Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,745 members, 7,875,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4473912 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

If not for modelling purposes, I am not sure what the outcomes of those "SANDF's holiday cruise" trips were! The only one battle trip so far has been in Seleka's CAR. And the scars are still fresh on SANDF's bu.ttocks!!
Modelling purposes?,unless you're leaving under a rock. Then you won't know that the SANDF is sending hardware to DRC,two Rooivalk have been allocated. Mambas are already patrolling in Goma. Now show us some heavy Nigerian weapons deployed in Mali or in your Garden.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
andrewza:

Not even 1% of our milltary power killed 800 rebels.
YOU WISH! You need prayers to wake-up from your dream, go tell that to your dogs!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
andrewza:

Not even 1% of our milltary power killed 800 rebels.

While you still can't show independent verified counts of Seleka casualties, are you also saying SA needs the full might of the SANDF to take care of Seleka? I am done with this discussion! grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
andrewza:

It is true though. SA goes were it wants to go. Remeber the the big hoo ha over drakensberg.
South Africa was flexing a military muscle by sending the SAS Drankensburg in western African waters,where Nigeria strong has influence.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Modelling purposes?,unless you're leaving under a rock. Then you won't know that the SANDF is sending hardware to DRC,two Rooivalk have been allocated. Mambas are already patrolling in Goma. Now show us some heavy Nigerian weapons deployed in Mali or in your Garden.

Of course ... (military cool bikini) modelling purposes. Check out the comment I responded to before you come here to exhibit your dullard tendencies! If CAR was too hot for your SANDF are you as usual thinking that the DRC will be a cool walk in the park?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Defeat Seleka rebels who do not produce or possess your kind of weapons first!! Nigeria awaits your challenge thereafter my boy!!
We challenged you by sending the SAS Drakensburg in western african waters. And what did you?,yeah boy you paddled your boats to harbour and ran off to seek protection from BH.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mike..ZA:

hahahahahahaha.... the same rooivalk you stationed in zambia to attack CAR only to chicken out? SANDF is a military modelling agency. period.
go back to previous pages for the bolded.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

The joke is still on you! Still here laughing in Xhosa and Zulu combined!

Did you know that the USA AH-1Z attack helicopter,Is also called the "zulu cobra"?. Now do your bit for humanity,on this Mandela day by using 67 minutes of your time by wondering "why"?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mike..ZA:
We challenged you by sending the SAS Drakensburg in western african waters. And what did you?,yeah boy you paddled your boats to harbour and ran off to seek protection from BH.

You challenged who? How? With what? Please go and sit in your delusional corner!!

Again what did your ship manage to achieve by sailing to West African waters? Your ship went there, but did your cruise ship tourist have the balls to step ashore? Shut up and remain as you were ... dullard military ware modelling agency!! Meanwhile Nigeria was busy using its solid diplomatic and military channels to give legitimacy to the President-elect Alassane Ouattara and weakening position of your rouge Gbagbo whom SA sent the ship to collect for possible asylum in SA!

Stop the nonsense!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Did you know that the USA AH-1Z attack helicopter,Is also called the "zulu cobra"?. Now do your bit for humanity,on this Mandela day by using 67 minutes of your time by wondering "why"?

It can be called Zuma Cobra ... how does it reduce the price of Maize meal in your South Africa?
Well ... do as you preach go and spend 67 minutes doing something to keep him alive and well. What have I as a Nigerian got to do with your Mandela day? You are a basket case! Very porous by nature!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
chris365:

hahahahahahaha.... the same rooivalk you stationed in zambia to attack CAR only to chicken out? SANDF is a military modelling agency. period.
go back to previous pages for the bolded.

You are just a fool because the Griffins and Rooivalk were asked to retreat after the war settled. They were merely on standby for safe exit of SA forces in CAR. Should Seleka rebels envisaged second attack, they would have suffered the wrath of rooivalk and Griffins.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mike..ZA:
South Africa was flexing a military muscle by sending the SAS Drankensburg in western African waters,where Nigeria strong has influence.

