Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,354 members, 7,888,128 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:04 PM

President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' (47854 Views)

Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines / President Rodrigo Duterte: I Used To Be Gay, 'Cured' Myself With Beautiful Women / Rodrigo Duterte Brags About His Huge Manhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by babeosisi: 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
EmagNig:
Phillipines President Rodrigo Duterte has sparked controversy in the predominantly Catholic country for calling God stupid, but his spokesman has defended the contentious statement as his personal belief.

Duterte made the statement on Friday evening during a speech in his southern home city of Davao, where he questioned God’s logic in the Biblical creation story of Adam and Eve.

“Adam ate (the fruit of knowledge), then malice was born. Who is this stupid God?” he said.

“That son of a b***h is stupid if that’s the case. You created something perfect and then you think of an event that would tempt and destroy the quality of your work.”

Duterte also questioned the rationale of original sin, noting:

“That was your mother and father’s deed — you weren’t born yet, but now you have original sin. What kind of religion is that? I can’t accept it.”

Amid criticisms over Duterte’s statements, presidential spokesman Harry Roque urged the public to accept that the leader tends to use strong language when he expresses his beliefs.

“That is the personal belief of the president,” Mr Roque said. “We are free to believe in religion and we are also free not to believe in religion. The President has his personal spiritual beliefs.

“We cannot fault the president if he has no sense of hypocrisy and we should accept that because even when he was just a candidate, he never hid that from us.”

Duterte has in the past lambasted the Catholic Church in the Philippines, where more than 80 per cent of the population practices the religion, calling priests out for allegations of corruption and sexual abuse.

https://lailasnews.com/philippines-president-duterte-calls-god-stupid/

Let this be a lesson for gullible Nigerians Christians that spend endless times shaking their heads ,gyrating and praying for their enemies to die.
If a man that called God the son of a biatch lives and God doesn't strike him dead,who tells you then you can pray for your so called enemy to die?
The president is speaking out of ignorance.God still loves him.

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2018
God this, God that... abeg make we let God rest please. Africans can continue praising God while the Chinese and the white man milks it of its resources. Very stupid continent, look at how angry they are here as if Christianity and Islam is their own..

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Bizibi(m): 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2018
I knew atheists will invade this thread
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by victorazyvictor(m): 4:36pm On Jun 25, 2018
stefanbanach:
you're scared of the unknown....

Take your first step by researching on the history of Christianity, the crusaders and genocides, the council of nicea, cesare borgia, read a few of Dan browns books etc....

Step into the unknown.... Let fear be your guide....

I pity your generation sha.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
Some Christians are already wishing death on him,but it is this same Christians who make caricature of Amadioha,Sango and other indigenous gods but when one says anything about a foreign god they start cursing,the truth is you can wish him the worst form of death nothing will happen

3 Likes

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by hotwax: 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
stefanbanach:
who told you Christianity is not also part of a secret world order?

Christianity has nothing to do with Satanism.

However they have infiltrated christianity and islam..
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by shegzmartinsduke(m): 4:39pm On Jun 25, 2018
Yankiss:

You are not God and you have no power over me. You are a fool, you and your satanic coterie.
don't u understand english? i used 'might.' OLODO
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nazaretha1(m): 4:39pm On Jun 25, 2018
Césare Borgia, thé son of pope Alexandria VI, the Spaniard? No, I think the image of Christ had existed before the council of nicea. I'm not sure of Leonardo Da Vinci's but there were other artists,renowed or not that had drawn or probably sculpted the image of Christ even before Rodrigo Borgia was born in the 1400s.
stefanbanach:
empty head, the Catholic created the fictional character called jesus Christ in the council of nicea.... Using the image of cesare borgia as the image of Christ....

Go to Google and type "the nicean creed" OR "cesare borgia".. ..
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by peteradamu: 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2018
NOW HE START THINKING THAT HE IS WISER THAN GOD.FOOL!
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Sadiyaene(f): 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ok we don't hear grin
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by HillsBlaze(m): 4:46pm On Jun 25, 2018
Whoever the gods want to destroy, they first make mad.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by SamjohnnyB(m): 4:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
u got a good brain
SarkinYarki:
A deep thinker at work but let's be factual there is God but HE is not who mankind has painted HIM to be for their own selfish reasons

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
victorazyvictor:

I pity your generation sha.
instead of presenting a logical argument to debunk my claims, you resorted to insulting my generation.

I'll no longer dignify you with a reply because you're a fool....

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by emmyid(m): 4:52pm On Jun 25, 2018
stefanbanach:
Agreed, the biblical God is misogynistic, sadistic and a psychopath.... this proves that the Bible was probably written by some cavemen or lunatic.....

Same with the Islamic God called Allah... Who permits Muslims to sleep with little children and commit genocide in the name of Jihad.... This proves that the Qur'an, though slightly philosophical, was probably written by the notable prophet who was also a paedophile....

