Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,827 members, 7,889,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:27 PM

Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo (11903 Views)

Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) / Your Failure Is Personal, Not A Generation Problem – Tinubu Replies Jonathan / Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 6:50pm On Apr 07, 2010
^^^ Lol . . . . Would he be talking abt his meeting with Yaradua there?
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by sleekymag(m): 6:55pm On Apr 07, 2010
Fhemmmy:

^^^ Lol . . . . Would he be talking abt his meeting with Yaradua there?

You never know, in the course of his teachings, he might make one or two references, not exactly like giving details, but more like stating the rationale, you never know,
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2010
Ok, i will try and tune in to the program too
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by mbulela: 6:58pm On Apr 07, 2010
kindly come back and give us an update on whatever he says.
although i am not holding my breath.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 7:00pm On Apr 07, 2010
mbulela:

kindly come back and give us an update on whatever he says.
although i am not holding my breath.

Lol
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by sleekymag(m): 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2010
@mbulela
you are also encouraged to visit the website and get the first hand info, you can do that from the comfort of your chair, i guess. wont hurt to watch a live service online.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 7:04pm On Apr 07, 2010
^^^ Lol . . . u doing a good job of marketing the service
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Phemmmy(m): 7:07pm On Apr 07, 2010
You can't just jump into conclusion on the reason why Oyedepo has refused to talk.
What if he says something and GENOCIDE starts to happen.
What will you do?
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by kosovo(m): 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2010
!@sleekymag
^^^^
i'd Rather stare at the ceiling than go there seeking for sumthing that would never come out. . .
Before going there, he must have signed an agreement or something and Ghana must go would probably have followed it . . jUst saying , i might be wrong. . .

If you are thinking he would spill the beans on sunday, Then THINK AGAIN!
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 7:12pm On Apr 07, 2010
kosovo:

!@sleekymag
^^^^
i'd Rather stare at the ceiling than go there seeking for sumthing that would never come out. . .
Before going there, he must have signed an agreement or something and Ghana must go would probably have followed it . . jUst saying , i might be wrong. . .

If you are thinking he would spill the beans on sunday, Then THINK AGAIN!

Lol
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by kaycee250(m): 7:21pm On Apr 07, 2010
Everybody knows that Yar'adua is sick and cannot rule for now.So what esle do you want to know

about.Even if Bishop Oyedepo should explain or tell you everything about the president's health,you guys
will still talk bad about him.You guys should that as a man of God,he always seek the face of God before
embarking on any thing.So if God said he should go and visit the president who are you to question
God?I'm beginning to hate this forum because you guys are always abusing people.
I wonder what suen or the moderator is doing.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 7:23pm On Apr 07, 2010
kaycee250:

Everybody knows that Yar'adua is sick and cannot rule for now.So what esle do you want to know

about.Even if Bishop Oyedepo should explain or tell you everything about the president's health,you guys
will still talk bad about him.You guys should that as a man of God,he always seek the face of God before
embarking on any thing.So if God said he should go and visit the president who are you to question
God?I'm beginning to hate this forum because you guys are always abusing people.
I wonder what suen or the moderator is doing.

That is why it is a forum, everyone has opinion
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by maimalari: 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2010
am disappointed.soooo oyedepo dey collect bribe.rumors had it that he(oyedepo) has received 5 million US dollars from the kitchen cabinet to lie this lie.Shame on u, God will surely punish u. Anyway, winners chapel itself is a business empire not a church.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 7:41pm On Apr 07, 2010
maimalari:

am disappointed.soooo oyedepo dey collect bribe.rumors had it that he(oyedepo) has received 5 million US dollars from the kitchen cabinet to lie this lie.Shame on u, God will surely punish u. Anyway, redeem(RCCG) itself is a business empire not a church.

And u conclude based on rumor?
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by obelisk(m): 8:05pm On Apr 07, 2010
arrogance or ignorance?

for me the thoughtlessness is not in his silence but in the visit itself.

he couldnt resist the lure of power being a power junky already.
he is a wisdom icon and mentor to many.
no wonder societal apathy originates from the church and morbid gullibility breeds there.save us oh God.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Fhemmmy: 8:12pm On Apr 07, 2010
^^^ Na wa oh
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by tlops(m): 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2010
some pple are jobless they'll cast aspersion on any man in the robe at the flimsiest excuse.

just like the 3 wise men, God told them to go another direction.

