Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,256 members, 7,947,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 03:20 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4519508 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 24, 2013
I would never consider being a lawyer, because lawyers have to convince slowpokes just like you.
I prefer discussing with intelligent people.
So let me explain to you as I explain to children or people like you:
The term soldier doesn't necessarily mean Nigerian soldier.
And I did admit that cases in which civilians try to protect terrorists arise and that in some cases the civilians would try to shield the terrorist hoping the soldier would therefor not shoot (which would cost the soldier his life), but no well minded soldier would give a damn of a human shield who was forced or who was shielding the terrorists on his own.
Soldiers are not scape goats, they have families, children fathers and mothers.
Msauza:

I still cannot comprehend your point, because in your own words of admission you publicly consented to have killed families who you accused of standing barrier between the soldier and the enermy. It surely wasn't me who made such a blunderbuss statement, so who has a half brain in that instance, you or I? You must surely treat very careful when you pen to paper, so as to not convict youself. Let me tell you, don't ever consider legal profession as your career because you will cost most of your clients dearly.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
Msauza:

I still cannot comprehend your point, because in your own words of admission you publicly consented to have killed families who you accused of standing barrier between the soldier and the enermy. It surely wasn't me who made such a blunderbuss statement, so who has a half brain in that instance, you or I? You must surely treat very careful when you pen to paper, so as to not convict youself. Let me tell you, don't ever consider legal profession as your career because you will cost most of your clients dearly.
Yet civilians in SA murdered Africans in xenophobic attacks. The burning alive of an African and killings in your country will continue to haunt your cities for years to come.

These are images below for your refreshment!

[img]http://1.bp..com/_8Fr2lxa9qLI/SDbOx-DZ7iI/AAAAAAAAAIU/Oa8GNS-_ZDk/s400/xenophobia.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/_MPvswO6lxOY/SDEUhQqvpSI/AAAAAAAADoE/Rlp-gCMvao4/s400/burning5%5B1%5D.JPG[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:27pm On Apr 24, 2013
The is a notion that drives the trend in this forum of consistently ascribing all positive media reports about SA as propaganda. Hence, it is very clear that we are misusing this concept of propaganda, because the last time I remember this terminology was applicable to only superpowers such as America who could influence the whole world by the art of propaganda. Surely, SA has hardly reached that level and has little influence over what the media write about their affairs. The people in this forum have a tendency of inadvertently elevating SA to the highs of superpowers who have influence over media at large. Should you have known that back home the biggest SA government enemy is the media.

The constant persecution of SA politicians by media has even prompted the ruling party (ANC) to propose and promulgate the so called information bill which opposition parties oppose vigorously and view as a threat against the media to censor jurnos not to report negatively about the government. There is freedom of press in SA to which we support and we strongly believe that our government does not have influence over our media houses. Corruption and embezzlement in public office shall always be reported without fear or favour. It was only during the epoch of apartheid where the editorial used to be held at gun point to write positively about the government in the press, but not at this generation. We always rally behind our jurnos to encourage them to always root out maladministration wherever it exist. Our jurnos have even threatened on several occasions by various politicians with lawsuits.

I therefore fail to understand how could SA employ propaganda to influence the world and what is it exactly are they hoping to achieve from it. People have wrong perceptions about SA and as a result, it has led people having grudges about the progress that SA has as compared to other African nations.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
all4naija: Yet civilians in SA murdered Africans in xenophobic attacks. The burning alive of an African and killings in your country will continue to haunt your cities for years to come.

