Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,841 members, 7,930,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 11:45 AM

Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? (11739 Views)

Poll: Have You Ever Experienced It?

Yes: 57% (26 votes)
No: 42% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released / Nigerians Where Are This Bloody Trains,have U Ever Sighted Them? / Injustice Over Nkiru Sylvanus Kidnap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by AngieFan(f): 7:10am On Jun 02, 2010
Nwaka77:

Cap28, excellent response Jare!

Now for all you losers that are here cussing and asking when Cap28 will leave England, I have a question for you. When the heck will you get outta Nairaland?? I am not going to mention names but I know those of you who never have anything positive to say about Nigeria but you are always on this forum. Is it the white man, the american or the briton that created this forum? It is a young Nigerian man located in Nigeria that created this forum hence some of you lost, identity-confused negroes of debatable Nigerian descent are here being able to air your opinions. Since some of you identify with America and britain more than where your roots lie, why the heck are you not on american or british forums hibernating amongst the people there? Now listen folks, you can go ahead and cuss me out all you want after reading this post but guess what? It's the internet ok? I am not moved. Since your a.s.s.e.s did not remind anyone to come abroad, your a.s.s.e.s should not ask when the person is going back. Are you the ones who purchased Cap's flight ticket to England or is it your Naija parents that founded the western society in which you were born and/or raised in? I was born and partially raised in western Europe too. Kini big deal? I ask again, When are you sell out negroes going to leave Nairaland?? Go join pound and dollar land or did whitey reject your black a.s.s.e.s there?? And all the bloody hypocrites who sit there and lie through their palm oil stained teeth that they have never faced any form of injustice abroad, go tell that to the birds ok? Who do some of you think you are fooling??

Dumme Arschlochern! Ein par diese leute sind so ein scherz, wirklich! angry

I am out! can't be bothered anymore! Cap, goodluck trying to continue this debate with blockheads. I no get time again my brother.

Your response is silly, however I am aware that this is the only way an insecure Nigerian like yourself and Cap28 can respond; by verbally knocking down another country and race in order to build up your own. I haven't said anything negative about Nigeria or Nairaland so why should I be asked to leave? I know that if I decide to live in  Nigeria or any other country I am going to place my focus on the positives and all the country has to offer and not b i t c h all day on the internet. Cap28 seems to be forever on a b i t c h fest about his sorry a$$ predicament in the UK and so it is only sensible that he be asked what he is going to do about it. i.e. When r u leaving Dude? Only an i d i o t continues to remain in a smelly toilet i.e UK, according to Cap, when they are free to go into the garden to smell the fresh flowers i.e. Nigeria.

If you don't like the question then you can go and jump off a cliff into the ocean to cool down.  .  .  . lol! grin
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by davidif: 7:32am On Jun 02, 2010
sage:

Its really sad because in Nigeria we are always emotional about everything. We wonder why our country is upside down but when you have a populace that acts more on emotions than on rationale thats what you get

That is where the problem lies. When leaders make decisions based on emotions (especially anger) then you know you are in trouble.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2010
Sage,

You just wrote 10 instances of discrimination and injustice in Nigeria, me I can write 10,000 in Lagos and South West alone.

For Bakkasi substtute OPC,

Like I said, I have never seen anywhere in the West where Police shoot someone for refusing him a N20 bribe in public glare.

Where a lady was striped naked for daring to be in traffic with a Navy Admiral.

Where houses were burnt and people killed for belonging to a different religion or Political party
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Jakumo(m): 4:52pm On Jun 02, 2010
Good post Dayo Kanu.

Any Nigerian immigrant to the West who stays on the right side of the law, drives within the speed limit, and leaves that  hilarious "do you know who I am" mentality back in Nigeria where it belongs, should be able to live an entire lifetime in Europe or America without[b] once [/b] getting arrested or harassed by the police, and without once ever having to pay a bribe during that entire lifetime.

