Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,835 members, 7,938,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 06:14 AM

Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria (11092 Views)

Outbound Money Transfer Service Now Available In Nigeria - Moneygram / CBN Increases Outbound Transfer Limit To $5,000 / "Frustrating Queues @ ATM Centres" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by Tudor6(f): 6:49pm On Mar 24, 2010
zabutt:

WOW, I have received nearly 20 emails since yesterday asking more information about the call centre. First of all, some people mentioned about customers trust on people calling from Nigeria etc etc etc. There is a little perception about the Nigerian fraud (419) or what ever you want to call it. But being Nigerian, you feel it more becuase you know more about it.
wow, i'm glad this is so in your end. . . I wish i could say the same by my experiences and encounters.
Scammers are all over the world, and if people stop doing business in any country because of the reputation, then SHELL , EXXON, Microsoft etc will not be in Nigeria.
You're quite right but no one has suggested you shouldnt do business because of reputation. We only ask that you do a feasibility study and know if your business model will work considering the 'realities' on ground and be better placed to deal with them.
Also some mentioned that customers will not be comfortable talking to a person in Nigeria. But how would they know that the person they are talking is in Nigiera and not in UK. Because when the sales agent calls, he/she introduces himself/herself calling from ALLIANCE MAREKTING LTD, there is no mentioning of UK, Pakistan, India or Nigeria whatso ever.
if it works like this then its wonderful. My bankers though actually informed me where their CC call centers are some are in india.
On another note, what about the banks in Nigeria? Do they employee Nigerians or all their staff come from different palent? How many banks have been scammed by Nigerians working in their banks. If you want comparison, there are more scams by employees in Indian and in Pakistan than in Nigieria.

Hmmmmm
Nigeria is a very big player in Africa people should be proud of it. I can't say any more.
oh, we are proud of our country but there's no denying our shortcomings.
I must thank all of you who advised me on various aspects of the business.
I also got emails from people who told me that they have powerful connection in Nigeria.

I know couple of governors in Nigeria, chairman PDP lagos, Economic advisor of Musa yaradua and couple of other high ranking politician. I dont need them to help me setup a small call centre as there is no oil or gas there  grin
lol, beware of such emails ooo na usually the M.O of scammers.

Good luck in your business.
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by alldone(m): 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2010
it is a good thing let us see our it will work.
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by Tudor6(f): 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2010
maddock:

@ zabutt
God bless you for making my day, this is best gift i have ever gotten from someone i dont know.

@ tudor
See your life, if i were you i would immediately commit harakiri.

key learning Point:
This is to teach you all a bitter lesson to believe in your country inspite of its weaknesses,i am so tired of people seeing the cup as half empty instead of half full.Nigeria being  bad and corrupt is stale news, so do we all kill ourselves because a few bunch are giving us all bad names.All genueine business chap this is an opening for you guys unlike the bad belle people in this forum tudor etal
like i said before, you can keep on ranting. If you choose to ignore a potential pitfall in your journey to heaven, its entirely your business if you fall into.
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by olaolabiy: 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2010
i must confess here,
tudor is the number one person whose comments i like to read on nairaland.intelligent,pragmatic and very practical without any political correctness.she is also well-informed/exposed.
this is the only time she has been silly,if not moronic.so,i forgive her.
may be she is feeling a bit down today.
about fraud,please check BBC website.i mean their iplayer site.then search for the programme called 'FAKE BRITAIN'.it was aired last week-for 5 days.
then come back and comment on this forum.
from fake money to fake cars to fake houses.some big supermarkets are also being used by their employees.
anywhere in the world,there will always be fraudsters.
i t might just be more common in nigeria.
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by busybody20: 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2010
zabutt:

WOW, I have received nearly 20 emails since yesterday asking more information about the call centre. First of all, some people mentioned about customers trust on people calling from Nigeria etc etc etc. There is a little perception about the Nigerian fraud (419) or what ever you want to call it. But being Nigerian, you feel it more becuase you know more about it. Scammers are all over the world, and if people stop doing business in any country because of the reputation, then SHELL , EXXON, Microsoft etc will not be in Nigeria.
Also some mentioned that customers will not be comfortable talking to a person in Nigeria. [b]But how would they know that the person they are talking is in Nigiera and not in UK. Because when the sales agent calls, he/she introduces himself/herself calling from ALLIANCE MAREKTING LTD, there is no mentioning of UK, Pakistan, India or Nigeria whatso ever.[/b]On another note, what about the banks in Nigeria? Do they employee Nigerians or all their staff come from different palent? How many banks have been scammed by Nigerians working in their banks. If you want comparison, there are more scams by employees in Indian and in Pakistan than in Nigieria.