[img]http://1.bp..com/_8Fr2lxa9qLI/SDbOx-DZ7iI/AAAAAAAAAIU/Oa8GNS-_ZDk/s400/xenophobia.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/_MPvswO6lxOY/SDEUhQqvpSI/AAAAAAAADoE/Rlp-gCMvao4/s400/burning5%5B1%5D.JPG[/img]

I told you that you must never ever consider studying law as a profession. Civilian formation are different from militants, not even to mention that heavily armed militants not even police who enforce order on civilians opened fire to massacre thousands of women and children. During the Xenophobic attacks in SA it was not every foreigners who were killed, only those thought to be drug lords, smugglers and human traffickers were attacked. Before the incident unfolded, there was a great concern of foreigners selling drugs to school children, having sex with them and film it on their cellphone, make the film go on viral and it was reported on newspapers on daily bases as teachers could not take it any longer from delinquent children.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 6:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
all4naija: Yet civilians in SA murdered Africans in xenophobic attacks. The burning alive of an African and killings in your country will continue to haunt your cities for years to come.

Was that carried out by the state? No

Did the state support the acstion? No

Did they try and stop it? Yes

Did they sucsed n stopeing it? Yes(after the army was given the green light. They then killed a zenophibic rioter who was going to murder a zimbawen. The rioter pulled a gun on the solders. And got killed)

Did the attack take place nastion wide? No. It was locolized in poor areas.

Did any nigerians die in it? No.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
Msauza:

I told you that you must never ever consider studying law as a profession. Civilian formation are different from militants, not even to mention that heavily armed militants not even police who enforce order on civilians opened fire to massacre thousands of women and children. During the Xenophobic attacks in SA it was not every foreigners who were killed, only those thought to be drug lords, smugglers and human traffickers were attacked. Before the incident unfolded, there was a great concern of foreigners selling drugs to school children, having sex with them and film it on their cellphone, make the film go on viral and it was reported on newspapers on daily bases as teachers could not take it any longer from delinquent children.
What a baseless excuse to say the killing justified the drug lords, smuggling and molestation in your society. I dare you prove to me how it is this particular point in time is it necessary to carry out such human hunt in your country? What had your people done in the past to fight crimes when it was at the peak of affairs?

You seem to be alluding to the fact that the crimes in your society called for the burning alive, maiming, killing and molesting of innocent foreigners in your society. It only proves your barbaric nature and the savagery that exist in SA. Mind you, killing those people is taking the laws into your own hand and that by right is unlawful, it is a crime like the drug lords, smugglers and rapists committed. With this your comment, I am beginning to see SA as a backward nation and far from being civilized in any social capacity.

What a jungle justice! A way to go by South Africans!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4: I would never consider being a lawyer, because lawyers have to convince slowpokes just like you.
I prefer discussing with intelligent people.
So let me explain to you as I explain to children or people like you:
The term soldier doesn't necessarily mean Nigerian soldier.
And I did admit that cases in which civilians try to protect terrorists arise and that in some cases the civilians would try to shield the terrorist hoping the soldier would therefor not shoot (which would cost the soldier his life), but no well minded soldier would give a damn of a human shield who was forced or who was shielding the terrorists on his own.
Soldiers are not scape goats, they have families, children fathers and mothers.

I can see that you are battling so hard to elucidate something to justify your vile actions, but unfortunately your explanation does not hold any substance. It lacks both in boundaries and heights and does not have any bone of contention whatsoever to bait us. You can clearly see that it is a hogwash work, half cooked and not so very convincing or reaching the standard of academia and intelligentsia at large. I have pronounced myself that I cannot see you stifling debates with intelligent people as you claim and on the contrary, I would only advice you to retract that statement, because you do not exhibit any of such properties of intelligence in reasoning. You will only be laughed at and you are only good to compete at Nigerian sphere, not anywhere above that level.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 24, 2013
NIGERIAN DEFENSE AUTHORITY SAYS 30 BOKO HARAM MILITANTS KILLED IN CROSSFIRE; 5 ARRESTED, 3 RPG LAUNCHERS, 4 AK47 RIFLES SEIZED..3 LANDCRUISER VEHICLES DAMAGED

ABUJA, April 24 (Xinhua)

Military authorities in Nigeria have confirmed the death of 30 suspected Boko Haram insurgents in an encounter with the Joint Task Force (JTF) at a border town in the northeastern state of Borno over the weekend.