In Nigeria, being a law-abiding citizen is NO guarantee that one will not be shot dead during a robbery by on-duty policemen, burnt to death by a screaming mob on the basis of  false accusations of witchcraft, petty theft or magical wee-wee theft, forced to bribe any and all officials they encounter, or left to die by the roadside after an automobile accident in a land with no ambulance service.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by EloSela(f): 6:02pm On Jun 02, 2010
@Cap28

lol. I didn't know there was an 'estate' in Millwall?? You don't even know where Millwall is you Dumba$$! lol

Yep, you are a racist bitter a$$ pillock who does nothing but run off their mouth in a vain attempt to sound come across as intelligent. Why aren't you in Nigeria to helping the youths there? You are so ready to to slag of the Black Brits in Britain and yet turn around to say that you are helping our youths!! So you do some community work yet and now feel the need to blab to the world about it??, Piss off! lol. First you pretend to be a Solicitor and now we are supposed to believe you are this deacon in the community saving Black British youths. What next? The Labour MP for Hackney?? ROTFLMAO!! grin grin

@DavidIf. Yes I used to live right next to the football ground. My older brothers were football mad so it was handy for them even though they didn't go to watch the game there because the skinheads that used to attend regularly were openly racist. I had more than a few encounters with those racist skinheads as a child. Encounters that made me, rather than broke me. This is why when some newly immigrated Nigerians in the UK start preaching to me about racism in the UK I just laugh because I have seen it all believe me.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Jun 02, 2010
Jakumo:

Good post Dayo Kanu.

Any Nigerian immigrant to the West who stays on the right side of the law, drives within the speed limit, and leaves that hilarious [size=13pt]"do you know who I am" [/size] mentality back in Nigeria where it belongs, should be able to live an entire lifetime in Europe or America without[b] once [/b] getting arrested or harassed by the police, and without once ever having to pay a bribe during that entire lifetime.

That always makes me laugh. I have a friend who takes that to a whole nother level . . .
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 6:13pm On Jun 02, 2010
^^ But Kobojunkie,

Do you know who he is? He might be the village letter writer for all you care
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ But Kobojunkie,

Do you know who he is? He might be the village letter writer for all you care

I am serious, this behaviour seems present in only Nigerians . lol .

I go buka with this gal, she begin dey do yanga and talking down to the lady serving us. The lady, I think from cameroon or some other french speaking nation in africa, simply ignored her and continued serving other customers, myself included. My friend took offence and proceeded to demand she speak to manager. Long story short, we left with me hoping they did not spit in the meal. LOL
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2010
Was that Qaato or Bolat.

Well in that case, being respectful to people providing you with service doesnt hurt but you know in Naija you have to let people know you are the first child to the driver of the PA to the local govermenment Chairman
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Jun 02, 2010
Oh yeah!!! It was actually Bolat down on Broadway and Montrose. This gal pissed off the quiet dude behind the counter with her attitude. I was cracking up inside . . . it felt I was back in the chaos of naija . lol
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2010
If Bolat it might be one skinny tall girl from Guinea.

Your friend needs to take her ID card along everywhere she goes so people would know she is the Vice President of Nigeria in Diaspora
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Jun 02, 2010
dayokanu:

If Bolat it might be one skinny tall girl from Guinea.

Your friend needs to take her ID card along everywhere she goes so people would know she is the Vice President of Nigeria in Diaspora

ROFLMAO!!
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by cap28: 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2010
EloSela:

@Cap28

lol. I didn't know there was an 'estate' in Millwall?? You don't even know where Millwall is you Dumba$$! lol

Yep, you are a racist bitter a$$ pillock who does nothing but run off their mouth in a vain attempt to sound come across as intelligent. Why aren't you in Nigeria to helping the youths there? You are so ready to to slag of the Black Brits in Britain and yet turn around to say that you are helping our youths!! So you do some community work yet and now feel the need to blab to the world about it??, Piss off! lol. First you pretend to be a Solicitor and now we are supposed to believe you are this deacon in the community saving Black British youths. What next? The Labour MP for Hackney?? ROTFLMAO!! grin grin

Actually i do know where Millwall is and  you know what?  the place is a shithole,  infact the whole of Bermondsey is a shithole, but what makes it so extraordinarily awful is that its full of NEO NAZIS, God knows how you survived in that place, perhaps thats why you love white people so much, cos they beat the living daylights out of you Hahahahahahahaha

Yeah there are loads of "sink estates" in Millwall (for those outside nigeria - these are cesspit housing estates full of the lowest form of human life ) - these are places where you get THREE GENERATIONS in a family  WHO HAVE NEVER WORKED IN THEIR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and have no intention of doing so, you also have a number of immigrant families(usually africans ) who have been dumped there by the government  to sink or swim, Elosela sounds very much like the kind of girl who grew up in a place like this, this is the sort of place where its normal to see 15 year old girls with 2 kids from 2 different "baby farvers".  In a nutshell the place is hell on earth.  But at least my gyal Elosela thinks its somewhere to be proud of.

