Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,027 members, 7,939,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:06 PM

New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format (26835 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / MAGNIFICENT: The New RCCG 12 Million Capacity Auditorium (photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Enigma(m): 11:15am On Jun 11, 2010
Redman44:

. . . Is it not Pastor  Enoch Adeboye [ I respect him and his Ministry ] that told a gathering of thousands of Area Pastors, Deacons and Workers that God told him if the rapture should take place at the moment he was speaking to them, only about 3-5 people would make heaven? The story still makes me shudder in fear and trembling as I type this post. . . .

The pastor doesn't know what he is talking about; he was telling lies from his own heart!

@Topic

Informed Christians know very well that "tithing" is not an obligation for a Christian; those preaching/teaching "tithing" are either fraudulent or misinformed. It is also insidious and sheer corruption to ask people bringing "tithes" to come forward for prayer (and recognition?).
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:18am On Jun 11, 2010
nuclearboy:

@vanitty:

Did you read anything I wrote at all?

Who are the unbelievers here you are talking about? The questions you REFUSE to answer are many and they show you to not be sure of what you are saying - [1] those "great servants" that Jesus Himself said He will say He does not know - are they Christian pastors or Imams? [2] Why will He say He never knew these"workers of iniquity" if they are and did right AND taught what was right? [3] Who was God talking to in Malachi (priests or regular israelis? [4] Have you ever noticed that fanatics (Jos and suicide bombers are examples) turn everything into a fight instead of bringing "true proof" and that it is because they have only lies to depend on so they "da si rough"? [5] Why are you turning this into a fight and insults if you have truth on your side? Why not just "show forth your strong reasons like Is 45 says?

Nobody tells you NOT to give but if you think you can bribe God for "blessing" or open the windows of Heaven through tithes,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The berean Christians are praised in the Bible ONLY because whatever even Paul told them, they went back home and checked the scriptures to be sure he was telling the truth - are you a berean Christian or following sheepishly? There's no fight here. Just bring truth, facts, Bible verses backed by study not half baked rubbish that depends on insults to make oneself look good. No man can support God. Remember the Pharisees kept trying to say they were supporting God by fighting Jesus.

Bring your facts to the table

Look at who is talking!  Is this a case of a pot calling a kettle black?  This is the person who believes that he has the "truth" on his side and shows it by turning a discussion into a fight by the use of expletives, vituperations, ridicule and ad hominems as you can see in the post below in another thread, and yet you have the guts to accuse someone else of turning discussions into a fight.  This is what you said:

nuclearboy:

angry Jesoul will have to forgive me here!

@Joagbaje:

Watch your mouth. Blaspheme? Because I speak about one swing-hipped fake-phonetics spouting likely homosexual mofo, you say I'm blashpheming? You don craze before abi you chop rabbit food with fried eggs?

WTF do you think your oyaks is? Greater than Peter when Paul rebuked him? Or that he is our high priest when the Bible says there is only one high priest in the entire priesthood of believers and that Jesus Christ? Where's the seniority in that aside your asinine grovelling for Naira's sake.

Men of God? And what am I, Aletheia, Enigma, you, Africankel etc? Men of bottles? Or men of plastic? Well, maybe you are a man of satan anyway. idol worshipper worshipping fake jeri-curls. Ode agbalagba!

Someone please warn this $%^@###.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-340740.96.html

Do you know Jesus as your personal Saviour and Lord?  If the answer is yes then listen to His admonition and you will be the wiser if you take it to heart:

"out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh" and "Except ye repent ye shall likewise perish"
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KunleOshob(m): 11:19am On Jun 11, 2010
^^^
@mpoku
Contrary to your assertions above deut 14:22-29 states exactly how God wanted the israelites [tithing was never directed at christians] to practise tithing, unfortunately most pastors don't preach tithing according to the word of God becos of their greedy ulterior motives.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by bong4(m): 11:43am On Jun 11, 2010
Well ,Well, Well Only the stingy will oppose tithing and expect God to talk to them on it directly. Go to Malachi 3 and read up. It is not compulsory but if you believe the God that said You shall be blessed and That The Lord is thy Shepherd, why is it too difficult for you to believe that you must pay your tithe. Besides God is not a beggar and your ten percent will not, i repeat will add shishi to his numerous wealth. How much do you guys even make that you think tithing should be difficult?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by stagger: 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2010
Most anti-tithers have never read Malachi chapter 3, or any of the other bible verses that described Abraham as having paid tithes, the commandment to the Levites on tithing, and tithing in present day as being collected by Jesus. Check these verses out:

