Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,469 members, 7,968,303 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:52 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4537390 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:16pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

What I'm saying is clear, 90% of the UA is financed by Western.so it is a known fact that the AU is a Western tool

most of that money is for AU peacekeeping missions. Basically if africa could do it themselves they would not need western help
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 12, 2013
andrewza:

That problem is no longer a major issue
not a major issue from whom perspective? SA or the foreigners? For you to neglect and minimize this issue tells a lot
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 7:17pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: please being harassed and not being free are two different things, there were white women harassed because they fcked black men in the USA, that doesn't mean they were not free or didn't have any rights

White have never been oppressed in Sa, they all enjoyed the advantages of apartheid.so celebrating freedom is a joke and not welcome

You must read my statement well, I said not all whites were free in SA and some were even forced to exile. Joe Slovo and Ruth First were among the few and the current ANC DC chairman who chased Malema out of the ANC.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:19pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: not a major issue from whom perspective? SA or the foreigners? For you to neglect and minimize this issue tells a lot

It no longer any higher than the national level that is what i mean. Any case they can leave for back home any time they want.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 12, 2013
Mbuisi:

You must read my statement well, I said not all whites were free in SA and some were even forced to exile. Joe Slovo and Ruth First were among the few and the current ANC DC chairman who chased Malema out of the ANC.
I read you well, you are the one who used the word: "harassed" and i pointed the difference I prefer to b harassed sometimes instead of living in bondage in my own land? Beside at least they were able to flee, what of SA?

Ask them if back they didn't want the place of these pseudo harassed white
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 7:22pm On May 12, 2013
all4naija: I will scrutinize that when I come back. For your information, I am not alluding to Nigeria to be freed of internal problems. That is a complete fact!

Before then, don't think SA does not have same to be going on online. There are equaling many to be said about your country. I am coming back with rebuttals.

Re: SA. Of course there is. You're right.

But the point is that Nigerians (who are supposedly killed in SA) have more positive things to say about South Africa than South Africans have to say about Nigeria. They excitedly tweet about the prospect of travelling to SA more than South Africans tweet about the prospect of going to Nigeria.

Why is this if they will be killed in SA?

Never mind that, why is this if the mighty Nigerian military has translated into a better life for Nigerians? Nigeria's military "might" has done nothing to lead Nigerians towards a better existence. If anything, it's been a yoke - and to a certain degree, it continues to be a yoke around the necks of ordinary Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 7:26pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
Your dck sucking and ridding is becoming pathetic, how many African armies have you seen flying? To make such biased comment?

You must move with times and research as to how aviation organisations rate pilots of various countries from their experience.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 7:26pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: not a major issue from whom perspective? SA or the foreigners? For you to neglect and minimize this issue tells a lot

Well if you want to argue the problem is being minimised, tell us how.

You can start by answering my question.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 7:29pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

You celebrate freedom when you have been living in bondage , enslaved etc last time I checked, white there have never been through that, so your link is irrelevant, this is an attempt to rewrite history.white were the oppressors, period.

You also celebrate freedom if you have "freedom of speech" where previously there was none. This is just one of the many basic rights that white South Africans have, which they didn't have preciously. You need to read up on South African democracy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 7:30pm On May 12, 2013
sithwell: .

Re: SA. Of course there is. You're right.

But the point is that Nigerians (who are supposedly killed in SA) have more positive things to say about South Africa than South Africans have to say about Nigeria. They excitedly tweet about the prospect of travelling to SA more than South Africans tweet about the prospect of going to Nigeria.

Why is this if they will be killed in SA?

Never mind that, why is this if the mighty Nigerian military has translated into a better life for Nigerians? Nigeria's military "might" has done nothing to lead Nigerians towards a better existence. If anything, it's been a yoke - and to a certain degree, it continues to be a yoke around the necks of ordinary Nigerians.

How many South African little girls were killed by Nigerians in South Africa yet they complain about being killed by SA. They have every right to kill and do not want to get their house in order.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 12, 2013
Mbuisi:

How many South African little girls were killed by Nigerians in South Africa yet they complain about being killed by SA. They have every right to kill and do not want to get their house in order.
tell us how many?

Beside it doesn't justify anything, I want to believe that there's a judiciary system and laws in SA. No civilian should take justice in hands
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 12, 2013
Mbuisi:

You must move with times and research as to how aviation organisations rate pilots of various countries from their experience.
how does this answer my question? You talked about them mastering their planes and doing acrobatic figures, so my question remains , how many African armies have u seen flying to conclude that SA are the best?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 12, 2013
sithwell:

You also celebrate freedom if you have "freedom of speech" where previously there was none. This is just one of the many basic rights that white South Africans have, which they didn't have preciously. You need to read up on South African democracy.
what are u on about? White were free there's a media censure in every part of the world...so give up about your white being on the same level with black..there's is no way you can compare both situations.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 7:45pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: what are u on about? White were free there's a media censure in every part of the world...so give up about your white being on the same level with black..there's is no way you can compare both situations.

