Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,133 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:11 PM

President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' (47855 Views)

Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines / President Rodrigo Duterte: I Used To Be Gay, 'Cured' Myself With Beautiful Women / Rodrigo Duterte Brags About His Huge Manhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nazaretha1(m): 7:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
Michelangelo Buenarotti (the image of God is the Sistine chapel, the image of God and Adam), Leonardo Da Vinci (the painting of the last supper), Voltaire etc.
Emmahunk:
Just watch and see how he will end . No one has ever mocked God and lived
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nazaretha1(m): 7:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
I concur bro.
I think life existed on other planets and solar systems even before it did on earth. I came across how life was discovered although at its molecular level from a meteorite that fell to earth from space by scientists ob the ancient aliens show. I haven't confirmed it though.
Avedonn:

I just gave you few instances of scientific discoveries that proved that the whole order in our solar system, milky way, galaxy and the entire cosmos evolved not created.

Do you know that the sun is made up of helium and hydrogen gas? This is not just an assumption but a fact.

Do you know the scientists have accurately predicted the impact of asteroid on Jupiter in 1993? This include the hour and minutes of impact and it happens exactly as predicted.

Do you know in 1987 a sun outside our solar system exploded and destroyed all the planets on it's orbit? The explosion was visible to the naked eye for two weeks from the earth.

Do you know Mars once had living things before it's atmosphere was stripped away by solar wind thereby evaporating all the water on it's surface?

Do you know there's probability of life in one of the Saturn's moon called Europa due to the presence of water?

All those things are recent discovery by scientists. But we were told in the bible that trumpet would be blown making the end of the earth.

So my question is, does it mean trumpet was blown in those millions of sun's that underwent nuclear fusion turning into red giants or the planet that its core collapsed turning into a pulsar?

How did the scientists able to predict all this happenings and discoveries?

Take Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune for instance, they were made up of entirely ball of gas without any solid surface. So what's the purpose of creating such giants planets without anything inside? And based on the data the Voyager one sent when it had its first flyby to those planets, the were made up of hydrogen and methane which are the most common elements in space.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by veraiyke(m): 7:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
We shall all see you end.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Jonra(m): 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2018
Thank you for clarifying your beliefs. However I have already said that it makes more sense to believe in a creator because of the impossibility of life evolving without any intelligence before or after the big bang. 10^10^123 is far far greater than 10^50 (refer to my previous post). In simple terms, evolution of life is impossible (Objective fact)

Am wondering why you speak of the elements that all obey the law of physics. Have you ever asked yourself why gravity will always be consistent or the cycles of nature are unchanging? In short, why scientific laws exist so that experiments are reliable and accurate predictions made.

In thinking up an answer, remember that to every effect there's a cause and that before the big bang, the universe was a singularity and the laws of physics don't apply in a singularity. God created the universe, gave it order - the laws came to be.

You spoke of the sun and it's elements. Don't you think it points to the common origin of all the elements in the universe - from the big bang?

You spoke Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9. Wasn't this comet obeying the law of physics?
Physical laws guarantee a level of success with predictions. Again who made the laws?

The possibility of life on Mars and Europe is still up for debate. So I'm wondering where your authoritative assertions come from?
The only reason why those entities excite the scientists is because of the presence of water which is a vital prerequisite for life.

Again, your statement about the exploding sun and if their trumpet was blown sounds superficial as though you want God not to exist. What have you got to lose by believing brother? Which branch of science or bone in your body stipulates that a man must be honest or value life?

God proves Science! And I say to you as the Lord has spoken "come near to God and He will come near to you"

If the lord tarries, when we meet someday I would tell you about French scientist Blaise Pascal, Irish poet Oscar Wilde and their journeys to Christ Jesus from both Agnostic and Hedonistic backgrounds respectively. Not forgetting former editor of an atheist newspaper, Felix Leseur who became a Dominican priest. Also, If you'd also like to hear about C.S. Lewis, I'll oblige you. And then we can unveil the beauty of the gospel together.

Avedonn:

I just gave you few instances of scientific discoveries that proved that the whole order in our solar system, milky way, galaxy and the entire cosmos evolved not created.

Do you know that the sun is made up of helium and hydrogen gas? This is not just an assumption but a fact.