Spokesperson for the Defense Headquarters (DHQ) Brig. Gen. Chris
Olukolade gave the figure in a statement reaching here on Wednesday, adding that one soldier was killed and 5 others injured, while five insurgents were arrested and many others escaped with bullet wounds.

defense statement said Gen.
Austin Edokpaye, who is in charge of the
task force at Baga in Borno, gave the update on the encounter with the Boko Haram. According to the statement, six civilians lost their lives and 10 other civilians were injured in the crossfire.

The military said three rocket propelled
grenade launchers, two rocket propelled
grenade bombs, four AK-47 rifles were
recovered from the militants. Other items recovered included 435 assorted ammunition, several quantities
of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)
materials, while three land cruiser
vehicles belonging to the insurgents were damaged.

Meanwhile, President Goodluck Jonathan
on Monday night ordered a full-scale
investigation into reports of high civilian
casualties in the weekend crossfire at
Baga.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:20pm On Apr 24, 2013
all4naija: What a baseless excuse to say the killing justified the drug lords, smuggling and molestation in your society. I dare you prove to me how it is this particular point in time is it necessary to carry out such human hunt in your country? What had your people done in the past to fight crimes when it was at the peak of affairs?

You seem to be alluding to the fact that the crimes in your society called for the burning alive, maiming, killing and molesting of innocent foreigners in your society. It only proves your barbaric nature and the savagery that exist in SA. Mind you, killing those people is taking the laws into your own hand and that by right is unlawful, it is a crime like the drug lords, smugglers and rapists committed. With this your comment, I am beginning to see SA as a backward nation and far from being civilized in any social capacity.

What a jungle justice! A way to go by South Africans!

Let me remind you that mob justice and vigilante groups is not something new in SA. It is a tradition that had been ongoing for ages even though authorities discouraged it. During apartheid it was even worse as such actions were taken against those suspected of perpetuating gangsterism, molestation and crime. Such civil formation still exist in SA and the most famous were PAGAD and Thamaga who would take law in their own hands to address certain issues in societies. They would beat up suspected offenders to death, walk r-apists naked on the street and even burn them alive with necklaces (tires around the neck).

I therefore would not condone what they have done, wrong is wrong, no matter how hard you try to justify it. Let the authorities do their own work by handing over all criminals to the police, so that they may be prosecuted fairly.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 24, 2013
Msauza:

Let me remind you that mob justice and vigilante groups is not something new in SA. It is a tradition that had been ongoing for ages even though authorities discouraged it. During apartheid it was even worse as such actions were taken against those suspected of perpetuating gangsterism, molestation and crime. Such civil formation still exist in SA and the most famous were PAGAD and Thamaga who would take law in their own hands to address certain issues in societies. They would beat up suspected offenders to death, walk r-apists naked on the street and even burn them alive with necklaces (tires around the neck).

I therefore would not condone what they have done, wrong is wrong, no matter how hard you try to justify it. Let the authorities do their own work by handing over all criminals to the police, so that they may be prosecuted fairly.
What is the civility you brag about in your society? Spare me this over-bloated idea to make your country looks innocent of its crimes. That I will accept with a pinch of salt.

I never disputed the magnitude of gangsters in your society and taking the laws into their own hand, but it speaks volume of the nature of things you are trying to cover-up with clear intention. That I will not allow to be done here because it is absolutely absurd and unacceptable in any civilized society to say the least.

