Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,308 members, 7,920,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 08:14 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4501263 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Are you really serious about your comment above? And don't you think it is an indictment on your SANDF that your SAPS will need to be brought in to do military operations? Do you now see the reason for our correct views about the weakness of your SANDF despite the shiny weapons they exhibit whenever there's a camera operator around? In other climes it is the military that comes to the rescue of the Police ... as such it is very clear why your CAR disgrace happened! Your SANDF were busy waiting for the Police who were rather busy dragging people tied to the back of Police vans.

Don't get ahead of yourself young man!

You really do not understand a thing about the special task force. They are the "special force" of the police to execute special operations, such as hostages, terrorism, etc. Thus, yes! as a highly trained force they have the capability to execute special military operations if the need arise.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

You are one huge fool and a bloody Naval chef whose definition of war is feeding fat in the kitchen for your fellow journeymen at the expense of your disillusioned taxpayers! grin

listen here i am not a chef, unless you can prove iam chef dont cliam i am. bloody keyboaer warror.

and i have a lot of respect for naval chefes, they do a lot more than you think. so why dont you join the navy and find out. but you a coward that would never make it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2013
andrewza:

listen here i am not a chef, unless you can prove iam chef dont cliam i am. bloody keyboaer warror.

and i have a lot of respect for naval chefes, they do a lot more than you think. so why dont you join the navy and find out. but you a coward that would never make it.

Naval chef can't even do straight battle! You are the keyboard admiral of the SAN fleet! You must have a healthy potbelly to show for your time in the kitchen on deck. grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

You really do not understand a thing about the special task force. They are the "special force" of the police to execute special operations, such as hostages, terrorism, etc. Thus, yes! as a highly trained force they have the capability to execute special military operations if the need arise.

Joker!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sambos994(m): 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
andrewza:

And non of the SA tarining team was injuried. The orgnial mission was to protect that training team. Then bozzie escaped because we held the rebels of for 2 days. 200 held of 3000+ rebels for 2 days. That's not bad.

...and you didn't bring reinforcements
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
sambos994:

No we did not fly in the battlion that was forced to go to uganda. A speciol forces team was flown in during the battel but they never reached the para bats. They tried to reach the bridge that the CAR army (a battlion) had just abdonded to destroy it. They were to late and they were gradualy forced back by a large rebel force. When they reached the city out scirts they broke contacted to avoid colltral damge. They then defended the base against a rebel attack.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 9:00pm On Jul 30, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

the last line has to be a joke. they are not half trained as US tactical team but the tactical team training is not considered to be of special force level.

i mean what kind of a military will even require a special police squad for support when they already have special forces that should be better trained for it? undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Are you really serious about your comment above? And don't you think it is an indictment on your SANDF that your SAPS will need to be brought in to do military operations? Do you now see the reason for our correct views about the weakness of your SANDF despite the shiny weapons they exhibit whenever there's a camera operator around? In other climes it is the military that comes to the rescue of the Police ... as such it is very clear why your CAR disgrace happened! Your SANDF were busy waiting for the Police who were rather busy dragging people tied to the back of Police vans.

Are you gonna tell me the old SADF was weak?,cause this unit has operated with its military counterparts on many occasions during the bush war. And please you don't want me to tell you about the massacres your security forces commit.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Joker!

I like it! I know you understood me very well and it is just unfortunate that it is embedded in every Nigerian's blood to deny the facts.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Can Nigeria fight any conventional war against another country?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
2smooth2shout:

the last line has to be a joke. they are not half trained as US tactical team but the tactical team training is not considered to be of special force level.

i mean what kind of a military will even require a special police squad for support when they already have special forces that should be better trained for it? undecided

You really think so?

How many US teams are all para qulfied, combat diving qulfied, urban and rural combat trained, demolistion trained, train with heavy wepaons extra extra.

