Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4472738 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
Donian007: Hmmm, good to know you've spent lots of quality time with Nigerian books.

The boy doesn't know that he is exhibiting his greatest fascination about Nigeria's power to educate and enlighten South African dull brains! If Prof. Chinua Achebe with his Nigerian education didn't write that book ... who knows where this SA and it's people would have been in terms of the mental oppression received at the hands of their minority rulers?

I can't count how many times CraigB has unsuccessfully thrown-in the name Okonkwo just to score desperate points. Nonetheless, Okonkwo will remain the only character the resonates across Africa's people who had to fight-off mental and socio-economic colonisation and oppression by early European adventurers. I can bet that "Things Fall Apart" and it's main character must have dealt CraigB's brain some good personal lessons.

Obviously!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
BCraig:

Just as well that this is your last post on this. You are hapless. You took on an argument that you failed to sustain. Throwing phrases like "not entirely true" around and failing to back them up.

Your "last post" remains irrelevant, just like your whole argument.

The point is that our South African system is trusted. Naai-geria's system is NOT.

___

Regarding your irrelevant point: It's not as if the 98% percent Naai-gerians that fail WAEC don't have to keep going back grin

And then in addition to that, they still have to bridge, because they have been graded by a system the rigour of which is in doubt.

What a waste of my time.
Hmm! Been watching calmly. Good to know that this your new Nigerian "98%" debacle is just in a bid to console yourself out of the shameful SA's "33%" Naijapikingidi reavealed. HMMM! SMHM!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

The military power of Egypt is diminishing by bits, besides they do not play any major role in assuming that status in Africa. That military power reside within themselves because they do not contribute in bringing peace in Africa.
there's a difference between Strongest military and Most Influencial.don't mix them up.
Yeah,Egypt is probably the strongest despite less participation in african affairs and strong alliance to the arab-world.
Its miltatry strenght outweighs that of its other african contenders.
On the issue of most Influencial,No need to go far,Nigeria takes the league,only of recent is South Africa joining the bloc.throughout History till date,Nigerian Military will always be recognised to be influencial on african peace.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mike..ZA:
The SANDF compromises of men,trained in many countries. Others like General Solly Shoke were trained in the USSR(Soviet Union). Your Egypt can't fight,Israel proved it to us.

And how relevant is your comment, when other African Armies possess the same credentials and even better? I am laughing at your comment in Xhosa!! Like I said, you are a JJC because the points you make now have been trashed out long ago!! Say something else.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: there's a difference between Strongest military and Most Influencial.don't mix them up.
Yeah,Egypt is probably the strongest despite less participation in african affairs and strong alliance to the arab-world.
Its miltatry strenght outweighs that of its other african contenders.
On the issue of most Influencial,No need to go far,Nigeria takes the league,only of recent is South Africa joining the bloc.throughout History till date,Nigerian Military will always be recognised to be influencial on african peace.

Egypt must convince us about their military might. South Africa go as far as North Africa, West Africa and Central Africa regardless of whether they lose their men or not. They have even gone to an extent of challenging France to their colonial territory without any fear of losing their men. South Africa had even envisaged a deployment to Mali when Nigeria was taking too long.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

Egypt must convince us about their military might. South Africa go as far as North Africa, West Africa and Central Africa regardless of whether they lose their men or not. They have even gone to an extent of challenging France to their colonial territory without any fear of losing their men. South Africa had even envisaged a deployment to Mali when Nigeria was taking too long.

Who allowed you near a bottle of Castle Lite beer? This is your funniest comment yet! grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

And how relevant is your comment, when other African Armies possess the same credentials and even better? I am laughing at your comment in Xhosa!! Like I said, you are a JJC because points you make now have been trashed out long ago!! Say something else.
You're even embarrassed to laugh in Hausa. Nigeria indeed has nothing to be proud of.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Who allowed you near a bottle of Castle Lite beer? This is your funniest comment yet! grin grin
I swear.what is he hooked on.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

And how relevant is your comment, when other African Armies possess the same credentials and even better? I am laughing at your comment in Xhosa!! Like I said, you are a JJC because points you make now have been trashed out long ago!! Say something else.
You're even embarrassed to laugh in Hausa. Nigeria indeed has nothing to be proud of. Make me laugh by posting that Jeep,which was "wielded into" an MRAP.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mike..ZA:
You're even embarrassed to laugh in Hausa. Nigeria indeed has nothing to be proud of.

