Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,323 members, 7,950,632 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 06:08 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4522362 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

Islamic Terrorists Furious Over Recent Defeat

Boko Haram is putting out positive spin on the Internet, insisting it was not hurt by the two week old government offensive. But there was a lot of damage and one result was a sharp reduction in Boko Haram attacks and their operations in general. On the down side, the government believes that most of those killed or arrested were new recruits and less skilled Boko Haram operatives. What the army really wants is the few hundred most experience Boko Haram members, who have the skills to build bombs and plan attacks. Over a hundred of these returned from Mali since February. There they tasted defeat by the French/Chad offensive that is still hunting for remaining Islamic terrorists in northern Mali. But for many months the Boko Haram in Mali tasted power as the Islamic radicals ran northern Mali, using Islamic law (sharia) and terror to get things done. Actually, all that sharia and bad behavior ruined the economy and sent several hundred thousand civilians fleeing. It’s unclear if that made any impression on the Boko Haram Mali vets. They did return with a sense of urgency and the skills needed to increase attacks inside Nigeria.

The government arrested more than a hundred Boko Haram suspects and many of them did have a connection with Boko Haram, and some were willing to talk about it. By cross-checking the information provided it was possible to determine which was true and to what extent. Arrests are still being made and most Boko Haram members continue to be distracted by the need to avoid getting arrested.

What is known is that the army has halted cell phone service in much of the northeast, putting Boko Haram at a disadvantage because the army and police have their own radios to communicate with. The military says they also destroyed a Boko Haram hospital and fuel storage depot, as well as several training facilities. A lots of documents were captured as well, and these are still being studied and exploited. In response the United States has openly, and privately, asked the military to try and control their personnel and avoid the all-too-common killing of innocent civilians during these operations, as well as the frequent looting of their possessions.

June 1, 2013: It appears that some Boko Haram members may have been involved in an unsuccessful attack on the main prison in the capital of neighboring Niger. Several Boko Haram men are held prisoner there.

May 30, 2013: In the southwest (Oyo State) customs police found over 56,000 rounds of ammunition hidden in goods being brought in from neighboring Benin. Smuggling is big business in Nigeria and the customs police are good at spotting illegal goods. Usually that means a bribe to let the goods pass but in the case of items that might get the cops killed (like ammo), it’s more likely that the contraband will be seized (although other corrupt officials might make the stuff disappear from government custody and show up on the black market).

In the north police released 58 women and children taken into custody during recent raids on Boko Haram bases. Some of the children admitted that they had been paid to place bombs and scout for the adult terrorists but all 58 were granted amnesty. This gesture is part of an effort to get Boko Haram to negotiate a peace deal, something the Islamic terror group is still opposed to. Boko Haram leaders are angry about the recent army offensive and the heavy losses they have suffered (but deny and insist that the army was defeated). Admitting defeat would make Boko Haram much less effective because the group has terrorized much of the northeast largely because of its reputation of being able to hit anyone, anytime, anywhere (in the northeast at least). But now the army has killed or captured many Boko Haram members and caused the rest to scatter. That gives the locals some hope and the Boko Haram leadership fits.

May 29, 2013: Police arrested three Lebanese men who admitted they were members of pro-Iran Lebanese Islamic terror group Hezbollah. The police also revealed they had seized a Hezbollah arms cache in the northern city of Kano. The police believe Iran is using Hezbollah to provide support for Boko Haram and that one of the three men arrested was caught trying to smuggle $60,000 into the country.

May 26, 2013: In the northeastern city of Maiduguri police continue to round up Boko Haram members and confirmed that they had disrupted several planned attacks. In the last few days three Boko Haram men have been killed and 25 arrested in the city.

May 25, 2013: In the south police rescued four foreign oil workers (two Russians and two Ukrainians) kidnapped last April 22nd. In the north police have found and freed even more Nigerians who had been kidnapped for ransom (both by Boko Haram and local ghangsters).

May 24, 2013: Pirates attacked another ship (a small tanker) off the coast and are believed to have looted the vessel and kidnapped some of the 17 man crew
http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/nigeria/20130602.aspx

Old story~

Not only has BH recorded a defeat against the state's men...but also...

