Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,625 members, 7,888,991 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:58 PM

I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! (76415 Views)

Anioma/Asaba People Are Not Igbo / Why Did Yoruba Culture Survive In Latin America And Not Igbo Or Others / Why Do Ikwerre Igbos Reject Their Igbo Identity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by Dede1(m): 6:47pm On Apr 03, 2010
There are many folks from Ikwerre area of Igbo land that identify themselves as Igbo. By the same token, there are fools of Ikwerre that call themselves non-Igbo. The ancestral history had linked Ikwerre with Etche via Uratta. The record had been collected and kept secretly. The day of reckoning is fast approaching in the cesspit called Nigeria when simple identification will decide who continues or disappears.

By the way, I was born and raised in that part of the land and there is absolutely nothing to want.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by KnowAll(m): 7:04pm On Apr 03, 2010
You East Central Igbos, your brothers in the swamps would continue to denouce their tribe if you dont drop this unrealistic and utopian idea of a Biafra state. You make them scared each time u come up with these expansionsit and land grabbing, resource grabbing concept of Biafra. Except if u spell it out explicitly to them that Biafra would only be limited to what was once East Central State.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by Onlytruth(m): 7:38pm On Apr 03, 2010
KnowAll:

You East Central Igbos, your brothers in the swamps would continue to denouce their tribe if you dont drop this unrealistic and utopian idea of a[b] Biafra state[/b]. You make them scared each time u come up with these expansionsit and land grabbing, resource grabbing concept of Biafra. Except if u spell it out explicitly to them that [b]Biafra [/b]would only be limited to what was once East Central State.

Biafra has actually blocked your thinking pipe and rendered you completely moronic. Who mentioned Biafra here now?
Anytime you read up anything on Igbo or eastern affairs you sh'i't your pants. In the other thread on state police, you couldn't even contain yourself to first read the topic before panicking down your views that it would be abused by tribalists and secessionists (by implication). Why not go and learn courage first before airing any views in public. It is impossible to intelligently discuss a topic when you are busy sh't'ting your pants at the mention of Igbo, or any thing that may be remotely related to self determination.
Coward!
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by KnowAll(m): 7:57pm On Apr 03, 2010
Biafra has actually blocked your thinking pipe and rendered you completely moronic. Who mentioned Biafra here now?
Anytime you read up anything on Igbo or eastern affairs you sh'i't your pants. In the other thread on state police, you couldn't even contain yourself to first read the topic before panicking down your views that it would be abused by tribalists and secessionists (by implication). Why not go and learn courage first before airing any views in public. It is impossible to intelligently discuss a topic when you are busy sh't'ting your pants at the mention of Igbo, or any thing that may be remotely related to self determination.
Coward!

Oh boy u dey vez, because I caught out in the other thread, stop thinking like small child. Make sure u proof read b4 posting otherwise boys go just de make u look silly all over the place. No hard feelings na true talk I talk, as long as East Cental Igbos continue with these Agendaless Biafra programme your kIths and kin would continue to deny their heritage. Spell it out to them, and there would be no wahala.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by Katsumoto: 8:07pm On Apr 03, 2010
KnowAll:

You East Central Igbos, your brothers in the swamps would continue to denouce their tribe if you dont drop this unrealistic and utopian idea of a Biafra state. You make them scared each time u come up with these expansionsit and land grabbing, resource grabbing concept of Biafra. Except if u spell it out explicitly to them that Biafra would only be limited to what was once East Central State.

How does a man's acceptance or denial of Biafra reduce or remove his ethnic or tribal affiliation? If your forebearers are Igbo, then you are Igbo. No amount of politicking or brainwashing can prove otherwise.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by Dede1(m): 8:25pm On Apr 03, 2010
KnowAll:

This is another classical display of intellectual deficiency. I know if your miserable life depended on correct brief essay on what former Nigerian region constituted Biafra, your parent will be in the bracket of bereavement. Is this how you could reward your parents for providing you with some form of education?  Pal, you used to making good application of your social order. What went wrong?
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by doyin13(m): 8:30pm On Apr 03, 2010
Dede1:

This is another classical display of intellectual deficiency. I know if your miserable life depended on correct brief essay on what former Nigerian region constituted Biafra, your parent will be in the bracket of bereavement. Is this how you could reward your parents for providing you with some form of education?  Pal, you used to making good application of your social order. What went wrong?
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by KnowAll(m): 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2010
This is another classical display of intellectual deficiency. I know if your miserable life depended on correct brief essay on what former Nigerian region constituted Biafra, your parent will be in the bracket of bereavement. Is this how you could reward your parents for providing you with some form of education?  Pal, you used to making good application of social order. What went wrong?

