Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:53 AM

President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' (47819 Views)

Duterte To Jail Those Who Refuse COVID-19 Vaccines / President Rodrigo Duterte: I Used To Be Gay, 'Cured' Myself With Beautiful Women / Rodrigo Duterte Brags About His Huge Manhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by ollah2: 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
Bhol28:
Continue expressing your belief oga phillipian,Pharaoh did more than this,God being a very humble God waited till the right time to show him He exists.Just that he didn,t survive the last strike from God at the red sea.

Is the old God different from the new God? I wonder why he took fast actions in the books but doesn't in reality.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nazaretha1(m): 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
Brilliant. For me, I think if I would believe in a god, it should be the gods of my fore fathers. The traditional gods of my culture, not these Asian, Middle Eastern gods and religions that I don't even understand fully.
alabo1:

Well said bro. Religion never ceases to amuse me. I find it funny that adherents of one religion take their myths as reality and are perplexed that non-believers do not. All religions are constructs of man and none of the myths of any religion are superior to the other. For me the tales in the bible are no different from my traditional mythology. Peace

2 Likes

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Yankiss(m): 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
shegzmartinsduke:
don't u understand english? i used 'might.' OLODO
Don't understand which English? Why the insinuation in the first place? Beg God for forgiveness and stop vicarious support for demonic forces.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Jonra(m): 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
Duterte comes across as a man who will only be interested in reasons not to believe in God. Like some other commenters on this thread.

It baffles me to hear an African man, born and bred in Nigeria say that they don't believe in God (you never jam bass?). By the way I'm Christian and thank God I enjoy a novelty that's unfading - in knowing, loving and serving God daily.

Ever heard of entropy? - it's the degree of disorder in a system. The universe is a closed system which means that disorder ought to reign supreme. But that's not the case at all!

In the book 'God and the Astronomers' by Robert Jastrow, one can glimpse why many astronomers were uncomfortable with admitting that the universe has a beginning. For there must be a beginner - a superintelligence behind it all. A Dictionary's not formed from an explosion at a printing press sad

In a study by Roger Penrose at Oxford, the probability that life just evolved from the big bang given the initial conditions was determined as 10^10^123. You could write all the zeros from this probability on all the atoms in the physical universe (10^79) a million times over and there'll be still be many zeros left. Note that in statistics, anything beyond 10^50 is an impossibility. .
So to believe that there's no God is to have more faith than the Christian. Instead of disorder what you and I see is the work of superintelligent design.

In argument by mathematics, this is sound argument. There is God and 'No one can please God without faith, for whoever comes to God must have faith that He exists and rewards those who seek Him' - Hebrew 11:6

If you wish to meet and discuss the Christian faith. It can an be arranged. God loves you very much!

There's absolute coherence and correspondence (with reality) in the gospel. With sufficient answers to the questions of origin, meaning, morality and destiny.

PS: He has revealed enough for reason to discover Him, and hidden so much that reason alone cannot be enough. Shalom!

So much to say... We should talk!

Avedonn:
True!
Sometimes the more you think, the more you become confused about this religion of a thing.

The Biblical story of creation didn't just add up. It raised more questions than answers.

For instance, How comes among billions of planets discovered so far in the universe,it's only earth that is always the focal point?

Why would God create and still creating billions of planets and only earth can harbour living things?

What's the purpose of creating them?

Scientists have discovered the evolution of planets with the aid of Hubble telescope and space craft Voyager 1 and still discovering more.

Scientists have also observed the expiration of other planets in the universe after their core collapsed in which they turn in to black hole, red giant or supernova. Does it mean those planets have experience the so called rapture or what?

Science is gradually disproving the logic of religion.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Olameen1713: 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
stefanbanach:
Agreed, the biblical God is misogynistic, sadistic and a psychopath.... this proves that the Bible was probably written by some cavemen or lunatic.....

