Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,754 members, 7,875,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:49 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (438712 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 6:03pm On May 09, 2011
@sun-sat yes that is the tp 3967 v 10166 but need 2m solid and 3m mesh to get stable,l,m using 2.4m mesh and it,s not stable.Thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 7:12pm On May 09, 2011
@sun-sat Don,t forget that satellite name is 64.2 intelsat 906/c.Thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sunsat(m): 8:28pm On May 09, 2011
@ all, what could be the cause of this problem,
I installed Eutelsat W3 this evening, I got 11192 v 03210 that MBC 1 and 3 @ 65%, then 10976 v 3333 (i.e)tv madagascar 88%, then 12728v30000 which is tv zimbo and Rts refuse to pop out green, and the red keep fluctuating as if the Lnbf is not bad but other frequencies are green. When I check with another decoder, the 12728 v 30000 freq turns green but mine remains red both Vertical and horizontal, what could cause this magic
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by infofta(m): 9:02pm On May 09, 2011
@sun-sat
since you tried H and V pol. and failed to pop green. Then try reduce the frequency by 1 or 2 ie 12726H 30000. If the same thing, reset your decoder to factory settings.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 9:05pm On May 09, 2011
change the lnb and check the lnb freq 9.750/10.600.THANK YOU
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 9:21pm On May 09, 2011
@Badaru1
Would you please contact me using the address here. I have something VERY important to discuss with you URGENTLY wink wink
foudsurfyoc@dunflimblag.mailexpire.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Femwal: 10:08pm On May 09, 2011
pls my friends can i uses 1.8cm pane dish get intersat 68.5 degres east with c-band pls asist me, i just buy cband now,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by odilibe(m): 10:57pm On May 09, 2011
Femwal:

pls my friends can i uses 1.8cm pane dish get intersat 68.5 degres east with c-band pls asist me, i just buy cband now,
i can't assist you, but you can track intelsat @68.5east with 1.8m dish,set your lnb @2'0clock, don't use the dielectric plate and the C band lnb should be 1centimeter out from the lnb holder, track with aljazeera news frequency 4064 H 19850 , cheers
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Yinka4dad(m): 5:01am On May 10, 2011
I xprnce d prob also myb it is d signal bt i ws tld its bk on air.U cn nw try it
Sun-sat:

@ all, what could be the cause of this problem,
I installed Eutelsat W3 this evening, I got 11192 v 03210 that MBC 1 and 3 @ 65%, then 10976 v 3333 (i.e)tv madagascar 88%, then 12728v30000 which is tv zimbo and Rts refuse to pop out green, and the red keep fluctuating as if the Lnbf is not bad but other frequencies are green. When I check with another decoder, the 12728 v 30000 freq turns green but mine remains red both Vertical and horizontal, what could cause this magic
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by rastarman(m): 5:08am On May 10, 2011
@all pls what is the frequency for RDV i lost mine while i deleted my channels, tried blind scan it didn't come. pls come to my aid
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sensicut(m): 6:39am On May 10, 2011
12437(h)23437
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Nobody: 9:19am On May 10, 2011
@All it seems MBC 1 & 2 on w3 has finally gotten the problem with there drop in signal.cos mine came up after rescanning my decoder without even touching the dish yesternight 50% - 51% on 90cm.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 9:39am On May 10, 2011
I agree with you, mine reached 70% yesternite. Lets wait and see. grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 10:02am On May 10, 2011
@Ilish
Pliz check your mail and respond cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 10:41am On May 10, 2011
Pidzo:

@Ilish
Pliz check your mail and respond cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
I have responded and do likewise.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:49pm On May 10, 2011
Sun-sat:

@ Pidzo, I am not a small boy in this forum, I have spent many years here online contibuting and assisting fellow Nairaland to best of my knowledge without been selfish,so when you are not willing to assist your same jungle brother,you will better get your hands off the keyboard than posting unneccesary things as if you were born and bred in satellite, better know that you don't know everything about because assuming you knew much, you would'nt have registered,most times one may not go that far in checking already posted reply
, Thanks
@ twinsoris, thanks for your useful information, may God bless you and give your wife  triplet insha allah(hahahaha)

