Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,120 members, 7,973,772 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:20 AM

Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years (7944 Views)

Nigeria Experiences Steady Drop After 40,000 BH Deaths – US CFR Security Tracker / ISIS Beheads Elderly Man Accused Of Witchcraft (gore Image Inside) / Hilary Clinton, Obama Would Lose To Al Gore, Dukakis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by Nobody: 2:28am On Jun 05, 2010
It depends on the situation.
Knowing that they can eventually marry their sluts without social judgment, why should they stop? 8 out of 10 cases, Nigerian men were having affairs outside of their marital home, which lead to Iyawo ati Iyale. undecided

Havent you heard of that 87 yrs old Nigerian man having almost 100 wives? grin
Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by Nobody: 2:31am On Jun 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

Hmm is this really to sleep around or have children . . .sleep around as in for gratification purposes.

I doubt Oyinda can find a culture that encourages sleeping around except citing the hippie period of the 60's and 70's. Even before then men have being cheating despite cultural pressures of marriage as an institution to be preserved has been hammered in our heads.

Anyways I will never leave anyone for my EFF EL GEITOR
You're talking about Oyinda right? I give her less than 2 days, she'll find 10 of them.

Dude, you might not, but if I find a richer better looking sexy piece of god, then I'm gone. cool

You're such a geek, so thatz what EFF EL GEITOR meant? I thought it was a foreign lang. undecided
Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by SEFAGO(m): 2:50am On Jun 05, 2010
http://www.examiner.com/x-11908-Milwaukee-County-Special-Interests-Examiner~y2009m7d13-The-sexual-revolutions-consequences

you guys should read this article.

personally, in my opinion, infidelity/ sleeping around is a cultural trait not a biological one.
the US high divorce rates IMO can be attributed to the sexual revolution of the 60s that made intimacy more casual. And we all know that US culture makes its way around the globe in most cases. (esp. when it's a culture that's favorable to men and imported into a male dominated country)

My second problem was this but I forgot to address it. I would wager that giving women more rights have been responsible for the high rates of divorce. Infact giving them the audacity to share half of my hard earned money is what them go forward with divorce as opposed to separation or being thrown out of the house by the husband grin

Ahh the good old days grin
Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by SEFAGO(m): 3:02am On Jun 05, 2010
It depends on the situation.
Knowing that they can eventually marry their sluts without social judgment, why should they stop? 8 out of 10 cases, Nigerian men were having affairs outside of their marital home, which lead to Iyawo ati Iyale. Undecided

Havent you heard of that 87 yrs old Nigerian man having almost 100 wives?

I am talking of promiscuity- polygamy and promiscuity are not really the same. I mean sleeping around.
Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by Nobody: 3:05am On Jun 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

I am talking of promiscuity- polygamy and promiscuity are not really the same. I mean sleeping around.

Does promiscuity not lead to polygamy? They go hand in hand.
I mean, you dont just spot a woman on the road and decide to marry her.
Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by SEFAGO(m): 3:12am On Jun 05, 2010
But you can marry her in polygamy and then bang her. You dont have to bang a girl b4 u marry her

I pose back the question- are muslim men more promiscuous than their western counterparts?
Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by Nobody: 3:16am On Jun 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

But you can marry her in polygamy and then bang her. You dont have to bang a girl b4 u marry her

I pose back the question- are muslim men more promiscuous than their western counterparts?
Well thatz true. Unfortunately, thatz not the story for Yoruba men.

Dnt know anything about muslim men. . . . .but since they're always after the 14 virgins that allah promised them, I'd think so.
Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by oyinda3(f): 3:58am On Jun 05, 2010
SEFAGO:

lol, the third  bolded statement does not make sense. More opportunity for girls to sleep around  . The second bolded statement you probably mean what the "male" version of slut not "word" and I would call it Manwhore which I have used several times  grin. The first bolded statement is just hilarious- sleeping around is a cultural trait? WTF

That's as stereotypical as one gets. Anyways please state exemplary cultures which encourage sleeping around and cultures which don't. That would at least put your claim in perspective. Biologically needs know proof from my part- the fact that men are way more physical than women in terms of attraction gives you more perspective.

you are not serious. how many people uses the word manwhore? lol compared to slut?
anyways, the point is: it is more culturally acceptable for men to sleep around than it is for women.

women who choose to sleep around have more opportunity available for them.
I will use an extreme example to illustrate my point: a LovePeddler house. many men sleep with the same few women and actually PAY for it. where do u see women paying to get access to intimacy with men!?
I know this might not apply in the US where women sleep with u for free. so maybe in US, i'll say the opportunity is close to being equal for both sexes.

you already gave an example yourself. hippy culture of 60s and 70s. lol they call it the sexual revolution and it actually continues till today and is one of the main reasons why divorce is very high.

how do u prove that it is "biological" for a man to have many sexual partners?
to me, the occurrence depends mostly on the social attitude toward it.