Boko Haram Re-emerges

Members of the Boko Haram sect seem to be re-emerging from their hiding places in renewed attacks on Yobe and Borno States, as the suspected terrorists struck again in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, on Monday killing nine students writing examinations conducted by the National Examination Council (NECO).

In a separate attack by the group, a farming village of Alau Dam was also overrun where 13 persons comprising fishermen and tea vendors were gunned down. Monday's attacks were the third in a space of five days.

The sect had laid siege on Gwoza hill in Borno State where they killed a clergyman and burnt down four churches on Thursday, while on Sunday the terrorists attacked a school in Damaturu, Yobe State where they killed seven students and two teachers.
It was gathered that five of the students killed on Monday were sitting for the ongoing NECO exam at Ansarudeen Primary/Secondary School, a private school in the Jajeri ward of Maiduguri metropolis.

Eyewitness accounts revealed that after storming the school, the suspected sect members opened fire on the hall, moments after the examination started.
One of the eyewitnesses, who spoke anonymously with journalists, said the gunmen attacked the school at about 3 pm, forcing other students and invigilators to take to their heels.

On the same Monday, it was gathered that some Boko Haram sect members attacked Alau Dam, on the outskirts of Maiduguri killing a total of 13 persons.

An eyewitness said the gunmen ambushed the people around the dam and sporadically opened fire on them. The gunmen were said to have continuously shouted at their victims: “You are those exposing our activities to security agencies, today your days are over, as we will kill all of you.”
A few weeks ago, some groups of youths on a volunteer mission arrested several members of the sect in Hausari and Gwange, among other areas of Maiduguri and handed them over to the JTF.

The fundamentalist group said that in addition to their targets: the police, soldiers, all security operatives, politicians and other symbols of authority, the youths of the two states have now been added to the assassination list.

Angered by the lingering crises that had crippled social and economic activities in both states, some youths had organised themselves into vigilante groups, captured scores of insurgents and handed them over to security operatives.

But in a statement e-mailed to some Maiduguri-based journalists, Abu Zinnira, the spokesman of the Boko Haram, said they had decided to also launch a manhunt for their hunters (youths) who go by the name “Civilian JTF”.

According to him, “We have established that youths in Borno and Yobe States are now against our course. They have connived with security operatives and are actively supporting the government of Nigeria in its war against us. We have also resolved to fight back,” Zinnira said.

However, some of the youths who promised to fight the Boko Haram insurgents in Maiduguri said they would not be deterred from carrying out their mission and there would be no going back on the course they had started so as to bring sanity back to their beloved states.

http://www.thebeat99.com/news/boko-haram-re-emerges-19-06-13
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

then the page i read it from had the wrong info. till then. although i would like to see M23 wiped out, i'll also want SANDF to give us something to laugh about grin. my pain though is that it's not only SANDF. Tanzania's contingent is also big.

Even malwi should be sending around 850 men. Tanzian force on paper is big but on the ground only around 200 maybe 250(SF and HQ) are in the area. There regualer infantry batlion is still not ready. SA has 1250 men. A 850 strong infanty batlion, 150 strong parabat batlion, SF(numbers not knowen), a air wing, a engernering company and I belvie a heavy morta company.

If acstion were to take place tomorow SA could do the job with out tanzian but not the other way round. The SF need thos regualers to push and funel the rebels while the regualers need the highly mobil SF to go after the rebels. Unless those 850 men arrivied with in the week tanziana force is not all there.

SA has all so engadegd in 2 seprate fire fights against rebels. Niether were major in size but we did kill a hig ranking rebel leader, not a M23 leader actualy it was one of there enemys to, so we kind of helped them. They actualy attacked a M23 check point got driven off and then attacked a SA maned UN check point.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 11:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
CraigB:

Stuck in an English class, I see.

Someone with the patience should explain this to you.