» Genesis 14:20 – Melchizedek comes out to meet Abraham, as Abraham gives him a tithe of the spoils of his victory.
» Genesis 28:20-22 – After the vision of God’s renewed covenant, Jacob initiates a covenant with God vowing to give him a tithe of what he receives from the promised land.
» Leviticus 27:30-32 – God gives Moses specifics of the tithe as it is introduced into the law of Moses.
» Numbers 18:21 – The tithe is dedicated to the Levites (the priests, or like today, the pastors for the work in the tabernacle.
» Deuteronomy 12:5-11 – God gives instructions for what to do with the tithe once Israel crosses the Jordan. (Pleasethose wondering what the tithe is used for should read this).
» Deuteronomy 14:22-29 – God gives instructions on how to disperse and exchange the tithe. (God again giving instructions on the tithe)

Deuteronomy 26:12-15 – God gives instructions on how Israel should sanctify the tithe before they can ask for a blessing.
» 2 Chronicles 31:5-12 – The children of Israel do what’s right under the reign of Hezekiah, and bring the tithes to the designated places.
» Nehemiah 10:37-38 – Israel obeys God and brings the tithes to the storehouse.
» Nehemiah 12:44 – Officers were appointed to watch over the tithes in the storehouse.
» Nehemiah 13:5-12 – Nehemiah cleanses the storehouse and kicks Tobiah out of the room that was designated to store the tithe. He then restores order.
» Amos 4:4 – God commands Israel to bring back the tithe and reiterates the curse that is upon them if they don’t.
» Malachi 3:8-10 – God reprimands Israel for not delivering the tithe, and reiterates the blessings and curse that would be in result of whatever decision they chose.
» Luke 11:42 – A parallel passage of Matthew 23:23 as Jesus rebukes the Pharisees for not obeying the weightier matters of the law along with tithing.
» Hebrews 7:5-9 – Abraham’s tithe is used to illustrate a change concerning the priesthood.

People should learn to read the bible and MEDITATE AND STUDY IT instead of depending on tales from those who know nothing of the bible.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Enigma(m): 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2010
Kunle has been referring to the passage below but of course none of those defending the "tithing" fraud has been bold or honest enough to tackle it!

Deuteronomy 14

22 “You shall truly tithe all the increase of your grain that the field produces year by year.

23 And you shall eat before the LORD your God, in the place where He chooses to make His name abide, the tithe of your grain and your new wine and your oil, of the firstborn of your herds and your flocks, that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.

24 But if the journey is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, or if the place where the LORD your God chooses to put His name is too far from you, when the LORD your God has blessed you, 25 then you shall exchange it for money, take the money in your hand, and go to the place which the LORD your God chooses. 26 And you shall spend that money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen or sheep, for wine or similar drink, for whatever your heart desires; you shall eat there before the LORD your God, and you shall rejoice, you and your household. 27 You shall not forsake the Levite who is within your gates, for he has no part nor inheritance with you.

28 “At the end of every third year you shall bring out the tithe of your produce of that year and store it up within your gates. 29 And the Levite, because he has no portion nor inheritance with you, and the stranger and the fatherless and the widow who are within your gates, may come and eat and be satisfied, that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hand which you do.

So, how many of the "tithe" preachers ever comply with this passage from the Bible?

How many tell the "tither" that he himself can eat the "tithe"?

How many tell the "tither" that if he exchanges the "tithe" for money, he can spend the money on whatever his heart desires --- including strong drink?

How many tell the "tither" to share his "tithe" with widows, orphans, strangers etc?