Do you know the scientists have accurately predicted the impact of asteroid on Jupiter in 1993? This include the hour and minutes of impact and it happens exactly as predicted.

Do you know in 1987 a sun outside our solar system exploded and destroyed all the planets on it's orbit? The explosion was visible to the naked eye for two weeks from the earth.

Do you know Mars once had living things before it's atmosphere was stripped away by solar wind thereby evaporating all the water on it's surface?

Do you know there's probability of life in one of the Saturn's moon called Europa due to the presence of water?

All those things are recent discovery by scientists. But we were told in the bible that trumpet would be blown making the end of the earth.

So my question is, does it mean trumpet was blown in those millions of sun's that underwent nuclear fusion turning into red giants or the planet that its core collapsed turning into a pulsar?

How did the scientists able to predict all this happenings and discoveries?

Take Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune for instance, they were made up of entirely ball of gas without any solid surface. So what's the purpose of creating such giants planets without anything inside? And based on the data the Voyager one sent when it had its first flyby to those planets, the were made up of hydrogen and methane which are the most common elements in space.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
ItsTime4me:
Obviously that guy is ignorant. God did not create sin. Imagine a loving parent who loves his children so very much and provides everything they need. Now, this parent gives the children some restrictions at home. Would you blame the parent for such restrictions? Are not the children expected to reciprocate the parent's love hoping that the restrictions are for their benefits?

In the same vain, the tree of the knowledge of good and bad God created was meant to help Adam and Eve appreciate that their freedom is not absolute. They were expected to live within the confines of God's righteous standards. So it is not out of place to expect them to live within these confines as a way to show that they really appreciate the love and care given to them by their loving Father.

Again, imagine that there were no traffic laws and everyone can drive the way they like. How would our roads look like? How safe would our lives be? So you can see that putting measures in place to check peoples' freedom is very important. Restrictions are vitally important in our lives.

Above all, God is all-wise and has our best interests at heart. Like the first example above, a parent who loves his children so very much cannot deliberately do something to hurt his children. How much more our most loving, most caring and most righteous Father. It is inconceivable for him to deliberately create sin in order to punish us.

oga stop using such instances to illustrate what you have in you bible I can never add up
can there be any crime your child would commit that would make you kill your child

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by pennyforthought: 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2018
SheikhMuniru:
MAYBE HE HAS ANOTHER GOD APART FROM GOD ALMIGHTY ALLAH

Allah is just a gay copy of the god of Christianity. The Quran is a literal rip off of the Bible and Torah. If the god of Christianity is stupid then Allah is both jealous and stupid and a bit of a plagiarist.

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Firefire(m): 9:09pm On Jun 25, 2018
FOOL!
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Jonra(m): 9:26pm On Jun 25, 2018
Don't bundle capitalism with missionary work.
The middle ages happened, the crusades happened, and even slave trading. But were these abuses a logical outworking of the Judeo-Christian worldview?

NO! So we can say the perpetrators of those crimes were acting in their own selfish capacity while abusing their belief system (it's still happening today) but I'm not a judge of anybody. I've read Ngugi Thiongos work 'Weep not Child' and it mentions exemplary missionaries in Kenya who spoke an entirely different language from the capitalists and colonial administrators; making assertions like 'All men are equal before God' in agreement with the gospel.

I recommend you read the work of British atheist and journalist Mathew Parris who writes for the times UK

(https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/as-an-atheist-i-truly-believe-africa-needs-god-3xj9bm80h8m)

Do not CARRY God's name in vain is one of the ten commandments. This refers to those who do evil in the name of God. They do more damage to Christianity than the most eloquent atheists. These people will receive their due punishment if unrepentant.

God seeks the hearts you know how, He spoke about the transformation several hundreds of years before Jesus came in Jeremiah 31:33 - "This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people."

Who are these people to be transformed?

"Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham." - Galatians 3:7

"If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

And in the new testament... Hebrew 8:10

"This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people."

God is real. Nietzsche told you he's dead but He's not.
Even objective science reveals his glory and excellence, would you like to hear it?

Or if you want to meet and have your questions answered in Lagos, let me know. Or maybe a Skype session?

