Hardly would you find a business man who has not borrowed money from friends and relatives. She did a good thing. Let's end it there.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Sterope(f): 8:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
You are being sexist and you know it.

Now, you are confusing yourself. He borrowed the money. The money as not gift or a romantic gesture. It was a debt like every other debt. Don't confuse the two.

Your friend did a charitable act. Good for him.He is a caring guy, I appaid6 him for that. However, you can't conclude that he would move on if things do not work out. People do not move on like that, man or woman. There are more threads on this forum with men crying wolf because a lady that have sent on jilted them. I am not a woman behavior. Men are as guilty as women. You don't need to have a penis to see that.

humilitypays:
Believe me, for the guy to have stopped calling her like before being his girlfriend, fiance per se, she must have knowingly or unknowingly insulted the guy because she lent him money. You should know your sisters very well na, they can't fail to scream to heavens anytime they spend their kobo on their Nigerian boyfriend; it's not new.

And why this sounds funny to me is because as we speak, a close friend told me to transfer around 650k to his fiance, guess what for For her family house rent that expired and her dad couldn't pay cos he has not been paid salary since April. He even added extra money to what she demanded....and don't think my friend is a mugu...nope, he is a soji guy but he's doing it out of the love he has for the girl and if she decides to fuckup tomorrow, he will smile and move on cos we do know about all those shit.

But it baffles me when Naija ladies give a Meagre from their kobo and make so much noise about it to make it look like Nigerian guys are all scammers or bad‎

....and where Nigerian ladies meet all these their broke, senseless, classless boyfriends that disgrace other Nigerian men's awesome image is what I don't know

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by permit(m): 8:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
u were makin transation of a milion naira which u made the first half payment before the incident, you witnessed everything right? My take here is this, u didn't borrow him money base on ur relationship u were making business transaction. Ur fiancé deemed not to take advantage of the relationship but ur deal with him gonna be retarded by the damage his factory just experience. My advice give him a little time if he dont comply as promise u take him to #Amadioha before curt¿

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Jung(m): 8:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
Then wetin you dey find for Nairaland ma?? Pride na die grin
Must you tell u say u get money? Later now when somebody start using ur facebook profile picture to fan body... U go start to cry cheesy

YelloweWest:

I'm not a broke girl. I'm a married woman with kids. A lawyer and successful business woman.

My hus is self made. He hustled like the way real men do.

There was a time my sister took me shopping and Spent a considerable amount of money on me. My hus sent her back the money as a birthday gift. He said it touches his ego...

That's the kind of man I'm married to. A real man's man.
Not the ones I see here on nl.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
kimbraa:
Some have the temerity to call the girl "Callous". I swear!, Some people don't deserve help.

The recession is affecting the mental stability of many guys these days, do you think noodles and two eggs every night and garri and groundnut afternoons will nourish the brain?

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
tosyne2much:
This relationship is already dead bro. Trust me!
From the way they've handled things ba? Do you think he has duped her?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
alexialin:

My experience ke! I reject such experience!

Have never borrowed any bf money, be it ex or recent.

I rather dash than borrow.. I cant shout abeg grin

And i cant start pursuing someone upandan

But my female friends were the ones borrowing such huge amounts to their bfs when they were dating.

One of. My female friends back then when she was single fainted in my office with tears after narrating how her bf back then stopped answering her calls after transferring 500k to him. Mehn she was a nervous wreck and to worsen the whole issue, the mother of the guy was then saying she cannot accept her as daughter inlaw cos she dreamt, she wont be a good wife to her son..

Na now, after collecting 500k the mum now knows she cant marry her son and her useless son stopped picking her calls.

I just weak as she was crying and collapsed in my arms cry

I had to quickly call my security guard and colleague to help carry her into my car and rushed her to the hospital.

Mehn! It was terrible heartwrenching thing to see on my friend.

I can never place myself in That's situation. Never!

Anyways to cut story short .shes married now to one of his friend. And they are doing well.

Can you listen to yourself Alex? How does this help her case Now? How does this prove that this guy and that your friend's guy are the same thing? undecided
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

I'm telling u! Hungry bastards!

They have no shame. No sense of pride as young men. Back in the day it was every man's goal to be successful.
But know we have young men just looking for every possible means to milk a hard working girl dry.

