Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,631 members, 7,975,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 04:49 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (739) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4542118 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
agaugust: decision to attack M23 rebels.....UN civilian/political leadership

rules of engagement of M23 rebels.....UN civilian/political leadership/military advisers

order to attack M23 rebels.......Brazilian Commander MONUSCO

strategic battlefield plan to attack M23 rebels......Tanzanian commander

tactical battlefield plan to attack M23 rebels.....Tanzanian commander

responsibility for combat victory over M23 rebels....Tanzanian commander

execution of overall war plans......Tanzanian commander

order to battalion commanders to engage M23 rebels....Tanzanian commander

responsibility to engage and defeat M23 rebels.....FIB soldiers under Tanzanian commander

responsibility to obey all battle orders and respect Tanzanian chain of command....inferior South African army moving behind superior Tanzanian army that will do will do most of the fighting.

that is how UN intervention works. FACT !!! go start your research from UN KOREAN WARINTERVENTION and end with MONUSCO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Command

The Tanzanian general does not do strategising and planing alone. He will do that with other contigent commanders from SA, Tanzania, Malawi and military advisers(intelligence) in the presence of the man on top "Brazilian".
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:02pm On Sep 03, 2013
[size=16pt]south africa's DENEL equipped army must obey orders from their Tanzanian boss..FACT ![/size]

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
[quote author=agaugust][/quote]

Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's all falling apart now.

Defeated and losing your mind.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:10pm On Sep 03, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

The Tanzanian general does not do strategising and plans alone. He will do that with other contigent commanders from SA, Tanzania, Malawi and military advisers(intelligence) in the presence of the man on top "Brazilian".

the Tanzanian General will simulate and draw his war plans and a few others including the Brazilian General will only contribute opinions, if the Tanzanian sees reasons to accept their input, he will, but if not , he wont....the UN mandate is on the Tanzanian to defeat the rebels on battlefield...not on paper drawings...he will fight the way he knows.

Tanzania has great war history of defeating Libya and Uganda two powerful countries with one single blow in a full scale war. GREAT FACT !!

Brazil has zero war history in modern times and Brazil has never fired one bullet in any war ! FACTUAL FACT !!!

UN knows why they chose Tanzania to lead war instead of inexperienced and incompetent Brazil or South Africa. MORE FACT !!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:13pm On Sep 03, 2013
agaugust:

the Tanzanian General will simulate draw his war plans and a few others including the Brazilian General will only contribute opinions, if the Tanzanian sees reasons to accept their input, he will, but if not , he wont....the UN mandate is on the Tanzanian to defeat the rebels on battlefield...not on paper drawings...he will fight the way he knows.

Tanzania has great war history of defeating Libya and Uganda two powerful countries with one single blow in a full scale war. GREAT FACT !!

Brazil has zero war history in modern times and Brazil has never fired one bullet in any war ! FACTUAL FACT !!!

UN knows why they chose Tanzania to lead war instead of inexperienced and incompetent Brazil or South Africa. MORE FACT !!

As expected, you are now foaming in the mouth. I am sure you'll post a Seleka picture in no time.

Nevertheless, Brig Gen Mwakibolwa, with more than three decades of experience as a general in the Tanzania Peoples’ Defence Force, is quick to emphasize that while he heads the brigade, he is not the head of the UN force in the country.

“We are part of MONUSCO and our instructions come from the Force Commander of MONUSCO,” Brig Gen Mwakibolwa stressed. “How, where and at what time it will happen depends on the Force Commander.”

1. How

2. Where

3. What time

1 + 2 + 3 = The Brazilian's instructions. Deal with it.

No one cares about your arguments of history and accompanying rubbish at this point.

UN also knows then, why they overlooked Nigeria in Mali.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2013
agaugust: Mechanized Battalion....Congo DRC war grin grin

LWKMD

no wonder A small force of M23 alone is giving them headache
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
chris365:

LWKMD

no wonder A small force of M23 alone is giving them headache

Same could be said of the small Boko Haram. Not so?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
Yeah - run along Augustine Monkey.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
agaugust:

[size=16pt]south africa's DENEL equipped army must obey orders from their Tanzanian boss..FACT ![/size]

If that is how your attitude is channelled, then I pity Nigeria because it has gone through thousands of missions under the command of Generals other than Nigerian born.