Nazaretha1:
Lol. It's quite funny that the same set of people whom Yahweh used to propagate Christianity to our lands were the same people who ripped us of our identities and sold our forefathers as slaves.
Anyway, that's not where I'm going. If you think the gods of my forefathers lost the battle against the Hebrew god, then why are their so many people perpetrating evil in Yahweh's name?
Are you saying Yahweh is only concerned about converting heads, not hearts? Cause I'm very sure the percentage of the devout, not the humanistic "devout", the devout, as the Bible portrays it is very little compared to what we and Yahweh see. Not that I believe there's a Yahweh anyway, that's just an illustration.

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by MusicSots: 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
KINGwax007:
the apple eaten was simply sex between male and female. There was no Eden, there was no serpent. The first sin was sex between them.

If you don't understand, then ask yourself if Adam and Eve were the only one in the world back then. If they were... Answer these questions..

1. Did they gave birth to blacks, whites, Caucasians and other races?

2. Who did Cain marry after he killed Abel? Was it an imaginary daughter of Eve?

3. When Cain ran away, the Bible simply told us that God set a mark on him that nobody should touch him (who are the nobody?) and he ran to the LAND OF NOD where he settled and married a wife!!!!

That explains it all. There was another land and people were there. Don't forget, Cain and Abel were Adam and Eve's first born!

Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel are all symbolic

Nice one! Can you explain the symbolism please. I'm curious to know more
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by felixawe(m): 10:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
The fellow needs his head examined...continue querying God till u understand ur folly
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by NavalObi37: 10:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
GOD WILL REPLY YOU AND YOUR FELLOWS
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Olavic001: 12:12am On Jun 26, 2018
Jonra:
A prophet cannot lie? Yes!

Mohammed said Jesus Christ was a prophet of God?
Yes!

Jesus Christ said "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one goes to the father except by me"

Mohammed is wrong if Jesus was telling the truth (and He was) and if Jesus was lying, Mohammed is still wrong. Resolve this dilemma - start asking questions of Mohammedanism!

Where is the dilemma? Or you want to take it as a paradox? How does being a prophet means you can not be d only way? And funny enough, who told you a prophet cannot lie...... Read more on logical reasoning.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by ballackthetruth: 12:14am On Jun 26, 2018
You have said it all.God ways are not our ways.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Petdagr8t(m): 12:15am On Jun 26, 2018
Mr President, it seems your madness has gone be to control and the mouth diarrhea case you suffered is fast becoming chronic. so at this juncture you need nothing more than sense to realize that our creator is the Almighty and can humble your stupid ass at any time of his wish.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Petdagr8t(m): 12:17am On Jun 26, 2018
Mr President, it seems your madness has gone beyond control and the mouth diarrhea case you suffered from is fast becoming chronic. so at this juncture you need nothing more than sense to realize that our creator is supreme and can humble your stupid ass at any time of his wish.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Olavic001: 12:19am On Jun 26, 2018
Jonra:
Thank you for clarifying your beliefs. However I have already said that it makes more sense to believe in a creator because of the impossibility of life evolving without any intelligence before or after the big bang. 10^10^123 is far far greater than 10^50 (refer to my previous post). In simple terms, evolution of life is impossible (Objective fact)

Am wondering why you speak of the elements that all obey the law of physics. Have you ever asked yourself why gravity will always be consistent or the cycles of nature are unchanging? In short, why scientific laws exist so that experiments are reliable and accurate predictions made.

[h2] In thinking up an answer, remember that to every effect there's a cause and that before the big bang, the universe was a singularity and the laws of physics don't apply in a singularity. God created the universe, gave it order - the laws came to be.[/h2]

You spoke of the sun and it's elements. Don't you think it points to the common origin of all the elements in the universe - from the big bang?

Physical laws guarantee a level of success with predictions. Again who made the laws?

The possibility of life on Mars and Europe is still up for debate. So I'm wondering where your authoritative assertions come from?
The only reason why those entities excite the scientists is because of the presence of water which is a vital prerequisite for life.

Again, your statement about the exploding sun and if their trumpet was blown sounds superficial as though you want God not to exist. What have you got to lose by believing brother? Which branch of science or bone in your body stipulates that a man must be honest or value life?

