Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,980 members, 7,890,221 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:19 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4481924 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 11:31am On Jul 31, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Your SARS will never come close to SAPS special task force.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Task_Force_(SAPS)

in photography, YES. But in real hostage rescue and counter terrorism we are way beyond you.

Post recent achievements of zero hostage casualty/injury like i did with SARS. That's how you measure achievements. Not by photography alone.

Your task force is not internationally known to be that good except to gullible south africans.

And your link is about sri lankan special task force.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:48am On Jul 31, 2013
Agaugust is just claiming that Nigeria has the most powerful air defence artillery in Africa. That is very wrong, infact they have most weakest air defence of all top military powers in Africa and have never upgraded it ever since. Who ever told this boy that SAM's are still effective air defence at this day and age is very wrong and only heaven knows what a disgrace he fed on this buddy. SAMs were undoubtedly the most effective air defence in the 80s and early 90s and now ever since the introduction of the 4th generations fighters, SAMs missiles are ruled out as the most effective weapon to stop such a latest technology. Fouth generation fighters run even faster than SAM missile on its own.

I understand that @Agaugust is a civilian who gets to be fed wrong information by Nigerian soldiers who know nothing about the latest technology. Most of agaugust analysis are based on civil perspective point of view and there is no doubt that this man is just an imposter pretending to be working for the US defence industries. If indeed he was a researcher he wouldn't have considered SAM as the best air defence missile and for that I bet. Let him go and ask his bosses in America and ask them why did the US dumped the use of SAMs as an effective air defence weapon.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:58am On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

in photography, YES. But in real hostage rescue and counter terrorism we are way beyond you.

Post recent achievements of zero hostage casualty/injury like i did with SARS. That's how you measure achievements. Not by photography alone.

Your task force is not internationally known to be that good except to gullible south africans.

South African special task force is internationally recognised for its role in the 30 year long bush war.

The link above will give you a link to India and South Africas task force from the starting of the page. Just click to South Africas.

The reason I did that I wanted to prove to you that SA task force is among the known Special task force in the world.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 11:59am On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

If you don't know what to say rather just keep quiet.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
Thiza: @2smooth2shout Read attached links as evidence atleast you wont sound like an ignorant fool. All the links indicates success of Special Task force not....these bumble bees you called Special Force.

Good thinking people with good analysis skills can see through reading on these thread that Nigeria has been blowing hot air and whenever losses swould resort to supporting Egypt or Algeria and when lossing there again would switch to favouring United States and when loosing there again resort to vulgar language.

HOWEVER I DO STATE THAT SOUTH AFRICA IS ATLEAST 50 YEARS AHEAD OF NIGERIA......PROVE ME WRONG BYB FACTS NOT INSULTS AND SOME MISLEADING NATIONALIST RHETORIC WITHOUT AN FACTUAL BASE.

ON UNVEALING NIGERIA FIRST UAV PLANE. A CERTAIN NIGERIAN GENERAL CLAIMED THAT IT IS THE FIRST IN AFRICA....HAHAAHAHHAHAHH AND IF HE HAD READ OR LOOK ON THIS THREAD HE COULD HAVE REALISED THAT SOUTH AFRICA PRODUCED ITS FIRST UAV IN 1983
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 12:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
Just only by googling the Nigerian SARS the response was bad news. It looks like this Special Anti-Robbery Squad of Nigerian police are just plastic police and clearly are no match to the SAPS special task force.

http://www.google.com/search?client=ms-rim&hl=en&q=Nigerias%20SARS&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&channel=browser
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
Thiza: @2smooth2shout Read attached links as evidence atleast you wont sound like an[/b] ignorant fool[/b]. All the links indicates success of Special Task force not....these bumble bees you called Special Force.

Good thinking people with good analysis skills can see through reading on these thread that Nigeria has been blowing hot air and whenever losses swould resort to vulgar language.

pot calling kettle black. i saw the link and i stand by my claim that NPF SARS have had more successful rescue operations and have taken out more powerful robbery gang.

