Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,485 members, 7,937,419 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 02:02 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4514301 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 7:54am On May 13, 2013
[quote author=snydergp][/quote]

Snyder Gauteng Province, Lol!! The Kenyan military history is not that big and, thus would not go much into details. All that Kenya has ever engaged in was many civil wars. We fought many civil wars in the 1950 with a large rebel group of the MAI-MAI and defeated them. Civil wars in most cases involves large number of people which will even outnumber a (country vs country) war for reasons of a conflict caused by various factors within one country, many being for tribal issues. Civil war affects the whole country and in the case of SA will affect 52 million people and that does not make it high intensity battle of two-four countries in conflict which will only involve militants battle with small number of civilians killed. Civil wars do not follow conventional rules of war (Geneva Convention) and thus civilians are sacrificed in mass as well.

We had many terrorist attacks in the last few years, but the Kenyan military deserves just a little pad on the shoulder for successfully engaging Al-Qaeda and its linked rebel groups and defeated them within a short space of time. We do not beat our chest about it and tell the whole world about how efficient, effective and powerful our military is. Our soldiers have been deploying to many part of Africa stabilising peace, though on a small scale. We stabilised peace in Somalia and now of recent, we have been building our armies into a strong formidable force by spending large portion of our budget on military. We have bought many military hardwares now of recent and still in the process of getting more. We have pledged the decade to match the level of SA. Our military might is expanding on faster rate.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:55am On May 13, 2013
agaugust:

south africa sold its old cheetah jets to Ecuador. any one remaining with you?

if south africa begins to bring new weapons to war with nigeria, well we have $50 billion dollars cash reserve to buy 100 SU-27 jets with mercenary pilots like we did against B.iafra in our civil war, and nigeria can also buy 100 long range S-300 SAM anti-aircraft missiles with range of 200km to shoot down any jet aircraft from long distance or high altitude.

the best any african air force can do is to enter nigeria and drop bombs any where not knowing if it is hitting any target, maybe just civilian city or agric farmland, no military effect possible.

i said that in air to ground combat it is a world known standard principle in military warfare that you CANNOT pick a ground target from high altitude, you need to come down to low altitude to be sure you are hitting a Roland SAM and not a decoy or an army ordinary transport vehicle.

your grippen jet pilots are not spirits, they CANNOT identify a Roland from the air high altitude, they have to come down and be exposed to the deadly missile they want to bomb.

i repeat, Roland shoots down bombs dropped against it before the come close to do harm.

Roland SAM shot down two Tornado jets of British Royal air force in Iraq, Tornado is NOT slow, it is the most powerful NATO jet in gulf war and with very high supersonic speed and very good electronic jamming devices, yet Roland killed it.

If american and european air force are shot down by Roland, south african airforce CANNOT survive it, you are not even rich enough to keep 26 Grippen jets flying today.

SAM missiles are k.illers. i gave you source weblink, Yugoslav 30 year old SAM 2 missile shot down a modern american Stealth 'invisible' jet fighter and the super fast F-16 jet. SAM missiles ability dont get limited by their age.

no record of any war history where a jet fighter challenged a Roland missile system one on one and the jet aircraft survived, NO, they all get K.illed by Roland deadly system.

i am putting my money on a tested Roland missile, not on an air force pilot that has not k.illed any ground based SAM by direct one on one combat challenge in its history.

even the people on nairaland who dont know military warfare can see the simple clear points i am making.

however, its a free world, you have your opinion, i have my own too. nigerian air space is a death zone for enemy aircraft.

You and your $50bn Nigeria's already weak currency will collapse if you go that route so will your economy and the FG's balance of payment. We've þold you before the reasons why a country keeps a cash reserves through it Central/Federal Banks. As you claim to be a accountant yet you don't have simple knowledge on Govermental finance policy's.

Coming to Roland SAM again that relic is nolonger even a threat. SA has the UMKHONTO SAM PROUDLY SA PRODUCT which is in service in 3 foreign navies Finland Sweden and Algeria's Meko-200.

The Umkhonto is a 5th gen SAM system 10 times better then any Roland, the same Roland you talk about has been taken out service in 80% of all nations who used it and most of them replaced it with Patriot SAM's.

SA also uses the Starstreak High Velocity SAM which is also leap your ahead of anything in Nigeria's infantry the StarStreak is even better then its Patriot counter part because of its speed and high mobility.

Coming to the F114 Hornet please its not even in the league of the Gripens anymore and is being faized out currentlyin the RA and USF as we speak due to the advancements in SAM's systems like S-400, and other EW systems.