Same with the Islamic God called Allah... Who permits Muslims to sleep with little children and commit genocide in the name of Jihad.... This proves that the Qur'an, though slightly philosophical, was probably written by the notable prophet who was also a paedophile....

All the same, all God's of all religions are non-existent....

The only true God is inside you.....

You really lack knowledge about Islam. You need to be enlightened...
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Sunnyflex(m): 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2018
[quote author=stefanbanach post=68807673]Agreed, the biblical God is misogynistic, sadistic and a psychopath.... this proves that the Bible was probably written by some cavemen or lunatic.....

Same with the Islamic God called Allah... Who permits Muslims to sleep with little children and commit genocide in the name of Jihad.... This proves that the Qur'an, though slightly philosophical, was probably written by the notable prophet who was also a paedophile....

The only true God is inside you..... [/quote

Your statements are erroneous.Free thinkers like u cannot know the mystery behind creation and God himself.Don't allow the judgement of God to extend to u, as it has already extended to the Philippines President except he repent.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by badman007(m): 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2018
Religion is crazy.

Religion is shit.

All we need is love.

Nigeria would be great when we start to think about less privileged.

Less about God.

2 Likes

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Jonra(m): 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
Have you at least tried to understand?

What happened with the gods of your forefathers, why didn't they win their fight against God?

If you believe in the idea of moral progress, there are reasons to ask questions of your forefathers.

"Come near to God and He'll come near to you..." - James 4:8

Nazaretha1:
Brilliant. For me, I think if I would believe in a god, it should be the gods of my fore fathers. The traditional gods of my culture, not these Asian, Middle Eastern gods and religions that I don't even understand fully.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nazaretha1(m): 6:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
I'm not sure Solomon consummated with children but hell yeah, he was a badass polygamist and there we go, religious people are always trying to justify the loopholes in their religions by blaming others'. It's just like Christians screaming Boko Haram this, Boko Haram that but are secretly smiling when they read of the Isreali-Gaza attacks. They call Osama Bin Laden several names and say their god brought him to justice but refuse to talk about the Ku Klux Khan or the havoc caused by the Holy crusaders and the church.
ollah2:

It's all fictitious. Men before Muhammed did exact same thing e.g. Solomon. But it's all scripted

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by rosalieene(f): 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2018
stefanbanach:
Agreed, the biblical God is misogynistic, sadistic and a psychopath.... this proves that the Bible was probably written by some cavemen or lunatic.....

I pity you.

you don't know what you are incurring on yourself by insulting God.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Jonra(m): 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2018
A prophet cannot lie? Yes!

Mohammed said Jesus Christ was a prophet of God?
Yes!

Jesus Christ said "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one goes to the father except by me"

Mohammed is wrong if Jesus was telling the truth (and He was) and if Jesus was lying, Mohammed is still wrong. Resolve this dilemma - start asking questions of Mohammedanism!

Olameen1713:

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by ollah2: 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2018
Nazaretha1:
I'm not sure Solomon consummated with children but hell yeah, he was a badass polygamist and there we go, religious people are always trying to justify the loopholes in their religions by blaming others'. It's just like Christians screaming Boko Haram this, Boko Haram that but are secretly smiling when they read of the Isreali-Gaza attacks. They call Osama Bin Laden several names and say their god brought him to justice but refuse to talk about the Ku Klux Khan or the havoc caused by the Holy crusaders and the church.

The world is full of hypocrites and most of them are the so called religious people based on one faith or another.

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nazaretha1(m): 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2018
Lol. It's quite funny that the same set of people whom Yahweh used to propagate Christianity to our lands were the same people who ripped us of our identities and sold our forefathers as slaves.
Anyway, that's not where I'm going. If you think the gods of my forefathers lost the battle against the Hebrew god, then why are their so many people perpetrating evil in Yahweh's name?
Are you saying Yahweh is only concerned about converting heads, not hearts? Cause I'm very sure the percentage of the devout, not the humanistic "devout", the devout, as the Bible portrays it is very little compared to what we and Yahweh see. Not that I believe there's a Yahweh anyway, that's just an illustration.
Jonra:
Have you at least tried to understand?