The tithe preachers are either fraudulent or misinformed and those who believe that a Christian has an obligation to "pay tithes" are at least similarly misinformed.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2010
well, well, well, i am a redeemed member and i would speak now. well, as we all know, politics has invaded everything these days and even in redeemed christian church of God, you would find it. as for that format, i dunno who started it but it is not an issue for discussion or criticism. Coming foward is not to be shaked by the pastor but to be blessed accordin to malachi 3. Anyone who reads any meaning to this needs not to but i believe that tithing is a personal thing between yourself and GOd and hence should be kept so.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by idifu(m): 12:30pm On Jun 11, 2010
pastors dress na him dey fine pass, but he hard 4 my ppl 4 dem to buy soo, pastor na him dey give respect pass, but dem dey do bad bad things, (Quote from Fela's coffin 4 head of state)

I will neva pay a dime 2 any pastor,Imam or whatever 2 pray 4 me, after all i get my own mouth to take ask God for his blessings
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KunleOshob(m): 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2010
@stagger
On the contrary those of us who oppose tithing in mordern churches have studied the topic more extensively and thoroughly than the ill informed people who tithe based on the twisted teachings of their pastors, based on these studies we can confidently assert that tithing as it is being reached today is clearly a fraud, that aside it as no relevance to christianity.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2010
Mkpotu:

@Poster as per Topic;

There is nothing wrong in calling up people that have their tithe to the altar and then pray for them. For your information, it is not only in RCCG that such is done, it is usually done in most churches and I do not see it as a new thing in RCCG or anything that could give any sane person this kind of concern. Whether they say people with their tithe should stand up for prayers and later they still match to the altar to drop and calling them to the altar for prayers and thereafter, they drop their tithe, to me I believe they are the same thing.

Meanwhile, announcement for tithing is usually done every Sunday (for convenience as different people have different times/period they receive their salaries/wages/remuneration), so I don't see the reason why you are bothered that you are seated except your conscience is really disturbing you as per not tithing. It's just conscience thing and nobody cares who goes this Sunday and who goes the next Sunday. Mind u, may be your church/parish is smaller because in some bigger ones, people with their tithe are asked to raise it up, after prayers, the ushers go around and collect them.

As per looking for the Biblical interpretation, there is no format/procedure stated in the bible on how to bring your tithe to the house of God.

Dude, I hope you are not sore from patting your self too many times on the back for this IGNORANCE you displayed in your post. And this Mkpotu guy is a Christian cheesy

There is no "format/procedure stated in the Bible on how to bring tithes to the house of God"  Seriously, are you a Christian who understands what he/she studies in the Bible??

Trust me, I am "sane" which is the MAIN reason I don't take whatever I am told hook line and sinker without checking the FACTS for myself, Democratic humanism is what they call it in my neck of the woods grin

I would have been tempted in my other life to direct a verbal Abrams tank your way but that would be a waste of resources in my opinion and I don't support any kind of waste.

bong4:

Well ,Well, Well Only the stingy will oppose tithing and expect God to talk to them on it directly. Go to Malachi 3 and read up. It is not compulsory but if you believe the God that said You shall be blessed and That The Lord is thy Shepherd, why is it too difficult for you to believe that you must pay your tithe. Besides God is not a beggar and your ten percent will not, i repeat will add shishi to his numerous wealth. How much do you guys even make that you think tithing should be difficult?

How many bongs did you take before this post cheesy shocked,

## Some of those posters talking about "anti-tithers" are stingy really are IGNORANT of how it works in these parts, I can claim it all back in my taxes, helping different people with NEEDS, you can't claim that back in taxes, see??

I follow Jesus Christ and not some "MOG" show me where Jesus Christ paid tithes, and he was a Carpenter in case your Pastor missed that one. cheesy
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by 007busman: 1:02pm On Jun 11, 2010
[color=#000099][color=#000099][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]@stagger
On the contrary those of us who oppose tithing in mordern churches have studied the topic more extensively and thoroughly than the ill informed people who tithe based on the twisted teachings of their pastors, based on these studies we can confidently assert that tithing as it is being reached today is clearly a fraud, that aside it as no relevance to christianity.
[/font]
[/color][/color]

Those of you that think you have study bible so much that the issue of tithing is not relevant are just fooling yourself.I want to ask which of the word of God is to be discarded, is it from the old testament or the new one.Have you forgotten that thou shall not add or remove from the word of God those that are doing that has been cursed by God already.Why must you obey the ten commandment and decided not to honour the payment of tithe in the same testament.You guys just love where you will go and the sermon will be preach to suit your purpose.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2010
^^^ Are you sure you're not a pastor of sorts?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Mkpotu(m): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2010
@KunleOshob, all these things are clearly stated in the Bible both in the Deut. 14:22-29 (usually done Catholic & Anglican churches as in Bazaar/thanksgiving where people bring things and they are later sold in the church) which you quoted as well as Malachi 3:6-12 (an obligation with a promise attached)
Why I do not really like venturing into argument about tithing is because I know in the past I have not really kept this obligation as a Christian, but that does not mean that when people are taught or encouraged to pay tithe, it is now a sin/fraud. Most of us are fund of choosing the ones that suits us whilst the unsuitable ones are criticized and argued against.

