Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,568 members, 7,914,468 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:14 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (741) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4498467 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
Henry120: These IFV's all look alike. The badger looks like it's german counterpart, which in-turn looks like the american made stryker IFV. Infact, on some of the german IFV's, they(germans) mounted a power leopard tank gun on the IFV.

Looks can be deceiving, the stryker for example is a POS.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:14pm On Sep 04, 2013
zaandrew:

Had nothing to do with the pic. That is not the same flight deck has the one on NNS thunder. The report cliams the jayhawk can land on it.

NaijaPikinGidi:

Do you realize that the deck you are seeing is exactly for the NNS Thunder? And that's the Nigerian Chief of Naval Staff walking out on deck? You never cease to amaze yourself!

zaandrew:

No it is not. I have been on the flight deck.

that ship with Augusta Helicopter is clearly NNS Thunder.....source below and photo repeated for proof

http://beegeagle./2013/01/25/naval-presence-yields-results-at-nigerias-maritime-frontiers/

[size=14pt]this is one of the reasons why UN will not let south african military command FIB in Congo DRC, they prefer a Tanzanian military commander...UN knows south africa will mislead the whole world

cheesy cheesy[/size]

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
Augustine Again:

can you not see civilized people are speaking
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2013
zaandrew:

can you not see civilized people are speaking

....yes i was just about to remind you that you are not one of the civilized people

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
Augustine Again: .

that ships with Augusta Helicopter is clearly NNS Thunder.....source below

http://beegeagle./2013/01/25/naval-presence-yields-results-at-nigerias-maritime-frontiers/

[size=14pt]this is one of the reasons why UN will not let south african military command FIB in Congo DRC, they prefer a Tanzanian military commander....UN know south africa will mislead the whole world cheesy cheesy[/size]

That is a A109 we never said the A109 could not land on NNS thunder and i dont care about the jayhawk (since you know nigeria does not have them) but i care about the Hind

That is not Thunder or Thunders flight deck

notice in a report that claims it can carry the jayhawk they don't use it

now see the flight deck that in theory a hind can fit on but look at the telescopic hanger size. You want to keep a non navlized chopper exposed to sea spray be my guess you going to take it out of action with out the help of the enemy

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2013
zaandrew:

That is a A109 we never said the A109 could not land on NNS thunder and i dont care about the jayhawk (since you know nigeria does not have them) but i care about the Hind

keep wasting your time. simple mathematics proved your wrong. america lands Jayhawk on NNS Thunder, nigerian Mi-35 Hind is smaller than Jayhawk by a whole 8 feet. keep embarrassing south african navy and people here with your inability to believe simple mathematics of addition and subtraction that your 6 year old son can teach you at home cheesy

anyway, its so sad my @agaugust post is the one that was hidden at the near bottom of page 739 about 3 hours ago. that is why i am now writing as @Augustine Again. i dont know why i was banned, my post was very long and had many images and sources, maybe too much data got me banned and my very long post was hidden undecided

i posted a very long post with sources from nigerian ministry of defence, nigerian newspapapers, nigerian chief of air force, and beegeagle, showing the new list of nigerian air force aircraft to be specially deployed for maritime operations.

the list has

Alpha Jets newly upgraded maritime versions

ATR-42 Surveyor aircraft

Augusta AW 109 LUH now armed with weapons as military version with confirmation from ministry of defence

Mi-35 Hind helicopter gunship

I dont want to repeat those sources so i dont get banned again, and all the details about new nigerian air force ground equipment and new nigerian army APC that arrived and not yet made public lipsrsealed

i dont know why i get banned for posting some new details about nigerian weapons and how they are being deployed or used.

sometimes beegeagle too posts some of these same things and nobody banned him or blocked his website/blog

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
Augustine Again:

keep wasting your time. simple mathematics proved your wrong.

anyway, its so sad my @agaugust post is the one that was hidden at the near bottom of page 739 about 3 hours ago. that is why i am now writing as @Augustine Again. i dont know why i was banned, my post was very long and had many images and sources, maybe too much data got me banned and my very long post was hidden.

i posted a very long post with sources from nigerian ministry of defence, nigerian newspapapers, nigerian chief of air force, and beegeagle, showing the new list of nigerian air force aircraft to be specially deployed for maritime operations.

the list has

ATR-42 Surveyor aircraft

Augusta AW 109 LUH now armed with weapons as military version with confirmation from ministry of defence

I am afraid to repeat those sources so i dont get banned again, and all the details about new nigerian air force ground equipment and new nigerian army APC that arrived and not yet made public.

i dont know why i get banned for posting some new details about nigerian weapons and how they are being deployed or used.

sometimes beegeagle too posts some of these same things and nobody is banned him or blocked his website/blog.

