Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,618 members, 7,941,375 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:44 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4516389 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
andrewza:

So if it only going to move people to and from prepead airports why not use a civlian airline?

When troops move you move with cargo.

That is why, I have said you guys should read carefully. Don't just jump in to make rash comments.

Some of The C-130's would then be used as dedicated cargo planes for the military.

I stated same earlier.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
andrewza:

I mention suacepan allready. You welcom to come to any AAD show. Since we cancelled the A400M there been there. I will find a post later.

Why would you convert a boiening in to troop transport. Have you not got a national airline for that. SAA regually flys SANDF personal a number of SAA pilots are SAAF reserve force.

Why so many VIP aircraft.

We do not have a national carrier. Arik air is nigeria's largest carrier, however it Is privately owned.

To your last question

The president
The vice president
The senate president
The speaker of the house
The chief of defence staff
The service chiefs
Minister of foreign affairs
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by hiuser(m): 1:51pm On Mar 16, 2013
Barracks on the moon! crystal blades..diamon dust and all! reinforcements!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
Henry120:

How does ZUMA transport his presidential car??

Mali has 2 C-130's and 1 G222 deployed. There are 3 more C-130's in the country. How that is a problem is beyond me.

There's no cargo plane dedicated to the presidency or members of cabinet in SA but the SAAF ferries the president. Our foreign affairs uses SAA, British airways and other private airlines.

Why should a president have a plane especially for his SUV its a waist of money, do you even know how much it costs to keep a C-130 airborne.

2 C-130's in Mali 3 at home which one is dedicated for the lonesome car and other perks.

Wow your NAF your guys have truly the best with managing such planes which you can't even service or upgrade in Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2013
hiuser: Barracks on the moon! crystal blades..diamon dust and all! reinforcements!

And you are
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by hiuser(m): 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
Just gist!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2013
snydergp:

There's no cargo plane dedicated to the presidency or members of cabinet in SA but the SAAF ferries the president. Our foreign affairs uses SAA, British airways and other private airlines.

Why should a president have a plane especially for his SUV its a waist of money, do you even know how much it costs to keep a C-130 airborne.

2 C-130's in Mali 3 at home which one is dedicated for the lonesome car and other perks.

Wow your NAF your guys have truly the best with managing such planes which you can't even service or upgrade in Nigeria.

The president of nigeria does not drive a limousine. He drives a mercedes G-class.

I do share your sentiments that dedicating a C-130 for the president is a waste of resources. However the agency in charge of his security should be in the best position to answer that question.

I have told you severally that the airforce operates SIX C-130's, however your hard head would not allow you accept this fact.

Now jacob Zuma went to see mummar ghaddafi in tripoli 6 months before the latter was deposed from office, my question is, how was his (ZUMA's) logistics, CAR, pick up trucks for his security team and military hardware transferred to libya?

You are a dolt. The airforce dose in house servicing and maintenance for all her planes. The C-130's sent abroad, were sent so that they can receive a comprehensive over haul and up grade of all their systems and gadgets( up to date radar system, defence system). Just to bring it to par with the latest american C-130.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 16, 2013
snydergp:

Why should a president have a plane especially for his SUV its a waist of money, do you even know how much it costs to keep a C-130 airborne]

Lol @ bolded... have you heard of the airforce one? Go figure!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
hiuser: Barracks on the moon! crystal blades..diamon dust and all! reinforcements!
Effects of codeine lipsrsealed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
snydergp:

And you are HIGH and about to FLY like a bird

Syndergp, you see why I constantly tell you to stay off weed, you might end up like that chap.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
Henry120:

How does ZUMA transport his presidential car??

Mali has 2 C-130's and 1 G222 deployed. There are 3 more C-130's in the country. How that is a problem is beyond me.

I though you had 6 C130 2 mali 1 presdent 3 being being renevieted.

Not with a C130 at his personal beck and call. If it is internal there are plenty of VIP cars for him when he lands.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:36pm On Mar 16, 2013
Henry120:

The president of nigeria does not drive a limousine. He drives a mercedes G-class.

I do share your sentiments that dedicating a C-130 for the president is a waste of resources. However the agency in charge of his security should be in the best position to answer that question.

I have told you severally that the airforce operates SIX C-130's, however your hard head would not allow you accept this fact.

Now jacob Zuma went to see mummar ghaddafi in tripoli 6 months before the latter was deposed from office, my question is, how was his (ZUMA's) logistics, CAR, pick up trucks for his security team and military hardware transferred to libya?

You are a dolt. The airforce those in house servicing and maintenance for all her planes. The C-130's sent abroad, were sent so that they can receive a comprehensive over haul and up grade of all their systems and gadgets( up to date radar system, defence system). Just to bring it to par with the latest american C-130.

Libya was a hot zone and the presdent received extra protection. So a C130 was used and SF provide the protection. But that was not the norm.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
Henry120:

Syndergp, you see why I constantly tell you to stay off weed, you might end up like that chap.

U really think I'm an average naija person do you.

Edit my post all you want I can do likewise myselftongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
Henry120:

Snydergp you are a wonderful man and I really like SA and its people especially andrewza and msuaza, I really adore you. I must admit you have the best military on the entire continent cool.

Well thanx I knew you would realize it soonere or latergrin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
andrewza:

I though you had 6 C130 2 mali 1 presdent 3 being being renevieted.

Not with a C130 at his personal beck and call. If it is internal there are plenty of VIP cars for him when he lands.