You can put your Naira on the Roland which is a 1980's systems incapable of detecting even the simplest of EW counter measures.

Libya had S-300 systems alongside its coasts line and in Tripoli yet they couldn't detect the Gripen JAS-39C/D's running wild and taking out there artillery systems what makes you think a inferior Roland will do any better against SA jets.

Are you shore you work in the Defense industry.

Now come up with another insult because it usually happens when you can't argue properly.tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:19am On May 13, 2013
agaugust:

they retorted with lies that even a fresh army captain will laugh at and throw in the gabbage bin.

even the chief of naval staff of south africa CANNOT break through the nigerian coastal defences i built up, only nations like america, china, britain will break through it.

you just wanna hide behind your own finger @sithwell. lol grin

if south africa is looking for who to defeat in war...go try kenya...you might be lucky, masai soldiers are very skinny !...and try avoid seleka rebels anywhere you hear that name.

What coastal defenses are you talking about the Valour warships can attack the Nigerian coastline well outside the 40km so called safe zone you claim your artillery will be stationed. The Excocet missiles on the SAN ships has a 200km, the Umkhonto has a 120km limit, and I'm not even coming to the 4 ballistic missile cells which is empty due to the fact there's no current need to use them in peace times.

You come and talk about placing a few ships in the way to protect your coastline. This nonsense you wrote is comes out of a @Aguagust comic. I'm not the average fool you can post a so called bedroom simulation and claim its a fortress.

A armed up Bateleur and Seeker-400 can easily launch coastal attacks on your defensive positions, and I'm not even talking about EW systems that can render your radars useless (like the Roland).

An Accounting Clerk has now become a Naval General and Intelligence strategist who can take a NNS Thunder and Aruda and two Type-59's against fully armed blue water warships and submarines and win.

I'm really trying to keep of this topic because of my commitments currently, but it seems your EGO needs to be deflated.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:24am On May 13, 2013
all4naija:

From this in 1973

To this in 1994

Each of them speaks for itself about SA independence.

Now is the first flag the former Baifran warlords flag or what.grin

You a slowpoke brotongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 8:24am On May 13, 2013
Does anyone know that the Kenyan Military are the most youngest (early 20s) and fittest soldiers in the whole Africa. By birth we are endowed as runners and our skeletal structure has been perfectly build to sustain fatigue and naturally possess a gene of endurance, including our women. It is very seldom that you will see a Kenyan with a big stomach. Fitness counts a lot as it makes you a lot faster to manoeuvre the enemy in times of attacks and ambush. Military that has unfit soldiers with big tummies stand a lot to lose in battle because such people very slow and some even harbour a lot of health problems.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:50am On May 13, 2013
all4naija: The day Nigeria will catch SA red-handed oppressing any smaller African nation the day it will know what the undefeated defender(Nigerian military) is capable of.

I've personally met a few of your Checkpoint thugs in DRC and two in Darfur (the same ones who left the APC and ran away and got later repatriated back to there village) are you sending them to war, is this the same army who mans checkpoints in Mali while Chad and France arw doing the hard work, then after the French with draw the very same NA Porters and Generals will claim they shot down a Mig-23 from the Islamic Tauregs with there F-7(Mig-21), while we all know the Nigerian Army are cooking meals for the Chadians forces and providing base protection to the French forces.

Go try this small country attack on someone else. South Africa has already shown Nigeria and ECOMOG they have the capability to deploy in the Gulf of Guinea before which left you red faced and made you and your Masters France protest to the AU by claiming SA is desstabilizing the region, with a naval frigate while we know it was a supply ship. Nigeria couldn't even handle Cameroon over the Bakassi yet you wanna talk taught.

The only thing Naija has is numbers nothing more. No worldclass defense industry exporting over $2bn a year, only a few 1970's type of APC, RPG's and vests that's all.

Go dream on another planet, giants of EGO's
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:51am On May 13, 2013
Mbuisi: Does anyone know that the Kenyan Military are the most youngest (early 20s) and fittest soldiers in the whole Africa. By birth we are endowed as runners and our skeletal structure has been perfectly build to sustain fatigue and naturally possess a gene of endurance, including our women. It is very seldom that you will see a Kenyan with a big stomach. Fitness counts a lot as it makes you a lot faster to manoeuvre the enemy in times of attacks and ambush. Military that has unfit soldiers with big tummies stand a lot to lose in battle because such people very slow and some even harbour a lot of health problems.