Your task force does not fall into top 20. Live with it
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

South African special task force is internationally recognised for its role in the 30 year long bush war.

The link above will give you a link to India and South Africas task force from the starting of the page. Just click to South Africas.

The reason I did that I wanted to prove to you that SA task force is among the known Special task force in the world.

will you people just shut it already with this war you fought for 30 years to a stalemate. Whats the achievment in that?

Known but not recognized as one of the best. I've checked everywhere to see if they even fit into top 30. Still can't

so tell me who recognizes them if not south africans alone
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2013
Fighter Pilot: Just only by googling the Nigerian SARS the response was bad news. It looks like this Special Anti-Robbery Squad of Nigerian police are just plastic police and clearly are no match to the SAPS special task force.

http://www.google.com/search?client=ms-rim&hl=en&q=Nigerias%20SARS&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&channel=browser

lol... So it's a bad news for terrorists to attack SARS HQ and failed? Check your head very well.

And SARS are not like the regular police. You have to be a criminal for them to shoot your legs to pin you down. It was discovered that the guy had a scuffle with one of the men so he was shot.

The nairaland post is just the regular police brutality SA is not innocent for.

I backed up my claims with successful hostage rescues. So am not just boosting.

Weak attemp bro. try something else
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2013
saengine:

If you don't know what to say rather just keep quiet.

speak for yourself.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2013
Fighter Pilot: Agaugust is just claiming that Nigeria has the most powerful air defence artillery in Africa. That is very wrong, infact they have most weakest air defence of all top military powers in Africa and have never upgraded it ever since. Who ever told this boy that SAM's are still effective air defence at this day and age is very wrong and only heaven knows what a disgrace he fed on this buddy. SAMs were undoubtedly the most effective air defence in the 80s and early 90s and now ever since the introduction of the 4th generations fighters, SAMs missiles are ruled out as the most effective weapon to stop such a latest technology. Fouth generation fighters run even faster than SAM missile on its own.

I understand that @Agaugust is a civilian who gets to be fed wrong information by Nigerian soldiers who know nothing about the latest technology. Most of agaugust analysis are based on civil perspective point of view and there is no doubt that this man is just an imposter pretending to be working for the US defence industries. If indeed he was a researcher he wouldn't have considered SAM as the best air defence missile and for that I bet. Let him go and ask his bosses in America and ask them why did the US dumped the use of SAMs as an effective air defence weapon.

and you confidently typed this rubbish with the hope of feeding it to your fellow ignorant gullible south africans.

If surface to air missiles are not deemed suitable for air defense against modern jets why was israel scared of the russian S-300 SAM? Why do the US, Germany, Netherland still ddepend on the PATRIOT SAM? Why did the US deploy them to Jordan and Turkey against fears of Syrian attacks?

Do you even know what a surface to air missile is?

So this is the kind of soldier SANDF have been training all these years. WOW!! What a shame.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

and you confidently typed this rubbish with the hope of feeding it to your fellow ignorant gullible south africans.

If surface to air missiles are not deemed suitable for air defense against modern jets why was israel scared of the russian S-300 SAM? Why do the US, Germany, Netherland still ddepend on the PATRIOT SAM? Why did the US deploy them to Jordan and Turkey against fears of Syrian attacks?

So this is the kind of soldier SANDF have been training all these years. WOW!! What a shame.

Nigeria uses Rolands, Sorry for that mistake.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
Roland SAM is outdated at this day and age.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
zetdee:

Whatever oldman, I'm just glad that you don't dispute where I placed South Africa and Nigeria on my ranking.