A shallow skull like yours cannot not see/feel the sarcasm in my comment.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 2:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Just for emphasis!
"AHRLAC
claimed by its designers to be the first fully
indigenous fixed-wing military aircraft
developed in Africa,[2] and the first
indigenous South African military aircraft of
any sort since the Denel Rooivalk,[3] the
Ahrlac features a twin-boom, high-wing,
single-pusher-engine configuration, using a
Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A turboprop
engine, with a crew of two seated in tandem
in Martin-Baker ejection seats. The Ahrlac's
airframe uses a mixture of metal and
composite construction, and is designed to
provide maximum visibility for its crew.[4]
The aircraft is designed to carry an internal
20 mm cannon, with 4 or 6 hardpoints for
carrying weapons mounted under the wings,
including rocket pods, unguided bombs, and
both air-to-surface and air-to-air missiles. The
lower fuselage consists of a variety of
interchangeable conformal modular units
fitted with a variety of sensor systems such
as infrared and optical cameras, synthetic
aperture radar, electronic intelligence
gathering and electronic warfare equipment." GET IT?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mike..ZA:
"AHRLAC
claimed by its designers to be the first fully
indigenous fixed-wing military aircraft
developed in Africa,[2] and the first
indigenous South African military aircraft of
any sort since the Denel Rooivalk,[3] the
Ahrlac features a twin-boom, high-wing,
single-pusher-engine configuration, using a
Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A turboprop
engine, with a crew of two seated in tandem
in Martin-Baker ejection seats. The Ahrlac's
airframe uses a mixture of metal and
composite construction, and is designed to
provide maximum visibility for its crew.[4]
The aircraft is designed to carry an internal
20 mm cannon, with 4 or 6 hardpoints for
carrying weapons mounted under the wings,
including rocket pods, unguided bombs, and
both air-to-surface and air-to-air missiles. The
lower fuselage consists of a variety of
interchangeable conformal modular units
fitted with a variety of sensor systems such
as infrared and optical cameras, synthetic
aperture radar, electronic intelligence
gathering and electronic warfare equipment." GET IT?

NaijaPikinGidi:

... until you put in a South African made engine to those [rooivalk] crafts ... you are basically wasting daylight ...

More emphasis for your enhanced comprehension!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 2:17pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

A "thick skull" like yours cannot see/read the satire in my comment. grin
NaijaPikinGidi:

A "thick skull" like yours cannot see/feel the satire in my comment.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

That's a fact. SA is becoming a military power of Africa by any day. That's what military power should become. America is regarded as world military power today because they mingle in any conflict anywhere in the world where they have interest and have lost many men in between. America has lost many men in Iraq and have even generally lost against Saddam Hussaine on one on one battle, but still that did not draw them back from their mission of conquering the world.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 2:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

More emphasis for your enhanced comprehension!!
Please read before you comment. To avoid posting more nonsense.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 2:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

That's a fact. SA is becoming a military power of Africa by any day. That's what military power should become. America is regarded as world military power today because they mingle in any conflict anywhere in the world where they have interest and have lost many men in between. America has lost many men in Iraq and have even generally lost against Saddam Hussaine on one on one battle, but still that did not draw them back from their mission of conquering the world.
Here's the thing if a country can't produce its own weapons,it is doomed to be defeated in a "country to country warfare". And Nigeria is one of this countries.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

Just imagine how that stuppid tiny brain suggested that Americans could simply mount their gun on the tank. Nigerians are suffering from a mind of a rat with their half cooked education, and now they want to reduce the Americans cognitive abilities to their level. [s]Americans are not crazy and they would never attempt that lowestness.[/s] This Naijapikindish is demented

Just imagine how this stup.id no brain Thokoza id.iot thinks that America is South Africa because a German gun is on the mount of an American tank. South Africans are dead from the mind of trampled vegetables with their raw uneducation. And now they want to align their incognitive inabilities to the American level.

Lowestness? must be the new English word in the South African education syllabus?

You are minus one (-1) for South Africa's human capital development/growth efforts. Should you be wasting any more oxygen?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 2:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Here's the thing if a country can't produce its own weapons,it is doomed to be defeated in a "country to country warfare". And Nigeria is one of this countries.

