Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,783 members, 7,915,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:09 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4498726 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

Am I also allowed to join Beegeagle's blog?
Why are you so obsessed with Nigeria ?
Why don't you go to defenceweb ?
Beegeagle's blog is not for Nigerian-hating, it is for people who correct the biase attitude towards Nigeria in the press and for those who really know Nigeria and offer advices and encouragement for the F.R.N. It is not for people who feel threatened to see Nigeria progress.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

Shame!!! Your efforts could not work for you. CUBA came thousands of miles to assume your position that you could have played by collaborating with Angolan and guerrillas to stop the wrath of apartheid forces from colonising the region, while your strong men with big muscles where sitting on their budds. Black people were suffering oppression bitterly at the hands of Whites in SA under your noses, but here you are boasting about your invention which was never even physical. You chickened out when ANC asked you to send troops to Mozambique to provide defence to their headquarters but instead ANC shifted further to Lusaka because of consistent attacks from apartheid forces who invaded Mozambique like a playground. You have just only embarrassed yourselves because even your military chiefs were scared of SA to their throats and all that they could do was to provide cheap material support.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
that article musst have hit you very hard. try to take some aspirin ok. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

You like free things eh? Free for all platform where you can carry on with lawless behavior ... ? grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

the blog is for mature and enlightened people, and you lack both qualities.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
Donian007: YOU WISH! You need prayers to wake-up from your dream, go tell that to your dogs!

It was actually less than 1%
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

While you still can't show independent verified counts of Seleka casualties, are you also saying SA needs the full might of the SANDF to take care of Seleka? I am done with this discussion! grin

I have posted sources were civilians who witnessed the battle and Seleka fights who fought in the battle confirmed the info
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

You challenged who? How? With what? Please go and sit in your delusional corner!!

Again what did your ship manage to achieve by sailing to West African waters? Your ship went there, but did your cruise ship tourist have the balls to step ashore? Shut up and remain as you were ... dullard military ware modelling agency!! Meanwhile Nigeria was busy using its solid diplomatic and military channels to give legitimacy to the President-elect Alassane Ouattara and weakening position of your rouge Gbagbo whom SA sent the ship to collect for possible asylum in SA!

Stop the nonsense!!

It did deploy SF teams ashore, and Nigeria did nothing but support France install it new dictator.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
chris365:

that was your number one tactical failure. you sent 200 men including special force to a far away country, knowing fully well they will engage the enemy eventually and you had no plan for air support.

number two failure was that after losing so much men, you finally scrambled you jets and helicopters only to pull back after you found out it wasn't gonna be a walk in the park.

i see that the two universities you attended haven't helped develop your brain. maybe you need to attend a third one.

We did not know we would end up fighting or fighting the force that ended up against us, The SA contgancy was the smallest force in CAR, yet the only won to stand and fight and inflected he highest casualties. But the force sent there was never ment to fight seleka alone.

They pulled back because the mission to move in was not granted, if Zuma made a unilateral decision to invade the CAR hw would have been impeached and since FOMAC is a group of sell outs there was no way to get approve
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

Non of my posts ever get approved there, even if i say nice things
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
patriot4:
Why are you so obsessed with Nigeria ?
Why don't you go to defenceweb ?
Beegeagle's blog is not for Nigerian-hating, it is for people who correct the biase attitude towards Nigeria in the press and for those who really know Nigeria and offer advices and encouragement for the F.R.N. It is not for people who feel threatened to see Nigeria progress.

Bwahahahahaha!!! I was only pulling your leg chief. Feel free to chat on that platform atleast South Africans will not give you headaches.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

I will bury your ugly face in your stinking pepper soup just now. Since when did Nigeria ever project itself as a military power in Africa? Nigerian troops have never even come close to down their sinking assssess on SADC to project their military power. SA has been all over Africa without any fear.
Yes, you have been all over Africa, roaming about aimlessly and shamelessly like depressed and hopeless orphans as you always get beaten and banished by rag-tag rebels then you trade blames. FOMAC this FOMAC that, Get prepared because FARDC is not much different from FOMAC. COWARDS!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
The question of the day is:

Why did the "mighty" military of Naai-geria start something it couldn't finish in Mali?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/18/us-nigeria-un-mali-idUSBRE96H12S20130718

Nigeria to pull many troops from U.N. Mali force
(Reuters) - Nigeria plans to withdraw much of its 1,200-strong contingent from the United Nations peacekeeping mission in Mali, saying the troops are needed to beef up security at home, sources familiar with the matter said on Thursday.

