Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,924 members, 7,876,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 07:20 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4474558 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:45am On Aug 16, 2015
lezz:
Ok, let me do a second check...........

......you're still lying.

0/10

Try harder
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 11:48am On Aug 16, 2015
patches689:

0/10

Try harder
grin grin grin grin grin grin

You can't be honest for once. why, patches? I though you've changed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 11:51am On Aug 16, 2015
iblawi:
Well both military are not as good as Egypt and Algeria.
South Africa has well develop defence industries to build some weapon and Nigeria has enough money to buy what dey need at any time. But mind you SA defence industry is not part of SADF. Currently both don't have enough to threaten each other.

Who said Nigeria has money? I mean a country with only $23 billion budget
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:55am On Aug 16, 2015
lezz:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

You can't be honest for once. why, patches? I though you've changed.

I am not taking the bait.

Consult the archives.

If you have nothing to contribute, then I am not going to respond
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 11:56am On Aug 16, 2015
mzilakazi:

Who said Nigeria has money? I mean a country with only $23 billion budget
Dat is what corrupt politicians make you believe. We know where and how dey take the money.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
iblawi:
Dat is what corrupt politicians make you believe. We know where and how dey take the money.

Nigeria does not have moola my friend. Well, let us leave that one for another day. Do you even know that DENEL belongs to SANDF owing to the fact that is wholly owned by South African government?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by lezz(m): 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
patches689:

I am not taking the bait.

Consult the archives.

If you have nothing to contribute, then I am not going to respond

There's no bait. You spawn empty rhetoric with veiled repetitions and deny facts with controversy. That's what I got from the archives.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

Algeria has the most modern defence force in Africa, undisputed champions.

3,000 force from South Africa cannot survive one day against Nigerian army. You will be surrounded, captured and used for idol shrine sacrifice.
We have way way better C4I2R capability than Algeria: C2, Link ZA , IMPI tracker

We also have a more modern army, the only thing Algeria has over us is their T90.

Our Air force as a whole is also more modern, inc Air defence/ Radar coverage.

Our Navy is more modern than Algeria's, that will change however when they receive their new Valours and tigr corvettes later this year, then again we can compare the 2 when we receive our Frigate sized OPVs ,60m IPVs and Hydrographic vessel in 2018.

And lastly the Nigerian army cant even handle BH, then you want to take on 3000 SANDF soldier in support with Olifant mk2/1Bs, Rooikat, Ratel ZT3, G6 ect ect hahahah funny guy!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by jl115: 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
iblawi:
am sure you want to kill yourself with this believes
Why?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

Algeria has the most modern defence force in Africa, undisputed champions.

3,000 force from South Africa cannot survive one day against Nigerian army. You will be surrounded, captured and used for idol shrine sacrifice.

What surprises me immensely is the fact that only 4000 Boko haram insurgents have been surviving all these years without being captured one and one and be sacrificed. They have survived against all odds with the poor training that they received. Now what of 3000 highly trained SA soldiers well equipped and armed 10X heavily than Boko Haram
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2015
iblawi:
now let me tell u, I always go to North eastern Nigeria Bauchi precisely. I am not telling you what we read in papers or Web site. Boko haram have always being on bikes they use them a lot am not saying dey don't use tank. They use them them mainly when they want to attack the army by surprise. It took the army that long cos they had internal issues and the equipment they were using then where old and malfunction on battle field.

I hope u still remember how long it took SA police and army together to stop xenophobia attack.

Wait. So i can understand clearly. It took long for your army to destroy Boko Haram tanks, artillery etc etc because of malfunctioning equipment and internal issues. In this day and age, your army had to wait for imports before they took the enemy head on? Wow.

You're telling me post 2005 the mighty Nigerian army didnt have the capability to find and destroy all heavy enemy equipment within a few days? Where were your small teams of special forces armed with mobile anti tank capabilities to covertly seek and destroy heavy armour? They had to wait? Double wow.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2015
After burner...looks too nice

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 4:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
jl115:

We have way way better C4I2R capability than Algeria: C2, Link ZA , IMPI tracker

We also have a more modern army, the only thing Algeria has over us is their T90.

Our Navy is more modern than Algeria's, that will change however when they receive their new Valours and tigr corvettes later this year, then again we can compare the 2 when we receive our Frigate sized OPVs ,60m IPVs and Hydrographic vessel in 2018.

And lastly the Nigerian army cant even handle BH, then you want to take on 3000 SANDF soldier in support with Olifant mk2/1Bs, Rooikat, Ratel ZT3, G6 ect ect hahahah funny guy!!
why are you so blind? YOUR ARMY, AIRFORCE AND NAVY IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO ANY ARM OF ALGERIA MILITARY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 4:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
mzilakazi:

What surprises me immensely is the fact that only 4000 Boko haram insurgents have been surviving all these years without being captured one and one and be sacrificed. They have survived against all odds with the poor training that they received. Now what of 3000 highly trained SA soldiers well equipped and armed 10X heavily than Boko Haram
you want to die early I guess. Just try it. I even want to know how you bring 3000 troops to Nigeria. Will they come by road or by rail? Or maybe they will walk down. What make u think your soldiers are better trained.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 4:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
iblawi:
why are you so blind? YOUR ARMY, AIRFORCE AND NAVY IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO ANY ARM OF ALGERIA MILITARY.