As a Christian, we are obliged to pay our tithe, most times it is not really easy but we are enjoined to do it. This is similar to telling you as a Christian, do not commit fornication or adultery, but you see most times how many of us Christians keep to it. it is simple, judgment is not for us but for God.

What I can understand from the tithing stuff is that, It is an instruction from God for us to observe and there is a promise/reward for it; Malachi 3:10-12 and I know it works. I do not think it was the pastors/ Rev. Fathers that put this Chapter of the Bible and I believe the Bible should be read as a whole and not in segment or piece meal.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KunleOshob(m): 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2010
@mpoktu
Whilst malachi 3:10 exists in the bible it was addressing the levitical priesthood and not the christian priesthood, that aside biblical tithe is not money from income that preachers have twisted it to be it is food produce of the land. Malachi was stating the israelites should bring food and not money.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by tosinaded(m): 1:56pm On Jun 11, 2010
WONDERFUL. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .IF PAYING TITHE AINT A SIN OR SUMTN, I WOULD RATHER PAY IT!
NOTHING SPOIL ABEG. . .

THE KOKO NA TO GIVE UR LIFE TO CHRIST ABEG. . . TITHE TAKES NO ONE TO HEAVEN.
ONLY JESUS IN UR LIFE DOES. . . . . . .
ALL THIS TITHE BASHERS SHOULD LOOK FOR SUMTN ELSE TO SAY ABEG, THE MATTER IS OVERFLOGGED!
DECIDE TO BE FOR CHRIST TODAY BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

NOBODY IS PERFECT. . . . .ME SEF DEY WORK TOWARDS PERFECTION!
GOD HELP US ALL
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KunleOshob(m): 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2010
The bible makes it clear that it is greedy and fruadulent priest who twist God's word for money, mordern tithe preachers are twisting the word of God.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2010
Mkpotu:

@KunleOshob, all these things are clearly stated in the Bible both in the Deut. 14:22-29 (usually done Catholic & Anglican churches as in Bazaar/thanksgiving where people bring things and they are later sold in the church) which you quoted as well as Malachi 3:6-12 (an obligation with a promise attached)
Why I do not really like venturing into argument about tithing is because I know in the past I have not really kept this obligation as a Christian, but that does not mean that when people are taught or encouraged to pay tithe, it is now a sin/fraud. Most of us are fund of choosing the ones that suits us whilst the unsuitable ones are criticized and argued against.

As a Christian, we are obliged to pay our tithe, most times it is not really easy but we are enjoined to do it. This is similar to telling you as a Christian, do not commit fornication or adultery, but you see most times how many of us Christians keep to it. it is simple, judgment is not for us but for God.

What I can understand from the tithing stuff is that, It is an instruction from God for us to observe and there is a promise/reward for it; Malachi 3:10-12 and I know it works. I do not think it was the pastors/ Rev. Fathers that put this Chapter of the Bible and I believe the Bible should be read as a whole and not in segment or piece meal.  

Bingo! There goes the REASON most people pay tithes!
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by fabay(m): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2010
u had better fear God.The issue of tithing is not by force. all what the pastor needs to do is to make the congragation understand and see the importance of tihte. Mind what you say about these anointed men of God o. Respect the anoionting!!!!!.

Its not by force.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2010
^^^ Have you read any of the comments on here or just picking the ones that suit your position? Christianity has not been turned into "Agbero" style threatening has it?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by aletheia(m): 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
This thread seems to be flooded with a lot of fear mongering.

fabay:

u had better fear God.The issue of tithing is not by force. all what the pastor needs to do is to make the congragation understand and see the importance of tihte. Mind what you say about these anointed men of God o. Respect the anoionting!!!!!.

Its not by force.