I am sure if he has to say what he saw he'll say it.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by eseikharo: 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2010
l
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by marvix(m): 10:17pm On Apr 07, 2010
We have a lot of people with little minds on dis forum.

Yaraduas sicknes is a personal issue and Oyedepo has just confirmed that.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by JoeGaruba: 10:17pm On Apr 07, 2010
without splashing too much mud, the significance of the visit is to validate the continued existence of UMYA.

Its anyone's guess if that was to douse tension or to help their (CABAL's) cause. There is nothing wrong with him saying he is OK if UMYA is Okay. It will appease the folks who do not trust the Muslim clerics. There is everything wrong with him being hand in glove with the deceit of an entire nation. What has he got to hide?

His credibility as a man of God is at stake in the handling of this charade. Let us see if the catholic bishop will talk.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by JoeGaruba: 10:25pm On Apr 07, 2010
marvix:

We have a lot of people with little minds on dis forum.

Yaraduas sicknes is a personal issue and Oyedepo has just confirmed that.

Personal to who? Those who live in glass house should dress in the dark. If you cant bear the scrutiny, get out of public office. Only in Nigeria can we have people making excuses for gross injustice. Any leader of repute world wide would have done the right thing. Do you realize that this uncertainty in the balance of power is discouraging foreign investors which will translate to jobs for some Nigerians and boost the economy? If you follow world trade, you will realize the impact of political uncertainty on market indexes. Lets not call a spade an earth redistribution device.

What is wrong is wrong.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by theviper1: 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2010
i have said times without number that there is something very sinister and devilish about this private -jets seeking bishop.bt b4 u will open your mouth now,u will see his supporters shouting u down. from a secret meeting with yarsick and the cabals to a birthday bash for GD.pple,u can add up the arithimetic. that is my final word.bishop my black backside.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by eros(m): 10:58pm On Apr 07, 2010
Hmmmm. . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by marvix(m): 11:16pm On Apr 07, 2010
@Garba yaradua still has his personal life 2 live, wat do u want dis man to do, a lot of u said he was dead nd buried in Saudi, so wen he was strong enuf he decided or those takin care of him decided 2 allow some people c him nd chose d religious leaders, now d issue is no longer if he is alive nd gettin beta it has now bcom an issue of the pastors must talk. What do we want Oyedepo 2 say, I saw Yaradua and his health situation is precarious and may die soon or wat xactly is d truth we seek I ask Nigerians on this forum. Does a healthy man grunts Amen wen he is bein prayed 4, do we take notice of a healthy person who is abt 2 resume work 2 be able 2 shake hands witout sayin anything. Wat joy wld it giv us 2 c a man close 2 his death on TV, is Yaradua d cause of d problems dat have been with us since d 80s, is it an offence to aspire 2 lead, nd is it a grave sin 2 be gravely ill, a lot of u on dis same forum said he was abandoned in d ambulance dat brought him home and Oyedepo nd co didn't hav their meetin wit him in d ambulance, some hav circulated computer graphics depictin Yaradua, a father 2 a boy who is barely 10 who may not be allowed 2 c his father, on d internet, are we this heartles? If it was ur Dad wld u give up on him recovering? Would u start sellin ur fathers property 4 his burial because he is terminally sick? No I will give him every chance 2 survive, I wld even go borrowin 2 pay medical bills for him I won't start changin title documents because d doc says he can't make it, I would rather believe in God and if someone asks me to visit a herbalist I wld go 4 him, I wld even give an arm 2 c him live just one more day, so y do we want Yaradua sacked? Y do we want 2 hear dat he is dead? Y?
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by JoeGaruba: 11:59pm On Apr 07, 2010
marvix:

@Garba yaradua still has his personal life 2 live, wat do u want dis man to do, a lot of u said he was dead nd buried in Saudi, so wen he was strong enuf he decided or those takin care of him decided 2 allow some people c him nd chose d religious leaders, now d issue is no longer if he is alive nd gettin beta it has now bcom an issue of the pastors must talk. What do we want Oyedepo 2 say, I saw Yaradua and his health situation is precarious and may die soon or wat xactly is d truth we seek I ask Nigerians on this forum. Does a healthy man grunts Amen wen he is bein prayed 4, do we take notice of a healthy person who is abt 2 resume work 2 be able 2 shake hands witout sayin anything. Wat joy wld it giv us 2 c a man close 2 his death on TV, is Yaradua d cause of d problems dat have been with us since d 80s, is it an offence to aspire 2 lead, nd is it a grave sin 2 be gravely ill, a lot of u on dis same forum said he was abandoned in d ambulance dat brought him home and Oyedepo nd co didn't hav their meetin wit him in d ambulance, some hav circulated computer graphics depictin Yaradua, a father 2 a boy who is barely 10 who may not be allowed 2 c his father, on d internet, are we this heartles? If it was your Dad wld u give up on him recovering? Would u start sellin your fathers property 4 his burial because he is terminally sick? No I will give him every chance 2 survive, I wld even go borrowin 2 pay medical bills for him I won't start changin title documents because d doc says he can't make it, I would rather believe in God and if someone asks me to visit a herbalist I wld go 4 him, I wld even give an arm 2 c him live just one more day, so y do we want Yaradua sacked? Y do we want 2 hear dat he is dead? Y?

A lot of who? You are barking up the wrong tree. All I have ever said on this is the clandestine treatment of the health of UMYA portends great economic and social dangers for the country. It has never been my joy to wish anyone dead. Get your facts right and stop generalizing.
SHaron, Castro and even Ill Kim Jong are leaders who made known their medical conditions so that there will be no shenanigans. If the guy cannot continue, why labor the country and himself ?

As a rule of law if you know of a crime and refuse to report it, you are an accessory. Not that being ill  is a crime.  Are you privy to the fact that he grunted Amen and other words? If the guy has nothing to hide, why has his deputy (now acting president) not seen him? Spare me the personal business claptrap. You analogy has no bearing on the issue. Your father's illness affects you and your family. UMYA's illness affects over 150 million Nigerians. What has selling your father's property got to do with the reluctance to declare the state of health of the number one citizen?

Leaders worldwide meet to discuss events and shape policies that affect you and I. UMYA is sick and JG cant leave a vacuum to attend such meetings. The senate (and its president) has not shown much initiative to be entrusted with such responsibility.  Yet you wonder why we have not progressed? It is because, people like you will not think of the repercussion of your actions or in this case, inaction. If he is fit to rule, let him say it, otherwise he needs to step aside and let the nation focus on the path to progress.

Do not be a tool in the perpetration of deceit. You can fool some people sometime,  angry
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by Abagworo(m): 12:03am On Apr 08, 2010
@marvix.i'm cool with your comments but yar'adua ain't my Dad.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by pcicero(m): 1:02am On Apr 08, 2010
JoeGaruba:

A lot of who? You are barking up the wrong tree. All I have ever said on this is the clandestine treatment of the health of UMYA portends great economic and social dangers for the country. It has never been my joy to wish anyone dead. Get your facts right and stop generalizing.
SHaron, Castro and even Ill Kim Jong are leaders who made known their medical conditions so that there will be no shenanigans. If the guy cannot continue, why labor the country and himself ?

As a rule of law if you know of a crime and refuse to report it, you are an accessory. Not that being ill  is a crime.  Are you privy to the fact that he grunted Amen and other words? If the guy has nothing to hide, why has his deputy (now acting president) not seen him? Spare me the personal business claptrap. You analogy has no bearing on the issue. Your father's illness affects you and your family. UMYA's illness affects over 150 million Nigerians. What has selling your father's property got to do with the reluctance to declare the state of health of the number one citizen?

Leaders worldwide meet to discuss events and shape policies that affect you and I. UMYA is sick and JG cant leave a vacuum to attend such meetings. The senate (and its president) has not shown much initiative to be entrusted with such responsibility.  Yet you wonder why we have not progressed? It is because, people like you will not think of the repercussion of your actions or in this case, inaction. If he is fit to rule, let him say it, otherwise he needs to step aside and let the nation focus on the path to progress.

