Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,068 members, 7,890,520 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:18 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4482022 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

1. South Africa (This country manufacture weapons with a rich economy)

2. Egypt ( Political instability has affected their military badly)

3. Ethiopia ( has the strongest Airforce in Africa)

4. Algeria ( have a good military budget to procure modern weaponry)

5. Nigeria ( large numbers but small military budget)

Thank you very much!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Again ... I just wish you could get your head out of your stinking behind! You seem to be lost in your world of baseless fantasies! Nigeria's solid military history cannot be rewritten no matter how much you lie for your SA. Provide facts and reliable sources when you make your claims! Finish and klaar!
Are you gonna tell me about sierra Leone and Liberia? Stop being funny.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

You continue to make stupid comments that reflect your poor level of reasoning! The Nigerian military is not in a war with rebels or whatever name you want to refer to Boko Haram. Rather we are in a needed security offensive against terrorists who have exploited Nigeria's religious diversity by unleashing mayhem on innocent citizens. The military has largely succeeded in less than 3 months to dislodged the foreign backed terrorists from Nigerian soil. Help yourself to a dose of basic education to improve your 33% brain capacity!
But Boko Haram has just killed 20 innocent civilians on monday. That military operation is failing. Your government will soon share a table with Boko Haram negotiators.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

i just wonder if south africans purposely chose to be ignorant or are just being silly. tell me which country in the world that is currently countering insurgency that is not using heavy military hardware.

from Russia, Yemen, turkey, India, Colombia Myanmar etc, heavy weaponry is always used to dislodge rebel camps. boko haram is not a threat to our military and it would have been a threat to our unity but they also kill a lot of muslims and northerners.

you can say a militants are winning when they start to claim territory and so far that has and will never happen tongue

Nigerian military is too weak to fight Boko Haram alone. Remember they once lost against the BH and helplessly allowed them to hijack police station and prison just under their noses. They had to reinforce their army by teaming up with other militaries of neighbouring countries to form a task force. Nigeria cannot handle battles alone.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

i just wonder if south africans purposely chose to be ignorant or are just being silly. tell me which country in the world that is currently countering insurgency that is not using heavy military hardware.

from Russia, Yemen, turkey, India, Colombia Myanmar etc, heavy weaponry is always used to dislodge rebel camps. boko haram is not a threat to our military and it would have been a threat to our unity but they also kill a lot of muslims and northerners.

you can say a militants are winning when they start to claim territory and so far that has and will never happen tongue
. "You can say militants are winning when they start to claim territory".We all know that Taliban is winning in Afghanistan,without claiming large "territories". So Nigeria can't really defeat BH,all your country can do now is negotiate h with BH.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

now this is more like it grin grin grin grin
Answer this can Nigeria fight against another well organised country or army.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
Henry120:

Guyz, can anyone I.D the rifle used by this tanzanian special forces? It looks very compact and it seems light too.

Galil MAR. It close to the R6. They have modfied them though with sights, folding stock and some other upgrades.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

now this is more like it grin grin grin grin
Nigeria has a lot of experience?. Is the country that hired Egyptians to fly sorties against Biafra?. Nigeria has never tested a real "armour to armour" battle. Battling rebels is way different from going against a country,which will armoured fighting vehicles,main battle tanks and fighter jets.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Another intentional display of your weak brain's capacity! You know next to nothing about countering insurgency! You know next to about intelligence gathering through such levels of dialogue! You are just entirely a clueless roasted brain CrayFish! What Nigeria has achieved in less than three months of coordinated security operations ... has confounded naysayers like you. Enjoy the pain of your delusions! Yeye CrayFish! grin grin grin grin

you even have time to respond to a no brainer. someone who prefers intelligence and creativity be directed at constructing insults than making meaningful conversation/argument, a Liar and confused goat, is definitely a time waster.

if not that you quoted him i bin don stop to read anything from am since. cos he hardly makes sense. and tries as possible to make nonsense out of sensible arguments.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2013
andrewza:

Galil MAR. It close to the R6. They have modfied them though with sights, folding stock and some other upgrades.