What happened with the gods of your forefathers, why didn't they win their fight against God?

If you believe in the idea of moral progress, there are reasons to ask questions of your forefathers.

"Come near to God and He'll come near to you..." - James 4:8

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 25, 2018
rosalieene:

I pity you.

you don't know what you are incurring on yourself by insulting God.
keep your pity and empty threats....

Your God couldn't save his own people when Hitler killed over 6 million of them.....

Fake God.

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Abdulnur(m): 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
stefanbanach:

But the xtian God rogue pass, nigga dash ppl sin den saw his son getting fxcked in the name of reprisal and then redash you more sins.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
[quote author=Sunnyflex post=68813540][/quote]How do you know the mind of God?.... Take your empty threats and get out of my mentions
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
Olameen1713:

why did Muhammad marry a 6 year old girl?
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nazaretha1(m): 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
Man makes up stories to for the things he doesn't understand.
We're worshipping the gods of the gaps.
ollah2:

The world is full of hypocrites and most of them are the so called religious people based on one faith or another.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 25, 2018
Abdulnur:

But the xtian God rogue pass, nigga dash ppl sin den saw his son getting fxcked in the name of reprisal and then redash you more sins.
agreed.... If the Christian God were human, he'd be roaming the street naked.....

Created sin and offered his son to be sacrificed to him so that he can forgive humans....

Insanity wey climb tree
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2018
Mr. Duterte, whatever you do, please do not blaspheme GOD. You do so at your own peril!
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by LastDays777: 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2018
Knowledge will surely increase in the the last days ...
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Bass123(m): 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2018
Psalm 14:1 KJV
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Some say deep thinker! Indeed but I think someone is being foolish.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by LastDays777: 6:35pm On Jun 25, 2018
xtervaganza:
The man is right.

Anyone who disagree with him is also stupid

Oh yes because he knows it all! undecided
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by KINGwax007(m): 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2018
MusicSots:

Elucidate please
the apple eaten was simply sex between male and female. There was no Eden, there was no serpent. The first sin was sex between them.

If you don't understand, then ask yourself if Adam and Eve were the only one in the world back then. If they were... Answer these questions..

1. Did they gave birth to blacks, whites, Caucasians and other races?

2. Who did Cain marry after he killed Abel? Was it an imaginary daughter of Eve?

3. When Cain ran away, the Bible simply told us that God set a mark on him that nobody should touch him (who are the nobody?) and he ran to the LAND OF NOD where he settled and married a wife!!!!

That explains it all. There was another land and people were there. Don't forget, Cain and Abel were Adam and Eve's first born!

Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel are all symbolic

2 Likes

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Kingspin(m): 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
You can only go free in Christendom try the other religion.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Avedonn: 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2018
Jonra:
Duterte comes across as a man who will only be interested in reasons not to believe in God. Like some other commenters on this thread.

It baffles me to hear an African man, born and bred in Nigeria say that they don't believe in God (you never jam bass?). By the way I'm Christian and thank God I enjoy a novelty that's unfading - in knowing, loving and serving God daily.

Ever heard of entropy? - it's the degree of disorder in a system. The universe is a closed system which means that disorder ought to reign supreme. But that's not the case at all!

In the book 'God and the Astronomers' by Robert Jastrow, one can glimpse why many astronomers were uncomfortable with admitting that the universe has a beginning. For there must be a beginner - a superintelligence behind it all. A Dictionary's not formed from an explosion at a printing press sad

In a study by Roger Penrose at Oxford, the probability that life just evolved from the big bang given the initial conditions was determined as 10^10^123. You could write all the zeros from this probability on all the atoms in the physical universe (10^79) a million times over and there'll be still be many zeros left. Note that in statistics, anything beyond 10^50 is an impossibility. .
So to believe that there's no God is to have more faith than the Christian. Instead of disorder what you and I see is the work of superintelligent design.