So im bitter eh, now why would i be bitter when I've acheived more than you will ever do in  a million lifetimes? 

Out of interest what do you do for a living? let me guess - you work in the service industry  (euphemism for - I do a mindless McJob where i earn minimum wage)

from the way you sound i am 100% sure that that IS ACTUALLY WHAT YOU DO,  your command of the english language leaves a lot to be desired and your inability to construct even the most basic sentences (despite claiming to have been born and raised in the UK)  indicates that your level of "education" is to say the least substandard. 

@DavidIf. Yes I used to live right next to the football ground. My older brothers were football mad so it was handy for them even though they didn't go to watch the game there because the skinheads that used to attend regularly were openly racist. I had more than a few encounters with those racist skinheads as a child. Encounters that made me, rather than broke me. This is why when some newly immigrated Nigerians in the UK start preaching to me about racism in the UK I just laugh because I have seen it all believe me.

for christ's sake at least TRY and learn how to construct grammatical sentences - what do you mean by "newly immigrated"? Jeez - im not even going to bother trying to correct you.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by bkbabe97: 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2010
cap28:

for christ's sake at least TRY and learn how to construct grammatical sentences - what do you mean by "newly immigrated"? Jeez - im not even going to bother trying to correct you.

Seems like someone's tryn hard as all hell to sound like the numero uno "English Speaker".lol. Cap28 correcting people? Lol. The world is coming to a bloody end if u ask me!
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by cap28: 9:24pm On Jun 02, 2010
bk/babe97:

Seems like someone's tryn hard as all hell to sound like the numero uno "English Speaker".lol. Cap28 correcting people? Lol. The world is coming to a bloody end if u ask me!

I just heard a weird buzzing sound but i can't make out where the hell its coming from.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by cap28: 9:31pm On Jun 02, 2010
bk babe97 did i touch a nerve when i made the statement "3 generations in  a family who have never worked" - did it bring back memories ? cry cry cry cry
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Ivynwa(f): 10:40pm On Jun 02, 2010
Yeah I agree with Mrbrown and is happy for him. If you watch him here, he isn't really bitching but living, laughing, relating and enjoying his life. Live your life my brother.

@all bickering parties here
Nothing constructive comes out of these arguments on who will outdo who in the exchange of words, it beats me that proffessionals like you guys are stooping this low here. I keep imagining great stuffs minds like you all can come up with if it were a brainstorming session going on here. What's wrong with you guys? Can you stop this please and let's talk about ideas: ideas that can lift Nigeria from squalor and poverty. If all these great pips in this forum can put heads together we can come up with stuffs like opening skill development centres for Nigeria, yes I think it's high time our country began to emphasis on not only schooling and getting degrees. A lot of Nigerians are out there in the hustling field abroad with no certificate and skills and have to work all kind of menial jobs that make others look down on us and mete out all these behaviour people are talking about here to us. The Chinese amaze me with the acquisition of skills, little chinese children do amazing things because they are trained in time and see how their country is prospering, every family with their own little factory. Come on people, let's not bicker, let's put ideas together for a greater Nigeria, we are the youths and the hope of our great nation, Aren't we?
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by davidif: 5:23am On Jun 03, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am serious, this behaviour seems present in only Nigerians . lol .

I go buka with this gal, she begin dey do yanga and talking down to the lady serving us. The lady, I think from cameroon or some other french speaking nation in africa, simply ignored her and continued serving other customers, myself included. My friend took offence and proceeded to demand she speak to manager. Long story short, we left with me hoping they did not spit in the meal. LOL

That thing is sooooooooo annoying, my mother was being rude to a waiter at a restaurant and i was very mad at her.
One of my other friends even caused an incident at a restaurant because of it once.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by bkbabe97: 6:12am On Jun 03, 2010
cap28:

bk babe97 did i touch a nerve when i made the statement "3 generations in  a family who have never worked" - did it bring back memories ? cry cry cry cry

Did u write that? When and where? Are u, as usual, making stuff up again? Anyhoo, for someone that hates the West so much, why dont u move back to Africa since its such a beacon of hope?! Why stay here and endure all the injustice?