_____
Had no business going to Mali in the first place, seeing as Naai-geria itself needs to be saved.

lipsrsealed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
andrewza:

I have posted sources were civilians who witnessed the battle and Seleka fights who fought in the battle confirmed the info

yeah right... by an SA source. i can also show you a link where the same civilians claim they saw more than 50 SADF scattered everywhere.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

#They# #were# #stationed# #in# #Zambia# #for# #any# #attack# #that# #could# #happen# #again#.
OH! So the soldiers that died were given free to Seleka for shooting practice. You were waiting for them to take extra so you can cry buckets. SMH!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
andrewza:

It did deploy SF teams ashore, and Nigeria did nothing but support France install it new dictator.

Andrew! Stop talking nonsense!! SANDF deployed no one ashore! Stop it!! So what did they achieve while ashore? Stop the advancing pro-Ouattara forces? Ouattara was the validly elected President and not the criminal Gbagbo that South Africa supported. Please stop talking rubbish ... Look at the links I posted earlier for some education on Nigeria's and ECOWAS position on the matter! Anyways your cruise trip to West African waters was just another waste of taxpayers money ... your Gbagbo was moved out shamefully from the presidential palace!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2013
Naai-geria is always bit*hing.

Nation of big sissies.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/119370/1/jonathan-orders-nigerian-troops-home-from-mali.html

Jonathan orders Nigerian troops home from Mali
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2013
CraigB: The question of the day is:

Why did the "mighty" military of Naai-geria start something it couldn't finish in Mali?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/18/us-nigeria-un-mali-idUSBRE96H12S20130718

Nigeria to pull many troops from U.N. Mali force
(Reuters) - Nigeria plans to withdraw much of its 1,200-strong contingent from the United Nations peacekeeping mission in Mali, saying the troops are needed to beef up security at home, sources familiar with the matter said on Thursday.

_____
Had no business going to Mali in the first place, seeing as Naai-geria itself needs to be saved.

lipsrsealed

Fools with zero brain power! Find the reason from the same source or just shut your trap! grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
andrewza:

Non of my posts ever get approved there, even if i say nice things

Who forced you to say nice things you sycophant? grin grin grin this one cracked me up so much! See desperation o!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 9:00pm On Jul 18, 2013
It was always going to end like this.

Naai-geria always moans. And they think they could be resilient enough to fight other countries?

Yeah right!

____

The pictures taken when Naai-geria deployed say it all.

Clowns! grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 9:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
I think the guys in the picture could've finished the job in Mali.

Naai-gerians and their rushing around.

"Yes, we are defeating BH"

"No, we are not overstretched"

Yeah, right.

Bunch of clowns! grin grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
chris365:

yeah right... by an SA source. i can also show you a link where the same civilians claim they saw more than 50 SADF scattered everywhere.

And that french reporter has been shown to be talking out his ass.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
CraigB: I think the guys in the picture could've finished the job in Mali.

Naai-gerians and their rushing around.

"Yes, we are defeating BH"

"No, we are not overstretched"

Yeah, right.

Bunch of clowns! grin grin grin
Everytime I think about the current SANDF the word “Useless” drifts past my mind.

They are not a soldiers’ arse. Throwing down the rifle and running in the opposite direction when the bullets start to fly is their trademark.

These clowns couldn’t even hold back a few rag-tag rebels in the Central African Republic.

To put it in simple English; “They got their arses handed to them.

How many were exactly killed is unknown and reports differ, but this one reckons 13 died and 27 were wounded.