SA is one of the most dangouris places in the world. Yet task force has a 100% succes rate in hostiage rescues. There is no poliece unit in the world that comes close to them. Youtube search SA task force there is a documantry on them and what they do. At least one hostage rescue a week and not once have they lost a hostaige in a take down.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
sambos994:

That would raise many suspicious questions about,why the SANDF was in CAR.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Naval chef can't even do straight battle! You are the keyboard admiral of the SAN fleet! You must have a healthy potbelly to show for your time in the kitchen on deck. grin grin
Nigeria can't "do straight battle",with 12 F7 fighter jets plus some lead-in fighters.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mike..ZA:
That would raise many suspicious questions about,why the SANDF was in CAR.

Exactly!!! It would have raised suspicions that SA is projecting herself as a superpower and imperialist. There is no way seleka would ever stop SA when it comes with a full force armed with heavy firepower.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2013
2smooth2shout:

I am a soldier myself and I know that during war or to be more specific when the whole country is under attack, the military will have to utilise everything in disposal to realise victory. The large number of reservists and those who have military experienced will have to be recalled. Now tell me why would the military leave behind this highly trained unit, since many of them come from the military. Their selection is much tougher and not really easy to pass.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 9:42pm On Jul 30, 2013
NASF Endurance Training
[img]http://beegeagle.files./2012/11/na-sf-seaside.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
andrewza:

You really think so?

How many US teams are all para qulfied, combat diving qulfied, urban and rural combat trained, demolistion trained, train with heavy wepaons extra extra.

SA is one of the most dangouris places in the world. Yet task force has a 100% succes rate in hostiage rescues. There is no poliece unit in the world that comes close to them. Youtube search SA task force there is a documantry on them and what they do. At least one hostage rescue a week and not once have they lost a hostaige in a take down.

@2smooth2shout is obsessed by Hollywood movies. America is not even as violent and dangerous as South Africa. That US swat or whatever they are dealing with weak criminals.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2013
Tanzanian special forces DRC pre-deployment training

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
Tanzanian special forces

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
Nigerian navy special forces

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 10:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Nigeria can't "do straight battle",with 12 F7 fighter jets plus some lead-in fighters.

i hope you know the meaning of war. Nigeria has the capacity to rapidly grow it's military to confront any external threat.

our military don't train all over the world for nothing. when war starts, we have the personnel with solid training and expertise to tackle it.

mess with these fine boys at your own peril

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by 2smooth2shout: 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

@2smooth2shout is obsessed by Hollywood movies. America is not even as violent and dangerous as South Africa. That US swat or whatever they are dealing with weak criminals.

thanx. and my genre is Drama by the way not action. the US S.W.A.T is the best tactical team in the world, they didn't get that reputation by just posing for photos.

dude, the US has the highest gun violence in the world, has been fighting drug cartels for decades, gang wars still going on etc.. unless south africa is dealing with terrorists internally what makes south africa more dangerous?

i understand your patriotism but your special task force is not internationally recognized and not even close to top ten in the world.

here's a list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbJLpGF3968
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:02am On Jul 31, 2013
[img]http://www.corbisimages.com/images/Corbis-0000259608-016.jpg?size=67&uid=868be1a2-7364-4489-a5d1-6ca0f95527ad[/img]

andrewza:

Bifar happened years ago any experiance is long since forgoten, nigeria is not a jungel warfare expert. Liberia and serrie leon? EO did a better job even beagel blog agrees.

quote weblink source and dont change written history that the whole world knows, nigerian army was 95% resposnsible for the jungle warfare defeat of all rebels in liberia and sierra leone. post weblink source for your c.raaaaaazy claim.

