Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,284 members, 7,887,831 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:44 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2143423 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (1334) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by EasternActivist: 3:19pm On May 24, 2020
[s]
Nonsoboy4life:

Then how come the current erosion site in Onitsha hasn't been attended to...despite protest...is it until more houses collapse? Obiano's efforts can never be complete until he takes erosion as emergency
[/s]

For your mind checking erosion site is like changing diapers.

It's not by wrong timed protest, what happens to make hay while the sun shines?

besides there where many erosion sites being worked on and some are completed just during the last dry season.

I believe there are modalities and processes underway but you must come online to abuse and disregard the office of the govt neglecting your own state and its own problems.

let us be responsible please and remember that we are in rainy season and any hasty engagement will surely lead to resources being washed away by the Gully..

And when that happens you will be the first to come and start wailing, accusing the government of fraud and labeling the contractors clueless.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Carlyscales: 3:36pm On May 24, 2020
Rocksvibes234:
How Far has our world Class International Cargo and Passenger Airport have gone.

Show us photos and videos please

Hmm!

Talking about airport construction in this covid economic devastation era may not be the bestoo?

Its already palpable that the worst hit sectors are air transport, financial sector and oil industry.

U need to see current air traffic reports. It's only Lagos and fairly Abuja airports that can survive covid in Nigeria.
All other airports are just gonna be draining public funds post covid.

Infact many local n foreign airlines are definitely going under post covid. Coupled with many business n organisations alreay doing everything to avoid travelling, esp air travel. Which is even less cost.

Infact I believe that importation post-covid will be majorly done in the internet. Because many countries are gonna want you to buy from them. But wouldn't want you to come in person.

So I don't think this is d right time for any state to be toying with airport project.

I would rather support an inter- eastern railway line. That would also connect rivers, calabar and Uyo.

My thoughts though!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nonsoboy4life(m): 3:54pm On May 24, 2020
EasternActivist:
[s][/s]

For your mind checking erosion site is like changing diapers.

It's not by wrong timed protest, what happens to make hay while the sun shines?

besides there where many erosion sites being worked on and some are completed just during the last dry season.

I believe there are modalities and processes underway but you must come online to abuse and disregard the office of the govt neglecting your own state and its own problems.

let us be responsible please and remember that we are in rainy season and any hasty engagement will surely lead to resources being washed away by the Gully..

And when that happens you will be the first to come and start wailing, accusing the government of fraud and labeling the contractors clueless.

The emboldened is the problem..you think I'm criticizing because I'm not from Anambra., Yes I'm not from Anambra I'm from Enugu but that doesn't mean I shouldn't put voice in what is happening anywhere in Ala-igbo be it Anambra, imo , Abia Ebonyi or Enugu.
Like I said now is the main season for erosion due to rain..so are you saying the government should leave working on the site's till dry season when most houses should have collapsed..I still insist that that erosion should be treated like COVID19 esp in this raining season..how many houses should we loose before something is done about it undecided
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 3:58pm On May 24, 2020
[s]
Nonsoboy4life:

The emboldened is the problem..you think I'm criticizing because I'm not from Anambra., Yes I'm not from Anambra I'm from Enugu but that doesn't mean I shouldn't put voice in what is happening anywhere in Ala-igbo be it Anambra, imo , Abia Ebonyi or Enugu.
Like I said now is the main season for erosion due to rain..so are you saying the government should leave working on the site's till dry season when most houses should have collapsed..I still insist that that erosion should be treated like COVID19 esp in this raining season..how many houses should we loose before something is done about it undecided
[/s]

Leave this thread to have some peace. There are erosion sites in Enugu state, and I know that your gov is yet to fix all of them.There are also cases in your Enugu state begging for attention. For instance, recently NBS released stats and poverty level in Enugu state is something every Enugu indigene should be worried about. 60% poverty rate is enough for your governor to declare emergency situation, but no, it doesn't matter. It is being swept under the carpet.

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 3:59pm On May 24, 2020
ANSMEDIA:
Contractors mobilised by ANSG to fix the Nkissi erosion site in Onitsha. Good job

Well done ANSG.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 4:01pm On May 24, 2020
Carlyscales:

Hmm!

Talking about airport construction in this covid economic devastation era may not be the bestoo?

Its already palpable that the worst hit sectors are air transport, financial sector and oil industry.

U need to see current air traffic reports. It's only Lagos and fairly Abuja airports that can survive covid in Nigeria.
All other airports are just gonna be draining public funds post covid.

Infact many local n foreign airlines are definitely going under post covid. Coupled with many business n organisations alreay doing everything to avoid travelling, esp air travel. Which is even less cost.

Infact I believe that importation post-covid will be majorly done in the internet. Because many countries are gonna want you to buy from them. But wouldn't want you to come in person.

So I don't think this is d right time for any state to be toying with airport project.