Would love to see them run like the wind with full battel gear.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 9:09am On May 13, 2013
agaugust:

you knowledge of military warfare is close to zero level because you dont like to learn. you major in denying the truth to your own detriment, it keeps you backward.

no matter how well south african pilots fly grippen jets, the speed of anti aircraft missiles is often two time faster than jets aircraft, the pilots will soon say goodbye to their family for ever.

see your level of ignorance and lies below, you just make a ridicle of yourself many times on military matters.

south african air force pilots long list of air crashes

3 Augusta helicopter crashes, one in last month april 2013

2 Rooivalk helicopter gunships crashes, one pilot flew blindly into electricity cables grin

1 Dakota maritime patrol aircraft crashes

1 Hercules C-130 crash, the aircraft nose fell out in motion grin

1 CASA airforce aircraft crashes

...and many others crashed in recent crashes.

several big aircraft crashes, and at least 3 south african airforce augusta helicopters crashed, 2 rooivalk helicopter gunships crashes one destroyed beyond repair and one blindly flew into electricity cables because the pilot was 'very very good'. grin

...and nigerian anti-aircraft missiles are not pursuing them yet o ! over-rated south african air force.

weblink source : http://www.saairforce.co.za/news-and-events/attrition

see photo of south african air force helicopter kissing the ground because the pilot is 'very good'

think twice before you condemn nigeria airforce pilots.

Hope that you also know that fighter pilots are trained to manoeuvre missiles as well. Perhaps Nigerian pilots have never been trained in that departments as well. Air crashes in SA are nothing compared to Nigeria, no wonder why many Nigerians prefer rather to be trained in SA flying schools than in Nigeria. I told you and you can never change it and even the world knows that you are generally bad pilots. Even Nigerians themselves are scared of flying your planes, so what would a foreigner do in that case if you fail to patronise your own very airlines.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by paniki(m): 9:30am On May 13, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 9:35am On May 13, 2013
agaugust:

American army bases are regularly attacked by Islamic terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan. google is your friend. I am an American citizen, i know of many direct attacks by Islamic terrorists on British, Canadian, and American bases.

Osama Bin laden september 11 attack, the 3rd aircraft directly attacked the head quarters of all our american military forces...the pentagon, our missile defenvces could not stop them, our military HQ was damaged.

nigerian army is not as high in ranking as american army. islamist terrorists do NOT respect anybody in this world, they are ready to die in suicide missions. have you learnt something today ?...if you are honest to your conscience.

What I like about it is that their temporary bases were attacked outside their home countries (source needed). SA base was attacked by rebels outside their home country but you failed to exercise the same understanding on the same breath like the soft side you took with imperialist being attacked on their bases. Your hatred to SA made you to lose your objective stance to reason with logic.

On September 11, Bin laden used Air attack with commercial Airline passengers planes which are difficult to deal with. In the case of Nigeria, rebels used buses and pick-up truck which were not even armoured and walked on foot to challenge the military one on one. The battle took more than six hours for which your military failed to respond until the insurgents successfully gained access to the highest security installation, that is prison, and freed inmates. Six hours is enough time for Airforce of any country to respond to respond to any national threat.

By the way, let us not go any further and close this argument that the so called Boko Haram has lost respect of your armies. By the simple act of attacking your militants in their bases on their home soil leaves a lot to be desired and it is one big disgrace and embarassment that is very bitter to any Nigerian to swallow. It seems as if your purported military prowess is just a disguise.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 10:17am On May 13, 2013
agaugust:

i pity the school that 'educated' you so poorly. murder rate in south africa is more than i stated, its actually about 80,000 people killed in silent murders in south africa in the past 4 years alone, i.e. 50 people per day. south africa is the fastest road to early grave.

"Around 50 people are murdered in South Africa each day. The murder rate has increased by an order of magnitude in South Africa during the last 40 years. R.ape went up by 2.1%. murder statistics are considered accurate."

weblink source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_South_Africa

that photo is a white woman attacked on south african farm, she survived

[img]http://whisnews21.files./2012/10/farmmurders12.jpg[/img]

the man below is NOT so lucky, he is a black man killed in south african attacks on african immigrants

[img]http://www.thezimbabwemail.com/templates/xhtml/add_ons/thumb.php?src=http://www.thezimbabwemail.com/files/23896_519837268034507_940497503_n_485383904.jpg&h=300&w=336&q=100&zc=1[/img]

You do not move with times you know. I told you that Nigerian education system is a disaster. Nigeria has already overtook SA since 2011 as the highest with murder with 19000. Point of correction, that 16000 of SA is not from within the period of four years, those are records dated back from 1994. Often rebel and terrorist killings are not seen as murders since such cases are difficult to prosecute. Look at the case of Rwanda where more than a million people were killed, then in that case Rwanda would have taken the trophy.