@andrewza, for this comment you made about ECOMOG in west african wars, i think y.our m.other should r.egret the day s.he gave birth to you as a s.hameless liar, how do you train your children ? same way you are ?

http://www.hrw.org/reports/1993/liberia/

http://beegeagle./2012/12/09/the-ecomog-years-nigerian-troops-in-liberia-photo-credit-corbispatrick-robert/

andrewza:

Have you seen brazil it basicaly one big ass jungel and there jungel warfare training is far better than littel nigeria. Or do you thing that nigeria is now better tha brazil?

yes nigeria is better than Brazil in war, this is not world cup football, Brazil has zero combat modern experience, nigeria has experience of 500,000 soldier Biafra war involving army, navy, air force and the one hour video of that was posted here bu @patriot4 no need to repeat the video.

nigerian army, navy, air force joint operation of the 3rd marine commandoes defeated Biafra finally through the jungle and swamps under command of ex-president Army General Obasanjo. go google it you fool grin

nigeria has 12 year war experience with about 50,000 soldiers rotated in batches of about 10,000 in liberia and sierra leone, the a Lt. colonel of that time Chris Olukolade of ECOMOG is still in service as Brigadier General, google his name and profile.

all the experience nigeria gained from Biafra to Liberia to Sierra Leone are documented and incorporated into our NDA military academy and War College eduction and training programme to transfer the skills and experience to every new nigerian soldier that joins our military.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:22am On Jul 31, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Brazil military will crash Nigeria in just few hours.

No ! Brazil CANNOT defeat nigeria in war.

Brazil and Nigeria are almost equal in weapons but Nigeria has superior combat experience 10 times better than Brazil.

Brazils air force and navy jet fighters are of 1955 to 1982 generations and nigeria's F-7 jet is a 2008 light point defence and attack jet fighter. we are the same level.

Brazils army and nigerian army are almost equal in artillery guns and armoured vehicles, but nigeria has many more modern and advanced armoured fighting vehicles than Brazil.

Brazils navy has a scrap junk France donated gift 'hands me down' old year 1960s aircraft carrier loaded with 1960s jet fighters, you salute Brazil for that but you insult nigeria for having NNS Thunder gift from USA, you are just fools in south africa the way you all think.

apart from Type 209 submarines for its very long coastline of about 8,000km ten times longer than nigerian 800km coastline, Brazils navy has nothing better than nigeria especially with our 4 new stealth warships coming to nigerian navy soon. also, Nigerian navy has a 20 times better coastal defence fast attack craft force than Brazil.

Nigerian military's air defense weapons force is 10 times better than that of Brazils military.

Nigeria will fight Brazil to a stalemate at least.

you see why i said your south african military academy is junk, see how you analyse war and fumble grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:04am On Jul 31, 2013
andrewza:

You do know we building the badger, Agusta a109s and critcal sytems of all our milltary hardwar.

You did perthitic resherch, every year the nastional concentional arms control committee reals a list by class. Class A is a bigger earner than class B. In toatal our arms export was R10,603,748,933.00 to 89 countries. The SANDF has more has close to 300,000 assult rifels and we destoyed a lot of our surpless wepaons most of the R4 were not exported.

Umkontia pruducstion line has not clossed so we that number is hard to give, both sa and finland uses it.

The A-darta could be fired from a cheeta C.

French engiens made in SA, and they could use any engien we just had french engiens so used them. Any case how will a american M1 shoot with out a germain gun.

Again proof you did zero reshearch. The banger uses sweddish engiens

You cliam to be a reshearcher but in truth you a jantor.

you seem to be more foolish than i think, shame on the military academy in south africa that trained you.

Badger IFV of south africa is a product of Finland, http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/new-badger-fighting-vehicle-to-be-assembled-in-south-africa-2011-03-15

Augusta AW109 is a transport/utility helicopter and it has no weapons, so it cannot win you a war, thats my point i said in my post.

south africa has no more Cheetah jets, all sold to Equador, or do you want me to start counting nigeria's 18 Jaguar jets on this forum and forget F-7 jet. nigerian Jaguar jet will change story on this forum if we bring it on, India is the 4th super power in the world and still flies the same Jaguar jets today

for God's sake can anybody please help me find an intelligent and technically competent south african military man to join this forum ? i am tired of this dummies here and i feel like quitting this forum finally, i get tired talking to fools.