I would rather support an inter- eastern railway line. That would also connect rivers, calabar and Uyo.

My thoughts though!

Very good response

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nonsoboy4life(m): 4:36pm On May 24, 2020
leicestercamper:
[s][/s]

Leave this thread to have some peace. There are erosion sites in Enugu state, and I know that your gov is yet to fix all of them.There are also cases in your Enugu state begging for attention. For instance, recently NBS released stats and poverty level in Enugu state is something every Enugu indigene should be worried about. 60% poverty rate is enough for your governor to declare emergency situation, but no, it doesn't matter. It is being swept under the carpet.
I don't know who you are but I have no banter for u...every state is poor in Nigeria, leave talk..And for u to even think a statistics that put Anambra poorer than Edo, Osun, Oyo and the rest is correct means you don't know what is happening..As far as I'm concerned Anambra is the least poor state in Nigeria and Enugu, Abia , Ebonyi or imo aren't as poor as described there

But then the above isn't the issue at hand...the issue is that erosions need to be looked into as emergency, no need suffering and smiling.. Imagine waking up one day to find yourself 6 feet below the ground, that's bad..learn to observe if u have nothing to contribute, Anambra land which is the smallest aside Lagos is facing extinction

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 4:44pm On May 24, 2020
Paul Ogenyi, firstly you aren't from Anambra, why are you so worried about your neighbour instead of facing your own problems which are even more. Our government is tackling erosion, even particularly the one that drew your attention is also being worked on right now. So what's your headache?

Face your state, we don't need you to come tell us about what our government is doing. You have numerous problems in your Enugu state, ranging from poverty, ofcourse the same erosion is also in your state and other sundry issues to worry about in your state.

Go to Enugu thread and discuss about your numerous state problems there, because your input here is not needed.

Your Enugu state maybe wiped off if issue of poverty is not taken seriously. That's some more serious than even erosion to worry about. Poverty is more dangerous than anything, so I think you should be more worried about it than anything else.

[s]
Nonsoboy4life:

I don't know who you are but I have no banter for u...every state is poor in Nigeria, leave talk..And for u to even think a statistics that put Anambra poorer than Edo, Osun, Oyo and the rest is correct means you don't know what is happening..As far as I'm concerned Anambra is the least poor state in Nigeria and Enugu, Abia , Ebonyi or imo aren't as poor as described thereBut then the above isn't the issue at hand...the issue is that erosions need to be looked into as emergency, no need suffering and smiling.. Imagine waking up one day to find yourself 6 feet below the ground, that's bad..learn to observe if u have nothing to contribute, Anambra land which is the smallest aside Lagos is facing extinction
[/s]

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nonsoboy4life(m): 4:49pm On May 24, 2020
leicestercamper:
Paul Ogenyi, firstly you aren't from Anambra, why are you so worried about your neighbour instead of facing your own problems which are even more. Our government is tackling erosion, even the particularly that drew your attention is also being worked on right now. So what's your headache?

Face your state, we don't need you to come tell us about what our government is doing. You have numerous problems in your Enugu state, ranging from poverty, ofcourse the same erosion is also in your state and other sundry issues to worry about in your state.

Go to Enugu thread and discuss about your state because your input here is not needed.

[s][/s]
Well, whatever you think..just read my comment and move on...I have told u south east states aren't poor as portrayed...if south east states are poor it means anambra with 14.8% poverty rate is poor too which is not the case...I know they're few erosions in Enugu but those are in the villages mainly like Ezeagu, 9th mile axis but non in Enugu or Nsukka where people live...but in Onitsha houses are been buried daily...is a good thing you said the one I talked about us been worked on, kudos if that's the case.I hope to see the update later

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 4:54pm On May 24, 2020
[s]
Nonsoboy4life:

Well, whatever you think..just read my comment and move on...I have told u south east states aren't poor as portrayed...if south east states are poor it means anambra with 14.8% poverty rate is poor too which is not the case...I know they're few erosions in Enugu but those are in the villages mainly like Ezeagu, 9th mile axis but non in Enugu or Nsukka where people live...but in Onitsha houses are been buried daily...is a good thing you said the one I talked about us been worked on, kudos if that's the case.I hope to see the update later
[/s]

Paul Ogenyi, like I said there are more serious and worse case scenarios in your Enugu state to worry about.

You have a very high poverty rate of 60% in Enugu state, that's close to what they have in Sokoto and you still have erosion to battle with. Don't you see that your own problem is bigger?

That's why I said you should focus more in your state because your attention is needed more there than anywhere else.

Anambra doesn't need your concern because your Enugu state needs it more than us.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 24, 2020
Nonsoboy4life:

You're a nobody..so park one side

You own no single house in Anambra....my interest are on those whose houses are affected

Your advice is not needed here in Omambala.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nonsoboy4life(m): 4:59pm On May 24, 2020
leicestercamper:
[s][/s]

Paul Ogenyi, like I said there are more serious and worse case scenarios in your Enugu state to worry about.

