Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,524 members, 7,975,082 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 04:30 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4541834 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4: First of all as I have said already twice and as I do not want to say it again, the Nigerian soldiers were only 1/3 of the contingent there, the Chadians and Nigériens were the other 2/3. So stop putting the blame on what might or might not have happened on the Nigerian soldiers.
And what you are saying is a big lie.
Nobody got prosecuted for Collateral murder except the wistle blower.
And nobody got prosecuted for black hawk down.
And the US has killed 2 million people in Afghanistan and Iraq combined, and very few people have been prosecuted.
So, I think this ends the debate.

So all the other case mentsioned where not done by nigerians. So it was not nigerian solders who made a bus driver frog jump. You asked how this shows your milltary is in a poor state. So I did.

There is justerviabel and unjusterviabel colltral damge. Witch one is killing random people and buring houses fall under.

Nigeria troops in liberia and sierr leon did sinlare stuff. The even shot a unarmend kid in the back in front of a cammra.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
all4naija: That is what SA is good at, bragging about weapons which are never tested anywhere in the world for combats. I can now agree with the argument South Africans are good in passing propaganda to others as in proving their capacity to be the giant of Africa. Yet, they are full of xenophobia and tend to run on their hills when rebels strike. That alone speaks volume of the people and advanced weaponry the one-eyed-nation-of-Africa continuously boast of.

Are you saying I should be thankful for your military running from rebels attack? Should I be thankful SA is trying to intimidate neighboring country by enforcing economic imperialism? Do I have to be thankful because SA is selling untested weapons to non-free world nations? Please, I can only be thankful for one thing if SA kind of development or better can be replicated in other African countries. Not this your self-aggrandizement to look special and belittle others. Please, jet off my comment.

Keep showing your clear lack of knowlege on milltary sytems and hardware. It funny stuff to read.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 24, 2013
zaandrew:

Keep showing your clear lack of knowlege on milltary sytems and hardware. It funny stuff to read.

What knowledge have you passed across that is useful? I quite agree I am not an expert on military hardware, but it is not a rocket science to see your arguments are full of propaganda and lies. So, there is no lack of knowledge or whatsoever that is required of me to see clearly what your errors are in this particular argument.

I still think you are showing us nothing but a boastful manner.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
zaandrew:

So all the other case mentsioned where not done by nigerians. So it was not nigerian solders who made a bus driver frog jump. You asked how this shows your milltary is in a poor state. So I did.

There is justerviabel and unjusterviabel colltral damge. Witch one is killing random people and buring houses fall under.

Nigeria troops in liberia and sierr leon did sinlare stuff. The even shot a unarmend kid in the back in front of a cammra.
Look, now you are making vague accusations just like that.
First of all, we were talking of Baga.
And I have just showed you that your quick analysis of the Baga event was erronous.
Now for the bus driver doing frog jump, it happened because the police in Nigeria is really useless. So we often call our soldiers on internal duty. And the soldiers are not made for police job, at all. They can not stand indisciplin. So if you are being rude or not obeying the law they might make you do frog jump. That is rather a proof of great disciplin from Nigerian army.
Now the Sierraleone case you are talking about is the case of a rebel being executed. He was about 18 years old, and he was one of the people cutting the hands of innocent civilians and killing unsuspecting soldiers, so he got executed. End of discussion.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4: I think it is the South africans who have such a big image of themselves and their country.
You people think you are so great that it makes it verry easy to feed you positif propaganda about your army. Helmoed Heitman is on the payroll of your army yet you believe what he said about the incident even though it contradicts every witness on the ground.
How many times on this forum have you people compared yourself to America ?
You just think that you are so great that when you get beaten by those who are supposed to be so inferior to you, you just can't take it. Well as it happens, there is nothing special in South africa. You are a little bit richer than Nigeria, but that is just for now.
Your industries are doing a little bit better, but still the difference is unsignificant and Nigeria is bound to crush you verry soon.
Your army, is strong compared to your police but it is not as strong as most rebel groups in Africa. (even with your so called "super Equipment", which by the way is only average).
I do not believe Nigeria is the Giant of Africa because there is no Giant in Africa.
The Giant of Africa is the USA.
Yes because the world is a small village.
Although every expert say Nigeria has the biggest potential in Africa.
And someday I believe Nigeria will pass the USA, I will be dead by then, and India will be the world superpower by then.
So this is my take on all this.

Funny. Those interviews with the rebels. You know the other side. Support what we say.

There where no NGOs in the or near the battel field. So if the only 2 forces (SA and seleka) say simmlare stuff. It kind of makes you look like a fool. But then again you are one.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 24, 2013
zaandrew:

Funny. Those interviews with the rebels. You know the other side. Support what we say.