Don't use phrases you don't understand, next time.

means you are easy to understand, very predictable(never make sense). and don't require any mental effort wasting time conversing with you. i can see how a creative insult you asked for still eludes your understanding.

you are a no-brainer on this thread. suck on it as i stop wasting my time with you. i permit you to quote me. so carry on boy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:02am On Aug 01, 2013
2smooth2shout:

means you are easy to understand, very predictable(never make sense). and don't require any mental effort wasting time onversing with you.
suck on it as i stop wasting my time with you. i permit you to quote me. so carry on boy

Further embarrassing yourself. You can't use the phrase like that. Certainly not in reference to a person.

You're part of the 98%.

Trying to claw your way up from the pit of st*upidity that you dug yourself into.

I told you that insults require intelligence. You don't have it.

If anything was predictable, it was that you weren't going to ignore my posts for too long. Typical.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 12:51am On Aug 01, 2013
CraigB:

Further embarrassing yourself. You can't use the phrase like that. Certainly not in reference to a person.

You're part of the 98%.

Trying to claw your way up from the pit of st*upidity that you dug yourself into.

I told you that insults require intelligence. You don't have it.

If anything was predictable, it was that you weren't going to ignore my posts for too long. Typical.

Later, the term took on another
expansion in its meaning. This time,
according to Martin, it was applied to
individuals (such as “he’s a real no-
brainer”).

Either way, a no-brainer is in such
popular use that any reference to a
dictionary is unnecessary. Nearly
everyone knows what it means. In
other words, it’s a no-brainer.
http://www.helium.com/items/2283565-what-is-a-no-brainer

can you see why i call you a waste of time?

Is this how am going to keep explaining myself to you whenever i give you the creative insults you keep asking for?

You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "creative" and you beg for it.

Well, you don't sound like you understand yourself or anything anyway.

Just one and i had to school you thru the night to make you understand.

And after begging for my attention is this how to say thank you? You are very ungrateful.

Now be a good boy and behave or i'll seriously shun you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:17am On Aug 01, 2013
Fighter Pilot: There is no Army in Africa which can stop BRAZIL

Lets test Nigeria:

NIGERIA VS BRAZIL

NIGERIA.
Total Manpower:
100 000 personnel
Military Budget:
$2.5 billion
Economy:
GDP: $500 billion
External Total reserves: $35 billion

BRAZIL
Total Manpower:
375 000 personnel
Military Budget
$35 billion
Economy:
GDP: $2.3 trillion
External Total Reserves: $375 billion

I hope everyone here will see that agaugust claims about the weakness of Brazil military are unfounded.

Brazil have been buying many weapons in the past few years.

Brazil is one of the top 10 most powerful militaries in the world, thus with their zero combat history they will flush Nigeria away in few minutes. None of the soldiers who fought during Biafran is still wearing the colours of the Army in Nigeria. Nigeria has been recruiting a number of inexperienced young men with zero combat experience, thus, their so called combat experience will not help them against a 375 000 force. Brazil will harm Nigeria badly until the AU and UN come out to speak on behalf of Nigeria.

http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=Nigeria

what a big disgrace to south african military cademies and the 33% brain they produce. a whole south african air force officer @Fighter Pilot was asked by a nigerian civilian to analyze nigerian military vs brazilian military....he went to copy and paste global-firepower website data and claimed he proved a point, and he has south african bachelors degree in military science grin

i expected you to prove to us that south african universities are better academically and intellectually than nigerian universities, instead of creating your own ingenious analysis of military power you copied and pasted global-firepower that even civilians on this forum have condemned as wrong and incorrect many times on this forum from page 1 to 500.

your foolish source global firepower ranks Thailand above mighty Sweden and North Korea that has nuclear weapons grin

south africa is the rainbow nation of extra-ordinary i.diots, no wonder Seleka rebels put s.hitt on y.our army's head grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:35am On Aug 01, 2013

strongest ELEVEN military forces in africa :

1. Egypt
2. Nigeria
3. Algeria
4. Ethiopia

5. Morroco/South Africa
6. Eritrea/Uganda/Angola/Sudan/Kenya

the tied positions of numbers 5 and 6, is a difficult knot to untie, anybody wants to try it please ?

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:41am On Aug 01, 2013
Mike..ZA:
No country on the African,can claim to have more experience in modern warfare like South Africa does.