I am even doing your country a service by shedding light on things which might be happening in secret to the detriment of the innocent. That by itself is good but actions need to be taken to arrest the situation. With a small population it would be easy to make life easy for the people and educate them about what comes with good development. These kinds of orientation have not been given to them, which prove that country is not ready for the future as an African nation.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
Some people here write as if there had never been any incidents of mob justice in their own country or so called jungle justice like they phrase it . We are being accused of being backward and uncivilised, but they seem to have forgotten that we only learn of the horrors of humankind from their countries. What is happening in our neighbourhood is nothing compared to what they experience in their daily lives. I have never seen anybody beheaded, but surely in Nigeria that is the order of the day. People live in fear in that country and perpetrators Scot free without being prosecuted, yet we are being accused of being uncivilised. SHAME!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 7:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
all4naija: What is the civility you brag about in your society? Spare me this over-bloated idea to make your country looks innocent of its crimes. That I will accept with a pinch of salt.

I never disputed the magnitude of gangsters in your society and taking the laws into their own hand, but it speaks volume of the nature of things you are trying to cover-up with clear intention. That I will not allow to be done here because it is absolutely absurd and unacceptable in any civilized society to say the least.

I am even doing your country a service by shedding light on things which might be happening in secret to the detriment of the innocent. That by itself is good but actions need to be taken to arrest the situation. With a small population it would be easy to make life easy for the people and educate them about what comes with good development. These kinds of orientation have not been given to them, which prove that country is not ready for the future as an African nation.

Funny how you ignore the points I raised.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
Msauza:

blablabla
You are realy making me laugh. Your comment has nothing to do with military affairs, by the way most of your comments have verry little to do with military.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 24, 2013
OK the last one was a joke.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2013
Msauza: Some people here write as if there had never been any incidents of mob justice in their own country or so called jungle justice like they phrase it . We are being accused of being backward and uncivilised, but they seem to have forgotten that we only learn of the horrors of humankind from their countries. What is happening in our neighbourhood is nothing compared to what they experience in their daily lives. I have never seen anybody beheaded, but surely in Nigeria that is the order of the day. People live in fear in that country and perpetrators Scot free without being prosecuted, yet we are being accused of being uncivilised. SHAME!!!
How does this now clear what is happening in your society? It is your society that claimed to be developed and above all these manners of ills. Indeed, I am surprised at the beheading statement as though it is not happening in SA. I have seen images of worse scenes coming out of your country. It only takes google to get them available.

Please, pointing to Nigeria won't stop the troubles in your society. That is a complete fact! OR else keep your mouth shut and stopping beating your chest on how developed your country is to other African countries.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 8:35pm On Apr 24, 2013
Angola

With a budget of around 3billion US it spends around the same of that of nigeria.

With a army of 100,000 navy of 1000 and air force of 6000 and 10 paramilltary it is not a small milltary.

Angola all so has a lot of good equipment. Even though a lot of it is old.

Angloan army
Tanks
There 200 T54/T55 make up the bulk of there armour. Though no match for modern tanks and AGMs they still a deadly treat when used in support of infantry.
50 T62 and 50 T72 are there heavy hitters. They all reported to operat T80/T84s no numbers given.

Even with out the T80s Angola has a serris tank force.

600 BDRM-2 make up the light vechiles/recc list. Though old the BDRM is still a great means to move a 14.5mm MG around.

IFV are of the BMP 1 and 2 varity with over 250. APC are of the BTR varity from 152 though to BTR80. Though they only have around 170 BTRS of all types. Angola has a vere large shortage in APC/IFV in respect to there size.

Angola has a lot of artylery. In total 1408. Of them 750 mortas(500 of thos being 120mm) 16 SP(non of any worth to menstion. 552 towed and a total of 90 122m MRLS.

AGMs in use is the comon AT-3 sagger.

Air defense is mainly manpads (most the now useless vs modern milltary aircraft SA-7 but both SA- and SA-16 are used. Over 450 AA guns from 14.5 to 57mm are used.

Over all angolas army has a shortage of AFV for there infantry, no modern AT wepaon and mostly out dated Air defense. But a large tank force and large number of artlyrie units make it a threat.

Angolan navy. Let's just say it more a coast gaurd and move on.

