Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,411 members, 7,891,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:29 PM

Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service (10081 Views)

Atiku Joins Buhari For Jumat Prayer At The State House (Photos) / Buhari Holds First Jumat Prayer Inside Aso Rock Today (photo) / Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by kimibaby(f): 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2010
Breaking News yar Adua spoted on a powerbike, trying to make Friday prayers

grin grin grin grin Aisha2 u r something,
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by Beaf: 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2010
AfricaFace:

Oh My God, this cabal boys will never seize to amuse me.
Well for those of us that understand the politics of this country.

The Idea of bringing teh half dead man into the country in the middel of the night was not scare jonathan or anyone else,
beleive you me , it was an aborted plan for Turai and the special Aides of teh president (the military boys) to do Army take over rule,

Unfortunately Jonathan was able to change the CSO. ask them what happend when the bee of army wanted to enter aso rock with teh ambulance that brought yaradua back. it was open fire,

Why would teh arrange 200 military men armed to their tooth just to bring a near corpse back to his house,

It was a failed coup my brothers,

God is with us

What do you mean by "open fire", was there actual shooting at Aso Rock?
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by agabaI23(m): 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2010
Yar'Adua fails to show up at the mosque
Ailing President Umaru Yar’Adua failed to appear at the Friday Jumat service in Abuja today, dousing tension in the political and security quarters of the federal capital that he will be ending his four months absence from public space by praying at the National Mosque.

Wide claims that Mr. Yar’Adua will be at the Jumat service caused anxiety among Politicians of the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) last night who heard that loyalists of the President planned to bring him to the Friday service today.

A presidency source who wanted to remain anonymous said the plan triggered an urgent security meeting that went into deep hours of the night, the resolution of which was a stern warning to elements of the Yar’Adua inner circle to tread carefully and restrain from plunging the nation into a crisis.

“Ï think a riot act was basically read out to the Yar’Adua team with a cautionary note that they will be held responsible for any security breach in the city and in the country” said the source who refused to read any meaning to the sudden news that the president and his inner team had prepared to appear in public today.

Last night party officials described it as disturbing that the president’s planned re-entry into public life was coming three days before the Senate begins the screening of ministerial nominees on Monday, and a day after the 2010 budget was passed. They also questioned the choice of a religious occasion for Mr. Yar’Adua’s re-emergence in public.

One source said, “if the President would be coming out four months after his absence, it ought not to be at a religious event because that will send the wrong signal.” Mr. Yar’Adua, a Muslim from Kastina State participated in the weekly Jumat service at the National Mosque located at the Central business district in Abuja until his illness kept him from public view.

The ailing President was flown out of the country on the 23rd of November 2009 to Saudi Arabia for a heart condition and has since been out of public view. The issue of Mr. Ya Adua’s appearance became subject of interest last week when two national dailies claimed that plans were afoot for the ailing president to make a public outing this week.
[url=http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5546640-146/story.csp?CSPCHD=003000010000436eubm0000000QrhoubvZt4sV00GC$$rbSg--]Source[/url]
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by greateliso(m): 6:03pm On Mar 26, 2010
dazed
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by dove24u(m): 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2010
Mr President Yaradua to attend Jumat service !!! Allau Akbar(3ce) shocked shocked shocked
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by dancewith: 6:30pm On Mar 26, 2010
I got a call from Nigeria He never showed up
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2010
I await eagerly, tomorrow's DAILY THRUSH  , sorry I mean the "DAILY TRUST"  embarassed

Talk about negative spin-doctoring.  Talk of excelling in mediocrity. Talk of sycophancy. That's the TRUST, indeed.
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by jemmyvibe: 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2010
@ dancewith,

Who says he didn't show up?
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by jemmyvibe: 7:12pm On Mar 26, 2010
How long does it take for someone to be declared a missing person in Nigeria?
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by telmemore: 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2010
Certainly, there will be total darkness so as not to be recognized Shhhhhhhhhhhh silent he's lonng dead.
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2010
We should call this the Yar Adua Watch, march 2010
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by alanbolo(m): 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2010
aisha2:

We should call this the Yar Adua Watch, march 2010
seconded,   let me know when it's been approved by the assembly,
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 26, 2010
You know what nairalanders,  grin grin I think we are the biggest  jokers of this earth grin. It so embarrasing embarassed
The isssue of the presidents health has become a comedy,  Even reading these  made me burst into laughter.
It all shows we are not serious. Infact we have become a laughing stock ad we dont even know it grin grin
We have no idea where we are going undecided
Only God can help us lipsrsealed
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2010
These people surrounding Yaradua will all be sent to jail soon. How can you deceive a nation you claim to respect so much like this? We are been laughed at. Our intelligence constantly been insulted.
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by Fhemmmy: 8:17pm On Mar 26, 2010
9jaganja:

These people surrounding Yaradua will all be sent to jail soon. How can you deceive a nation you claim to respect so much like this? We are been laughed at. Our intelligence constantly been insulted.

Nigeria has moved forward and leaving people behind . . . .Jonathan is the head for now, even though, he is not any different from the rest of the pack
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by ucnduka(f): 8:20pm On Mar 26, 2010
luizworld:

You know what nairalanders,  grin grin I think we are the biggest  jokers of this earth grin. It so embarrasing embarassed
The isssue of the presidents health has become a comedy,  Even reading these  made me burst into laughter.
It all shows we are not serious. Infact we have become a laughing stock ad we dont even know it grin grin
We have no idea where we are going undecided
ONLY GOD CAN HELP US lipsrsealed
God has always helped Nigeria (Infact I believe He has special angels for Nigerians and their prayer points)but we have refused to use the greatest aid He has given to us- our brains. Until we begin to use this asset greatly we'll continue to wander in darkness. Concerning the comments on this thread, what else accompanys a comedy show if not laughter and this 'night of a thousand laughs' featuring 'the cabal' is the funniest so far . Moreover, we were once referred to as the 'happiest people on earth'.
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2010
Just had on AIT that over 70 Newsmen where at the National Mosque today. LOL yet none could match our local CNN minute to minut update Nairaland !-Report. LOL, we no easy oh
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by fyneguy: 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2010
Broken Nuz: Yaradua dey Alausa with Fashola dey chop tuwo shinkafa
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by kiite: 9:35pm On Mar 26, 2010
guys lets remember that the same media house that published this report published a report earlier on that  President  Yar'adua is "brain dead", which of the 2 reports do we now believe? Honestly, I think the media guys are the ones enjoying this "position" the most. It means only one thing to them, sales, sales and more sales.
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by truly: 9:52pm On Mar 26, 2010
Nigerian journalists are far more corrupt than politicians!
Yaradua is brain dead!
   We rush to buy newspapers
Johnathan will dissolve cabinet and appoint technocrats!
Then we see cry baby Deziani Madueke on the Johnathan's list
Yaradua is going for Jumat service!
Oh, on the way, we drop by at Nairaland to abuse Yaradua, his wife and friends

But did we pause to consider this
Did Yaradua people tell us the guy would attend Jumat Service?

It is a newspaper that is telling us the man is going to Jumat and no, did not show up, and without proof

Why do we believe everything read in the papers?
Let us remember what the former editor of Punch told us about press stories
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:10pm On Mar 26, 2010
aisha2:

Just had on AIT that over 70 Newsmen where at the National Mosque today. LOL yet none could match our local CNN minute to minut update Nairaland !-Report. LOL, we no easy oh
\
For ur dedications to tell us when Yar adua is going to reappear, the management of nairaland agreed to increase ur salary lol grin grin grin
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by eros(m): 10:36pm On Mar 26, 2010
INCREDIBLE!!! angry angry angry
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by hotlips: 10:50pm On Mar 26, 2010
What is wrong with attending a jumat if the president feels well enough? Who has passed a death sentence on this man? Which one among us has the power of life and death? angry
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by SOLAADETUNJI: 10:51pm On Mar 26, 2010
Nigeria we hail thee,
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by Virtueways(f): 11:03pm On Mar 26, 2010
long live president yar'adua!!!
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by chidexy(m): 11:05pm On Mar 26, 2010
hotlips:

What is wrong with attending a jumat if the president feels well enough? Who has passed a death sentence on this man? Which one among us has the power of life and death? angry

There's nothing wrong in his attending, but he shouldn't disturb the peace of Nigerians when he does that. Afterall, before he absconded to Saudi Arabia, he never made any news about his Jumat prayers.

Methinks that he's long dead and buried
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by DrDre1(m): 4:01am On Mar 27, 2010
From climbing stairs to Jumat prayers tongue
One day, this Nollywood film go end grin grin grin
Pressmen are just trying to have a field day.
I suspect these their dubious acts are linked with the strange deaths that befall some of them
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by SwtzMinx(f): 4:19am On Mar 27, 2010
.mtchew. . .dz pe0ple just dey take us for a ride. . .n0nsense!
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by Mekzie(m): 6:44am On Mar 27, 2010
@Wales; l like that

They should stop taking Nigerians for granted
sad sad sad
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 27, 2010
That one na final service, He is on his way to heaven
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by Dedux(m): 8:00am On Mar 27, 2010
I cant even remember that person called yar'adua
Re: Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service by knotty(m): 8:43am On Mar 27, 2010
Hoping for glance of Yar’adua, visitors throng National Mosque

Written by Mohammed S. Shehu
Friday, 26 March 2010 22:33
[President Umaru Musa Yar’adua]

President Umaru Musa Yar’adua
Many people who came to the National Mosque, Abuja yesterday to catch a glimpse of ailing President Umaru Musa Yar’adua left the mosque disappointed. As early as midday, politicians, journalists and even worshipers started trooping into the mosque very early in order to get access to the front row or strategic position to enable them see the president.

Those who couldn’t make it into the mosque formed new rows in front of the VIP entrance to the mosque, all in a bid to see the president.

Although Speaker Dimeji Bankole and Secretary to Government of the Federation Mahmud Yayale Ahmed regularly attend the weekly prayers, the presence of former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Chairman, Ahmadu Ali, Former Head of the Nigerian Security Organization and presidential aspirant Alhaji Umaru Shinkafi, Deputy National Chairman of the PDP (North-West), Bello Haliru Mohamed, some politicians and large number of photo journalists reinforced the speculations.

The rush to see Yar’adua, Weekly Trust gathered, followed early morning speculation that the president was billed to make his first public appearance in months at the Mosque during the weekly Juma’at prayer.

“I just came in to pray but my friend told me the President was coming that is why I have to pray here (front of the mosque) in order to see him,” a worshiper said. Weekly Trust gathered that the action may not be unconnected to a report by a national daily yesterday of concluded plans by loyalists of the president to convey him to the Friday Juma’at service.

The speculation was further reinforced by the unusual presence of anti-riot police and road safety officials at the main entrance of the mosque. Parking spaces were also secluded, further giving the impression that the president was truly on his way to the mosque. Even when the president didn’t show up, newsmen refused to leave the premises of the mosque after the prayers until everyone in the front row came out from the mosque.

Yar’adua has not been seen in public since he was flown out of the country on the Friday November 23, 2009 to Saudi Arabia for a heart condition and his subsequent return to the country in the early hours of Wednesday, February 24, 2010.

DAILY DISTRUST
http://www.weekly.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2818:hoping-for-glance-of-yaradua-visitors-throng-national-mosque&catid=40:cover-stories&Itemid=26

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Necessary To Avert Financial Crisis – Tinubu / Edo Election: We Are Disappointed – PDP / Boko Haram Kills Many, Abducts 6 Women In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.