Egypt and Ethiopia, google their war histories you b.uffooon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eritrean%E2%80%93Ethiopian_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yom_Kippur_War

you south africans are all b.uffooons beacause you write a lot of n.onsense grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:03am On Aug 01, 2013
south african mugus grin

nigerian air defence has been argued and proved best in africa on this forum many pages back, months may/june and we even did simultaion of comabt between south african Gripen Jet and nigerian amry Roland SAM plus Type 90 Guns....nigerian Akash SAM too is coming from India and a total modernization of nigerian air defences has been posted here as a new project just started with sources/weblinks proofs.

http://beegeagle./2013/03/07/india-to-help-nigeria-modernise-her-air-defences-spotlight-on-the-indian-made-akash-medium-range-area-defence-missile-system/

how many times do you want nigerians to repeat same posts ? y.ou south africans here are now acting and looking like b.rain d.ead egyptian mummies in a pryramid g.raveyard grin

NNS Aradu Otomat missiles will end that south african naval blockade, that is the new matter just arising on this forum now.

begin to pee pee in your already wet boxers grin

show me weblink source that says Otomat missile cannot sink a Valour frigate.

i have been studying a few vital things about south african valour frigates and i have seen its major weaknesses now

you mugus dont even know that south african valour frigates are specially focused as anti-aircraft frigates and its defences against sea threats are not so good. many warships in africa are better, check our navy of algerian and navy of morocco.

please go and correct all those your r.ubbish posts before i reply you this coming weekend my soweto boys grin

http://beegeagle./2013/03/07/india-to-help-nigeria-modernise-her-air-defences-spotlight-on-the-indian-made-akash-medium-range-area-defence-missile-system/

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:04am On Aug 01, 2013
[s][/s]
2smooth2shout:

Later, the term took on another
expansion in its meaning. This time,
according to Martin, it was applied to
individuals (such as “he’s a real no-
brainer”).

Either way, a no-brainer is in such
popular use that any reference to a
dictionary is unnecessary. Nearly
everyone knows what it means. In
other words, it’s a no-brainer.
http://www.helium.com/items/2283565-what-is-a-no-brainer

can you see why i call you a waste of time?

Is this how am going to keep explaining myself to you whenever i give you the creative insults you keep asking for?

You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "creative" and you beg for it.

Well, you don't sound like you understand yourself or anything anyway.

Just one and i had to school you thru the night to make you understand.

And after begging for my attention is this how to say thank you? You are very ungrateful.

Now be a good boy and behave or i'll seriously shun you.

"Either way, a no-brainer is in such popular use that any reference to a dictionary is unnecessary. Nearly everyone knows what it means. In other words, it’s a no-brainer."

- everyone except you, clearly. That you've gone and read a whole page on it is really hilarious! grin

Even after all that, you still clearly have no clue when you can and cannot use the phrase. Ten years from now, come back and look at this. Look at the way you've applied the phrase. You've read. You've researched. You've had your head spin in all sorts if directions. But you've grasped nothing. You're a subspecies.

Perhaps after ten years, grasping the meaning of the phrase will be a no-brained to you at the time. It certainly isn't the case now

Lol, aren't you the village id*ot now? If I remember correctly what started all this was you responding to my post, which wasn't even directed at you in the first place!
grin

You gate-crashed an exchange between myself and naija-pigoon. And you admitted as much in not so many words.

You then huffed off and said you'd ignore me. Yet, here you are, being emotionally imbalanced.

Now I'm the one looking for YOUR attention? cheesy

Your lift doesn't go all the way to the top floor, humanoid.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 2:16am On Aug 01, 2013
agaugust: south african mugus grin

nigerian air defence has been argued and proved best in africa on this forum many pages back, months may/june and we even did simultaion of comabt between south african Gripen Jet and nigerian amry Roland SAM plus Type 90 Guns....nigerian Akash SAM too is coming from India and a total modernization of nigerian air defences has been posted here as a new project just started with sources/weblinks proofs.

how many times do you want nigerians to repeat same posts ? y.ou south africans here are now acting and looking like b.rain d.ead egyptian mummies in a pryramid g.raveyard grin

NNS Aradu Otomat missiles will end that south african naval blockade, that is the new matter just arising on this forum now.

i have been studying a few vital things about south african valour frigates and i have seen its major weaknesses now

you mugus dont even know that south african valour frigates are specially focused as anti-aircraft frigates and its defences against sea threats are not so good. many warships in africa are better, check our navy of algerian and navy of morocco.

please go and correct all those your r.ubbish posts before i reply you this coming weekend my soweto boys grin

Mr Seleka, you're a fake. A fong-kong.