It is nice. I think they should have added a fore-grip for better shooting convenience. Other than that, it's a pretty impressive piece.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Battling rebels is way different from going against a country,which will armoured fighting vehicles,main battle tanks and fighter jets.

then why did you retreat from CAR. you lost all credibility after that. even M23 laugh it off and warned your troops when they heard SANDF was going to join the offensive in DRC. the deadline UN gave the rebels expired by 4pm today and no offensive yet cos SANDF are still training. is it world war z they are going to fight? grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 9:56pm On Jul 31, 2013
andrewza:

i thought it to be DENEL product. is it?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2013
Henry120:

It is nice. I think they should have added a fore-grip for better shooting convenience. Other than that, it's a pretty impressive piece.

Fore grip is not needed, but would add control. The MAR or mico assult rifel is the smalles and most compact version on of the galil with. The recoil will be heavier than the R4(though the pic of the SA troops show the R5 not has small has the MAR but smaller than the R4) of the SA troops but it will be easyer to manvour with in close combat areas like a jungel. SA and tanzianan troops could actualy share ammo and magziens since the Rserries is a modfied galil the mag well should be the same, witch may be usefull when they work together.

Malwi have yet to arive and same for the tanzianain infantry battlion. This is there SF. I have seen pics of the SA infantry battlion.
[img]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/SANDF/9311341923_a57eaed24a_b_zps7661b216.jpg [/img]
[img]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/SANDF/9314131194_a2ecb34551_b_zpse4411fc1.jpg [/img]
[img]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/SANDF/9314147830_7343253f4e_b_zps25794483.jpg [/img]
[img]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/SANDF/9314147732_b1994e1cb3_b_zps2e0b2386.jpg [/img]
[img]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/SANDF/9314134462_f362df317f_b_zpscebab97a.jpg [/img]
[img]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/SANDF/9311351555_93759eef47_b_zpsdd80dfff.jpg [/img]
[img]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/SANDF/9311353773_cc7834a26d_b_zpsb3f261fe.jpg [/img]
[img]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/SANDF/9314136394_fecd12c7e5_b_zps021ca3d0.jpg [/img]
[img]http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/vor033/SANDF/9311345147_2c6e3b3f58_b_zps17a35120.jpg [/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

you even have time to respond to a no brainer

And you have time to comment about such a response? grin SMH.

Anyway, no-brainer means "obvious and requires no thought". You've just agreed that my comments are a no-brainer. So obviously right that they require no response.

Explains the lack of substance in any of your responses.

So much for Naa-gerian intelligence. 82% Naai-gerians fail WAEC exams. Go figure.

__

no-brain•er (ˈnoʊˈbreɪ nər)
n.
Informal. anything requiring little thought or effort; something easy or simple to understand or do.
[1970–75]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 10:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mike..ZA:
But Boko Haram has just killed 20 innocent civilians on monday. That military operation is failing. Your government will soon share a table with Boko Haram negotiators.

you know it makes me laugh when people that live in a nice developing country like SA still think lower than desert marauders in Arabian deserts. undecided

in your own opinion, insurgency can be cleared with only military action?

so tell me why Britain had to negotiate with IRA to finally have peace after years of fighting them with the best military in the world for decades?

why is the US begging Taliban for negotiations after 10+ of fighting them with a coalition of the best military forces in the world?

why did the turkish government had to finally negotiate with the PKK for peace after years of fighting them with the best military hardware(they even went on full scale war twice with every hardware they have)?

why is the second most powerful country in the world (russia) still unable to put down chechen rebels after decades of fighting them with some of the best equipments in the world?

why is India(the fourth most powerful country in the world) begging MAOIST rebels for negotiation after almost 4 decades of fighting them?

why is spain still battling ETA with their military might after decades?

please i need answers to these question since you've become such an expert in crisis management. undecided
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

i thought it to be DENEL product. is it?

R6 is denel galil MAR is IMI or israely milltary industry. The R seriers is a modfied galil. Mostly just internal parts are made difrent, more polmer and some onther small detials like longer stok. They twins basicaly.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mike..ZA:

As it is, they are scrambling for a negotiated settlement with BH today.

Incompetence on the part of their leaders. They allowed what started off as a movement by lun*tics to fester and become what BH is today.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

then why did you retreat from CAR. you lost all credibility after that. even M23 laugh it off and warned your troops when they heard SANDF was going to join the offensive in DRC. the deadline UN gave the rebels expired by 4pm today and no offensive yet cos SANDF are still training. is it world war z they are going to fight? grin

we actualy offerd fomac the optsion for us to stay behind in CAR. they turned us down. now the cowards who fled the fight are there doing nothing well people are being butched and raped.