Angolan Air force
Now this is a threat.
14 SU-27. Now we could leave it at that. But the have more.
18 mig 23ML
8. Mig 23BN
20 mig 21
14 SU22 D
12 SU24
8. SU25
14 hinds

That is a lot of combat aircraft. Even if most are non op(and most are) they can still field a stron force. Those SU27 a lone are SAAFs bigest threat and the resone the gripen was bought to rplace the cheeta C.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
Andrewza, I think you are wrong again:
Angolan armed forces is 87000 strong.
And their military budget is 1.8 billion dollars.
Did you do this on purpose ?
Quit the lie my friend.
zaandrew: Angola

With a budget of around 3billion US it spends around the same of that of nigeria.

With a army of 100,000 navy of 1000 and air force of 6000 and 10 paramilltary it is not a small milltary.

Angloan army
Tanks
There 200 T54/T55 make up the bulk of there armour. Though no match for modern tanks and AGMs they still a deadly treat when used in support of infantry.
50 T62 and 50 T72 are there heavy hitters. They all reported to operat T80/T84s no numbers given.

600 BDRM-2 make up the light vechiles/recc list. Though old the BDRM is still a great means to move a 14.5mm MG around.

IFV are of the BMP 1 and 2 varity with over 250. APC are of the BTR varity from 152 though to BTR80. Though they only have around 170 BTRS of all types. Angola has a vere large shortage in APC/IFV in respect to there size.

Angola has a lot of artylery. In total 1408. Of them 750 mortas(500 of thos being 120mm) 16 SP(non of any worth to menstion. 552 towed and a total of 90 122m MRLS.

Air defense is mainly manpads (most the now useless vs modern milltary aircraft SA-7 but both SA- and SA-16 are used. Over 450 AA guns from 14.5 to 57mm are used.

Over all angolas army has a shortage of AFV for there infantry, no modern AT wepaon and mostly out dated Air defense. But a large tank force and large number of artlyrie units make it a threat.

Angolan Air force
Now this is a threat.
18 mig 23ML
8. Mig 23BN
20 mig 21
14 SU22 D
12 SU24
8. SU25
14 hinds

That is a lot of combat aircraft. Even if most are non op(and most are) they can still field a stron force. Those SU27 a lone are SAAFs bigest threat and the resone the gripen was bought to rplace the cheeta C.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
all4naija: How does this now clear what is happening in your society? It is your society that claimed to be developed and above all these manners of ills. Indeed, I am surprised at the beheading statement as though it is not happening in SA. I have seen images of worse scenes coming out of your country. It only takes google to get them available.

Please, pointing to Nigeria won't stop the troubles in your society. That is a complete fact! OR else keep your mouth shut and stopping beating your chest on how developed your country is to other African countries.

Do not feed me what I haven't said. I have never boasted or even pride myself of coming from developed society. The whole world knows that SA is not yet developed nation, thus, how dare will I ever utter such ridiculous statements. Perhaps, you are troubled by the fact that I made mention that we are far much better than Nigeria in respect of stability. In SA beheading of humankind are not something done for religion or sharia for that matter, it is classified as crime that's why such incidents remain far-fetched in our soil.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4: I am indeed a fool.

That is a true statement indeed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
Msauza_the_homo: I am a homo.

Back to topic, please.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
"Army: 70 000 (+ 30 000 in reserve)
Air Force: 6 000
Navy: 1 000
Paramilitary: 10 000 Rapid Reaction Police
Total: 87 000 (+ 30 000 reserve)"
This comes from defence web, so you couldn't have ignored it, so you lie on purpose.
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29331&Itemid=255
zaandrew: Angola

Angloan army
Tanks

Angolan Air force
Now this is a threat.
18 mig 23ML
8. Mig 23BN
20 mig 21
14 SU22 D
12 SU24
8. SU25
14 hinds

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4: this is what I wrote:
And this is what Msauza responded to that:

So please may I ask if it is only zaandrew and msauza who have no brains or is it all South africans.

almost all south Africans have a half brain or no brain at all

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 24, 2013
Msauza:

Do not feed me what I haven't said. I have never boasted or even pride myself of coming from developed society. The whole world knows that SA is not yet developed nation, thus, how dare will I ever utter such ridiculous statements. Perhaps, you are troubled by the fact that I made mention that we are far much better than Nigeria in respect of stability. In SA beheading of humankind are not something done for religion or sharia for that matter, it is classified as crime that's why such incidents remain far-fetched in our soil.
Classified as to how grave an issue and that is now an evidence people are not being beheaded in your society. Google is your friend, pal. When I mean YOU/YOUR in my previous comment I mean the THIRD person. It could be any South African posting in this forum and including you. If I didn't express myself well with the third person I apologize to you for choosing to use it imperatively.

Ideally, I would expect something explanatory than this ritual Pandora's box that you are trying to open. In no too distant time an Albino was beheaded for witchcraft in your country. Isn't a ritual intended? You are very fond of painting things bad with lopsidedness and that we have seen in most of your comments. That is what is very shady in this your comment. When did beheading of people carried out in Nigeria for Islamic purposes? That I have not read about nor head people talking about it since the beginning of their nefarious Islamic attacks on innocent people. Your comment is arguably misleading in that case.

It is this present Islamic religion infiltration and the MEND incidence that now make SA to look stabled than Nigeria. In the few past years or so the country witnessed internal troubles and was labelled one of the most unstable nations of the world. Yet, it is still a high crime region of the world. Even higher than Nigeria, although, with all the internal disturbances of MEND and Boko Haram.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
zaandrew:

Rules of war are all waysed followed. At all times.

What if he had a injured leg that got worssened by that treatment. And why you deffending the acstion. Would you like it if the french army made you do public PT because you nigerian and they "all" crimnals?

Rules of war are NOT always followed. Israel breaks rules of war regularly in Palentine and kills innocent civilians to protect Israeli national interest and United Nations did nothing about it.

America breaks rules of war regularly in Iraq and Afghanistan and the whole world does not stop them because we all know they killed innocent civilians not intentionally but in national interest of America.

Nothing new in civilian deaths during military action except you live in a bush village and you don't read the news or watch Tv.

The more you south Africans talk, the more you sound like half brains . Lol grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
all4naija: Classified as to how grave an issue and that is now an evidence people are not being beheaded in your society. Google is your friend, pal. When I mean YOU in my previous comment I mean the THIRD person. It could be any South African posting in this forum and including you. If I didn't express myself well with the third person I apologize to you for choosing to use it imperatively.

Ideally, I would expect something explanatory than this ritual Pandora's box that you are trying to open. In no too distant time an Albino was beheaded for witchcraft in your country. Isn't a ritual intended? You are very fond of painting things bad with lopsidedness and that we have seen in most of your comments. That is what is very shady in this your comment. When did beheading of people carried out in Nigeria for Islamic purposes? That I have not read about nor head people talking about it since the beginning of their nefarious Islamic attacks on innocent people. Your comment is arguably misleading in that case.

It is this present Islamic religion infiltration and the MEND incidence that now make SA to look stabled than Nigeria. In the few past years or so the country witnessed internal troubles and was labelled one of the most unstable nations of the world. Yet, it is still a high crime region of the world. Even higher than Nigeria, although, with all the internal disturbances of MEND and Boko Haram.

