Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,500 members, 7,914,312 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 10:32 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (730) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4498290 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

i dont know which one you are refering to as chinese, but this is my own observation.

first photo Tanzanian rifle is the chinese Type 56 a copy of AK-47 for standard army issue assault rifle

second photo is Tanzanian Galil rifle from israel for special forces

both rifles look alike, but if you view closely...the Galil looks more 'cute and solid' and also notice the Galil gunner's targeting sight mechanism...that tells you the price and performance is different.

They both work on the same prinspils but the galil has better sights, located in a better postion (rear not in the midil like a AK) fires 5.56mm nato not 7.62 pact has a better barrel, less recoil (though a micro carbin would have a tad more reciol) and they made tighter(best word I can thing off). That is why there SF uses it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 4:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

i dont know which one you are refering to as chinese, but this is my own observation.

first photo Tanzanian rifle is the chinese Type 56 a copy of AK-47 for standard army issue assault rifle

second photo is Tanzanian Galil rifle from israel for special forces

both rifles look alike, but if you view closely...the Galil looks more 'cute and solid' and also notice the Galil gunner's targeting sight mechanism...that tells you the price and performance is different.

i was referring to the second one. dem nearly claim wetin no be their own grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:18pm On Sep 02, 2013
agaugust:

even foolish countries of the world like Togo have army snipers that can k.ill at long ranges.

since when did old 1940 world war II sniper tactics become a great topic to debate about ? its nothing special, go read war history of 1940 long range army snipers.
It is not special but it requires a lot of training. Snipers can stop or pin down an advancing full battalion. Togo's snipers are not on the top 10 long range sniper kills,including your Nigeria,
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

Tanzanian army's Type 56 rifle (chinese copy of AK-47 rifle) in Congo DRC war

http://www.armyrecognition.com/tanzania_tanzanian_army_land_ground_forces/tanzania_tanzanian_army_land_ground_armed_defense_forces_military_equipment_armored_vehicle_picturs.html
Please read before you can reply Mr. I said "Tanzanian special forces".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 4:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
chris365:

you've started with another propaganda again abi? Since it has now been discovered that they did the work in DRC for you, you want to claim you built their rifle.

That is a chinese made rifle for your info. So stop lying.

I feel sorry for you. Tanzanian special forces use a Denel made rifle.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

"...the two rifles are different, the two rifles are basically the same weapon...."

twisting twisting...fool grin

see how you contradict yourself above, just because you never want to accept it when you are proved wrong. grow up man, be a mature adult.

gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

You see how @andrew is contradicting himself. If the 2 rifles are different, how can they be basically the same, abeg? You cannot be in and out at the same time now.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mike..ZA:

You should feel sorry for yourself. The tanzanians use and Israeli made rifle.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 4:51pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mike..ZA:

Snipers can stop or pin down an advancing full battalion.

all snipers will run away home to mummy and daddy when they see armoured fighting vehicles coming in their direction grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
Same way the SLR and FN fal are the same yet diffrent, AK47 and AKM are same and diffrent, extra extra. The changes are there.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

all snipers will run away home to mummy and daddy when they see armoured fighting vehicles coming in their direction grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
no.. south african sniper bullets will penetrate tanks grin.. just wait, they'll soon start the propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

Unless they have a anti matrail rifel.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mike..ZA:

show us source to prove your claim. Tanzania is ruling over south africa's head with Israeli and Chinese made rifles Galil and Type 56.

show us weblink source of your claim about DENEL rifle in Tanzanian special forces use.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
chris365:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
no.. south african sniper bullets will penetrate tanks grin.. just wait, they'll soon start the propaganda

Not tanks but IFV, APC extra extra.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
andrewza:

Unless they have a anti matrail rifel.

even without armoured vehicle helping the battalion, 10 snipers cannot stop a full battalion, the 600 men will out-flank and sorround the snipers, then the hunter will become the hunted.

no battalion commander, a whole lieutenant colonel will be a fool, except maybe he is a 33% brain south african army officer grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mike..ZA:

mr "i know military" that knows next to nothing. the Glil ACE is actually israeli made
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galil_ACE

i had to give you the copy and paste since you can't reason independently grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

even without armoured vehicle helping the battalion, 10 snipers cannot stop a full battalion, the 600 men will out-flank and sorround the snipers, then the hunter will become the hunted.

Since when did the numbers change. You said a sniper would run if a AFV came. Now it is a full battalion vs only 10. You changed the paramters. In this case the snipers will conductd there next big role, that of a FAC/spotters.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
1992 somali mission.. no be today wink

5 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:16pm On Sep 02, 2013
andrewza:

Since when did the numbers change. You said a sniper would run if a AFV came. Now it is a full battalion vs only 10. You changed the paramters. In this case the snipers will conductd there next big role, that of a FAC/spotters.