@sun-sat,
I'm sure twinsoris meant no harm as he was only suggesting that members take some time to read past posts before asking questions that have been repeated here several times.
We will still try to answer as many questions as possible depending on the circumstances but its always better to check well before asking.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sunsat(m): 1:21pm On May 10, 2011
George_D:

@sun-sat,
I'm sure twinsoris meant no harm as he was only suggesting that members take some time to read past posts before asking questions that have been repeated here several times.
We will still try to answer as many questions as possible depending on the circumstances but its always better to check well before asking.
@ George_D,I wasn't refering to Twinsoris, If you check my post, I appreciated him and showed what I don't know, but my argument was between Pidzo and illish because of the manner and tone of their post, so I can understand you my brother, Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Sunsat(m): 1:23pm On May 10, 2011
George_D:

@sun-sat,
@ George_D,I wasn't refering to Twinsoris, If you check my post, I appreciated him and showed what I don't know, but my argument was between Pidzo and illish because of the manner and tone of their post, so I can understand you my brother, Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 1:27pm On May 10, 2011
@SunSat
Did you read my post clearly or you just want to make trouble with me? If you feel you were insulted, where is the insult? Did I claim in any of my post that I know everything about satellites? I only pointed out about your post (check my post) and if you feel offended why not pick out the straw that broke the camels back? And what did Ilish write that is out of order? If you have something with me I have posted an email somewhere in this forum, use it and lets see what happens. And if you feel my posts do not help you just ignore them but check the forum (and other forums outside this one) and see how many people have been assisted by my 'useless' contributions. Who said that if you are 'not a small boy here' you cannot be corrected? Do you want to tell me BIG PEOPLE LIKE YOU don't make mistakes? Are you the only one or the first one to be corrected in this forum? Grow up and swallow your pride of being BIG. Anywhere, anyhow insult is not part of my vocabulary, lets move on. Gud day Bro.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Femwal: 1:59pm On May 10, 2011
Hello pls asist me with my 1.8cm dish with c-band lnbf, yesterday i bought 180cm pan dish with cband @onisha but i dont no which satellite that i w pick, pls help me o, can i uses it 4 intel 7/10 c @ ise-state,thank so much
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Femwal: 2:01pm On May 10, 2011
Hello pls asist me with my 1.8cm dish with c-band lnbf, yesterday i bought 180cm pan dish with cband @onisha but i dont no which satellite that i w pick, pls help me o, can i uses it 4 intel 7/10 c @ ise-ekiti,ekiti-state thank so much

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 2:28pm On May 10, 2011
@Femwal
As I am not in your region I will just give a few that I know and please verify with lyngsat. Try Eutelsat W2a, Nss7, Intelsat 906, Intelsat 7/10, Paksat 1, Arabsat 5a, Intelsat 903, etc. For the packages check with Lyngsat and make your own choice. I think you can get some channels on 7/10 with your dish, channels like Aljazeera which have a very strong signal. Good hunting Bro grin grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Mavor: 4:14pm On May 10, 2011
How can I watch Big brother? I am a subscribed dstv user with my dstv smart card in strong 4669x, the big brother channel was fta but dstv have now encoded it. cry
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 4:20pm On May 10, 2011
Did you use your receiver to watch any Multichoice channel before (irdeto ones)? If your account is valid then make sure you are not using a card married with another Dstv decoder because the strong receiver wont open it. If your account is not valid then there is no way out. Tell us more.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Femwal: 5:30pm On May 10, 2011
Pls and pls arrange dish setting 4 c-band @ srt4669x for me i want to install intel7/10 c. Setting like LNB TYPE,LNB FREQ,22KHZ,LNB POWER,DISEQC1.0,DISEQC1.1. Pls help me 4 dis.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Mavor: 5:44pm On May 10, 2011
Pidzo:

Did you use your receiver to watch any Multichoice channel before (irdeto ones)? If your account is valid then make sure you are not using a card married with another Dstv decoder because the strong receiver wont open it. If your account is not valid then there is no way out. Tell us more.