13 SANDF soldiers die

Rebels seized the riverside capital of Bangui in fierce fighting on Sunday, forcing President Francois Bozize to flee.

Already the bullshit excuses and commie lies are coming in…They had no arial support…They were outnumbered etc.
‘It was 200 of us against 3 000 rebels’

Firstly, the rebels also did not have arial support. Secondly I do not for one moment believe the lies of the ANC regime.

I won’t be surprised if this was just a handful of rebels against 200 SANDF clowns.
http://browse.feedreader.com/c/Mike_Smith_s_Political_Commentary/364919927
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Andrew! Stop talking nonsense!! SANDF deployed no one ashore! Stop it!! So what did they achieve while ashore? Stop the advancing pro-Ouattara forces? Ouattara was the validly elected President and not the criminal Gbagbo that South Africa supported. Please stop talking rubbish ... Look at the links I posted earlier for some education on Nigeria's and ECOWAS position on the matter! Anyways your cruise trip to West African waters was just another waste of taxpayers money ... your Gbagbo was moved out shamefully from the presidential palace!

Zuma was in ivory coast, hence SF were there.

No they both claimed victory but neither side could prove it, so where was the recount or seconded round of voting.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
patriot4:
Everytime I think about the current SANDF the word “Useless” drifts past my mind.

It's not the SANDF that's going back to their mothers today. It's Naai-geria grin grin grin

After all of that shouting and chest-beating, you disappear even before the first salvo?

No one should put their faith on a Naai-gerian.

When we tell you that you cannot sustain anything, you get angry. Can you see now?

If you sustained war for two days, the heavens would fall grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Who forced you to say nice things you sycophant? grin grin grin this one cracked me up so much! See desperation o!

I have siad nice things about Nigeria in the past, but you guys have shown me you not worthy of me being nice.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
CraigB: It was always going to end like this.

Naai-geria always moans. And they think they could be resilient enough to fight other countries?

Yeah right!

____

Clowns! grin

One of the picture you posted was taken during a pre-deployment training.
The other was taken when Nigerian soldiers were celebrating their future deployment to mali.
So in both cases, you lied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hzUDDEO7-E
Nigeria is leaving mali to protest UN's policies in Africa, and ICC neocolonialism and the fact that no African nation is in the UNSC. AFISMA (ECOWAS mission) being over, Nigeria is not interested in MINUSMA (UN mission). End of story.
Those who are interested in reality instead of some Nigerian bashing from a juvenile in south africa should visit Beegeagle's blog.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

It proved nothing. Support what troops? The troops scared for their lives on board the ship or the one that took no action whatsoever to get troops to harbour or advance them to Yamoussoukro? Chei wetin person no go hear! You are a clown!!

Again you are talking trash! grin You stood firm by criticizing NATO airstrikes? Several other countries did the same! I would have expected SANDF to take on NATO by flexing those muscles you have been talking about. There'll be no end to your being such a joke!! But here is a little help for you with regard to Nigeria's use of diplomatic and military channels to squeeze out Gbagbo.

http://mg.co.za/article/2011-01-24-nigeria-urges-un-to-authorise-force-in-cte-divoire
https://www.globalpolicy.org/security-council/index-of-countries-on-the-security-council-agenda/ivory-coast/49728.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/22/ozatp-nigeria-ivorycoast-idAFJOE72L0J320110322

Whatever can be resolved by pressure or dialogue is always Nigeria's first option. These days Nigeria doesn't go illegitimately to war as can be seen with Cote d'ivoire and Mali scenarios. ECOWAS and UN authorisations are all Nigeria needs to activate military deployment for business. We have done it several times over ... so, cry yourself some buckets!

Your SANDF deceived your taxpayers by taking some lazy troops on a holiday cruise to West African waters ... and I hope your SANDF tourists were able to get good views of Yamoussoukro from your ship stationed kilometers from shore? Nice try my boy!! Gbagbo was removed ... hence Nigeria succeeded.