Mike..ZA:

Snipers can stop or pin down an advancing full battalion.

@Mike...ZA said snipers will stop a full battalion.

i said all snipers will run when they see only one armoured IFV coming to k.ill them

i then made his snipers at 10 men, and i removed the armoured vehicle helping the battalion, so let 10 snipers try stop a standard battalion of 600 soldiers ......unless the battalion commander is from soweto, then 10 snipers will stop his battalion grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

@Mike.ZA said a sniper will stop a full battalion.

i said all snipers will run when they see only one armoured IFV coming to k.ill them

i then increased his sniper from 1 to 10 men, and i removed the armoured vehicle, so let 10 snipers try stop a standard battalion of 600 soldiers ......unless the battalion commander is from soweto, then 10 snipers will stop his battalion grin

Well it can. Let's say there is a bridge. Sniper knocks out lead vechile and blocks the bridge. The keeps the people trying to extract it pinded down. Well doing this in calls in accurate arty fire and air strikes.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
andrewza:

Well it can. Let's say there is a bridge. Sniper knocks out lead vechile and blocks the bridge. The keeps the people trying to extract it pinded down. Well doing this in calls in accurate arty fire and air strikes.

do people always have to fight on a brigde ? how many bridges are there on battlefields ? grin

the second battalion vehicle behind will be push the first vehicle broken down forward along the bridge, only south african military academy teaches you how everything intelligent is impossible on battlefield. grin

by the way, ordinary snipers ? which type of battalion of 600 men have no few mortar 4km range artillery to uproot some 1km to 2km distant snipers ? grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:37pm On Sep 02, 2013

[size=16pt]Tanzania's new army tanks...

powerful Tanzania ranked by UN above South Africa in Congo DRC war[/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

do people always have to fight on a brigde ? how many bridges are there on battlefields ? grin

the second battalion vehicle behind will be push the first vehicle broken down forward along the bridge, only south african military academy teaches you how everything intelligent is impossible on battlefield. grin

by the way, ordinary snipers ? which type of battalion of 600 men have no few mortar 4km range artillery to uproot some 1km to 2km distant snipers ? grin

any chock point will do, and the next vechile will be taken out

you have to find said sniper first before you can do that
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again: .

[size=16pt]Tanzania's new army tanks...

powerful Tanzania ranked by UN above South Africa in Congo DRC war[/size]

by that logic rwanda is rated above nigeria, and just because they where chosen to be the brigade comander does not mean they better, but you a ignorant fool.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Capnd143(m): 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
CraigB:

It doesn't matter that you were a pioneer debater. Stüpid is as stüpid does.If you were a pioneer and were wide awake, you would have gone to the thread where the comment was made and refuted it there.

I pasted the link, didn't I?

You say you've been following us, but you chose to be blind to what was being argued here and you didn't care to see why the post was brought here in the first place. I did say it was an example meant to demonstrate that there are negative comments about Naai-geria too; and that "only an idïot posts such" comments as evidence. So don't ask me to suffer your foölishness with respect.

Secondly, seeing as you delved into the argument, the man is talking about his personal experience. Unless you were there with him when he saw a sleeping soldier, you can't monkey up and down.

Thirdly, your soldiers have got killed by Boko haram and attacked at their bases. What's wrong about that?

Thirdly, CameroonPride has argued something similar about Bakassi. He's yet to be proven wrong by any monkey here. So yes, Cameroonians are blowing trumpets through your noses about Bakassi.

Please, don't talk about respect when you can't respect yourself enough to call on the gods of intelligence before you open your mouth. There's no such thing as debating with professionalism here. Just smarts, please. We don't have the time to keep cleaning up after idïots.
since you say you dont debate with professionalism but just "smarts". I most certainly understand your idea of being smart. Perhaps . . , just perhaps your idea of being smart,means amounting to name calling and hob-nobbling. Just perhaps your idea of being smart entails a bizare ideology of refuting facts without substancial intellectual back ups, i didnt in any way support nor refute previous comments made by my fellow contrymen or most respected south african brothers on this the topic of importing comments from other sites, i just aired my candid and relatively unbiased view which i errorneously taught perhaps was being confered to a person of integrity bt little did i know that just perhaps the Oxford definition of "smart" is not to a gargantous extent in harmony with your porputed meaning of smart. Yet am not perplexed but a little moved by your gross inability to decifer my true intentions, you attacked me as you've done to my fellow compatriot without hesitation, calling me monkey, idiot etc without any moral or reasonable reason. This proves to a considerable extent you have bt a little knowledge of the topic at hand. THANKS.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
andrewza:

by that logic rwanda is rated above nigeria, and just because they where chosen to be the brigade comander does not mean they better, but you a ignorant fool.

you mean Rwanda is rated above both Nigeria and France ? we were there with the french when rwandan general was chosen to lead by UN.