And this means those hinds are being deployed from ships, where sea spray can ruin them. I would love for you to find a pic of a hind on a say a frigate flight deck

The A109 can carry LMGs, rock pods and other light weapons the alloute III could do the same.

Did you quote the article i get banded for no resone some times
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
zaandrew:

And this means those hinds are being deployed from ships, where sea spray can ruin them. I would love for you to find a pic of a hind on a say a frigate flight deck

The A109 can carry LMGs, rock pods and other light weapons the alloute III could do the same.

Did you quote the article i get banded for no resone some times

sea spray ruin them ? you think the whole of nigeria is foolish ? that same marine paint/coating used on nigerian Augusta helicopter can be used to re-paint the Hinds, very simple paint spray job.

desert sand was damaging Apache helicopter gunship rotor blades in Iraq and it was solved with simple rubber lines on the blades. only you see impossibility in all things, do you even go to church and hear about faith ? if you were thomas edison , there will be no electricity bulbs giving the world light today.

i dont care if the NAF is using the Hind from land or ship, all i care about is to tell my fellow nigerians that NNS Thunder can carry Hind helos, and that NAF has listed the Hind as new maritime squadron aircraft.

now that a big FACT !!!

Sharaaap dude !!! angry

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
Augustine Again:

sea spray ruin them ? you think the whole of nigeria is foolish ? that same marine paint/coating used on nigerian Augusta helicopter can be used to re-paint the Hinds, very simple paint spray job.

desert sand was damaging Apache helicopter gunship rotor blades in Iraq and it was solved with simple rubber lines on the blades. only you see impossibility in all things, do you even go to church and hear about faith ? if you were thomas edison , there will be no electricity bulbs giving the world light today.

i dont care if the NAF is using the Hind from land or ship, all i care about is to tell my fellow nigerians that NNS Thunder can carry Hind helos, and that NAF has listed the Hind as new maritime squadron aircraft.

now that a big FACT !!!

Sharaaap dude !!! angry

Do you think I am talking about the fram?

And the they had to fit sand filtters to protect the engein. All this was done long ago by SA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
Augustine Again:

keep wasting your time. simple mathematics proved your wrong. america lands Jayhawk on NNS Thunder, nigerian Mi-35 Hind is smaller than Jayhawk by a whole 8 feet. keep embarrassing south african navy and people here with your inability to believe simple mathematics of addition and subtraction that your 6 year old son can teach you at home cheesy

anyway, its so sad my @agaugust post is the one that was hidden at the near bottom of page 739 about 3 hours ago. that is why i am now writing as @Augustine Again. i dont know why i was banned, my post was very long and had many images and sources, maybe too much data got me banned and my very long post was hidden undecided

the list has

ATR-42 Surveyor aircraft

I dont want to repeat those sources so i dont get banned again, and all the details about new nigerian air force ground equipment and new nigerian army APC that arrived and not yet made public lipsrsealed

sometimes beegeagle too posts some of these same things and nobody banned him or blocked his website/blog

To cut the story shot, can you link us to the source where have you downloaded the picture. Mathematically speaking it is possible, but when we speak about the safety it does not make sense because the structure of the ship has got to be atleast 6m away from the stationery Helicopter. Gunships often move 2-4m before take off because of the thrusting force. So, what about this space?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
zaandrew:

Do you think I am talking about the fram?

And the they had to fit sand filtters to protect the engein. All this was done long ago by SA.

leave engineering issues for the professional engineers to solve. dont go into areas where you are not expert...this is not cooking food as a chef

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

To cut the story shot, can you link us to the source where have you downloaded the picture. Mathematically speaking it is possible, but when we speak about the safety it does not make sense because the structure of the ship has got to be atleast 6m away from the stationery Helicopter.

Gunships often move 2-4m before take off because of the thrusting force. So, what about this space?

you say i dont know anything about military, okay, let me teach you @fighter pilot that helicopters are neither VTOL or V/STOL as aeroplanes, go find out the meanings on google or english dictionary.

i now prove my point with a video, NNS Thunder can carry Mi-35 Hind helicopter. no need of running space for take off or landing FACT !!!!!

reason why Tanzania's army is boss over south african army in Congo DRC....33% soweto brains cannot fathom how a helicopter takes off and land

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxa8stNA2iE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBoegaVK_Vw

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

To cut the story shot, can you link us to the source where have you downloaded the picture. Mathematically speaking it is possible, but when we speak about the safety it does not make sense because the structure of the ship has got to be atleast 6m away from the stationery Helicopter. Gunships often move 2-4m before take off because of the thrusting force. So, what about this space?

