Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,909 members, 7,962,929 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 08:24 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1035) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4533767 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:45am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

[size=14pt]

American president Obama was major speaker at Mandela's funeral, show me how he assisted to free South Africa from apartheid, and I will show you letter Nigeria wrote to America and Britain warning them of the evils in their strong support for apartheid.

I seem to know South African history more than you do, reason why I said if not for Nigeria saving you, all you guys posting on Nairaland will not even have a laptop....and if you go to the beach for picnic, the apartheid white man's dog will eat you for it's own animal picnic. tongue tongue [/size]

[size=14] WHAT IS IT THAT YOU ARE SMOKING EXACTLY? WE ALSO WANT TO SHARE IT WITH YOU. NIGERIA ROLE IN THE SOUTH AFRICAS STRUGGLE IS NOT EXCEPTIONAL. NIGERIANS ARE JUST OVER EXAGGERATING THEIR CONTRIBUTION IN THE APARTHEID STRUGGLE BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS WANT TO BE FORWARD WITH EVERYTHING EVEN WHERE THEY DO NOT DESERVE RECOGNITION. THEY WANT TO CLAIM THE LEGACY OF SOWETO STUDENT WHO FOUGHT HEAVILY ARMED APARTHEID POLICE AND BE KILLED IN THE CROSS FIRE.

IT SEEMS THAT YOU DONT KNOW THE HISTORY OF OBAMA THE PRESIDENT OF YOUR IMAGINERY REFUGE. GO AND READ HIS HISTORY AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND HIS CONTRIBUTION IN THE FIGHT AGAINST APARTHEID AND HOW MANDELA WAS ALWAYS HIS INSPIRATION. NIGERIA DID NOTHING OTHER THAN TAKING A PEN AND WRITTING A LONG BORING ESSAY OF WHAT WAS ALREADY KNOWN TO BOTH UK AND US.[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 15, 2014
Surely you are providing this link to win your baseless argument,Rwandan soldiers AKA m23 rebels in the DRC were making similar claims saying they were killing south African soldiers in numbers,in reality they were the ones in the receiving end,SANDF does nt entertain propaganda which seems to be the norm in many African countries including yours...the then Seleka president Michel djotodia confessed saying that those 200 SAn soldiers showed them magic,the so called commander you are quoting was confused to an extent he saw the bodies of his own men as of south Africans,one south African life equals 100 Nigerians,if the number of casualties exceeded the one we all know,there would had been outcry from the affected families...30 Nigerian soldiers were killed in an ambush by BH yesterday,what is your comment?

agaugust:

Those guys ran from Seleka, and had no courage to go back since 2013. Cowardice is a virtue of honour in South Africa cheesy cheesy

Look at those pictures, SANDF soldiers are really old and weak, if those guys run 500 meters, their heart beat pulse rate will hit 200 !!

They will just fall down and collapse cheesy cheesy

SANDF retirement home militia cheesy cheesy

"But in Bangui, Cyril Bensimon, the RFI journalist who originally reported the claims of more SANDF deaths, stuck to his story on Friday, saying that other sources had since contacted him to confirm it. An officer of the Central African peacekeeping force, FOMAC, which had also been stationed in the CAR, had told him that FOMAC troops had brought about 40 bodies of SANDF troops back from the battlefield to the SANDF base.

A regional diplomat had also congratulated Bensimon on his article, telling him: “You have written what we could not say.”

And he said that the Seleka chief of staff, General Hakouma Arda, who led the forces which clashed with the SANDF, and who had told him he had personally seen the bodies of 36 SANDF soldiers on the battlefield, was a reliable source."

http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/seleka-rebels-dispute-death-toll-of-soldiers-1.1496538#.U-1sxPldVB0

"General Arda Hakouma, who led the Seleka rebel coalition operation to capture Bangui, insists more South Africans were among the soldiers he killed.