Defeat Seleka rebels who do not produce or possess your kind of weapons first!! Nigeria awaits your challenge thereafter my boy!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Please read before you comment. To avoid posting more nonsense.

?? Until you comprehend anything I say ... kindly stop embarrassing yourself!! You definitely need to enhance your comprehension skills for your sake!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

While you are still busy becoming, Egypt, Nigeria and Algeria already are!! Succeed in showing Seleka rebels your power first!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

It is true though. SA goes were it wants to go. Remeber the the big hoo ha over drakensberg.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mike..ZA:
A "thick skull" like yours cannot see/read the satire in my comment. grin A "thick skull" like yours cannot see/feel the satire in my comment.

The joke is still on you! Still here laughing in Xhosa and Zulu combined!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

While you are still busy becoming, Egypt, Nigeria and Algeria already are!! Succeed in showing Seleka rebels your power first!!

Not even 1% of our milltary power killed 800 rebels.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Just imagine how this stup.id no brain Thokoza id.iot thinks that America is South Africa because a German gun is on the mount of an American tank. South Africans are dead from the mind of trampled vegetables with their raw uneducation. And now they want to align their incognitive inabilities to the American level.

Lowestness? must be the new English word in the South African education syllabus?

You are minus one (-1) for South Africa's human capital development/growth efforts. Should you be wasting any more oxygen?

Lowestness is what we call slang. It is ofcourse not a formal English and any English speaking chap would understand my gesture. I have studied my English in first language in one of the former white only schools. So, go and bury your tiny Nigerian brain in your stinking and sticky pepper soup.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 2:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
andrewza:

It is true though. SA goes were it wants to go. Remeber the the big hoo ha over drakensberg.

If not for modelling purposes, I am not sure what the outcomes of those "SANDF's holiday cruise" trips were! The only one battle trip so far has been in Seleka's CAR. And the scars are still fresh on SANDF's bu.ttocks!!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

If not for modelling purposes, I am not sure what the outcomes of those "SANDF's holiday cruise" trips were! The only one battle trip so far has been in Seleka's CAR. And the scars are still fresh on SANDF's bu.ttocks!!

It doesn't matter whether we are being killed or not. Forward is where we go, Asijiki, Siya phambili. It doesn't matter how many of our men fall. America has also lost many men on their mission, yet they keep on thrusting forward.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

it matters not that we took a few losses in car, our small out numberd and out gun force did us proud by butchring up to 800 rebels
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

The boy doesn't know that he is exhibiting his greatest fascination about Nigeria's power to educate and enlighten South African dull brains! If Prof. Chinua Achebe with his Nigerian education didn't write that book ... who knows where this SA and it's people would have been in terms of the mental oppression received at the hands of their minority rulers?

I can't count how many times CraigB has unsuccessfully thrown-in the name Okonkwo just to score desperate points. Nonetheless, Okonkwo will remain the only character the resonates across Africa's people who had to fight-off mental and socio-economic colonisation and oppression by early European adventurers. I can bet that "Things Fall Apart" and it's main character must have dealt CraigB's brain some good personal lessons.

Obviously!!

I am patiently waiting to congratulate him the day he makes any sensible posts.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

FUNNY "OKONKWO" TENDENCIES!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

so after all this blabbing, why did you chicken out from invading CAR? you think military power is about just building guns and bombs? it's about having the guts and tactical skills to use those guns you dumbo. Something SANDF lacks.

imagine them shooting kids passing by that wanted to test them and claiming to be involved in a fight clearly between DRC army and M23. something they were sent there to do in the first place. cowards.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
andrewza:

And what was the result when you decide to go where you wish? CAR?=DISGRACE!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Msauza:

It doesn't matter whether we are being killed or not. Forward is where we go, Asijiki, Siya phambili. It doesn't matter how many of our men fall. America has also lost many men on their mission, yet they keep on thrusting forward.

Nobody bothers if you are being killed or not. Armies get killed in any battle! The point is ... that your SANDF shows up on a tour/visit to another country is not something any army cannot do! Mentioning North, West, East and South of Africa doesn't mean SANDF fought any wars that brought peace or liberation here, there or anywhere!

Seleka was your first test case, and we are witnesses to how your SANDF "Usen Bolt-ed" fast-fast out of CAR!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.