Nothing you say will redeem you. You know nothing. I discovered very quickly into this thread that you would teach us nothing.

You're a misleader of the masses.

Collecting military articles doesn't mean that you can analyse anything. You're just a person who'll die with a deferred dream and heartache at the military rankings of the world.

One or two good pieces of equipment improve a whole military's ranking where you come from? Even I can see that you're talking rubbish.

See what limited knowledge and overconfidence produces? An old, empty vessel who screams nothingness all the way from Abuja.

Spending some time cleaning the NAF grounds has produced this thing that you are, which I can't even describe without losing my appetite.

You're a joke, Mr Seleka.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:56am On Aug 01, 2013
Random

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 6:47am On Aug 01, 2013

Your useless Otomat missiles will be blown out of the sky by Umkhonto SAM. Please stop talking rubbish on this forum. When last did Nigeria conduct a naval missile test? When last did Aradu fire a single missile? In the 1980's? Now you want to pretend as if your current naval officers will even have the slightest clue how to fire at us. Go back to sleep fool.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:51am On Aug 01, 2013
2smooth2shout:

then why did you retreat from CAR. you lost all credibility after that. even M23 laugh it off and warned your troops when they heard SANDF was going to join the offensive in DRC. the deadline UN gave the rebels expired by 4pm today and no offensive yet cos SANDF are still training. is it world war z they are going to fight? grin
The SANDF is in DRC and ready for the fight which might even begin today.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 6:56am On Aug 01, 2013
agaugust:

Egypt and Ethiopia, google their war histories you b.uffooon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eritrean%E2%80%93Ethiopian_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yom_Kippur_War

you southy africans are all b.uffooons beacause you write a lot of n.onsense grin
Egypt last went into combat against muammar Gaddafi,long time ago. I'm talking about modern warfare.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:05am On Aug 01, 2013

Nigeria has the most weakest air defence in Africa. That was the reason they have asked India to help them modernise their Air defence system. Remember India is as well 33% brain capacity through their education system. In Africa the only country that has the most powerful and modern Air defence is South Africa. We do not need any country to come and help us modernise it, we do it on our own.

I hope you bring your F7-Ni to SA for a test to see how powerful is our Air defence. Oh! My God I forgot that your F7s have mechanical default and just fall on their own from the sky because the Chinese like to take advantage of you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:17am On Aug 01, 2013
2smooth2shout:

then why did you retreat from CAR. you lost all credibility after that. even M23 laugh it off and warned your troops when they heard SANDF was going to join the offensive in DRC. the deadline UN gave the rebels expired by 4pm today and no offensive yet cos SANDF are still training. is it world war z they are going to fight? grin

Zuma's intention was not to retreat, the parliament and political pressure is what forced Zuma to retreat from CAR. Zuma was told that countries cannot be used to stop coup d'etat in other countries.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:33am On Aug 01, 2013
Msauza:

Remember India is as well 33% brain capacity through their education system. In Africa the only country that has the most powerful and modern Air defence is South Africa. We do not need any country to come and help us modernise it, we do it on our own.

fool, south african army's best air defence weapon is the starstreak hand held shoulder fired anti-aircraft missile imported from Britain, not made in aouth africa you F00L grin

it is not too modern as a missile, it is a year 1997 product

south africa purchased only 8 units from Britain

the missile range is a short as nigeria's Roland SAM

the south african missile is 7 times smaller and weaker in explosive warhead compared to nigerian Roland SAM

south african starstreak SAM missile has 5 big combat dis-advantages we can talk about another day grin

you are a big F00L grin google is your friend, Britain sold the current air defence missiles to south africa grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starstreak_(missile)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:41am On Aug 01, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Egypt last went into combat against muammar Gaddafi,long time ago. I'm talking about modern warfare.