Does zuma travel from one province to another in south africa on land?? President GEJ travels same way Zuma travels in south africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2013
andrewza:

Libya was a hot zone and the presdent received extra protection. So a C130 was used and SF provide the protection. But that was not the norm.

Is there an official car for Zuma in every street for him to drive in, when he visits different provinces of your country??

In nigeria when GEJ wants to travel from the capital to any state, the airforce transports his official car ahead of him.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
snydergp:

Hahahahaha their is no way I would accept/ say that. even if I'm held hostage by al qeada terrorists, and the only way to get freed is to say that, I'd rather they keep me held against my will.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
Henry120:

Is there an official car for Zuma in every street for him to drive in, when he visits different provinces of your country??

In nigeria when GEJ wants to travel from the capital to any state, the airforce transports his official car ahead of him.

One VIP car is has good has the next. And many times he uses a helicoper. That mathod is much safer. Last time the minster of deffense visted a unit I was in she had 2 helicopters and used a VIP car from the area. The presdiant should be the same. One built proof lojacked merc is has good has the next.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
snydergp:

Someone is fooling himself lipsrsealed SMH

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:22am On Mar 17, 2013
yes snydergp is F000LING himself and he is being F000LED big time ! lol grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:33am On Mar 17, 2013
...............F-7 JET Vs GRIPPEN JET...................

Grippen is a far better jet fighter than the F-7, but some areas people dont notice, the F-7 is superior to Grippen

F-7 jet has a combat range 50km longer than Grippen
F-7 gun/cannon is double while Grippen is single gun
F-7 climbs to 7,000 ft higher than Grippen

F-7 is easy and cheap to maintain for all time operation. Grippen is expensive to maintain and may need to be withdrawn from use into storage to save costs

F-7 has been dis-assembled into pieces and re-assembled by nigerian air force engineers on several times. No Grippen buyer has been able to dis-assemble and re-assemble it because it is complicated.

Both jets have the same speed

Nigerian version of F-7 is the latest and customized with modern electronics and hardware including
:

*Carries TWO 30mm auto-cannons (not ONE, as is the case with older versions)

*British Type 226 Skyranger radar: Ranging radar with a range of 15 km.

*British Type 956 HUDAWAC: This HUD has a build-in weapon aiming computer.

*British Type 50-048-02 digitized air data computer.

*American converter that is over 30% more efficient in comparison to the original Chinese converter.

*American Type 0101-HRA/2 radar altimeter with range increased to 1.5 km in comparison to the original 0.6 km of the Chinese radar altimeter it had replaced.

* British AD-3400 secured radio with range in excess of 400 km at 1.2 km altitude.

*Other improvement includes domestic newly designed CW-1002 air data sensor developed in conjunction with the western avionics, and WP-7B/WP-7BM engine.

*A totally different wing enabled the take-off and landing distance to be reduced by 20%, while increasing the aerodynamic performance in dogfights.

*Nigerian F7-NI version is a more advanced development than FG-7M, and even the older is about 40% more effective than MiG-21 in terms of overall performance.
It can use French R550 Magic and PL-7 Air-to-air missiles.

NAF F-7 jet is not the same as the 1980 F-7, jets. the Nigerian NAF version is the final development and with technology of about year 2005, that is 25 years more advanced than the original F-7. so for nigeria, its not a bad deal for =N= 15 million price for each F-7 jet.

I have a big surprise post for this forum on monday morning by 8am, i will post a hot news. i reserve it for posting monday morning
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:34am On Mar 17, 2013

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:25am On Mar 17, 2013
...................APACHE HELICOPTER GUNSHIP BEATS ROOIVALK.................

As a flying machine (but not as a fighting machine) the Rooivalk is first class.

But its Rooivalk avionics system, a magnificent achievement for local industry when it was developed and integrated in the late 1980s, is today as obsolete as a dinosaur’s brain.

This is a key reason in Denel’s failure to export the aircraft. No one will buy a warplane whose avionics system is based on 20-year-old computers.

The unit cost of the Rooivalk is about $40- million, this makes it as expensive as the Boeing Apache and the Eurocopter Tiger, the latest models of which have state-of-the-art avionics, and much more expensive than the smaller AgustaWestland Mangusta/Mongoose, and the Russian Mi-24/35 family.

weblink source http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/what-went-wrong-with-the-rooivalk-2007-06-08-1

Mi-35 Hind may also be rated superior to Rooivalk because Hind simply because has been battle tested for over 20 years in its various new versions, the Rooivalk has zero battle testing, never fired one shot in a real war.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
Its already been signed... we're getting 12 L15s.. yay!
http://mdb.cast.ru/mdb/3-2012/item2/article1/?form=print

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by pleep(m): 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2013
Do you guys know what kind of heavy bombers (like the b52) the Nigerian a/o south African militaries have?

Do we have any?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
I have a good answer to your question and I will post it tomorrow Monday morning.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:14pm On Mar 17, 2013
I have a good answer to your question and I will post it tomorrow Monday morning
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:31pm On Mar 17, 2013
sheyie2007: Its already been signed... we're getting 12 L15s.. yay!

great job sheyie, 3 gbosa for you for this good news. you make me eat double breakfast this morning.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
sheyie2007: Its already been signed... we're getting 12 L15s.. yay!
great job sheyie, 3 gbosa for you for this good news. you make me eat double breakfast this morning

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.