My top ten

Egypt
South Africa
Algeria/ Ethiopia
Nigeria
Kenya/ Morocco/ Tanzania
Angola
Uganda

Lol. I have disputed it so many times on this forum it might become boring so i did not repeat it. i just told you that your above rankings was 's.hitted' out of your b.um in the pit latrine grin

nobody was ranking Algeria and Morocco so high on this forum until i did 'marketing/PR' for them, i humbly say that, not boasting....we are all below the rank of a field marshall on this forum.

case ya never heard...my rankings...i have my strong reasons to back up my opinion....dare anyone to challenge...not boasting...just saying.

strongest ELEVEN military forces in africa :

1. Egypt
2. Nigeria
3. Algeria
4. Ethiopia
5. Morroco/South Africa
6. Eritrea/Uganda/Angola/Sudan/Kenya

any challenger ? please do it with good technical reasons to back up your opinion. many thanks sirs !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
[size=16pt]now all you south african toy soldiers posting military/combat comments on this forum, please look for weblink sources of information/technical data and/or war/combat history/records to prove all the claims you have posted in the past 24 hours. i give you another extra 24 hours to post these sources/proofs.

please kindly stop posting military stuff/claims without any weblink source to back it up. if there is no database, look for war records of related combat.

dont let your south african military academies be converted into mere police training colleges. tongue tongue tongue

signed

@Agaugust

[/size]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 2:54pm On Jul 31, 2013
agaugust: [size=16pt]now all you south african toy soldiers posting military/combat comments on this forum, please look for weblink sources of information/technical data and/or war/combat history/records to prove all the claims you have posted in the past 24 hours. i give you another extra 24 hours to post these sources/proofs.

please kindly stop posting military stuff/claims without any weblink source to back it up. if there is no database, look for war records of related combat.

dont let your south african military academies be converted into mere police training colleges. tongue tongue tongue

signed

@Agaugust

[/size]

same thing i've been begging them for two weeks now. The only history they seem to have is about two conflicts they didn't win.

First was the 30 years bush war. Who fights a war for 30 years with no victory and brag's about it if not losers.

Second is CAR which they actually LOST and retreated never to go back.

i think your list is unfair cos right now kenya and Uganda are better experienced than SA.

sA should only top the list of weapons producers in Africa. Not best army
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by buzmani(m): 2:56pm On Jul 31, 2013
I knw many are judging our military base wit d B/H issue in d north. Blv me. Dts no threat to our Army because the govt itslf its B/H. Rathr d civilian govt would like to protect military intervention in Nig politics. Nigeria economy might be currupt and not Nigerian Defence. No African country, evn South American countries can triance the cases of 9ja Kamo
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:12pm On Jul 31, 2013
agaugust:

Lol. I have disputed it so many times on this forum it might become boring so i did not repeat it. i just told you that your above rankings was 's.hitted' out of your b.um in the pit latrine grin

nobody was ranking Algeria and Morocco so high on this forum until i did 'marketing/PR' for them, i humbly say that, not boasting....we are all below the rank of a field marshall on this forum.

case ya never heard...my rankings...i have my strong reasons to back up my opinion....dare anyone to challenge...not boasting...just saying.

strongest military forces in africa :

1. Egypt
2. Nigeria
3. Algeria
4. Ethiopia
5. Morroco
6. Eritrea/Uganda/Angola/Sudan/Kenya

any challenger ? please do it with good technical reasons to back up your opinion. many thanks sirs !
1. South Africa (This country has the money to produce weapons and fund operations) 2. Egypt( egypt is "broke",and Israel always made them fools) 3.Nigeria (Nigeria has numbers but no quality equipment,and lacks modern convectional warfare experience) 4. Algeria (armed forces of Algeria,are leading a successful against armed jihadists) 5. Morocco(is modernising its armed forces).
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:19pm On Jul 31, 2013
buzmani: I knw many are judging our military base wit d B/H issue in d north. Blv me. Dts no threat to our Army because the govt itslf its B/H. Rathr d civilian govt would like to protect military intervention in Nig politics. Nigeria economy might be currupt and not Nigerian Defence. No African country, evn South American countries can triance the cases of 9ja Kamo
If BH is not threat then why are you deploy massive numbers of troops,even backed by fighter jets. One of your Nigerian brothers even said,BH almost downed a MI-35 helo. Here's the thing: If your economy is corrupt,that would be troublesome cause your country won't have the money to fund military operations. And buy spare parts for almost all of your equipment since it is foreign made. GET IT?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 3:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

Your Rolands with the range of 8km,can't create an "umbrella" of protection for your troops and armour in the battlefield. Systems like the Patriot and S300 have a larger range,which raises the factor factor on the enemy's camp.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

same thing i've been begging them for two weeks now. The only history they seem to have is about two conflicts they didn't win.