God proves Science! And I say to you as the Lord has spoken "come near to God and He will come near to you"

If the lord tarries, when we meet someday I would tell you about French scientist Blaise Pascal, Irish poet Oscar Wilde and their journeys to Christ Jesus from both Agnostic and Hedonistic backgrounds respectively. Not forgetting former editor of an atheist newspaper, Felix Leseur who became a Dominican priest. Also, If you'd also like to hear about C.S. Lewis, I'll oblige you. And then we can unveil the beauty of the gospel together.

Following cause and effect....... Who created the creator

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by KanwuliaExtra: 1:23am On Jun 26, 2018

“That son of a b***h is stupid if that’s the case. You created something perfect and then you think of an event that would tempt and destroy the quality of your work.”

I don’t understand myself oooooh!
Very weird.

And people will sheepishly worship such a SADISTIC being? Where is the “love”? The reason their lives are filled with so much suffering all in the name of “free will”?undecided

Miserable BUNCH!

See how Dbanj created a beautiful home that took his son’s life? If he knew he would lose his son, would he build that pool? undecided

Not to mention a so-called omniscient being!
Stupid is an understatement. More like M0R0NIC! embarassed

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by rhektor(m): 3:20am On Jun 26, 2018
Avedonn:
True!
Sometimes the more you think, the more you become confused about this religion of a thing.

The Biblical story of creation didn't just add up. It raised more questions than answers.

For instance, How comes among billions of planets discovered so far in the universe,it's only earth that is always the focal point?

Why would God create and still creating billions of planets and only earth can harbour living things?

What's the purpose of creating them?

Scientists have discovered the evolution of planets with the aid of Hubble telescope and space craft Voyager 1 and still discovering more.

Scientists have also observed the expiration of other planets in the universe after their core collapsed in which they turn in to black hole, red giant or supernova. Does it mean those planets have experience the so called rapture or what?

Science is gradually disproving the logic of religion.

How come of all the billions of planet the one you choose to appear is earth?

God create the earth for the living those other planet or planetary bodies are inconsequential to your existence here, are they?

Scientists has discovered nothing in evolution of planet, its all hogwash and delusion ask yourself why they have failed incessantly to discover life here on earth, some claimed that life came from nonlife materials yet with all the sophisticated technology and high class laboratory there has never been any form of life created from non life materials, oga stop talking trash

Your logic has even collapse before you write gibberish here
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by rhektor(m): 3:23am On Jun 26, 2018
Olavic001:

Following cause and effect....... Who created the creator

Firstly have you accepted that there is a creator?
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by rhektor(m): 3:27am On Jun 26, 2018
darkchild64:

oga stop using such instances to illustrate what you have in you bible I can never add up
can there be any crime your child would commit that would make you kill your child

And those who used their children for rituals aren't the real parents of those children right? You must be the wisest person on earth Mtchewwwwwwwww
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Badeku: 3:56am On Jun 26, 2018
No comment
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 26, 2018
rhektor:

And those who used their children for rituals aren't the real parents of those children right? You must be the wisest person on earth Mtchewwwwwwwww
fantastic response,now those who use their children for ritual,would you describe them as good or bad,bad I'm sure
let's draw a parallel with the bible,your god demanded Jephthah to sacrifice his only child as a promise to him,does that ring a bell ?

meanwhile the point of my post is that the relationship between Yahweh and man as described by the bible is nothing similar to what you find between parents and their children,no LOVING parent would punish his grandchildren because of the sins of their parents (the children),but your god promises to punish even the fifth generation because of the sins of the parents,and in many instances inflicted families with diseases e.g Gehazi

Now to cap it all he promises to send his "BELOVED" creation to hell,let me ask u a simple question,assuming heaven and hell exists and u saw us son being sent to hell because he lied before his death,if "God" gave you the option to allow him go to hell or to automatically change his destination to heaven which would you choose for him HEAVEN or HELL ?
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by GoldNiagara(m): 6:36am On Jun 26, 2018
Paperwhite:
shocked Now left to God to prove him otherwise even as he created him in his own image.How God does it is His own business & not like a helpless god that commandeth his followers to kill for him.