so Egypt should be going to war every year ? you fool grin

if you think Egypt is a dummy, let South Africa fight Israel 3 times in 10 years and lets see how many of your soldiers will remain alive.

south african bush war ended 24 years ago. ethiopia eritrea war ended 12 years ago with modern SU-27 Flanker jets VS Mig 29 jets in air to air BVR jet vs jet dogfight air combat, who is the boss in african modern war history ? you south africans are all F00LS grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:49am On Aug 01, 2013
agaugust:

what a big disgrace to south african military cademies and the 33% brain they produce. a whole south african air force officer @Fighter Pilot was asked by a nigerian civilian to analyze nigerian military vs brazilian military....he went to copy and paste global-firepower website data and claimed he proved a point, and he has south african bachelors degree in military science grin

i expected you to prove to us that south african universities are better academically and intellectually than nigerian universities, instead of creating your own ingenious analysis of military power you copied and pasted global-firepower that even civilians on this forum have condemned as wrong and incorrect many times on this forum from page 1 to 500.

your foolish source global firepower ranks Thailand above mighty Sweden and North Korea that has nuclear weapons grin

south africa is the rainbow nation of extra-ordinary i.diots, no wonder Seleka rebels put s.hitt on y.our army's head grin

There is nothing wrong from what fighter pilot has analysed. He just only did a quick research by quoting GFP. The GFP is not entirely wrong especially when it comes to the economic indices. Brazil has much bigger economy which is almost six times the economy of Nigeria. Their military budget is even higher than what figher pilot has reflected totalling $40 billion which is almost 18 times bigger than that of Nigeria.

1. Brazil are the big military spenders in South American continent.
http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/brazil/military-expenditure

2. Sipri has also confirmed that Brazil are the biggest military spenders, more than what Nigeria can only dream of.
http://www.spacewar.com/m/reports/SIPRI_Latin_America_military_spending_up_999.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:49am On Aug 01, 2013
saengine:

Your useless Otomat missiles will be blown out of the sky by Umkhonto SAM. Please stop talking rubbish on this forum. When last did Nigeria conduct a naval missile test? When last did Aradu fire a single missile? In the 1980's? Now you want to pretend as if your current naval officers will even have the slightest clue how to fire at us. Go back to sleep fool.

you like to be white-washed ? okay you will have it. begin to pooh pooh in your boxers before i post reply this weekend.
i want all you south africans to post plenty rubbish so i can pile them up and dump them into the gabbage dump during the weekend. grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:53am On Aug 01, 2013
Msauza:

There is nothing wrong from what fighter pilot has analysed. He just only did a quick research by quoting GFP. The GFP is not entirely wrong especially when it comes to the economic indices. Brazil has much bigger economy which is almost six times the economy of Nigeria. Their military budget is even higher than what figher pilot has reflected totalling $40 billion which is almost 18 times bigger than that of Nigeria.

1. Brazil are the big military spenders in South American continent.
http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/brazil/military-expenditure

a south african air force officer with Bachelor of Science Degree in military science should not be doing copy and paste of military analysis, let him try something ingenious with his 33% south african brain and post it here for we civilians to learn from his military university 'ingenuity' or should i teach him how to do it ? grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:59am On Aug 01, 2013
some current and possible future SA hardware.

(look a EOD robot)

(since people will ask acousting sniper locating sytem)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:08am On Aug 01, 2013

[size=16pt]Angola...Power of a Ballistic missile[/size]

[img]http://frommashriqmaghreb.files./2012/07/pic5.jpg[/img]

Angola should not be under-estimated in africa

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:12am On Aug 01, 2013
agaugust:

a south african air force officer with Bachelor of Science Degree in military science should not be doing copy and paste of military analysis, let him try something ingenious with his 33% south african brain and post it here for we civilians to learn from his military university 'ingenuity' or should i teach him how to do it ? grin

That was surely not copy and paste. That format he has shown is not how GFP white. Ofcourse, he might have taken some facts from it, but he made his own findings to show us that Brazil will defeat Nigeria without any difficulty. Not every person has time to go through every source and attach it. Besides many media still rely on GFP for military rankings, only because agaugust doesn't agree with GFP, so every one of us has to buy his assertions. NO! Some of us including myself still agree with GFP military researchers.