Nigeria is a very big player in Africa people should be proud of it. I can't say any more.
I also got emails from people who told me that they have powerful connection in Nigeria.

I know couple of governors in Nigeria, chairman PDP lagos, Economic advisor of Musa yaradua and couple of other high ranking politician. I dont need them to help me setup a small call centre as there is no oil or gas there  grin

zabutt:

I agree with your opinion. I visited Nigeria twice last year and I am going there again next month. You are right, electricity supply is a problem in Nigeria, but due to the cheap fuel prices in Nigeria, there is not much difference in cost. Like in UK, I pay nearly £300 per month electricity bill. At my home in Sango Otta, we run a small 3.5 kv generator and it costs around £3-4 per day. Obviously a bigger generator for the call centre will come with a bigger price but still the business can absorb this cost.
On the other hand, I have already contracts from major UK suppliers like British Gas Business, EON, Scottish Power, TalkTalk broadband to whom I provide my services from UK and from Pakistan. I don't have any restriction in my contract to where my sales agent should be.
The other issue regarding fraud/scam in your reply can be dealt by designing efficient business process. For example, when one of our sales advisors in Pakistan sells a product, he/she is not allowed to take any bank details from the customer. We have  a system in place, where every single call (out going or in coming) is recorded automatically. So there is a little room for any of this kind of activities.

zabutt:

thank you ola for agreeing with me.

I was a patner with a call centre company called Shine utilities Ltd that went into liguidation last year. At the peak time, the company has 35 employees in London selling electricity/gas with turn over around £1.9 million and net profit were nearly 20%.
zabutt:

that sounds good. We sold TalkTalk business for 1 year and we were their premier channel partner. Do you any idea how much commission we get when we switch an electricity/gas customer in UK. Sales commission ranges between £200-15500 per meter per customer based upon their estimated annual electricity/gas consumption.
Zulfi

I think you have already put too much information here, please remember this is a public forum.

The thread topic (OUTBOUND not Inbound Call centre is explanatory enough)  wink
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by johnhou: 10:59pm On Mar 24, 2010
Zabutt,i currently run a call center in USA,i have thought of setting up something in Nigeria but i figured out that i will face enormous challenges if i dare attempt it.
Electricity
Infrastructure/Amenities
Political Instability
Pricing

How would you feel when there are 30 calls in que average hold time 5 mins and Nepa strikes ? The callers will be so pissed as they will all be disconnected did someone say UPS ,No once internet is gone calls cannot be routed.

If we set up something in Nigeria and Oil workers go on strike or area boys start fighting how do we explain to people who are calling our IVR ?

Imagine the cost of getting an office space in Nigeria ?

Imagine the cost of internet ? I pay less than $200 for the internet connection at the office.

I think Nigeria is not ready for this sort of venture.If you are looking to set up a call center i think you should go to the Philipines,their accents is clear enough,setting up a call center over there is like plug and play.
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by damola1: 11:20pm On Mar 24, 2010
^^^^ you will tell them, we are sorry, but NEPA is on strike, tongue tongue tongue tongue,

seriously, nothing is impossible.
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by johnhou: 11:26pm On Mar 24, 2010
Seriously if Nigeria problems cant be fixed,and you insist it must be in west africa,then move to Ghana.

@damola1

Did you say you run a call center in Nigeria ? What do you guys do ? Outbound or Inbound ? more info will be appreciated .
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by alias64: 11:45pm On Mar 24, 2010

johnhou

Seriously if Nigeria problems cant be fixed,and you insist it must be in west africa,then move to Ghana.