M23 actualy tried to beg us to not deploy. they even sent parlment a letter.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

you know it makes me laugh when people that live in a nice developing country like SA still think lower than desert marauders in Arabian deserts. undecided

in your own opinion, insurgency can be cleared with only military action?

so tell me why Britain had to negotiate with IRA to finally have peace after years of fighting them with the best military in the world for decades?

why is the US begging Taliban for negotiations after 10+ of fighting them with a coalition of the best military forces in the world?

why did the turkish government had to finally negotiate with the PKK for peace after years of fighting them with the best military hardware(they even went on full scale war twice with every hardware they have)?

why is the second most powerful country in the world (russia) still unable to put down chechen rebels after decades of fighting them with some of the best equipments in the world?

why is India(the fourth most powerful country in the world) begging MAOIST rebels for negotiation after almost 4 decades of fighting them?

why is spain still battling ETA with their military might after decades?

please i need answers to these question since you've become such an expert in crisis management. undecided

After all of that noise, what then is your argument?

1. We cannot defeat BH militarily and we need a negotiated settlement, like the countries listed above.

2. We can defeat BH and I just listed these negotiated settlements because I am confused and have no idea what I want to say.

Pick a number and be happy.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
Msauza:
They had to reinforce their army by teaming up with other militaries of neighbouring countries to form a task force. Nigeria cannot handle battles alone.

another ignorant comment. it's gradually becoming a norm for you undecided

the multinational joint task force was set up as joint patrol and protection of border regions connecting Nigeria, chad, Niger. Cameroon is a signatory but have not contributed so far(weak military).

their mandate also includes operating in boarder communities within this region. a Nigerian commands this force.
that's why you only hear about them when there are operations around boarder communities.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mike..ZA:
BY EVELYN USMAN
LAGOS — The Nigerian Navy, NN, has arrested a
man allegedly masquerading as a commander in
the service, at Liverpool area of Lagos.
The suspect, Alfred Oniye, who could have passed
for a genuine commander to both serving naval
personnel and civilians alike, was reportedly
arrested by a naval patrol team. The suspect had
full naval uniform, identity card and rank.
Parading the suspect, weekend, Executive Officer,
NNS Beecroft, Captain James Pindar, said Oniye
met his waterloo following the suspicious manner
he acknowledged salute from the ratings on
patrol. Before he was arrested, he explained that
following several complaints received on the likes
of Oniye, the Navy commenced a clampdown
which had led to several arrests.
Explaining how he was arrested, Pindar said: “The
way he acknowledged the greeting gave him
away and when asked to identify himself, he said
he was the Commanding officer, NNS Pathfinder,
Port Harcourt. That again, gave him away
because that post is manned by a Commodore,
and not a Commander. He is one among several
others who has been giving the Navy bad image.
We arrested six of such persons recently. We are
therefore, warning others to desist because the
NN is not the type of service they can
impersonate”, he stated.
However on his part the suspect disclosed that he
was a Merchant Navy personnel, saying he only
identified himself as a Navy Commander to avoid
being beaten to stupor by the naval ratings.
According to him, “I alighted from my car for an
inspection when I was arrested. I identified myself
as a Commander on NNS Pathfinder because I did
not want them to kill me. If I had not said that,
they would have killed me because immediately I
said so, the beating reduced and they brought
me to their base.
“ I am not a fake Merchant Navy personnel. I even
told them to take me to our directorate in Olodi
Apapa area of Lagos to ascertain whether I am a
Merchant navy or not.
“I have not committed any crime because this
uniform is what Merchant Navy used to colonize
us. It was when we were having problem with
the Navy that the directorate instructed we
changed the appellate to cross.”
Asked where he got the uniform from , he
claimed to have bought it from an undisclosed
person, while Naval authorities said he would be
handed over to the police for prosecution.
E be lyk say dis guy dey smoke him mama shiiit. Y him quote me only to post anoda thg?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

To quote the loser himself:

"Another ignorant comment"

Given that there was a change of guard in CAR and that we'd been there in terms of a bilateral agreement, on what grounds would we have been able to stay on?

As you try to breathe intelligence in from the atmosphere, think about that (assuming this isn't a tall ask).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
"The rise of Boko Haram is largely as a result of incompetence, lack of foresight and insensitivity from the Nigerian state," Mr Kari said.