You have a very high poverty rate of 60% in Enugu state, that's close to what they have in Sokoto and you still have erosion to battle with. Don't you see that your own problem is bigger?

That's why I said you should focus more in your state because your attention is needed more there than anywhere else.

Anambra doesn't need your concern because your Enugu state needs it more than us.
It doesn't matter ... I can talk about Anambra and Enugu same time...but for now we're discussing about problems in Anambra..why do u think south east is referred to as Erosion ravaged enclave? Is because of anambra giving us bad names and this is something we should correct...I have said my own..If u owned a house in OSHA you won't be here doing all these

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nonsoboy4life(m): 4:59pm On May 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Your advice is not needed here in Omambala.
You're a nobody..so STFU

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 5:02pm On May 24, 2020
Paul Ogenyi, it is because there are still erosion in Enugu state and also coupled with poverty in your Enugu state.

The problem in Anambra is far less than what you have in your Enugu state, that's why you should face it squarely.

Leave Anambra alone because it is not the reason the poverty in your Enugu state is 60%

[s]
Nonsoboy4life:

It doesn't matter ... I can talk about Anambra and Enugu same time...but for now we're discussing about problems in Anambra..why do u think south east is referred to as Erosion ravaged enclave? Is because of anambra giving us bad names and this is something we should correct...I have said my own..If u owned a house in OSHA you won't be here doing all these
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 24, 2020
Nonsoboy4life:
You're a nobody..so STFU

Leave this thread please.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 5:03pm On May 24, 2020
Nonsoboy4life:

You're a nobody..so STFU
k

Paul Ogenyi, I think you wanna play dirty after your long absence from this forum.

Anyways lemme call chino and his men to reactivate their machinery.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nonsoboy4life(m): 5:11pm On May 24, 2020
leicestercamper:
k

Paul Ogenyi, I think you wanna play dirty after your long absence from this forum.

Anyways lemme call chino and his men to reactivate their machinery.
Who's Paul ogenyi?

Accept the truth and move on

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nonsoboy4life(m): 5:11pm On May 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Leave this thread please.
STFU
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nonsoboy4life(m): 5:12pm On May 24, 2020
leicestercamper:
Paul Ogenyi, it is because there are still erosion in Enugu state and also coupled with poverty in your Enugu state.

The problem in Anambra is far less than what you have in your Enugu state, that's why you should face it squarely.

Leave Anambra alone because it is not the reason the poverty in your Enugu state is 60%

[s][/s]
Anambra problem is actually more...poverty of 14.8% plus massive erosion in a little land

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 5:15pm On May 24, 2020
[s]
Nonsoboy4life:

Anambra problem is actually more...poverty of 14.8% plus massive erosion in a little land
[/s]

Enugu state problem are more, you have high poverty, high illiteracy among others and still have erosion.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 5:17pm On May 24, 2020
[s]
Nonsoboy4life:

Who's Paul ogenyi? Accept the truth and move on
[/s]

You will soon know by the time we start contacting Christian, Chima and Michael. They will soon feel the impact of your stupidity on their Facebooks and here.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by EasternActivist: 5:44pm On May 24, 2020
Now I see your real reason of patronizing Anambra. You're not even concerned about us but only concerned about not having a bad name. Shame to you.

You're not even well at all. You yourself admitted that there are erosion ravaging your villages but bc for you, the erosion is hidden, there is no need protesting and calling on your goverment.
But your hypocrisy nature will deem it fit to insult our governor who has been tackling erosion even to the hinterlands where it couldn't have been noticed, just because you don't want to have a bad name?

Do you see how you ended up mocking yourself?
Now get lost

[s]
Nonsoboy4life:

[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ogenyi1: 5:46pm On May 24, 2020
EasternActivist:
Now I see your real reason of patronizing Anambra. You're not even concerned about us but only concerned about not having a bad name. Shame to you.

You're not even well at all. You yourself admitted that there are erosion ravaging your villages but bc for you, the erosion is hidden, there is no need protesting and calling on your goverment.
But your hypocrisy nature will deem it fit to insult our governor who has been tacking erosion even to the hinterlands where it couldn't have been noticed just so you won't have a bad name?

Now get lost

[s][/s]

Please, we have taken over this matter. Leave the clown for us to deal with. It is now our case to handle

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nonsoboy4life(m): 6:53pm On May 24, 2020
EasternActivist:

But your hypocrisy nature will deem it fit to insult our governor who has been tackling erosion even to the hinterlands where it couldn't have been noticed, just because you don't want to have a bad name?

