Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,004 members, 7,903,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 07:36 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4493716 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 5:07pm On May 12, 2013
all4naija: Lol... You are now blaming pilots on machines in bad conditions. That alone prove your myopic stance on this topic. I can see you are very petty with reasoning. It happens more often in China than Nigeria. Does that now make Kenya have better pilots than China?

China=Nigeria, they are all fakes
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 12, 2013
Mbuisi:

Okay! Whatever. You cannot compare your country to China in all capacities!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 5:10pm On May 12, 2013
all4naija: No! You don't get it. It is what is accepted to be your independence day. Not only because you celebrated that day but because that is what the world accepted it to be. PERIOD!

No logic is need in this case.

All4Naija - for once, just accept correction and move on.

I'm South African. I know what April 27 is. I don't need to be told what the world did or did not do. April 27 is the day that signifies the advent of democracy. It is not independence day. We have no holiday on our calendar known as Independence Day. Therefore, you need to go back to the world and tell them what you've learnt today.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 12, 2013
sithwell:

There's nothing typical about a section of your population fighting and killing people in order to establish their own state. This is exactly what having a military is about. Stopping countrymen from having ideas that they can take on government; and then protecting the state from external attacks.

Nigeria is not the Uk or the US. These two countries have already built their roads.

Never mind that - ultimately, improving the lives of citizens is the main job of a government. Nigeria has been independent for decades. It's been fighting wars, but there's still work to be done at a very basic level. What's the point of the wars and military might? Why was Nigeria fighting all these wars if there still so much work to be done?

South Africa says clearly that it is involved in peacekeeping because South Africa wants stable trading partners. Perhaps, Nigeria says the same, but where's the stability in Nigeria that is conducive to societal progress. Look at the work done by South Africa since 1994. Less than 20 years.

What work has Nigeria done over the decades? There's no point in all of this stuff that you guys are talking about. Strong military in Nigeria. Weak military in Nigeria. It's all pointless.
Have you forgotten so soon Cape Town plan to secede in the near past? You keep begging the question with irrelevancy.

Stable South Africa with the African worse crime rates. Why not fight your high crimes first before pointing accusing fingers at Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:18pm On May 12, 2013
all4naija: Another shameless, defeated and unrepentant argument you are alluding to here.

No! It is not! South Africa's independence is 27th April 1994 and it is observed on that day.

no it is not, we celebrate freedom day, not indepence day

Freedom Day is a South African public holiday celebrated on 27 April. It celebrates freedom and commemorates the first post-apartheid elections held on that day in 1994.[1] They were the first national elections in South Africa in which the franchise did not depend upon race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Day_(South_Africa)

http://www.info.gov.za/events/2010/freedom-day.htm
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:22pm On May 12, 2013
all4naija: From the white rule. It is clear in what I posted before. Independence from white minority rule in 1994, which is the recognized independence by the world and the celebrated one in SA, my friend.

freedom you silly little man freedom. We whites are still south african and many whites a high level memebers of the triaparthied alliance.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 5:23pm On May 12, 2013
all4naija: Have you forgotten so soon Cape Town plan to secede in the near past? You keep begging the question with irrelevancy.

Stable South Africa with the African worse crime rates. Why not fight your high crimes first before pointing accusing fingers at Nigeria?

Cape Town. While you're wrong, I'll let it slide. It doesn't matter what Cape Town planned to do if there's no ongoing conflict in South Africa. Nigeria is facing ongoing conflict. South Africa isn't.

South Africa's crime is not treasonous. Nigeria's conflict is. People want to carve out their own country within Nigeria. And they are killing people on an ongoing basis in order to do that. This is not the stuff of police station commanders. This is the stuff of army generals. This is an issue of nationhood.

There's even a "red" travel warning for a huge section of Nigeria, yet you think you can debate issues of stability.

There's no protection from treasonous attack for a huge section of your Nigerian population. And you want to tell us about what you can do to other nations. Why? Why waste everybody's time with pointless bravado?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:27pm On May 12, 2013
all4naija: No! You don't get it. It is what is accepted to be your independence day. Not only because you celebrated that day but because that is what the world accepted it to be. PERIOD!

No logic is need in this case.

show us where people see that has our independence day. it is frredoms day, and is seen as the day SA became a true democracy. The white NP government was recognized has the legit government all the years beforehand by the international community.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:28pm On May 12, 2013
all4naija: The day Nigeria will catch SA red-handed oppressing any smaller African nation the day it will know what the undefeated defender(Nigerian military) is capable of.

Why do you assume we would do that. We only go where we are asked to go. Unlike nigeria in cameroon.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 12, 2013
andrewza:

Unlike nigeria in cameroon.
what are u talking about?
When you tried to enslave Namibia did they call u?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 5:38pm On May 12, 2013
all4naija: Look beyond your sentimental beliefs and accept what the world recognized as that nation independence and stop being petty! You even laid claim to SA not celebrating independence day in one of your comments yet you talk about independence exist in another.