“What is certain, I personally, Chief of Staff, chief of operations, so I am the one who directed the battle, I saw 36 South African dead and 22 wounded. That’s for sure, and there were prisoners too, we handed them over to Fomac [The regional African peacekeeping force for CAR]," he said."

http://www.english.rfi.fr/africa/20130404-witness-saw-over-50-bodybags-heading-south-africa-amid-allegations-involving-zumas-n

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:09am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

America bought South African MRAPS for urgent need in Iraq/Afghanistan, now they don't need you any more. MRAP technology is NOT rocket science, the Americans and Chinese have taken MRAP beyond South Africa's old level.

The world of MRAPs no longer revolves around South Africa, Russians and Israelis now make great MRAPS...

Israel has built a RPG resistant MRAP.....http://www.military-today.com/apc/golan_mrap.htm

MRAP TECHNOLOGY WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE HANDS OF SOUTH AFRICANS. WE HAVE MANUFACTURED VARIETY OF MRAPS THAN ANY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. CHINA DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO BUILD STRONG MRAPS.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 7:17am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

Try to improve your life a bit by accepting simple corrections. Your fellow countryman is telling you that Israeli army and air force are probably the best men in the world and you are still twisting his tongue. Humility is a virtue, be a man.

No, he is listing the inferiority and obsolecence of their equipment. Learn to read.

Isreal is no where near the best military in the world. Not even top 5 of the Western Aligned nations.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 7:20am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

You just slapped yourself, mumu.

Your other 2 comments are more stupidd, so ignore them and answer the less stupidd one.

Anywhere in the world, when an army gets an order to do something, that thing becomes their responsibility. SANDF was ordered to enter Kruger park and stop Rhino poachers, it becomes their responsibility.

So sad to see the self acclaimed 'Masters of bush war' become a final failure in their own backyard bush, defeated by thieves armed with hunting rifles. SANDF una be real mumu cheesy cheesy

Straw-man detected

SANDF duties in Kruger are part of OP Corona which is border control

Anti-poaching duties are under the command of the South African parks board. The SANDF only provides some assistance for individual operations, such as hot persuit. Day to day duties are those of rangers not the SANDF

And still, we better protect our Rhino than Nigeria protects its civilians.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:20am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

Slim fit soldiers with stamina, not SANDF pot belly fat azzes. Have you seen how slim Israeli soldiers are? Speed and endurance. Fat kills cheesy cheesy

POVERTY HAS MANY WAYS OF REVEALING ITSELF WHETHER YOU HAVE ATHLETIC BODY OR NOT. I KNOW NIGERIA AND I KNOW THE LIVING CONDITIONS OF SOLDIERS IN NIGERIA. A STREET SWEEPER IN SOUTH AFRICA EARNS FAR BETTER SALARY THAN A NIGERIAN SOLDIER. YOUR SOLDIERS ARE DEMOTIVATED BY THE FACT THAT EVEN BOKO HARAM MILITANTS EARN BETTER SALARY THAN THEM.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 7:21am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

[size=14pt]

American president Obama was major speaker at Mandela's funeral, show me how he assisted to free South Africa from apartheid, and I will show you letter Nigeria wrote to America and Britain warning them of the evils in their strong support for apartheid.

I seem to know South African history more than you do, reason why I said if not for Nigeria saving you, all you guys posting on Nairaland will not even have a laptop....and if you go to the beach for picnic, the apartheid white man's dog will eat you for it's own animal picnic. tongue tongue [/size]

So you wrote a letter and now you wish to claim you brought down apartheid?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a joke.

Nigeria had nothing to do with the end of apartheid.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 7:21am On Aug 15, 2014
Henry120:

I don't know why you keep colouring comments all over nairaland.com, are you a failed painter?

In addition to the IGIRIGI and Proforce defence APC's, we can also get additional protected mobility from INKAS, ARZA armouring, Mekahog/DCD manufactured IKRI, and a fourth from a chinese-nigerian company based in nigeria.

So like I said earlier, the pool is large enough to meet local demand, and we can get hundreds of additional protected mobility if we want to.

And yet you dont.

Because what you are claiming is a lie.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 7:24am On Aug 15, 2014
Henry120:

After typing that long meaningless tale, you still could not refute the glaring fact, the troops in crimea were russian.