There where no NGOs in the or near the battel field. So if the only 2 forces (SA and seleka) say simmlare stuff. It kind of makes you look like a fool. But then again you are one.

UN was there, Red cross was there, France was there,civilians were there, and SELEKA was there and they all contradict you.
Stop insulting my intelligence by saying such a big lie. And stop quoting Helmoed Heitman, I have already told you I believe nothing he says.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4:
Look, now you are making vague accusations just like that.
First of all, we were talking of Baga.
And I have just showed you that your quick analysis of the Baga event was erronous.
Now for the bus driver doing frog jump, it happened because the police in Nigeria is really useless. So we often call our soldiers on internal duty. And the soldiers are not made for police job, at all. They can not stand indisciplin. So if you are being rude or not obeying the law they might make you do frog jump. That is rather a proof of great disciplin from Nigerian army.
Now the Sierraleone case you are talking about is the case of a rebel being executed. He was about 18 years old, and he was one of the people cutting the hands of innocent civilians and killing unsuspecting soldiers, so he got executed. End of discussion.

They not vage. Nigerian solders have no disspline, there officers no control and they have no selfe disspline. Aka they no better than rebels.

And the fact that nigerian solders have a hisstoey of vilonce against the civlians makes them prime suspect.

What do you know about nigerian poliece. You have don't live in nigeria. And how dose that give them the right to be so agrisve to civlians.

No. Was not proven to be a rebels, he was not excuted. He was not 18. He was 16 and shot in the back.

They all so fillmend a few other case a war crimes. Your troops are no better than rebels.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 3:33pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4: UN was there, Red cross was there, France was there,civilians were there, and SELEKA was there and they all contradict you.
Stop insulting my intelligence by saying such a big lie. And stop quoting Helmoed Heitman, I have already told you I believe nothing he says.

UN and red cross pulled out most personal. All others hunkerd down during the attack.

Seeleka cliam they killed more south african(somthing that I point out to be wrong) not that we killed over 500 of them. Seleka says they lost 600 to SA forces.

So please don't think we going to fall for your lies.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
Go and ask any Nigerian about Nigerian police.
And just listen.
I lived in Nigeria for a while and I still go home on visits.
I knw my police, and everybody who knows a little about Nigeria knows too.
When you ask soldiers to do police job, sh*t happens,
it happened with the French army in Algeria, it happened with the US army in Iraq and Afghanistan, it happened with the russian army and it happens all the time.
Frog jump is not a bad thing.
And it is a Nigerian thing, in Nigerian schools, you do those types of punishment when you go beyond the law or when you are rude.
This is a Nigerian thing, it is not a big deal to us Nigerians. And I fully approve making rude people do frog jump.
zaandrew:

They not vage. Nigerian solders have no disspline, there officers no control and they have no selfe disspline. Aka they no better than rebels.

And the fact that nigerian solders have a hisstoey of vilonce against the civlians makes them prime suspect.

What do you know about nigerian poliece. You have don't live in nigeria. And how dose that give them the right to be so agrisve to civlians.

No. Was not proven to be a rebels, he was not excuted. He was not 18. He was 16 and shot in the back.

They all so fillmend a few other case a war crimes. Your troops are no better than rebels.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4: I still quite fail to see the link between this and the combat readiness of the Nigerian army.
The Afghans used to say the same thing about US soldiers.
So please explain your point.
Our soldiers didn't run from the battle front.
So what is your point ?
The US killed more than 1000 people in the "black hawk down" event. And that was a similar situation with that of Baga.
The terrorists had infiltrated the town with their families and the rest of the people in the town were their sympathizing neighbours.
How can you save their lives when they put themselves between a soldier and a terrorist, in order to protect the terrorist ?
Moreover there was as much chadian soldiers and Nigériens soldiers(not Nigerians) than Nigerian soldiers in that conflict.

I will then gladly rubbish all those claims as cowardice by killing thousands of unarmed civilians majority of whom were women and children. Tell me do you feel proud of it and still masquerade as Rambos of Africa for having massacred little lives who had so much at stake. The future was bright before them, ofcourse they looked forward with vigor that some day they would become doctors, engineers and lawyers and their lives was unfortunately cut short by those who failed to nail down their enemy. They were sacrificed instead and their heads brandished as trophies by cowards who could not stand their equals.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
zaandrew, sh*t up you big liar:
the truth by images:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF0gZ_Q8JQo
zaandrew:

UN and red cross pulled out most personal. All others hunkerd down during the attack.

Seeleka cliam they killed more south african(somthing that I point out to be wrong) not that we killed over 500 of them. Seleka says they lost 600 to SA forces.