nigeria still has 18 of this powerful Jaguar jet fighters, almost new condition in long term storage.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-XHfaZ9qK9FU/UFrEhlvBegI/AAAAAAAAJL0/kNgvgcEriAQ/s1600/airforce-jet-with-rockets.jpg[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:04am On Jul 31, 2013
andrewza:

you dont know? the otmat one of nigeria are not data linked so they only use full in short range. GPS is controled by america those satlites will be of no help. how will your satlights communcat with your ship, is is set up to recieve that data stream. you do know the alour is stealth and has very advance EW sytems, not even the germans, brits, indians, braziln extra can pick it up at that range. The otomat is a very big missiel and would be a easy target for a umkontoa or 35mm. the ardue will be fire whil in range of the exsoset and out dated air defence will be easly pentraited.

i am tired of talking to a fool, but i will try. your foolishness makes me feel i am just wasting my time on this thread.

explain to us on this forum how america controls GPS of the world, including that of Russia and China. you this b.uffoon !

who gave you physical access into nigerian military installations for you to know nigeria has no datalink ?

nigerian navy NNS Aradu's Otomat anti-ship missile have range of at least 80km and is still longer range than south african navy valour frigates Exocet missile range of 70km.

nigeria go two different batches of Otomat, and some sources say first batch was Mk 1 with range 80km and second batch was Mk 2 with range 180km. see end of this weblinks page of Otomat users http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otomat

stop talking about satellites, you know very little about them, south africa does not have any, so s.hut up !

stop talking about other countries electronic systems, no country will reveal their level to you, its always classified and many times done by companies not counted as weapons exporters to be recorded on UN arms sales log. dont fool yourself and your soweto countrymen about deep classified technical things that you dont know.

dont deceive yourself about how NNS Aradu will sink south african valour frigate with our longer range Otomat anti-ship missile, too many radars and satellites on land, air, sea, outer space are available to nigeria today and enough to locate all south african warships 300km to 600km away from nigerian coastal waters.

the fear and avoidance of NNS Aradu's Otomat anti-ship missile will save south african navy from another Seleka defeat, this time at at sea

[img]http://www.gican.asso.fr/sites/default/files/2-6.jpg[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:10am On Jul 31, 2013
andrewza:

The otomat is a very big missiel and would be a easy target for a umkontoa or 35mm. the ardue will be fire whil in range of the exsoset and out dated air defence will be easly pentraited.

since you act like a big shot phone MBDA and ask them. and i know from talking to missiel technistions. 30 years is your averge shelf live.

when NNS Aradu fires 8 Otomat missiles against the first south african naval blockade valour frigate, you need supernatural power to stop all the 8 missiles at once, instead i will advice y.our sailors say their final pslam/bible prayers before they all R.I.P.

please stop posting your personal opinions on this forum as they are tested and confirmed technical and scientific facts. please stop confusing both nigerian and south africans who read your posts, now show me source weblink that says Otomat missile has average shelf life of 30 years. i am waiting for you grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:35am On Jul 31, 2013
andrewza:

And non of the SA tarining team was injuried. The orgnial mission was to protect that training team. Then bozzie escaped because we held the rebels of for 2 days. 200 held of 3000+ rebels for 2 days. That's not bad.

i sometimes pity your mother who gave birth to 'something' grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:39am On Jul 31, 2013
andrewza:

@NaijapikinGidi called you a navy chef and you are angry ! you just called me a janitor and fake researcher but i did not complain. so you dont like to be given a taste of your own medicine ? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:44am On Jul 31, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Can Nigeria fight any conventional war against another country?

Nigeria can invade south africa, and may likely stalemate you in war at home if its next year when our 2014 new navy stealth warships arrive. poachers and illegal immigrants flood into south africa with smuggled weapons in thousands and dehorn your Rhinos, maybe some intruder will soon sneak through south african porous borders and by night disv****n the few girls you have left in that category grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:48am On Jul 31, 2013
Mike..ZA:

nigeria does NOT depend on F-7 jets alone. nigeria has the best air defense systems in Africa even better than Egypt.

you came late to this thread, i am tired of repeating the long list of nigerian air defense systems. go back to previous pages of may/june .

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.