Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:19 AM

I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? (57444 Views)

How I Almost Gave My Life To Christ On My Way To Have Sex With A Man / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / "I Gave My Neighbor A Lift, 6 Months After We Got Married" - Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 8:06pm On Sep 21, 2017
Freeman59:

Foolish comment. Did you read where she said he wasn't picking up his phone anymore?

I am really suprised that people liked that comment.. This shows how Nigerians are so embarassed embarassed dont even know what to say..

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Ishilove: 8:06pm On Sep 21, 2017
Sanchez01:

Pride, love. His pride must have been bashed. It is possible that she might have harassed him to the point that all of their discussions centred around the money in question. He must have grown tired of explaining time and time again, promising to pay when he can. She might not be interested in those and wants her money back and wouldn't mind going to his place on the day she is off just so she could get her money since the interest isn't forthcoming.

She clearly doesn't mind if the relationship comes to end all because of the money. What changed? I believe without a doubt that her greed and insensitivity opened the dude's eyes. Money is always temporary.
All suppositions. It's her money and she reserves the right to do what she pleases with it.

She says he has made the money back so why doesn't he want to return it??

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by TundeHashim(m): 8:06pm On Sep 21, 2017
Tapout:
go to his family house with police and arrest his mother and See the Magic work.... Thank me later
By Nigerian law, that's illegal. Criminal responsibility is the basis of criminal liability and as such, he's mother can NOT be criminally liable for an act she's not criminally responsible for. On relationship advice, many have said so much and she's free to choose from any BUT on a strictly legal note, I'll advice she get a debt recovery attorney to help her with her suit.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 21, 2017
focus on ur marriage first
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
rosalieene:

exactly my sister.

nothing a LAdy does is good in the eyes of this guys.

Everything a guy does, good or bad is always good.

most of them, it reflects in their character offline.
they don't waste time to criticize a LAdy

this are the kind of guys every lady should flee from.

Will you calm down. Both of them are wrong as hell. The guy might have his reasons. Failing to communicate it is wrong. The lady too is also wrong because "he is not picking my calls after I gave him 500k to pay back" is one of the most stupid reasons I've ever heard.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
NowisGod109:
I'm sure all diz comments are from guys who haven't seen a girl like OP to dupe...any guy wey dupe me na winch.. Hahahaha

Yes o...Lol... you're right.... guys that haven't seen 20k, that's why they have so much hate on the matter

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Ishilove: 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
nkwuocha:

grin grin grin
The lady is not well calculative.I hope she takes the matter to the police as soon as she realize he is no longer communicating. I do owe ,but then when I see their calls ,I pick.Some will scream down their lungs,threaten to lock me up,but hey,no wahala.If its not a situation I can handle on phone,I pay a visit to my creditors.

My problem with this issue is just the lack of communication and the fact he is not trying to establish one.It doesn't matter if she is a lady,some men will also feel insulted.His idea of not trying to communicate yo me is a no no.
You have spoken my mind.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
Op, mistake number one: dont ever, i mean ever borrow your boyfriend or fiance or husband money. Dash out money u can afford to loose, without feeling bad.

Borrowing money kills relationships and marriage.

Your fiance will never give u the money back. Just kiss the 500k goodbye.

But i wonder your kind of person sha

No man in nigeria will boast he has ever borrowed his gf such money. They are always claiming broke. Always claiming am i your father? Girls are gold diggers but theh are so quick to play the emotional card, come up with abuisness plan to make you empty your savings on them.

Well this is learning process for u on your next relationship. Dont ever borrow money instead dash.

Next time, you wil always claim broke, like most men do these days. And give out just the right amout u can remove eye from.

What a pity.

Youve been played.

7 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by otunba88(m): 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

You are a callous and wicked person.

You aren't even sure if he's broken even, you're not trying to be supportive, you're not even giving him a few weeks to stabilize after some production problems. All you're after is your miserly 500k that you lent to him.

You don't ever deserve to be married cos your type will turn to Jezebel if your hubby ever has financial issues.