Another post by a supposed pro-tithing Christian.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format
« #15 on: Yesterday at 11:49:02 AM »

am sorry but if ure a christian and u find tithe payn difficult. . . . . then y u a christian?
No be the same Bible we dey read?

The biblical thing is to pay your [size=16pt]damn tithe[/size] simple. . . . . . 10% of wut u earn!
some pay it weekly, some monthly!
how the church chooses to collect it is not my business!

if ure a christian that believes the bible, u should know that ure robbing God and robbing urself indirectly!

simple
Pay as in "Pay Your Taxes."
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Enigma(m): 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2010
007busman:

. . .
Those of you that think you have study bible so much that the issue of tithing is not relevant are just fooling yourself.I want to ask which of the word of God is to be discarded, is it from the old testament or the new one.Have you forgotten that thou shall not add or remove from the word of God those that are doing that has been cursed by God already.Why must you obey the ten commandment and decided not to honour the payment of tithe in the same testament.You guys just love where you will go and the sermon will be preach to suit your purpose.

So why are you discarding Deuteronomy 14:22-29 below?

22 “You shall truly tithe all the increase of your grain that the field produces year by year.

23 And you shall eat before the LORD your God, in the place where He chooses to make His name abide, the tithe of your grain and your new wine and your oil, of the firstborn of your herds and your flocks, that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always.

24 But if the journey is too long for you, so that you are not able to carry the tithe, or if the place where the LORD your God chooses to put His name is too far from you, when the LORD your God has blessed you, 25 then you shall exchange it for money, take the money in your hand, and go to the place which the LORD your God chooses. 26 And you shall spend that money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen or sheep, for wine or similar drink, for whatever your heart desires; you shall eat there before the LORD your God, and you shall rejoice, you and your household. 27 You shall not forsake the Levite who is within your gates, for he has no part nor inheritance with you.

28 “At the end of every third year you shall bring out the tithe of your produce of that year and store it up within your gates. 29 And the Levite, because he has no portion nor inheritance with you, and the stranger and the fatherless and the widow who are within your gates, may come and eat and be satisfied, that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hand which you do.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2010
@ Olaadegbu:

Dim-D:

grin grin grin I follow the style of Jesus and call hypocrites hypocrites but resort to love when discussing with innocent people. Chaps here are mainly reasonable people though gullible. Did you ever notice how Jesus related with such? He loved them, fed them, taught them, healed them etc. They, He called His people.

With your type, (hypocrites who want the adulation of men and to be seen as leaders, who want the high places and go about screaming "I am a priest",) do you recall what names/terms Jesus used? -? hypocrites, white washed sepulchers (which means a grave cleaned on the outside but rotting and full of maggots inside), Self-righteous, saying they fight for God when their God is their tummies etc!

The Bible says todays priesthood is after the order of Melchizedek, not the levitical order. Who did Melchizedek pay tithes to if he's our example and why didn't Jesus EVER collect tithes?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 4:13pm On Jun 11, 2010
^^^ Mind control is a serious thing or these guys would not be defending a topic that has been hashed plenty of times here on NL but they seem to use every opportunity they have to regurgitate what they were "INSTRUCTED" to do or they want to be just like the others who do it out of conviction.

I wanted to use this thread to find out why they now have to come out and to see if it was Biblical, they have retorted to insults and "how dare you question a Pastor/"MOG". I am not sure they know the Priesthood has changed but maybe they might find out sooner than later so we all can stop following the herd instead of chatting our own courses.

Suppressed people (mental and physical) find it VERY HARD to maintain a position independently, Jesus Christ came to show the way and how hard is it to follow his footsteps
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KunleOshob(m): 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2010
ogajim:

^^^ Mind control is a serious thing or these guys would not be defending a topic that has been hashed plenty of times here on NL but they seem to use every opportunity they have to regurgitate what they were "INSTRUCTED" to do or they want to be just like the others who do it out of conviction.

I wanted to use this thread to find out why they now have to come out and to see if it was Biblical, they have retorted to insults and "how dare you question a Pastor/"MOG". I am not sure they know the Priesthood has changed but maybe they might find out sooner than later so we all can stop following the herd instead of chatting our own courses.