To prove what, when your houseboy call you an impotent man, do you rape him to prove you are not impotent?
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by GoldNiagara(m): 6:38am On Jun 26, 2018
Shit like this happens when you elect godless men into power!
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by DavidEsq(m): 7:23am On Jun 26, 2018
afroniger:
Duterte may behave crazy at times, but he is obviously a deep thinker and is making sense in this instance, because the whole biblical creation story about how 'sin' came about is very stupid and irrarional, really. undecided
No amount of wisdom or learning can come from being confrontational. Rather, a probing and open mind never lacks knowledge. Is the president's approach confrontational or probing and open? Have u ever learned anything by putting on a confrontational approach? Hells naw!
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by DavidEsq(m): 7:38am On Jun 26, 2018
darkchild64:

fantastic response,now those who use their children for ritual,would you describe them as good or bad,bad I'm sure
let's draw a parallel with the bible,your god demanded Jephthah to sacrifice his only child as a promise to him,does that ring a bell ?

meanwhile the point of my post is that the relationship between Yahweh and man as described by the bible is nothing similar to what you find between parents and their children,no LOVING parent would punish his grandchildren because of the sins of their parents (the children),but your god promises to punish even the fifth generation because of the sins of the parents,and in many instances inflicted families with diseases e.g Gehazi

Now to cap it all he promises to send his "BELOVED" creation to hell,let me ask u a simple question,assuming heaven and hell exists and u saw us son being sent to hell because he lied before his death,if "God" gave you the option to allow him go to hell or to automatically change his destination to heaven which would you choose for him HEAVEN or HELL ?
Hell doesn't exist pls. Even the original bible texts "The septuagint or some name like that", which is the original Greek scriptures (new testament) uses the word "gehenna" and that was a word used for a furnace for burning refuse and other unwanted things, such as the bodies of condemned criminals, diseased corpses, etc. No living thing was ever put there. This furnace was located on the outskirts of Jerusalem at a place called the valley of sinon. Further more Jeremiah 32:35 says ".......in order to make their sons and daughters pass thru the fire.....something that I had not commanded them and that has never come into my heart to do such a detestable thing.....".
This scripture reveals that it has never crossed the mind of God to burn anyone alive, with the intention that such a person survives such burning, as the word "pass thru the fire" suggests.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nazaretha1(m): 7:57am On Jun 26, 2018
I knew you would definitely say this which is very much understandable. A non violent Moslem would say the same thing. As I heard from a Moslem cleric sometime ago,"don't judge the religion by the people, judge the people by the religion", he also gave Koranic explanations as to why Islam is a religion if peace. You guys elucidated the same points though expressed in different forms but I want you to know that the time and age at which the crusades happened are no excuse. Right from time has man known the difference between good and bad in his cognition.
FYI, Yat Sun Yen university, China, 2015 successfully modified the DNA of a human embryo despite the fact that we only understand 5% of the information in our DNA yet.
Bonobo, à specie of apes, the chimpanzees and humans have 98.8% DNA similarities. I tolerate every religion and I don't want this to sound blasphemous but in truth, if the Hebrew god did create man in his own image, isn't it just ideal to say that he also is 98.8% similar in DNA structure to some sort of extraordinary or so to speak, heavenly ape?
Religious people around the world believe that the earth is about 6000 years old but scientists have found fossils that dated back to millions of years.
Asides that fact, we know there are skulls and skeletal structures of earlier genuses of Homo.
The kind of spirituality religious people observe is known as the spirituality of the God of the gaps. In ancient Greece, it was believed that the movement of the tides was due to Poseidon's mood, lightening and thunder were affirmation of Zeus's might. It was easy to represent the phenomenon that they didn't understand with gods thus, the God of the gaps.
Christianity has always believed that God placed mankind at the center of the universe, I laugh when I hear this. Really? Ha! He didn't even place man at the center of man's own solar system. The church persecuted Nicolaus Copernicus and killed Galileo Galilee for these discoveries, causing the history of the Illuminati (not the demonic flesh eating and occultic group that the unholy Roman church had portrayed it to be).
The fossils in the Grand Canyon are in layers, if the biblical flood during the time of Noah really happened, the fossils should be mixed due to the fact that drowning animals would try to swim up. Shouldn't they?
If we go to California, we would find the bristlecone pine trees that are 6800 years old, old Tjikko tree is the oldest living tree, 9560 years old. It's in Sweden. If the flood happened, and it did destroy every form of life, why are these trees still living? Besides, how could they be older than creation itself? Or was the earth not dark and void before God said, "let there be light?"
I'm tired of typing sef. I've learnt too much to believe these religious stories and I've left them as what they are, myths.
To be fair, not all scientists don't believe in the existence of God or gods because most people have compartmentalize scientists as atheists.
It doesn't cost me anything to believe in a god but I don't have proof to believing. Like my Moslem friend said, "maybe we should all believe in a God, so that if we die and we eventually discovered that there's no God, we have nothing to lose but if reverse is the case, then we have everything to gain". Well, I would say I'd like to take that risk.
Jonra:
Don't bundle capitalism with missionary work.
The middle ages happened, the crusades happened, and even slave trading. But were these abuses a logical outworking of the Judeo-Christian worldview?