Here is another aspect that fighter pilot reflected about the manpower of Brazil which is 3 times bigger than that of Nigeria. Their military reserves amounted to over 1.3 million in 2006.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Armed_Forces

Bet with me Brazil will flush Nigeria and Egypt combined.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:24am On Aug 01, 2013
andrewza: some current and possible future SA hardware.

(look a EOD robot)

(since people will ask acousting sniper locating sytem)

Power of a 33% brain capacity. Funny how those who claim themselves as among the intelligent in the world cannot do it. grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 9:38am On Aug 01, 2013
Msauza:

Zuma's intention was not to retreat, the parliament and political pressure is what forced Zuma to retreat from CAR. Zuma was told that countries cannot be used to stop coup d'etat in other countries.

another joke. nigeria stopped coups in siera leon and sao tome. Your leaders don't have a clue of African politics and so do you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:39am On Aug 01, 2013
Msauza:

That was surely not copy and paste. That format he has shown is not how GFP white. Ofcourse, he might have taken some facts from it, but he made his own findings to show us that Brazil will defeat Nigeria without any difficulty. Not every person has time to go through every source and attach it. Besides many media still rely on GFP for military rankings, only because agaugust doesn't agree with GFP, so every one of us has to buy his assertions. NO! Some of us including myself still agree with GFP military researchers.

Here is another aspect that fighter pilot reflected about the manpower of Brazil which is 3 times bigger than that of Nigeria. Their military reserves amounted to over 1.3 million in 2006.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Armed_Forces

Bet with me Brazil will flush Nigeria and Egypt combined.

Nigerian army trains about 300,000 nigerian university graduates in a military regimented type of camp every year in the NYSC paramilitary youth program, they are a ready reserve force for war call up with just basic infantry training to add to the first training the arny gave them in camp. Nigeria has over 2 million of them trained in the last 7 years.

all powerful countries have their own different military reserve plans and strategy, no strong country is a fool !

[img]http://1.bp..com/-mG_bHubWvks/UJVKjw851rI/AAAAAAAAAjo/Vk7mTsHtmXY/s1600/292279_10151479074820541_190438857_n.jpg[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 9:42am On Aug 01, 2013
Mike..ZA:

you keep clamouring for modern warfare history. Which modern warfare has south africa engaged in and won.

At least these countries have won wars. Which modern warfare did south africa ever fight?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:42am On Aug 01, 2013

nigerian army keeps on training millions in the NYSC corp from year to year as a national war reserve strategy and only nigeria has this particular class in the world, all of them are university graduates with smart brains.

Brazil has its millions and Nigeria too has its millions, let both countries give them all one rifle each and let the fight begin !

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:13am On Aug 01, 2013
agaugust:

Nigerian army trains about 300,000 nigerian university graduates in a military regimented type of camp every year in the NYSC paramilitary youth program, they are a ready reserve force for war call up with just basic infantry training to add to the first training the arny gave them in camp. Nigeria has over 2 million of them trained in the last 7 years.

all powerful countries have their own different military reserve plans and strategy, no strong country is a fool !

[img]http://1.bp..com/-mG_bHubWvks/UJVKjw851rI/AAAAAAAAAjo/Vk7mTsHtmXY/s1600/292279_10151479074820541_190438857_n.jpg[/img]

The fact is Brazil will crash you with your $2.3 billion military budget. How the hell will you compare yourself with a military that is run by the budget 20 times more than what your military get. A country with its military expenditure larger than Nigerias total budget combined. Only fool will believe your nonsense.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 10:20am On Aug 01, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

In that way let them not enjoy drugs money with their husbands. We have no problem if they marry them, but they must advice them to stop selling drugs to our children because we love our children and we will do whatever it takes to protect them.
Shut the F-up, u xenophobe. Read your comment again and weep for yourself!

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.