Nigeria and France refused to be led by a Rwanda, we pulled out our air force, combat troops, amoured vehicles and artillery....France did the same thing as Nigeria.

South African military knows it is less capable than Tanzanian military and so you accepted to be ordered around by a smaller but better country

tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 6:05pm On Sep 02, 2013

[size=16pt]sit down...stand up...advance...halt..aim...fire...

Tanzanian army orders South African army around in Congo DRC war...[/size]

Brigadier General James Mwakibolwa of Tanzania ; South African Army's new boss

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
Capnd143: since you say you dont debate with professionalism but just "smarts". I most certainly understand your idea of being smart. Perhaps . . , just perhaps your idea of being smart,means amounting to name calling and hob-nobbling. Just perhaps your idea of being smart entails a bizare ideology of refuting facts without substancial intellectual back ups, i didnt in any way support nor refute previous comments made by my fellow contrymen or most respected south african brothers on this the topic of importing comments from other sites, i just aired my candid and relatively unbiased view which i errorneously taught perhaps was being confered to a person of integrity bt little did i know that just perhaps the Oxford definition of "smart" is not to a gargantous extent in harmony with your porputed meaning of smart. Yet am not perplexed but a little moved by your gross inability to decifer my true intentions, you attacked me as you've done to my fellow compatriot without hesitation, calling me monkey, idiot etc without any moral or reasonable reason. This proves to a considerable extent you have bt a little knowledge of the topic at hand. THANKS.

I thought you said you weren't going to debate with me? What happened now? Your guardian angel said "show the you can be dumber than already displayed?"

God, you're an idïot. Professionals get paid. So are you getting paid to be on Naai-raland? grin How much do you get paid, Mr professional monkey?

You view is neither candid nor unbiased. You say a person who shared his personal view is disgruntled. Please give us prove that he did not see a soldier sleeping on duty. Explain what he is disgruntled about, seeing as you know him, right?

Just that for now. The other issues later. We have already argued here about how you've faired against BH, so we'll rest that issue for a minute.

Just simple, clear and unequivocal proof that he did not see a soldier sleeping on duty. If you cannot do that, accept that you are an idïot who should have confronted the guy in the relevant thread - he's not here, yet you say he's lying. Were you there?

You're an idíot who failed to follow an argument and went off on a tangent.

Don't punish me for your dumbness. I'm not suffering foöls today. Mmmmkay?

Perhaps you must look up the definition of "professional" before you look up that of "smarts". Don't you think (assuming you do have a brain)?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

you mean Rwanda is rated above both Nigeria and France ? we were there with the french when rwandan general was chosen to lead by UN.

Nigeria and France refused to be led by a Rwanda, we pulled out our air force, combat troops, amoured vehicles and artillery....France did the same thing as Nigeria.

South African military knows it is less capable than Tanzanian military and so you accepted to be ordered around by a smaller but better country

tongue tongue tongue

France is not and never was pert of the UN mission in mali, unlike nigeria.

France pulled out because there job was done, they were not going to create there own Iraq so pulled has soon has they got the chance and let the UN take over. Nigeria pulled out because they seem to think the best military force needs to lead the mission. South Africa does not need the UN to stroke our ego, if they want a tanzanian general that is not our problem but the foolish nigerians think it is a big deal.

No helping the people of the DRC is more important than a dick measuring contest, that is why we deployed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 6:30pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

tongue tongue tongue

France is not and never was pert of the UN mission in mali, unlike nigeria.

France pulled out because there job was done, they were not going to create there own Iraq so pulled has soon has they got the chance and let the UN take over. Nigeria pulled out because they seem to think the best military force needs to lead the mission. South Africa does not need the UN to stroke our ego, if they want a tanzanian general that is not our problem but the foolish nigerians think it is a big deal.

No helping the people of the DRC is more important than a dick measuring contest, that is why we deployed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
Augustine Again:

no battalion commander, a whole lieutenant colonel will be a fool, except maybe he is a 33% brain south african army officer grin

The only problem though is that snypers are difficult to locate their position and they often have a back-up against attack helicopters and AFV's. Operators around them will often be armed with RPGs or any anti-tank weapons to fire attack helicopters.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 6:37pm On Sep 02, 2013

you do know the tanzanian general is there to coordinate the 3 (currently 2) different battalions and the support asserts, he does not directly control south african forces, the SANDF colonial does, The tanzanian all so haukrainein hinds under his control and reports to a brazilian.

You seem to have zero understanding on the subject matter (not like that is different) you shouldperhapse stop emarsin your self by keeping your mouth shut.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2013

Kai!!!!! Oboi you wan kill me with laff. Wetin be this na.

New african militaries top 10 ranking coming. There's been a new development.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.