Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:06 AM

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! - Foreign Affairs (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (1719763 Views)

American Politics For Republicans And Lovers Of Truth And Reason / President Bolsonaro Imported The Devilish American Politics To Brazil(photos) / What Does A Biden Presidency Have To Offer Us-africa Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (4194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
Your soul must be darker than hell itself. So the shutdown that is done all over the world is Trump's fault? Trump built a great and record shattering economy all by himself, the shutdown is the world making, get that into that your 8" factproof skull.
budaatum:

I love the reasoning. Take credit when stock is rising all over the world but when they plummet its nothing to do with you because they have plummeted all over the world. Its like looking through one eye.

Trump must have missed a trick for never taking credit when stock was rising all over the world, though I bet I just haven't found he did.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 9:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
Having affairs is news to you leftists yet your presidential candidate Biden for now is accused of rape and probably pedo very soon but you have nothing to say about that. Your hypocrisy stinks.
ijedeikorodu:
Fox News regular Anthony Tata to be tapped as Pentagon policy chief

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/trump-chooses-anthony-tata-a-retired-army-general-for-top-pentagon-post-1.627084

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/23/fox-anthony-tata-pentagon-203536

Anthony Tata, a retired Army brigadier general, novelist and Fox News regular, will be tapped as the next Pentagon policy chief, according to three people with knowledge of the decision.

If confirmed by the Senate, Tata would replace John Rood, who was forced out in February as part of President Donald Trump’s loyalty purge after two years in the job.

According two current administration officials and one former defense official, Tata beat out Douglas Macgregor, another retired Army officer and frequent Fox News commentator, for the job. Both were interviewed by Trump. Elbridge Colby, a former deputy assistant secretary of defense, was also a candidate, but took himself out of the running a few weeks ago.

POLITICO first reported this month that the field had been narrowed to Macgregor and Tata, and that Defense Secretary Mark Esper had expressed reservations about Macgregor. Bloomberg first reported that Tata will be Trump's pick.

“He’s more affable and has done a lot of different things since leaving active duty,” said an administration official on why Tata was chosen over MacGregor.

A Pentagon spokesperson referred questions to the White House. A White House spokesperson said they don't comment on personnel, and Tata did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Tata is best known as an avid Trump defender and author of the “Threat” adventure series. He has been featured in Trump tweets for lauding the president on Fox News, where he has spoken out about Trump’s firing of Navy Secretary Richard Spencer over the war crimes case of former Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher, and also about Trump’s decision to send troops to the U.S.-Mexico border.

Tata retired from the Army in 2008 after an Army probe found he had been having affairs with “at least two” women, the News & Observer reported. He served as North Carolina transportation secretary but resigned in 2015, citing a need to spend more time with his family and the demands of his side career as a novelist. He also considered running for Congress.

Trump always hires the best, seems Fox News channel is the vetting place for most of Trump's people

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 9:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
budaatum:

I love the reasoning. Take credit when stock is rising all over the world but when they plummet its nothing to do with you because they have plummeted all over the world. Its like looking through one eye.

Trump must have missed a trick for never taking credit when stock was rising all over the world, though I bet I just haven't found he did.
I asked you a simple question, what exactly did Trump do to affect the global oil prices downtrend? Please answer and stop pestering me with nonsensical liberal gibberish

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 9:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Obrigardo:

No you are the clown. Clowns make a lot of noises and needless praises even for the most foolish things thats so basic and common sense. Your hypocrisy is like sunlight, because clowns have no shame.... There must something you will say to defend this corruption. People like you shouldn't be anywhere near something that can outwardly display your cowardice
After trying for hours to make any sense out of this your epistle of gibberish, sorry I failed to make any.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 9:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
What do you expect you this 2+2=1liberal?

Let me break it down to liquid food for you since you are an infant.

When people are on lockdown in their homes, that means they can't go to work and if they can't work, it means they are out of work. In the nation of 320 millions, thank God we are not 160 million out of job yet.

A vip in hell is definitely reserved for you evil Democrats for blaming Trump for all the problems you are causing.

You said shut down the country, we did and now you are complaining. Trump said it's time to start reopening and you are complaining that we shouldn't reopen. What exactly do you want, you evil souls?
budaatum:
"Fake news, most definitely", says the trumpist. "There's no 26.4 million people out of work and if there are, they are all democrats who don't want to work!"

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 10:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
Zombie, i dare you to mention one time Trump has gone against the constitution.