A white person was not free to marry a black person. A white person was not free to speak out against the white government. A white person was not free to associate with black people designated as persona non grata. A white person was not free to live in a black area. A white person was not free to listen to banned music or read a banned book. Just some examples. Apartheid protected whites, but it was not democracy. Whites celebrate democracy today. Get to reading, Sir.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ckkris: 7:46pm On May 12, 2013
saengine: can someone please prove to me that the Nigerian air force can crush the South African air force.
For what purpose? Africans should be content where they are and what they have. saengine your reasoning is still European. UnAfrican. Why?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 7:49pm On May 12, 2013

Survival Training

These were captured during Escape and Evade Training

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 7:52pm On May 12, 2013

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 7:53pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: tell us how many?

Beside it doesn't justify anything, I want to believe that there's a judiciary system and laws in SA. No civilian should take justice in hands

This is not about people taking the law into their own hands. When I was in SA there was a lot of complaints about Nigerians, I mean other foreigners can behave including myself when I was in SA. What I noticed in SA is that many Nigerian nationals are undermining the law enforcement of SA and thereby if the citizens begin to take them otherwise and start to accuse them of being xenophobic. Tell me how do you explain to this tabloid pasted below.

http://www.potchefstroomherald.co.za/articles/articledetails.aspx?id=19073
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ckkris: 7:56pm On May 12, 2013
andrewza:

And white south africans are African

Afrikaans is recognised as a indigenous african language by the AU

I agree. There are thousands of white people that are citizens of Nigeria. Most of them were born here.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 7:58pm On May 12, 2013
ckkris:
It will be good to see a white member of ANC become President of SA.

Well, perhaps Nigeria should first overcome this tribal and religious mess before we start talking about who should be president of the ANC -----> https://www.nairaland.com/849209/igbos-yorubas-really-hate-each/7
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ckkris: 8:07pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: what are u on about? White were free there's a media censure in every part of the world...so give up about your white being on the same level with black..there's is no way you can compare both situations.
But you must also acknowledge that there are good and bad people in any community, whatever their colour.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:17pm On May 12, 2013
Mbuisi:

Please be informed that Nigerians are not that very good in flying machines. We as Kenyans we are the better pilots than Naija. Admit it, bad piloting is in your blood and no matter how they helped you to improve it, but it just couldn't work. You are too cowards to fly the plane with a skill and passion. No wonder why air passengers are always doubting your skills at Airports and always complain that they will not board a Nigerian plane.

you need to quote weblink sources for these your claims. @Mbuisi is really P.sycho and needs help...not medical...spiritual....sangboma c.urses have hit him, he posts like a man on bed in a P.sycho hospital
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ckkris: 8:20pm On May 12, 2013
sithwell:

Well, perhaps Nigeria should first overcome this tribal and religious mess before we start talking about who should be president of the ANC -----> https://www.nairaland.com/849209/igbos-yorubas-really-hate-each/7
If you come to Nigeria, you will be tempted to stay for good. The competition between the Igbos and Yorubas is what pushes Nigeria forward. And this competition should be sustained, under rule of law. The truth is that the lily -livered cannot stand it. No one hates anyone. Its all competition to loot, but not as much as the Republicans in the USA, or the trillion rogues in Japan.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 8:30pm On May 12, 2013
agaugust:

you need to quote weblink sources for these your claims. @Mbuisi is really P.sycho and needs help...not medical...spiritual....sangboma c.urses have hit him, he posts like a man on bed in a P.sycho hospital

Hello!! I fly everytime and I always relate to other passengers at airports, it is from my personal experience and doesn't need any source at all. Air passengers are always weary of flying Nigerian airlines. Let me give you an exercise, I don't know when will you be flying again. You must look at airlines people prefer the most and you must just ask them why do they opt for such airlines. My cousin who is based in SA and I one day flew to Sweden on a business trip and a whole lot of people were making fun of how scared are they to fly Nigerian airlines.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 12, 2013
andrewza:

nigerians and other africans go on about whites in SA more than south africans.

I've noticed these as well.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 8:38pm On May 12, 2013
ckkris:
If you come to Nigeria, you will be tempted to stay for good. The competition between the Igbos and Yorubas is what pushes Nigeria forward. And this competition should be sustained, under rule of law. The truth is that the lily -livered cannot stand it. No one hates anyone. Its all competition to loot, but not as much as the Republicans in the USA, or the trillion rogues in Japan.

And the religious killings?

