Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,908 members, 7,876,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:33 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4474495 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2495) (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 10:55am On Aug 16, 2015
Nigeria can buy 4 Frigate worth $2 billion and 4 good subs worth another $2 billion with more OPVs. For d navy. And we can also buy 30 Su 30 with 50 jf17 thunder block 2 for less then $4 billion dollar all dis procurement will still be around 1% of our GDP. Why do you think we can't spend 10% if we feel any treat from a small country like South Africa who can't even put 4 vessels at sea at the same time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:57am On Aug 16, 2015
patches689:

Afghanistan = foreign country

Borno = part of nigeria

NATO has done exceptionally well in Afghanistan.... they are pulling out, so what? Must NATO stay there for 1000 years?

NATO with the best weapons on earth has failed to defeat Taliban in 13 years. End of story.

US Marines are built to fight in foreign lands like Afghanistan, so they failed in their constitutional role they are 100% equipped and trained for.

Borno is Nigeria, just like Ireland is United Kingdom territory where the mighty British military failed to defeat IRA terrorists for 27 years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 10:57am On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

Citation needed

I don't need citation for that since I know we still have many personnel who were integrated from the former SADF many of whom have taken part in COIN mission and still today are pioneering courses of COIN missions in the defence. Whole lot of sergeant majors class 1&2 who are today nearing their 60s.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:58am On Aug 16, 2015
mzilakazi:

I don't need citation for that since I know we still have many personnel who were integrated from the former SADF many of whom have taken part in COIN mission and still today are pioneering courses of COIN missions in the defence. Whole lot of sergeant majors class 1&2 today nearing their 60s.

Sorry we don't believe you since you have no proof, kindly sh.ut up
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:00am On Aug 16, 2015
patches689:

There are still thousands of men like Eben Barlow in the SANDF

Prove it
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:01am On Aug 16, 2015
mzilakazi:

I am a military man that studies on full time bases after hours. We have both university UFS and university of technology CUT close to our base. It is just only a walking distance one (former) about 1km away and the later 3kms.
You mean you're a student in a military college.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:01am On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

The last time I remember I have never asked you to believe me because I was merely relating this from my personal capacity having the full experiential details.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:02am On Aug 16, 2015
patches689:

We have, our borders are now secure and cross border poaching is dropped to an all time low. Internal poaching is the responsibility of SAPS and not the SANDF

Nope, you accepted defeat and flew 500 Rhinos to safety in Botswana after begging them on your knees to cover your shame.

Your COIN 'mastery' of bush war does not work inside your own Kruger Park homeland bush grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:03am On Aug 16, 2015
lezz:
You mean you're a student in a military college.

Nope, Both of them are civilian universities and I pay from my own pocket. I attend classes after hours at 18h00pm hours every day of the week.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

1. Why does Nigeria need active ASW helicopters and submarines when the current threat is sea piracy alone?

2 and 4. Just as you say South Africa can buy new naval weapons, missiles, and ships, then Nigeria too can buy new frigates with missiles, submarines, and anti-submarine helicopters.....or you think only you have monopoly of buying new weapons?
1. Why does South Africa need torpedo's when we have 0 submarine threats?
2. I never said you can't, but it doesn't help you wait till the last minute to buy new equipment, you guys are a perfect example. And BTW buying weapons as you say and manufacturing new weapons as I said are to different things, we don't have to buy any missiles when a war breaks out, in fact there is very little we have to buy when war breaks out because we have buy far the most sustainable Defence force in Africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:06am On Aug 16, 2015
mzilakazi:

Nope, Both civilian university and I pay from my own pocket. I attend classes after hours at 18h00pm hours every day of the week.
Still lying like all your dubious sources you have posted on this thread.

Give us a picture of you in your uniforms in your barracks with your mobile phone opened to this very thread.

You can edit out your face if you want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:07am On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

Nope, you accepted defeat and flew 500 Rhinos to safety in Botswana after begging them on your knees to cover your shame.

Your COIN 'mastery' of bush war does not work inside your own Kruger Park homeland bush grin grin

Rhinos were kept in Botswana for a purpose because there was information that poachers work hand in hand with national park workers.

Anti Rhino poaching is not a COIN mission.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:09am On Aug 16, 2015
lezz:
Still lying like all your dubious sources you have posted on this thread.

Give us a picture of you in your uniforms in your barracks with your mobile phone opened to this very thread.

You can edit out your face if you want.