Your poultry brain is mouldy and needs cleaning.

You Trump haters here are either illegal immigrants or people who have failed in all your ways.
Obrigardo:

Constitution like your u shaped mouth. Who told you trump knows anything about the US constitution. Don't be this daft

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
What kind of forum has nl turned into, where conspiracy theories are sold out as facts to gullible people who believe them. Seun, this is no longer about having different point of views, but spreading false information. Wowcatty's account should be banned. It's actually scary seeing him get an average of 2-5 likes on every post he makes

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
The word Conspiracy was introduce by CIA to the mockingbird media to label people who were asking questions about the deepstate atrocities.

How do you know it's false information, you mad dog?

Even the few likes I'm getting is bothering you? Then I must be doing something right.

You are intolerant and can't handle the truth. Why am I not calling for y'all accounts to be banned when I know your posts are due to insanity? My side is tolerant and you know that everything I'm saying is true.
fieryy:
What kind of forum has nl turned into, where conspiracy theories are sold out as facts to gullible people who believe them. Seun, this is no longer about having different point of views, but spreading false information. Wowcatty's account should be banned. It's actually scary seeing him get an average of 2-5 likes on every post he makes

7 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
wowcatty:
The word Conspiracy was introduce by CIA to the mockingbird media to label people who were asking questions about the deepstate atrocities.

Even the few likes I'm getting is bothering you? Then I must be doing something right.

You are intolerant and can't handle the truth. Why am I not calling for y'all accounts to be banned when I know your posts are due to insanity? My side is tolerant and you know that everything I'm saying is true.
It's bothers me that ONE person believes you, therefore I consider 2 - 5 a lot

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
garetz:

I asked you a simple question, what exactly did Trump do to affect the global oil prices downtrend? Please answer and stop pestering me with nonsensical liberal gibberish
Trump did nothing to affect the global oil price downtrend, and he did nothing for the rise in the stockmarket he kept taking credit for.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 10:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nairaland is not a nanny forum, if you are a toddler, you need to leave!

This speaks to your level of intolerance. While the side you are tell bold face lies and we let them, you want to silence others. People like you don't belong in a free world, you need to go to China or n.Korea where you will be told what to do 24/7.
fieryy:

It's bothers me that ONE person believes you, therefore I consider 2 - 5 a lot

7 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 10:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
wowcatty:

When people are on lockdown in their homes, that means they can't go to work and if they can't work, it means they are out of work. In the nation of 320 millions, thank God we are not 160 million out of job yet.
I'm absolutely certain they would go to work when they have died, in a trump world.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by wowcatty: 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
Red states are ready to go back to work. Your blue world like new York is where they are dying and that's the only place you can destroy.
budaatum:

I'm absolutely certain they would go to work when they have died, in a trump world.

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 11:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
wowcatty:
Red states are ready to go back to work. Your blue world like new York is where they are dying and that's the only place you can destroy.
Its a democratic virus afterall. And only democrats live in New York. And those dying in other states are New Yorkans who travelled out. And those dying all around the world wore blue.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by budaatum: 2:48am On Apr 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 5:30am On Apr 24, 2020
wowcatty:
Zombie, i dare you to mention one time Trump has gone against the constitution.

Your poultry brain is mouldy and needs cleaning.

You Trump haters here are either illegal immigrants or people who have failed in all their ways.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 5:31am On Apr 24, 2020
wowcatty:

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Obrigardo: 5:32am On Apr 24, 2020
wowcatty:

Have you injected yourself with Lysol today? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by basilico: 9:13am On Apr 24, 2020
wowcatty:

Liberals never know what truth is even if its staring at them point blank.
Their truth to the is what they have been brainwashed into thinking.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijedeikorodu(m): 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
Please let's give it to President Prof. Dr. Donald J. Trump, medical suggestions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqI5_jH-AbY

President Trump Wondered Out Loud If Injecting Disinfectant Could Cure COVID-19

On Thursday evening, after the Labor Department reported that 4.4 millionAmericans filed jobless claims in the past week, California announced its deadliest day since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, and New York City’s top health official estimated that a million New Yorkers have already been exposed to the virus, President Donald Trump speculated about the possibility of curing COVID-19 patients by injecting them with disinfectant or exposing the insides of their bodies to ultraviolet light.