Losers always resort to childish games to sooth themselves from shame. I won't doubt to serve under a foreign general. India, Ukraine, etc in Congo are still under the command of a Brazilian. So, what is your point? Just for once try to be objective and earn the respect you deserve. Your fellow countrymen are losing the respect for you by bits, so pull up your socks and start reasoning, or should we say that is the end of you. Come on Agaugust, I hope you can do much better.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: dont mind the retards , they think I posted the link to claim shekau's death lma...the link is there to expose the NA army and her lies, the link is there to close your mouths , it is clear that your army is unprofessional, not trained , no discipline whatsoever..in fact all the succes reported against Bokoharam might lies abi? And they are praising an institution that even a blind man won't trust?.eh eh grin
Last bullet, all the verified actions/missions against bokoharam have been carried by the joint force composed of ? U guessed right foreign armies...jokers. I doubt the USA will call anyone to help them tackle an insurrection on their territory. The NA is simply useless and the Naijans here are empty barrels. The people that have been worked with ur army all have one thing to say: lack of discipline. grin grin grin
Na my foot
You keep disgracing yourself!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by swankyvodamail: 10:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
CraigB:

Same could be said of the small Boko Haram. Not so?
Not just a headache they are getting bleksemmed every weekend is boko haram feast
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

If that is how your attitude is channelled, then I pity Nigeria because it has gone through thousands of missions under the command of Generals other than Nigerian born.

Losers always resort to childish games to sooth themselves from shame. I won't doubt to serve under a foreign general. India, Ukraine, etc in Congo are still under the command of a Brazilian. So, what is your point? Just for once try to be objective and earn the respect you deserve. Your fellow countrymen are losing the respect for you by bits, so pull up your socks and start reasoning, or should we say that is the end of you. Come on Agaugust, I hope you can do much better.

bros please eat the humble pie....the whole of south africa is now saluting Tanzania tongue

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:26pm On Sep 03, 2013
agaugust:

bros please eat the humble pie....the whole of south africa is now saluting Tanzania tongue

A 40+ year old father of three talking out his bum. Even the Tanzanian commander has told you that you are talking rubbish.

You need to humble yourself or you'll forever abandon missions.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:28pm On Sep 03, 2013
swanky@vodamail:
Not just a headache they are getting bleksemmed every weekend is boko haram feast

Exactly that.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 10:31pm On Sep 03, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

Is seems to me that you do not know the difference between peace keeping (MONUSCO) and enforcement (FIB). Enforcement is temporary and in business we would say that it is a project and peace keeping is a process which takes long, that's would be referred to as operations in business. Once everything subsided the enforcement mission will revert back to peace keeping mission. The FIB is not independent from MONUSCO, it remains an inherent feature of it.

you do know it's not about M23 alone. Unless you want to tell me the FIB will be dissloved before all rebel groups are disarmed(which will be nearly impossible)

am not wishing for the war to continue(God knows i'm tired of all theses African wars), but don't expect those rebels to disarm until there's a political solution.

Take for instance, only troops were requested. Now the UN wants more helic gunships.

I'm just saying that the UN is not ready to resolve the crisis cos the powers that hold the UN are beneficiaries of the DRC conflicts.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by swankyvodamail: 10:34pm On Sep 03, 2013
CraigB:

Exactly that.
Yet they come here chest beating as if they are the best thing to happen in africa by the way what do you expert from fellows who had never know freedom of speech until 14 years ago
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 10:34pm On Sep 03, 2013
Fighter Pilot:

The Tanzanian general does not do strategising and planing alone. He will do that with other contigent commanders from SA, Tanzania, Malawi and military advisers(intelligence) in the presence of the man on top "Brazilian".