If mathematics proves it, what other proof do you need? English? angry angry angry sad
The engineers and shipbuilding professionals that designed, modelled, and built the ship relied on three-dimensional mathematical calculations bearing in mind the possible array of helicopters that land on its deck. Any deck or space related concern about NNS Thunder will need your understanding of ordinary high addition and subtraction ... something your brain cannot handle!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by obainojazz(m): 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
thought the topic was about best military in Africa[which is NIGERIA]but all i have been seeing is tanzania..nns...m23 blablabla.....you SA shld always learn to respect your boss[google is your friend] lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
Augustine Again:

leave engineering issues for the professional engineers to solve. dont go into areas where you are not expert...this is not cooking food as a chef

I am actualy seamanship branch and salty seawater corroding the engien and gears and moister rusting metal is my department.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
Augustine Again:

you say i dont know anything about military, okay, let me teach you @fighter pilot that helicopters are neither VTOL or V/STOL as aeroplanes, go find out the meanings on google or english dictionary.

i now prove my point with a video, NNS Thunder can carry Mi-35 Hind helicopter. no need of running space for take off or landing FACT !!!!!

reason why Tanzania's army is boss over south african army in Congo DRC....33% soweto brains cannot fathom how a helicopter takes off and land

You are ignorant to these facts. You falsly cliam to be a expert but in truth you get all your info from wikpedia. So please when grown ups talk listen.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 8:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
obainojazz: thought the topic was about best military in Africa[which is NIGERIA]but all i have been seeing is tanzania..nns...m23 blablabla.....you SA shld always learn to respect your boss[google is your friend] lipsrsealed

Sorry you have to say why. I mean nigeria has half the budget of SA and doubel the force. Only enough IFV for barely a battlion, crapy fighters, only a small arms manfacoty abliety. Basicaly you are behind SA in every respect.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
zaandrew:

I am actualy seamanship branch and salty seawater corroding the engien and gears and moister rusting metal is my department.

keep wasting your time, nobody except a fool will trust you on nairaland, you tell lies too often cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by obainojazz(m): 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
zaandrew:

Sorry you have to say why. I mean nigeria has half the budget of SA and doubel the force. Only enough IFV for barely a battlion, crapy fighters, only a small arms manfacoty abliety. Basicaly you are behind SA in every respect.
hmmm..words from a bitter fella.......okay,lets see how many of you guys will get killed over there[hope you know Nigeria soldiers dont fail in peace mission....ask un].....wish you guys luck sha...but remember,budget doesnt speak...ACTION does.....pray ur govt dont anger Nigeria..coz that will be the end of ur country..... cool

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
Augustine Again:

Agaugust that is called running take off and I have seen it being done with rooivalk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2wGXDHrHZY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DD2wGXDHrHZY

You are disgracing yourself big time lately. Gunships do not behave like ordinary helicopters.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
obainojazz: hmmm..words from a bitter fella.......okay,lets see how many of you guys will get killed over there[hope you know Nigeria soldiers dont fail in peace mission....ask un].....wish you guys luck sha...but remember,budget doesnt speak...ACTION does.....pray ur govt dont anger Nigeria..coz that will be the end of ur country..... cool

I did aske the UN. They said you ran away from sudan and malil. All so this is not our firs peace keeping mission. There was burrinde and lestho both were succses.

So if you need help fighting BH give us a call.

Budget does speak. It means we got mor capbliets. Has for acstion. Just over 200 South African solders took on 3000 heavly armend rebels and killed up to 800 of them for 15 dead forcing a cease fire.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 11:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
obainojazz: hmmm..words from a bitter fella.......okay,lets see how many of you guys will get killed over there[hope you know Nigeria soldiers dont fail in peace mission....ask un].....wish you guys luck sha...but remember,budget doesnt speak...ACTION does.....pray ur govt dont anger Nigeria..coz that will be the end of ur country..... cool

FACT !!! bros, big FACT !!!

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 11:39pm On Sep 04, 2013

Fighter Pilot:

Mathematically speaking it is possible, but when we speak about the safety it does not make sense because the structure of the ship has got to be atleast 6m away from the stationery Helicopter.