Wikipedia is your friend, take it and read further. SA may be high in percentages, but their actual number is low compared to that of Nigeria with lower percentage
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:22am On May 13, 2013
paniki: www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2013-05-13-al-qaeda-alive-and-well-in-south-africa/

it actualy shows sa intlgiance done a very good job, poltics have stoped any acstion taking place.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 10:47am On May 13, 2013
snydergp:

I've personally met a few of your Checkpoint thugs in DRC and two in Darfur (the same ones who left the APC and ran away and got later repatriated back to there village) are you sending them to war, is this the same army who mans checkpoints in Mali while Chad and France arw doing the hard work, then after the French with draw the very same NA Porters and Generals will claim they shot down a Mig-23 from the Islamic Tauregs with there F-7(Mig-21), while we all know the Nigerian Army are cooking meals for the Chadians forces and providing base protection to the French forces.

Go try this small country attack on someone else. South Africa has already shown Nigeria and ECOMOG they have the capability to deploy in the Gulf of Guinea before which left you red faced and made you and your Masters France protest to the AU by claiming SA is desstabilizing the region, with a naval frigate while we know it was a supply ship. Nigeria couldn't even handle Cameroon over the Bakassi yet you wanna talk taught.

The only thing Naija has is numbers nothing more. No worldclass defense industry exporting over $2bn a year, only a few 1970's type of APC, RPG's and vests that's all.

Go dream on another planet, giants of EGO's
u r surely an IGNORAMUS! Wait were u quoting Afua Hirsh's checkpoints n loading trucks? Where were u when French Defense Ministry lauded Nigerian and Senegalese Special Forces for being a good partner 4rm d early days of d Mali offensive even b4 AFISMA deployd, dsame 'checkpoint manners' dat took out Liberian rebels and saved Monrovia and Presidential Palace operating and only avn an airport as first stronghold b4 rescueing d whole nation? When d Niger Delta crisis was intense, a major militant leader Ateke Tom was quoted as saying in local palance 'Oboy JTF don block evrywhere 4 sea, no way in no way out' it waz due to d govt's threat to increase military pressure dat md d regional elders to talk d militants out of d creeks. U r realy ignorant, i'm busy else i wld lyk 2 take on u.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:14am On May 13, 2013
Donian007: u r surely an IGNORAMUS! Wait were u quoting Afua Hirsh's checkpoints n loading trucks? Where were u when French Defense Ministry lauded Nigerian and Senegalese Special Forces for being a good partner 4rm d early days of d Mali offensive even b4 AFISMA deployd, dsame 'checkpoint manners' dat took out Liberian rebels and saved Monrovia and Presidential Palace operating and only avn an airport as first stronghold b4 rescueing d whole nation? When d Niger Delta crisis was intense, a major militant leader Ateke Tom was quoted as saying in local palance 'Oboy JTF don block evrywhere 4 sea, no way in no way out' it waz due to d govt's threat to increase military pressure dat md d regional elders to talk d militants out of d creeks. U r realy ignorant, i'm busy else i wld lyk 2 take on u.

did you notice that ALL @Snydergp posts have NO weblink source ? he just came to post his private bedroom opinion mixed with a bucket full of lies and falsehood
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 11:15am On May 13, 2013
agaugust:

south africa sold its old cheetah jets to Ecuador. any one remaining with you?

if south africa begins to bring new weapons to war with nigeria, well we have $50 billion dollars cash reserve to buy 100 SU-27 jets with mercenary pilots like we did against B.iafra in our civil war, and nigeria can also buy 100 long range S-300 SAM anti-aircraft missiles with range of 200km to shoot down any jet aircraft from long distance or high altitude.

the best any african air force can do is to enter nigeria and drop bombs any where not knowing if it is hitting any target, maybe just civilian city or agric farmland, no military effect possible.

i said that in air to ground combat it is a world known standard principle in military warfare that you CANNOT pick a ground target from high altitude, you need to come down to low altitude to be sure you are hitting a Roland SAM and not a decoy or an army ordinary transport vehicle.

your grippen jet pilots are not spirits, they CANNOT identify a Roland from the air high altitude, they have to come down and be exposed to the deadly missile they want to bomb.

i repeat, Roland shoots down bombs dropped against it before the come close to do harm.