Just imagine the comments. The op gave her bf 500k with the promise that he will payback.
Since then he stopped taking her calls and is acting up. Isn't it obvious that the guy is a scam?

Am telling you.

Its a shame but thats the kind of men we have these days

No sense of pride or honour.

To even marry sef? Am not even hungry for it anymore.

Bunch of lazy parasitic men. They full everywhere.

Only very few are like the days of our fathers.

The bf is pure scam!

6 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by etimocity(m): 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2017
that is clear indication that he is having double mine towards that money. but you made a mistake.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Blackhawk01: 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2017
elantraceey:
I wonder the kind of relationship people go into these days. Do you love him at all? have you even ever loved him?

If you didn't know the job he does I'll understand, if you didn't know where his company is located I'll understand, if he was jobless and lazy I would have reasoned with you but come on! You know this man, you've been to his company, you know the issues he's facing and rather than being a support to him at this you chose to add to his problems, I was him I won't even reply your text at all and break the relationship immediately after I'm able to pay you because there's no trust at all.

How sure are you that he's finally stable now? Do you know if he incurred losses when he was out of production? You yourself admitted it was a big issue and you helped out (I think) mainly because your money is already involved not even because of him so you can't even say he planned that. You were supposed to understand that the circumstances when the agreement was reached changed hence I think that the reason why he couldn't meet up with what you both agreed on.

I'll only advice you to get your mind off money, money is not all there is, send him a text message and apologize for your lack of trust and support then give him a call and if he's a good guy he'll apologize to you too for explaining things better , when you both reconcile, give him some time, weeks, months, whatever but don't put pressure on him, you'll get your man and your money that way, you don't need to lose any.

Hahahaha cheesy grin cheesy

See aunty Loveth oooo. Apologize for not trusting him you say? Trust is fvckin earned, Missy.

And whatever gave you the impression that her first reasons for calling him were not "care and support" and she only got worried when he wasn't answering his calls.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2017
ireneony:
the lady try abeg.

not everyone is a giver.
put urself in her shoes.

Fuuucvk marriage.
who marriage help.

Who told you his friends have not given him? And what if he chose her instead because he felt Immee would be more patient and understanding? undecided
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by nkwuocha: 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
Brugo:
The guy made a big mistake. He should never have borrowed from his girlfriend. Nigerian girls don't need to see their men in difficult situations because these babes of nowadays....

Guys, try not to let your babes see you vulnerable.

grin grin grin

My ribs!
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
thesuave10:

Can you listen to yourself Alex? How does this help her case Now? How does this prove that this guy and that your friend's guy are the same thing? undecided

Its similar, they each borrowed their bfs 500k.

And both bfs no longer picks their calls.

So whatelse remain again?

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by YelloweWest: 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
Jung:
Then wetin you dey find for Nairaland ma?? Pride na die grin
Must you tell u say u get money? Later now when somebody start using ur facebook profile picture to fan body... U go start to cry cheesy

U can't get such information from my nl acc
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by sambisa5: 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
HEFAIROHLUWA:
Thank you for this sir..
U'r welcom
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by 9jaihail3: 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
Immee:
Hello fellow nairalanders, pls advise needed on this issue.

My bf and I have been together for a while now and planning on having our marriage introduction by November and marriage proper early next year.

Im an independent woman with a gud job. As a matter of fact, ive never made any financial request from this guy though he buys gift for me without requesting. He is doing well financially too, he runs a recycling factory while I work with a manufacturing company.

Things are working well between us since the relationship started untill recently when we had some business deals together ( my opinion though) cos I don't understand him anymore. He was broke at that time and needed to get some materials which he never budgeted for. He requested that I invest in his company by paying for those materials since they're coming cheap and he doesn't have enough to get them at that time and wouldn't want to loose the opportunity. I consented to the idea cos I knew he's business was very lucrative and that I'll get my money back with interest. He promised to be paying me a weekly dividend so I thought of giving 1 million naira. I made an instant transfer of 500k to his account as dts the maximum I can do daily without a token and I wasn't with it then.

The 2nd day dt I was suppose to send the remaining money, some issues occurred in his company in my presence. He had some major issues with some of the equipments in his factory. He had to stop productions for some days. So i with held the balance as it wont be neccesary since there was no production.While repairs were ongoing? I had to liase with some of my junior colleagues at work who are engineers to help my bf cos I found out he's engineer's aren't capable of handling the situation as dts the first time he would experience such. As God will have it operations started back in few days with the support of my engineers.

