Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,167 members, 7,880,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:40 PM

Light Or Darkness? Make A Choice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Light Or Darkness? Make A Choice (580 Views)

Light Or Eyes: Which Came First? / The SUN Will Turn To Darkness Soon And The Moon Will Turn To Red Like Blood. / "POVERTY" Is A Choice, True Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Light Or Darkness? Make A Choice by PastorAde: 9:06am On Jun 16, 2010
[center]Light or Darkness? Make a Choice[/center]

This then is the message which we have heard of Him, and declare to you, that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all (1 John 1: 5, emphasis added).

1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of the God moved upon the face of the waters. 3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light (Genesis 1: 1-3).

Then spoke Jesus again to them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life (John 8:12, emphasis added).

He that believes in Him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil (John 3:18-19, emphasis added).

For you were sometimes darkness, but now are you light in the Lord: walk as children of light (Ephesians 5: cool.

In the beginning God, Who is light personified, created the heaven and the earth. Everything He made was good and perfect. He filled heaven and earth with His light. But how come the darkness that was upon the face of the deep in Genesis 1: 2?

There was a rebellion in heaven. Lucifer (satan), attempted to usurp God’s throne of glory. “And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon: and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the devil, and satan, which deceives the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels with him. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony (Revelation 12: 7-9, 11a).

At the end of that war in heaven, satan was cast out of heaven into the earth. He is darkness personified. He brought darkness into the earth. That explains the darkness on the face of the deep in Genesis 1: 2. Then in Genesis 3 he went into the Garden of Eden to deceive Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit which she later gave to Adam to eat. Due to Adam’s disobedience to God’s earlier command not to eat the forbidden fruit, sin, death and darkness entered into the human race. Adam who was full of light as a direct son of God was now filled with darkness because he was cut off from fellowship with God Who is light. All of Adam’s descendants were also filled with darkness due to the fall.

David, while repenting of his sin of adultery, prayed this prayer in Psalm 51: 5. “Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.” This statement is true for every man born into this world. We were all conceived in sin, due to the original sin of Adam. Sin originated from satan who is darkness personified.

In solving the problem of sin and darkness brought into the world by satan, God, Who is light, sent Jesus His only begotten Son into the world, and He declared: “I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life”. There are two personalities you can follow as an individual – Jesus or satan. Jesus is the true Light which lights every man that comes into the world (John 1:9). Satan is a deceiver which deceives the world and keeps men in his kingdom of darkness. If you believe in Jesus and follow Him, He lightens up your life and you become light personified and enter God’s kingdom. If you reject Jesus and follow satan you are darkness personified and remain in the kingdom of darkness (see Ephesians 5: 8 above).

Who will you follow? Jesus or satan. What choice will you make? Light or darkness? If your choice is light, pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Fill me with your light. I confess you as my Lord and Savior. I choose light; I reject darkness in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling, write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P. O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Hiv Now Undetected After Encounter With Jesus On The Streets! / Is The North Safe For Christians / Preparing For Any Church Event Of Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.