Roland SAM shot down two Tornado jets of British Royal air force in Iraq, Tornado is NOT slow, it is the most powerful NATO jet in gulf war and with very high supersonic speed and very good electronic jamming devices, yet Roland killed it.

If american and european air force are shot down by Roland, south african airforce CANNOT survive it, you are not even rich enough to keep 26 Grippen jets flying today.

SAM missiles are k.illers. i gave you source weblink, Yugoslav 30 year old SAM 2 missile shot down a modern american Stealth 'invisible' jet fighter and the super fast F-16 jet. SAM missiles ability dont get limited by their age.

no record of any war history where a jet fighter challenged a Roland missile system one on one and the jet aircraft survived, NO, they all get K.illed by Roland deadly system.

i am putting my money on a tested Roland missile, not on an air force pilot that has not k.illed any ground based SAM by direct one on one combat challenge in its history.

even the people on nairaland who dont know military warfare can see the simple clear points i am making.

however, its a free world, you have your opinion, i have my own too. nigerian air space is a death zone for enemy aircraft.

This post makes me laugh down to my bottom. It is basically about I will buy this and that. During the war there is no time to buy all that is left is to use what you already have and fight.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:23am On May 13, 2013
Mbuisi:

You do not move with times you know. I told you that Nigerian education system is a disaster. Nigeria has already overtook SA since 2011 as the highest with murder with 19000. Point of correction, that 16000 of SA is not from within the period of four years, those are records dated back from 1994. Often rebel and terrorist killings are not seen as murders since such cases are difficult to prosecute. Look at the case of Rwanda where more than a million people were killed, then in that case Rwanda would have taken the trophy.

Wikipedia is your friend, take it and read further. SA may be high in percentages, but their actual number is low compared to that of Nigeria with lower percentage
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_South_Africa

sorry your education is a failure, i still pity the univeristy that trained you so poorly. your b.rain is zero in mathematics. the very source you posted above confirms that south africa has murder rate about 80,000 people k.illed in the last 4 years at a rate of about 20,000 people murdered every year up to year 2011.

a honest south african just admitted that they have murder rate 80,000 people k.illed every 4 years and is current information up to date. yet you still dispute it. i am sure your parents are NOT proud of you with the way you spread falsehood. i wont be happy to have a son like you, a serial liar in public.

zetdee:

Well this is a bizarre comparison, Looking at Nigeria's crime rates, 80 000 is the correct figure. Most SA murder and rape are commited by people who have close relationship with their victims and half the crimes are in the Gauteng province which has only 20% of the population. So if you don't know anyone who's violent and live outside the townships of Gauteng, than SA is very safe.

www.timeslive.co.za/local/article995207.ece/Half-of-SA-crime-is-in-Gauteng

www.csvr.org.za/index.php/programmes/criminal-justice/1845-project-close-up-on-the-study-of-the-violent-nature-of-crime.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8668615.stm

so your kenya has no war history of any value like nigeria vs b.iafra with half a million soldiers. all the battle experience of kenyan army is with local rebels in few hundreds of numbers, yet you are not ashamed to boast and claim kenyan army is better than nigerian army.

you just disgraced yourself that nigeria has no Roland missile to show your poor education and inability to even find simple information on google. your education is a waste. you have a special love for lies and falsehood, is that how your parents trained you ?

over 90% of your comments on nairaland have no weblink source to prove your claims.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:40am On May 13, 2013
Mbuisi:

This post makes me laugh down to my bottom. It is basically about I will buy this and that. During the war there is no time to buy all that is left is to use what you already have and fight.

100 SU-27 jets cost below $3 billion. nigeria has cash reserve about $50 billion. you know nothing about military.

the whole of nigerian air force 54 jet fighter and bomber aircrafts were purchased and used during the B.iafra war.
at the start of the war nigerian air force had NO combat aircraft, only transporters. B.iafran air force had combat aircraft and was ahead of nigeria at the start of the war and did bomb nigeria from the air many times.

check SIPRI SWEDENS arms transfer log 54 jet fighters and bombers were purchases 1967 to 1970 by nigerian air force during the civil war as 43 Mig 17/Mig 15 jet fighters and 11 IL-28 jet bombers with pilots from algeria and egypt,

weblink source : http://armstrade.sipri.org/armstrade/page/trade_register.php

even @andrewza was careful not to dispute that, so you @Mbuisi who knows zero about military should be more careful bfore you talk, dont you feel any sense of shame when your lies are proved wrong ? do you have a living conscience ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:58am On May 13, 2013
@andrewza, listen,

In real war combat situation the aircraft in the wide open sky is in danger from the anti aircraft missile hiding in the bush on ground. That's simple common sense.