You Know the last time I had a chat with u, Your mentorer in no other person  than Nzerebe got a warning from the SSS, dont step on toes u dont know watch what u say, u might not know who u are talking to. Back to topic, u should address the problem of your landlocked utopian properly b4 reconciling with other Igbos. Those in the sawmps are in no mood and obviously not ready to share their commonwealth with the money grabbing,  greedy and kidnapping specailist East centran Igbo, Do I blame them, No  undecided
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by Dede1(m): 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2010
KnowAll:

This is another classical display of intellectual deficiency. I know if your miserable life depended on correct brief essay on what former Nigerian region constituted Biafra, your parent will be in the bracket of bereavement. Is this how you could reward your parents for providing you with some form of education?  Pal, you used to making good application of social order. What went wrong?

You Know the last time I had a chat with u, Your mentorer in no other person  than Nzerebe got a warning from the SSS, dont step on toes u dont know watch what u say, u might not know who u are talking to. Back to topic, u should address the problem of your landlocked utopian properly b4 reconciling with other Igbos. [color=#990000]Those in the sawmps are in no mood and obviously not ready to share their commonwealth with the money grabbing,  greedy and kidnapping specailist East centran Igbo, Do I blame them, No  undecided[/color]

If Umuagbai, Obigbo, Ogba/Egbema and the offshore crude oil wells in territorial waters of Nigeria are resituated, Rivers State will struggle to make the rounds as crude oil producing state. You should realize that some of the places mentioned became part of Rivers State due to the draconian and spiteful boundary adjustment instigated by government of Nigeria. Believe me there is not much to want from that part of the country.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by naijaking1: 9:43pm On Apr 03, 2010
Dede1:

If Umuagbai, Obigbo, Ogba/Egbema and the offshore crude oil wells in territorial waters of Nigeria are resituated, Rivers State will struggle to make the rounds as crude oil producing state. You should realize that some of the places mentioned became part of Rivers State due to the draconian and spiteful boundary adjustment instigated by government of Nigeria. Believe me there is not much to want from that part of the country.

That was thanks to Justice Mamman Nasir Boundary adjustjments that zig-zagged back and forth to exclude every available oil well from the so-called Igbo heartlands. All the places with oil well were somehowdemarcated and connected with Rivers and Cross Rivers States even if a lonely road led to it and away from Imo or Abia states.

The oil will dry up one day, but umuigbo rumuigbo will continue to walk the face of the earth.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by RichyBlacK(m): 11:28am On Apr 04, 2010
KnowAll:

You Know the last time I had a chat with u, Your mentorer in no other person  than Nzerebe got a warning from the SSS, dont step on toes u dont know watch what u say, u might not know who u are talking to. Back to topic, u should address the problem of your [b]landlocked utopian [/b]properly b4 reconciling with other Igbos. Those in the sawmps are in no mood and obviously not ready to share their commonwealth with the money grabbing,  greedy and kidnapping specailist East centran Igbo, Do I blame them, No  undecided

You have a right to be stupid, but distorting facts will not help your aimless agenda.

Do you know the meaning of the word "landlocked" or are you deliberately trying to sound annoying?

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/LocationBiafra.PNG[/img]
Map of Biafra inside Nigeria -- Wikipedia
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by KnowAll(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2010
You have a right to be silly, but distorting facts will not help your aimless agenda.

Do you know the meaning of the word "landlocked" or are you deliberately trying to sound annoying?

Ikwerre's are Igos quite alright, where they beg to differ is the concept of Biafra. They don't share your ethusiam and rightly sure they are entitled to their own views after all not all Germans are within the Borders of the German State. The Austrians, a part of France and Switzerland and even Poland have ethinic Germans and are more comfortable the way they are now than to be under one super German state.

But from the postings I have gone through on this thread one can sense assimaltion tendencies from the East Centran Igbo, these unfortunate views not only sounds and looks expanionist in nature, it stinks of it.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by Dede1(m): 1:19pm On Apr 04, 2010
KnowAll:

You have a right to be silly, but distorting facts will not help your aimless agenda.