What I type is actually what I see happening around me. My regret at the moment, was my inability to attend the just concluded "armoured vehicles west-africa conference" in Abuja.

I would surely have been better armed with information on the new entrants of the nigerian market.

The troops in Crimea were the best of the best of Russian army and are not an indication of the equipment or quality of the average russian soldier.

Russia is a joke. Look at them in Chechnya - they won but at disgusting cost.

Even look at their operations against Georgia.

Russia has a big military but of poor quality. Its been that way since before WW1.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 7:25am On Aug 15, 2014
Henry120:
The cougar and bushmaster MRAPs are the best MRAPs in the world.

Until substantiated by fact this is nothing more than your worthless opinion

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 7:27am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

Nigerian army carries 5 mags, yes, the American army can carry 1 million mags if the like, they did not win COIN war in Afghanistan. For South African army at 6 mags, it's not much difference from 5 mags, and who will copy South Africa? Nobody, 13 African countries came to Nigeria to learn COIN warfare 2014 modern tactics, they saw SANDF there and ignored you.

Nigeria has it's own combat doctrine, Sirius Black said the vehicles we drive in are loaded with boxes of extra mags. Those soldiers you see are always photographed close to their vehicles, means current ops is motorized. If they have to leave vehicle for long range ops, they will carry extra mags.

There are 3 different orders for battle, assault order (short duration, only essential load), combat order (24 hours load), and marching orders (14 days load)....for each order type, soldiers carry very different quantity of supplies.

I won't repeat old posts, Nigerian army does NOT rely on just AK-47 mags for combat, every fire-team of four soldiers has a machine gun with belt feed ammo.

A photo is worth a thousand words....try count the number of bullets a 4-man NA team carry on their bodies. Mumu cheesy

Is that a photo of a some underfunded militia somewhere in the jungle?

Because those are surely not professional soldiers grin

PS: The rest of your post is meaningless drivel

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 7:30am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

Nigerian army carries 5 mags, yes, the American army can carry 1 million mags if the like, they did not win COIN war in Afghanistan. For South African army at 6 mags, it's not much difference from 5 mags, and who will copy South Africa? Nobody, 13 African countries came to Nigeria to learn COIN warfare 2014 modern tactics, they saw SANDF there and ignored you.

Nigeria has it's own combat doctrine, Sirius Black said the vehicles we drive in are loaded with boxes of extra mags. Those soldiers you see are always photographed close to their vehicles, means current ops is motorized. If they have to leave vehicle for long range ops, they will carry extra mags.

There are 3 different orders for battle, assault order (short duration, only essential load), combat order (24 hours load), and marching orders (14 days load)....for each order type, soldiers carry very different quantity of supplies.

I won't repeat old posts, Nigerian army does NOT rely on just AK-47 mags for combat, every fire-team of four soldiers has a machine gun with belt feed ammo.

A photo is worth a thousand words....try count the number of bullets a 4-man NA team carry on their bodies. Mumu cheesy

Also, is that an Chinese Type 56 is see on the ground?

- we dont use AK's
- posts pictures with men with an AK

looool

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 7:30am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

Today, one new MiG-21 price will buy 6 of the best MRAPS in this world. Poor nations like Benin Republic is buying Casspir 2000 MRAP, so what makes you think MRAP is a wealthy countries' equipment? Malawi Republic has MRAPS....You this Olodo cheesy

Yes, but so do many many NATO nations we have sold to.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 7:31am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

The Nigerian soldiers' photos you see are those on brief ops mostly, assault order, short duration, and most are motorized. You have never seen photos of NA troops on long range marching order that are equipped for many days survival. I recommend you travel to north east Nigeria and see things for yourself, then come back and tell us your story after seeing our 20,000 men.....if you ever come back ! cheesy cheesy

Killing your own argument.

In assault order we carry more ammo. Because we are better equipped and you are under equipped.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 7:33am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

Those guys ran from Seleka, and had no courage to go back since 2013. Cowardice is a virtue of honour in South Africa cheesy cheesy

Look at those pictures, SANDF soldiers are really old and weak, if those guys run 500 meters, their heart beat pulse rate will hit 200 !!