So please don't think we going to fall for your lies.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
zaandrew:

What disciplinary duty do you think is required of them in the Baga incidence? They are not expected to fold their arms and been overrun by terrorists because of discipline sake. I hope you are not going to compare the Nigerian Baga case to the SA CAR attack which left good numbers of your men dead(13 in their numbers) and about 300 hundred children murdered by your army without remorse or diligent conducts. This just point out the big hole in your military, it proves your men shot at the children indiscriminately without an iota of discipline.

Nigerian military is handling a world problem of terrorist group cell linked to the infamous Al-Qaeda in the Maghreb. I don't think SA would have done better in this case of what happened at Baga village. It is clear the terrorists were mostly responsible for the burning down of the thatch houses and killing of the innocent people. It was a sad moment in Nigeria though.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
Msauza, you should have read me before quoting me, because your response is illogical.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
Msauza:

I will then gladly rubbish all those claims as cowardice by killing thousands of unarmed civilians majority of whom were women and children. Tell me do you feel proud of it and still masquerade as Rambos of Africa for having massacred little lives who had so much at stake. The future was bright before them, ofcourse they looked forward with vigor that some day they would become doctors, engineers and lawyers and their lives was unfortunately cut short by those who failed to nail down their enemy. They were sacrificed instead and their heads brandished as trophies by cowards who could not stand their equals.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4: Go and ask any Nigerian about Nigerian police.
And just listen.
I lived in Nigeria for a while and I still go home on visits.
I knw my police, and everybody who knows a little about Nigeria knows too.
When you ask soldiers to do police job, sh*t happens,
it happened with the French army in Algeria, it happened with the US army in Iraq and Afghanistan, it happened with the russian army and it happens all the time.
Frog jump is not a bad thing.
And it is a Nigerian thing, in Nigerian schools, you do those types of punishment when you go beyond the law or when you are rude.
This is a Nigerian thing, it is not a big deal to us Nigerians. And I fully approve making rude people do frog jump.

I don't doubt nigerian cops are bad. But that not a excuse for the army to treat civlian like the do.

Rule of war. I will treat all civlians humanely. Makeing a bus driver frog jump. Yes that is humanely.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
this is what I wrote:
patriot4: I still quite fail to see the link between this and the combat readiness of the Nigerian army.
The Afghans used to say the same thing about US soldiers.
So please explain your point.
Our soldiers didn't run from the battle front.
So what is your point ?
The US killed more than 1000 people in the "black hawk down" event. And that was a similar situation with that of Baga.
The terrorists had infiltrated the town with their families and the rest of the people in the town were their sympathizing neighbours.
How can you save their lives when they put themselves between a soldier and a terrorist, in order to protect the terrorist ?
Moreover there was as much chadian soldiers and Nigériens soldiers(not Nigerians) than Nigerian soldiers in that conflict.
And this is what Msauza responded to that:
Msauza:

So please may I ask if it is only zaandrew and msauza who have no brains or is it all South africans.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4: zaandrew, sh*t up you big liar:
the truth by images:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF0gZ_Q8JQo

and that proofes what. E-tv was not there, are anti goverment and reports know nothing about the milltary. and if you read the report it will explian every thing. so please stope acting like a fool.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
zaandrew:

I don't doubt nigerian cops are bad. But that not a excuse for the army to treat civlian like the do.

Rule of war. I will treat all civlians humanely. Makeing a bus driver frog jump. Yes that is humanely.
First of all that was not war.
That was a soldier doing a police job.
That is how the soldiers are trained in their accademy, and that is how Nigerians are trained in schools:
If you are rude or go beyond the law then they make you do exercises like frog jump.
Soldiers are not police. And frog jump is not inhuman, I used to do it as punishment in secondary school.
You should see what we call a serious punishment in Nigerian secondary schools.
This is how things are in Nigerian society, this is how our law is.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4: this is what I wrote:

So please may I ask if it is only zaandrew and msauza who have no brains or is it all South africans.

Such a foolish frechman. You so funny.

Why don't you try and disprove any thing I have siad. O forgote you can't.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 4:01pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4:
First of all that was not war.
That was a soldier doing a police job.
That is how the soldiers are trained in their accademy, and that is how Nigerians are trained in schools.
If you are rude or go beyond the law then they make you do exercises like frog jump.
Soldiers are not police. And frog jump is not inhuman, I used to do it as punishment in secondary school.
You should see what we call a serious punishment in Nigerian secondary schools.
This is how things are in Nigerian society, this is how our law is.