Now get lost

[s][/s]

Take it easy bro...no need to sweat it out... Erosion is an emergency.. currently there is no erosion ravaging any town in Enugu that deserves immediate attention like that of OSHA...
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ogenyi1: 6:58pm On May 24, 2020
[s]
Nonsoboy4life:

Take it easy bro...no need to sweat it out... Erosion is an emergency.. currently there is no erosion ravaging any town in Enugu that deserves immediate attention like that of OSHA...
[/s]

Kasy, I am from Enugu state, Nsukka precisely, there are erosion sites in Enugu state. Enugu state also has poverty ranking that's equal to the one in Zamfara. Enugu state government needs urgent attention on the state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Niccoloimhotep(m): 10:11pm On May 24, 2020
All of you are mad, idiots

Abortion deserving products cry
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by joeisreal(m): 12:42pm On May 26, 2020
Which expectations has he exceeded? He is falling very much short in environmental management. Improper refuse dumping blocking drains has been the single biggest factor making these erosions worse and yet we appoint commissioner for environment every tenure. Is their work, to identify erosion sites and start working on them after they have swallowed houses? They should be proactive. What is the big deal about environmental management? Looking out for loose soil and planting grasses or trees with fibrous roots. Since they have come out to say drainage systems must be connected, how many have they really connected? People are throwing away plastics everywhere without care. Something that does not decay for long number of years thereby preventing soil from binding. Why can't we enforce laws, make people manufacturing pure water, bottled water, disposable plates and other single use plastics to increase the price and buy back the used ones? Why can't we teach the masses how to compost their wastes in their various compounds, incenerate the others, keep the plastic and bottles for companies to come by each house and buy it back. If the government cannot manage waste disposal just like education before Governor Peter Obi, they should hand it over to the churches. Simple things like this , and black man fails at it. I feel so bad whenever I am in Nigeria and see the rate at which refuse dumps are filled to over five times it's capacity and the government is yet to evacuate it. People should also be flogged for dropping wastes as they are producing it anywhere they are. They should hold onto the waste till they get to a point where there is a refuse bin to dispose them.

Also cutting down tress should be done by government. If the tree poses a danger to lives, you report to the local government.
EasternActivist:
[s][/s]

You're being mischievous.
In erosion control and management, Obiano's administration has so much exceeded expectations.
Get your findings right Mr man

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AuntLaVIV(f): 12:55pm On May 26, 2020
Anambra And Delta State Government Officials Meet At Bridgehead, Onitsha.

1. Set to agree modalities to ensure proper compliance to NCDC Protocols on partial relaxation of lockdowns due to the spread of the Coronavirus Disease.

2. The meeting has in attendance, the Secretaries to the State Governments of Anambra and Delta states, Commissioners of Police of the two states and other government functionaries.

Credit: Photos/Report by Harrison Madubueze

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Maduawuchukwu(m): 1:11pm On May 26, 2020
EasternActivist:

Now get lost

[s][/s]

You are one of the people who give Igbo people the reputation of being too divided and impulsive. The same you who will be attacking Yorubas even unprovoked sometimes in other threads is now attacking Enugu, a fellow Igbo state in this thread. I am sure you will soon start attacking another village in Anambra state. A fellow Igbo made an observation about erosion in Anambra which is a legitimate concern. Instead of you replying him constructively you went ballistic. What did you gain now? You call yourself an activist for a people who you dont even understand.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 1:16pm On May 26, 2020
[s]
Maduawuchukwu:

You are one of the people who give Igbo people the reputation of being too divided and impulsive. The same you who will be attacking Yorubas even unprovoked sometimes in other threads is now attacking Enugu, a fellow Igbo state in this thread. I am sure you will soon start attacking another village in Anambra state. A fellow Igbo made an observation about erosion in Anambra which is a legitimate concern. Instead of you replying him constructively you went ballistic. What did you gain now? You call yourself an activist for a people who you dont even understand.
[/s]

Emeka, he is very correct. Everyone should face their state. Every state have their own share of issues to battle with. Our government is working, we don't expect you outsiders to tell us what's happening in our state. Don't drink panadol on another person's headache. People should learn to focus on their states, just like you need to focus on your Imo state where you have alot of issues at hand.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Maduawuchukwu(m): 1:20pm On May 26, 2020
leicestercamper:
[s][/s]

Emeka, he is very correct. Everyone should face their state. Every state have their own share of issues to battle with. Our government is working, we don't expect you outsiders to tell us what's happening in our state. Don't drink panadol on another person's headache. People should learn to focus on their states, just like you need to focus on your Imo state where you have alot of issues at hand.

I never quoted you Oga. Thank you
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 1:23pm On May 26, 2020
[s]
Maduawuchukwu:

never quoted you Oga. Thank you
[/s]

Did the guy you quoted ever quoted you in the first instance? You idiots should learn to focus on your states. Our government is working, face your own state government.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (1334) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.