All the same, all God's of all religions are non-existent....

The only true God is inside you.....

Is no ones fault that you were born a muslim, but decided to turn atheist due to how Islam presented religion to you. Steer clear of Christianity. Don't talk trash of us.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
emmyid:

Is no ones fault that you were born a muslim, but decided to turn atheist due to how Islam presented religion to you. Steer clear of Christianity. Don't talk trash of us.
keep quiet.....

Christianity is a religion of hypocrisy... ..

You go against all the commandments and shamelessly go to church on Sunday to pray to the same God you disobey.....

Jesus Christ asked you go about preaching the gospel, how many times have you preached in the last 10 years?....

How many charitable acts have you done?
How many times have you helped the helpless?
Even as we speak, you constantly plan on disobeying God at the moment....
You sin against God so much that you cannot do without sinning.....
Why don't you Christians have an atom of shame?
most importantly, what move have you made to ensure that you stop sinning?....

Answer this questions....
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by alabo1: 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2018
femipraiz:
It only shows how shallow he is in his reasoning.

Don't forget the fact that we are created in the image of God, which gives us the grace to choose between right and wrong.

God won't impose anything on us... He has given us the grace to choose between life and death but he ADVISED us to choose Life...

God is principled and won't break his word..At the garden of Eden, He gave man the grace to choose between life and death which stands has the tree of life which Adam and Eve were instructed not to eat from...

Don't forget the prodigal Son in the bible that despite all the great resources he had with his Father, he still decided to go the other way by demanding for his inheritance and with that he went totally astray...

*If you know, U know*

I disagree. Outside our known reality all is conjecture based on belief systems which are acquired over our socialization process. You cannot say you know there is God - you can only say you believe. Your belief in any religion or even non-belief cannot be verified. So even if you believe you know you actually don't. Peace

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by ollah2: 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2018
Nazaretha1:
He did bro. The majority of traditional Hadith sources state that Ai'sha bint Abu Bakr got married to Muhammad at the age of six or seven, but she stayed in her parents' home until the age of nine, or ten according to Ibn Hisham. She was born in Mecca, Hejaz, Arabia in 613/614 CE and got married and consumated with Mohammed who was 53 years old then in 620 CE. She was married to Mohammed for 12 years before he died in 632 CE.

She was ready engaged to a pagan before his father Abubaker called off the engagement when he converted to Islam and gave her Muhammed her daughter. She also went to war. When you write, ensure you don't write half truth
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by alabo1: 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
Kyllahmc:
lol before nko? I could call God whatever I want and still get away with it... yeah screw that sky motherfvcker,,,, yea I said it... and I would probably woo and fvcck that sexy biitch virgin mary to give Jesus Christ a younger brother if I ever met her.
I think Myths should be taught as myths.. Miracle should be taught as Poetry and reality should be taught as reality...
but teaching myths and miracle as reality to a child?? that child would learn to believe, put their hope and trust in them instead of facing the actual reality.. and in the end he would be shattered into pieces when he finally realize everything he had believed in all his life was just a made up story and a big lie...

Well said bro. Religion never ceases to amuse me. I find it funny that adherents of one religion take their myths as reality and are perplexed that non-believers do not. All religions are constructs of man and none of the myths of any religion are superior to the other. For me the tales in the bible are no different from my traditional mythology. Peace

2 Likes

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by babyfaceafrica: 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2018
franchasng:
injustice hurts no matter how irrelevant u know angry
stop posting news
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by priest54: 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2018
Even in the darkest of times,I will stand for Jesus the christ,any other view,religion or believe is highly inconsequential as far as the biblical truth is concern
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by MusicSots: 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2018
KINGwax007:
The story of Adam and even was just an illustration to begin with

Elucidate please
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by tete7000(m): 5:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
How I wish his opinion changes anything about God, but sadly it doesn't. That is part of what makes God wise. He operates in silence and look with pity on stupid people who insult him knowing they will never end well.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
The Bible was written by Jews. The Jews are not Christians. If Muslims wrote your Bible, would you use it and believe in such Bible?

priest54:
Even in the darkest of times,I will stand for Jesus the christ,any other view,religion or believe is highly inconsequential as far as the biblical truth is concern

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
d funny thing is this,in all this situations u can never see "God" defend himself,so far it is still the same Christians that are doing it for him,but if we can cast our minds back to the bible,it records a story(which of course is fiction) where herods made a speech and was struck dead at once and maggots fed on him,why don't we see such spectacular things these days?,quote me anywhere and I will defend myself,anyone can say absolutely anything about "God" and nothing will happen

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Bhol28: 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2018
Continue expressing your belief oga phillipian,Pharaoh did more than this,God being a very humble God waited till the right time to show him He exists.Just that he didn,t survive the last strike from God at the red sea.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Crixina(f): 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2018
SarkinYarki:
A deep thinker at work but let's be factual there is God but HE is not who mankind has painted HIM to be for their own selfish reasons
I finally found someone who sees God the way I do.
I'm sure God does not give a sh*t about certain things men make a big deal of.