Terrorist activities cannot be classified as crime, that's why in most countries such activities are prosecuted under military law by military courts. It is, however, an undisputed fact though that Nigeria has high incidence of terrorists activities for which SA has none. Well, SA has a high rate of crime because even petty crimes, such as shoplifting, stock theft, common assault, public indecency, etc are documented accordingly and put on record with Crime-SA. Not all countries in Africa (Nigeria included) do that and many of such countries do not even classify petty crimes under criminal procedures. In most cases you will find that such crimes when committed are only punishable with lashes on the buttocks. SA during apartheid adopted the same administration of criminal justice system and protective services, where offenders would only pay for their sins by just only being punished by electrocution or few lashes on the back and leave the cop shop without that crime being documented. For your information I have studied law as my second-first degree.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 11:32pm On Apr 24, 2013
agaugust:

Rules of war are NOT always followed. Israel breaks rules of war regularly in Palentine and kills innocent civilians to protect Israeli national interest and United Nations did nothing about it.

America breaks rules of war regularly in Iraq and Afghanistan and the whole world does not stop them because we all know they killed innocent civilians not intentionally but in national interest of America.

Nothing new in civilian deaths during military action except you live in a bush village and you don't read the news or watch Tv.

The more you Nigerian talk, the more you sound like half brains . Lol grin

I have already decreed that your comments must always be condemned and be reduced to the level of an adolescent trying to prove himself a man. You are just a school boy who likes to play taunting games with people way above your class and unfortunately we are too old for that. We have only spared our energies for people with high volume of IQ, thus who always reason with their brains and not their head. Up to so far, the only person who impressed me is ALL4NAIJA. This guy looks into issues in three dimension and approaches them with logic.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 24, 2013
Msauza:

Terrorist activities cannot be classified as crime, that's why in most countries such activities are prosecuted under military law in military courts. It is undisputed fact though that Nigeria has high incidence of terrorists activities for which SA has none. Well, SA has a high rate of crime because even petty crimes, such as shoplifting, stock theft, common assault, public indecency, etc are documented accordingly and put on record with Crime-SA. Not all countries in Africa (Nigeria included) do that and many of such countries do not even classify petty crimes under criminal procedures. In most cases you will find that such crimes when committed are only punishable with lashes on the buttocks. SA during apartheid adopted the same administration of criminal justice system and protective services, where offenders would only pay for their sins by just only being punished by electrocution or few lashes on the back and leave the cop shop without that crime being documented. For your information I have studied law as my second-first degree.
How you quickly point to your records for minor crimes and expected Nigerians not recording theirs is still a challenge to me. In fact every case reported to the police in Nigeria is first put on paper as statement before any legal proceeding or otherwise. This applies to but those taken to the cell and those caught disobeying the laws before taken to court. I don't actually know where you are getting the information that petty crimes are not culpable in Nigeria.

However, the failure of the Nigerian society to fully put their trust on the police has been lost for long time now and that contributes to the martial court passing of justice by ordinary citizens. That are mostly seen in poor and crime ridden areas. Like in the North, with its recent Islamic ideology, to be responsible for the interpretation of the law many have taken to such barbaric act of applying Sharia in few cases, where lashing have to be upheld. Notwithstanding, against this very primitiveness this has helped to bring a sense of something to them as what has been done to reduce the increase in crimes. Whereas on the other way round they are taking the law into their own hands and are usually done without the police awareness or with the police around. It is one of the reason Nigeria crime rate is seen as having many facets. That make crimes to be on the increase above what should be treated as a crime as a whole.

It is palpable one can easily be manhandled or leashed by the public for stealing cheap object in Nigeria than in SA. In the public eyes this makes things look out of place and the society to look criminally riddled with people of such bad inclinations. I totally disagree with you that Nigeria should be included among the nations which don't take records of their petty criminals or crimes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 12:19am On Apr 25, 2013
all4naija: How you quickly point to your records for minor crimes and expected Nigerians not recording theirs is still a challenge to me. In fact every case reported to the police in Nigeria is first put on paper as statement before any legal proceeding or otherwise. This applies to but those taken to the cell and those caught disobeying the laws before taken to court. I don't actually know where you are getting the information that petty crimes are not culpable in Nigeria.