1, 2 and 3 - typically Naai-gerian traits.

http://www.africaundisguised.com/newsportal/story/why-nigerian-government-fails-defeat-boko-haram

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15690981
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
andrewza:

we actualy offerd fomac the optsion for us to stay behind in CAR. they turned us down. now the cowards who fled the fight are there doing nothing well people are being butched and raped.

you don't seem to get my point. SA has an ambition of projecting power economically and militarily across africa and with that comes a price and big responsibilities "don't expect everyone to agree with your decisions".
you were dealt an embarrassing blow which gave you the opportunity to act in retaliation since it was rebels not government of CAR that killed your troops. the world expected you to act and you failed.

during the sierra Leon war. ivory coast, burkina faso and Liberia were against Nigeria's intervention and the rebels even got support from Liberia (not sure about the rest)which made it a bigger war. But Nigeria went ahead not minding the cost.

that's how you project power.

there was even a time gbagbo refused to grant Nigerian air force access through it's air space, threatened to shoot down our transport plane. But our government scrambled jets to escort the plane through ivory coast air space. thereby, risked getting involved in another war with them.

with power comes responsibilities and SA showed it wasn't ready to take on those responsibilities.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2013
The Boko Haram come from the grave and strike yet again despite their purported defeat:

http://www.dailyguideghana.com/?p=90366
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

you don't seem to get my point. SA has an ambition of projecting power economically and militarily across africa and with that comes a price and big responsibilities "don't expect everyone to agree with your decisions".
you were dealt an embarrassing blow which gave you the opportunity to act in retaliation since it was rebels not government of CAR that killed your troops. the world expected you to act and you failed.

during the sierra Leon war. ivory coast, burkina faso and Liberia were against Nigeria's intervention and the rebels even got support from Liberia (not sure about the rest)which made it a bigger war. But Nigeria went ahead not minding the cost.

there was even a time gbagbo refused to grant Nigerian air force access through it's air space, threatened to shoot down our transport plane. But our government scrambled jets to escort the plane through ivory coast air space. thereby, risked getting involved in another war with them.

with power comes responsibilities and SA showed it wasn't ready to take on those responsibilities.

He might as well not get your point. Your point is rubbish.

South Africa respects international and regional laws.

There was no legal regime that would have allowed South Africa to "retaliate". We got our troops out and that was enough. We had deployed sufficiently to fight to get our boys out, if there had been a problem getting them out. But there wasn't.

You need to go read a book.

By the way, I don't care if you don't respond. I'm not blogging for your benefit.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 10:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

You do know that nigeria had the full support of the western world in serrie leon and liberia(who supported the rebels in SL long before nigeria). The nigerian army MTLBs were bought for the serrie leon mission by america. With out regualer american supply runs your APC would not have had spare parts thus preventing movements, they did a lot of tail work to keep the ECOMOG(mainly nigeria) probaly supplied. With out them you would have failed.

We had no such ambestion in CAR. We were simply asked in 2007 to assist CAR and agreed to help. If bozzie never asked we would not have been there. There is this cliam that the ANC had bussness intrest in CAR but it was open to all SA bussness but non wanted to invest in the place. So companys controled by the goverment were the only one that did.

If CAR burns(and it is buring now. It is in complet causes with only 200 cops all in bangui rebels and bandits control the country now) SA will not be affective so why would we push the issue. We offerd our help and it was turned down. It is now a FOMAC issue.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:
the deadline UN gave the rebels expired by 4pm today and no offensive yet cos SANDF are still training. is it world war z they are going to fight? grin

4PM thursday not wensday.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2013
Msauza: The Boko Haram come from the grave and strike yet again despite their purported defeat:

http://www.dailyguideghana.com/?p=90366

Islamic Terrorists Furious Over Recent Defeat

Boko Haram is putting out positive spin on the Internet, insisting it was not hurt by the two week old government offensive. But there was a lot of damage and one result was a sharp reduction in Boko Haram attacks and their operations in general. On the down side, the government believes that most of those killed or arrested were new recruits and less skilled Boko Haram operatives. What the army really wants is the few hundred most experience Boko Haram members, who have the skills to build bombs and plan attacks. Over a hundred of these returned from Mali since February. There they tasted defeat by the French/Chad offensive that is still hunting for remaining Islamic terrorists in northern Mali. But for many months the Boko Haram in Mali tasted power as the Islamic radicals ran northern Mali, using Islamic law (sharia) and terror to get things done. Actually, all that sharia and bad behavior ruined the economy and sent several hundred thousand civilians fleeing. It’s unclear if that made any impression on the Boko Haram Mali vets. They did return with a sense of urgency and the skills needed to increase attacks inside Nigeria.