Trump’s comments at the daily coronavirus task force briefing came after William Bryan, the Department of Homeland Security under secretary for science and technology, gave a presentation about new research into how long the virus can survive under different environmental conditions. According to Bryan, “emerging results” show that the virus degrades faster in warmer temperatures and higher humidity, and that it dies quickest when exposed to direct sunlight. However, Bryan was careful to say that it would be “irresponsible” to suggest this means summer should be a “free-for-all.” He also noted that bleach and ammonia are effective ways to kill the virus on surfaces.

Trump quickly seized on the findings to brag that he had once predicted the virus would “go away” when exposed to heat. (“I think when we get into April, in the warmer weather, that has a very negative effect on that and that type of a virus,” he said in one interview in February. “So let’s see what happens, but I think it’s going to work out fine.”) But then, of course, Trump could not resist pushing beyond what the science says, noting that he has asked DHS science officials to examine whether UV light can be used to “hit the body” or somehow used “inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way.”

“And I think you said you’re going to test that too?” he asked Bryan.

“We’ll get the right folks equipped,” Bryan responded noncommittally.

“I see the disinfectant knocks it out in a minute,” Trump continued, now entering magical thinking mode. “And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside, or, almost, a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs.”

Though he was more measured than Trump, Vice President Mike Pence also tried to spin a sunny scenario, based on several factors, that “could well give us a summer respite from the coronavirus.”

(Scientists, for the record, are still unsure of how the heat of summer will affect the coronavirus. Two weeks ago, the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine published a report saying that while some laboratory data suggests that higher temperatures and humidity levels kill the virus faster, many other factors influence its transmission between humans in the “real world.“)

At one point, Trump mused to Dr. Deborah Birx, the response coordinator for the White House Coronavirus Task Force, “I would like you to speak to the medical doctors to see if there’s any way that you can apply light and heat to cure.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by A40(m): 3:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
This Trump no go kill person oh. From Chloroquine to injecting Lysol. Next thing na cyanide grin grin

Baba Suwe President

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijedeikorodu(m): 3:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
Trump owes tens of millions to the Bank of China — and the loan is due soon

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/24/trump-biden-china-debt-205475

Donald Trump is warning “China will own the United States” if Joe Biden is elected president.

But Trump himself is tens of millions of dollars in debt to China: In 2012, his real estate partner refinanced one of Trump’s most prized New York buildings for almost $1 billion. The debt includes $211 million from the state-owned Bank of China — its first loan of this kind in the U.S. — which matures in the middle of what could be Trump’s second term, financial records show.

Steps away from Trump Tower in Manhattan, the 43-story 1290 Avenue of the Americas skyscraper spans an entire city block. Trump owns a 30 percent stake in the property valued at more than $1 billion, making it one of the priciest addresses in his portfolio, according to his financial disclosures.

Trump’s ownership of the building received a smattering of attention before and after his 2016 campaign. But the arrangement with the Bank of China — and its impending due date in 2022 — has gone largely unnoticed.

The revelation complicates one of Trump’s emerging campaign attacks against Biden: that the former vice president would be a gift to the Communist country and America’s chief economic rival.
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijedeikorodu(m): 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
A40:
This Trump no go kill person oh. From Chloroquine to injecting Lysol. Next thing na cyanide grin grin

Baba Suwe President

Even the manufacturer issued a warning - before Trump's numerous disciples start to inject themselves

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-24/reckitt-warns-against-using-disinfectants-to-treat-coronavirus?utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_medium=social&utm_content=politics&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-politics

Lysol, Dettol Warn Against Using Disinfectants to Treat Coronavirus

Lysol and Dettol maker Reckitt Benckiser Plc has stated that “under no circumstance” should its disinfectant products be administered into the human body, through injection, ingestion or any other route.

The company issued the advice on Friday morning, after being asked whether internal administration of disinfectants “may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus”, amid recent speculation and social media activity.

On Thursday U.S. President Donald Trump had expressed interest in research presented by Bill Bryan, an undersecretary at the Department of Homeland Security on whether exposure to humidity or heat kills the virus at a faster pace. Trump had also mentioned the potential use of disinfectant for the coronavirus.

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 4:59pm On Apr 24, 2020
ijedeikorodu:
Trump owes tens of millions to the Bank of China — and the loan is due soon

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/24/trump-biden-china-debt-205475

Donald Trump is warning “China will own the United States” if Joe Biden is elected president.