If he wanted to scam you, will it be 500K, don't you know he'll be looking for a way to get more?

I pray for that guy that he doesn't marry you cos you will make his life miserable if he ever has financial problems.

Funny thing is that most of y'all women are like this, always quick to collect everything possible but when it comes to giving it's a problem.

I hope you fall into wrong hands that will teach you a lesson of your life since you can't be supportive of your to be husband.

All the harshness was duly intended and I exercised restraint not to call you names.

You ave spoken wisely. Most ladies outside now re demons.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by amazingspiderma: 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
From a business point of view he asked for 1m and you provided 500k, thanks. In a business, entrepreneurs usually require a given amount to break even.It is from this that they can maximize profits and pay debt or other outstanding cost.
Remember you gave him only 500kband didn't provide the balance. Are you sure he did not source for fund elsewhere since you didn't provide him the balance.
You agreed to terms which you didn't meet up with him and now you want you money back.
Something tells me you will get your money, but I hope that will not be the last time, you will here from him.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Sterope(f): 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
If you were more than the phone, you would have returned it at the agreed date and time. You wouldn't have borrowed the phone to begin with. If you also had any shred of humility, you wouldn't have taken offence over a property that is not yours. If you had integrity, you would have kept to your word.

A girl does not need to be above 30 to NOT be a prodigal child. It is her property. She can shout from morning to night over it. It is none of your business. Please return her phone to her.

EMMAUGOH:
This is exactly how girls above 30yrs behave.... Mehn if am in the guys shoe I will do same.. See the way u reduced the guys Wort to 500k...cant go into marriage with a girl like u.... Nagging about her money all over you all the time as if my worth is not up to that..
That's how a girl borrowed me her phone and when I fail to return it the time I told her she started all this my grandma want the phone, it's my aunt own this and that...

Mehn after that her worth reduce drastically.. This was a phone that was lying on her table before.. And come to imagine what she thinks when she says she loves me.

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by NowisGod109(f): 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Yes o...Lol... you're right.... guys that haven't seen 20k, that's why they have so much hate on the matter
By their words we shall know them broke asses

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by humilitypays(m): 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
‎Nigerian women will never fail! Lol

Ordinary 500k and the whole Nigeria must be aware she helped her boyfriend!

Meagre 500k Nigerian guys spend in taking their girlfriends out a day, Naija men has suffered sha cry cry

Millions of Nigerian guys pay their girlfriends/fiancées school fees, house rents, etc running into millions and nobody gets to hear about it!

For your info, consider the relationship gone cos the guy if he is an enlightened young man, must have read this thread and he has canceled u from his heart, and yes, u deserve it because u feel as a typical Nigerian lady u are, lending your lover 500k is way too much and makes u a rich lady lol

Black ladies are really stingy, wicked and ‎so mean sha, lesson young men must learn‎

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2017
Ishilove:

All suppositions. It's her money and she reserves the right to do what she pleases with it.

She says he has made the money back so why doesn't he want to return it??

She's insinuating that he has made the money back. She's not sure for a fact

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by nkwuocha: 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Who's rubbing shoulders, scroll up and read your comments...Guy how you take pass JAMB...look at you dilating here and there, now sense has fallen on you..It is well..

Good Day

Pass jamb ke?
How that one take concern my Meat selling business? grin grin

You "educated" Nigerians sef.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Sterope(f): 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
Why don't you read the op's post again? It doesn't seem like you have the ability to understand what you read.

TheRealestGuy:

You are a callous and wicked person.

You aren't even sure if he's broken even, you're not trying to be supportive, you're not even giving him a few weeks to stabilize after some production problems. All you're after is your miserly 500k that you lent to him.

You don't ever deserve to be married cos your type will turn to Jezebel if your hubby ever has financial issues.

If he wanted to scam you, will it be 500K, don't you know he'll be looking for a way to get more?

I pray for that guy that he doesn't marry you cos you will make his life miserable if he ever has financial problems.

Funny thing is that most of y'all women are like this, always quick to collect everything possible but when it comes to giving it's a problem.