In argument by mathematics, this is sound argument. There is God and 'No one can please God without faith, for whoever comes to God must have faith that He exists and rewards those who seek Him' - Hebrew 11:6

If you wish to meet and discuss the Christian faith. It can an be arranged. God loves you very much!

There's absolute coherence and correspondence (with reality) in the gospel. With sufficient answers to the questions of origin, meaning, morality and destiny.

PS: He has revealed enough for reason to discover Him, and hidden so much that reason alone cannot be enough. Shalom!

So much to say... We should talk!

I just gave you few instances of scientific discoveries that proved that the whole order in our solar system, milky way, galaxy and the entire cosmos evolved not created.

Do you know that the sun is made up of helium and hydrogen gas? This is not just an assumption but a fact.

Do you know the scientists have accurately predicted the impact of asteroid on Jupiter in 1993? This include the hour and minutes of impact and it happens exactly as predicted.

Do you know in 1987 a sun outside our solar system exploded and destroyed all the planets on it's orbit? The explosion was visible to the naked eye for two weeks from the earth.

Do you know Mars once had living things before it's atmosphere was stripped away by solar wind thereby evaporating all the water on it's surface?

Do you know there's probability of life in one of the Saturn's moon called Europa due to the presence of water?

All those things are recent discovery by scientists. But we were told in the bible that trumpet would be blown making the end of the earth.

So my question is, does it mean trumpet was blown in those millions of sun's that underwent nuclear fusion turning into red giants or the planet that its core collapsed turning into a pulsar?

How did the scientists able to predict all this happenings and discoveries?

Take Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune for instance, they were made up of entirely ball of gas without any solid surface. So what's the purpose of creating such giants planets without anything inside? And based on the data the Voyager one sent when it had its first flyby to those planets, the were made up of hydrogen and methane which are the most common elements in space.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Mrmezico(m): 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
but before we start bashing this Rodrigo with words, let's reason it this way first because God himself gave us the ability to think and reason.

in the story of Adam and eve, God created them perfectly with the mission that they will not surfer in the future, they will leave all their life in the garden of eden
happily like little kids with no worry.

and he(God) knows wht the Satan is capable of doing, he knows that Satan will get Eve to deceive Ada because he knows everything, and yet he still allow the Satan to tempt them.

Again, we always refer to yourself as sinners from birth

I don't see myself as a sinner from birth because my father married my mum legally and they leave together as a husband and wife before I was conceive.

sex is only considers as sin when done out of wedlock, but between married couples, it ain't sin again, so I'm not a product of sin,
I'm not conceived with sin because bible didn't condemn marriage and bible didn't recorded sex between husband and wife as son.

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Olameen1713: 6:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
stefanbanach:
why did Muhammad marry a 6 year old girl?

He didn't marry a six year old girl. It was just a rumor to denigrate his personality.

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by redangel2017: 6:51pm On Jun 25, 2018
Thursday11:
He should not be criticized, there's freedom of speech
freedom of speech right?... But when one insults ur father at ur face pls say its freedom of speech.. Always thinking selfishly angry

1 Like

Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by redangel2017: 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2018
xtervaganza:
The man is right.

Anyone who disagree with him is also stupid
u er lost
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 25, 2018
Olameen1713:

He didn't marry a six year old girl. It was just a rumor to denigrate his personality.
Sahih Bukhari 5.236.
Narrated Hisham's father:
Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old.
Re: President Rodrigo Duterte Calls God 'Stupid' by Emmahunk(m): 7:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
Just watch and see how he will end . No one has ever mocked God and lived

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Iran Executes Man Convicted Of Spying On General Qassem Soleimani Killed By US / Sanna Marin Divorces Her Husband, Markus Raikkonen / Gas explosion At Atomic Junction In Accra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.