But Trump himself is tens of millions of dollars in debt to China: In 2012, his real estate partner refinanced one of Trump’s most prized New York buildings for almost $1 billion. The debt includes $211 million from the state-owned Bank of China — its first loan of this kind in the U.S. — which matures in the middle of what could be Trump’s second term, financial records show.

Steps away from Trump Tower in Manhattan, the 43-story 1290 Avenue of the Americas skyscraper spans an entire city block. Trump owns a 30 percent stake in the property valued at more than $1 billion, making it one of the priciest addresses in his portfolio, according to his financial disclosures.

Trump’s ownership of the building received a smattering of attention before and after his 2016 campaign. But the arrangement with the Bank of China — and its impending due date in 2022 — has gone largely unnoticed.

The revelation complicates one of Trump’s emerging campaign attacks against Biden: that the former vice president would be a gift to the Communist country and America’s chief economic rival.
You can see how stupid fake news can be and liberals will still gulp it down because they're all brainwashed ignoramuses. How can a headline say "Trump owes" then when you go on to read the story it says that it was his real estate partner that borrowed money from China. So if your business partner borrows money to execute a contract you gave him then you're the one owing? I am sure you didn't even read beyond the headline before rushing to post this story here because TDS won't allow you see clearly. Just like basilico said up there, "Liberals never know what truth is even if its staring at them point blank. Their truth is whatever they have been brainwashed into thinking."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by A40(m): 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
ijedeikorodu:

Even the manufacturer issued a warning - before Trump's numerous disciples start to inject themselves

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-24/reckitt-warns-against-using-disinfectants-to-treat-coronavirus?utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_medium=social&utm_content=politics&cmpid%3D=socialflow-twitter-politics

Lysol and Dettol maker Reckitt Benckiser Plc has stated that “under no circumstance” should its disinfectant products be administered into the human body, through injection, ingestion or any other route.

The company issued the advice on Friday morning, after being asked whether internal administration of disinfectants “may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus”, amid recent speculation and social media activity.

On Thursday U.S. President Donald Trump had expressed interest in research presented by Bill Bryan, an undersecretary at the Department of Homeland Security on whether exposure to humidity or heat kills the virus at a faster pace. Trump had also mentioned the potential use of disinfectant for the coronavirus.
Can't he just shut up for ten seconds and let actual experts on this matter do their work? Is he a medical professional? Because I don't even understand again
Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by garetz: 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
I can't be quoting all the fake news brainwashed liberals up there trying to spread fake news up there about what Trump said about Lysol and UV light with regards to the coronavirus. They are busy sharing a cropped and deliberately misleading video that leaves out the context in which Trump was speaking.

He was referring to what Under Secretary for Science and Technology at the Department of Homeland Security, Bill Bryan had noted earlier that in their studies observations were made about how the virus reacts to certain things including UV light and various chemicals. Trump was just saying from their studies, if it was possible to make an injection out of certain chemicals or UV light then it could be effective because their studies showed the virus reacted negatively to them.

This is the full transcript of the press conference including Bill Bryan's comments,

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-coronavirus-press-conference-transcript-april-23

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ijedeikorodu(m): 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
White House edits transcripts about Clorox

White House corrects transcript of Birx exchange with Trump on light to kill coronavirus virus. Changing from “that is a treatment” to “not as a treatment”

https://twitter.com/spettypi/status/1253654689943617537/photo/1

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Zuorom: 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
ijedeikorodu:

@bolded, Why are all of you liberals and the fake news media deliberately leaving out that Trump was talking about this research and what they found? You're trying to make it sound as if Trump said people should be injected with disinfectants when you know that's a blatant lie.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 7:15pm On Apr 24, 2020
The fact that every murderous dictator in modern history was a socialist is not a coincidence.

Josef Stalin
Adolf Hitler
Fidel Castro
Vladimir Lenin
Mao Zedong

The fact that all of them built their following by denouncing capitalism is also not a coincidence.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by Mintum: 7:25pm On Apr 24, 2020
Stop listening to the dishonest fake news media, they are full of lies. Trump didn't say anybody should be injected with disinfectants

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ribbit: 9:17pm On Apr 24, 2020
Obrigardo:

Have you injected yourself with Lysol today? grin
perhaps they need to do the world a favour and do what the lord and saviour asked them to do this time like they have done in the past.. grin

buncha brainless planktons them grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! by ribbit: 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
trump supporters

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (4194) (Reply)

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.