Ikwerre's are Igos quite alright, where they beg to differ is the concept of Biafra. They don't share your ethusiam and rightly sure they are entitled to their own views after all not all Germans are within the Borders of the German State. The Austrians, a part of France and Switzerland and even Poland have ethinic Germans and are more comfortable the way they are now than to be under one super German state.

But from the postings I have gone through on this thread one can sense assimaltion tendencies from the East Centran Igbo, these unfortunate views not only sounds and looks expanionist in nature, it stinks of it.

I suggest you get grip of reasoning faculties before you establish yourself as a novice. All these east central Igbo, south central Igbo, south western Igbo and north central Igbo are spurious creations by detractors of Ndigbo that found their way to the figment of your imagination. Quit worrying about Biafra and concentrate your energy on the fast dilapidating cesspit called Nigeria.

Sometimes I could not stop myself from laughing at the blind ignorance publicly displayed by a cross-section of so-called Nigerians in order to spite Ndigbo. Does it occur to you to engage in self-criticisms why Igbo is the only ethnic group subjected to unmitigated geographical nomenclatures? In the next instances, it will be Cameroon or Togo Igbo. Since the discovery of crude oil in eastern region in 1951, Britain had infused idiocy in the minds of many so-called Nigerians about a certain ethnic group within the region.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by RoadStar: 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2010
Dede1:

I suggest you get grip of reasoning faculties before you establish yourself as a novice. All these east central Igbo, south central Igbo, south western Igbo and north central Igbo are spurious creations by detractors of Ndigbo that found their way to the figment of your imagination. Quit worrying about Biafra and concentrate your energy on the fast dilapidating cesspit called Nigeria.

Sometimes I could not stop myself from laughing at the blind ignorance publicly displayed by a cross-section of so-called Nigerians in order to spite Ndigbo. Does it occur to you to engage in self-criticisms why Igbo is the only ethnic group subjected to unmitigated geographical nomenclatures? In the next instances, it will be Cameroon or Togo Igbo. Since the discovery of crude oil in eastern region in 1951, Britain had infused idiocy in the minds of many so-called Nigerians about a certain ethnic group within the region.

igbos and their siege mentality !
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 05, 2010
^^
I would not generalize like that. We are talking about a few extreme right-wing reactionaries here hiding under the anonyminity of the internet to spread their neo-fascist ideology.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 05, 2010
wats all these baseless talk for?well ikwere people are very disrespectful and rough.well igbos should have a continent.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2010
In Bini Ikwere means Someones dirt while Igbo means Slave.i see how it all plays out.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by ezeagu(m): 9:45pm On Apr 05, 2010
RoadStar:

igbos and their siege mentality !

It's a joke that you see yourself worthy to dish out generalizations.

tensor777:

^^
I would not generalize like that. We are talking about a few extreme right-wing reactionaries here hiding under the anonyminity of the internet to spread their neo-fascist ideology.

As far as I can see you are also hiding under anonymous, and your country is not developed enough to have any sort of 'wing'.

babaearly:

In Bini Ikwere means Someones dirt while Igbo means Slave.i see how it all plays out.

Yes, it plays out that you should leave Port Harcourt, very, very quick.

All I can say to the three posters above is fuel + fire. . .
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by 006(m): 9:58pm On Apr 05, 2010
Those that say Ikwerre are not Igbos, what do they say about Izzi speakers?
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by AndreUweh(m): 10:29pm On Apr 05, 2010
@Know all: My wife is Ikwerre and a proud Igbo. How about that?.During my trad. wedding in Ikwerreland, there was nothing to prove that I was marrying outside Igboland. The opening and closing prayers were conducted using Igbo language. The wine carrying and other activities were not different from the way it is handled in other Igbo areas.
On that day, The MC, spoke in Igbo and all announcements were on Igbo language.
Hence, do not take away The Igbo in Ikwerre people.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by 006(m): 10:48pm On Apr 05, 2010
^^^
Yeah  right, Ikwerre are complete unadulterated Igbo speakers because they had no major influence from other ethnic groups.  They are complete Igbos, unlike Ika and Izzi that had other influences.
The rest including Aro, Anioma, Ukwuani, Owerri, Awka, Onitsha, Nkanu, Nsukka, etc had little or no influence.