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
the good thing about modern day Christianity is the variety of choices. you choose your path and bear the consequences
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
d funny thing is this,in all this situations u can never see "God" defend himself,so far it is still the same Christians that are doing it for him,but if we can cast our minds back to the bible,it records a story(which of course is fiction) where herods made a speech and was struck dead at once and maggots fed on him,why don't we see such spectacular things these days?,quote me anywhere and I will defend myself,anyone can say absolutely anything about "God" and nothing will happen,if you know the ones that I said before you would and understand what I'm saying,when I was about to leave Christianity,I curse Yahweh in my heart right inside the church,nothing happens,I have become more mature now and I clamour for peace and understanding but back in the day when I just left religion,I was literally an Antichrist

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Edonojie007(m): 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2018
Avedonn:
True!
Sometimes the more you think, the more you become confused about this religion of a thing.

The Biblical story of creation didn't just add up. It raised more questions than answers.

For instance, How comes among billions of planets discovered so far in the universe,it's only earth that is always the focal point?

Why would God create and still creating billions of planets and only earth can harbour living things?

What's the purpose of creating them?

Scientists have discovered the evolution of planets with the aid of Hubble telescope and space craft Voyager 1 and still discovering more.

Scientists have also observed the expiration of other planets in the universe after their core collapsed in which they turn in to black hole, red giant or supernova.
The Truth Is Creation Is Not Yet Complete; Man Was Created To Be Kings And Governors Over Other Creatures That Are To Be Created By God.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nazaretha1(m): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
Jubayr ibn Mut'im was the man who Abu Bakr initially gave Aisha's hands to in marriage before Mohammed came along. Both Jubayr ibn Mut'im and Abu Bakr were Islamic converts but this, alongside Aisha's unsuccessful war; the battle of the camel which was in revenge of Uthman's assassination; doesn't justify the fact that Mohammed's marriage with young Aisha was a paedeophilic act. Well, one would say child marriage was a common thing during the old world but then it struck me that someone as supposedly, spiritually connected with a higher power as Mohammed should know better. It was either Allah supported paedeophilia or Mohammed didn't have a spiritual encounter after all and most of all these spiritual brouhaha are just fictitious.
ollah2:

She was ready engaged to a pagan before his father Abubaker called off the engagement when he converted to Islam and gave her Muhammed her daughter. She also went to war. When you write, ensure you don't write half truth

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by ItsTime4me(m): 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
Obviously that guy is ignorant. God did not create sin. Imagine a loving parent who loves his children so very much and provides everything they need. Now, this parent gives the children some restrictions at home. Would you blame the parent for such restrictions? Are not the children expected to reciprocate the parent's love hoping that the restrictions are for their benefits?

In the same vain, the tree of the knowledge of good and bad God created was meant to help Adam and Eve appreciate that their freedom is not absolute. They were expected to live within the confines of God's righteous standards. So it is not out of place to expect them to live within these confines as a way to show that they really appreciate the love and care given to them by their loving Father.

Again, imagine that there were no traffic laws and everyone can drive the way they like. How would our roads look like? How safe would our lives be? So you can see that putting measures in place to check peoples' freedom is very important. Restrictions are vitally important in our lives.

Above all, God is all-wise and has our best interests at heart. Like the first example above, a parent who loves his children so very much cannot deliberately do something to hurt his children. How much more our most loving, most caring and most righteous Father. It is inconceivable for him to deliberately create sin in order to punish us.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by ollah2: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
Nazaretha1:
Jubayr ibn Mut'im was the man who Abu Bakr initially gave Aisha's hands to in marriage before Mohammed came along. Both Jubayr ibn Mut'im and Abu Bakr were Islamic converts but this, alongside Aisha's unsuccessful war; the battle of the camel which was in revenge of Uthman's assassination; doesn't justify the fact that Mohammed's marriage with young Aisha was a paedeophilic act. Well, one would say child marriage was a common thing during the old world but then it struck me that someone as supposedly, spiritually connected with a higher power as Mohammed should know better. It was either Allah supported paedeophilia or Mohammed didn't have a spiritual encounter after all and most of all these spiritual brouhaha are just fictitious.

It's all fictitious. Men before Muhammed did exact same thing e.g. Solomon. But it's all scripted

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Iran Executes Man Convicted Of Spying On General Qassem Soleimani Killed By US / Meet Mamoudou Gassama: The Malian Who Saved A Child In France, The Job Offers / Tailor Beheaded For Sharing Politician's Blasphemy Post Online In India (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.