I hope you fall into wrong hands that will teach you a lesson of your life since you can't be supportive of your to be husband.

All the harshness was duly intended and I exercised restraint not to call you names.

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Josephamstrong1(m): 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2017
Why bring this here? Women self. Mitschww.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Ishilove: 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2017
Oluwaseyi00:
he can't borrow money here now cheesy
Don't mind him. That's why I asked the question because it is obvious his intentions are impure grin

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Linux007(m): 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
YelloweWest:

Don't mind the silly hungry boys here on nl. The truth is no responsible man will comfortably take money from his gf.
If he has no other option but to take from his girlfriend he certainly won't be an asś.

I hope u get ur money back and dumb him. That's not a man. He will wreck u.
And some broke girls suddenly have an opinion. Come back and advise us when u have a responsible entrepreneur boyfriend u can 500k to run a business.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Sterope(f): 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
I am not going to judge because I feel there may even more to what she has written however whether or not he has made the money back, he should have communicated that to her.

thesuave10:

5 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
alexialin:
Op, mistake number one: dont ever, i mean ever borrow your boyfriend or fiance or husband money. Dash out money u can afford to loose, without feeling bad.

Borrowing money kills relationships and marriage.

Your fiance will never give u the money back. Just kiss the 500k goodbye.

But i wonder your kind of person sha

No man in nigeria will boast he has ever borrowed his gf such money. They are always claiming broke. Always claiming am i your father? Girls are gold diggers but theh are so quick to play
the emotional card, come up with abuisness plan to

Take note she gave him part of the money, what if he sourced the remaining from somewhere else and has to pay them back first plus his workers. What if business is not moving. Just swerve. Immee read this
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by OTEGA1: 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
I guess she's an Ibo girl looking for every opportunity to collect. She only invested cos of returns not cos of helping d business stand..
It's weird a guy with a recycling plant will run away with ur 500k..
Are u saying his biz not up to 500k..
Dear forget about the money let it be a seed u sowed into up s company u are more interested in d money dan ur relationship...

I pray u get wisdom
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by centoke30(m): 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
Immee:
Hello fellow nairalanders, pls advise needed on this issue.

My bf and I have been together for a while now and planning on having our marriage introduction by November and marriage proper early next year.

Im an independent woman with a gud job. As a matter of fact, ive never made any financial request from this guy though he buys gift for me without requesting. He is doing well financially too, he runs a recycling factory while I work with a manufacturing company.

Things are working well between us since the relationship started untill recently when we had some business deals together ( my opinion though) cos I don't understand him anymore. He was broke at that time and needed to get some materials which he never budgeted for. He requested that I invest in his company by paying for those materials since they're coming cheap and he doesn't have enough to get them at that time and wouldn't want to loose the opportunity. I consented to the idea cos I knew he's business was very lucrative and that I'll get my money back with interest. He promised to be paying me a weekly dividend so I thought of giving 1 million naira. I made an instant transfer of 500k to his account as dts the maximum I can do daily without a token and I wasn't with it then.

The 2nd day dt I was suppose to send the remaining money, some issues occurred in his company in my presence. He had some major issues with some of the equipments in his factory. He had to stop productions for some days. So i with held the balance as it wont be neccesary since there was no production.While repairs were ongoing? I had to liase with some of my junior colleagues at work who are engineers to help my bf cos I found out he's engineer's aren't capable of handling the situation as dts the first time he would experience such. As God will have it operations started back in few days with the support of my engineers.

My concern now is since things went back to normal in my bf compan' he's yet to keep to his promise of the weekly dividend he said I would be receiving from the investment. As a matter of fact , things has changed between us cos he no longer call and hardly pick my calls. I communicate with him mostly thru SMS now since he wouldn't pick my calls. I'd sent messages to him to return my money without interest and he has promised to pay back with no time and date of when he's going to pay back. I even had plans of going to his place today since im off work so as to force him to go to the bank with him so DT I can get my money but he left the house early in the morning with excuses that he has a place to go and would return to my place after leaving there.