NO! So we can say the perpetrators of those crimes were acting in their own selfish capacity while abusing their belief system (it's still happening today) but I'm not a judge of anybody. I've read Ngugi Thiongos work 'Weep not Child' and it mentions exemplary missionaries in Kenya who spoke an entirely different language from the capitalists and colonial administrators; making assertions like 'All men are equal before God' in agreement with the gospel.

I recommend you read the work of British atheist and journalist Mathew Parris who writes for the times UK

(https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/as-an-atheist-i-truly-believe-africa-needs-god-3xj9bm80h8m)

Do not CARRY God's name in vain is one of the ten commandments. This refers to those who do evil in the name of God. They do more damage to Christianity than the most eloquent atheists. These people will receive their due punishment if unrepentant.

God seeks the hearts you know how, He spoke about the transformation several hundreds of years before Jesus came in Jeremiah 31:33 - "This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people."

Who are these people to be transformed?

"Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham." - Galatians 3:7

"If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

And in the new testament... Hebrew 8:10

"This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people."

God is real. Nietzsche told you he's dead but He's not.
Even objective science reveals his glory and excellence, would you like to hear it?

Or if you want to meet and have your questions answered in Lagos, let me know. Or maybe a Skype session?

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nazaretha1(m): 8:10am On Jun 26, 2018
I don't know about hell or no hell but you're correct about the Septuagint. It was the translation of the Hebrew Bible to Greek for the Jews in Alexandria who had forgotten their Hebrew well before the birth of Christ.
DavidEsq:

Hell doesn't exist pls. Even the original bible texts "The septuagint or some name like that", which is the original Greek scriptures (new testament) uses the word "gehenna" and that was a word used for a furnace for burning refuse and other unwanted things, such as the bodies of condemned criminals, diseased corpses, etc. No living thing was ever put there. This furnace was located on the outskirts of Jerusalem at a place called the valley of sinon. Further more Jeremiah 32:35 says ".......in order to make their sons and daughters pass thru the fire.....something that I had not commanded them and that has never come into my heart to do such a detestable thing.....".
This scripture reveals that it has never crossed the mind of God to burn anyone alive, with the intention that such a person survives such burning, as the word "pass thru the fire" suggests.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by rhektor(m): 8:27am On Jun 26, 2018
darkchild64:

Thinking that heaven and hell does not exist will not change the reality of hell and heaven. So be sure to get what you want.
If your child score 20 in jamb and the registrar because he is your acquaintance permit you to place him in any university of your choice which you did don't you think the child will latter disgrace you with low CGPA? The choice is yours.

On God punishing the iniquity of the fathers on their children you fail to complete the statement and that's your undoing, just for you to make your statements look reasonable you omit the remaining part of that scripture
Deuteronomy 5:9-10

9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments
Why did you omit "of them that hate me"?
Can you you see how logic end in the trash bin?
Finally God did not design that lake of fire for humanity however, whoever chooses to go there by their actions or inaction, God will punish forever. Me man get your facts right and stop spewing what you don't know
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Avedonn: 9:04am On Jun 26, 2018
Jonra:

In thinking up an answer, remember that to every effect there's a cause and that before the big bang, the universe was a singularity and the laws of physics don't apply in a singularity. God created the universe, gave it order - the laws came to be.

Good points.
It seems like you are a physicist. Now let me clue you in.

1. The exploding sun I mentioned wasn't a prediction. It was observed clearly with Hubble telescope and even nked eye

2. You mentioned gravity, where did the gravity originate from?

3. You said life on Mars, Europa and Titan was just an assumption! but do you know the water in Europa and Titan are more than the whole water on earth? And you and I know if there's water there could be life.