You have not researched anti aircraft war history the way I did .

In gulf war ordinary Iraqi anti aircraft guns I mean old out-dated cannon guns shot down several American F-15 jet fighters the best planes in the world at that time.

Be realistic with your comments and don't push your south African pilots to think they are safe in a grippen jet because it's a 4.5 generation jet.

Older air defense always shoot down more modern jet fighter aircraft in all war major history history. Google is your friend.

Standard military fact is that if jet aircraft flies to high it cannot see the target of is bombing far below on ground and the bombs get wasted in trial and error bombing. If the aircraft tries to follow standard air to ground attack principles of 5km maximum altitude it will enter the range of anti-aircraft defenses. South African airforce is NOT American air force, and your grippen jets don't last long in the air due to short combat radius and you have only 26 jets too few to rule a big sky and have super effect fire power in a territory guarded by too many air defenses.

It took thousands of American and NATO jet fighters to weaken Iraqi air defenses. South africa is NOT a super power.

One single Roland SAM, see my post below, defended an air base against a whole British jet fighter squadron, Roland fired 8 missiles and 1 shot down a Harrier Jet and 2 shot down the two bombs the jet dropped.

British military never tried to attack the Roland again, because it will shoot down any aircraft challenging it. British forces had to wait till British Army defeated Argentinian army on ground and capture the Roland only after Argentina surrendered.

Roland SAM has excellent records in war history, no jet fighter pilot ever challenged Roland and survive, they die.

Grippen jet has no record of any combat against any SAM air defense, so all your claims are assumptions and personal opinion

We need to wait for real war when Grippen jet faces a SAM missile anti aircraft defense, then we can compare the result.

Can you use your connection to ask south African air force to play war game with Nigerian army Roland SAM ?

I am not joking please, lets try it. One Nigerian Roland to fire 10 missiles in 2 minutes against One South African Grippen jet as the jet attacks the Roland to strike it with accuracy from the air.

Make sure the pilot kissed his wife goodbye before the war game because his jet will soon be kissed by 10 Roland missiles.

Lets see who will survive. Read more on Roland SAM below.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:58am On May 13, 2013
andrewza:

Please don't start again. Any case SA has a far higher cash reserve. And we actually have a planes to get these new wepaons. Read SA defense review.

quote weblink source to prove south africa has higher cash reserve than nigeria.

i already proved on this forum and @sitwell your country man could NOT deny my figures. niegria has higher cash dollar reserves than south africa and your debt burden is 6 times worse than nigeria. do i need to repeat the world bank data posts of last week ?

andrewza:
The grpins can carry long rang targeting pods to desnate targets from long range.

as at today south african grippen has NO long range weapons to threaten nigerian Roland missile defence. i researched UN and SWEDEN SIPRI arms sales log, sweden only gave south africa short range air to air missiles. try to be honest and realistic.

also, nigeria too will not sleep in war with south africa, you buy new weapons, nigeria too will buy new weapons.

andrewza:
The tornado is not that good. Actually it is all so joke compared to the gripen.

show me proof of any NATO jet better than Tornado during the gulf war against iraq.

you say Roland did not shoot down flying bombs ? your research on Roland is too poor. read it, Falkland war records, Roland shot down 2 British Royal air force 1,000 pounds bombs dropped by jet fighters in the air.

i quote :

"Argentina purchased 4 Roland shelter-mounted systems for static defense of fixed installations and one of these was deployed to defend Stanley airfield during the Falklands War with Britain in 1982. This system fired 8 out of the 10 missiles it was deployed with and is credited with shooting down one Harrier Jump Jet and two 454 kg bombs. This system was captured intact by the British."

weblink source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_missile

i have proved enough of Roland Missile, i have other things to do with my time.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 12:16pm On May 13, 2013
agaugust:

sorry your education is a failure, i still pity the univeristy that trained you so poorly. your b.rain is zero in mathematics. the very source you posted above confirms that south africa has murder rate about 80,000 people k.illed in the last 4 years at a rate of about 20,000 people murdered every year up to year 2011.