When the word consultation was used it was you who came blabbing for nothing. I wonder what you are driving so desperately to achieve.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 10:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
swanky@vodamail:
Yet they come here chest beating as if they are the best thing to happen in africa by the way what do you expert from fellows who had never know freedom of speech until 14 years ago

The mind boggles, Swanky.

One can only waste so much time playing with monkeys. Time to work.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 10:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
I miss GOMA and KINDU, the lake kivu which is just at the back of SA base. Our Airforce base was a bit far from SA base. The Nyiragongo volcano mountain and all those untidy makets. Those Piki Piki(Motor Bikes) which are used as taxis. I miss all my Rafiki(friends) there and the language (Kiswahili) is what I miss the most. Mimi Nina kumbuka Congo sana. Mina taka Ku enda Congo mi seme na watu Wa Goma. Lol!! That's a kiswahili.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:13pm On Sep 03, 2013
agaugust:

OMG!! I cannot believe that you are the legacy of the think tanks like Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka. The Nobel man Ngugi Wa thiongo is highly needed to turn you into a think tank.

With this embarrassment.

Chinua Achebe must be turning in his grave.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 11:15pm On Sep 03, 2013
Fighter Pilot: I miss GOMA and KINDU, the lake kivu which is just at the back of SA base. Our Airforce base was a bit far from SA base. The Nyiragongo volcano mountain and all those untidy makets. Those Piki Piki(Motor Bikes) which are used as taxis. I miss all my Rafiki(friends) there and the language (Kiswahili) is what I miss the most. Mimi Nina kumbuka Congo sana. Mina taka Ku enda Congo mi seme na watu Wa Goma. Lol!! That's a kiswahili.

In that case then, you'll enjoy Monusco's flickr page below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/monusco/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 11:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
CraigB:

In that case then, you'll enjoy Monusco's flickr page below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/monusco/

Thanks CraigB.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:05am On Sep 04, 2013
Congolese 'Necklace' ....try wear this type to a party cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:09am On Sep 04, 2013

Congo war kid...this small boy can capture both @andrewza and @fighter pilot cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 1:30am On Sep 04, 2013
Our colours in life and creed! cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by CraigB: 1:45am On Sep 04, 2013
agaugust: .

Congo war kid...this small boy can capture both @andrewza and @fighter pilot cheesy

40+ years of age. Playing games.

I have seen the project accompanying the picture. It has nothing to do with the DRC.

You are an idîot.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 2:03am On Sep 04, 2013
agaugust:

Congolese 'Necklace' ....try wear this type to a party cheesy

It's a pity that DRC, which ordinarily should be a trillion dollar economy or africa's largest economy is embroiled in an un-ending civil war. DRC allows herself to be constantly bullied by Rwanda, a nation 20 times smaller than DRC. They call the conflict in DRC, africa's world war. True pity.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:28am On Sep 04, 2013
andrewza:

no it is not, you got 6m free space that alone is to litel. but there will be landing crew on the bridge, they will need a few metters of free space. the risks are just to great.

and your source does not state the jayhawk ever landed on a USCG hamilton class cutter. They have many more vesseals.

you dont need a source to do simple mathematical calculation of 24m-17.5m = 6.5m.

american Jayhawk helicopter at 19.76m is longer than nigerian Mi-35 Hind helicopter at 17.5m

i told you that nigerian NNS Thunder is Hamiliton class cutter in america and the americans land Jayhawk Helicopters on that same ship and sail with it from america to persian gulf of iran with NO problems and no risk of helicopter accident.

only your south african helicopter pilots are so poorly skilled and cannot land a 17.5m Mi-35 Hind helicopter on a 24m flight deck. foolish 33% brain south african airforce pilots. cheesy

"Between 1985 and 1992 all Hamilton-class cutters underwent FRAM (Fleet Rehabilitation and Modernization) which entailed the upgrading and standardization of the ship's propulsion systems. In addition, the flight deck and hangar were modified to accommodate an HH-60J Jayhawk SAR helicopter.