4. Do you know dry river bed was discovered by NASA rover New horizon on Mars?

5. You also mentioned of Comet shoemaker levy that impacted Jupiter. Then how comes the scientists were able to predict the impact three years ahead with precision and even the point of impact?

6. You said there'd be rapture then tell me how comes all the dinosaurs were wiped away by comets about 65 million years ago? The impact of the comet left a very large depression in Mexico till date. Why all this wasn't mentioned in the bible?

7. Bible also mentioned that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of sin. But volcanologists have discovered that it was just a volcanic eruption that wiped them away because most of the ancient people prefer to settled at the foot of a mountain.

8. You also said scientists haven't discovered the evolution of planets? Perhaps you are not update. NASA in collaboration with European space agency, have sent a space craft "Voyager 2" into deep space beyond our solar system. And the Voyager have discovered the evolution of planets. For instance, planet epsolone eredani was discovered to be evolving with the combination of ice, dust and gas in 2010.

Also the same Voyager discovered the proxima A and B solar system. That's two Suns revolving around each other without any planets around them.

Now let me ask you a simple question

Is it God that kept the moon tidally locked with the earth or other planetary moons tidally locked to their parent planets?
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Olavic001: 5:34pm On Jun 26, 2018
rhektor:

Firstly have you accepted that there is a creator?
Accepting is of no consequence, I'm just following your logic.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2018
Avedonn:
True!
Sometimes the more you think, the more you become confused about this religion of a thing.

The Biblical story of creation didn't just add up. It raised more questions than answers.

For instance, How comes among billions of planets discovered so far in the universe,it's only earth that is always the focal point?

Why would God create and still creating billions of planets and only earth can harbour living things?

What's the purpose of creating them?

Scientists have discovered the evolution of planets with the aid of Hubble telescope and space craft Voyager 1 and still discovering more.

Scientists have also observed the expiration of other planets in the universe after their core collapsed in which they turn in to black hole, red giant or supernova. Does it mean those planets have experience the so called rapture or what?

Science is gradually disproving the logic of religion.

Science disproved religion long ago! Its Africans who don't want to accept it. When your brain can't handle something, you run away from it, right? But running away from reality doesn't change a thing. The best countries in the world today are that way because of science, not because of religion.

These first-world countries are that way because they've long-known that over-reliance on religion, spirits, or God makes people dumb and human potential is not explored.

If over-emphasis on religion worked, everything we wish for and have faith in would materialize. Ever wondered why countries like the U.S. became very powerful? It is over-dependence on empirical science and technology. That is: observable, predictable, manipulatable, tested, and man-created things - not dependence on God or some spirit or abstract religion.

They built their country, medical science that cure diseases, and they built their military weapons using science and technology. That is why they control the world. Religion is not why they dominate us. Although their best schools - Havard and Standford were started by churches, they are used today to emphasize secular humanism and to teach and focus on science and technology, not God or religion or dependence on spirits.

Read through the history of the post-medieval period, leading up to the Renaissance period, and you'll see that Europeans fought hard to de-emphasize religion and when science started taking hold, "the Church" fought hard to maintain its strangle hold on society.

"The Church" even went as far as punishing scientists - Galileo Galilei was sentenced to death (later reduced to house arrest) by the Church because he defined the universe based on its physical observable characteristics, which ran contrary to the Churchs' orthodoxy and its age-long indoctrinations.

Once their eyes opened, Europeans fought off reliance on religion and God and it is why the industrial revolution occurred there. The Industrial revolution could have occurred in the Arab world or in Asia, but religion and over-emphasis on religion, spirits, and God stopped it.

It is the reason why China today insists that religion must remain separated from the state, because if their President start saying that "God will help us to get electricity or to build factories, that will be the end of their industrial advancement.

For there is no country where God, spirits or religion creates infrastructure. Human effort, through science and technology, creates these innovations. Sadly, it is only in Africa that you hear God this, religion that, and that is why we are not developed. We must de-emphasize religion and spirits and instead promote the ingenuity of the human mind through science and technology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Iran Executes Man Convicted Of Spying On General Qassem Soleimani Killed By US / Meet Mamoudou Gassama: The Malian Who Saved A Child In France, The Job Offers / Tailor Beheaded For Sharing Politician's Blasphemy Post Online In India (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.