You must be hallucinating, dude.

Then in that case the world is wrong and need to be corrected. SA gained his independence from Britain along with the likes of Ghana, Nigeria, etc. The independence of SA from Britain gave black SA a spark of hope that they will soon gain their freedom since they were restricted to own land from land act of 1913. Little did they know that the ruling National Party planned otherwise and consequently ceased its membership to commonwealth nations for a fear that Britain wanted to grant blacks freedom and equal rights which to them had bitter consequences because they will no longer have servants to work for them. Moreover, they will be forced to share the same amenities with blacks through egalitarian system which was proposed by Macmillan (the prime minister of Britain) in his wind for change speech.

The above statement is a proof that SA was long been independent from Britain and the only the only trouble which was left thereof, was for black people to fight for their freedom from slavery, servitude, torture, unlawful arrest, harassment, treated as foreigner in own's land, undeserved death penalty, etc. The truth is they never fought for independence but their freedom.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:43pm On May 12, 2013
agaugust: .

nigerian army, africa's best....uses regular attacks for combat practice

the best army in combat is the one that is always being attacked regularly to keep in fighting shape

nigerian civil war with B.iafra, biggest war in african history

500,000 soldiers, half a million with jet fighters and bombers, warships/frigates, tanks, heavy artillery used for 3 years

nigerian army, air force, navy weapons that are superior to south african military weapons

nigerian military has a long list of modern weapons that are superior to south africa older weapons. some of the nigerian weapons are NOT even available in south africa at all. e.g nigerian navy Israeli made sophisticated sea drones USV.

i have posted this long list before on page 103 and page 115 of this thread, any need to repeat it today ?

these above topics will be my next posts later tonight. how are you doing guys ? @snydergep continues to wisely avoid talking about the south african army defeat by seleka rebels. conscience is an open wound, only truth can heal it

@all4naija, good job, you scored many points right on target.

i need to answer some of your questions last week. nigerian army and airforce in mali are already using our naija made Amebo II air drones UAV and naija made land drones USV for combat missions in mali. nigeria is the only nation using drones now in mali war.

also, nigeria wanted to get the full transfer of technology to build long range ballistic missiles from north korea, but america complained and we stopped it because north korea might use the billion dallars from nigerian ballistic missile deal, to fund its nuclear missile program and threaten south korea.

then, nigeria decided to build our own long range ballistic missiles locally by converting the lagos Epe lagoon beach satellite and rocketry project to both civil and military use. about 100 nigerian military officers are already working with our civilian researchers on the epe facilities.

so far nigerian built rockets/missiles have been test fired up to a range of 120km.

nigeria is also in full discussion with Russia to build a full capacity world class nuclear reactor in abuja semi-deserts area.

combine the missiles building with the nuclear reactor building...you know the meaning, i am sure.

nigeria is planning to be at the same military power level of pakistan, dangerous enough to bluff any super power nation.

no that is wrong. Nigeria is fighting one style of war and has put all there effort in to it. They have no experience vs a modern milltarry. In any Case MEND was handled and BH is not a true military threat.

bifar was not a modern nation vs nation war. Yes the rebels had a few heavy weapons and even a token air force, but the government had a far larger stronger force. Sort of like DRC v M23 only nigeria is not a incompted nation who train rapists instead of solders.

There is no weapon that nigeria has that is better than any thing in SA hands and most modern advance nigerian weapons are in small numbers. The vast majority is obsolete and/or old (not all ways the same thing) only in gunboats do i see nigeria being in the lead. But SA has no need or use of a gun boat.

nigeria missile tech is still in the fetus era and has a long way to go. Any case the SANDF see,s no use for long rand surface to surface. surface to air is our focus now.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 5:43pm On May 12, 2013
Mbuisi:

Sithwell last month on the 27th April your democracy was turning 19 years old. That's if am right 1994-2013

You're right.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:44pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: what are u talking about?
When you tried to enslave Namibia did they call u?

that piece of land you to where argue about

techical it was german land when we took it. And we gave it indepency at the end of aparthied
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 5:47pm On May 12, 2013
I'm going back to work. Catch you people later.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:48pm On May 12, 2013
all4naija: Have you forgotten so soon Cape Town plan to secede in the near past? You keep begging the question with irrelevancy.

Show proof.