Yes, I subscribed for this month. I receive channels like Africa Magic, series, e.t.c
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 5:59pm On May 10, 2011
@Femwal
Here are the settings you are looking for:
Satellite: Intel 7,10c
Frequency: select the frequency with strong signal in your region
LNB Power: On
LNB Type: OCS (How i set it)
LNB Frequency: 5.150/ 5.750
22khz: Off (if you are not using any 22khz switch)
Diseq 1.0: off (if you are not using any diseqc switch)
Diseq 1.1: off

@Mavor
Have you tried blind scanning and then check for new channels. There is a BBA channel special for subscribers and not the free one which i feel your receiver shud open as your subscription is valid. I would have scanned mine to give you the frequency on Ew4/7 (since us in the south use intel7/10 for BBA) for you to enter but I am using a laptop on the move.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Mavor: 6:38pm On May 10, 2011
Yeah, I scanned a while back, there are 2 BBA channels, the normal one and the FTA one, both read scrambled to me now. Before, I was getting the FTA one, I think BBA viewers are meant to subscribe specially by texting their smart card numbers to DSTV, I think that is for Nigeria. I just need more info on how to go about it.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Pidzo(m): 6:44pm On May 10, 2011
Just find out from Dstv Nigeria if the bouquet you subscribed includes BBA.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by lovala(m): 7:11pm On May 10, 2011
@Lovala, try this on your decoder goto dish settings, then u will see the diagram of the dish and the disecq numbering; if your astra 2b is on disecq port number 1 (mind u check that on the dish menu settings i.e after Frequency, LNB Power,LNB type till u get to DISEqc 1.0 and DISEcq 1.1 now if your astra2b is on port 1 then u should set DISEcq 1.0 to 1 of 4, or if it is on port 2 then set it to 2 of 4) on that port1 go to Frequency and scroll sideways till u get 12.552 GHz(V), the signal level&quality bar should turn green. or go back to manual scan and locate astra 2b press the green button and input a working astra 2b tp and scan.After that go to dish settings again, on satellite select Siru4a, go to disecq numbering and let say u put it on port 2 (on the DISEqc1.0 bar it shoud read 2 of 4 or u set it urself)go to Frequency bar and select a working or tracking tp on sirus4a. The level & quality bar should turn green.Then go back to manual press green add tp and scan.Once done always save when u are going backwards i.e by pressing exit.Now check any of the channels that is showing.Press any astara2b channel,let say Joysport, leave it there, then press menu on the remote, go to dish settings u should see that your astra 2b is on diseqc numbered 1 or in your case the port u chose.Go back to channels and select any channel from Sirus4a and leave it there,then press menu and go to dish settings, u should notice that your sirus4a is on diseqc numbered 2 or in your case the port number u used.I assume your decoder model is strong.I hope it will help.

@ timosat

Thankx very much my bros. But, I know how to assign dishes to different ports of a disecq switch. I even have a baby thread to attest to that. Secondly, I’ve changed disecqs with the same results. What I am suspecting could be the software that was used to up date the decoder and was hoping to get a confirmation that a new update with a different software may solve the problem. He got the decoder already updated to the January 2011 Middle East MYTV version. If there is any one who’s experienced what is in that post, let him tell me how he got out of it. Respects! I would like to try out t he most recent April 2011 version to see how it pans out tomorrow. Will get back with the results soon as I’m done. Take care y’all.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by lovala(m): 7:27pm On May 10, 2011
@gadotor,

Thankx my bruv for your reply.
I did send another question to you and would hope you reply it. Keepit be real. lots o' love bruv.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Twinsoris(m): 8:54pm On May 10, 2011
To all nairalanders i have 1.8M dish and my location is abidjan in ivory coast and with this dish i have track intelsat 906@64.2 and i receive agape tv; eatv, star tvafrica , channel ten and others and i have track also intelsat 10 @68 as well but i willing to track Paksat 1 , is it possible for me track paksat1 with dish and my location and what is the easier TP and the channel name, THANKS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.