The government arrested more than a hundred Boko Haram suspects and many of them did have a connection with Boko Haram, and some were willing to talk about it. By cross-checking the information provided it was possible to determine which was true and to what extent. Arrests are still being made and most Boko Haram members continue to be distracted by the need to avoid getting arrested.

What is known is that the army has halted cell phone service in much of the northeast, putting Boko Haram at a disadvantage because the army and police have their own radios to communicate with. The military says they also destroyed a Boko Haram hospital and fuel storage depot, as well as several training facilities. A lots of documents were captured as well, and these are still being studied and exploited. In response the United States has openly, and privately, asked the military to try and control their personnel and avoid the all-too-common killing of innocent civilians during these operations, as well as the frequent looting of their possessions.

June 1, 2013: It appears that some Boko Haram members may have been involved in an unsuccessful attack on the main prison in the capital of neighboring Niger. Several Boko Haram men are held prisoner there.

May 30, 2013: In the southwest (Oyo State) customs police found over 56,000 rounds of ammunition hidden in goods being brought in from neighboring Benin. Smuggling is big business in Nigeria and the customs police are good at spotting illegal goods. Usually that means a bribe to let the goods pass but in the case of items that might get the cops killed (like ammo), it’s more likely that the contraband will be seized (although other corrupt officials might make the stuff disappear from government custody and show up on the black market).

In the north police released 58 women and children taken into custody during recent raids on Boko Haram bases. Some of the children admitted that they had been paid to place bombs and scout for the adult terrorists but all 58 were granted amnesty. This gesture is part of an effort to get Boko Haram to negotiate a peace deal, something the Islamic terror group is still opposed to. Boko Haram leaders are angry about the recent army offensive and the heavy losses they have suffered (but deny and insist that the army was defeated). Admitting defeat would make Boko Haram much less effective because the group has terrorized much of the northeast largely because of its reputation of being able to hit anyone, anytime, anywhere (in the northeast at least). But now the army has killed or captured many Boko Haram members and caused the rest to scatter. That gives the locals some hope and the Boko Haram leadership fits.

May 29, 2013: Police arrested three Lebanese men who admitted they were members of pro-Iran Lebanese Islamic terror group Hezbollah. The police also revealed they had seized a Hezbollah arms cache in the northern city of Kano. The police believe Iran is using Hezbollah to provide support for Boko Haram and that one of the three men arrested was caught trying to smuggle $60,000 into the country.

May 26, 2013: In the northeastern city of Maiduguri police continue to round up Boko Haram members and confirmed that they had disrupted several planned attacks. In the last few days three Boko Haram men have been killed and 25 arrested in the city.

May 25, 2013: In the south police rescued four foreign oil workers (two Russians and two Ukrainians) kidnapped last April 22nd. In the north police have found and freed even more Nigerians who had been kidnapped for ransom (both by Boko Haram and local ghangsters).

May 24, 2013: Pirates attacked another ship (a small tanker) off the coast and are believed to have looted the vessel and kidnapped some of the 17 man crew
http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/nigeria/20130602.aspx
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2013
andrewza:

4PM thursday not wensday.

then the page i read it from had the wrong info. till then. although i would like to see M23 wiped out, i'll also want SANDF to give us something to laugh about grin. my pain though is that it's not only SANDF. Tanzania's contingent is also big.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
CraigB:

And you have time to comment about such a response? grin SMH.

Anyway, no-brainer means "obvious and requires no thought". You've just agreed that my comments are a no-brainer. So obviously right that they require no response.

Explains the lack of substance in any of your responses.

So much for Naa-gerian intelligence. 82% Naai-gerians fail WAEC exams. Go figure.

__

no-brain•er (ˈnoʊˈbreɪ nər)
n.
Informal. anything requiring little thought or effort; something easy or simple to understand or do.
[1970–75]

no-brainer [ˈnəʊˌbreɪnə]
n
Slang. something which requires little or no mental effort
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/no-brainer
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 11:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

no-brainer [ˈnəʊˌbreɪnə]
n
Slang something which requires little or no mental effort
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/no-brainer

Stuck in an English class, I see.

Someone with the patience should explain this to you.

Don't use phrases you don't understand, next time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.