I grew up in Enugu but struggle to understand Izzi, not far away from Enugu, unless they speak very slowly to me; whereas I understand Ikwerre, Anioma and Nkanu at a normal speech rate.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by AndreUweh(m): 11:08pm On Apr 05, 2010
@Know all: My wife is Ikwerre and a proud Igbo. How about that?.During my trad. wedding in Ikwerreland, there was nothing to prove that I was marrying outside Igboland. The opening and closing prayers were conducted using Igbo language. The wine carrying and other activities were not different from the way it is handled in other Igbo areas.
On that day, The MC, spoke in Igbo and all announcements were on Igbo language.
Hence, do not take away The Igbo in Ikwerre people.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by Npoto: 11:53pm On Apr 05, 2010
The Ikwerre man says he is not an Igbo man only when he is in Rivers state. See him any other place, he claims to be an igbo man. I live here in Rivers state and seeing the general attitude of the Ikwerres ,I am of the opinion that they are not Igbos. Parts of these are their lazy attitude to work and the rate they sell their lands without regards for their coming generations. (Igbo man rarely sells a land inherited from his father)
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by Onlytruth(m): 12:06am On Apr 06, 2010
^^^
The day oil finishes or Nigeria divides, only then shall we know the truth. That day, everybody go answer im papa name. No need to argue then!  undecided Igbo people in the so called core Igboland sell land too. So your view is too simplistic.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by CILondon: 1:44am On Apr 06, 2010
Npoto:

The Ikwerre man says he is not an Igbo man only when he is in Rivers state. See him any other place, he claims to be an igbo man. I live here in Rivers state and seeing the general attitude of the Ikwerres ,I am of the opinion that they are not Igbos. Parts of these are their lazy attitude to work and the rate they sell their lands without regards for their coming generations. (Igbo man rarely sells a land inherited from his father)

You can't really blame him for that - considering all the difficulties they have put him through in Rivers state. He is simply trying to survive in an environment surrounded by hostilities.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by igboboy1(m): 10:53am On Apr 06, 2010
zebra:

keep quiet there, you cannot be igbo and ikwerre at the same time. you are either igbo or ikwerre. Just like some people say hausa/fulani; that's a wrong term to use in describing them. It's not possible. you are either fulani or hausa, you cannot be both. Do we have hausa/yoruba? Do we have ijaw/igbo? Do we have igbo/yoruba? And stop calling people daft when you are the one behaving like one.

see this mumu o!! you jus dey yan OPata, your comparisons shows me u are a confirmed daft girl, ijaw and igbo or igbo and yoruba is clearly different

Or are you going to tell me what I am again? Ewu, \

There are various igbo dialects, Central Igbo is spoken by a majority for commonality but if you go into villages/towns they have their own dialect, Ikwerre is igbo, you daft anuman
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by Dede1(m): 12:24am On Apr 07, 2010
babaearly:

In Igbo, Edo means sacrificial slave while in Ikwerre-Igbo, Bini means a pig. I know how it came to be.
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by igboboy1(m): 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2010
Dede1:

In Igbo, Edo means sacrificial slave while in Ikwerre, Bini means a pig. I know how it came to be.
grin
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by purplelady: 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2010
Left igbo is spoken in opobo or bonny don't know which. Are they igbo too?
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by 006(m): 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2010
^^^ Which one is "Left Igbo"?
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by freed(m): 7:47pm On Apr 09, 2010
What a confused Ikwerre man angry
Re: I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! by ChinenyeN(m): 8:36pm On Apr 10, 2010
Wow. . . all these people talking, do they really know who the "Igbo" are, or do they just have their ignorant pre-conceived notions? See how quickly these non-Igbo jump to the aid of Ikwere. Are the Ikwere the only Igbo group that can lay claims to distinction? ma i mafuragh, ogwemonye nhie Ngwa. Ngwa nno ichhe. La mgbamgba erne omelala anyi, nwa ogbede nnwa la ehiefugh Ngwa mbudinu nnwa Ohnuhnu. Unu anufu hnwe ma akala nunu?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

World's Loneliest Man Dies After Avoiding Contact From Humans For 30 Years(pix) / Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / What Is The Mystery Behind Dreadlocks 'Dada'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.