Do not be a tool in the perpetration of deceit. You can fool some people sometime,  angry

Peeps should take a cue from this. BTW, it seems Oyedepo has more foot soldiers on Nairaland than Adeboye. lol grin grin grin
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by snakeeyes: 1:17am On Apr 08, 2010
i really feel everyones comment. but remember that god is mysterious. he alone can raise stones to worship him, he alone can use a harlot to minister(magdalene mary), he alone can use a thief(in golgotta) for his glory and it is him that warns us not to speak ill about his choosen vessels. we dont have that authority to question god. therefore whatsover you view about the ministers of god does not change god's mission and destiny for their lives on earth. we have the power to choose between life and death.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by pcicero(m): 1:26am On Apr 08, 2010
When the news broke out last week that some Christians leaders too would be invited to see the President, myself and a friend decided to draw up a list of likely 'beneficiaries' and came up with names like Adeboye (the most respected Christian leader), Onaiyekan (Catholic Archbishop of Abuja and head CAN) , Oyedepo (a charismatic leader and overseer of one of the largest Christian flocks)and Oritsejafor ( political evangelist). My friend was upbeat that the inclusion of Oyedepo would bring the whole matter to the fore as the man would not hesitate to let the cat out of the bag. He hinged his position on Oyedepo's charismatic characters.

I reluctantly agreed with him though i would have preferred  Tunde Bakare or Sam Adeyemi and i told him pointedly that these two have become synonymous with the recent clamours for unravelling the mystery behind the fate of the President while the aforementioned Christian leaders have maintained criminal silence.

Then, we learnt that Oyedepo and Onaiyekan were among those invited to see the sick president. I read somewhere that Oyedepo had denied meeting the sick president while Onaiyekan maintained that he had not seen any invitation. But a certain Pastor Kure (one of the four wise men) insisted that they had met with Yar Adua but declined to make further comments on the outcome.

Now, we have confirmed that some Four Wise Men (Onaiyekan, Obaje, Oyedepo and Kure) actually went to visit the sick.
These men were indeed invited in their capacities as Christian leaders in order to ensure compliance with the Federal Character.

Unfortunately, i do not worship in any of the congregations where they lead, so i can not ask them any question. But, they must have heard the report of the Islamic Clerics, so why are they keeping mute?
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by lareine(f): 2:31am On Apr 08, 2010
first of all I regret clicking this link but sad I'm already here.

Ok, I saw Yar'adua, he's frail, bedridden, can't open his eyes, he's on life support, bla bla bla.

I guess that's what we expect from Bishop Oyedepo then we'll hail him.

Lemme ask, of what use will this information be to you?

In all honesty, I NOW think it was best Turai kept private her husband's state of health. Why? Cos you are truly not concerned about his well being, u just want something to debate on.

It's just not fair how we all are going about our president's state of health. Can we empathise for once? Can we show love and respect to our leaders? Can we criticise constructively for once.

Maybe if Yar'adua were your uncle or better still your father or even your husband and you were at the receiving end of the heat, you would've thought better.

If you will not pray for nor support his family through this trying period, won't u at least let them be?

There abideth these 3 thing, FAITH, HOPE aND LOVE but the gr8tst is LOVE. Show some love Nigerians!
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by boomii(f): 6:10am On Apr 08, 2010
A Pastor is meant to be a confidential person,If you tell your pastor a secret do you expect him to start blabbing about it. Pastor Oyedepo has done the rite thing, keep mute.
Re: Visit To Yar’adua Is Personal –oyedepo by ziyaun: 7:29am On Apr 08, 2010
archbishop na miliki,pope sef na enjoyment,imam sef all na the same.anybody who still in the year 2010 thinks any man who went to some bible school and has all the verses of the bible crammed up in his head is sent by God and so holier than the rest of us should have his head examined.even tunde bakare that is making noise now is just doing so cos he wasnt invited.how the visit no go personal when first all of them don hold their side and their prayers no work,if oyedepo had brought yaradua back to perfect health na cnn we for watch the video,damn hypocrites,personal indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Vows To Support The Buhari Administration / Ekiti: From Land Of Honour To Land Of Horror-thisday Newspaper / 5,000 Unpaid N-Power Beneficiaries From Kano State Write To Mr. President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.