Has a solder you obey the rules of war at all times. Not just during war.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
zaandrew:

The truth is that our army is not supposed to be out there enforcing such rule of law, that is what is actually wrong in the frog jump thing. If you think it is inhumane to do so in all ramifications. What do you say of drunk driver test by American police?.

A video posted below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMqTX3B_LJo

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
zaandrew:

Has a solder you obey the rules of war at all times. Not just during war.
You are definately not a soldier! or at least not a good one.
In times of peace, you obey civilian rule outside the barracks, and military rule always.
And once again, frog jump is a thing even kids can do. That is not a big punishment at all. And what you can not see in that photo is the crime the guy did.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4: Actually you are quite wrong, Kogi is a Nigerian state and if you do not understand English then ask someone what Mali bound troops means. The soldiers were being transported to the aiport in their own country, their weapons were not in their possesion. They were moving in an area that wasn't supposed to be hostile, in their own country and were not on duty. The terrorists who ambushed them were shooting from a far location and as soon as the armed escort of the soldiers opened fire, the terrorists ran away.

AT HOME!!! Then is supposed to be worse than I thought, because it is always said that a snake is never tempered with while is in its nest (hole). It is seems to me that you are just equalled to a dog that only bucks after thieves in its own yard while lying on its belly. You are toothless for having attacked in your own backyard. The enemy has even lost respect of you for launching assault on your militants, not even civilian formation, I reiterate, a Nigerian national military formation attacked in its own land, this IS UNBELIEVABLE!!! I stand appalled
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
zaandrew:

and that proofes what. E-tv was not there, are anti goverment and reports know nothing about the milltary. and if you read the report it will explian every thing. so please stope acting like a fool.
Yes I forgot that to you eveybody contradicting Helmoed heitman is anti South africa biased. Yes of course. End of discussion.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
Msauza:

AT HOME!!! Then is supposed to be worse than I thought, because it is always said that a snake is never tempered with while is in its nest (hole). It is seems to me that you are just equalled to a dog that only bucks after thieves in its own yard while lying on its belly. You are toothless for having attacked in your own backyard. The enemy has even lost respect of you for launching assault on your militants, not even civilian formation, I reiterate, a Nigerian national military formation attacked in its own land, this IS UNBELIEVABLE!!! I stand appalled
The same thing happened in Israel.
The same thing happened in the US. The same thing happened in France.
It is called terrorism. Where the hell have you been ?
By the way you have no shame still posting on this matter after I showd you that you can not read.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4:
You are definately not a soldier! or at least not a good one.
In times of peace, you obey civilian rule outside the barracks, and military rule always.
And once again, frog jump is a thing even kids can do. That is not a big punishment at all. And what you can not see in that photo is the crime the guy did.

Rules of war are all waysed followed. At all times.

What if he had a injured leg that got worssened by that treatment. And why you deffending the acstion. Would you like it if the french army made you do public PT because you nigerian and they "all" crimnals?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
zaandrew:

Rules of war are all waysed followed. At all times.

What if he had a injured leg that got worssened by that treatment. And why you deffending the acstion. Would you like it if the french army made you do public PT because you nigerian and they "all" crimnals?
Go and insult a french soldier, you will get the beating of a life time. He might even kill you.
And if you overpower him then you will get arrested and you will get beaten up by the police and you will be sentenced one year in jail. I think frog jump is not that bad. I am fully in support of frog jump.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4: Yes I forgot that to you eveybody contradicting Helmoed heitman is anti South africa biased. Yes of course. End of discussion.

They don't even contradict mr heitman. They just put a negtive twist on there report.

I take it you still have not looked at that 40 padge artical I gave a link to or you would know this.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4:
Go and insult a french soldier, you will get the beating of a life time. He might even kill you.
And if you overpower him then you will get arrested and you will get beaten up by the police and you will be sentenced one year in jail. I think frog jump is not that bad. I am fully in support of frog jump.

Did that bus driver insult those solder?

If that happend it would be 1st degree murder.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2013
zaandrew:

Did that bus driver insult those solder?

If that happend it would be 1st degree murder.
This discussion doesn't make any sense, it feels like when me and my little nephew discuss about who is the stronger: Mohamad Ali or Bruce Lee.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
patriot4: this is what I wrote:

I still cannot comprehend your point, because in your own words of admission you publicly consented to have killed families who you accused of standing barrier between the soldier and the enermy. It surely wasn't me who made such a blunderbuss statement, so who has a half brain in that instance, you or I? You must surely treat very careful when you pen to paper, so as to not convict youself. Let me tell you, don't ever consider legal profession as your career because you will cost most of your clients dearly.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
SA military might all rather myth is overrated! PERIOD! cheesy grin wink cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.