First was the 30 years bush war. Who fights a war for 30 years with no victory and brag's about it if not losers.

Second is CAR which they actually LOST and retreated never to go back.

i think your list is unfair cos right now kenya and Uganda are better experienced than SA.

sA should only top the list of weapons producers in Africa. Not best army

No country on the African,can claim to have more experience in modern warfare like South Africa does. And oh South Africa only stepped in if UNITA was facing a serious threat. You mentioned Uganda and Kenya,first Uganda has never fought in any major conflict. They're even getting help from the USA to locate Joseph Kony. They're like Nigeria,fighting against rebels.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mike..ZA:
No country on the African,can claim to have more experience in modern warfare like South Africa does. And oh South Africa only stepped in if UNITA was facing a serious threat. You mentioned Uganda and Kenya,first Uganda has never fought in any major conflict. They're even getting help from the USA to locate Joseph Kony. They're like Nigeria,fighting against rebels.

Again ... I just wish you could get your head out of your stinking behind! You seem to be lost in your world of baseless fantasies! Nigeria's solid military history cannot be rewritten no matter how much you lie for your SA. Provide facts and reliable sources when you make your claims! Finish and klaar!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mike..ZA:

You continue to make stupid comments that reflect your poor level of reasoning! The Nigerian military is not in a war with rebels or whatever name you want to refer to Boko Haram. Rather we are in a needed security offensive against terrorists who have exploited Nigeria's religious diversity by unleashing mayhem on innocent citizens. The military has largely succeeded in less than 3 months to dislodged the foreign backed terrorists from Nigerian soil. Help yourself to a dose of basic education to improve your 33% brain capacity!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Again ... I just wish you could get your head out of your stinking behind! You seem to be lost in your world of baseless fantasies! Nigeria's solid military history cannot be rewritten no matter how much you lie for your SA. Provide facts and reliable sources when you make your claims! Finish and klaar!

The only thing that cannot be rewritten are current military rankings.

Where on earth is Naai-geria ranked at position two? Above South Africa at that?

That's wishful thinking.

You can cry until you are purple and pink in the face (whichever state of frustration works for you), the rankings will not change. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not in the foreseeable future.

98% failure rate brain, put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mike..ZA:
If BH is not threat then why are you deploy massive numbers of troops,even backed by fighter jets. One of your Nigerian brothers even said,BH almost downed a MI-35 helo.

i just wonder if south africans purposely chose to be ignorant or are just being silly. tell me which country in the world that is currently countering insurgency that is not using heavy military hardware.

from Russia, Yemen, turkey, India, Colombia Myanmar etc, heavy weaponry is always used to dislodge rebel camps. boko haram is not a threat to our military and it would have been a threat to our unity but they also kill a lot of muslims and northerners.

you can say a militants are winning when they start to claim territory and so far that has and will never happen tongue
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

i just wonder if south africans purposely chose to be ignorant or are just being silly. tell me which country in the world that is currently countering insurgency that is not using heavy military hardware.

from Russia, Yemen, turkey, India, Colombia Myanmar etc, heavy weaponry is always used to dislodge rebel camps. [b]boko haram is not a threat to our military [/b]and it would have been a threat to our unity but they also kill a lot of muslims and northerners.

you can say a militants are winning when they start to claim territory and so far that has and will never happen tongue

Typically Naai-gerian one-dimensional thinking.

Of course, BH is a threat to your military.

1. It incapacitates you and keeps you preoccupied to the point that you cannot do anything else. You have a failed mission in Mali, thanks to BH.