Suppressed people (mental and physical) find it VERY HARD to maintain a position independently, Jesus Christ came to show the way and how hard is it to follow his footsteps
But you know these rams would rather follow their MOGs rather than follow the direct teachings of christ. We all know what christ said about giving in church or to the less priviledge in matthew 6. I guess that portion of the bible was erase from the version being used in RCCG and other like commercilized churches.

Matthew 6:1-4:
“Watch out! Don’t do your good deeds publicly, to be admired by others, for you will lose the reward from your Father in heaven. 2 When you give to someone in need, don’t do as the hypocrites do—blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! I tell you the truth, they have received all the reward they will ever get. 3 But when you give to someone in need, don’t let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. 4 Give your gifts in private, and your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by debosky(m): 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2010
There is no specification in the bible on whether people should come out to give or sit down and pass around a basket. In that regard, RCCG is free to do as it pleases.

While the verse you quoted is correct Kunle, the issue here is intent - if people are doing it to be admired by others then it is wrong - if not, there is absolutely nothing wrong in coming out to give be it 10%, 1% or 0.0005%.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KunleOshob(m): 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2010
@debosky
Deut 14:22-29 states clearly how tithing should be done and it bears no semblance to how it is being done in RCCG and other tithe paying churches. Tithes as nothing to do with passing a basket round as we know biblical tithes is not money, it was produce of the land. It is very clear from scripture that the type of tithing being preached today is unscriptural and a manipulation of the word of God to feed the greed of a few who's belly is their god. That aside i am quite certain the motive behind this format of collecting tithes in RCCG is aimed at making those who don't tithe to feel left out, it is like a sutle arm twist to get them to tithe. the scam is obvious to me and i no longer have any regard for RCCG. In fact i lost all mu respect for their G.O the day i read the fraud he wrote in the 17th march edition of his "open heavens" devotional in which he he twisted scripture to say that God would bless you a hundred fold if you give your G.O money, it exposed him for who he really is and what his organization stands for.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by garyarnold(m): 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2010
Stagger – you quote scripture but don’t understand what it is telling you.

Genesis 14:20 – Melchizedek comes out to meet Abraham, as Abraham gives him a tithe of the spoils of his victory. – Do YOU understand what you just said? Abraham did NOT give a tenth of his income or his own property. Is this what your church teaches you?

Genesis 28:20-22 – After the vision of God’s renewed covenant, Jacob initiates a covenant with God vowing to give him a tithe of what he receives from the promised land. – And in this vow, Jacob sets the conditions. Is that what you do when you tithe; tell God what He must do FIRST? Does the Word say that Jacob ever, in fact, tithed?

Numbers 18:21 – The tithe is dedicated to the Levites (the priests, or like today, the pastors for the work in the tabernacle. – You are wrong. The Levites were NOT like the pastors of today. The Levites were SERVANTS TO THE PRIESTS. They were the musicians, singers, ushers, janitors, etc. The Levites then gave a tenth of the tithe to the priests. Is that the way your church does it?

Nehemiah 10:37-38 – Israel obeys God and brings the tithes to the storehouse. – You better read that scripture again. It say the firstfruits were taken to the Temple for the priests and the tithe was taken to the Levites to go into their cities, NOT to the Temple or storehouse. THEN the Levites took a tenth of the tithe to the Temple. THAT is what went to the storehouse.

Nehemiah 13:5-12 – Nehemiah cleanses the storehouse and kicks Tobiah out of the room that was designated to store the tithe. He then restores order. – THIS, my friend, explains that the PRIESTS STOLE THE LEVITES PORTION OF THE TITHE that the Levites brought for their own food. THIS is what Malachi 3, robbing God of the tithe is talking about.

Hebrews 7:5-9 – Abraham’s tithe is used to illustrate a change concerning the priesthood. – WHY did you stop at verse 9? Keep going and when you get to verse 18, you will see that THE COMMAND WAS DISANNULLED. In other words, Numbers 18 was disannulled – the command that instigated the Levitical priesthood and the tithe.

Are you aware that the priests and Levites only worked at the Temple about two weeks per year, on a rotational basis? NOT FULL TIME. The priests and Levites were divided into 24 "courses". See First Chronicles 24 for the priests and chapters 25 and 26 for the Levites. Each course only ministered in the Temple one week out of twenty four (1 in 24), and, depending on how many families were in each course, each family only ministered in the Temple two or three days during its courses’ week of ministry. I bet your pastor never told you this!