And the most accurate data at the same time. Most african countries dont even know there crime rate
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 5:48pm On May 12, 2013

South African crime rate has nothing to match to terrorists activities that have been consuming Nigeria with mass killings that you only see on movies.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 12, 2013
andrewza:

From this your argument it is clear SA has no independence. That I cannot agree with. Sorry!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:00pm On May 12, 2013
all4naija: From this your argument it is clear SA has no independence. That I cannot agree with. Sorry!

freedom is more important than indecency for us that is all.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 12, 2013
Mbuisi:

South African crime rate has nothing to match to terrorists activities that have been consuming Nigeria with mass killings that you only see on movies.
So what? Haven't you read about terrorism around the world? Is it a problem of a single nation? It is right you read up and start to be reasonable in your comments.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 12, 2013
andrewza:

Shut up who is we?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 12, 2013
andrewza:

freedom is more important than indecency for us that is all.
Oh. This I stand to disagree with. It is something I cannot relate with in a rational way. Can you please explain with evidence and why the world is wrong about your independence as ascertained to be 27th April, 1994?

Notwithstanding, it is every right of any nation soldiers to talk about their independence and their soveriegnty with pride. That I can see here SA military doesn't have one to talk about. Yet, claim they can withstand Nigeria strong soldiers stength.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 12, 2013
andrewza:

that piece of land you to where argue about

techical it was german land when we took it. And we gave it indepency at the end of aparthied
did they call u? Answer the question? They never called u and u enslaved them just like your German brothers so painting SA white is funny esp for a country with expansionism ideologies and records of invasions , enslavements and apartheid
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Mbuisi(m): 6:10pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Shut up who is we?

We, applies to South African community not you or I.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:11pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: did they call u? Answer the question? They never called u and u enslaved them just like your German brothers so painting SA white is funny esp for a country with expansionism ideologies and records of invasions , enslavements and apartheid

Old regime old news old policie
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 12, 2013
Mbuisi:

We, applies to South African community not you or I.

You didn't get my point, he is white so I don't think they celebrate or should celebrate freedom. So his we is misleading.
Only the real SA( black/African) celebrate freedom, history shouldn't b corrupted..

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 12, 2013
andrewza:

Old regime old news old policie
how so? So you mean since it is a new regime we shouldn't mention apartheid , your country is known to b a bully deal with it
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:18pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

You didn't get my point, he is white so I don't think they celebrate or should celebrate freedom. So his we is misleading.
Only the real SA( black/African) celebrate freedom, history shouldn't b corrupted..

There where white people opposing the apartheid regime. did you know that?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 12, 2013
sithwell:

Cape Town. While you're wrong, I'll let it slide. It doesn't matter what Cape Town planned to do if there's no ongoing conflict in South Africa. Nigeria is facing ongoing conflict. South Africa isn't.

South Africa's crime is not treasonous. Nigeria's conflict is. People want to carve out their own country within Nigeria. And they are killing people on an ongoing basis in order to do that. This is not the stuff of police station commanders. This is the stuff of army generals. This is an issue of nationhood.

There's even a "red" travel warning for a huge section of Nigeria, yet you think you can debate issues of stability.

There's no protection from treasonous attack for a huge section of your Nigerian population. And you want to tell us about what you can do to other nations. Why? Why waste everybody's time with pointless bravado?
It is very clear again you don't know anything about Nigeria and it problems. It would be better to ask yourself question why are Nigerians soldiers in Mali? What is the reason terrorism is all over the world caused by the silliest of all humans? Then you would start to see Nigeria fro another angle than just being sentimental about you comments to exonerate your country of its problem that is even affect foreigners thereby relating to other nations as problems. For me, that is as bad as any conflict or trouble. That is not only disturbancing but a crime that can linger in the face of freedom and better society. What a bad way to go by South Africans about their problems. I am expecting Nigerians to be blamed for these crimes yet nobody has mentioned it.

Wielding spears and cutlass in the face of wage increase, killing 33 family people by your police, continuous brutality on innocent immigrants on the streets and persistent blaming of innocent Nigerians for your crime and harming them are enough evidences to prove your society is not so much different from Nigeria you are trying to put on a bad light.

Free me of this self-aggrandizement at the face of your hostile crimes. When we know that is it not so rosy as you guys come here to claim.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 12, 2013
andrewza:

There where white people opposing the apartheid regime. did you know that?
that's not the point, the point is you have never been in bondage, enslaved, etc so celebrating freedom is distorting history and trying to rewrite, and it doesn't make any sense
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 12, 2013
Mbuisi:

These are some of the Nigerian jet flight pilots. You can keep hating if you like.

[img]http://nationalmirroronline.net/thumbnail.php?file=/Nigerian_Air_Force_761268439.jpg&size=article_large[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sithwell: 6:28pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

On the contrary, here's a short write up by a white South African on Freedom Day. It should give you some insights on why your thinking is wrong. It's up to South Africans to decide who is a real South African and who isn't - as well as who should celebrate Freedom Day; and why.

http://feministssa.com/2012/04/02/on-freedom/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.