That's what you think, but I believe SANDF can defeat Algeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
I want you South Africans to know that we don't hate you like you hate us. We are not contesting wit you but letting you know you are not better than us and you are in no way a treat to us.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
jln115:

1. Why does South Africa need torpedo's when we have 0 submarine threats?
2. I never said you can't, but it doesn't help you wait till the last minute to buy new equipment, you guys are a perfect example. And BTW buying weapons as you say and manufacturing new weapons as I said are to different things, we don't have to buy any missiles when a war breaks out, in fact there is very little we have to buy when war breaks out because we have buy far the most sustainable Defence force in Africa.

1. Why does Nigeria need submarine or ASW helos if we have 0 sub-surface threat?

2.When war breaks out, your navy will fight with 4 ships sharing 13 Exocet missiles for 32 Exocet launchers? You don't manufacture anti-ship missiles or torpedos. You do not manufacture army tanks, you do not manufacture spare parts for engines and body frames of jets, helicopters, transport aircraft, warships, submarines, you will be massively importing spare parts and missiles from Europe is war breaks out....or else your military machinery will grind to a halt in one month

See how foolish your arguments are dude.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
mzilakazi:

Rhinos were kept in Botswana for a purpose because there was information that poachers work hand in hand with national park workers.

Anti Rhino poaching is not a COIN mission.

Foreigners invading South African homeland with guns to kill your military and paramilitary during illegal activities of robbing your country of natural resources, becomes a COIN war.

Rhinos sent by Zuma to Botswana after kneeling down and begging for safety is athe final proof of accepting defeat in the hands of Rhino poachers.

Your SANDF 21 battalion and Special forces have faced their 2013-2015 COIN threat at home and failed, your bush war mastery is ZERO !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
mzilakazi:

That's what you think, but I believe SANDF can defeat Algeria.
with what and how?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
patches689:

Surveillance is a synonym for spy

Your semantic argument fails

Civilian drones in farms and companies in mining industry do survellance and are called surveillance drones, so civilians too are using spy equipment? grin grin

Your satellite is called surveillance by SIPRI....not spy....ya got an observation toy from Russia.

Morocco's satellite is classified by SIPRI as Recce....yea, the only spy satellite in Africa.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
patches689:

Russian Army is run by the Ministry of defence

Russian ministry of defence is run by civilians, are civilians now an army?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2015
patches689:

You posted random photos of SANDF white men who did not fight in Angolan bush war, some are even non-combatants, includes admin/accounts department soldiers.....men with ZERO bush war experience in their lives grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2015
patches689:

And as I said

Domestic AP duties are not the SANDF's responsibility

Stopping foreign armed invasion of your homeland is SANDF's constitutional role, that's why they were deployed there and your air force crashed during the operations to stop armed Rhino thieves that come from other countries....invaders robbing your homeland
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
Imagine some1 telling protecting Rhino is more difficult than protecting humans from terrorist. Do you know what terrorism is? And you call yourself king of COIN. Is a pity.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

You posted random photos of SANDF white men who did not fight in Angolan bush war, some are even non-combatants, includes admin/accounts department soldiers.....men with ZERO bush war experience in their lives grin grin

You are wrong. Those man fought in the bush war and thousands of them were integrated into SANDF together with former homelands forces.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
jl115:

Don't waste your time, Algeria is far more powerful than South Africa, their defence budget is biggest in Africa and they focus on the best weapons from all over the world.

Algeria has 44 units of brand new Su-30 MKA Flanker jets with BVR missiles and 6 units of air to air refueling tanker aircraft, they are already evaluating an AWACS aircraft, Algeria is far beyond South Africa, they belong to the big league.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2015
mzilakazi:

You are wrong. Those man fought in the bush war and thousands of them were integrated into SANDF together with former homelands forces.

Show me proof that those men fought in Angolan bush war, prove it like Eben Barlow is proved to have fought the bush war.

Prove it !!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
Agaugust thinks if you fought in the bushwar you have to look somehow very different. There is nothing so special about bushwar for I know quite a lot of people, black, coloureds and whites who participated actively in that war and who are still serving actively in the force.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
agaugust:

Show me proof that those men fought in Angolan bush war, prove it like Eben Barlow is proved to have fought the bush war.

Prove it !!!!!!!

Your question is so stupid.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by iblawi(m): 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
mzilakazi:

where did u get the information that boko haram size is 4000. Do u even know how many have been killed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
iblawi:
where did u get the information that boko haram size is 4000. Do u even know how many have been killed.

The guy is a big time fraud fabricator

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2496) (2497) (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.