If flexing and showing your butt.ocks while running from CAR is what you mean by flexing your "muscles" ... I feel so sorry for you! Unfortunately, a ship that never arrived in a country's harbour could as well have been on sightseeing cruise to anywhere on planet earth! You call that flexing?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

You are just a fool because the Griffins and Rooivalk were asked to retreat after the war settled. They were merely on standby for safe exit of SA forces in CAR. Should Seleka rebels envisaged second attack, they would have suffered the wrath of rooivalk and Griffins.

oh you retreated before the war even started. ok

so the first attack where you lost more than 30 men was not enough to provoke your griffins and rooivalk. ok

now just give me one good reason why SANDF is not a modelling agency?

you only stationed to jets AS THE NORMAL MODELLING STRATEGY to let the world know you have them. but did't have the guts to engage a rebel group that don't even have one helicopter.. what a big joke you are grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
Donian007: And what was the result when you decide to go where you wish? CAR?=DISGRACE!

Disgrace. FOMAC was disgraced. 1000 solders with AFV and they gave up or ran away with out firing a shot.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
chris365:

oh you retreated before the war even started. ok

so the first attack where you lost more than 30 men was not enough to provoke your griffins and rooivalk. ok

now just give me one good reason why SANDF is not a modelling agency?

you only stationed to jets AS THE NORMAL MODELLING STRATEGY to let the world know you have them. but did't have the guts to engage a rebel group that don't even have one helicopter.. what a big joke you are grin grin grin grin grin

Yet again you are showing your midget brains. The Griffins and Rooivalk were deployed to give Air support to the South African troops who were just attacked by seleka. They were stationed in Zambia for any attack that could happen again.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
andrewza:

Disgrace. FOMAC was disgraced. 1000 solders with AFV and they gave up or ran away with out firing a shot.

did FOMAC beg you to come and join the fight? NO

you went to CAR to copy Nigeria in projecting power and your weakness was revealed. since you wanted to be project military power, you had no reason to chicken out. now you want to blame FOMAC. joker tongue tongue

now tell me how you intend to project power if you keep running away from battle? losers feeling funky grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

You challenged who? How? With what? Please go and sit in your delusional corner!!

Again what did your ship manage to achieve by sailing to West African waters? Your ship went there, but did your cruise ship tourist have the balls to step ashore? Shut up and remain as you were ... dullard military ware modelling agency!! Meanwhile Nigeria was busy using its solid diplomatic and military channels to give legitimacy to the President-elect Alassane Ouattara and weakening position of your rouge Gbagbo whom SA sent the ship to collect for possible asylum in SA!

Stop the nonsense!!
. What did our ship achieve? It proved we can support our troops any where in the continent. Nigeria has a solid diplomatic and military channels? Joking right?,I remember you guys sending threats to the coup leader in Mali without doing anything. You were quiet during the Libyan civil war,only South Africa stood firm on the African continent and criticised NATO air strikes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:
The Griffins and Rooivalk were deployed to give Air support to the South African troops who were just attacked by seleka

Msauza: . They were stationed in Zambia for any attack that could happen again.

ok i now understand. you need to lose from 200 men before you can retaliate in any conflict. sissies grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
chris365:

did FOMAC beg you to come and join the fight? NO

you went to CAR to copy Nigeria in projecting power and your weakness was revealed. since you are wanted to be project military power, you had no reason to chicken out. now you want to blame FOMAC. joker tongue tongue

now tell me how you intend to project power if you keep running away from battle? losers feeling funky grin grin

I will bury your ugly face in your stinking pepper soup just now. Since when did Nigeria ever project itself as a military power in Africa? Nigerian troops have never even come close to down their sinking assssess on SADC to project their military power. SA has been all over Africa without any fear.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2013
chris365:

ok i now understand. you need to lose from 200 men before you can retaliate in any conflict. sissies grin grin grin grin grin grin

I understand that it is very difficult to explain any sense to a tiny Nigerian brain. The Griffins were never there during the first attack.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:
Since when did Nigeria ever project itself as a military power in Africa?

here's your answer http://www.mongabay.com/history/nigeria/nigeria-african_and_regional_issues.html

Msauza:
SA has been all over Africa without any fear.

we know your ships have sailed round africa but where have your military been tested and left as winners? CAR was your test and you failed woefully. tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2013
chris365:

here's your answer http://www.mongabay.com/history/nigeria/nigeria-african_and_regional_issues.html

we know your ships have sailed round africa but where have your military been tested and left as winners? CAR was your test and you failed woefully. tongue

Our mission in CAR was to establish professional military and had nothing to do with war. With only just a steak of our troops we have managed to kill hundreds of them and suffered only 13 casualties. No army in the world can achieve that without a heavy fire because French troops who were in charge of the Airport never allowed us to deploy heavy fire since 2007 because our mission was to train CAR troops.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:
The Griffins were never there during the first attack.