They will just fall down and collapse cheesy cheesy

SANDF retirement home militia cheesy cheesy

"But in Bangui, Cyril Bensimon, the RFI journalist who originally reported the claims of more SANDF deaths, stuck to his story on Friday, saying that other sources had since contacted him to confirm it. An officer of the Central African peacekeeping force, FOMAC, which had also been stationed in the CAR, had told him that FOMAC troops had brought about 40 bodies of SANDF troops back from the battlefield to the SANDF base.

A regional diplomat had also congratulated Bensimon on his article, telling him: “You have written what we could not say.”

And he said that the Seleka chief of staff, General Hakouma Arda, who led the forces which clashed with the SANDF, and who had told him he had personally seen the bodies of 36 SANDF soldiers on the battlefield, was a reliable source."

http://www.iol.co.za/news/africa/seleka-rebels-dispute-death-toll-of-soldiers-1.1496538#.U-1sxPldVB0

"General Arda Hakouma, who led the Seleka rebel coalition operation to capture Bangui, insists more South Africans were among the soldiers he killed.

“What is certain, I personally, Chief of Staff, chief of operations, so I am the one who directed the battle, I saw 36 South African dead and 22 wounded. That’s for sure, and there were prisoners too, we handed them over to Fomac [The regional African peacekeeping force for CAR]," he said."

http://www.english.rfi.fr/africa/20130404-witness-saw-over-50-bodybags-heading-south-africa-amid-allegations-involving-zumas-n

1. Show us where we ran away
2. Both those reports have been destroyed
3. The SANDF has said that if peackeeping forces in CAR need help, we will send men.

You also forget that we were poised to invade the CAR with men, Gripen and Rooivalk poised to strike. But the regional FOMAC grouping was unwilling to support us.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 7:35am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

Nigeria is using domestically made spy balloons, it is one reason why attacks on major cities have greatly reduced.

"The Commander, Corps of Engineers, Major General Funsho Owonibi, made this disclosure yesterday at the opening ceremony of the Operations Planning Cadre organised by the 81 Division General Officer Commanding, Major General Tamunomieibi Dibi, held at 65 Battalion, Victoria Island, Lagos.

He said some of the measures included the establishment of bomb disposal squadrons in all divisional headquarters, establishment of canine units as well as establishment of the department of lessons learnt at army headquarters and civilian-military relations up to divisional levels.

Owonibi also said the recent establishment of the Nigerian army low altitude platform station was to considerably improve its ability to checkmate terrorism"

http://allafrica.com/stories/201407220484.html

On artillery, you got it wrong, Palmaria does direct fire on ground targets with it's main gun depressed to human height level, and technically the range is still 24 km !!!

It will wipe out enemy tanks from 10km long range ! It has telescopic target image magnification x8.

You dont mess around with Nigerian army dude !

lol, did he just say that he would use an SPG as a tank destroyer?

HAHAHHA

I dont think augugubgugug knows how a howitzer works.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:56am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

South African army has NO direct fire weapon with range more than 10km....at that range you are exposed to Nigerian army weapons of the same equal range....in war, you k.ill and also get k.illed in the process.
Targeting for mortars,AGLs etc is done using portable radars,binoculars(range finders and designators),thermal images etc. Whether the target moves,information is transferred through data links to command post,guns etc. Nigerian has the worst artillery STA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:59am On Aug 15, 2014
Henry120:

They are holding land in pretoria. BH cannot hold land in nigeria, they would be annihilated into sawdust.

You wish you have a city like Abuja. Mind you, We don't all reside in Abuja or lagos dummy.
Nope in places like Damboa. Abuja?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:02am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

Fact: 1 assault rifle and 150 bullet. You mean GPMG ammo?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:05am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

The Nigerian soldiers' photos you see are those on brief ops mostly, assault order, short duration, and most are motorized. You have never seen photos of NA troops on long range marching order that are equipped for many days survival. I recommend you travel to north east Nigeria and see things for yourself, then come back and tell us your story after seeing our 20,000 men.....if you ever come back ! cheesy cheesy
No buddy aid,lack air medical evacuation,lack armoured vehicles,shortage of patrol packs,shortage of ammunition etc. Motorised? On what? 200 Cobras for 20 000 men?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:08am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