The Hamilton-class cutters are capable of embarking either a single HH-65 Dolphin or HH-60J Jayhawk helicopter."

http://tech.military.com/equipment/view/89165/hamilton-class-high-endurance-cutter.html

NNS Thunder will carry Mi-35 Hind helicopter gunship with ease...see photo of so much free space the Augusta 109 Helicopter cannot even occupy. simple mathematics 24m-17.5m = 6.5m

now @andrewza, you should apologize to everybody on this forum for your foolish and deliberate mis-information cheesy

Jayhawk america

Augusta nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:34am On Sep 04, 2013
NaijaPikinGidi:

Three deployments to ... Soweto to guard poultry farms? You must be kidding!

This comming from a man who would shoot him self if gived a firearm.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:38am On Sep 04, 2013
Henry120: The Fact remains whether you like it or not, the tanzanian general is ordering your troops around, like a master to his dog.

Fighter pilot and andrewza, when are you guys getting deployed to DRC? The tanzanian is there waiting to order you guyz around like a flock of sheep. gringringringringringringringrin

See unlike nigerians the SANDF is a dissplinded force and has no problems work with outher countries milltarys, I even saluted the brow of NNS thund and a NN officer.

Fighter pilot has all ready said he has deployed 3 times. I work on a ship. No oceans near goma.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by zaandrew: 5:48am On Sep 04, 2013
agaugust:

you dont need a source to do simple mathematical calculation of 24m-17.5m = 6.5m.

american Jayhawk helicopter at 19.76m is longer than nigerian Mi-35 Hind helicopter at 17.5m

i told you that nigerian NNS Thunder is Hamiliton class cutter in america and the americans land Jayhawk Helicopters on that same ship and sail with it from america to persian gulf of iran with NO problems and no risk of helicopter accident.

only your south african helicopter pilots are so poorly skilled and cannot land a 17.5m Mi-35 Hind helicopter on a 24m flight deck. foolish 33% brain south african airforce pilots. cheesy

"Between 1985 and 1992 all Hamilton-class cutters underwent FRAM (Fleet Rehabilitation and Modernization) which entailed the upgrading and standardization of the ship's propulsion systems. In addition, the flight deck and hangar were modified to accommodate an HH-60J Jayhawk SAR helicopter.

The Hamilton-class cutters are capable of embarking either a single HH-65 Dolphin or HH-60J Jayhawk helicopter."

http://tech.military.com/equipment/view/89165/hamilton-class-high-endurance-cutter.html

NNS Thunder will carry Mi-35 Hind helicopter gunship with ease...see photo of so much free space the Augusta 109 Helicopter cannot even occupy. simple mathematics 24m-17.5m = 6.5m

now @andrewza, you should apologize to everybody on this forum for your foolish and deliberate mis-information cheesy

Jayhawk america

Augusta nigeria

Ok. But you will not carry a hind. It has zero naval sytms, no floastion sytem, straps or any thing. And even the jayhawk can only land in calm weather.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 7:11am On Sep 04, 2013
agaugust:

the Tanzanian General will simulate and draw his war plans and a few others including the Brazilian General will only contribute opinions, if the Tanzanian sees reasons to accept their input, he will, but if not , he wont....the UN mandate is on the Tanzanian to defeat the rebels on battlefield...not on paper drawings...he will fight the way he knows.

I think you must attend any military academy so that you will understand how the war strategies whether offensive or defensive get to be planned. No general will not come with his already prepared documents from his back yard, all parties will have their contribution as far as planning is concerned. The intelligence play a very crucial role because they have information about the enermy, their strength, kind of weapons they use, their location, their language, etc.

With regard to the inexperienced SA and Brazil that one I am not going to entertain because we both know where Tanzania stands with regard to combat history. The Tanzanian general might have been appointed on the grounds that he is Kiswahili speaker, has extensive knowledge about Jungle warfare and understand the culture of Congo better than anyone. The eastern part of Congo are Kiswahili speakers and do not understand any English language, majority speak French, hence in negotiations with rebels the Tanzanian general will become an excellent asset.

With regard to the command of special forces, generals do not bother much about them because those ones are operators. Every special force member can operate on his own without commands from anyone, they usually come in contact with the enermy without being noticed and they have their own intelligence and plans which must be integrated to the strategy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.