that was your number one tactical failure. you sent 200 men including special force to a far away country, knowing fully well they will engage the enemy eventually and you had no plan for air support.

number two failure was that after losing so much men, you finally scrambled you jets and helicopters only to pull back after you found out it wasn't gonna be a walk in the park.

i see that the two universities you attended haven't helped develop your brain. maybe you need to attend a third one.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

Our mission in CAR was to establish professional military and had nothing to do with war. With only just a steak of our troops we have managed to kill hundreds of them and suffered only 13 casualties. No army in the world can achieve that without a heavy fire because French troops who were in charge of the Airport never allowed us to deploy heavy fire since 2007 because our mission was to train CAR troops.

keep lying to yourself... losers.

did you enjoy the article i posted? hope it didn't give you goose bumps? wink

this is the part i enjoyed reading most:

Nigeria has been in the vanguard of African support for the liberation of southern Africa and defense of the frontline states. It was one of the most consistent and generous providers of political, financial, and material assistance to the Namibian liberation movement, the South West Africa People's Organization (SWAPO), including substantial support to help organize pre- independence elections. Nigeria donated several million dollars' worth of military and financial aid to the African National Congress in its struggle against South Africa's apartheid regime. Nigeria also sent military equipment to Mozambique, which was attempting to suppress South African-backed Resistência Nacional Moçambicana (Renamo) guerrillas.

and the article was written before Liberia, SL, ivory coast and Bissau crisis.
now provide one for south africa's records
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mike..ZA:
. What did our ship achieve? It proved we can support our troops any where in the continent. Nigeria has a solid diplomatic and military channels? Joking right?,I remember you guys sending threats to the coup leader in Mali without doing anything. You were quiet during the Libyan civil war,only South Africa stood firm on the African continent and criticised NATO air strikes.

It proved nothing. Support what troops? The troops scared for their lives on board the ship or the one that took no action whatsoever to get troops to harbour or advance them to Yamoussoukro? Chei wetin person no go hear! You are a clown!!

Again you are talking trash! grin You stood firm by criticizing NATO airstrikes? Several other countries did the same! I would have expected SANDF to take on NATO by flexing those muscles you have been talking about. There'll be no end to your being such a joke!! But here is a little help for you with regard to Nigeria's use of diplomatic and military channels to squeeze out Gbagbo.

http://mg.co.za/article/2011-01-24-nigeria-urges-un-to-authorise-force-in-cte-divoire
https://www.globalpolicy.org/security-council/index-of-countries-on-the-security-council-agenda/ivory-coast/49728.html
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/22/ozatp-nigeria-ivorycoast-idAFJOE72L0J320110322

Whatever can be resolved by pressure or dialogue is always Nigeria's first option. These days Nigeria doesn't go illegitimately to war as can be seen with Cote d'ivoire and Mali scenarios. ECOWAS and UN authorisations are all Nigeria needs to activate military deployment for business. We have done it several times over ... so, cry yourself some buckets!

Your SANDF deceived your taxpayers by taking some lazy troops on a holiday cruise to West African waters ... and I hope your SANDF tourists were able to get good views of Yamoussoukro from your ship stationed kilometers from shore? Nice try my boy!! Gbagbo was removed ... hence Nigeria succeeded.

QED
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mike..ZA:
we were not quiet.
We supported the NTC. Libya and CIV shows that we are diplomatically stronger than you, fact!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
chris365:

keep lying to yourself... losers.

did you enjoy the article i posted? hope it didn't give you goose bumps? wink

this is the part i enjoyed reading most:

Nigeria has been in the vanguard of African support for the liberation of southern Africa and defense of the frontline states. It was one of the most consistent and generous providers of political, financial, and material assistance to the Namibian liberation movement, the South West Africa People's Organization (SWAPO), including substantial support to help organize pre- independence elections. Nigeria donated several million dollars' worth of military and financial aid to the African National Congress in its struggle against South Africa's apartheid regime. Nigeria also sent military equipment to Mozambique, which was attempting to suppress South African-backed Resistência Nacional Moçambicana (Renamo) guerrillas.

and the article was written before Liberia, SL, ivory coast and Bissau crisis.
now provide one for south africa's records