As if I am desperate for your concession. I am not yelling at you to believe my little tales. Got it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 11:11am On Aug 16, 2015
jln115:

1. Why does South Africa need torpedo's when we have 0 submarine threats?
2. I never said you can't, but it doesn't help you wait till the last minute to buy new equipment, you guys are a perfect example. And BTW buying weapons as you say and manufacturing new weapons as I said are to different things, we don't have to buy any missiles when a war breaks out, in fact there is very little we have to buy when war breaks out because we have buy far the most sustainable Defence force in Africa.

am sure you want to kill yourself with this believes
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:15am On Aug 16, 2015
iblawi:
am sure you want to kill yourself with this believes

The truth is that your navy is really into more dire situation than our own.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2015
mzilakazi:

Rhinos were kept in Botswana for a purpose because there was information that poachers work hand in hand with national park workers.

Anti Rhino poaching is not a COIN mission.
how will you protect human being when you can't protect Rhinos. Boko haram has informant in all security agencies and in all villages they operate.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:23am On Aug 16, 2015
mzilakazi:

As if I am desperate for your concession. I am not yelling at you to believe my little tales. Got it.
yeah, fakery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 11:24am On Aug 16, 2015
mzilakazi:

The truth is that your navy is really into more dire situation than our own.
we are both in it. U are talking of buying 3 IPVs and 3 OPVs wen we have almost 50 IPVs and several MPVs with OPVs. Confirm it from wiki we didn't inflate figures they all have names.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:25am On Aug 16, 2015
lezz:
NO YOU DID NOT!!!! STOP LYING.
Consult the archives
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:25am On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

Nope, both Russian manufacturer and SIPRI arms log have refused to call your satellites spy, they all say it's surveillance like other Africans'

Surveillance is a synonym for spy

Your semantic argument fails

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:26am On Aug 16, 2015
patches689:

Consult the archives
I did before branding you a lying thief. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:26am On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

@andrewza thinks otherwise, he felt safer to run 50 km away from Nigerian coastline so that all his four Valour frigates will not be sank by NA Bofors in one day.

I have already dispelled the myth of costal artillery

Stop wasting time with old arguments

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:27am On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

Prove it....but don't dare quote Russian ministry of defence satellite here, a ministry is civilian, not military force.

Russian Army is run by the Ministry of defence

Is the russian Army then civilian?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:28am On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

[s]NATO with the best weapons on earth has failed to defeat Taliban in 13 years. End of story.

US Marines are built to fight in foreign lands like Afghanistan, so they failed in their constitutional role they are 100% equipped and trained for.

Borno is Nigeria, just like Ireland is United Kingdom territory where the mighty British military failed to defeat IRA terrorists for 27 years[/s]

Afghanistan = Foreign country

Borno = Part of Nigeria

NATO operations in Afghanistan are a success.

The British defeated the IRA

What exactly is your argument here?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2015
iblawi:
Nigeria can buy 4 Frigate worth $2 billion and 4 good subs worth another $2 billion with more OPVs. For d navy. And we can also buy 30 Su 30 with 50 jf17 thunder block 2 for less then $4 billion dollar all dis procurement will still be around 1% of our GDP. Why do you think we can't spend 10% if we feel any treat from a small country like South Africa who can't even put 4 vessels at sea at the same time.
Sunday tonic.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:28am On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

The irony of this post grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:29am On Aug 16, 2015
iblawi:
how will you protect human being when you can't protect Rhinos. Boko haram has informant in all security agencies and in all villages they operate.

It very easy to protect human being than animals. Animals cannot speak and relate information about their assailants or even give you details about modus operandi of their attackers and which direction have they vanished.

That's why the government has now established a specially trained anti poaching squad which will use highly advanced technologies to combat poachers and put them behind bars where they belong. Anti poaching is not a national threat nor a military assignment.

After all, I am a military man and not a park ranger or nature conservator. I am a soldier that protect lives of human and who I am.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:34am On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

Prove it

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:34am On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

And as I said

Domestic AP duties are not the SANDF's responsibility
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:37am On Aug 16, 2015
lezz:
I did before branding you a lying thief. grin grin grin

You obviously have not.

Stop wasting my time.

Consult the archives
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:42am On Aug 16, 2015
patches689:

You obviously have not.

Stop wasting my time.

Consult the archives
Ok, let me do a second check...........

......you're still lying.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 11:43am On Aug 16, 2015
Well both military are not as good as Egypt and Algeria.
South Africa has well develop defence industries to build some weapon and Nigeria has enough money to buy what dey need at any time. But mind you SA defence industry is not part of SADF. Currently both don't have enough to threaten each other.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2495) (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.