Even before then men have being cheating despite cultural pressures of marriage as an institution to be preserved has been hammered in our heads.

yea. women cheat too

but i will assume that the incident of cheating will be lower in cultures where the pressure is higher to remain faithful.
it's just like stealing and any other immoral self-gratification acts. if there is high punishment for crime, one is less likely to commit it.  (not saying sleeping around is a crime lol)
so, can u tell me that stealing is biological?
but i agree that it is biological for people to WANT to seek pleasure. but the acts themselves are more cultural than biological.
Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by SEFAGO(m): 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2010
Al Gore's split from wife Tipper after 40 years of marriage was a shock to everyone who thought theirs was the ideal marriage. Now Star can exclusively reveal that the former Vice President was having an affair with Larry David's ex-wife — for the past two years!

In the June 28 issue of Star, on sale Wednesday, we report that Al and Tipper's breakup didn't come as much of a surprise to one Hollywood player — Laurie David. Star has learned that Al has been having an affair with Laurie, who divorced Seinfeld creator and Curb Your Enthusiasm star Larry David in 2007 amidst reports she was cheating with the caretaker of their Martha's Vineyard summer home.

“Al and Laurie went from friends to lovers," an insider tells Star. "It couldn’t be avoided."

AL Gore was apparently cheating.
Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by oyinda3(f): 8:42pm On Jun 18, 2010
that makes so much more sense.
Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by tpiah: 11:41pm On Jun 18, 2010
Such was the case when the news broke that our 62-year-old love-him-and-hate-him former Vice President Al Gore – who had enjoyed a seemingly rock-solid marriage with Tipper Gore for four decades – was being accused of carrying on an extramarital affair with fellow eco-champion and producer An Inconvenient Truth, Laurie David, for the better part of two years.

Both Mr. Gore and Ms. David have denied the gossip, with David’s reportedly legitimate paramour Bart Thorpe claiming that “I know for a fact that Laurie hasn’t seen Al Gore for at least two years—at least” and David herself insisting that the supposed affair is a “total fabrication.”

Gore and his wife officially announced their “mutually supportive” separation on June 1 with friends claiming that it was “not one of those (cheating) situations in any remote way,” several weeks prior to Star magazine’s exclusive revelation which lacks any-and-all backbone, aside from an unnamed insider revealing that “Al and Laurie went from friends to lovers. It couldn’t be avoided.” Harlequin romance novel anyone?

Still, tongues continue to flap…perhaps because the mere suggestion of two eco-warriors walking off into the sunset together would offer a ‘convenient excuse’ to justify the dissolution of yet two more high profile marriages and maybe — just maybe – we’ll still be able to have our happy ending after all. Human psychology is a weird thing, isn’t it?

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2010/06/18/the-making-of-an-eco-scandal-starring-al-gore-laurie-david/
Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by tpiah: 11:42pm On Jun 18, 2010
SEFAGO:

AL Gore was apparently cheating.

sorry.

clinton cheated for longer than that and he's still married.

i'm 98% sure this has more to do with BP than anything else.

some assets are going down.
Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by SEFAGO(m): 11:54pm On Jun 18, 2010
women behave differently. Hilary Clinton is a way stronger woman than the average type lol
Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by oyinda3(f): 12:00am On Jun 19, 2010
SEFAGO:

women behave differently. Hilary Clinton is a way stronger woman than the average type lol

ouch. so staying with a cheater means ur strong huh?
Re: Al Gore And Tipper Gore To Separate After 40 Years by tpiah: 12:00am On Jun 19, 2010
SEFAGO:

^^ in a 40 year marriage, i'd think it would take more than rumors of an alleged affair to destabilize things.

the timing around the BP oil spill and the drastic fallout from it, figures very strongly in this case.

there's obviously going to be a huge financial catastrophe for a lot of people, going by the general mood.

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2010/06/08/alec-baldwin-wants-oil-disaster-to-set-example-says-%e2%80%98let-bp-die%e2%80%99/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 South-west PDP Chairmen Seek Court Order To Unregister PDM / Reps Reject Forensic Audit Bill, Say CIFIAN Replicates ICAN, ANAN / Why I Will Dump DSTV And Move To TSTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.