Gunships often move 2-4m before take off because of the thrusting force. So, what about this space?

it amazes me how a nigerian civilian is kicking all south african military men around like a football on military matters, i just wonder what the real nigerian military men will do to south african military men on the battlefield.....naija will delete mandela's nation from the map of africa cheesy

zaandrew:

You are ignorant to these facts. You falsly cliam to be a expert but in truth you get all your info from wikpedia. So please when grown ups talk listen.

thats a youtube real life video of Mi-24 Helicopter take-off/landing ! its not wikipedia story....you big buffoon cheesy

Msauza:

Agaugust that is called running take off and I have seen it being done with rooivalk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2wGXDHrHZY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DD2wGXDHrHZY

You are disgracing yourself big time lately. Gunships do not behave like ordinary helicopters.

world standard for helicopters is that they have 100% ability to take off and land vertically on one spot without any need of runs, any helicopter that cannot do that vertical take of landing has a serious technical problem.

maybe your south african Rooivalk helicopter then falls in that class of low engine power helicopters, no wonder no country has purchased one single unit of the low engine power south african half-french made Rooivalk helicopter cheesy cheesy

read and educate your 33% south african brain http://www.copters.com/pilot/run_takeoff.html

here is another video of Mi-24 Hind helicopter from engine off to start to take off from one single spot without any runway runs and the helicopter is armed....33% south african brain cheesy cheesy

NNS Thunder of nigeria can carry NAF Mi-24 Hind helicopter gunship. FACT !!!

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:07am On Sep 05, 2013
Augustine Again: .

it amazes me how a nigerian civilian is kicking all south african military men around like a football on military matters, i just wonder what the real nigerian military men will do to south african military men on the battlefield.....naija will delete mandela's nation from the map of africa cheesy

thats a youtube real life video of Mi-24 Helicopter take-off/landing ! its not wikipedia story....you big buffoon cheesy

world standard for helicopters is that they have 100% ability to take off and land vertically on one spot without any need of runs, any helicopter that cannot do that vertical take of landing is NOT and helicopter, it is something else, maybe your south african Rooivalk helicopter is a fake helicopter then and falls in the class of under-powered helicopters, no wonder no country has purchases one single unit of the fake south african half-french made helicopter cheesy cheesy

read and educate your 33% south african brain http://www.copters.com/pilot/run_takeoff.html

here is another video of Mi-24 Hind helicopter from engine off to start to take off from one single spot without any runway runs and the helicopter is armed....33% south african brain cheesy cheesy

NNS Thunder of nigeria can carry NAF Mi-24 Hind helicopter gunship. FACT !!!

Here's a fact for you, ou chap.

The ship concerned is a hand-me-down rustbucket.

Therefore, it doesn't matter what you can carry on it or what you cannot carry on it.

Go buy yourself a vessel.

And for as long as you fail to post a picture of said hind on said vessel, you're wasting everyone's time. Which explains your outbursts.

Post picture. Be happy. Alternatively, buy vessel. Be happy.

End of story.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 12:16am On Sep 05, 2013

question : which country flies rusted metal cans 3rd hand and 2nd hand Dakota air force patrol aircraft notorious as flying coffins widow makers ?

answer : south africa
cheesy grin shocked tongue

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by AugustineAgain: 12:20am On Sep 05, 2013

[size=14pt]the rest of africa watches...

as nigeria builds the second delivery of this 2014 super modern stealth multipurpose naval warship.....

Type 056 in lagos construction shipyards[/size]

image of first delivery almost ready in china

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 12:21am On Sep 05, 2013
Augustine Again:

question : which country in africa has 3rd hand and 2nd hand Dakota air force patrol aircraft notorious as flying coffins widow makers ?

answer : south africa cheesy grin shocked tongue

None of South Africa's aircraft were brought back from death. You tried. You failed. You'll fail again. You even confirmed our Dakota was new. Therefore, your rustbucket, don't make noise about. You're the dumping ground of the US. Decommissioned after exceeding its life expectancy, was the rustbucket. In service for 44 years. Life expectancy - 40 years. Dead. Resurrected by Naai-geria.

You're shaming yourself.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 3:05am On Sep 05, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:01am On Sep 05, 2013
Augustine Again:

keep wasting your time, nobody except a fool will trust you on nairaland, you tell lies too often cheesy

You the one who has made statments that he has not backed up with facts. And then completly inores the issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.