Maybe he should move to Ghana, because, come to think of it, the Chinese are the only Asians Nigeria needs
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by ruemu(m): 8:31am On Mar 25, 2010
@ tudor

i ignore your foolishness
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by ablateef: 10:19am On Mar 25, 2010
It is a very nice idea you ve, i wonder where ur inspiration is coming from.
Nigeria is such a blessed and beautiful country with all the kinds of people you will see in any other country of the world.

Its just so unfortunate that most times, the bad names we get are the ones we give ourselves, i cant imagine a Nigerian discouraging a prospective foreign investor.

But, with the little you ve said, i want to believe that you are a serious minded businessman that ve done your homework well.

Anywhere in the world you go, there are rules and stages in business, Nigeria may be a tough ground to set up a business, but i can guarantee you that the business will surely prosper when you ve paid your dues in building up.

I wish you well.
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by cream2(m): 10:43am On Mar 25, 2010
Zabutt, just to add to all that has been said by the theorymongers,

I ACTUALLY moved to Nigeria and set up a multi channel contact centre based on an Avaya IP platform in December 2006 and all the problems that everyone has said you will face are certainly there, power bandwidth, rent, human resources, etc but this i assure is nothing and you will overcome. The biggest challenge you face is customers which clearly you have already resolved so i want to encourage you to come to Nigeria and set up and the opportunities are limitless.

If you want any advice, feel free to email me
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by Didier1: 11:18am On Mar 25, 2010
@All,

Interra Networks operates a 150-seat call centre located in Abuja to service the private and public sector need for world-class outsourcing services in Nigeria. We provide Contact Center related services to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Consumer Protection Council (CPC), Galaxy Backbone, and the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC); in the United States, we have Mango/Konnect™ and Peezy™ pre-paid as clients.

Please visit http://www.interranetworks.com and http://www.apherionoutsourcing.com for more info.

Also, visit http://www.odinconference.com for info on the efforts being made towards positioning Nigeria as an alternative offshoring destination of choice for companies the world over looking towards offshoring.

Setting up call centres in Nigeria is possible even with all the infrastructural disadvantages, it is not a walk in the park but we are doing it.

@Zabutt i should be contacting you shortly, i believe we can do business.
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by blackcat1: 12:46pm On Mar 25, 2010
zabutt:

WOW, I have received nearly 20 emails since yesterday asking more information about the call centre. First of all, some people mentioned about customers trust on people calling from Nigeria etc etc etc. There is a little perception about the Nigerian fraud (419) or what ever you want to call it.

But being Nigerian, you feel it more becuase you know more about it. Scammers are all over the world, and if people stop doing business in any country because of the reputation, then SHELL , EXXON, Microsoft etc will not be in Nigeria.[/color]Also some mentioned that customers will not be comfortable talking to a person in Nigeria. But how would they know that the person they are talking is in Nigiera and not in UK. Because when the sales agent calls, he/she introduces himself/herself calling from ALLIANCE MAREKTING LTD, there is no mentioning of UK, Pakistan, India or Nigeria whatso ever.

On another note, what about the banks in Nigeria? Do they employee Nigerians or all their staff come from different palent? How many banks have been scammed by Nigerians working in their banks. If you want comparison, there are more scams by employees in Indian and in Pakistan than in Nigieria.

I know couple of governors in Nigeria, chairman PDP lagos, Economic advisor of Musa yaradua and couple of other high ranking politician. I dont need them to help me setup a small call centre as there is no oil or gas there grin

To think the above is coming from a foreigner

[size=14pt]Nigerians (the unpatriotic ones, yes you) stop tearing your country down!!!
A word is enough for the wise!
[/size]
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by DIY: 8:09pm On Mar 25, 2010
Set up your business in Abuja and you will manage well with all the problem associated with your type of business.
Wish you the best.
Fraud is everywhere, you will definatelly see it coming.
I run a sourcing and procurement company, i dont deal with cash.
From experience i know it when it is fraud.
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by zabutt(m): 10:58am On Mar 26, 2010
@DIY

I thought about it setting in Abuja during my last visit. But the problem is that my family live in Ogun and Lagos is the nearest place where they can go. But I am off to Nigeria next month and have couple of friends in Abuja with whom I have meeting to see if I can get some partner who can manage the call centre.