Slim fit soldiers with stamina, not SANDF pot belly fat azzes. Have you seen how slim Israeli soldiers are? Speed and endurance. Fat kills cheesy cheesy
Carrying one assault rifle? Don't talk about stamina,SANDF soldiers of certain units carry packs up to 180kg and marching for weeks.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:10am On Aug 15, 2014
agaugust:

[size=16pt]Nigeria orders 40,000 radios and more helicopters, plus Armoured vehicles !

http://www.tendersinfo.com/nigeria-contracts.php[/size]

This proves what we've been saying: Lack of radios,armoured vehicles etc....The list is endless

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:16am On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

The troops in Crimea were the best of the best of Russian army and are not an indication of the equipment or quality of the average russian soldier.

Russia has a big military but of poor quality. Its been that way since before WW1.
Russian relies on numbers. You shoot one soldier another man holding a rifle takes his place.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

And yet you dont.

Because what you are claiming is a lie.

All the vehicles are on show for all to see. It is left for the policy makers to buy according to their requirements.

The nigerian army is 130,000 strong, plus a reserve force of 30,000, so their is a large market to accommodate multiple defence providers.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

Until substantiated by fact this is nothing more than your worthless opinion

You type like you're very hurt. LMAO!!!!!!!
It doesn't however change the fact THE COUGAR AND BUSHMASTER ARE THE WORLD'S BEST, POPULAR AND MOST RELIABLE MRAP
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

Stop typing rubbish on and on. My question requires a simple yes or no answer.

Where the troops in Crimea russian or not?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 11:18am On Aug 15, 2014
@AUGUSTUS THOSE ARE TWO WAY RADIOES

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 15, 2014
MikeZA: This proves what we've been saying: Lack of radios,armoured vehicles etc....The list is endless

It means there are always multiple procurements which go un-reported in the media. As such fraudulent sources like defenceweb.co.za cannot and should not be trusted.

The tender clearly states that on the 12 of August 2014, the nigerian military placed tenders for the additional supply of helicopters, armoured vehicles and 20,000 radios.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 15, 2014
patches689:

Also, is that an Chinese Type 56 is see on the ground?

- we dont use AK's
- posts pictures with men with an AK

looool

Those are proper military forces sorting out their Ammo, not photoshoped, not hollywood styled photos, but the reality of military life.

That is the sort of military I want to see, a military that fights, not a parade ground military or FLICKr or Instagram type SANDF.

Yes, they are somewhere in the jungle, so that the rest of the country can get the job of building and maintaining Africa's largest and most prosperous economy.

They are in the jungle, so that the President can inaugurate a 2 billion dollars methanol plant, as he did yesterday, and continues to do.

A proper military.

We don't use AK-47s.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 15, 2014
MikeZA: Russian relies on numbers. You shoot one soldier another man holding a rifle takes his place.

They rely on numbers, yet have built the world's second largest defence industry.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:37am On Aug 15, 2014
Henry120:

It means there are always multiple procurements which go un-reported in the media. As such fraudulent sources like defenceweb.co.za cannot and should not be trusted.

The tender clearly states that on the 12 of August 2014, the nigerian military placed tenders for the additional supply of helicopters, arm angryoured vehicles and 20,000 radios.

IT MEANS THAT ALL THIS WHILE YOU NEVER HAD EQUIPMENTS AS THE MEDIA SPECULATED.

HERE IS THE EVIDENCE

http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/13/nigerian-troops-battle-retake-gwoza-boko-haram-kills-20-kidnaps-women
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2014
Henry120:

You type like you're very hurt. LMAO!!!!!!!
It doesn't however change the fact THE COUGAR AND BUSHMASTER ARE THE WORLD'S BEST, POPULAR AND MOST RELIABLE MRAP

I am not hurt at all.

Because this is only your opinion. And I do not regard your opinion as relevant.

And finally, I have shown that at the very least the Cougar and Bushmaster are not as popular as the Casspir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) (1036) (1037) (1038) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.