P.S: OOOOHHH, nOW I see where u wrote that? Dude, u think I have the time to read the unintelligible journals and poorly structured essays u stay writing on here? lol. Like Elosela said :"Keep trying" to sound intelligent, one day u'll get a few persons that will believe ur stunt!!! Keep the faith!
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by cap28: 6:33am On Jun 03, 2010
bk/babe97:

Did u write that? When and where? Are u, as usual, making stuff up again? Anyhoo, for someone that hates the West so much, why dont u move back to Africa since its such a beacon of hope?! Why stay here and endure all the injustice?

P.S: OOOOHHH, nOW I see where u wrote that? Dude, u think I have the time to read the unintelligible journals and poorly structured essays u stay writing on here? lol. Like Elosela said :"Keep trying" to sound intelligent, one day u'll get a few persons that will believe your stunt!!! Keep the faith!

bkbabe can i ask you a question ?  you say you are part colombian and part "black" why are you on a nigerian forum? why arent you with your colombian people debating - or could it be because your "colombian" father deserted your mother before you were born and now like a discarded piece of rubbish you are floating around looking for a race of people to belong to - listen up mongrel, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME OR WANTED ON THIS FORUM - this forum is for full blooded africans not mongrels who don't know who or what they are,  now scram!!!!
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by sage(m): 7:16am On Jun 03, 2010
cap28:

bkbabe can i ask you a question ?  you say you are part colombian and part "black" why are you on a nigerian forum? why arent you with your colombian people debating - or could it be because your "colombian" father deserted your mother before you were born and now like a discarded piece of rubbish you are floating around looking for a race of people to belong to - listen up mongrel, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME OR WANTED ON THIS FORUM - this forum is for full blooded africans not mongrels who don't know who or what they are,  now scram!!!!

People una see this statement at all. I always told this guy he is racist as hell. Its funny because he is the one who bitches about racism the most but always makes racist statements in just about every thread

Insecurity na bad thing sha
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Jakumo(m): 7:37am On Jun 03, 2010
cap28:

bkbabe can i ask you a question ? you say you are part colombian and part "black" why are you on a nigerian forum? why arent you with your colombian people debating - or could it be because your "colombian" father deserted your mother before you were born and now like a discarded piece of rubbish you are floating around looking for a race of people to belong to - listen up mongrel, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME OR WANTED ON THIS FORUM - this forum is for full blooded africans not mongrels who don't know who or what they are, now scram!!!!

Cap28, the sheer beauty of your prose brought a tear to my eye. The Nubian Master Race will, in the fullness of time, accord due recognition to the immortal words crafted here today by The Raconteur himself, Cap28.

Lesser races, consider yourselves served with notice that if you phuck with The Nubians, Cap28 will sho'nuff ease up and bust a cap on yo azs.

Ha ha ha ha
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by steve49ja(m): 8:54am On Jun 03, 2010
@caps

Let it go man, not to mention you're dissin females (nothing personal to dissing females), you might also want to admit everyone can make suggestions without throwing personal attacks. So please? cheesy

I actually enjoy your posts on here and can relate to da message you're tryna pass across but this is not the way to go about it man, please quit the personal attacks.

@post

Not everyone would face discrimination in areas that would affect their success, some people might not see racism as an obstacle but seriously we face it everyday, take it or leave it. Some people even hate you for no just cause undecided so kini big deal?.
The fear of being disliked is the beginning of poverty.

As others would rely on God, some rely on luck.
But we all should be able to share our experiences and if anyone's hating, why dont they just keep it to themselves and share their experience(s) if they'v got any?

Let da thread live on.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Kobojunkie: 12:46pm On Jun 03, 2010
cap28:

bkbabe can i ask you a question ? you say you are part colombian and part "black" why are you on a nigerian forum? why arent you with your colombian people debating - or could it be because your "colombian" father deserted your mother before you were born and now like a discarded piece of rubbish you are floating around looking for a race of people to belong to - listen up mongrel, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME OR WANTED ON THIS FORUM - this forum is for full blooded africans not mongrels who don't know who or what they are, now scram!!!!