Shame!!! Your efforts could not work for you. CUBA came thousands of miles to assume your position that you could have played by collaborating with Angolan and guerrillas to stop the wrath of apartheid forces from colonising the region, while your strong men with big muscles where sitting on their budds. Black people were suffering oppression bitterly at the hands of Whites in SA under your noses, but here you are boasting about your invention which was never even physical. You chickened out when ANC asked you to send troops to Mozambique to provide defence to their headquarters but instead ANC shifted further to Lusaka because of consistent attacks from apartheid forces who invaded Mozambique like a playground. You have just only embarrassed yourselves because even your military chiefs were scared of SA to their throats and all that they could do was to provide cheap material support.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 18, 2013
Courtesy to Beegeagle's blog:

VANGUARD
July 17, 2013
MAKURDI

Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Azubike Ihejirika, yesterday, said that the Nigerian Army has recruited over 16,000
officers and men to beef up its operations within and outside the country in the last two years.

Ihejirika spoke during the Nigerian Army Combat Support Arms Training Week 2013, with the theme “Enhancing the Capacity of the Nigerian Army Combat Support Arms in the Contemporary Environment”, at the Nigerian Army School of Military Engineering, NASME, in Makurdi, Benue State capital.

Meanwhile, Governor Gabriel Suswam of
Benue State has described the army as
“the backbone, hope and stabilising
factor in our country’s democracy and
therefore deserves the continuous
support and encouragement of the political class.” Suswam was represented on the occasion by his Special Adviser on Security, Col. Basil Kwembe (rtd.).

Ihejirika said the Army would continue to improve on its capacity to meet the
challenges of the time, adding that the
military in collaboration with other
security agencies was already winning
the war against terrorism in the country. He said: “In the last two years, the all-
round recruitment into the army is put at over 16,000. “This means we must improve on our housing facilities, which is a challenge our Army Engineers must be prepared to tackle.”

Earlier in his speech, Commander Army
Corps of Engineers, Major-Gen. Funsho
Owonibi, had said that the week-long
training would provide officers the
needed platform to brainstorm on issues
of security in the country and ways of tackling same.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
16000 in 2 years. It seems we are getting nearer to our goal of 150000 personnel in the army.
I guess similar efforts are being made in the other services.
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
patriot4: Courtesy to Beegeagle's blog:

VANGUARD
July 17, 2013
MAKURDI

Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Azubike Ihejirika, yesterday, said that the Nigerian Army has recruited over 16,000
officers and men to beef up its operations within and outside the country in the last two years.

Ihejirika spoke during the Nigerian Army Combat Support Arms Training Week 2013, with the theme “Enhancing the Capacity of the Nigerian Army Combat Support Arms in the Contemporary Environment”, at the Nigerian Army School of Military Engineering, NASME, in Makurdi, Benue State capital.

Meanwhile, Governor Gabriel Suswam of
Benue State has described the army as
“the backbone, hope and stabilising
factor in our country’s democracy and
therefore deserves the continuous
support and encouragement of the political class.” Suswam was represented on the occasion by his Special Adviser on Security, Col. Basil Kwembe (rtd.).

Ihejirika said the Army would continue to improve on its capacity to meet the
challenges of the time, adding that the
military in collaboration with other
security agencies was already winning
the war against terrorism in the country. He said: “In the last two years, the all-
round recruitment into the army is put at over 16,000. “This means we must improve on our housing facilities, which is a challenge our Army Engineers must be prepared to tackle.”

Earlier in his speech, Commander Army
Corps of Engineers, Major-Gen. Funsho
Owonibi, had said that the week-long
training would provide officers the
needed platform to brainstorm on issues
of security in the country and ways of tackling same.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nigerians up here, I urge you to promote Beageagle's blog as much as possible.
And I urge you to comment on the blog.
I am tired of this thread, because it allows anybody in.
South Africans have infested it which is paradoxal because they hate Nigeria and Nigerians.
Yet they must infest Nairaland, and while in it they must insult us, spam us and all.
If nairaland doesn't take care of it then I suggest we promote beegeagle's blog in every comment we make.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
patriot4: Nigerians up here, I urge you to promote Beageagle's blog as much as possible.
And I urge you to comment on the blog.
I am tired of this thread, because it allows anybody in.
South Africans have infested it which is paradoxal because they hate Nigeria and Nigerians.
Yet they must infest Nairaland, and while in it they must insult us, spam us and all.
If nairaland doesn't take care of it then I suggest we promote beegeagle's blog in every comment we make.

Am I also allowed to join Beegeagle's blog?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

Am I also allowed to join Beegeagle's blog?

Give it a try! You never know ... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.