However, the failure of the Nigerian society to fully put their trust on the police has been lost for long time now and that contributes to the martial court passing of justice by ordinary citizens. That are mostly seen in poor and crime ridden areas. Like in the North, with its recent Islamic ideology, to be responsible for the interpretation of the law many have taken to such barbaric act of applying Sharia in few cases, where lashing have to be upheld. Notwithstanding, against this very primitiveness this has helped to bring a sense of something to them as what has been done to reduce the increase in crimes. Whereas on the other way round they are taking the law into their own hands and are usually done without the police awareness or with the police around. It is one of the reason Nigeria crime rate is seen as having many facets. That make crimes to be on the increase above what should be treated as a crime as a whole.

It is palpable one can easily be manhandled or leashed by the public for stealing cheap object in Nigeria than in SA. In the public eyes this makes things look out of place and the society to look criminally riddled with people of such bad inclinations. I totally disagree with you that Nigeria should be included among the nations which don't take records of their petty criminals or crimes.

Believe me, I have done extensive study on that. Some of the petty crimes are overlooked in Nigeria, for instance, how does Nigeria treat the following under-mentioned cases;

1. Common assault, ie, slapping
2. Pissing in public
3. Public drinking
4. Being in possession of blunt object
5. Stock theft
6. Advancement fees

Those might only be few, but there is plenty more.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:13am On Apr 25, 2013
Msauza: South African police is more effective than your Nigerian police. We stop public disturbance and threats to peace effectively as you can see in the pictures below

[img]http://ionenewsone.files./2012/08/south-african-police.jpg[/img]

you call this an effective police ? south african police K.illed innocent civilians asking for better salary at work as citizens, and you say you are better than nigeria ? you south african police wasted civilian lives like chickens !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:18am On Apr 25, 2013
[size=16pt]
you call this an effective police ? south african police K.illed innocent civilians asking for better salary at work as citizens, and you say you are better than nigeria ? you south african police wasted civilian lives like chickens ![/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 25, 2013
Msauza:

Believe me, I have done extensive study on that. Some of the petty crimes are overlooked in Nigeria, for instance, how does Nigeria treat the following under-mentioned cases;

1. Common assault, ie, slapping
2. Pissing in public
3. Public drinking
4. Being in possession of blunt object
5. Stock theft
6. Advancement fees

Those might only be few, but there is plenty more.
This is what I fairly understand about Nigerian justice system for committing petty crimes.

I will try to answer your questions accordingly and as follows:

1. Common assault like slapping depends on how it is committed and on what condition. If it's reported as assault then it must be treated as such. I believe the same applies to SA.

2. Passing out water in public places used to be a serious crime in the past(during the Operation Clean the Nation - which I read somewhere in the past)and huge fee were paid by anybody who breaks the law. At present, it is said to depend on the public place and how open it is. Maybe SA is way strict in this area than Nigeria with the provision of many street-level restaurants and eateries providing access to the public.

3. When has public drinking becomes a crime at all in a free world? The inability to control your self of what you consume would make you liable to committing crime when drunk. So a drunk who goes of his way is taunted and can be arrested as well by the police. I don't know any about SA on drinking. I can say most Nigerians are relatively controllable under the influence of alcohol.

4. The Nigerian society is still far from developed as in developed nation so people are used to carrying sharp objects around, even, in the cities. The local Fulanis carry sharp knives called dagger tied around their necks. When used it is culpable or punishable as such.

5. Stock theft is highly taken serious in Nigeria. One might lose his or her life for stealing something as petty as fish,tomatoes, shoes or glasses. There is sentence for it in the Nigerian legal system, I guess.

6. On advanced fraud, that is gravely culpable. The reason why we have EFCC implemented to look into it with serious detailing of information provided. It is a huge crime in Nigeria. 419 has crippled activities like Cybercafes, Computer centers, telephone call shops many folded due to the fear of been caught and brought to book. And, has given bad image to the nation as well.

On the final note, these activities are subjective and it is not so much different from what I think is happening in SA.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.