Does this help you understand what your soul is filled with? @Cap28 . Cause while you continue to point fingers at others, you ought to be concerned about what people see of your person as well? I remember telling you that you are yourself a racist ; I do hope this helps you understand the truth behind that.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Kobojunkie: 12:48pm On Jun 03, 2010
davidif:

That thing is sooooooooo annoying, my mother was being rude to a waiter at a restaurant and i was very mad at her.
One of my other friends even caused an incident at a restaurant because of it once.

Oh, I didn't like what happened but for some reason, I was ok with her getting what came to her that day. Hopefully it would help her better understand how to threat her fellow man. lol
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by EloSela(f): 1:19pm On Jun 03, 2010
@Cap28
Man, you are an even bigger Pillock than I first thought.

Yes, our family garden was directly behind Millwall FC when the club was in New Cross at the Old Den in the 80s. If you know the area well as you claim then you know that the club only moved to its current premises in Bermondsey, The New Den, in 1993. There is no 'Millwall Estate' in London and anyone looking on google maps will be able to see that neither areas, the previous location in New Cross and the current one in Bermondsey are surrounded by council flats or run down estates. With that being said, your shameful attempt to falsely paint the area to people not in the know is a MAJOR FLOP! LOooL!!!

I didn't read the rest of your drivel. No doubt it was filled with the same defensive, desperate, pretentious hyperbole intended to impress your sheep, cohorts on here.

Toodles! grin
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2010
Any Nigerian immigrant to the West who stays on the right side of the law, drives within the speed limit, and leaves that  hilarious "do you know who I am" mentality back in Nigeria where it belongs, should be able to live an entire lifetime in Europe or America without once getting arrested or harassed by the police, and without once ever having to pay a bribe during that entire lifetime.

ah, the joys of being an immigrant and not "omonilu". . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . . . .  . .

may the situation remain that way cool lipsrsealed
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 5:05pm On Jun 03, 2010
I am interested in knowing what cap28 would have felt if a white man had said

cap28 can i ask you a question ? you say you are part "black" why are you in a British forum? why arent you with your black people debating - or could it be because your "African" father deserted your mother before you were born and now like a discarded piece of rubbish you are floating around looking for a race of people to belong to - listen up mongrel, YOU ARE NOT WELCOME OR WANTED ON THIS FORUM/COUNTRY - this forum/COUNTRY is for full blooded britons not monkeys who don't know who or what they are, now scram!!!!

I bet we would have said he was racist, But the only thing I did was to copy cap28 post and change some words in it.

Do you see the hypocrisy of some Nigerians when it come to the issue of injustice, discrimination and racism?
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by bkbabe97: 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2010
Jakumo:

Cap28, the sheer beauty of your prose brought a tear to my eye.  The Nubian Master Race will, in the fullness of time, accord due recognition to the immortal words crafted here today by The Raconteur himself, Cap28.

Lesser races, consider yourselves served with notice that if you phuck with The Nubians, Cap28 will sho'nuff ease up and bust a cap on yo azs.

Ha ha ha ha

Lol. Ur writings always crack me the funck up! lol.
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by cap28: 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2010
steve49ja:

@caps

Let it go man, not to mention you're dissin females (nothing personal to dissing females), you might also want to admit everyone can make suggestions without throwing personal attacks. So please? cheesy

I actually enjoy your posts on here and can relate to da message you're tryna pass across but this is not the way to go about it man, please quit the personal attacks.

@post

Not everyone would face discrimination in areas that would affect their success, some people might not see racism as an obstacle but seriously we face it everyday, take it or leave it. Some people even hate you for no just cause undecided so kini big deal?.
The fear of being disliked is the beginning of poverty.

As others would rely on God, some rely on luck.
But we all should be able to share our experiences and if anyone's hating, why dont they just keep it to themselves and share their experience(s) if they'v got any?

Let da thread live on.

thanks bro your comments are noted, you know what? im not usually like this but its just the impudence of some of the people on here, the pig headed ignorance of black people not being able to see further than their own noses,  i didnt realise that our race was in such dire straits but now i see that the situation is so much worse than i initially thought, there's this african american guy whose blog i really like, here is an excerpt from one of his articles i think his observations are very concise:

[b]Can White Americans be unracist? Yes, but it way harder than most of them think. That is why when they quickly say stuff like, “I am not racist” or “I do not see colour”, it is a good sign that the opposite is true. Those who have honestly fought against their own racism do not talk like that.