My concern now is since things went back to normal in my bf compan' he's yet to keep to his promise of the weekly dividend he said I would be receiving from the investment. As a matter of fact , things has changed between us cos he no longer call and hardly pick my calls. I communicate with him mostly thru SMS now since he wouldn't pick my calls. I'd sent messages to him to return my money without interest and he has promised to pay back with no time and date of when he's going to pay back. I even had plans of going to his place today since im off work so as to force him to go to the bank with him so DT I can get my money but he left the house early in the morning with excuses that he has a place to go and would return to my place after leaving there.

Pls guys how best can I get this money back from him cos I know he has it but playing pranks on me. I don't mind loosing my relationship with him as I don't trust him any longer.

Your testimony made you look a selfish woman. From what you wrote above, you gave him money at the time he was having financial difficulties to purchase some materials needed for productions, after giving him the money, production broke down and business stopped for awhile, few days after resumption you started tasking for your dividend or your full money back? Here again you are telling us that the guy has the money just that he don't want to give you. Now i have few questions to ask.

You gave this money at the time he is struggling to meet up with production materials?

How many days, weeks or Months did he run the business before production halted?

After resumption how many days,weeks months did it take before you started demanding for your money?

How can you claim that someone who was faced with challenges to meet up with money to purchase materials is financially ok?

From my observation, you must have noticed that the guy business is falling hence the rush to demand for your money so your money won't be affected when the business eventually collapsed. If i am to judge, i will say you are not supportive and the guy need to be careful with you.

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
alexialin:

Am telling you.

Its a shame but thats the kind of men we have these days

No sense of pride or honour.

To even marry sef? Am not even hungry for it anymore.

Bunch of lazy parasitic men. They full everywhere.

Only very few are like the days of our fathers.

The bf is pure scam!

Highly speculative...Why not find the few good ones than worry over the ones that are still climbing up but not entirely as bad as you portray them?

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by joceey(m): 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
Pls guys how best can I get this money back from him cos I know he has it but playing pranks on me. I don't mind loosing my relationship with him as I don't trust him any longer.

Hmmmmmm its shows you don't love this guy what a pity........some ladies an the way they reason
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by YelloweWest: 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Which one is i should shut up. Did i stratify myself before you ma'am? Yet another stereotype.. grin
I said u guys should man up. I never said shut up.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
alexialin:

Its similar, they each borrowed their bfs 500k.

And both bfs no longer picks their calls.

So whatelse remain again?

How about it's not same person not the same situation not the same girl and not the same reasons. This reasoning is disappointing undecided
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

I said u guys should man up. I never said shut up.

Okay but i'm not where you placed me in your mind please...Have i solicited for help from you?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
ireneony:
the lady try abeg.

not everyone is a giver.
put urself in her shoes.

Fuuucvk marriage.
who marriage help.

Am telling u at the bolded..

Men these days are no longer men.

Its a huge pity.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by nkwuocha: 8:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
thesuave10:

Who told you his friends have not given him? And what if he chose her instead because he felt Immee would be more [b]patient and understanding? undecided[/b]

Oh! You felt he choosed her based on the highlighted.Why then is he not playing his own path by being transparent and available?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by lilmax(m): 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
agreement should be agreement..... most nigerian guys just take good girls for granted..... op, be watchful.... thats what I have to say

I can remember my gf giving me 50million that year sha.....and I paid in due time....
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by pedrilo: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

I help my family.

I help in being my husbands back bone and support system. He calls me his anchor!

I help by caring my husbands children in my stomach for 9months and bringing them forth in hard labour and pain.

I help in raising and training God fearing children making us proud in sch.

I help by cooking his meals, making sure our home is always clean.

I help by playing the perfect host to his friends and business partners.

I help in taking care of my father in law.

I help my husband by being trust worthy. He trusts me with everything.

It's called being a WIFE!
I don't need to give my husband money before it can he said that I have helped he.

Hope you get that.
no wonder, u be typical house wife. doh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Is Searching For This Kind Of 'wife Material' To Marry (photos) / No Guts No Glory (upload Ur Pretty Faces Without Makeup) / Dear Girls, Never Miss A Boy With This 8 Following Qualities.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.