PS - I have no doubt I'd find something to love in Nigeria, if I were to visit. And I plan to, one day.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:45pm On May 12, 2013
sithwell:

South Africa has no ongoing conflict. Nigeria does. Yet, Nigerians are sitting here telling us they can defeat the whole of Africa. Well, how about your defeat your troublesome fellow Nigerians first? How about that? Curbing ongoing conflict is exactly what a country's military is there for. First and foremost. Everything else of secondary.

invisible enemy

the most powerful armies on the world have NOT defeated domestic islamic terrorists or cross border islamic terrorists.

american army is best in the world with number one ranking[/b], but boston city of america was bombed by islamic terrorists few weeks ago inside american homeland. does that mean american army is not great ? nigerian army is facing what american army could NOT defeat.

france is super power military , yet they announced plans to run out of Mali war soon, just before it becomes religious guerrilla where the attackers hit and run and are faceless, transforming to civilians at random. france learned that from america, so they will soon run away from mali and hand over to nigeria army to fight the dirty religious guerilla war.

american army is best in the world but they get every week new attacks from islamic terrorists in iraq up till today, does that reduces american military ranking? NO.

british army could not defeat IRA religious terrorists for almost 30 years. russian army was killed in thousands by islamic terrorists in afghanistan and chechnya. south africa will NOT last 6 months if b.oko h.aram forces live with civilians in johannesburg and change to suicide bombers overnight, then run into villages and change back to civilian clothes in 30 minutes, mix with people on the street, go to work, market, school.....south africa wont last 6 months with that kind of war, its 10 times more dangerous than seleka rebels that come to you face to face and remain publicly availabe for you to shoot at.

israeli military is top 10 ranking in the world, yet they receive bombing attacks in jerusalem and tel aviv regularly from islamic terrorists and rockets from hezbollah islamists pass through israeli anti-missle defences and kill israelis inside israel regularly. does it make israeli military to be weak ? does it change their world military rankings ?

hey south africans...go sit down somewhere and stop ranting about nigerian army. south africa will NOT survive 6 months if you b.oko h.aram terrorists are south african legitimate citizens and residents.

i guess you do think...or am i wrong ? you become like @Mbuisi ? can i find any credible south african on nairaland ?

[img]http://1.bp..com/-O9_Xy2ySmNM/T4SAJNauzRI/AAAAAAAATBc/NqPfqdyKJw8/s400/bh1.jpeg[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ckkris: 9:09pm On May 12, 2013
sithwell:

And the religious killings?

PS - I have no doubt I'd find something to love in Nigeria, if I were to visit. And I plan to, one day.
Europeans often remark that Nigeria is the only nation on earth where people get away with almost anything.
Religious killing is sponsored by Islamic leaders who are afraid of losing political influence. And they can only operate in the rustic unimportant, noncommercial, unindustrialized desert top north, where they only disturb themselves. Nigeria is copying the USA in many ways. When you arrive Nigeria, be smart and look after yourself, no one will love you more than you love yourself. Is anything wrong with that?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 12, 2013
xhosanostraZAR:

I've noticed these as well.
The reason for that is black South Africans come around here to brag about their development and expect Nigerians to worship them for it. It is clear they have been meted equally with such egos in return. grin grin grin grin Trust me, Nigerians are smart to find something to hold on to as recrimination.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 12, 2013
sithwell:

It doesn't matter why Nigerians are solders in Mali if there are no results. There are no visible results All4Naija. Facts are facts.

You love talking about "innocent" Nigerians being harmed in South Africa. I love twitter because it shows exactly what people are thinking. When news of the visa waiver between Nigeria and SA was announced, it generated hundreds of tweets from Nigerians. I counted only a handful from South Africans.

The Nigerians have been tweeting excitedly, not even confirming that this waiver is only for diplomats. One Nigerian even said: "I should run to South Africa before they close the gate".

If Nigerians are such helpless victims of abuse in SA, one wonders why twitter, which contains real people's thoughts and conversations doesn't bare that out.

Fact is, you are arguing from a position of pride. Honest Nigerians do make the admissions about positives in SA that you'd never be caught making.
Utter NONSENSE. Nigerians are just good in playing with funny words. Even when it comes to Mali some would say the same thing. There is freedom of expression for Nigerians to air their views the way they feel like.

If you are using that to judge the situation in Nigeria, you just failed to see the reality on ground. Every Nigerians are just fond of saying things out of the ordinary. If you have been with Nigerians for long you will understand what I am talking about.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ckkris: 9:19pm On May 12, 2013
Mbuisi:

people were making fun of how scared are they to fly Nigerian airlines.

Very true. Nigeria still has high volume of domestic air traffic, flown by Nigerian pilots. Frequent crashes? Well, its part of it. Progress has its own costs, doesn't it? Even primitive Nigerians will not accept to have Nigerian aircraft flown by white people. No. Nigerians must be trained to fly them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.