Note: Racism is not just joining the Klan or saying the n-word. Whenever you think or act as if one race is naturally better or worse than another you are being racist.

To overcome their racism people of colour in America have only one wall to overcome, the wall of lies, but white people have five walls:

The wall of lies: America was built on racism – on slavery and genocide. The lies that made that seem right and good are still with us. You see them in schoolbooks, newspapers, Hollywood films, jokes, even in the stuff your parents and friends say. You hear them so much you think they are true. Few question them unless they are stuck on the wrong side of those lies. And even then it can take years. And even then you might not see through them all.

The wall of self-interest: Few people of colour stand to gain from racism: it hurts them in society at large and, if they believe in it themselves, it leads to self-hatred. Not so for white people: racism allows them to have higher incomes, lower unemployment, safer streets, better schools and longer lives. On top of that it allows them to live comfortably in nice houses while black and Latino children in dangerous neighbourhoods go to bad schools.

The wall of the white self: For whites racism is more than just a set of self-serving lies: part of their sense of self worth is built on being white. It makes them feel good because it allows them to think they are better than others.

The wall of white society: Most whites who do see through the lies and see the crying injustice of it all keep their mouth shut. Why? Because they have to live with other white people and fear becoming an outcast. Racism is not even their fight, right? So why should they suffer for it?

The wall of shame and guilt: Those who break through all the other walls come to the worst wall of all: they come face to face with the shame and guilt of being white, something that their racism had largely hid from them until now. I know many whites do not believe in white guilt, but it makes sense of too much. And it is not just me: Dr Beverly Tatum, who studies this sort of thing, says it is the shame and guilt that is the hardest to overcome.
Not that anyone should despair – none of this stuff is impossible – but neither should they fool themselves about what is going on.[/b]

http://abagond./
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by bawomolo(m): 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2010
Jakumo:

Cap28, the sheer beauty of your prose brought a tear to my eye. The Nubian Master Race will, in the fullness of time, accord due recognition to the immortal words crafted here today by The Raconteur himself, Cap28.

Ha ha ha ha

lol cap28 must be our resident pro-black militant who sleeps with white women at nite and fights whitey during the day grin
Re: Have U Ever Experienced Injustice Abroad? by silentc(m): 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2010
I am not here to defend Cap28 in anyway. This forum is a means for us all to educate ourselves and share ideas.

Putting all the arguments and insults aside, Cap28 has raised some good points about racism. This what I want to focus on. I want to ignore all other issue that can put me in a situation where i am misdirected from what i can learn from this debate. It doesn't matter if Cap28 wants to stay in the UK or not.

Racism exists in the western world. Institutional racism is what i mean. "In your face" racism is less nowadays. In your face racism is even easier to deal with. The challenge is the hidden system that is prejudiced to the black race. Off course a black British person will face a different level of racism in comparison to an African who immigrated to the UK in the last 3 years. The point is they all face the prejudice.

I will give you an example that I am sure has happened to many other people and was also in the news (I cant remember where i read it, I think it was an under cover reporter in the BBC). This person (maybe it was me  grin ) sent their CV to a recruitment agency and they had a name that clearly shows it was of African origin and got no response from the agency. The next day I advised this person to change their name to a generic sounding English name and resend the CV and they got a call from the agency later in the afternoon. I kid you not, this wasn't a story someone told me, it really happened.

I know there might be a million reasons why this happens, but I am quite sure that there was something to do with prejudice (if not institutional racism) in the minds of the recruiter on receiving a CV of someone who clearly sounds African.

Let us not digress from this conversation, I know that tribalism and nepotism exists in Nigeria. I am happy to share my experiences there if the topic is raised on this forum. We are talking about injustice abroad, let us stick to it and not take the conversation to a personal level where we insult each other.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ekiti PDP Gubernatorial Candidate's Frustration. / Until Fuel Subsidy Is Removed, Fuel Crisis Remains Imminent – Kachikwu / Show Evidence I Benefitted From N156m Slush Fund, Atiku Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.