2. BH is a threat to you unity. You are currently prosecuting military personnel, who have been caught allegedly aiding BH.

Give us a break, will you!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mike..ZA:
1.Egypt( egypt is "broke" but still has enough military power to level south africa in one week,and Israel always made them fools)
2.Nigeria (Nigeria has numbers and has a lot of combat experience, they are waging a successful war against jihadists in just 3 years unlike algeria that took 10 years to control attacks to the lowest level)
3.Algeria (armed forces of Algeria,are leading a successful against armed jihadists)
4.Ethiopia
5.Morocco(is modernising its armed forces).
6.South Africa (This country has the money to produce weapons and fund unsuccessful operations including their recent defeat and retreat in CAR)

now this is more like it grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

now this is more like it grin grin grin grin

2smooth2shout:

1.Egypt( egypt is "broke" but still has enough military power to level south africa in one week,and Israel always made them fools)
2.Nigeria (Nigeria has numbers and has a lot of combat experience, they are waging a successful war against jihadists in just 3 years unlike algeria that took 10 years to control attacks to the lowest level)
3.Algeria (armed forces of Algeria,are leading a successful against armed jihadists)
4.Ethiopia
5.Morocco(is modernising its armed forces).
6.South Africa (This country has the money to produce weapons and fund unsuccessful operations including their recent defeat and retreat in CAR)

now this is more like it

This is how Naai-geria measures success:

http://www.nationalturk.com/en/boko-haram-attack-heavy-explosion-boko-haram-15-dead-northern-nigeria-41043

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2013/july/nigeria-pastor-frees-muslim-prisoners-ramadan-kano-bombing.html

http://www.enca.com/africa/suspected-boko-haram-attack-kills-20-0

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/141984-boko-haram-committee-plays-down-kano-bombing-promises-data-showing-progress.html

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
The presidential committee said it will release data showing it remained in touch with Boko Haram.
The presidential committee pushing for a negotiated deal with the violent sect, Boko Haram, has downplayed Monday’s bombing that killed scores in Kano, promising new “data and fact” that will show gains it achieved with the extremists, as the panel’s work faces increasing doubt.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2013
CraigB: The presidential committee said it will release data showing it remained in touch with Boko Haram.
The presidential committee pushing for a negotiated deal with the violent sect, Boko Haram, has downplayed Monday’s bombing that killed scores in Kano, promising new “data and fact” that will show gains it achieved with the extremists, as the panel’s work faces increasing doubt.

Another intentional display of your weak brain's capacity! You know next to nothing about countering insurgency! You know next to about intelligence gathering through such levels of dialogue! You are just entirely a clueless roasted brain CrayFish! What Nigeria has achieved in less than three months of coordinated security operations ... has confounded naysayers like you. Enjoy the pain of your delusions! Yeye CrayFish! grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 8:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Another intentional display of your weak brain's capacity! You know next to nothing about countering insurgency! You know next to about intelligence gathering through such levels of dialogue! You are just entirely a clueless roasted brain CrayFish! What Nigeria has achieved in less than three months of coordinated security operations ... has confounded naysayers like you. Enjoy the pain of your delusions! Yeye CrayFish! grin grin grin grin

If it's intentional, then that's pretty clever.

Kindergaten insults, with no creativity or smarts behind them.

The rest of your post fades into nothingness. So, nothingness is what it will be driven to. My comments stand.

The "naysayers" are Naai-gerian. If you'd read the links given to you, you'd have known that. http://premiumtimesng.com/news/141984-boko-haram-committee-plays-down-kano-bombing-promises-data-showing-progress.html
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
2smooth2shout:

1. South Africa (This country manufacture weapons and a rich economy)

2. Egypt ( Political instability has affected their military badly)

3. Ethiopia ( has the strongest Airforce in Africa)

4. Algeria ( have a good military budget to procure modern weaponry)

5. Nigeria ( large numbers but small military budget)

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.