Numbers 18:27 proves that neither wages nor income could be tithed on for The Lord’s Tithe. Without this interpretation, Numbers 18:27 has no meaning and is only taking up space.

Now, for you who tithe, can you please give scripture to show that you are following God’s definition for His tithe, and can you give scripture to show that God directs His tithe be taken to the church? IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE SCRIPTURE TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS, YOU’D BETTER STUDY MORE.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by stagger: 5:23pm On Jun 11, 2010
I pay tithes and believe you me, it is when I default I start having hiccups in my finances; business deals start getting more diificult to seal, things start spoiling at home without reason, all sorts.

The moment I re-arrange and start obeying the tithing principle, I start having all manner of breakthroughs. Sometimes I get calls from unexpected sources bringing business to me.

Lately after I re-committed to be a very faithful tither (unlike in times past when I sometimes delay) and paid my tithes faithfully, I got a powerful business contact that will put millions into my account annually for a long time.

COINCIDENCE? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I have tested this principle for more than ten years and the results I get when I am faithful with tithing is undisputable.

My views on tithing are based on what I have heard preached, read from my bible AND TESTED, FOR TEN YEARS PLUS.

My kind of person is such that I cannot be swayed or brainwashed by anyone on this planet. My views are based on what I have experienced and believed to be true according to God's Word.

Having said this, tithing is not a one-way ticket to heaven.There are other things that a Christian should pay attention to. Even Christ berated the Pharisees for not considering the weightier matters of the law the way they followed tithing.

So obey all of God's Word, not portions. I rest my case.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2010
I am in a church where they are sometimes asked to wave their tithes in the air. I have no problems waving nothing.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by slyk2(m): 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2010
this na church matter.

keep off!

pay if you like--no pay if you like
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 6:17pm On Jun 11, 2010
Stagger, your position is cool and no one is trying to tell you to stop doing what works for you.

## You be big boy naija style now!

sly-k:

this na church matter.

keep off!

pay if you like--no pay if you like

Ignorant contribution I must add, who makes up the Church? Is Church made made for man or man for the Church?

davidylan:

I am in a church where they are sometimes asked to wave their tithes in the air. I have no problems waving nothing.

it doesn't bother me, I just wanted to know if they do it like this in other Parishes/Churches.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2010
nuclearboy:

@ Olaadegbu:

Dim-D:

grin grin grin I follow the style of Jesus and call hypocrites hypocrites but resort to love when discussing with innocent people. Chaps here are mainly reasonable people though gullible. Did you ever notice how Jesus related with such? He loved them, fed them, taught them, healed them etc. They, He called His people.

Telling lies against Jesus again!  Where did Jesus use expletives and vituperations against people?  So you think that Jesus used foul language swearing and cursing the way you do?  Atheists would not go as far as accusing Jesus of the use of foul language but you who claim to be a christian go about saying that Jesus used dirty language is the reason why you curse, satan has no shame.

nuclearboy:

With your type, (hypocrites who want the adulation of men and to be seen as leaders, who want the high places and go about screaming "I am a priest",) do you recall what names/terms Jesus used? -? hypocrites, white washed sepulchers (which means a grave cleaned on the outside but rotting and full of maggots inside), Self-righteous, saying they fight for God when their God is their tummies etc!

What Jesus said has no semblance with your dirty words, if anyone is an hypocrite you should look at the mirror to see who it is.  Was it not you that was pointing accusing fingers at "vanitty" of turning an argument into a fight?  All I did was to remind you of the direction your remaining fingers are pointing to by posting your quoted expletives and ridicule, instead of you to humble  yourself and repent you console yourself that you are fighting for God the same way Jesus did.

nuclearboy:

The Bible says todays priesthood is after the order of Melchizedek, not the levitical order. Who did Melchizedek pay tithes to if he's our example and why didn't Jesus EVER collect tithes?

My candid advise to you is that you keep your pennies, God is more interested in your heart.  The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to God how much when he brings it with a wicked heart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Don’t Persecute Daddy Freeze: Tithing Today Is A Scam - Femi Aribisala / Christ Embassy Church Collapses In Delta; Building Still Under Construction / is The Wearing Of Necklaces And Ear Rings Scriptural In The Bible?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.