QED
At least 20,000 border communities living in
Gwoza local government area of Borno state
were forced to flee into the neighboring town
of Ashgashiya in Cameroon Republic to
escape ‘extra- judicial killings, arbitrary
arrests and intimidation’ allegedly
perpetrated by special troops deployed to
battle the Boko Haram insurgents,
representatives of the fleeing communities
said yesterday.
Gwoza, about 130 kilmetres from Maiduguri,
the capital city is among the towns under
heavy military operations since the
declaration of emergency rule by President
Goodluck Jonathan about two months ago. It
is also one of the major epicenters of the Boko
Haram insurgency which witnessed series of
killings and bombings in the last three years.
The affected persons, comprising women,
children and the elderly, from over 40 villages
have now turned to refugees in Cameroon
Republic after trekking for a 10 meter
distance to cross over a stream and enter into
the neigboring country.
Residents of the areas said they had started
crossing over to Cameroon to seek for safety
two weeks ago when soldiers invaded their
respective areas and allegedly embarked on
selective killings.
Our correspondent reports that some youth,
carried placards protesting their return.
In their separate remarks, community leaders
of the aggrieved refugees told the deputy
governor that they resolved fleeing to
Cameroon following the ‘merciless killings and
other atrocities’ allegedly meted out on them
by the security forces, under the guise of
hunting suspected terrorists.
Narrating their ordeals to the deputy
governor, community leader of Ashigashiya
village, Alhaji Abdu Ashigashiya said that it
was fear of death that informed their fleeing
to Cameroon and vowed never to return to
Nigeria because they believed that those
killed by the soldiers were not Boko Haram
insurgents but innocent civilians as some
people hide under political and religious
sentiments and gave their names to soldiers
as members of terrorist group.
Also speaking, another community leader in
Ngoshe village Malam Abubakar Saddiqi
alledged that sometimes last month soldiers
came into Ngoshe town with a lists of people
and arrested three who were killed almost
immediately without given the opportunity for
fair hearing.
According to Malam Siddiqi, “we wonder why
the security forces visited their anger on us
even after one of the commanders deployed
to the area, assured us that no soldier who
would kill anybody unlawfully, five days later,
precisely on 20th June 2013, we woke up
with the sound of gun shots everywhere,
which resulted in the killings of eight persons
including a principal, head master and an
Imam of the Friday mosque.”
The post Boko Haram: 20,000 Nigerians flee
to Cameroon appeared first on Peoples Daily
Newspaper, Nigeria." Let it seek in,GET IT?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF0gZ_Q8JQo

"And the seleka rebels who chased them (SANDF) out"
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 9:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
patriot4:
The other was taken when Nigerian soldiers were celebrating their future deployment to mali.

Nigeria is leaving mali to protest UN's policies in Africa, and ICC neocolonialism and the fact that no African nation is in the UNSC. AFISMA being over, Nigeria is not interested in MINUSMA. End of story.
Those who are interested in reality instead of some Nigerian bashing from a juvenile in south africa should visit Beegeagle's blog.

Grasping at straws. Wrong picture. So what?

The fact remains. You went to Mali and made a lot of noise about it. Now you've failed to finish what you started. A big component of your forces is going back home to their mothers. War is not for sissies. Why are you b*tching? Protest se voet grin

You need saving and you think you can save other people?

Ha flippin ha!

Weren't you people saying that you have diplomatic clout today? Is this it? Is this Naa-geria's diplomatic clout?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
patriot4:

Nigeria is leaving mali to protest UN's policies in Africa, and ICC neocolonialism and the fact that no African nation is in the UNSC. AFISMA being over, Nigeria is not interested in MINUSMA. End of story.

If so why is nigeria still sending troops to far flung nastions on UN deployments, instability in malil is a greater threat to nigeria than instability in sudan. Yes please leave us mr french man.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
CraigB: It was always going to end like this.

Yeah right!

____

Clowns! grin

Did you hear Nigeria is withdrawing from Mali,cause BH is making them girls in their own gardens and backyards.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
patriot4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF0gZ_Q8JQo

"And the seleka rebels who chased them (SANDF) out"

Chased? we left of our own accord after killing up to 800 seleka fighters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.