How much the work force cost in Abuja? We need people (male/female) with neutral accent. I found out that I can recruit good communicators in Lagos for around 40-50000 Naira per month. Plust they will earn commission on their sales; that is between 10-20000 Naira per month. How does it sound?
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by londoner: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2010
@Zabutt, sound like you have a great idea there. I'm sure you know the biggest obstacles to your business, ie electricity/staff training. However, these are to be tackled, not a reason to recoil as some others are suggesting. I have worked in a call centre in the past in the Uk, and you will know as well as I do that many and in some cases the majority of people on the phones are either Nigerian, Pakistani or Indian. They are still speaking to Uk customers. Yes, people dont want to hand over bank details, but the White employees face the same barrier. The most common objection to Indian call centres is the issue of communication and not being able to undrestand what is being said or having to stick strictly to a script which doesn't deal with a particular query. In my experence many of the top sellers were actually Nigerians, with the Nigerian accent. Its about the training on how to build rapport before you ask for bank info.

As far as setting up in Ghana, they dont have the issue of electricity, but when an English/American/Australian person knows you are calling from a foreign country especially an African one, they see us all the same, where their bank details are concerned, lol

If you get staff with neutral accents who are prepared to take on English names at work, it may just work out.
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by londoner: 1:47pm On Mar 27, 2010
@All, why all the anger towards Naijacutee? What she said is actually true. The PERCEPTIONS of others about Nigerians is a serious issue. Even I may think twice about doing business with a Nigerian. Not because there are no honest Nigerians, but because I'm not prepared to risk my security/hard earned money to find out if I'm right or not.
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by zabutt(m): 6:02pm On Mar 27, 2010
@Londoner

I agree with you. At present, we are trying to get a reliable broadband service provider in Nigeria. There seem to be quite a lot of companies offering broadband but the speed they offer is not really a broadband speed (e.g. International standard for adsl broadband is around 400kbs and in US, it has to be over 700kbs). But I am sure we will overcome this soon.
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 9:11pm On Mar 28, 2010
@@@@

and adding on that

Pakistan is more corrupt!!!!!!

the ve got 419ners all over the place

so like the nigerians say NO SHAKING BUDDY
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by zabutt(m): 3:21pm On Mar 30, 2010
I found a good running call centre based in Lagos. They have been in the market for nearly 4 years.

www.fbaglobal.com
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by niassawa(f): 11:41am On Mar 31, 2010
@ Zabutt!!!

Am interested in the business, i have a call Center in Lagos. I based in Lagos moreover am a Lagosian. I will be glad to be part of the Business.

Waiting your Respond.
niassawa@yahoo.com
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by awuf2008: 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2010
I have been following the trend till date and
I admire your courage to have muted the idea
of a call center in nigeria. it is a welcome develo
pment although no business without its own risks,
the main thing there is to vigilant and extra careful.
I found it interesting.

kindly send details to me, so as to know if i can have a go at it.
my email add is badejo08@gmail.com
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by goget(m): 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2010
@Zabutt

Your idea of a call center is a great one and dont be depressed kindly match forward. No business without risk and uncertainties. They can be managed effectively.

As regards the last mile solution for the call center you can try companies like suburban telecoms, gateway communications, interconnectivity solutions limited (ICSL) with offices in Lagos and Abuja. they can provide you with bandwidth to a fibre connection.

I can be reach on 08023801905 or jidde_u@yahoo.com.

regards.
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by petroy(m): 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2010
Do you offer service on contact centre that allows clients to call freely (toll free) with the client bearing the cost.

If you provide any, contact mi at the email address below.

Location should be within Nigeria.

Please send mail to paigbavboa@tequilanigeria.com
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by ChyrillStucker: 1:14pm On Mar 15, 2012
Hello,

Actually your requirement is not clear. I’m a call center owner. In case you require telephony solutions I would like to recommend my VoIP provider The Real PBX. You can contact their support team, they shall do the needful in a very economical fashion.
Re: Outbound Call Centres In Nigeria by dumachi: 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
Hello zabutt, feel free to contact me chinedum.amachi@ccsnl.com, you can go to our website www.ccsnl.com. lets discuss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Do Business Without Borrowing? / Naira Down To N1,500/$ In Parallel Market / Afdb President Predicts Dangote Will Become Largest World Rice Exporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.