a honest south african just admitted that they have murder rate 80,000 people k.illed every 4 years and is current information up to date. yet you still dispute it. i am sure your parents are NOT proud of you with the way you spread falsehood. i wont be happy to have a son like you, a serial liar in public.

so your kenya has no war history of any value like nigeria vs b.iafra with half a million soldiers. all the battle experience of kenyan army is with local rebels in few hundreds of numbers, yet you are not ashamed to boast and claim kenyan army is better than nigerian army.

you just disgraced yourself that nigeria has no Roland missile to show your poor education and inability to even find simple information on google. your education is a waste. you have a special love for lies and falsehood, is that how your parents trained you ?

over 90% of your comments on nairaland have no weblink source to prove your claims.
agaugust:

quote weblink source to prove south africa has higher cash reserve than nigeria.

i already proved on this forum and @sitwell your country man could NOT deny my figures. niegria has higher cash dollar reserves than south africa and your debt burden is 6 times worse than nigeria. do i need to repeat the world bank data posts of last week ?

as at today south african grippen has NO long range weapons to threaten nigerian Roland missile defence. i researched UN and SWEDEN SIPRI arms sales log, sweden only gave south africa short range air to air missiles. try to be honest and realistic.

also, nigeria too will not sleep in war with south africa, you buy new weapons, nigeria too will buy new weapons.

show me proof of any NATO jet better than Tornado during the gulf war against iraq.

you say Roland did not shoot down flying bombs ? your research on Roland is too poor. read it, Falkland war records, Roland shot down 2 British Royal air force 1,000 pounds bombs dropped by jet fighters in the air.

i quote :

"Argentina purchased 4 Roland shelter-mounted systems for static defense of fixed installations and one of these was deployed to defend Stanley airfield during the Falklands War with Britain in 1982. This system fired 8 out of the 10 missiles it was deployed with and is credited with shooting down one Harrier Jump Jet and two 454 kg bombs. This system was captured intact by the British."

weblink source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_missile

i have proved enough of Roland Missile, i have other things to do with my time.
agaugust:

Then is very clear that you have never considered this, but anyway why do I have to bother if the whole academics know that the number of homicide cases are climbing in Nigeria and in 2011 have even dwarfed those of SA. Number of homicide cases and murder rate are two different things.

Look;
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:20pm On May 13, 2013

@Mbuisi you posted lies and false information, I proved you wrong. Admit is and swallow your pride

The post you made above finally proved your own lies.
Do mathematics and post it if you are a real man. Nigerian murder rate per head of population and south African murder rate per head of population. Do it and prove or else Kenya becomes a public d.isgrace on nairaland.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 12:29pm On May 13, 2013
The history of the Nigeria vs Biafra is not impressive and many people outside Nigeria knows nothing about it unless you an African who has studied African History or international relations. The war on its own is not famous to the world, it took me to go to university to be told that there had been such a war in history.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 12:33pm On May 13, 2013
agaugust: .

@Mbuisi you posted lies and false information, I proved you wrong. Admit is and swallow your pride

The post you made above finally proved your own lies.
Do mathematics and post it if you are a real man. Nigerian murder rate per head of population and south African murder rate per head of population. Do it and prove or else Kenya becomes a public d.isgrace on nairaland.

I only wanted to post you the web link and I only realised that I was dealing with a lunatic because what the help. I posted it previously and you failed ta assess it and look into those numbers.

SA's 16 000 in relation to Nigeria's 19 000
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 12:58pm On May 13, 2013
South Africans you can relax now, you have got more of Total reserves incl cash than Nigeria;

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/FI.RES.TOTL.CD
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:04pm On May 13, 2013
Mbuisi:

I only wanted to post you the web link and I only realised that I was dealing with a lunatic because what the help. I posted it previously and you failed ta assess it and look into those numbers.

SA's 16 000 in relation to Nigeria's 19 000

You don't know mathematics, divide each figure above by its national population and see per capita ratio comparison.

Your education is poor and shameful.

Do the mathematics or else people will shame Kenya here today.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 13, 2013
agaugust: .

nigerian air force has the most powerful jet fighters in our west african sub-region, no threat around us.

south african grippen jets have no range to reach nigeria, and no special air to surface weapons on south african jet fighters.

only 6 south african grippen jets can fly as at today, the remaining 20 jets have no pilots or are tied down in long term storage, NOT active, due to financial problems of south africa.

nigerian army has the best anti-aircraft missile defences in the whole of africa second only to egypt

nigeria has the anti-aircraft capability to shoot down the whole south african air force in 5 minutes

weblink source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_missile

...with all pleasure, nigerians proved it to you now on behalf of the great federal republic of nigeria. thanks.