Pls guys how best can I get this money back from him cos I know he has it but playing pranks on me. I don't mind loosing my relationship with him as I don't trust him any longer.
when was the last time you guys talked about yourselves and business?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
NowisGod109:

By their words we shall know them broke asses

Seriously it's pretty obvious, way too glaring... the country needs help, if majority of men are stuck beneath average,who shall deliver us...if a man doesn't have money, at least he should have worth, tall words and pretend he has, it's annoying to see how cheap some words are///no class atall, people can't be coy and pretend... grin grin grin
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by okerekeikpo: 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2017
Did you tell us b4 giving him?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by tosyne2much(m): 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
supersystemsnig:

She didn't invest for interest Sir, but for love for her man...
Shey you know when you're basing your judgment upon hearing one side of a story, you shouldn't view things from a narrow and limited worldview?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Blackhawk01: 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
tosyne2much:
I think both of you have one be blamed

From your comment, it's very obvious that you're somewhat selfish. Reason being that you actually invested in the business because of the interest you will get in return. But now, you're saying you want your money back without even the interest. Meaning that, you literally gave him the money for your own selfish interest too.

As for the guy, he messed up not because he wasn't able to fulfill his promises but because he has been dodging you. As a debtor, dodging someone you're owning money is a criminal offence. At least, he should give her reasons as to why uncertainties prevented him from paying back the money in installments

Somewhat selfish and she lent him her own money? Do you guys read threads upsidedown or what? Dude brought up the idea of an interest not the babe, stop trying to pin this on her. Put the gender aside, let's make Op MrX, how would you have him deal with this.

If I lend you 100naira with you promising to give it back at a particular time, failure to do so without you giving me reasons will put a strain on our relationship. Don't give promises, you can't keep.

This is total dishonesty, nonchalant attitude, ungratefulness, two faced ediotism(pardon me) on his part.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Ishilove: 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
thesuave10:

How do we know that she's not sure? She is the one interacting with him and knows the business.

Besides it doesn't explain why he has stopped picking her calls.

Look, she's human. What would you do if you were in her shoes?

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
Sterope:
I am not going to judge because I feel there may even more to what she has written however whether or not he has made the money back, he should have communicated that to her.

Agreed.. But he may have his reasons which I'm as much as it is inappropriate they stand a chance to be very understandable .the issue is that how she wants to handle it is fûcking absurd
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Chukwumajr(m): 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
I think you don't love him, u just like his personality, he was very sinsere with u as regards d intention for d money, which he encounter issues in d first place n u help with d experts that fix it, that's highly commendable, remember u are suppose to help him with a million naira n u end up giving half of that forgetting that, that will affect d investment because he most have done proper calculations on d amount require to hit d ground rolling , he's avoiding your calls because u are asking him to pay u back as quickly as possible, without asking to no how business is going, n with that your putting him under pressure, n he least expect that from a woman that claim to love him, even bank give time for payment n even even made imquirimg to no how there investment is going , n remember u borrow money to a man u said u love n ask for interest during payment, that's very strange, well u don't love him after all, n he knows that now by d pressure your making him go tru withiou letting him to start making profit, he will pay u, I believe he's looking for somewhere to borrow to pay u to free himself from u.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
tosyne2much:
Shey you know when you're basing your judgment upon hearing one side of a story, you shouldn't view things from a narrow and limited worldview?

abeg bros... you get hatred for women, look at how you went straight for her...she asked for advice and not judgement.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
Damilaresimon25:
You don't mind loosing him and your well planned marriage, all you want is your MONEY.. Like seriously

dats weird to me though....

He refused to pick your calls because he knows u are always gonna request for your money whenever u call, not sitting him down to ask what d problem is.

Exactly my thoughts

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

Worst Date; Man Shares 400k Bill With Lady & Her Girlfriend He Went On Date With / Wedding Photos Of The Young Nigerian Guy And His Older American Wife / 'Stop Downplaying Sex. If I Love You, I Will Ask For Sex' - Nigerian Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.