I can personally show you 19 pilots who are trained and competent to fly the Gripens right now, from permanent to reserve air force, with over 36 that were trained with the Hawks in the last 3years which if they required to fly the Gripens they can easily do so, because 60% of the Hawks cockpits are configured the same way the JAS-39's are.

Those crap SAM's are outdated they can't even handle air to ground PGM's.

The Gripens are fitted with Paveway's and the Raptor II's which is now qualified to be used in the Hawks will replace them as soon as more funding becomes for the Denel system.

The NA's SAM's are 1980's relics go try that nonsense on someone else.

The current F-7"s already had 3 fatal crashes within TWO years of there operational live, due to pilot errors and poor maintenance.

Show me one Anti Aircraft System in Nigeria that's on par with the 5th gen Starstreak or Umkhonto system.

The radar systems on those SAMs you just posted are also pathetic easy to jam.

Show me a link to the most modern SAM Nigeria currently have in there infantry or what they plan to procure then we can have a conversation, because you are showing you are a Amateur.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 1:40pm On May 13, 2013
andrewza:

Would love to see them run like the wind with full battel gear.

Andrewza you being funny with my Kenyan boys, they always have an element of surprise. Those boys have got a stamina and you should never let them to fight old men. They will give Nigeria a run for their money. LOL!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by kikuyu1(m): 1:41pm On May 13, 2013
OMFG! I was going over this !sh for laughs and realised several things:
-the barking of wild dogs is totally unfunny
-I refuse to respond to retarded threads cause I've too much dignity
-I've too much time on my hands to even read a little of this manure
-if you like unnecessary beef about nothing the net is your oyster;truly it can cause arrested development in at risk posters
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 1:55pm On May 13, 2013
agaugust:

You don't know mathematics, divide each figure above by its national population and see per capita ratio comparison.

Your education is poor and shameful.

Do the mathematics or else people will shame Kenya here today.

I am sorry I can't help out. I forgot that I am debating with a person who is a product of bad education system which is rated low in Africa and all over the world.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 2:11pm On May 13, 2013
all4naija: 1.

Image of a Nigerian warplane heads.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-XHfaZ9qK9FU/UFrEhlvBegI/AAAAAAAAJL0/kNgvgcEriAQ/s1600/airforce-jet-with-rockets.jpg[/img]

Image of Nigerian Alpha-jets.

Pls the pic is not an Alpha jet, it an Aero L-39 Albatros
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:43pm On May 13, 2013
Mbuisi:

I am sorry I can't help out. I forgot that I am debating with a person who is a product of bad education system which is rated low in Africa and all over the world.

So you cannot calculate murder rate per head of population for Nigeria and South Africa ?

S.hame and D.isgrace to the entire nation of Kenya, their B.rains cannot do mathematics, skinny legs skinny B.rains
grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:06pm On May 13, 2013
all4naija: The same can be said of Su-24. I added grippen to shorten what we are discussing about. Although , I am not an expertise in military hardware, there is nothing that be said about old Su-24 to beat and chew F7 that is more modern and has modern facilities. So, I doubt your argument.

How are you sure Nigeria only has pl-9 for the air to air combat? All the armaments are available but along with the fighter jets. Of what use are the jet fighters without armament?

Where are the Nigerian military hardware specialists to take on Andrewza?

@all4naija, Nigerian F-7 is a different generation aircraft to Grippen jet. F-7 is J-7 in China and it compares to Draken jet not Grippen jet.

It is J-17 called JF-17 Thunder that compares with Grippen jet, though Wikipedia does not say so, but people assume it because they are the same generation aircraft.

The world knows Nigeria is just using the F-7 jet as a temporary aircraft while we shop for a very modern and far superior 4.5 generation jet aircraft like JF-17 jet fighter or Su-30 heavy jet fighter.

Also Nigeria is trying to copy the F-7 jet fighter to build Nigerian made jet fighter in the near future. China copied Russian to build F-7 jet and Nigeria is copying China too. We have fully dis-assembled and re-assembled the F-7 jets in Nigeria as our local engineers copy its technology for our own future plans.

If you want to compare jet aircraft , type the name of the jet plus Wikipedia, then enter its Wikipedia page and go to the bottom lines to find comparable aircraft.

Feel free to ask military questions when in doubt, i will answer you at the time I come on line.

Good job so far, you be true pikin of naija !

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.